Reviews of The Raleigh Hotel 4 stars

1775 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139, USA

#152 of 390 hotels in Miami Beach

Lovely cozy hotel
    • Premier King Room with Ocean View

No information was provided at the time of booking that the pool facility was under renovation. Nevertheless, once up and running, this is definitely a 9.0.

Very clean. Excellent location. Intimate.

Location very good
    • Superior King Room

Although they provide a fridge, most of the space is taken up with a mini bar which doesn't leave much room for you to put your own things in there. Shame I only had one working light after a power cut one evening! it would have been nice if the cleaners had checked such things and then arranged for maintenance to resolve the issues. Also part of the reason I chose this hotel was because of of the beautiful pool but on check in I was informed that this was out of action until September and that I could use 2 sister hotels! I was extremely disappointed about this and had I been informed when I was making the booking, I would not have chosen this particular hotel as having a pool was important to me! I therefore felt that the price I paid for the room was in fact too high with bare facilities. I felt that it would have been nice to have been offered a discount due the being missold this package.

The bed was huge and amazingly comfortable. The shower was also really lovely and the room was a decent size.

Disapointment.
    • Superior King Room

The pool was closed for renovation and the outside are was pretty much useless...would've been great to get that piece of information beforehand. Very very old rooms that have been refurbished, still smells and feels old.

• Superior King Room

The pool was closed for maintenance which should of been known prior to booking. The hallway and our room was really outdated. We won't be staying here again.

Beautiful hotel, amazing pool, delicious food and very nice cocktails. The beach is a stunner too.
    • Superior King Room

The automatic 18% service charge is a bit absurd, but it seemed to be a standard thing in Miami. I'm happy to tip generously when the service is good, and it was very good, but making it automatic is a bit of a joke. The service industry in the US should cop on and pay their staff fairly as a baseline.

It's a beautiful hotel. Very cool. Like something from a Wes Anderson film.

Beautiful hotel from the Art Deco era. Has a few teething problems but overall great hotel.
    • Superior King Room

We had issues with faulty electrics which we compared about and received s free upgrade. There was also a fashion event in at our pool which no one at the hotel bothered to tell us about and resorted in us leaving the pool to go else where- it would have just been good to know in advance!

Great hotel, clean and comfortable

Beautiful art deco hotel.
    • Superior King Room

The room was a bit noisy, you can hear your neighbors. On saturday they had a dj at the pool which was very loud

Beautiful art deco hotel. The pool is excellent! Room is comfortable, very nice decoration

Mediocre Customer Service
    • Superior King Room

It seems like The Raleigh doesn't really know how to treat its customers. My boyfriend and I had a very short 3 night stay, and the hotel did not do anything to make our stay more comfortable or enjoyable. I don't think it was personal, I just think The Raleigh has poor customer service. I noticed a couple of other guests complaining at the front desk during my stay. First, The Raleigh was supposed to cost about $200/night when I booked it, bringing the total to about $650 for 3 nights. However, as I was going through with the transaction, the hotel kept on tacking on additional charges, like "resort fees", that ended up costing $827 for the 3 nights. Not to mention that, upon check-in, The Raleigh froze $827 on my boyfriend's card for the full stay, and then froze an additional $100 on his card, and $50 on my card. When we asked the lady at the front desk what the reason for this was, she did not know how to answer. Massively inconvenient and unnecessary. On our final night, my boyfriend and I asked the lady at the front desk if we could request a late checkout the following day, as our flight was at 8:30PM. She told us that she could not do anything about it, but that we should wake up at 8AM to speak to the front desk the following morning. I did just as she said, and I was told that all of the late checkouts were "already given out". To be honest, I did not believe that all of the late checkouts were already distributed--I think that The Raleigh was reserving them for the higher-paying guests, who were clearly getting preferential treatment as far as I could tell in other areas of the hotel. The Raleigh didn't try to accommodate us for this major inconvenience. They just sort of shrugged off our problem. We reserved a King Superior room, which was ok, nothing special. Relatively small room, and the bathroom is tiny. The toilet is squeezed up against the wall on one side, so when you sit on it, your leg touches the wall.

The pool was nice, as was the beach. The staff at both the pool and beach were friendly. The folks at the coffee bar were very pleasant, probably the best staff the hotel had to offer.

