Reviews of The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, New York 5 stars

Two East 61st Street at 5th Avenue, Upper East Side, New York, NY 10065, USA

#30 of 415 hotels in New York

Pleasant memorable stay and highly recommended for anyone with kids looking to stay near the park.
    • Deluxe King Room with Manhattan View

Incidental expenses were over priced including room service rates on food.

Location was central to all the shopping and attractions. Right in front of Central Park and the zoo.

Central to all ttractions and a great atmosphere to enjoy.
    • Executive King One Bedroom Suite Interior View

Coffee machine in the room with the provision of coffee and milk.

All the Staff were very helpful and welcoming. The food and facilities were excellent and the only criticism was that there was no coffee machine in the room, however, there was coffee provided down stairs in the lobby of a morning. It is very central to all the attractions with a good supply of taxis hailed by the porter. A place I would stay at again without hesitation.

The Finest Hotel in New York

Nothing. Completely Faultless

My family have stayed at some of the finest hotels around the world and this was The Best City Hotel experience we have ever had. Beautiful Property, Fabulous room overlooking Central Park . The highlight though were the staff, nothing was too much trouble, they were all knowledgeable, attentive, immaculately turned out & Friendly. Simply the Best Hotel in New York

Wonderful stay in a great hotel
    • City View King One Bedroom Suite Manhattan View

Great location. Excellent service and friendly staff. We were travelling with a one year old baby and all the staff were great. Will definitely return to this hotel

The staff are all very friendly and helpful.
    • Executive King One Bedroom Suite Interior View

The staff are all very friendly and helpful. The location is perfect. The only criticism was that there is no coffee making facilities in the room but on request this was provided.

Visitors of New York should take into consideration that
    • Superior King Room Interior View

Visitors of New York should take into consideration that - there are 3 different taxes above the price given by booking.com - tips are obligatory, unpleasant agressivity can be experienced by the service providers everywhere and it is not few euros but 20-25% of the price! so at the end it is rather visibly increase of the costs!

Very classy.
    • Superior King Room Interior View

The fact that upon checking in the staff lady sold us an upgrade for 200 dollar. Promised a nice view too. Waste of money. And orange/brown water came once out of the tap in the bathtub.

The details. The Etro soap, shampoo,gel. The little elastic band provided for Iphone charger etc

Absolutely spectacular it ticks all the boxes ⭐️
    • Park View King Room Central Park View

No aircon in the hallway on 37. It was a heatwave!

Wonderful hotel. Beautiful flowers greet you at the entrance. The staff are excellent, so friendly and welcoming. Maurice and Ivette the concierges were so helpful and shared a laugh with us often. Katie the lift attendant gives great hugs. And our room attendant Carol was wonderful. Thank you all. We highly recommend the Pierre. I forgot to mention the location opposite Central Park is exceptional.

Love the location.
    • Superior King Room Interior View

There isn’t anything you can really say negative on the property given all the absolutely amazing things. If I were to think of anything it would be the air conditioning isn’t stellar it’s enough but not super cool but I’m sure that due to the old building and system. This wouldn’t keep us from staying again though.

Love the location. You step out your door to Central Park. The staff is amazing. Room super clean. They have nailed the customer experience from checkin to checkout. My daughter received a stuffed animal at checkin and then cupcakes in room upon arrival won her over immediately. Definitely recommend this location.

Comfort and amazing service in an unbeatable location.
    • Superior King Room Interior View

Our only concern was the outrageous surcharges added to our room service bill - coffee, 2 smoothies and 3 bagels ended up being $100...crazy!

From the moment we arrived, we were treated so nicely - by everyone. Service was outstanding, and our room was very comfortable and large by NY standards.

Excellent location, room was very comfortable and the staff...
    • Deluxe King Room with Manhattan View

We wanted a drink after the theater and walking back, the bar was on last call which seemed unusual for a weekend night.

