Reviews of The Resort on Mount Charleston 3 stars

2275 Kyle Canyon Rd, Mount Charleston, NV 89124, USA

#1 of 1 hotels in Mount Charleston

Many updates and improvements are needed, but it was a welcome retreat from fireworks.
    • Standard King Room

See above. Also the grounds could be amazing with the gorgeous views, but are overrun with weeds, etc. What happened to the ducks? That is not my idea of a gift shop, whether open or not, which it never was.

The staff was very friendly and tried to be accommodating whenever possible. We had to change rooms as we didn't know that there is no elevator and my husband can't walk up and down stairs repeatedly. The new room was passable, as was the first, but the air conditioner wasn't working. It was repaired the next day. The bar was closed and "The Bistro" never had any soda. Ice cream or snacks for sale, but did have empty coolers instead. As we had our dog with us we were able to order from the restaurant and ate in the lobby or the patio. The food was delicious. However we weren't able to get orange juice for breakfast, which seemed odd. Also no pastries or muffins were available.

Totally disappointed, and wish I was advised of they’re lack of bar before my arrival
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony

The place looked like it was from the 70’s, it was like I was walking back into time. The landscape clearly hadn’t been taken care of in a long time and the restaurant closed at 8:30 pm. the little place u could buy snack was completely empty and the gift shop was closed the bar was closed and I couldn’t even walk in there to take in the view ... the rooms were small and dingy and the toilet made a whining noise for several minutes after you flushed it the ac unit is in the wall next to the deck so if u go on a deck the Ac is blasting u with hot air and after all that I got charged a resort fee .. for what they’re we’re no resort features

Amazing location beautiful views

• Standard King Room

Air conditioning would reset by itself every two hours making it hot. Dogs in the room next to us barking. Dirty windows that you couldn't see clearly out of. Literally 4 drinks in the fridge in their "store". Place was absolutely terrible.

Short getaway after a week of work in Vegas. So easy to get to without hours of driving.
    • Standard Queen Room

The place is run-down, the room is fairly small - so might be less comfy for a larger group. Renovation is on the way though, so I hear, so could be looking great soon.

Great location - Easy to deal with. Friendly staff.

Relaxing, beautiful location, friendly staff
    • King Room with Balcony

The web site states that room service is available for breakfast, which it is not. Also, they did not have a maintenance person on duty at 4pm check in. I only had one working light in my room and no one to fix the other.

Though minimally staffed, the staff there would bend over backwards to accommodate my needs. The rooms are clean but in dire need of renovation. The same could be said really, of the entire resort.

We enjoyed our short stay and plan on returning to do some hiking in the area and enjoy the characte
    • Standard King Room

Food service was slow and there were a couple of errors with the order. No staff at the desk at check in took about 10 minutes to locate someone. Should put a sign up when staff are otherwise occupied. It would be nice to have a sign directing peple to the front door which is not immediately identifiable. It looks good but not identified. Also there is a fire hydrant in the middle of the drive. It should be moved to the side for safety reasons.

The facility has a lot of character and feels comfortable. New owners are taking over and I expect there will be some major upgrades in the coming year especially to the rooms. They also pla to renovate the dining room and add a new outside deck to the bar area.

Good place and hotel style but disgusting room.
    • Standard King Room

The rooms are too old and look disgusting and I really hate the Bathroom. They provide nothing in the room like coffee or hot water.

The place on the mountain is great. That's all. The old fashion style of the hotel is cool.

Impressive satellite TV channel selection.
    • Standard King Room

The room looked as though the building were collapsing on itself, with the main wall leaning and the floor uneven.

My arrival at check-in was effortless and friendly.

Disappointing.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony

The rooms were dated, but they were clean (as clean as they could be with worn out carpet, drapes and outdated furniture.). The beds were comfortable. WiFi was sketchy to nonexistent. Nothing much to do with small children. Then there is the restaurant, dirty, poor service, pricy BAD AWFUL food... $63 for a fatty, cold chicken sandwich (even though we waited an hour) with a small handful of fries, small chef salad with wilted lettuce, two children’s Mac and Cheese (cheese sauce tasted like flour) and a hamburger, we had one soda. The waitress was rude. Needless to say we drove the 20 miles back into town to eat and stocked our cooler with fruit and snacks the rest of our stay. We were there two nights. No coffe pots, microwaves or mini fridges in the rooms. Also, walls and ceilings paper thin, we had jumpers above us until at least 2 in the morning. I expected rustic, but I expected rustic cozy comfortable. If I was younger and a hiker I would probably love this place.

