Reviews of Ramada by Wyndham Temecula Old Town 2 stars

28980 Old Town Front Street, Temecula, CA 92590, USA

#15 of 19 hotels in Temecula

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Wonderful would like to do it again sometime.
    • Business King Room

Could have had a little more for the price, or cut the price about 50.00 dollars.

This is right next door to Harley Davidson in Old Town Temecula. It was not Loud and there event stopped at 9:00 pm on the money. Downtown shops are a mile. You have Wine Country, and Casinos nearby also. Cant go wrong with a stay here at the Ramada Inn Old Town...

I liked the spacious size of room and location.

I liked the spacious size of room and location. We went to a wedding and location was close to venue and affordable. We took a $10 Uber to wine county so very convenient.The staff was very friendly and check in/out was smooth.

Ripped off.
    • Business King Room

I was told and even signed the contract of $209 for the night at the property. Why am i charged $284? Got my statement thinking of a $209 charge and instead got $284. Very deceiving. Why did i sign off for 209?

There seemed to be something wrong with the plumbing.
    • Business King Room

There seemed to be something wrong with the plumbing. Our room smelled like sewer water. I turned on the sink water to brush my teeth and noticed the smell right away. The water looked clean but there was just a horrible smell coming out of the plumbing. I stayed in room 218. My friends also stayed in the same hotel so my boyfriend and I had to go to their room until the smell went away and we just did not use the sink again after that

Overall good experience.
    • Standard Queen Room

The breakfast was in a very small crowded room and consisted of waffles (only 1 waffle maker), cereal and juice/coffee. There's a taco shop right in front of the hotel, if I stay there again, I'll opt for the taco shop.

Room was nice, staff was very friendly parking was easy, and the bed was comfy.

The room was clean, beds were comfortable and location was...

It was noisy however that has more to do with the clientele and not the property itself. A few ants were spotted on the wall and three times I killed an ant on myself. The bathroom was very small.

The room was clean, beds were comfortable and location was perfect for getting to Farmer's Market. The pool and jacuzzi were easily accessed

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Comfortable and Nice

Since we got there we had trouble with our key card. Every time we would use it to get back in the room it did not work so we had to get a new one.

I liked the size of our room, I loved how soft and comfy the beds were. The staff were really nice and helped us whenever we needed them. The room was super clean and very spacious that all our stuff fit just right. They had a good amount of towels and washcloths. The breakfast area and food was really nice! The pool was clean and we had a nice time out there with our boys.

I was in Temecula to attend a wedding and the room served its purpose
    • Standard Queen Room

When I checked in I asked about either AAA or AARP discount and was told it wasn't accepted when booking online.

It was clean and quiet. The breakfast was good.

Perfect for a quick night out.

Pool closes at 9

Perfect. Place was clean, walking distance to everything in old Town. Offered a free late check-out, or you could pay $35 to stay 4 extra hours. Which is great because we wanted to go to the pool.

Staff, location and amenities were on point.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff, location and amenities were on point. The room was clean and well stocked. I was very happy with the overall stay and would come back here again.

Sad! And not inexpensive in the least! They should return our monies. We won’t stay again.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Upstairs room was like a herd of buffalo all nite. We complained many times and nothing was done. We finally just went to sleep because we could not enjoy a conversation. Sad when I just needed to relax after a surgery!

Quick access to room

Overall very happy.

Everything was good

Overall very happy. Definitely clean at the time of our stay. Check in and out was quick and easy We were there for an event in the are and it just sucks to pay so much for a hotel when you really just need a few hrs to rest 😆. I’m would recommend based on the good experience we all had, location, cleanliness and good service at the front desk.

All in all it was one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in and I would never recommend it.
    • Standard Queen Room

The walls are paper thin and you can hear everything from the people in the next room to the cars on the freeway. The bathroom door opens up into the toilet and the bathroom itself is so narrow that you have to shimmy your way in. The queen size bed was not a true queen and was actually a bit smaller than a full. It made for an extremely uncomfortable nights sleep for two people.

Absolutely nothing

I stayed at this ramada because i was coming with some...
    • Standard Queen Room

They told the front desk but apparently housekeeping and maintenance had already left and that nothing could be done. They were told they could speak with the manager the next morning. When they spoke with the manager the next morning, her name was Janet did not have the courtesy of coming out of her office (because she was doing laundry) to speak with my friends they had to speak to her on the phone. What kind of service is that. They need to have better customer service when helping guest. Other than that, it was ok for a one night stay. I believe because there was alot going on in Temecula that weekend, the rates were higher.

