Reviews of Westin New York at Times Square 5 stars

270 West 43rd Street, New York, NY 10036, USA

#283 of 415 hotels in New York

Good facility - bad service
    • Traditional Corner King

No customer service Staff unhelpful. No shower cap; liquid soap, cotton wool, earbuds. Only soap bar that was not replaced or refreshed, shampoo and conditioner. Disappointing

Room was large They accommodated an early check in Location

Great and good
    • Traditional King Room

The restaurant was horrible. I wish we could have spent our money on something else. And why is there no pool? Lame

The service was nice and the location to the theatres is perfect.

Great hotel for a solo leisure traveler looking for luxury and comfort in a good location.
    • Traditional King Room

Service at the front desk was efficient but curt. Didn’t bother to explain the free perks you’d get and I had to find out everything myself. The room also didn’t provide the regular amenities at the start, like bottled drinking water, bedroom slippers etc. unless you request for it. Prices for F&B were high, and laundry was crazy expensive.

The hotel had a good location in Times Square and I was able to walk everywhere from it. Free WiFi, very comfortable bed, one of the best showers I’ve had in a hotel and they offered $25 in F&B credit, $10 in laundry credit and a free bus tour daily. They also accommodated my room and bed preferences. And when I tried to request for laundry over the weekend and was told they didn’t offer that, they agreed to waive a day of the $25 destination fee.

Location was excellent.
    • Traditional King Room

Had to carry our luggage ourselves to the room and even when we were checking out

Location was excellent. Very close to time square. Staff was very good

• Traditional King Room

Rates r different when you book and during check out they charge different amount ...pay later option is horrible don’t know why they keep this option

Great rooms, great location!
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Asked for bell boy to help me with suitcases, waited more than 20 min and no one came. Went downstairs to call them again and they were mad at me!

Great rooms, great location!

The hotel was very nice and was a short walk away from the...
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

I believe breakfast should be included for what guests are paying per night.

The hotel was very nice and was a short walk away from the heart of Times Square. The staff was friendly and the accommodations were above par.

Location is excellent

The room window did not shut tight. The light in the bathroom kept shutting off when we were using it. We told the staff and it was like ok whatever. No action was taken.

Location is excellent

Pathetic services Westin..
    • Traditional King Room

Their is no swimming pool..attitude of staff..destination fees of 25$ each day which was never ever informed to me while booking..foundry restaurant where they offer breakfast is on mezzanine and is very small..

Nothing as they have nothing extraordinary..

The overall stay was very satisfying but hotel management needs to improve aspects of their service.
    • Traditional King Room

1. Check in was horrible at 3:00PM - shift change created short staffing at desk. Slow because staff attempted to up-sell rooms then placed able bodied customer in handicap room not requested in reservation. 2. When changing from handicapped to correct room type we were were told baggage would be transferred by our return - did not happen during 8 hour absence and had to delay plans to await arrival. 3. Room maid service inconsistent - how hard is it to put appropriate number if glasses in a room. 4. AC was inconsistent in maintaining temperature. 5. Upon returning to room the 1st night the key card would not work and we had to wait approximately 1 hour for security staff to resolve problem with lock. Staff person was very nice & apologetic. We assume a cheese & fruit plate left in our room was a form of apology by management but there was no note indicating this was the case. Nice gesture however.

1. Bed was very comfortable, 2. Location was ideal, 3. Staff was generally very pleasant & cordial once past check-in process. 4. All rooms had a view of some type.

Great stay, and will try to stay there from now on whenever in NYC.
    • Traditional King Room

They have a daily "destination fee" or resort fee which basically sounds like just a way of sticking an extra $28 daily on your bill. There ARE some real benefits they offer in return for this, that you might take advantage of if you are there on a leisure visit. However, the "free Wi-Fi" and some other freebies are essentially "not free." AT the end of the day, in NYC the overall price/cost and value, coupled with the luxury, very nice modern rooms, location etc., I think overrides all of that and makes the $28 fee more easily palatable

The staff was very helpful and the room was very clean, GREAT bed, great location, excellent lobby bar with drinks and great food. Front desk staff -- Edison -- and others were incredibly nice and helpful. I kept having to remind myself that we were in NYC.

