Reviews of The Portofino Hotel & Marina, a Noble House Hotel 4 stars

#7 of 15 hotels in Redondo Beach

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Over priced
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff was decent however the bar in the lobby closed early, the water was removed from the lobby at the time the bar closed. The fire alarm went off at 2:20 am our last night and the staff failed to do anything about it. We all waited in the hall until we realized nobody was going to tell us what to do or where to go. We called the front desk and our first two calls were ignored. On the last call the front desk rudely answered and told us it was a false alarm. The alarms were still going off for another half hour. The cleaning staff then woke us up at 8am. Great view but nothing is really near the hotel and the normal hotel amenities run at a very steep price at this hotel.

We enjoyed the ocean view. You can rent bikes.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Underwhelmed
    • Deluxe King Room with Ocean View

I thought it was extremely overpriced for what you got. I also thought it was very tacky that they had a ton of items in the room for sale, including a stuffed animal. It was like sleeping in a convenience store.

The views and location were very good.

Nice place minus the deposit
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

"As a welcome" they charge you in advance for mini bar and snacks they leave in your room - we had 700$ for our stay + 500$ of deposit..!! Everything (even welcome wine) is paid extra and by extra I mean a lot. On booking.com there was no information about the deposit, so we were really unpleasantly surprised cause we couldn't check in untill we paid all the price with deposit for things we didn't even want. The receptionist admited that there are many complains from guests about this deposit policy and she will speak with the manager about changing it. Hopefully they will do something about it...

Hotel with beautiful lobby, nice location and free bikes rental offer.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was cluttered, no fridge in the room that could be used to chill water etc and lots of irritating items for sale in the room which made it feel as if one were living in a shop.

Stunning hotel and fabulous staff 💖💖
    • Deluxe King Room with Ocean View

There is nothing we didn’t like

The staff and hotel were just Devine! The room was the most beautiful room and the bed was to die for. Everything was spotless and we really didn’t want to leave. I would without doubt recommend this hotel to anyone

I don't recommend it, there is plenty of better options for half the price.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was too small, with small beds. Wifi is limited, for better connection you need to pay. Parking is 30 usd per day! Pool is tiny. No microwave, almost no fridge. The view to my room was not what I expected nor what's advertised. Not 4 stars at all, just the 4 stars' price.

It is very well located

The staff was friendly and courteous.
    • Deluxe King Room with Ocean View

A little more privacy out in the balconies would be nice. Perhaps a partition between each room? The couple next to our room were having a big argument and were loud. We could hear them through the walls so we stepped out onto the balcony to relax and enjoy our view but even then we could hear the couple arguing. When the husband/boyfriend stepped out into the balcony it was a little awkward for my partner and I to act like we didn’t just hear everything and it made it that much awkward to enjoy our view and time out there. It was a little uncomfortable to say the least.

The staff was friendly and courteous. The full view of the ocean was beautiful and exceeded our expectations. My partner loved how comfortable the bed and pillows were. The hotel was just a walk away from the pier and there’s a lot of fun activities for the whole family. Would definitely stay here again!

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Portofino Hotel and Marina. In a word. Wonderful! Michael Valentine Ayton

That I had to leave your Hotel so soon... There is not one thing that I can think of... as Everything went Perfect! Really.

Waking up to Seals, Sea Birds and an Ocean view! Super Soft Pillows and Very Comfy Bed. The Bartender in the Bar//Lounge ( James ) was Especially Terrific. Give Him a Raise, he deserves it.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Staff and jacuzzi
    • King Room with Ocean View and Spa Bath

AC did not work in the room 157 no ac available.. the view was not to full ocean view since there was a barrier or Rocks blocking the view .

Staff and jacuzzi

Location and atmosphere is awesome!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Partial Ocean View

The only thing this place lacks is a real pool. It has a small pool for kids at the far end, but it is small and crowded.

Location and atmosphere is awesome!

Serious problems with sewage - when we arrived toilet was...

Serious problems with sewage - when we arrived toilet was full off stuff which definately shouldn’t be there... Water staied to sink approx 5-10 minutes Very bad smell in rooms Warn out building

It was okay for visiting beaches near by.
    • King Room with Ocean View and Spa Bath

Old moldy restroom. Old outdated fridge Had a huge leak. Thevfridge was so tiny not the usual size at other hotels.