Watch out for hidden fees and small beds
    • Superior King Room

I didn't like the fact that me and all of my other friends are stayed in other rooms had bigger beds and paid less money than me and I definitely did not like the fact that they charged me with hidden fees after I have left the hotel with a hidden parking fee and also a resort fee of $39 for what

Excellent hotel, highly recommend
    • Superior King Room

Nothing, everything was excellent. I guess bar was a little expensive that was it.

Everything, pool is amazing - really cool restaurant, would stay again for sure.

Great stay at The Raleigh Hotel
    • Superior King Room

I thought having to pay almost $30 per day on top of the standard room charge just for wifi, lounger and towel to be a little excessive. Especially as the beach umbrella was an additional $19 per day on top of that. I understand the whole Art Deco glamour appeal (hey, that's what appealed to me) but the TV in the room could be updated somewhat.

Beautiful, historic Art Deco hotel in a fantastic beach front location. Not as big as other hotels in the area, so feels a lot more personal and relaxed. Standard rooms are fairly small, but very light and stylish. Staff in hotel, poolside and at beach were all very friendly and helpful. Hotel just has a very classy and refined feel to it. One of the biggest bonuses is that the incredible Rosetta Bakery is just a 2 min walk down the road. Best coffee and pastries in South Beach!! All in all, a great stay. Highly recommended and I would absolutely stay at The Raleigh on my next visit to Miami.

Love this place!
    • Superior King Room

Nothing really, it was expensive for one person to pay for 2 nights but the luxury is worth it.

Everything, the pool was amazing, and I had a king suite and the walk in shower was to die for, I want one in my house. The half lounge area was a great bonus too.

The staff were amazing.
    • Superior King Room

The bathroom was small and didn't have a counter or shelf to put your toiletries.

The staff were amazing. Always smiling, friendly, helpful and courteous!!

Below what I expected.
    • Superior King Room

too busy and noisy and crazy so staff are way over stretched.

This is a great old hotel. Has a great pool and bar/restaurant. It is very busy and so its easy to get lost in the barrage of guests. I don't think I'd stay there again, but worth a one time visit.

Super hotel, with wonderful staff and facilities

Super nice hotel, you feel home right away. Fernando Montealegre, the concierge made super good reservations for dinner and other things. Big advantage is that you have everything in walking distance. You do not need a car

Bed was nice,staff was attentive - especially at pool area
    • Premier King Room with Ocean View

Bathroom was a little small - shower head too short. Charge for beach umbrella should be included in resort fee. Bar charged $96 for a round of 4 tequila shots - that is price gouging & way beyond fair!

Bed was nice,staff was attentive - especially at pool area

Very decent hotel.
    • Superior King Room

Beware of additional taxes as well as extra charges for the umbrella on the beach (+19 USD extra per day).

Very decent hotel. Cool pool. Next to beach.

Quintessential Art Deco Miami
    • Superior King Room

We had no issues while we were at the hotel. The only thing to note is the 'normal' rooms are smaller than other North American hotels, but it's important to keep in mind The Raleigh is a lot older than other hotels - and in our opinion - only adds to the charm! Europeans would feel right at home with the room/bathroom size. There is a walk in closet in the normal room and huge dressers so can comfortably put everything away including luggage.

We loved everything! From the vibe, rooms, comfort of bed, pool and beach area - it was everything we were expecting it to be and more! We ventured over to the Fontainebleau thinking we would be blown away and returned (quickly!) to The Raleigh with no hotel envy. Chilled out pool vibes with FAB food at The Raleigh in comparison to the vegas nightmare that was the Fontainebleau.

Always Wonderful Raleigh!
    • Superior King Room

Although the historic quality and details are excellent....the TV's (and cable service) in all rooms & suites must and need to be updated!

Always love the Raleigh....have been staying at Raleigh frequently for almost 20 yrs! In room dining, restaurant and poolside dining is really the best cuisine in south beach!

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

The bar food was good.
    • Superior King Room

The place looks cool, but it's a bit too old and not that comfortable. It should be cheaper, I was expecting way more

The bar food was good. I also loved the 24 hours bar at the reception. Great coffee

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

this is the hotel to stay at. It has everything one could want
    • Superior King Room

nothing bad to say really. Just the cleaning staff was a little annoying but we sorted that out the next morning with the front desk.

the staff was amazing. The best brunch and lunch was at their hotel. Love the pool and the fact that guests get comped at events during music week. Already signed up for next year.

Good Location and Facilities
    • Superior King Room

$15 for 2 coffees is excessive, even for South Beach. Hotel prices are very expensive for what you get, albeit we got a deal of 54% off so we were happy.