I have already mentioned above my remarks. This is totally true from my heart.
    • Traditional King Room

The only thing I didn’t like the view from my room.

The bathroom was spacious. The mattress on bed was so comfortable. I totally recommend this hotel to others like my family or friends. But only thing was uncomfortable that first I did not get any room for my extended stay on May 26, 2018. Ok no problem. But from reservation on phone call did not meet my expectation as anyone first booked Sheraton Times Square but there was no booking there. But later on calling so many times I had to book again that hotel & I got the booking finallly at Sheraton Times Square.

A very stressful and distasteful stay.. it is NOT what it says online.

Everything.

This was one of the worst experiences I have had Hotel wise. It says on a few websites that this is a three to four star hotel.. NO it’s not. I can not even see how it would qualify as a one star rating. This is more like a hostel.. I came to New York for business for the ICFF Javits show in furniture and design. We design international hotels and were appalled by everything. The room was extremely small: you could barely fit one single sized bed, which was placed next to two windows with zero insulation or sound proofing. The drought from the window gave me a chill during the night and started my journey with a cold. You have sadly a couple of gangs that hang out on either side of the hotel and really not a very nice neighbourhood next to the hotel. kept me awake at night with all the hustle and bustle. The bathroom sink was as big as no exaggeration, my left hand. Guys there is no lift in this building so if you have heavy suitcases you will be doing some heavy exercise if you are placed on one of the higher floors and once you get there, fingers crossed that your luggage fits together with yourself in the room! Cleanliness - extremely dirty, accumulates grease in the cracks of the corners of the rooms. The towels had yellow stains and were the size of a flunnel. Staff - no idea what they are doing.

Excellent location.
    • Traditional King Room

Excellent location. A block away from Times Square so not THAT loud. We were on the 10th floor and there was not that much noise at all. The service was great and the room was very large!! Would highly recommend it!

Generally very good. The location is perfect.
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

The breakfast buffet was one of the worst buffets I’ve experienced at the Westin at a cost of $33.95 per person. It was one oft he biggest scams. Very disappointing to have been charged this kind of money for what was a breakfast served at a budget cost hotel. In fact the breakfast buffet at some budget hotels were better than this and at a lower cost.

The location. The scent. The bed.

Amazing 1st wedding anniversary with NO complaints.
    • Traditional Corner King

I loved everything...I have no complaints about my stay.

Tracy S. Was amazing...she was extremely helpful and easy to get ahold of. She checked on me once I arrived to make sure everything was good. The staff at check in was great. Professional and polite. Check out was easy...any concern I had was addressed immediately...the room was amazing...clean and comfortable with an amazing view. We were able to leave our luggage at the front desk at check out so that we could hang out in the city for the whole day. Breakfast was delish.

Overall I enjoyed my stay at Westin!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Had a difficult time figuring out the elevator to use from first floor since I had a stroller and could not use the escalator that other guests were expected to use till the lobby area on second floor.

The location was excellent and the staff were always ready and willing to help.

Definitely not a 5 stars hotel
    • Grand Deluxe Corner King Room

breakfast to expensive for what it is, also the size of the restaurant doesn't meet with the demand, staff aggressive and not polite, who want to wake up and eat breakfast with staff rushing you to leave and trhoing plates on your ear?. Front desk staff is not friendly and in constant defensive attitude and aggressiveness. really surprise is a 5 stars hotel. will never stay again, for the payed price better offers are available in town. many others things I didn't like but I will not bother to write about it

size of bed, size of room and location

Breakfast!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast! Had to wait in cue every morning and selection was poor. Bought a room with breakfast but when I arrived at breakfast I found out that did not include anything warm from the buffet as that was $9 extra. Also sent a request a week in advance asking to be high up with a view but was placed low with no view! Very disappointing experience!

Central location, best suited to a business stay

Floors 2-23 felt a bit dated. Quite a long queue for check-in and check-out.