Nice room. The room was big and spacious. The view was beautiful. The room was old and had mold. The carpet had a huge wet spot near the ac. Also made a loud weird noise every hour. The restroom was quite gross. The towels they provided about 4 were old and nasty. People upstairs were smoking. a

Perfect spot to get to all South Bay offers!

Love the location, as a former South Bay resident, I opt for Portofino to be close to my old "stomping grounds." It has old school, beach, nautical charm and is close to all. We used the bikes to make our way from Redondo through Hermosa and up to Manhattan - great way to spend a day!

Nice view from the room
    • Studio with Ocean View

We have been promised an upgrade (to an upper level), but later it was cancelled without any explanation. The reservation of two rooms was considered as two separate reservations, which created serious issues in the payment process.

Nice view from the room

Glad it was only 1 night stay.

Towels were damp, high price hold for incidentals $120 per night, extra charges made to card. Door was open upon arrival, self parking was not any better value than valet$28. Jets in hot tub not working good. Had my sunglasses stolen while at the pool. Bed too soft.

The bartender was nice and made awesome drinks area around bar was pretty with nice fireplace and nice views of ocean.

Great stay it was the end of a four week vacation so perfect way to end a great holiday.
    • Studio with Marina View

It was 4th July long weekend hotel was very busy, would return mid week and it would be perfect.

The room was very comfortable great view of the marina. Reception staff were excellent changed rooms and it wasn’t a problem. Valet were helpful used the courtesy bikes to ride along the coast. Would definitely stay here again.

Wonderful time
    • Deluxe King Room with Ocean View

Ok...if I had to pick something the only thing I can come up with is that there wasn't water out in the lobby all night long. I had an early morning flight and it would have been nice.

Everything! Staff, location, facility. The bed was like a cloud. View was amazing. Walking distance to everything needed.

Great Girl's Getaway!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The hotel is (I think) wood framed so you can hear everything going on up and around you. I use a sound machine to sleep, but had I not had that I would have not slept well as the people above stomped about a bit. While I loved the overall décor, I was very confused by the mirror in our bathroom. It looked as if it was brought up from the Titanic! Very old and worn around the edges, it did not fit in with the otherwise luxe feeling of the hotel.

Good location, nice staff, great food and drinks! I would stay again should I get a similar deal. I loved sitting on the patio having my morning coffee, wish I had an ocean view room but the gardens and sunshine were nice as well. It is easy to walk to many places like Whole Foods, Nektar Juices, Naja's, and the amazing seafood market at the pier. The restaurants around the hotel and pier are pretty touristy (think Cheesecake Factory...) other than Baleen (the hotel's place) so try and get into further into RedondoGr, Hermosa or Manhattan Beach for better places to eat.

A real find, would love to go back
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Tiny swimming pool and $20 car park charge left a bad taste.

Loved the view over the yacht marina, fabulous room and bar area. The Restaurant is also excellent. A wonderful end to our Route 66 road trip. We found a great bar a short walk away boasting 77 draft beers!

Disappointed. Pot smoking in neighboring rooms, dated rooms, odd odors in halls, sketchy place
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Pool is shared with neighboring apartments- if you like sketchy people drinking PBR out of coolers and smoking pot— thenpool Area is for you.

Nice location on the marina. No beach access. 1 mike walk

Wonderful stay can not wait to go back for the jetted tub
    • King Room with Ocean View and Spa Bath

I originally booked the hotel simply for the jet tub in room and on the day of arrival 30 minutes before check in time they called to tell me they couldn’t give me the room I had booked which was a huge disappointment but they did compensate with a king suite on second floor with a beautiful view for a good price.

Excellent location service and close to many different restaurants and beach

• Studio with Ocean View

Room was great...but charge extra for everything, including the coffee and water in the room. For the price of the rooms, you would think coffee and water would be included.

Great location. Excellent views.

Check-in was so easy.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Check-in was so easy. The front desk staff was amazing. The room was on the smaller side, but very clean and decorated beautifully. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds I have slept in. Love this hotel!

Best hotel in a Redondo Beach.

This hotel is amazing. We are Redondo Beach locals and love The Portofino Hotel. We frequent Baleen kitchen for meals and ther awesome happy hour. We know several staff members personally and I appreciate all the staff and management attention when issues arise. They are quick to respond when we’ve ever needed anything. My husband and I stayed here on our wedding night 10 years ago and it’s still great now. Bonus: they have complimentary bikes for guests to explore the Strand and neighboring beach cities.