The location is set in the national park. Scenic views, good for hiking, camping and site seeing. Absolutely beautiful location. The desk staff was great! Easy drive up.

4.0
    You get what you pay for...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony

Breezy room, Manager said have to deal with it. Wait for any amenities to the stay. Noisy in rooms and halls.

Beautiful setting in mountains. Peaceful and serene.

If you are looking for a serene location away from the...
    • Standard King Room

Bathroom tile looked dirty, property needs to be updated.

If you are looking for a serene location away from the lights of Vegas, this is the place to come. The property is aged but comfortable.

Disappointed
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony

They nickel and dime you to death!! No Kleenex were available, no coffee in the rooms, everything said there was a hot tub, guess what no, hot tub!! Staff in bar and dining areas were rude, slow and really didn't seem to care.

The location is fantastic!!!!

The only thing I enjoyed was the bed and the covers.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony

It needs to be up dated! There’s were no elevators. The stairs looked like they were at least 50 years old. They games all around was a bit tacky. It’s a “resort” but it’s not! U pay resort fees yet the hotel is really run down. The pictures are very deceiving! The balcony was small and I thought I was going to fall down if I stepped outside. I will NEVER stay here again. Definitely not a place for kids. I thought we were going to fall down through the floor.

The only thing I enjoyed was the bed and the covers. The food that they have downstairs is alright.

It looks good for just sleeping but not for a family occasion not a place I would bring my kids in t
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony

The picture showed a nicer picture than it was no elevators and the steps look like they were about 100 years old the walls are super thin and the balcony was shown like it was a luxury balcony but it actually was small we were overcharged at the end and had to dispute the charge which was a hassle as well

The View was beautiful the staff that was there when we got there was extremely nice

LOVED EVERYTHING EXCEPT NO ELEVATOR
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony

NO ELEVATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

everything, except

4.5
    disappointing
    • Standard King Room

The restaurant closed early, and the bistro offered little variety. No rooms available for smokers and there was a disturbance in the lobby. No instructions for the tv and room service mot available

Would stay again but as a last resort.
    • Standard King Room

The rooms are fairly run down and in need of updating as well as repairs. Not sure why they charge resort fees when there are no resort amenities.

The view was nice and the burgers are tasty. The staff were very nice and personable.

Although it’s not the Sheraton,it’s cozy and staff was friendly and helpful
    • Standard King Room

Rooms were a bit smaller than I expected. Bathrooms small. Seeing games in the hallway and lobby was really cheesy and looks bad.

It’s cozy, I like the rustic lodge decor. The check in and out experience were flawless and everyone was very friendly and cooperative and efficient. The TV access and Chanel selection was great and easy to use.

Terrible stay
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony

I had to chase the staff down several times, they didn't have my room I reserved, gave me a terrible porta bed I couldn't sleep on, no anything in the kitchenate.

Christmas not the day to come or stay here.
    • King Room with Balcony

Lobby was crowded with people that were not staying at the hotel the loud video games unfortunately were scattered throughout the lobby made for much chaos in what should have been a peaceful atmosphere...many people just lurking about and children loitering on stairs. Only available food was a buffet that had pathetic little choice when we finally got to it... ....no food service in bar or anywhere to grab a snack or burger except at gift shop with a 15 minute line and best thing available was a slim Jim and Fritos ... also...vending machines by the rooms were nearly empty as well. When we finally got buffet it was pretty bad for $32 each ... and I think we got a bit of salmonella from the food that was sitting out without proper heating. Restaurant was still not cleaned up from the Christmas buffet the next day crumbs on the floor and some food still on the buffet table However breakfast was tasty and served quickly.

Cozy room nice view cute balcony ! Great TV choices and temperature control! Nice Bar good drinks and Bar top poker with great staff and nice view ! Comfy Bed with clean sheets room was very clean! A sweet maid brought us bottled water and an extra blanket ! Nice Staff all over hotel especially since this was on Christmas Day !

It was pleasant enough, but we will probably not choose this resort for a second time.
    • Standard King Room

There was no elevator for the second floor, where we stayed, and we had to carry everything upstairs without help. There missed not having a fridge or microwave, and the internet did not work in our room that was at the end of the hall.