Excellent location, room was very comfortable and the staff was consistently friendly and helpful. Would highly recommend the hotel and look forward to staying there again.

OK great staff, great location. We will recommend The Pierre Hotel to everyone.
    • City View King Room Manhattan View

We had a suite on the 8th floor I am still wondering why there was a Microwave oven, a fridge and some kitchen cupboards but no other kitchen items e.g. crockery , spoons, knives and forks, kettle or toaster. I think maybe make it a kithen or use the space for something else.

The location is excellent. The value for money is awesome. The food was the best we have had in New York. The staff were great. Special mention for Katy in elevator service a great friendly personality. Isacc in the reception area a truly wonderful guy. Anton in the bar area, first class service and a real pleasure to be able to discuss things with I am sorry I forgot the name of the guy on the door that fronts central park but he also was amazing. All in all a great hotel experience We will back next year and look forward to seeing you all again.

A luxurious hotel in a great location
    • Superior King Room Interior View

The latte with the breakfast was not great, although the rest of the breakfast was good.

Very comfortable beds, quiet, excellent toiletries, little details like face wipes, eyeglass cleaners, etc. Staff very pleasant and helpful.

Beautiful hotel, friendly staff, perfect location

Nothing!!

I loved how the staff were so friendly and willing to help with whatever we needed. The actual hotel itself is beautiful. The room was spacious and I loved how the housekeeping staff sorted out all my jewelry into good order and left me make-up wipes (which I desperately needed but never requested!). Absolutely loved our stay.

My stay was fine.Loved the staff. I might ,however, try THe Baccarat. My friends all stayed there .
    • City View King One Bedroom Suite Manhattan View

I had a suite.The same one that I had the last time I was there. The suite is adequately spacious but needs redecorating.It is dark and unappealing in appearance.

Everyone was extremely nice. Great staff.

The entire staff were excellent.
    • Superior King Room Interior View

Bathroom is very tiny and difficult for two people to operate together. The clothes closet could be used to make it a little larger.

The entire staff were excellent.

good location and value for money except for the breackfast
    • City View Twin Room Manhattan View

the air conditioning was noisy therefore difficult to keep the room temperature having being forced to turn it off, unfortunately the next room keep the television volume to high disturbing an to quietly rest

room was reasonably sized and bed was good and also the view nevertheless the room was not at an high floor has requested

Over-priced average hotel.
    • City View King One Bedroom Suite Manhattan View

Restaurant of an average standard and over-priced. Much better is available closeby. Lacking amenities in the rooms...no tea coffee facilities and room service is very over-priced. Check-in was straight-forward but check-out difficult due to charging and billing issues. In-room fire detection was disabled. General maintenace of rooms is poor. Good showers but water pressure in basin was ver low.

Good location between 5th and Madison Ave. Concierge is very helpful and knowledgeable. Housekeeping is generally good. Door and lift staff are always friendly and helpful.

NYC never again!
    • City View King Room Manhattan View

HVAC didn't work properly. Lights in the bathroom were missed (bulbs). Beds were too soft and too small.

Location was good. The room was quiet. No view!

• Superior King Room Interior View

They could upgrade/enlarge their closets. Our first room was too small so they kindly upgraded us to a room with more wardrobe space.

We had a great room, the heating and water pressure were good, the staff were terrific, the location is very central and was perfect for us, it is a beautiful NYC hotel. We would come back!

It is elegant british and american building style really...
    • Classic King Room Interior View

Little issue the first day but they worked immediately to fix it

It is elegant british and american building style really well kept. I thank all of them for making my daughter ‘s unbirthday amazing!!! The concierges were angels Abraham, Maurice, Sofia, Charlie, and our secret Santa !!! The restaurant’s staff came up with many surprises for her!! Massimo is the best of the best.. without asking he knew what we needed.. an amazing experience . It was my first time in that hotel and I will for sure head back soon .. thank you!!!

for the price it was disappointing
    • Superior King Room Interior View

coffee for one person, and a small orange juice was $46.00. The sheets were average, not the thread count I was hoping for. No bathtub, just a shower stall. Lastly, a LOUD event on the second floor 'till midnight, I was on the 4th floor. Front desk said sorry, nothing they can do.. For $1200.00 plus for a two night stay, I say never again.