Location and interior design
    • Deluxe King Room with Ocean View

Lobby always very crowded and very noisy. There were conferences at the hotel and clients for private parties (maybe a wedding). It was not a relaxing feeling

Location and interior design

It was overpriced for the condition of the hotel.
    • Studio with Marina View

Hotel was very worn and in need of renovations. Power was cut off during the night and the next morning by the town making it uncomfortable in the room and restaurant was closed for breakfast.

Baleen was good forbewakfast

Great views & walking distance to many options
    • Studio with Ocean View

Stinch of nearby seals, limited room service menu, overpriced in room movie selections lacking ice machines on the property.

Waterfront views are the best part

Redondo beach and Redondo Pier were within walking distance.
    • Deluxe King Room with Ocean View

The distance to Los Angeles city centre.

Redondo beach and Redondo Pier were within walking distance. The hotel had bicycles available to explore the area.

enjoyed the stay, the whole place could use a carpet...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

just carpets need cleaning and the damp wet dog smell throughout the hotel, but I think it is just the damp of the ocean and cannot be helped . understandable.

enjoyed the stay, the whole place could use a carpet cleaning and some anti mustiness air fresheners, but it is damp near the water. loved the staff and the fun elevator. Nice stay in the South Bay , we will likely come back! Near all of our errands and friends in the South Bay .

Excited stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The shower was difficult to use and had no pressure.

Excited stay. The bed was amazing. The location was convenient to Redondo Beach. Staff were amazing. Every cute rooms that were well decorated.

Incredible peaceful location especially if you like the beach.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Partial Ocean View

Some of the rooms have beds that need mattresses replaced

I absolutely loved the location and the fact that they provided bikes that you could use to ride up-and-down the beach strand

Great location and spacious room!
    • Studio with Marina View

They also provided bikes if you wanted to go riding for free. Pier was walking distance. Valet and park yourself available.

The bed was very comfortable and the room was large. Plenty of space in room and nice balcony overlooking marina. Staff were very helpful- they were polite and provided assistance whenever needed (i.e. Taxi, etc...). The common room was very comfortable and could watch rowers and sunset- was spectacular. I really enjoyed the stay and would definitely stay again!

Great hotel, this is the 2nd time we have stayed here.
    • Studio with Marina View

Great hotel, this is the 2nd time we have stayed here. Beautifully decorated lobby and lovely rooms. The view of the ocean can't be beat either. Live music on weekends in the lobby and added plus. Close to everything.

Ocean, sea lions and gulls, could not be better

Could have been a bit better maintained and a tad cleaner

The staff was very friendly and super helpful, the room was great, very comfortable, well appointed and perfect for a long weekend.

Super comfortable bed!
    • Premier King Room with Ocean View

Description of room said “ocean view” but our room was on the first floor so we could not actually see the ocean. Changed rooms, but there was luggage in there! Changed again and it was great. Room rate was actually lower which the hotel couldn’t credit us for (my booking.com confirmation showed new rate) - but alas they credited our account the $10.00 differential. It was a bit clumsy.

Super comfortable bed!

• Studio with Marina View

The mantenqncne or security guys were hovering around my room at night and it was not what I expected from a nice hotel. If there was a noice complaint the front desk should have called instead of being shady.

Wonderful place with ocean and sea-lions as neighbors
    • Studio with Ocean View

The minibar is closed with this..emm...rope- if you open it, you should pay - even if you don’t get anything (i guess). I don’t like it, I usually use a minibar as a fridge.

It’s right near the ocean. I love the ocean behind the balcony and large windows! And sea lions! They are chillin’ on the platform - the same pic I saw at Pier 39 (San Francisco). It’s really quiet and peaceful place! Stuff is great, room is clean and comfortable. But location is the best! Cheesecake factory in 5-min walk, Whole foods in 15 min walk. You can get the bike from the hotel and investigate wonderful places nearby - Redondo beach (3 min by bike), Manhattan beach (10-15 min by bike), Venice canals and beach (1 hour by bike).

