Reviews of Hotel RL Washington DC by Red Lion 3 stars

1823 L Street NW, Northwest, Washington, DC 20036, USA

#73 of 138 hotels in Washington

A seemingly "modest" gem in thr heart of DC
    • Suite with Kitchenette

The room was very spacious, clean and very modernaized. The staff was very nice and helpful. The hotel is also very close to the center of nightlife in downtown DC and the many restaurants surrounding the area.

Walkable distance to White house
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Queen Double Beds

The parking garage was nearby. Though I had to pay the full parking amount (40) for the parking. It should have been good if the hotel guests get the parking at a discounted rate.

Comfortable beds and pillows and the free coffee in the morning
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Queen Double Beds

Could be cleaner. Only paper cups provided and no tea/coffee maker, just a microwave and a fridge. Party of lads were very noisy next door

Most comfortable beds ever and effective air-conditioning.

Good for long term stays due to size of room, simple hotel in need of some changes.
    • King Studio

My shower didn’t work, the iron leaked on my clothes and there was only one staff member on duty for all check in and check outs.

The room was large and the bed was comfortable.

The movie "Hangover" comes to mind.
    • Queen Studio

The room had a terrible odor and there was dried vomit on the bed linen. When I called downstairs to register a complaint, the staff came up and provided new linen. Staff refused to give me another room and offered no reason for not being able to make the accommodation.

The hotel location put me well within walking distance to my meeting places.

Overall a good stay, quiet rooms even though it was in town and friendly staff. ,
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Queen Double Beds

Needed tea and coffee facilities in the room. Bathroom needed upgrading very old and I poor condition.

Great location for quick sightseeing. Really friendly helpful staff.

Excellent place in great location
    • Queen Studio

Small elevator and lobby.

Room was large for a big city hotel. East check-in and check-out. Great location near Metro in the heart of the city. Beat all other hotels in cost to boot.

Great location close to everything, huge comfy room, and...
    • Junior Studio

The stuff on duty when we checked in was very unprofessional. He was on the phone the whole time, and we waited for over 30min even we were the only guests there waiting for check in. The next day’s stuff were so much nicer and this place would have been perfect with them.

Great location close to everything, huge comfy room, and have cool features

The hotel was very clean and the location was just fantastic...
    • King Studio

Can’t think of anything, maybe a breakfast included in the price would have been nice

The hotel was very clean and the location was just fantastic, within walking distance of all the attractions

An excellent place to stay at DC
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Queen Double Beds

Front desk is rather small. It does not invite to look for further information

Location is excellent. Bedroom is gorgeous. Beds are so comfortable! Cleanliness is super! Parking is very convenient

Wonderful
    • Suite with Kitchenette

Still no ice machine since my last visit back in January

Room was clean and very comfortable. Location was perfect, i was able to keep the car in the garage and walk everywhere.

The rooms were very comfortable, plenty of space.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Queen Double Beds

We were suppose to check in at 3 and we were not able to check in until 4:30, our room had a wet floor due to the ice machine leaking but they let us park for free because of it.

The rooms were very comfortable, plenty of space. The parking garage was right beside the hotel. TV was huge.

Fantastic room great location
    • Queen Studio

No coffee machine. We where entitled to 1 complementary coffee from the reception area.

Great location not far from the white house. The room was very spacious and clean.

Great Trip to Washington
    • Suite with Kitchenette

We were there for game 3 and 4 of the Stanley Cup Final. Great location to get to and from the Capital One Arena as well as other Washington attractions.

Great location, comfortable, good place to stay.
    • King Studio

No facilities but none were expected.

The hotel has probably been recently converted from a apartment building; it is very clean and the units are attractive and spacious and the bed was good too. The location is great, about a 10 minute walk from the White House and many restaurants, etc. nearby. Staff were friendly and helpful and the elevators quick. Wifi fine.

Excellent hotel in a central location (close proximity to Metro) in downtown D.C.
    • King Studio

Only 1 water is provided complimentary per room. On our request the Tony (in reception) provided us with an extra one. However, our opinion is that at least a bottle of water should be provided to the guest everyday. But the tap water is also safe to drink and additionally bottled water is available for a low price in the nearby shop which is open 24x7.