Conveniently located (if you don’t mind being in the midst of the hustle and bustle). Nice lobby/communal areas. Room was a very good size for Manhattan.

Great experience

The SPG memeship floor

The location and staffs are super! It’s not in center middle of time square so it is great to be away from the noise a bit but in term of that the location is great!

Spaciousness of the room.
    • Traditional King Room

Service. Wifi was included in the rate but the hotel queried this and added it to my room bill- I had to ask a few times to have this rectified. Furniture and fittings are dated and tired.

Spaciousness of the room.

Expensive but clean. Fantastic views but not much in term of toiletries. Spartan moderate luxe.

Price

Great views. This is big hotel--comfortable but it feels like a shopping mall or an office building, not a home away from home. Very expensive and not as luxurious as one would expect. First class rates for business class.

I/we will not choose another Westin acquisition hotel for a Times Square experience.
    • Traditional King Room

48 hours response to a call to front desk for a second robe was too long. The never response to request for another bath towel, well "nuf said".

1. Helen at front desk for check in. 2. Concierge help for urgent personal assistance in locating a local merchant.

Location Location Location!!
    • Deluxe Corner King Room

Had let them know in advance it was my wife's special birthday. Bit disappointed nothing special from them. Maybe policy?

Great location. Very comfortable room. Great bed !

The breakfast was good with some fresh fruits.
    • Traditional King Room

The location was great ofcorse but the staff are not so friendly and have issues if you are from a different country, like the security wanted to see my access card between all the people who were going in and out he picked me always which made feel how racist there were

The breakfast was good with some fresh fruits. Room was good but i was expecting more for this price, waited for 6 hours to take the room because of credit card issue , how ever the amount was paid but they needed the card in case of using the minibar ... in dubai they would empty the bar for you in that case and would check you in immediately. I was so disappointed with keeping me waiting only to block an amount of 68$ just for incase using a minibar ☹️

Small rooms .very low quality breakfast .high price
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast saloon was very small.30 min wait for free table.it was very poor and which is mentioned as breakfast include but when you eat hot bread or egg they bring more than 20 usd extra and without that breakfast is for 2 star hotel type

Health center was good

• Premium King Room

I was overcharged and they hadn't planned on resolving the situation until I called to complaint. The manager Cynthia then told me they realized this already and she would speak to them later about refunding my money but she wasn't helpful and seemed like she just wanted me off the phone. The customer service was not good. The bed was hard and the room small for the price paid. The only good thing about this hotel is the location.

Comfortable stay but overpriced
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Broken lock on connecting door, broken safe, poor water pressure, no space in minifridge for personal drinks or foods Location a bit difficult for Uber’s to reach because of horrible traffic in busy area

Very comfy pillows and mattresses Good location for walking to sites Great wifi

• Traditional King Room

It’s rated as a 4-star hotel but should not be. The mirror door was cracked, the room safe did not work, there was dust build-up on the bathroom shower vent and the doir to the bathroom was a heavy, sliding door that did not close fully.

Location, Location, Location.
    • Traditional King Room

Room service, although promptly delivered, was not good. We ordered dessert . Presentation, food quality and taste were poor. We opted not to try the restaurant for other meals, because of the room services experience.

Location, Location, Location. Right in the heart of the theater district without being in the madness of time square. Staff was friendly and nice.

Shower was very nice and unusual bed was very comfortable
    • Traditional King Room

Called concierge twice the morning of checkout and was routed to a message. No call back or anything after 45 min. I had to physically walk down to ask about a bag drop after checkout.

Shower was very nice and unusual bed was very comfortable

Bed was comfy room and manger assistance was horrible.
    • Traditional King Room

Mold in room. Light walking in did not work. Stains on the wall. Grout in shower was old. Dressers were scratch and the manager Steven Lue gave us a hard time about our complaints and did nothing about the issues listed above.