Very nice place. Beware MINIBAR!
    • Deluxe King Room with Ocean View

Negatives: - parking is additional 27$ a day, we went with self-parking, there is also valet service. It was pretty hard to find free spot after 9pm. - MINIBAR. Oh boy, I knew from the start it would cause issues. Everything is extra, water is 5$ a bottle, tea bags for a buck, fridge is sealed, etc (see photos). We decided to NOT even touch anything, there are good restaurants and shops nearby (including Wholefoods, Starbucks). HOWEVER, after a couple of days I noticed another 20$ transaction from the hotel. Receptionist said this was a charge for 3 bottles of water! WHAT?! Although he cancelled the charge right after I told him we used our own water and left those overpriced items in their places, this is a really unpleasant experience. - room service knocked on the door at 10am with words "check out?", I said we are not going to check out until our rightful 12. We left some tips, but I guess it was "not enough" and the lady put MINIBAR on our expense report. Shame on her if this is true!

Mixed feelings about the hotel, I feel bad about giving it a low score as we had a really good time here. We live nearby and decided to spend a night near the ocean, in Deluxe King Room With Ocean View. First, what we liked: + spectacular views, main beach and the neighborhood. Sea lions swimming right in front of you, kayaks, yachts, cool! + free bicycles, we took 2 hour ride alond Redondo Beach bike path + 10 minute walk to "Bluewater Grill Seafood" restaurant with delicious food + nice and cosy room, clean on the inside, matress is too soft for our taste + friendly staff on the reception

Great !

The fixed shower head

There is a balcony, biggest wash room, cleaness toilet bowl, facilities; Office desk, sofa, TV and very brightly lighting everywhere in the room.

Disappointed!
    • Studio with Ocean View

Wish they would’ve cleaned bird poop from patio so I could have enjoyed it. Asked them numerous times, even tried to clean it myself but it was to much! Connect rails broken.

View from room. Decor of facilities.

Disappointing....won’t go back to this hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Partial Ocean View

TV remote didn’t work during our 5 nite stay.They gave us several but none worked. Room on main floor was behind jetty - not a nice view - expected more for the high price we paid - definitely over priced. Small bath with minimal counter- woodwork very worn and chipped.No frig for customer use and confusing price list for use of soap, shampoo, coffee etc. Elevator didn’t work so couldn’t move to a better room. I’m generally not a picky person- but we will not go back.

Restaurant was very good and we enjoyed the music by the fireplace in the main area.

Just loved it
    • Studio with Ocean View

Baleen kitchen, the lovely ladies were great but the young men that were on 3 pm shift were not very attentive.

It was just incredibly amazing just like all the noble houses. Love the tub that overlooks the water, fresh breeze and front desk staff housekeeping are so accommodating plus the manager. What more can you ask for.

Mixed review
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Late check in and room not ready, no room in refrigerator due to being stocked with overpriced goods, no microwave, beds too short, $27 parking (ridiculous) not included in resort fee, attempt to charge us for water not used, clean car getting completely covered in grime or sprayed with something while parked in valet area, being told we would be moved rooms and contacted in 10 minutes but after 40 minutes and no contact we gave up on being moved and had to leave since we could not continue to wait. Charging for any and everything - even a sticker price on bath bottle products!

The location and the use of bicycles are the greatest assets of this hotel. Room service was prompt and decent but overpriced for what was received. Good coffee in room. Beds were comfortable (although double size is short). Noon checkout appreciated.

As close to the ocean as it gets
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

As I was traveling alone I haven’t booked the more expensive room with the ocean view which was a pity. Although you have a wonderful sunrise over the boats if you look upon the parking lot, you feel like you are so close to the sea yet can’t really be enjoying it. Plus there were so many people working at the harbour or delivering stuff to the hotel and restaurant that I didn’t use my balcony and kept the curtains closed most of the times because otherwise you would have no privacy. After all I would definitely return next time I’m in Cali but I would prefer staying in a room with ocean view.

I loved the location, although Redondo is not my favorite along the coast, but I could walk to Hermosa Beach which was great. The staff was extremely friendly, I felt welcome all the time. My highlight was the lobby with it’s beautiful ocean view and the classy furniture and fireplace. I could have sat there the whole day.

Comfortable with great view.
    • Studio with Marina View

Small fridge. No kettle. Couple of utensils would've be great, such as fork and knife and bottle opener.

Great staff. Great Location. Clean room and good service. Great Lobby.

Loved the ocean view, probably will check out other hotels though.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Partial Ocean View

Bathroom floor was dirty, no microwave (even in lobby), light bulbs out in the bathroom, screen door lock broke.

The view, The parking was easy, the lobby is beautiful and the location.

Great location and nice facility

Parking could have been clearer. Self park and valet were the same cost and self parking is not convenient in that there aren't many spaces.