The hotel indeed met our expectations in almost all respects. We were provided with a King room on the road side as we requested. Everything was in order. There was no coffee machine in the room as stated in booking.com website, however the hotel offered us 2 coffees (1 our choice and 1 drip) everyday. Therefore, the lack of coffee machine was not an issue,

The staff was so helpful.
    • King Studio

The sofa bed in our first room was lumpy. Would not recommend the sofa bed for sleeping. It works as a couch though

The staff was so helpful. When we had an issue with the sofa bed not being very comfortable in our room, they gave us another room without a problem. Good location near Farragut North and West subway stations.

overall it was a really relaxing an nice room
    • Queen Studio

The computers did not have a connection to the internet.

The bed and couch were very comfortable. They stored my suitcase until it was time to check in so I didn't have to lug it around while taking in a few sites.

Washington Vacation
    • King Studio

The garage could use an elevator or a cart to get back to the lobby and a pool would have been nice.

The staff was courteous and helpful The room cleaning lady Mi Lin was wonderful she saved my husband's hand. Feel free to contact me for more info. Also Manny the doorman was a plethora of knowledge about the city. We had a wonderful stay. Thank You for giving us a safe, comfortable place to stay.

Had the worst time there. I stepped in someone elses puke in front of my door.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Queen Double Beds

I liked nothing about our stay! We wokeup to throw up on our door and infeont of the door. Some deunk person from the next room had puked all over our door at night. The manager was not helpful at all. We also paid for breakfast included and all you get is a small cup of coffee and 1 pastry per room! Like were we supposed to split it between a family of 4? To get into the garage you have to wait until they are ready to open it for you and it was just overall a horrible stay. I liked nothing about our stay! We wokeup to throw up on our door and infeont of the door. Some deunk person from the next room had puked all over our door at night. They have a bar right beside the hotel so there was always drunks and throw up every where. I stepped in it near our bedroom door. Brand new shoes went to trash. Also the bedroom smelled like mold. At night our bedroom smelled like pot because the neighbor was smoking it and the smell went into our room.

I liked nothing about our stay! We wokeup to throw up right infront of our door. They have a bar right beside the hotel so there was always drunks and throw up every where. I stepped in it near our bedroom door. Brand new shoes went to trash. Also the bedroom smelled like mold. At night our bedroom smelled like pot because the neighbor was smoking it and the smell went into our room.

Decent
    • King Studio

Bed was hard as a rock, our room still had a few belongings from the previous guest lying around when we checked in...

Overall great location, big rooms, free coffee was a nice perk

I overall enjoyed my stay and time in the DC Area. Great location to get around DC
    • King Studio

Unfortunately the A/C was not working properly and became extremely HOT in the room. I was informed that there was construction going on. Would I appreciated the information. THE NOISE was unbearable especially when had to open the windows for Fresh Air. There could have been some more decor/ art in the rooms

STAFF WAS EXCELLENT. Liked the setup the Hotel and Lobby Areas

Great hotel accomodations for your stay in the city with easy access to everything plus parking.

Nothing. All good.

They have 2 single-speed bicycles for free use. That's a bonus and on some stay we'll use them. DC. is a very bike friendly town and they'd come in handy to see all the sights easily. We like the location for getting around -- easy access to bus and subway and easy walking distance to attractions. Very comfy accomodations. Expect some noise from the city and from a bar on street level and maybe from noisy neighbors in the hallway. We didn't care. I kind of like city noise -- sirens, garbage cans, etc. It's a sign of a lively town. Oh, and they have a garage right next to the hotel free to use, even on the day of your checkout til 7pm. That's a bonus, too! Plus, Manny is a great doorman and so pleasant!

We shall return...........Good Lord willing
    • Junior Studio

It was a little bit noisy at night

The level of service was personable no pressure to buy stuff we did not need. Treated like family. We felt safe and comfortable. Maryitta and the others went over and above the minimum to ensure our wants were served

Great location, spacious, good wifi - no water pressure.
    • Suite with Kitchenette

The shower was awful. When using the tub you had massive pressure, but when switching to shower it was just drips of water and you couldnt get it to stay in a good temperature. It was always freezing or blazing hot. And no pressure.

We had the suite with kitchenette. It was good size and the sofa-bed was comfy enough. Good to have a fridge and buy breakfast, much cheaper. Giant TV with lots of channels.

Comfortable stay, huge room!
    • Junior Studio

Really enjoyed my stay, I was at the hotel for 5 nights and it’s in a great location for exploring the city. I stayed in a junior suite and it was a huge comfortable room to come back to. Ask for a room on the front and you’ll have no problem with noise. If I’m ever back in DC I’d stay here again for sure!