The food was fairly good, and there were a couple of children's choices for our little granddaughter. They did accommodate our need for two beds rather than one so we could have her stay with us.

4.0
    Want to be back
    • Standard King Room

Watching the bartender get drunk with the people at the bar. She was so drunk she had to spend the night at the hotel

Attended a wedding over the weekend extremely disappointed to be charged for hotel accommodations there was going Internet no coffee pot no microwave had medication that needed to be refrigerated I had babies that required food to be warmed up I had people trying to get of hold of me and no phone service. I feel we were overcharged for just sleeping in the building .

Spend every minute outdoors
    • Standard King Room

It was ludicrous to pay a “resort” fee to stay here. This place doesn’t even provide hair dryers or laundry facilities. There is absolutely nothing about this hotel that has the vaguest similarity to a resort. Motel Six is a resort compared to the Mount Charleston “Resort”. The entire hotel is shabby, dirty despite the best efforts of the staff minus one. Hot water is not hot. We came here to hike. It’s our third trip. The first two times we stayed at the Mount Charleston Cabins. Now, that Is a resort with jacuzzi and a top notch restaurant Mount Charleston Lodge. If you can afford the cabins..stay there. However, if you are only on the mountains to hike or ski and hot soak baths muchless a whirlpool mean nothing to you...stay at the hotel. But, not expect anything but clean sheets, small rooms and showers & bring a six foot extension cord...the hotel was built in the mid-eighties so it isn’t device charging friendly. If you’re allergic to dust or pet dander (pets are allowed everywhere including rooms and public areas) STAY AT THE CABINS! The owners of this hotel virtually scream: We don’t care about you or your comfort and we don’t even pretend we do. This hotel is in shameless condition. It’s owners ought to be ashamed because whatever money they think they’re saving by negligence will bite them in the ass in profit....

Whomever owns this property must be the most penny wise / pound foolish hotel owners on the planet. Rather than hiring adequate staff...they run their few employees ragged. Amazingly, almost all staff with the exception but one bartender were pleasant. This bartender came out to the lobby to take away a glass she had given me in the bar..she took my glass, poured the drink into a plastic cup then explained to my shocked self...she only had three clean glasses and couldn’t take the chance that I’d abscond with it. Normally, bartenders are so intrusive and rude. Evidently lost cocktail glasses must come out of her salary and she is the stupidest bartender as I took the price of the glass she took out of HER tip!

Lovely location, rare for Vegas. Hotel itself is filthy.
    • King Room with Balcony

It was extremely dirty, carpeting all over the hotel and stairways were decades old. They did not have our reservation from booking.com but did find us a room anyway. Am confident that the mistake was through the hotel front desk and not the fault of booking.com

The location, quiet nature surroundings

Nice getaway 30mn away from Vegas
    • Standard King Room

A nice hotel in the mountain, 30 minutes away from Vegas. The hotel is really cosy and the lobby is amazing ! The food at the restaurant was really good

Staff were helpful and friendly - just not many of them.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony

The room was too warm, even with the aircon on it took a while to cool down

Staff were helpful and friendly - just not many of them. Food at restaurant was average.

Liked only the location.
    • Standard King Room

There were no facilities near by, except the resaurant in the lodge. Most everything. The pics don't accurately depict the current state the place is in; it's very worn out looking.

Liked only the location. The front walk was littered with duck poop, only washed off once per day. The carpets were stained. Everything was dirty and dusty. Musty smelling.

Relaxing and better then camping in a tent will be back
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony

Hallway on third floor has dripping on painting looked haunted lol in the Hallway

I think should build something newer but it was ok enjoyed ourselves on my Birthday

it was nice.
    • King Room with Balcony

The property was not clean (outside) trash cans were full. outside of property not maintained well.

I liked the location. Great views of the mountains. Staff was very pleasant and friendly.

We will not be staying there again.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony

Three flights of stairs to carry up a ton of luggage...we were there for a wedding up the hill the next day and no elevator. No bellhop to help with luggage. The room was old and unclean and very cramped. Reservations for one member of our party were missing. It took an enormous amount of time to straighten that out, even with a confirmation code.Turnoff for property hard to see at night.

The mountain area and views.

Very nice and cozy hotel with warm atmosphere inside and...
    • Standard King Room

Very dirty windows in the room and cafe and restaurant!

Very nice and cozy hotel with warm atmosphere inside and outside! Great place to take a break from Vegas heat in summer time! Very good location!