Location, friendly staff. Very pretty decor.

Put simply, perfect.
    • Superior King Room Interior View

Because of the holidays, the hotel booked their Restaurant for the day, so we had to eat in the bar witch had a limited menu,. However. The food was delicious, & the bar was very handsome in a mid century modern theme.

The Staff were wonderful . This Hotel has a knack for hiring the nicest people who truly enjoy & understand hospitality. A beautiful , comfortable, place away from home. The location could not be more perfect, a block north overlooking the park makes a difference , better to be on the fringe of the hectic shopping areas, yet easy to walk to the most amazing store's in the world. We stayed for 3 nights, can't wait to return.

Nice property and close to things I wanted to do.
    • Superior King Room Interior View

The carpet was wet in the room and no one escorted me to my room. I brought it to the attention of the hotel and they apologize, up graded the room and included breakfast. We were happy with the results.

Nice property and close to things I wanted to do. I also felt safe.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Excellent location, dated rooms
    • Superior King Room Interior View

Our Deluxe room felt dated (especially the AC which was very noisy), the corridors have that "old" smell and overall the staff are a bit of a hit and miss.

The location is absolutely fantastic. Lovely modern bathrooms, dimmers on all lighting- which I love. The building aesthetic from the outside is glorious.

A pleasant stay
    • Deluxe King Room with Manhattan View

The bathroom was a lovely little thing, all marble, but only had a shower and no tub and was just so small that you had to dance around in order to open the door and not knock your knees against the toilet. The shower was large enough to hold a seat, but didn't. There was a nice grab bar which is helpful for seniors. The view from the room to the left was deplorable, some 'inner view' as they termed it. The other larger window had a "Manhattan View", which means buildings across the street of 61st Str., but sheer curtains were a protective screen. I suppose you have to rent a suite higher up to have a good view.

This is a very nice 'smallish' hotel at a great location with very friendly staff. They and 2 other hotels still have an attendant in the elevator !......even though the elevator is tiny. Bed linens and towels were top quality and the bed very comfortable. They were NOT stingy with supplying you with water bottles. One out of 2 nights they provided the service for turning down the bedcover and placing a towel and slippers at the bedside. The other day they came too early and never returned as asked. Food in the restaurant was very good and waiters very friendly at dinner time, particularly Jesus. At breakfast time there was a different staff and they seemed stressed out, perhaps because of the higher volume of guests. I liked that it was only a short walk from the elevator. We walked around the corner to the Avra Madison restaurant for dinner and only were stopped 1x by a beggar on the way back. Otherwise it seemed a safe area.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

Relax in luxury and comfort.
    • Executive King One Bedroom Suite Interior View

We have stayed at the hotel 3 times now. It's always perfect. Can't say anything bad.

Pure luxury and comfort. Beds are a dream. Staff is fantastic. Always willing to help and extremely friendly.

A great experience
    • Classic King Room Interior View

The room service- the food after midnight was awful.

Our stay at the Pierre was amazing from the start to the last day! The staff were friendly and helpful! The room was big and clean! The food was delicious. I would definitely stay there again.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

The best location in NYC
    • Deluxe King Room with Manhattan View

Is a basic 5 stars hotel. Far from the Taj hotels I visited in others countries. No differences with a Hilton or a Sheraton. Fair but basic.

The best location in NYC

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Pierre = Perfect
    • Park View King Room Central Park View

Newspaper didn't arrive, room didn't have Iron or Board, but they quickly brought it to the room

Room was massive with a gorgeous Central Park view from our bed. Breakfast in bed was amazing! Beautiful hotel, perfect!