Bed was comfy.

great stay for one night with slight oversights
    • Traditional King Room

1) I became aware prior to departing from hotel, that i had paid for a destination fee in my hotel booking which included a $25.00 credit for food and beverage which i hadn’t used. 2) to check-in at 12:00 pm instead of waiting till 3:00 pm , and at the suggestion of the check-in clerk, i paid $35.00 extra for an upgrade with a better view, but got a room with half the view blocked by an ugly building. Don’t pay for upgrades. 3) fridge in the room is stocked with snacks and alcoholic beverages but no pricing was supplied. 4) coffee machine and coffee in room is of very inferior quality. 5) if coming with a car, the parking lot is across the street, and the parking stub has to be stamped by the westin hotel check-in clerk in order to get a price reduction of $10.00. the check-in clerk placed a sticker which states payment by credit card instead of cash when i go get my car. I was never informed of this. 6) the sitting area across from check-in on the second floor was occupied with too many people using their laptops because of free wifi. there was no place to sit.

located in the heart of new york right at the corner . Close to shops, next door to times square and theatres. very clean, and well decorated. rooms are large and comfy. quiet. subway one block away. few minutes by car to access lincoln tunnel. Icon valet parking discount if staying at hotel.

• Traditional Corner King

Corner room on 10th floor has a terrible view of the next door cooling units on the roof and no angle to view street. Staff gave us a compensation and offered to change rooms, but I still don’t like that I paid extra for this room.

Location Parking next door with special rate

The Westin Times Square with its great location, clean facilities and wonderful staff
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Two small things that were an inconvenience; 1. We ordered breakfast, put our request tag up the night before. Breakfast was delivered the next morning, it was great. We would have loved to do it again, it saved us a stop in the morning before heading out to shop, work, etc. but we never got another room service tag in the room. I even left a note in the room asking housekeeping to leave another one for us. 2. Laundry bag and slips- we stayed for 6 days, 5 nights in total. We had two separate reservations. We wanted to get some clothes washed and pressed. Our room had no laundry bags or laundry slips. We called down the night before. No bags were dropped off. Had to call down again in the morning for bags and slips to be dropped off. They were dropped off at 8:30am. The laundry service then came back to pick up at 9:00am for our same day laundry order. Both of these are minor issues and didn’t make our stay any less enjoyable. I am not a complainer and it bothers me to have to call down and ask guest services for things. I didn’t want housekeeping to get into trouble for not restocking the laundry bag and slip and putting out new breakfast request tags.

It was a wonderful experience. All of it! The location and all the extras took so much pressure off of us. It made our trip that much better. We looked forward to coming back each evening to a made up room, clean, warm and welcoming lobby and attentive staff.

Average
    • Traditional King Room

Staff was rude and apparently think they are doing people a favor... sure, for $900 for 2 nights. When I booked the hotel one of the benefits was late checkout due to my geniuses status with booking, when I asked they mentioned that I had booked through a third party and that they didn’t honor third party benefits, I called Booking.com and after talking to a representative they told me mostly the same, but that the front desk would let me checkout an hour later... I checked out 2 hours prior to the regular checkout time

I liked the location and the corner room view which was amazing, room is clean and comfy

Needed more time as they changed our fly to later time and...
    • Traditional King Room

Smoking outside the building but then again it’s NY.

Needed more time as they changed our fly to later time and our check out was moved to 2:00 pm with no questions asked. The customer service is excellent!

Great location and staff.

Buffet breakfast was good but EXTREMELY expensive!

Great location and staff. Updated good sized, clean room and very nice, new bathroom. I will gladly stay there again. Very comfortable king bed.

Superb.
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was in dark colors and only 2 lamps and one overhead at door, so was a little too dark. Would do with another lamp or larger one at desk instead of pinpoint desk lamp I think. Tho large window and large wall mirror helped.

I’m handicapped and the staff went beyond expectations in assistance with wheelchair to get around and get taxis! Made the trip possible for me, and a joy for the friendliness esp. of Security who assisted with mobility and Roger who got cabs for me even tho going short distances. Accessible bathroom super! Room spacious. Lunch in house restaurant also very good tho expensive, I ate there while waiting for room to be ready and they sent the Security with wheelchair to me ASAP! Great service.

Nice.
    • Traditional King Room

Somebody else’s room tray left outside out door the entire first day. So you could smell what they had each time you exited your room.