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Hope to make a night here an annual tradition!
    • Standard King Room

That we didn't plan to stay there longer!!

Since we had just one night there, we wanted to make the most of our time. We asked the desk clerk for directions and input into a doable, favorite hike if we only got to do one and we were not disappointed. We loved it!!! My soul was full after a great hike in cooler Las Vegas area weather. People on the trails were friendly and the food back at the restaurant and drinks at the bar were amazing:) We loved the decor and will make a stay here a tradition at least one night when we go to Vegas! Although the cashier in the little shop was about to close, she went out of her way so we could get waters for our hike. Really appreciated that too!

Its a nice place to stay but it could use touch ups as well lower cost per night.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony

Overpriced. No microwave and no refrigerator in the room. The electronic card reader in their store doesn't read at times and get extra charged using the atm.

Location and the room is nice but for the price id say $69 to $59 a night instead it would be great.

Don't recommend only if you don't have a tent or motorhome or camper .

Coffe

Management is passive towards all the defecient amenities . And they didn't price match straight forward with coupons available to all . Was not worth the stay and I'm a local in area . No sense of asking for change I see in the past remarks on different site . Bull doze the place and start over .

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Weekend getaway with some hiking.
    • Standard King Room

The wi-fi was atrocious, and you'll be lucky to get a mobile phone signal. I don't imagine this will be an issue for many people. Especially if you're looking for a weekend away. My wife didn't seem to have any issues with it. But I brought my laptop to at least watch Netflix at night, and avoid the hotel cable.

Location was good. Staff was friendly. Both the Restaurant and the Bar were much better than I anticipated. The restaurant was a bit more expensive than I was anticipating, but the food is pretty phenomenal.

Quaint Lodge outside of the city
    • Standard King Room

I felt sorry for the poor girl that seemed to be running the restaurant herself. She was hosting, waiting, and I'm pretty sure also cooking. Seeing as how we were not seated for 30 minutes, we decided to go into town to get breakfast.

Booking.com somehow did not submit our reservation to the actual hotel so they had no record of us coming. Luckily, there was vacancy and the amazing staff hooked us up with a huge room, honoring the price from our confirmation. It is a great location, and we will be back!

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Reza from Las Vegas
    • Standard King Room

I didn't like it very old and no elevator my wife she's pregnant, it is hard for elderly people no option for handicaps .not much op

I like location very relaxing

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Do NOT stay at this "resort"
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony

They couldn't find my reservation and said it was because of bookings.com but really they just hadn't read their email. The little heater didn't work and we were in the middle of a blizzard. Staff was rude. There was 1 plastic cup and a really cheap bar of soap and cheap shampoo. Bed and bedding were old and very uncomfortable. I paid $200+ for one night when I wouldn't have paid $30 for the same room/service in the Las Vegas valley. We were going to stay 2 nights but left after 1. I understand they have no control over the weather nor are they associated with Lee Canyon and the ski resort, but there's something called customer service and most people expect some sort of concierge at hotels that know the area. I will never recommend this "resort". Crazy thing was that I was planning to spend $500-$700 for a fun weekend with my kids, but the little cafe didn't have more than some snickers bars and single serve cereal cups (not to mention the woman working at the cafe made me feel like I was at the DMV.)

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

SAVE YOUR MONEY
    • Standard Queen Room

Dirty...hallways, dining room, lobby, inside rooms were ok, but wires for tv hanging, constantly running toilet, tv could not be turned off, open service rooms in hallway, gross sofa with holes in it, in lobby, windows throughout filthy, blocking the amazing views...RIP OFF RESORT FEES...what resort, NO WIFI( worked less than 10% of time at EXTREMELY SLOW SPEED, when it worked at all...NO POOL, NO JACUZZI, NO GYM= so where do they get off charging a resort fee, not a resort, nor anything included in the 11.95 fee... PLUS, not adjacent to SKI RESORT, wrong valley!!! Need to drive 30 minutes to next valley! No cell phone reception

Beautiful views and decent restaurant... Great Dish TV CHANNELS.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Pleasant, but needs some improvements
    • Standard King Room

I would have liked a Coffee machine,and an alarm clock in the room. That would have made the trip way better. Also, they need someone in the cafe all the time, plus they should sell a lot more in the cafe/store. Also, we were up half of the night because of the people above us. We recommend an upper floor stay.