Very nice place. Would definitely go back again.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Queen Double Beds

Check in was a little slow. Mix up with the reservation.

The place was very clean, smelled clean and beds were very comfortable. The staff was very hospitable.

Love DC
    • King Studio

Could adjust heat in room. On 9th floor and it got to be over 80 in the room. Had to open windows to cool down and noise was bad.

Large rooms and clean. Staff very helpful. Parking was convenient.

Great stay.
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Disability Access

I loved this hotel. I have been to DC many times on business. Right by the Metro station, good restaurants, the room was room, and the window opened. I had a room on the 10th floor, it never seemed like I waited long for the elevators. The hotel has these really cute bikes you can use for free which is awesome. The best part was the staff. Everyone and I mean every employee was helpful and friendly. The coffee was good too.

the garage was closed when I arrived at 10:00 PM
    • Suite with Kitchenette

the garage was closed when I arrived at 10:00 PM the parking garage was a labyrinth and took me 10 minutes to get out and back into the hotel the heat in the room was on at 10:00 PM and the room was sweltering I needed directions in the morning to another part of the district and it took seemingly forever the cost was exorbitant

Overall, everything was great.
    • King Studio

Overall, everything was great. The room is actually very big, and the bed was extremely comfortable. The facilities look like they could use a little upkeep, and the hot water wasn't working for one morning of our stay, but other than that no complaints. This is by no means a fancy hotel, but it's not a dump either. It's pretty clean, the rooms are large, and the staff is very friendly. Parking next door for $40 a night is better than most other hotels in the area. You can walk most anywhere by foot or take a short cab ride. I'd recommend this spot for any travelers who are looking to strike a balance between affordability, location, and amenities.

Breakfast was included in the room charge.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Queen Double Beds

Breakfast was included in the room charge. However not really exciting. Coupon at a value of 6 usd was offered for a next door restaurant, which was closed Saturday and Sunday. When open the 6 usd coupon was only cowering half of what was needed just to have a reasonable breakfast.

Enjoyed it and will be back when in DC again.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Though a lot quieter on back side, still pretty loud, especially early. But as the info said, you’re in the middle of a large city.

Staff was always welcoming and helpful. Have stayed at RL/Quincy several times. Always comfortable and my go to place.

As always the staff is great and the hotel is at an awesome location which makes it a must stay.
    • Suite with Kitchenette

I would like to see something besides 1 complimentary specialty hot beverage. Traveling with kids and only offering coffee and hot chocolate doesn't give the option for those who don't enjoy those beverage types to be able to enjoy that complimentary beverage. Also I would appreciate housekeeping taking note that we are a party of 3 and do get rather annoyed always having to ask for additional towel sets so that everyone has a towel and wash cloth set of their own to use.

Location is superb. Never is it necessary for me to drive when we stay at this location. Manny is a wonderful asset to the hotel, and had the pleasure of chatting with Rene during our stay there. Both gentlemen are extremely wonderful assets to the property. Rooms are spacious and comfortable and having a suite helps cut down on some of the eating out expenses.

More lamb than lion
    • Business Suite

Staff was nowhere to be found when I checked in. No coffee maker in the room. No ability to control room temperature. Shower temperature very difficult to adjust, and requires constant adjustments. Unable to print boarding passes.

Room size with kitchen was nice. Location is good for families visiting Washington

Great Hotel with fantanstic staff.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Queen Double Beds

Nothing- loved everything about this hotel.

Staff extremely friendly and very helpful. They went out of their way to make sure we had a comfortable stay especially Rene and Marissa the Manager. Rene helped us with everything throughout our stay and could not do enough for us. Facilities were also very good with comfortable beds and great shower.

Clean, comfortable bed, room was nice size, mini kitchen was...
    • Queen Studio

Sink was unattached to the wall. You couldn't control the room temp with the thermostat. Water flow was minimal in sink.

Clean, comfortable bed, room was nice size, mini kitchen was nice, staff very nice especially Manny.

Good, if you are on a budget
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Disability Access

Some rooms are dated and clearly needing renovation. The noise from the street is excessive...

The staff: friendly and relaxed, open and cooperative. The location is good.