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

The location is unbeatable and this is a true 5 star hotel.
    • Superior King Room Interior View

We checked out at noon but did note have a flight til 7pm, so they held the luggage. When we went to get it to make it to the airport on time we had to wait almost 10 minutes for them to bring to the taxi. Otherwise everything was great and the best location for Central Park, 5th Avenue, Carnegie Hall, Lincoln Center etc.

The location is unbeatable and this is a true 5 star hotel. When we checked in we mentioned it was going to be our anniversary the next day and they sent a beautiful cake to our room as a gift. I forgot my travel iron they located it and sent it FedEx to our home.

1st time at the Pierre......We'll be back for sure.
    • Executive King One Bedroom Suite Interior View

Honestly, this hotel is well worth the $$ you pay in NYC. Location is perfect and the hotel is 5 star all the way. The only thing I could suggest is that they upgrade the TV's in the guest rooms to a larger size. You don't find hotels anywhere around the USA where a staff member always accompanies you in the elevator. Nice touch!

Free parking when you own a Range Rover or Jag. Nice!

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Amazing Experience!
    • Classic King Room Interior View

No complaints. Love this place. Will come back for sure.

Second Visit for us. Again, the Staff was amazing. The Room was beautiful and everything about this hotel is on point.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

Wonderful stay in the most popular area in the city.
    • Superior King Room Interior View

The shower water pressure is low. Complementary water should be part of amenities each day at a hotel like Pierre with such high reputation.

The house cleaning was very pleasantly done. My room was upgraded to a higher floor at corner with nice view of the city. The welcome chocolate at the front is delicious. The elevator service was nice.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Not short of an amazing experience.
    • City View King Room Manhattan View

Original room we were put in on Level 17 wasn't ideal, there was noise from the plant room but as soon as we notified them of the issue they resolved within mins by putting us on Level 39. A bad initial experience but professionally resolved within minutes.

One of the best hotels we have stayed in. Service is beyond amazing.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Jewel in NYC
    • Superior King Room Interior View

Love to travel several times a year to NYC for shows, shopping and enjoy staying at different hotels. Best ever by far. Last trip RC Central Park. No comparison to the hospitality, comfort and value. Hands down Pierre blows them away. A+

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

A truly memorable stay at this fabulous hotel
    • Classic King Room Interior View

I cannot think of anything that we did not like. Extending the breakfast until 11:00 would have helped our particular group of 2 moms and 2 teenage daughters maximize our time some days, but that is not a deal breaker.

We liked everything about our experience at the Pierre--the location, the rooms, the friendly & helpful staff, the cleanliness of the rooms and hotel generally--we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this beautiful hotel! Paul also had a birthday treat waiting for my teenage daughter, which was such a nice personal touch.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Classy not fussy

Nothing. This was flawless

Check in and checkout. Same wonderful pleasant person High tea was a sublime experience. The white gloved elevator operators especially the woman with A Caribbean accent Turn down service

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

Best hotel in New York and we will return soon
    • Deluxe King Room with Manhattan View

The staffs are so friendly and upgrade our room for us. We felt so welcome by the Pierre. Room is super clean with care and quiet. We also had lovely message from hotel with drinks and fruits. It's all about service.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

Everything is top notch.
    • Superior King Room Interior View

Everything is top notch. The beds are like clouds and the bathroom is pristine and well appointed. The real differentiator, however, is the staff. From the thoughtful touches at check in and check out to the excellent turndown service, everything is thought of and well executed.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

Very comfortable well kept and well run hotel.
    • City View Twin Room Manhattan View

Would have been nice to provide a courtesy car some times they only have 1 it seems.