The staff was awesome, the location was great, the food at the restaurant was fantastic. The bar was fun and had a good variety of drinks.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Booking.com iOS mobile app is flaky; cancelled my reservation; beware weary travelers!
    • Standard King Room

While the Mt. Charleston staff did give me a room despite my cancelled (or "unfindable") Booking.com reservation and honored my Booking.com prince, one of the heaters in the room did not work. Staff ignored three request to fix the heater. Finally, I made staff provide me a space heater as it was below freezing on the mountain and cold in the room. This was NOT an ideal first Booking.com experience for me...

Due to the remote location off the Vegas strip and in the mountains, the hotel had staffing problems. Also, the hotel LOST my Booking.com booking, so that delayed my checkin by 1 hour due to hero cellular connectivity in the mountains and nearly totally unavailable WiFi that prohibited me from accessing my Booking.com info on the Web/app. PLEASE READ THIS: the Booking.com mobile app actually displayed my Vegas trip and my upcoming Barcelona trips as "cancelled" the day of my arrival into Vegas at this property. Unfortunately, I did not take a screenshot, and two days later when I checked the app in downtown Vegas, the app showed my reservations as active. I called customer service, and they verified that my bookings were active/not cancelled. At this point, I am very unsure that my Barcelona booking in Feb/Mar will be honored at checkin. This concerns me, and I may cancel that booking and source it on another provider (Expedia).

This hotel desperately needs a remodel.
    • Standard King Room

The walls are VERY thin. The hotel is on a slant. Our room was at a 20+ degree slant w/the headboard of bed lower than our feet. Dont get room 201. Directly acroos from housekeeping who is loud & next to video games & stairs (unless u have or like loud kids). Very under staffed for New Years! Dinner so over seasoned we couldnt eat our steaks and dinner was extremely over priced.

Two servers were outstanding. Names slipped my mind just now. Both female (1 day & 1 night and not the hispanic one).

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Nice Change of Pace for a Holiday Weekend
    • Standard King Room

This is an older property that has been renovated but shows its age. TV didn't work. The basketball arcade game in the lobby made a lot of noise and we had to move to a lesser room upstairs. This was around 11 PM.

Convenient location near my son's home in northwest Las Vegas. Price was competitive with other hotels on Thanksgiving weekend. Bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

The customer service hospitality
    • King Room with Balcony

The fact that they did not let me know I had to put down a $200 deposit to stay there and I was unaware of it and they never told me that so I was a little surprised it was a little pricey I think you should redo that

The customer service hospitality

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

The lobby and the front desk staff were friendly.
    • Standard King Room

I really don't like to write a bad review, but we were very disappointed with the restaurant. When we checked into the hotel we were told they were sold out and if we were interested in eating at the restaurant we should make a reservation. So after we checked in we walked to the restaurant and made a 6:30 reservation after being told 6:00 wasn't available. We sat in the bar for about an hour beforehand and had a couple drinks and then went to the restaurant at 6:20. The restaurant has about 20 tables and maybe half were full, I think there were three servers that night, yet it took about 10 minutes to even get acknowledged by the hostess/waitress who seated us. We sat at the table for another 10 minutes and decided to leave because our server did not even come over to see if we wanted something to drink. We wouldn't have minded waiting if our server acknowledged us and took our drink order. We were going to get a bottle of wine to enjoy while waiting, however we were very disappointed. We decided to go to another restaurant on the mountain instead.

The lobby and the front desk staff were friendly.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Very nice quit location close to Las Vegas in a beautiful...
    • Standard King Room

The service in the restaurant was very poor and it was very cold in the morning during breakfast

Very nice quit location close to Las Vegas in a beautiful mountain environment.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

My suggestion is to eat at the resort up the street, they...
    • Standard Queen Room

My suggestion is to eat at the resort up the street, they are running a skeleton crew in the restaurant...there isn't even a busboy to pick up and wash the dishes!!!. The wait staff do everything but cook the food. Bad deal.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

Location and weather were beautiful.
    • Standard King Room

Our fireplace didn't work. Even though we mad reservations for dinner we had to wait 45 mins:(

Location and weather were beautiful. The staff was very nice

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Nice atmosphere, interesting design.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony

There is no elevator - we were in 3rd floor. Super slow staff during the dinner, we were waiting more than 40 minutes for wine. Rooms are kind of cold.