Good location, nice pool area, use of hotel beds on the beach are convenient. Staff are friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay again.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Great pool and restaurant but not great rooms
    • Superior King Room

The lobby , restaurant pool area was beautiful but as soon as we went into the rooms they felt a little too vintage . The hallways looked like a prison ward . I love vintage , mid century modern and Art Deco but this place needs a renovation in the rooms and hallways..Would not stay here again but would go for a drink or stay by the pool

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Value for Location A+
    • Superior King Room with Partial Ocean View

Purchased a "partial ocean view," but there was absolutely NO ocean view, bed was a little harder than preferred. Also didn't like the way of taxing which was on purchase plus tip and the tax so we were being taxed on the tip at 18%. In room snacks and drinks outlandishly high so if the goal is to give convenience to the guest I would 1/2 the price.

Location was excellent, food and portions were very good though a little pricey, easy access to beach, walkways, entertainment. Water heat and pressure were excellent, shampoos and soaps were kept up and good quality and the regulation of room temperature by guest was a plus! Pool area and hammocks were sublime!

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Fantastic stay in Miami Beach.
    • Superior King Room

From Mr.Elkin at reception, the gentlemen bellboys and helpful ladies at the cafe - to Maria at guest services, the hotel staff is perfection. The food is outstanding. The hotel is old school elegance and personal. Nothing feels out of place here and there is no excess. The pool is divine and the service on point. After trying so many other places in Miami Beach, this is where I will be staying from now on.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

The common areas are decorated very well.
    • Superior King Room

The beach very was understaffed. The rooms were in keeping with the style of the hotel but something was just missing....The bathroom is very 20's which didn't bother me but the pedestal sink and no storage is hard. All the hallways could use a fresh coat of paint and some new lighting.

The common areas are decorated very well. The pool is amazing. The staff is great. We liked the coffee bar.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Great lobby but room disappointed for the price
    • Superior King Room with Partial Ocean View

I thought that the room was not a good value. Evidence of bad plastering on the ceilings of the room. the hallways although original could have been revived in a respectful way, as they are now they looking very tired.

The staff at the cafe were extremely nice and made a great latte. Front desk employees as well as pool and beach staff were all friendly and helpful. I appreciated how the lobby and rooms have been restored to truly reflect Miami Beach's history.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Thursday nights they have a party night around the pool area...
    • Superior King Room

Although I appreciate the Art Deco decoration of the bedroom i am not a big fan of the beige/brown colour scheme. The parking on site is very expensive but one can use a public car park one block down for less than half the fee.

Thursday nights they have a party night around the pool area so it was busy. I liked the coffee shop in house for good coffee and croissants. Good Art Deco entrance.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

Watch the add-on expenses!
    • Premier King Room with Ocean View

The hidden costs at check in of having to pay for the use of the pool even if swimming was impossible due to bad and cold weather This non refundable expense plus taxes when coupled with having to pay for the Internet meant that there was a large 'extras ' charge to the final bill

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

New Year's stay at the Raleigh
    • Superior King Room

We booked a king bed and had a queen. It was very expensive over the holidays but on par with everything else in the area. We were disappointed the hotel had not planned any event over NYE.

The breakfasts were excellent, the pool was wonderful. The location doesn't get better.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

• Superior King Room

Guys using a stainless key old school but they could be more authentic as are they pretend to being and using a plumbers equipments if you would like to take a shower :))) but honestly 21th century it make to be more contemporary and don't hide your greedy for renovations like its your trademark. Breakfast was like tea or coffee and croissant or muffin . please don't call your feed -FOOD :))) I got 4 days there and changed my planes for one more day before trip. So it means got 2 different bookings. Last Night i had talk with front deck and they told me i might change the room. I prepared my staff next morning it took 1 hr and then i got down with luggage for change my room they said your might stay at your room :(((((( What a surprise! So i took my luggage and went hotel and i came back i found my old room in deplorable state :) Nobody clean it up!

Close to ocean as all surroundings

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Clean, comfortable - but watch out for the extras!
    • Premier King Room with Ocean View

Being charged over $11 for a bottle of water which was not in the mini bar but on the table top, giving the appearance that it was complimentary. And $25 per day compulsory for use of wifi and swimming towels, but as it was blowing a gale never used the pool or beach - so basically for the wifi!