Bed was amazing,

I thought the extra daily charge for 'food' and...
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

I thought the extra daily charge for 'food' and laundry was not necessary.........this surprise charge is not good.....just charge more for the room.

Great Experience

The only negative in my mind was the cost of the hotel. . . pretty Pricey. Also, Wish they'd give complimentary bottled water to use with the in-room coffee maker.

The Staff was Top Notch! Not sure if we had the "Heavenly Bed", but it was Very Comfy! We were on the 37th floor and had a Great view of the Empire State Building among other cool sights. The room itself and all of the public areas were very clean and tidy. The reception and especially the luggage staff were Excellent and well organized.

Couldn’t get a better deal so close to the city, everything was fantastic.
    • Traditional King Room

The only slight inconvenience was the public women’s room was a littler messier than it should be.

We were able to check in extremely early without requesting it, everything was extremely close and accessible. Excellent amenities and the complimentary services were a nice added touch and the fact our bags were held for us after check out was the icing on the cake. Will definitely be coming back

The mandatory destination fee can be used toward food or...
    • Traditional King Room

I booked a traditional King room. When I arrived they told me I would be getting a double Queen room. When I inquired they said reservations on Booking.com are not guaranteed to be exactly what you booked, but that this room was on a higher floor.

The mandatory destination fee can be used toward food or drinks at the hotel.

Everything was great.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

They tried charging me $187 for going to foundry bar when I never even went there. I am upset at how defensive the staff had gotten with me when I said I never went.

Everything was great. The room was clean along with the bathroom. The bed was comfy and our room had a great city view. I would definitely go again.

Good but could have been better
    • Traditional King Room

Location on picture shows it in the main Times Square road but it’s on the side Rooms quite dated No Nutella at breakfast! Staff on phone when ordering food not friendly Have to pay for a higher floor..

High floor

Hotel is in a fantastic location and has lots of facilities, although a few minor issues.
    • Traditional King Room

Had issues with the automatic withdrawl of large sums of money without our consent. It was blamed on the 'system' used by the hotel, this however presented a damper at the beginning of the trip as it was during the holidays and having that money sent back took a longer period of time. Also i received food poisoning from the restaurant connected and ran by the hotel. This was dealt with by staff by way of refund for my meal which was handled correctly.

Great location, lots of facilities in the hotel, great recommendations from the concierge.

Disappointed
    • Traditional King Room

Breakfast room is a joke. Had to queue for 30 minutes and the price is very high for a very basic breakfast. Also the AC unit in the room was very noisy

Good room, good bed. Good location.

Dissatisfied from the room satisfied from the view.
    • Traditional King Room

We reached the hotel at 00:00 at night on the 25th actor 11 hours of trip with two children. The room was already paid and although we had a confirmation from the hotel of receiving the payment the couldn't find it so they had to charge our card fro an amount of 5.500$ approximately so we couldn't use it for our shopping... Then after that we went to the room where the heating wasn't working with outside temperature minus10...so it was freezing cold and had to wait for almost an hour to fix this. The children bed wasn't fixed so we had to ask for room service to bring bedsheets and fix the bed but they just dropped the bedsheets and left so we had to fix the beds on our own... Except from that...the cleaning wasnt sufficient...the bathroom shower was full of mold...they forgot to bring new towels every day and the carpet was very dirty...the heating had to be fixed once more during our stay...

The view only

Location great. Hotel nice. Wonderful vacation.
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

We found a dirty sock hidden behind the curtain as soon as we arrived. We were told we could check in early if we wanted to up grade to a larger room for an extra $25/night. However, the room was not any larger than what I booked. We had a small tear in our fitted sheet. We had to search for the tv remote control (hidden between the night stand and bed with the back off of it). The on-site restaurant was too expensive.

The beds were very nice; we all sleep well and were surprised we couldn't hear the taxi cabs honking. The concierge were very helpful as well as the info they provided. We were pleased we were able to store our luggage after checkout. Prompt cleaning service and very friendly. Great location!

Awesome

The wifi was only for 24 hours & we where there for 4 days. I had to reconnect after the 24 hours. They should just give it to their customers for free no matter how long they stay.