Exxcellent boutique hotel, especially convenient to subway travel and only 1 block from K street.
    • King Studio

Phone did not ring for wakeup calls, even though we tested it at 4 AM for a 9 AM wake-up. I thought I was sleeping through wakeup sound, but actually, the phone was failing to ring. Needed written instructions on how to operate both digital alarm clock, and DirecTV channels for local news and weather. Toilet had two problems I requested maintenance to fix. The whole toilet seat was so loose that it could be turned about 20 degrees. I nearly fell off twice. They replaced/repaired the seat. Flush lever stuck open so that the toilet was constantly running unless/until you jiggled it to allow it to close the rubber flapper. It was not a problem of positioning the lever away from other components, the links and the collar through which the lever was connected from outside to the inside of the tank were all corroded and needed replacing to allow them to move.

Plenty of firm pillows. The sofa looked good and was comfortable. It was a very large single (king) room. The shower was large and comfortable. Fridge and microwave in room were very convenient as were 2 block walk to subway (aka Metro) to either Farragut North or Farragut West (those are locations relative to Farragut Square, not the direction of travel). That was GREAT convenience.

Worth the price if you are looking for a homey place to stay.
    • Queen Studio

The bathroom was a little dated and small, but not much you can do about that as it is an older building and I'm sure hard to renovate. Also, some towels had stains and small pieces of hair on them. Would recommend paying attention to the laundering of these items.

The staff was extremely kind and helpful. The room was spacious and clean and well decorated. Although you could tell it was an older building, they did a great job with updating the rooms. It is a wonderful value for the price.

Very convenient location.
    • Queen Studio

Although breakfast was listed as included, it was not. Only coffee. The manager did compensate us with a voucher for breakfast next door at a coffee shop.

Very convenient location. Clean. Nice staff. large room. Comfy bed.

nice place to stay
    • Suite with Kitchenette

Staff. Slow. Probably I am not right. Hopefully I am not right but all the time it seemed to me they were high. Really difficult communicate. Breakfast. No information were given before I asked, then proved that i have breakfast in the confirmation then the guy gave me 6USD pp certificates for neighborhood cafe. This certificates we were using to reduce the bill. A/c is the central one. So it was very hot in the room at night, we were opening windows.

Very big and comfortable rooms with all the necessary. Clean. Housekeeping every day. Complimentary coffee. Location excellent. Mini kitchen in the rooms. All about the room and property is very good.

leave that Hotel if you see earplugs in your room!!!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

they had a loud drilling noise early in the morning, on a weekend! I was woken up by loud drilling on the wall behind me. when I called the front desk to ask them what the drilling was about and if there was any way to stop it, the girl simply said they were renovating something and that there was a sign in the room stating that there would be some noise. the sign said "silence is dreamy" - then something about the city getting noisy and that they were providing earplugs!! EARPLUGS?? all in all not a nice experience.

the location.

Already booked again for June!
    • King Studio

Only once ice machine in the middle of the building but "out of service". Can't control the room temp. The room was 78f the entire stay but windows oped about 6 inches each.

It was like our own apartment building, only ran into 2 other guests. No big front desk but you're always "welcomed" when you enter. Great look and perfect location. Staff was very polite and fun to talk to.

Great location but construction was terrible.
    • Queen Studio

The room had a very weird smell to it. It was overwhelming at times. Also, the construction next door was INTENSE. It felt like they were constructing on the other side of our walls. It also felt like the hotel gave us the absolute worst room. It had an awful view and the construction seemed to behind our walls.

We enjoyed the location because it was SO close to the metro and to the main attractions in D.C. Most of the places we went to were within walking distance and it made getting around easy. The area seemed very safe and we were impressed with the location overall.

Except for the heat issue this would have been a wonderful stay.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Queen Double Beds

The heat on the 9th floor was not controllable. Even with the heat turned off in the room, the temperature in the room never went below 77 deg for the four days we were there. Supposedly the problem was due to the remodeling work going on.

The two queen size beds in the room were wonderful!

Working trip in DC
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Queen Double Beds

A bit noisy, there's a working site for a new restaurant. It seems they're gonna finish in 2-3 months. No breakfast area, but luckily there's a bakery at the corner!

Clean, not expensive, my room was quite large. 2-3 minutes from Metro station. I found it very good for my business trip

Spacious room and good location
    • Queen Studio

Everything was great, except the air conditioner could only blow heat even if it was set to 'cool', so we opened the windows for cool air when the room got too warm.

The room was very spacious and the bed was comfortable. Close to key tourist sights such as White House and Smithsonian so taking a cab or uber was quick and affordable. Cafes we just across the road so it was convenient to grab breakfast.