Friendly and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

Excellent service from check in to check out!
    • Superior King Room

Everything was excellent! The room was very nice and sitting by the pool was relaxing. The food was also very good, I ate everything on my plate. I will be coming back.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Great hotel. More attention to detail needed.
    • Superior King Room with Partial Ocean View

Some bits could use with more maintenance. Especially since it's a mid-century look. Any minor scratch on the wall or furniture, or small bit of wall paper peeling off, may make it look like the place is falling apart, even if it's far from it. At that price point though, more attention to detail is expected. Weird how some corridors are renovated and others not. Thankfully, ours was.

It's a great little hotel! Pool is amazing. Rooms are super charming and well equipped. Very comfortable and spacious! Food by the pool is good, albeit overpriced (but that's Miami). I liked how housekeeping came around later in the day, as days always start late in Miami. Loved the bathroom. Also, the evening round was a nice touch. The lobby was rarely busy, which is good when stumbling early in the morning after partying.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Beautiful hotel
    • Premier King Room with Ocean View

The staff were helpful and friendly from the moment we pulled up in the taxi. The coffee bar on site has delicious coffee,green tea, muffins and chocolate chip croissants! The restaurant has a nice lunch and the bartenders make delicious strawberry daiquiris! Our room was ocean view, and a corner so we had two views- beautiful! The hotel is 1940s circa - love it! The pool is amazing and the grounds make you feel as though you are in a tropical paradise! Short walk through the grounds to the back and there's an exit to the beach where helpful staff are waiting to set you up in any of the lounge chairs. We loved our stay here and look forward to returning!

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Raleigh is my thing...
    • Superior King Room

Staff at reception is very slow and very confused. Breakfast is so and so.

I love the swimming pool. Beds are really comfortable. Rooms are quite big and spacious. For breakfast, I suggest to take pancakes: they are amazing. Overall, you get the real Miami in the 50es experience

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Great Value, Lovely Hotel
    • Superior King Room

Nothing really bothered me, it was a great value for the money, but the bathrooms are tight. Furnishings while perfectly good were not "brand new"

I found the beds to be very comfortable. It's a classic Art Deco Hotel - it's OLD, but great. Nice size - not too many rooms. Coffee Bar, Restaurant are great. ATMOSPHERE.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

A bit pricey but good quality; good choice for higher end stay
    • Premier King Room with Ocean View

Nice quiet location but a bit of a hike to most South Beach restaurants. City tour recommended by staff was a big disappointment.

Nice facilities, especially the pool area. Got a good recommendation for dinner that was spot on.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Character and vintage charm.
    • Premier King Room with Ocean View

View from room was great; décor was cool, but the room is not super large or luxurious.

Love the vintage vibe, love the bar under the trees by the pool, the walk down to the ocean and the private seating area out front, hidden from the busy street. Cool to look at all the celebrities who've been here over the years. Great place!

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Waste of money
    • Superior King Room

The hotel is very dated and over priced - It is not a 4 star facility - Dark and depressing and very over priced - Booked 6 nights and checked out after 1 night.

Location is great.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Fun!
    • Superior King Room

Wifi didn't work in my room and staff was rude and unhelpful about this.

It is a very pretty and classic hotel. I felt like I was a part of something historical.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Place to be in south beach.
    • Superior King Room

Rooms are dated and need some updating to keep up with the pricing.

Breakfast and Dinner was very good. Poolarea is one of the nicest places i know. The location is exceptionell. Great staff!

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

A little outdated but still very nice
    • Superior King Room

The facilities could use a total update because everything feels a little outdated like using keys for room entry instead of cards. The floor was a little too noisy. Also they need to add a hot tub or jacuzzi area because a large portion of the property behind the pool was completely empty. The front desk also failed to accommodate the 2 hour late check out genius travelers are supposed to have.

The Raleigh is in an excellent spot on Miami beach and had great beach service. My room had a nice view and had a great ac unit plus a fan which made me very comfortable. The restaurant and room service were very good as well. There are tons of restaurants within walking distance and the Lincoln road mall is just a couple blocks away.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

From best to worst in just a few years
    • Superior King Room

What a shame. Once the coolest hotel on the beach, now a shabby shadow of itself. From the odor of still tacky paint and mothballs at the room entrance, second-rate toiletries, weak shower, door that barely locked, dirty pool area, indifferent, unfriendly staff other than front desk (one member who was loudly trying to convert to evangelicalism the poor girl at the coffee bar), overpriced parking, slow wi-fi, and grubby, poorly lit common areas, the Raleigh has become a fleabag. Someone renovate this place, quickly!