Comfortable room well maintained. Friendly staff, welcoming elevator operators which make you feel special. Great location across road from Central Park and easy access to everything. We will defiantly return.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

A fantastic long weekend!
    • City View King Room Manhattan View

The hotel is somewhere I have stayed in the past it has changed hands and is half hotel half condo not so good but it is a transitional period

Location perfect We had problems with our accommodation but they upgraded to a suite free of charge! Very friendly and helpful staff

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Cudnt be better !!
    • Superior King Room Interior View

Everything was superb from location to view from the room to the tasty food and impeccable service!!!!

Beautiful hotel in an excellent location

Beautiful hotel in an excellent location

Wonderful traditional hotel in an amazing location with great customer service
    • City View King One Bedroom Suite Manhattan View

No pool and hotel a little outdated

Customer service was excellent. All the employees go out of their way to help. Wonderful team.

Great location!
    • Classic King Room Interior View

The toilet was too close to the sink. Very tight.

The staff was excellent, from front desk to elevator operators

Great experience
    • City View King Room Manhattan View

Charlie at concierge was amazing

Excellent!
    • Accessible Guest Room

The staff attentions. Very clean. The best location.

Fun fun time! Staff all friendly & helpful...nice..

AC work better (cooling)

Bed was awesome. Our room staff (Elba) was excellent.

Lovely hotel, great staff, little touch of luxury on 5th Avenue.

Need firmer pillows.

Very friendly staff, good location, quiet hotel.

Amazing hotel :) near the park.
    • City View King Room Manhattan View

Frankly speaking, the room was dirty... (Specially the carpet...)

Amazing hotel :) near the park. The concierge service is the best one!

Great hotel !

Location and service

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

You feel like you are living in Royal Palace

The price

You feel like you are living in Royal Palace

Lovely.
    • Deluxe King Room with Manhattan View

Lovely. Ticks all the boxes!

Dry good service and clean and spacious rooms.
    • City View Twin Room Manhattan View

WiFi is very bad, and AC needs proper maintenance and upgrade.. it is noisy

Dry good service and clean and spacious rooms. Location is excellent

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Great location, excellent staff, womderful lobby, big,...
    • Superior King Room Interior View

Great location, excellent staff, womderful lobby, big, spacious rooms with good services.

I hope they have a buffet breakfast

I hope they have a buffet breakfast

• City View King One Bedroom Suite Manhattan View

Great location. Staff always ftiendly. Eooms very clean and comfortable. With the Pierre you get what you pay for. Gteat comfort and great staff.

Room was very nice

Room was very nice

Very enjoyable taste of luxury

Afternoon tea was a bit of a let-down, and limited bar areas.

Great and iconic NYC hotel, lots of character

Get it quick.

Get it quick.

Oldie but goodie.
    • City View Twin Room Manhattan View

An older hotel which has seen better days yet clean and comfortable.

Very attentive and accommodating staff.

A great location, literally across the road from Central...
    • Superior King Room Interior View

A great location, literally across the road from Central Park.

• Superior King Room Interior View

The room and toilet size is too small.

location, staff, concierge staff

Must go

Excellent expirience

Pillows

Pillows

Absolutely brilliant!!!!
    • Superior King Room Interior View

Nothing, everything is perfect.

Staff were exceptional and extremely friend. It is a hotel that I would not hesitate to return too.

Truly a luxury hotel!
    • Superior King Room Interior View

The staff was so friendly and the decor was gorgeous.

Awesome

Service

Always very good!
    • Superior King Room Interior View

Internet. Every time I go there the internet is a problem.

The location is perfect. And the food is really good.

Excellent Stay
    • Superior King Room Interior View

Hospitality, Rooms, attention to detail, location

The hotel’s location is in good place. It’s quiet.

The elevator ‘s service

Personal were friendly

Excellent location

Rooms a bit antiquated

Excellent location Friendly staff

Overall we were very happy...
    • Park View King Room Central Park View

Room service was crazy price $50 for a burger and fires !

Amazing!!!!!
    • Executive King One Bedroom Suite Interior View

No internet at all! We connect and a few minute you had to log in again .....

The staff are amazing!