The worst hotel I've even been to.
    • King Room - Disability Access

The bathroom was awful, shower was hardly working since it was very old and we never had hot water in the room. When we checked in there were no hair dryer in the room and it took the hotel staff 3 hours to find one and bring it to us. Internet speed was really bad even when we bought a premium Wi-Fi for $10 a day. Cafe in the lobby was never working. They also took a $150 deposit for 3 nights, and did not say a thing about it or gave us a receipt when we were checking out. The money was returned to us only when we insistently asked for it.

The room was large and it was the only good thing we can say about this place.

The price went up and the person the receptionist...
    • Suite with Kitchenette

The price went up and the person the receptionist didn't noticed me so I ended up paying $40 more. Terrible

Early check-in, large and bright room.
    • Queen Studio

We arrived at 8:30am, and the staff helped us to check in, even though the check-in time starts from 3pm. The room is large and bright, with all common facilities available. The staff were very friendly and helpful. There are several subway stations around, so it is easy to travel to the tourist places.

An amazing experience at a great hotel in the perfect location.
    • Queen Studio

Parking was a bit on the expensive side and once your car is parked, it’s a bit of a mission to get back into your car during your stay.

The location is amazing. It’s located walking distance from the White House and all other points of interests in the city. The room was way bigger than expected and the bed was very comfortable.

Exceeded my expectations
    • King Studio

No kettle to make tea. There was a microwave though.

Huge room, huge bed and huge TV. Close to train and bus and lots of restaurants nearby. Easy walk to the White House

Good location near restaurants and public transport.
    • King Studio

On one night of our stay 22 Dec , a truck came around 3:30 AM in morning and started loading/ unloading very loudly and continued for about 45 minutes and it was very loud even inside the room on 7 th floor.

Staff specially Jace was friendly and helpful.

Great location at a great price
    • King Studio

If you enjoy walking (I do), you can walk to most key attractions within 15 to 30 minutes

Great location, price, staff and facilities (including free 3 hour bike rentals)

Price was cheap compare to other hotel.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Queen Double Beds

Location. But if it is not winter, location would be fine. Also you can just use Uber.

Price was cheap compare to other hotel. Room was big enough and clean. Bed was comfy. There were lots of cafe front of the hotel to enjoy breakfast. If i come back to Washington, I will stay in this hotel again.

Horrible staff- rude and dismissive- you also could only use...
    • Queen Studio

Horrible staff- rude and dismissive- you also could only use heat and the room was so hot as it was a warmer winter day (70 degrees). Room smelled bad and the view was of a parking lot.

I loved how spacious the room was and the great rate I was...
    • Queen Studio

I loved how spacious the room was and the great rate I was able to get it from on Booking.com. I also loved the close proximity to many different restaurants and locations. Not to mention it was close by the metro in case you needed to travel a little further from the room. My friends and I truly enjoyed the stay.

Very laid back.
    • King Studio

There was a minor issue with the bath tub training slowly and the water temperature changing back & forth.

Very laid back. Staff was pleasant. Great location. Quiet. Good views on upper floor.

I would not stay at the RL again and am really disappointed in booking.com for representing this pro
    • Deluxe Queen Room - Disability Access

Loud noise, little hot water and non-adjustable heat/cooling. Bad lighting. Most of all, loud trash pick-up at 5 AM after specifically asking not to be placed on alley side.

Good location, friendly staff

poorly managed. great location
    • Queen Studio

The hotel was a mess. No water one day, no wifi one day, construction in property that was NOISY unkempt...disorganized staff trying their best to make guests happy but unable due to the site of the place

Nice facilities with good location.
    • King Room - Disability Access

They just direcly transfer to my room a call for credit card fraud. No name check, no confirmation from the room. After situation were reported we just receive "i am sorry". Good hotels are aware of these kind of schemes, and prevent it to happen to costumers. Very dissapointed.

Nice facilities with good location.

Hidden treasure tucked away. Location is awesome!
    • Suite with Kitchenette

The property was very nice and cozy. The room set-up is nice for the junior suite, which includes a seating area and kitchenette. The location is awesome. Restaurants, shops, clubs, and nightlife are right down the street. I would definitely book again.

Very comfortable beds, very friendly staff
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Queen Double Beds

The building can only accommodate heat or AC at one time. It has been a warm winter and the heat had been turned on with no option for AC. The room became hot and we had to open the windows. This was problematic because of loud street noise. We also found a Band Aid wrapper in the ice bucket and had to ask for new one.