Good value, the pool is still a classic.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Not even water was given for free, plus they charged us for...
    • Superior King Room

Nothing about the room was good totally different from the pictures in booking.com

Not even water was given for free, plus they charged us for breakfast even if we paid for it they keep us waiting for more than an hour just to check with account and return our money back

6.0
    Showy hotel/good for people watching but overpriced and very average service
    • Superior King Room with Partial Ocean View

Very Slow room service/room bed unmade at 4pm Massively overpriced for the quality of service ---

Overall it is a well preserved historic hotel. The pool is great!
    • Superior King Room

The carpeting in the hallways were stained.

Overall it is a well preserved historic hotel. The pool is great.

I wasn't informed that pool was under construction...
    • Superior King Room

I wasn't informed that pool was under construction during Miami Summer. My room was facing the pool construction.

Character in droves!
    • Premier King Room with Ocean View

Fantastic hotel with charm. Not an ultra modern cookie cutter but a property with character and history.

Perfectly placed Art Deco nostalgia that needs some serious love
    • Superior King Room

Empathize there are restrictions for the older buildings and renovations but it is starting to show its age ... badly

Location, Interior, pool area and garden
    • Superior King Room

Staff, some renovation is needed in general, less value for money

Location, Interior, pool area and garden

Attention at the desk.

Attention at the desk.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Very nice room and perfect location.
    • Superior King Room with Partial Ocean View

Breacfast was very poor. For the same price the nearby hotels offer better services.

Very nice room and perfect location.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Great staff, location, pool, service, access to beach.
    • Premier King Room with Ocean View

Only drawback was the small bathroom with no electricity in it.

Great staff, location, pool, service, access to beach.

Great stay at the Raleigh miami

No gym

The pool staff Great

Nice
    • Superior King Room

Old rooms, very noisy, windows could not be opened.

Helpfull & kind staff, nice food, very nice pool area

Love the coffee bar in the lobby, expensive, but good coffee...
    • Superior King Room

Love the coffee bar in the lobby, expensive, but good coffee and pastries.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Art Deco Gem but pool needs attention
    • Superior King Room

Pool needs extensive maintenance.

Wonderful Art Deco Pool Area but it needs attention as it is showing its age and is crumbling in parts.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Basic and felt old
    • Superior King Room

Awful hostess on evening for outdoor seating

Receptionist good.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Great place to stay
    • Superior King Room

One of the pool railings was loose causing my GF to slip n fall.

Bed was real comfy, pool & pool party, food & drinks.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Beautiful garden, great staff, great location
    • Superior King Room

Room was outdated, price for drinks and food very exp at the hotel, Breakfast for 4 around 100 $.

Beautiful garden, great staff, great location

Amazing hotel - highly recommend
    • Superior King Room

Breakfast was very expensive on top of room charge

Location and pool and beach area was amazing

Amazing pool!
    • Superior King Room

Amazing pool! Beautiful Lobby. Great access to the beach. 2 free each chairs as a part of your stay! Very nice staff.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Great stay in an elegant hotel.
    • Superior King Room

The noise level was loud at night.

Food and outside cafe were great.

We love The Raliegh!
    • Superior King Room

We loved everything! The location, the decor, the drinks, the food, the famous swimming pool, EVERYTHING!

Nice colonial resort
    • Premier King Room with Ocean View

Because of the music week, it was very noisy. Reception was always full. You have to wait too long.. 🙁

My room was corner so I really felt myself free

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Great pool
    • Premier King Room with Ocean View

Rooms are dated and small. Can be noisy at times

Great pool

Great staff great stay
    • Premier King Room with Ocean View

Super friendly staff and old school charm

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Good service friendly staff

Good service friendly staff

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Decent reputable hotel but not good value for money
    • Superior King Room

Value for the money: the rooms need updating, so does the pool.

Location, pool, staff, lobby

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

The pool is amazing!
    • Premier King Room with Ocean View

The pool is amazing! I also loved the sitting area in front of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Old School hip feel and atmosphere.
    • Superior King Room

Old School hip feel and atmosphere.

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

Great location and chill vibe.
    • Superior King Room

Decor could use a refresh

Cool chic classic miami vibe. Small boutique hotelis great for solo travelers.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

Genuine elegance on the beach
    • Premier King Room with Ocean View

We love the fact that this hotel is just as it was when it was first built. This place has genuine style and is such an oasis in Miami

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

Pillows and bed not very comfortable pillows too flat and...
    • Superior King Room

Pillows and bed not very comfortable pillows too flat and bed too hard

Browse The Raleigh Hotel traveller photo gallery