Nice atmosphere, interesting design.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Great weekend in Mt. Charleston. Enjoyed the hotel.
    • King Room with Balcony

No elevator hard to get to 3rd floor.also hotel is advertised as a resort but there are no amenities offered even though you pay a resort fee.

Good food in dining room . I loved the steamed seasonal vegetables.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

Happy and Sad all at the same time! Please someone rescue this place!
    • Standard King Room

The place which was once booming and the place to be. Is now run down showing it's age. In need of major repair. The beds are just fine but the rest is dated and falling apart.Under staffed those working there were great but frustrated with questions being asked alot about why things don't work.Trying to fix it really needing a on call maintenance man.

The History which isn't shown unless you search for photos online. Great food inside the restaurant.Sounds of water from the pond fish and baby ducklings.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

This is NO mountain get away, retreat , resort or adventure.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony

The staff was rude, the hotel was dirty, hot, many maintenance issues, the place was completely mismanaged and not maintained. The beds are rock hard, pillows are thin as wafers, the whole place is dirty and not maintained. The staff was rude, completely unprofessional and poor hygiene.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Make sure you get what you are paying for
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony

Upon checkin they had assigned me to a regular room even though I had paid for a room with a balacony. When I notified them that I had paid for a room with a balcony, they said that they were completely out of rooms with a balcony. So I asked what they could do to remedy the situation. The girl at the front desk said they could give me a free drink. Seriously? As a matter of guest service I shouldn't have had to explain why that was inadequate. While they did ultimately credit the difference for breakfast at their restaurant, when I checked out they hadn't applied the credit so I had to ask that they fix the bill. The gentleman that processed the correction was nice and courteous.

• Reviewed: 29 July 2016

Beautiful location, but chappy customer service and definitely not a resort.

The room looked like it had been spot cleaned and a tip envelope had been left out? Tacky. We went to have dinner, and after being seated, we waited 20 minutes for someone to come by our table. There were only a total of four small groups, but two waitresses. Our order was wrong, there was no communication, and I got my food over 10 minutes after the rest of my party. There was no toilet paper in the bathroom stall, yet staff members were standing around. Told is they would comp our meals after a debate as to whether we felt inclined to pay the gratuity that clearly had not been earned, but we were charged for. They finally got angry and said they would comp our meals, but instead, charged us 3 weeks later. Bad experience all around. Facilities need to be taken care of.

The location and facilities were beautiful.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

Nice and quiet, clean rooms, lovely pond out front and very...
    • Standard King Room

The AC unit was so loud neither of us could sleep well, but we liked our stay overall.

Nice and quiet, clean rooms, lovely pond out front and very close to the hiking trails.

The view
    • Standard King Room

Food was extremely overpriced for the quantity that was served. We didn’t bother to stay for breakfast.

The view

Mt Charleston
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony

crappy mattresses, old/dirty carpet, no elevator, crappy a/c window unit.

great location, nice staff, good price

Staff was extremely apologetic about the fact
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony

Changing of ownership, everything was in flux. Limited bar menu, $4 for a cup of regular coffee.

Staff was extremely apologetic about the fact

If you just need a place to sleep, this will work.

Restaurant Food/Severs, Wifi issues,

Checkin receptionist was warm and friendly, probably the best part of the trip.

Nice getaway near Vegas
    • Standard King Room

The restaurant was slow and the food wasn't that good. The waiter was nice, but they were short-handed.

Quiet, private and great location.

Joke of the place
    • Standard King Room

Not employees for coverage needs of the hotel Restaurant closing in the 8:30?

View of from the bar

Comfortable bed, nice room, friendly staff.
    • Standard King Room

No coffee maker in room.

Comfortable bed, nice room, friendly staff.

It's beautiful great views great food

Very relaxing beautiful hiking

Beautiful

It was very relaxing
    • Standard King Room

No safe, and not enough towels in room.

The waitress was very courteous

Great place to get away without going too far!
    • Standard King Room

We were able to upgrade to a suite and that made the stay much better!!

The frontdesk agent/ LOREN was so friendly and very...
    • Standard King Room

The frontdesk agent/ LOREN was so friendly and very accommodating, very pleasant and helpful

Probably would not stay there again

The cleanliness

Location in the mountains
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Balcony

Bed was below average😌 third floor hard to get to with kids. No elevator

Location in the mountains

Didn’t enjoy it.
    • King Room with Balcony

No elevator. No coffee in room. Dirty carpet made my feet black.

Not much