Very comfortable beds, very friendly staff

Regrettable
    • King Studio

Someone started yelling down the hall just as I was beginning to fall asleep. Then ambulances started driving past the hotel rather frequently with their sirens blaring. At 2 am I asked for another room. They gave me a room on the 10th floor. I could still hear the ambulances but not as loudly as before. Got maybe 3 hrs of sleep before going to breakfast and then a museum with some friends. I’ll never stay there again.

Could have been excellent if there's no noise outside.

There was so much noise from midnight to early morning, some sounded like gunshots, and some are from construction trucks . I realized that's why earplugs were provided, but i booked a hotel to have a good night sleep minus the earplugs.

Bedroom is well presented with modern new furniture

I will never stay at the Hotel RL again.
    • Queen Studio

My room was a constant 80 degrees, whether I had the Heating/AC system on or off. It didn't matter, the heat just kept pushing! I was communicating with them about this via text message, because there is no front desk and, therefore, no one readily available to call or communicate with in person. So, to remedy the excessive heat situation I kept the window open when I was in the room. Even when it got down to the upper 30's or low 40's at night, the room never dropped below 75 degrees with the window open. And, then there was the noise issue. Upon arrival, I noticed a packet of earplugs on the desk. Strange, I thought. But, as it turns out, enormous garbage trucks hauling and dumping giant dumpsters show up at 2:00 a.m., and the noise continues through the night. The banging and crashing is unbelievable, AND I had the window open because of the heat, which made the sound far worse.

The bed was very comfortable, and the property is in a pretty good location.

Not bad but nothing exceptional
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Queen Double Beds

The air conditioning in our room wasn't functioning. We were given two fans to prevent our room from getting warm and had to crack a window open as well. This was quite disappointing. The bathroom vent didn't seem to be working that well either. It became a furnace inside really quick with the door shut.

Wonderful stay in a comfortable hotel which is a great bargain for the cost.
    • Queen Studio

Staff were friendly and helpful. The room was terrific. Comfortable bed, big tv and couch. The location is excellent, convenient to Georgetown, the Kennedy Center and DuPont Circle.

Very good, with some drawbacks.
    • Queen Studio

The heating system is terrible. Cannot be regulated by room or apparently by staff. The place was almost painfully overheated, both public areas and room. Also most rooms (including mine) face L Street, which is pretty heavily trafficked. Double-paned windows would definitely help, although the hotel provides ear plugs, which were helpful.

Helpful staff, though sometimes no immediate sign of them in lobby. Comfortable bed, good-sized room, very large TV.

Good coffee and friendly atmosphere.
    • King Studio

No climate control and heat at over 80 degrees. No control in individual rooms. Had to keep windows open to get temperature to a somewhat comfortable level and it was 30 degrees outside. Overpriced for what it is.

Good coffee and friendly atmosphere.

Big room and great location for reasonable price
    • Junior Studio

Room could do with a bit of decorating, was not very cosy. We did not receive a receipt after checkout.

The checkin proces was quick, the room was large with a sitting area. Good WiFi, and I liked the free bikes.

It was a good experience and I would like to go back
    • Queen Studio

This room although it was on the quiet side of the hotel, off L street had a full view off only air conditioning units and roof area, you also could not leave the blinds open as the offices from next door looked straight in to the room. May a sheer curtain that allows the light in but allows for privacy can be put up.

The room was very spacious, the fridge and microwave in the room allowed me to keep breakfast items and eat in the room as breakfast is not served here. There was a comfortable couch in the room so that you don’t have to sit on your bed and watch television. A desk allowed you to work without having to sit on your bed. The room had a walk through closet and dressing area and a safe to keep your valuables. The hotel is ideally situated downtown and walking distance from the White House and the other popular sights. The complimentary morning coffee was the best!

We loved the very nice staff. The location was good. The hotel is run down and way too expensive for
    • Business Suite

We did not like the temperature control in the room. It was either freezing or too warm. There were not enough towels in the room. The bed was way too soft. There were very few amenities in the room. I thought the price way too high.

Staff was outstanding! Couldn’t have been nicer

Overrated place
    • Suite with Kitchenette

It's not a proper hotel. Just a lodging house. No breakfast lounge or any other in-house ..the cost was high keeping in view these shortcomings

Location was a plus ...rooms were clean ..