Location is great, rooms were well appointed. We had a bayside view that was mostly blocked by vegetation but was still nice to have a balcony to sit out on and enjoy the ocean air. They also had a guitarist playing in the main room with comfortable chairs, a bar, and a great view.

Absolutely loved this hotel! Will stay here again!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds and Partial Ocean View

We had very loud neighbours, I guess you could say the walls do not provide much insulation from noise or loud conversations in adjoining rooms. Good news is when we mentioned it to the front desk, they were extremely apologetic, understanding and moved us to a beautiful and much quieter room for the remainder of our stay.

The views, beautiful rooms, free bicycles to use, friendly staff, nice lounge, nice little pool, great location to Redondo Beach and Hermosa Beach, walking distance to restaurants. It's awesome!

I recommend this hotel. Great location. Restaurants walking distance.
    • King Room with Partial Ocean View

WiFi wasn’t the best. Was a bit difficult to work.

Restaurant next to hotel. Very good but a bit pricey. The location is great. Was given an upgrade with view to the bay. More than I can ask for.

The employees are great, Veronica at the front desk is very accommodating and courteous, her customer service skills are of a very high leve! The ocean views are incredible. Great place to stay for all.

Very happy with Hotel experience and would recommend it to others.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The weather was terrible but not the Hotel's fault. As such, couldn't utilise outdoor facilities including pool and bikes. Not much to do in wet weather.

The staff, especially reception, were very helpful. They went out of their way to help with an external problem which was not the Hotel's responsibility. The location was good and handy to various dining establishments.

I liked the location of the property and the serenity of the hotel.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The second floor with a better view.

The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet. Room service breakfast was delicious. My daughter and I stayed on the marina side first floor. We really enjoyed the free use of bikes which we took out both days. The bike path is right outside the property and it leads to the strand right on the ocean where you can ride for many miles through Hermosa Beach and Manhattan Beach.

We were at the hotel for 10 days and we were sorry to leave.
    • Premier King Room with Ocean View

The refrigerator was filled with honor bar items and not available for personal use. Although there was a normal size closet, there were only two small drawers.

We had a corner room with a beautiful ocean view, thanks to Frances at the front desk. Because of all the windows, and western exposure, the room was bright and airy. The sleeping area was of average size, but the dressing area was large and there also was a separate area with a desk. Overall, a lot of space for a hotel room. Our bed was very comfortable, one of the best we’ve had in hotels. The restaurant, Baleen, was right across the driveway. The food was delicious. We ate there several times because it was so convenient. Our room service meal arrived hot and as delicious as food served in the restaurant. Hotel staff was very responsive to anything we needed, including returning a pair of my husband’s shoes that we left behind. We were in and out of the hotel a lot and the valet people always had our car ready to go.

A very comfortable place to stay. Excellent valets
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Fireplace emits very little heat. Front doors were left open on a really cold night making the lounge / bar area very uncomfortable. Staff did explain that doors needed to remain open. A proper fireplace would have provided relief from the cold.

Overall this is. Great place to stay.

We loved everything about this hotel.

The parking is expensive

We loved everything about this hotel. The first night staying there we had a slight problem with the ac unit. We reported the fault immediately and they upgraded our room...

Loved the view from our balcony and that fact that we were...

Customer service from the hotel’s operator was very poor. She needs to be retrained in her customer service skills.

Loved the view from our balcony and that fact that we were able to upgrade from a room downstairs to a 3rd floor ocean view

The live entertainment in the bar area was very nice.
    • Studio with Marina View

Hotel is well appointed but a little far to walk to most of the local eateries which meant getting the car out and then the issue of drinking and driving. So we decided to not drive and walk.

The live entertainment in the bar area was very nice. Great to sit and relax over a beverage.

Internet server was very slow
    • King Room with Ocean View and Spa Bath

Internet server was very slow Maid service didn't clean our room until late in the day Your guest have to walk across the driveway to get a $4.00 cup of coffee instead of it being complimentary and in the lobby like every other hotel. Why be cheap when your guest are paying $400/night?

Premier property for a premiere experience.

Kinda beholden to the staff to retrieve car and tip frequently...

Bed was great, sofa was comfy, flavored water in lobby was grand, height of shower he’d was awesome (I’m a tall guy), water pressure & temp also groovy. Liked the vibe of the property and having bicycles available...