Great hotel & great location

We were able to check in early and check out later.
    • Traditional King Room

When we check in we upgraded our room, when we checked out it was going to be more than what we were told. We spoke to a supervisor and they did adjust the amount due but was still more than what we're told at check in.

We were able to check in early and check out later. Hotel was beautiful inside and met several other nice guest

Good stay good location
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Handicap accessible was only 50% working during our stay. The door to the outside was broken 50% of the time during our stay. Had a wheel chair

Poor
    • Traditional King Room

Room service was terrible. Bathroom was not cleaned well enough.

It’s a Westin....normally my go to hotel since I am an SPG member and I have stayed at this hotel before.

It was stuipd expensive for their breakfast which was...
    • Traditional King Room

It was stuipd expensive for their breakfast which was supposed to be delivered to our room at a certain time but we had to call and ask where our food was then we got it and it was freezing cold AND the food was disgusting then they had the nerve to charge me 90$ for that i was very unhappy. Other then that the room was nice and the view was okay , even though i would def expect more from a 400$ room .

Loved it. I would go back.
    • Family Grand Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds

I loved the room, but the only thing I would suggest is to add an option for some brighter light in the room.

Being right in Times Square, I feared it would be noisy, but it was peaceful and the room was spacious. Also, access to the subway was right out the door, and we walked to all of the shows, which were all just a block or two away.

Great hotel though and will definitely book with the Westin again .. just not through Booking.com
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

I requested through Booking.com an early and late check in and received an email from Booking.com that it was not available but when I arrived at the Westin and requested it personally they were happy to accommodate me. I also found a cheaper rate on Priceline and called to see about switching my reservation to a non refundable rate so that I could get the matching rate. After much deliberation I was told Booking.com would match it. When I called back a couple of days later to confirm and the Booking.com representative read through my notes he told me the hotel would have to agree and they would get back to me... of course I received another email saying that was not possible to match the rate. So moral of the story is next time I will book directly with the hotel.

Great location to visit time square area
    • Traditional King Room

I did not feel or see the 5 stars facility details. It seams Dubai set the standard to high for every one to compete. It could be the facility is over used by residents with no intention to bring it back to 5 stars level from hotel management.

Location location location just perfect if you’re goal is to visit time square area. One of the best hotels beds so comfy.

Would consider as a strong contender if visiting NYC again
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Not the fault of the hotel but transfer from JFK took almost 2 hours due only to the closure of all but one lane on tunnel access to Manhatten

Easy swift check in. Fantastic staff. Large rooms. Very very comfortable beds.

Good location, some effort should be made to stop people begging at the corner of the hotel we were
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

pillows very uncomfortable, would have liked a proper door to the bathroom. Would have been helpful to have been given some information on facilities at the hotel.

Overall, was satisfied. With a few adjustments, would return next year & beyond.
    • Traditional King Room

No response from Concierge on voicemail for tickets to Waitress & Dear Evan Hansen. Placed multiple calls to Concierge regarding tickets, with no answer. Customers rely on Concierge service and no response to voicemail is unacceptable. Room service outrageously expensive and associated restaurant much too expensive. Dirty dishes & empty leftover containers were not removed by cleaning/maid service. No microwave No refrigerator for leftovers (Westin suggested requesting an EMPTY fridge for room for leftovers)

Location to Broadway musicals and Times Square. Allowed early check in within 3-4 hours after initial request & sent text that a room was available--very important & appreciated after red-eye flight. VERY impressed with front desk & accommodating early check-in. FRONT DESK = MOST EXCELLENT during entire stay. Only one doorman especially helpful with taxis (usually works day shift); another doorman was less helpful.

Will not stay at this property. So many similar level of properties to choose from in the neighboorh
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff - the female duty manager not deserved that position! her staff did better job than she did. She showed no smile at all when guests approached her, even when she did check-in for us. Overall, the staff were not as friendly as the staff at InterContinental Time Square House Keeping - we tipped $3 per day during our 4 nights of stay at the Westin, and requested to change bed sheet. They never changed it during our 4 nights of staying! Old building that the bath room water flows and toilet flush were not working properly.