Okay

Check in desk is poorly positioned. To many luggage carts passing through the line while standing to check in. Needs automatic doors near the check in desk.

The two hour free bikes

Had a great time with family and friends.. Rode the bikes for 24 miles.. Beautiful day!! thanks !

Asked for toothbrush and toothpaste as our bags were delayed... had to wait while the staff was in the back chatting.. they did give us the goods.. would be nice if they had a bag of neccisties for people who don't get their luggage right away.. :))

Friendly staff carried our bags upstairs... Let us take three bikes all day no charge.. great perk.. Nice sunset from the lounge... slept great... a little pricey but not bad for a stay near Redondo Beach and the strand... lots of shopping nearby...

Generally very good, but management needs to be more visible and available.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Noisy sealions at night!!!!!!! Glasses left in corridors not picked up, despite staff walking past them several times. Put a Clock in reception, for heavens sake!!!!!

Excellent room and facilities, super view, wonderful location. Restaurant very good indeed. Bed particularly good.

Loved being able to rent bikes and cruise the strand!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Loved being able to rent bikes and cruise the strand! Good location spent most of our time between Hermosa and Manhattan, lots of places eat and drink.

I would not stay here again.

The room wasn’t worth the price. The bathroom was subpar, found hairs on pillow, the walls are so thin I could hear the person above us walking, running water, could hear neighbors TV.

The location is great

The views were pretty
    • Deluxe King Room with Ocean View

The ice machine was broken, the elevator was broken. Our credit card was charged an extra $400 for incidentals and we didn't purchase anything extra and its been 4 days and we still have not received our money back

The views were pretty

Won't be staying there again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I couldn't get a room on the second or third floor because the elevators happened to not be working and my partner is handicaps and can't do stairs so I got a view of the bushes and they wouldn't except my AAA card

Just being by the water that I could not see from my room

I'll probably never come back

Elevator was out of service and price I paid was not worth the room. I requested Oceanfront when I got there they stated that they no longer had any available so they say I would get Marina view but all I got was just a parking lot. Completely not worth the price I paid

The staff was very professional

I loved the location.
    • King Room with Partial Ocean View

I loved the location. You are as close as you can get without being in a boat. The sunsets are amazing. Beds are soft. Toiletries smell amazing. The food in Baleens is excellent. The drink are wonderful. The pool is heated with a separate Jacuzzi. We loved it so much we stayed an extra night!

Staff were friendly and helpful and moved us to a quieter room
    • Deluxe King Room with Ocean View

Rooms/decor very tired. Quite noisy air con and plumbing and little soundproofing from neighbouring balconies. Why do people have to talk so loudly??

Loved the location

The location is amazing being so close to the water and the boardwalk and the marina.

Nothing in my opinion.

We really loved the view. And the manager was excellent, our room was not what we expected at first but she upgraded our room for no extra charge. The staff was very helpful and the facilities were first class. We will definitely come back again. Brett

For a European visitor the big minus was the total lack 220...
    • Studio with Marina View

For a European visitor the big minus was the total lack 220 V electricity outlets ! All voltages were 110 V and they didn't even have a transformer unit to lend me. So I was unable to charge up my laptop, iPhone, camera or camcorder. Great ! for a holiday visit to USA.

nice
    • Studio with Marina View

I felt like I was afraid to touch anything, as I would have to pay waaaaaaaay too much for it. everything has to be paid for. parking is 27$ per night, oh, yeah, the elevator was out of order and we were on the 3rd floor.

perfect location, beautiful view from the balcony over the gulf with boats, facilities;

I will return every single time I come to Southern California even if

The bed was super plush with tempurpwdic pillows. The view was one of the best in the world if you get top floor ocean side. The bathroom was like a spa and the minibar was fullllllly stocked!

We went there for the week end and we had a great time.
    • Studio with Marina View

We went there for the week end and we had a great time. The location is beautiful between the marina and the ocean. Close to Hermosa, so you can walk along the beach (1+ mile but nice walk). The staff is great. For breakfast, Cassandra did a wonderful job dealing with our table even if we had kids messing up a little bit ! She kept her smile and was super efficient ! Great time.

This was our second time at the Portofino and it was as amazing and relaxing as we remembered.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The ONLY thing I didn’t like was walking outside (in my robe) and down the fairway in order to get to the hot tub.

We were directly on the water. It was heaven!! I requested lots of pillows and slept incredibly well! We will be back!!