Excellent Location!

• Traditional King Room

Everything from the room which we had to change to the breakfast. I've had better breakfast while flying coach. The staff didn't make it easy to forgive all this. When I asked to switch my room, the front desk manager told me I would be switched to a noisy room close to the elevator. I insisted and the room wasn't anywhere close. It's really infuriating when the staff lie to your face so clearly. It has tarnished the Westin name for us as we are extremely unlikely to stay in another Westin hotel.

Great location, let down by really awful room service!
    • Traditional King Room

The maid service was really poor. She left the ironing board up in the room and also left the dinner from the night before in the room when she cleaned the room!

Bed was comfy and the area is excellent for tourists

Great stay - very close to theatre we attended, easy and good price to stay in a very nice accomodat
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Loud guests in hall and in room next door after midnight & into the night - could even hear what they were talking about

Location, security, quality, price, service

Location was good with a lot of transport options close by.
    • Traditional King Room

It took an hour to get extra pillows and house keeping did not leave wash cloths the second day and did not replenish toiletries. It took 3 calls today the front desk to get the washcloths and over an hour. Very inconvenient when waiting to shower and go to bed.

Location was good with a lot of transport options close by.

Perfect little Oasis. The room was delightful

Everything was great except for that one staff member that woke me up out my sleep twice

Everything was perfect except for the fact that I was woken up twice out of my sleep because a staff member knocked on the wrong room .she did it early in the morning and then when I went back to sleep she knocked on the door again which was kind of annoying. I would hope next time she make sure she's knocking on the right door because I wanted to sleep in but overall everything was great.

My stay was memorable and I will recommend this hotel.
    • Traditional King Room

I called the concierge in advance of my trip. I got a recording with voicemail that they would call back. They didn't. Also I kept having phone problems.

the room was spectacular. Kudos to housekeeping. concierge was very helpful.

Caveat emptor!
    • Traditional King Room

Buyer beware! There is a hidden resort fee of$25 per night added at the time of checkout! This supposedly comes with benefits, but they don’t explain them in advance so that you can’t take advantage of them. Keep this in mind when price comparing your NYC hotel options.

Nice gym; luxurious soft pillows.

The hotel was in a great location, with very nice rooms and staff.
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Not a fan of NYC but, really enjoyed our 2 days there.

We have a niece that works in mid-town and wanted to be close to meeting her. Times Square is crazy w/ people and cabs. Liked that our hotel was one block off Broadway and easy to walk to/Theatres.

The worst hotel that you can imagine !
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The worst hotel that you can imagine ! The rooms are not clean...forget to put basic stuff like toilet paper and water...The cleaning women opens the room on a regular basis even if there is a sign - do not disturb. The manager of the hotel is talking to guests like someone that is working in the mafia industry and not like someone that is working in the service provider industry ! I recommend not to book here - ever

Overall great experience. Professional staff at Westin and enjoyed the clean modern surroundings.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Issues with the linens but was accommodated by a most professional manager. I will return to the Westin. Keep in mind there are more than one Westin in Manhattan. Our cab driver took us to a different one and we thought we were at our hotel. We had to wait unnecessarily then realized we were at a different one and left.

Very clean and spacious room for new york. Nice hotel and modern. Foundry restaurant had excellent food.

Bed was extremely comfy.
    • Traditional King Room

No wifi in the rooms or you are charged which wasn't ideal since paying so much to stay there. Had to go down to lobby to plan everything with wifi.

Bed was extremely comfy. Tv channels were fantastic. Huge variety.

Beds were extremely comfortable, rooms were clean.
    • Traditional King Room

Long story short...we were quoted one price from booking.com to having to pay nearly 240 dollars extra on our arrival...definitely have your facts before you deal with this hotel...everything down to breakfast they tried to double charge us...They blamed it all on taxes...After paying 1, 450 for 3 nights, you would image that should include taxes...Going back to New York next year, if it was the last place wouldnt stay there...

Beds were extremely comfortable, rooms were clean.