I stayed at this ramada because i was coming with some friends and wanted to stay in the same hotel. Unfortunately, their room was not satisfactory. When you walked into the room it had a smell like there was either a sewer problem or a water problem.

The room was really nice size there where restaurants in...
    • Standard Queen Room

I thought that the free breakfast lacked variety of choices could use more. But it was okay

The room was really nice size there where restaurants in walking distance of the hotel which is nice if you don't want to drive anywhere.

Large clean room located conveniently for old town Temecula and visiting the wineries.
    • Standard Queen Room

The fridge was noisy and we had to unplug it at night because it was disturbing our sleep.

The room was larger than many we have stayed in and was very clean. We were within walking distance of the centre of old town Temecula. The breakfast was simple but adequate and plentiful.

Excellence stay. And you must try the little Mexican food place a cross the parking lot.

Nothing at all.Everything was perfect.!!

The staff was very friendly the room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable !!! and I'm a big girl.

Good
    • Standard Queen Room

We changed rooms, the first room #239 that was given to Us smell " heavy tabacco smell" . After that all was good

Check in & check out was nice and easy. Front desk leadership was good.

I liked the stay check in and out was a breeze.
    • Standard Queen Room

The bed could have been a bit more comfortable and the couch looked really old our remote for the tv wasn’t working properly and the furniture needs modern updating (furniture was just stained and bruised)

I wasn’t able to use my triple aaa discount which was a disappointment.

The room and facilities were very clean and comfortable.
    • Standard Queen Room

The room and facilities were very clean and comfortable. I felt this was a bargain, convenient to down town. I left some clothing hanging in the room, the staff was very helpful and had the items delivered to me at home. The staff recommended a restaurant next door that turned out to be fabulous, good food and entertainment far beyond expectations!

The price was pretty high and because of the name, I...
    • Business King Room

The price was pretty high and because of the name, I expected it to be in the middle of Old Town, it was not. I expected to be able to walk to the shops from the room but you cannot.

I really loved this place. Super friendly staff! Will come back!
    • Standard Queen Room

The only complain I had was its right next to a Harley Davidson place which was a little noisy but it wasn't bad. Just expect extra motorcycle noises

One of the best beds I've ever slept in

I was very dissa
    • Standard Queen Room

The pillows were nice and the bedding was clean

There wasn't enough food in the morning for the guest. They sold bottles of water from COSTCO for an inflated rate of money. The snacks that they also sold were way overpriced the staff wasn't very friendly. I was surprised on how outdated the room furnishings were.

Good location, but unfortunate situation

Not a lot of parking and tight area for covered entry. No water available next morning. Apparently city shut water off on block without notifying businesses. No discount or compensation offered for huge inconvenience.

Close to event, lots of dining options & stores nearby

It's was fast service.

It's was fast service. We got in late. There was no problem with checking in. The breakfast was great. The place was nice and clean. Staff was supper helpful. And the coffee was great too.

Staff need some extra training on customer service. We will return though and hopefully see a differ
    • Standard Queen Room

We felt the staff were not as helpful or friendly as usual. The young man who used to be there was so much more friendly. We have stayed many times over the past few years and weeks before asked for THREE rooms away from roadside but we didn't even get an apology from the new staff when they weren't available. We certainly didn't feel valued customers.

Good comfortable rooms at a reasonable price.

We really liked the breakfast and that the staff was...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We really liked the breakfast and that the staff was constantly replenishing anything that went low. My wife enjoyed the color scheme of the room.

It was ok but would have liked it quiet after 10 pm
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

When I arrived back to go to sleep, a customer was loud on her phone outside my door. I called front desk but nothing was done. Later a group of youths were loud outside my door until 2:00 am - didn’t sleep well

Easy parking payment and room

I would stay here again, even if the breakfast was a disappointment

The breakfast was not great. No eggs either day, and they did have some not so savory looking sausage patties. The coffee was terrible. Real butter instead of cold margarin packets for the waffle would be nice. But the actual waffles were fantastic. I wouldn't stay here if breakfast is your perk!

Beautiful location and clean. Friendly staff.

Winery Wedding Weekend...fun!
    • Standard Queen Room

No complaints. Maybe a fridge and microwave in room would be nice.

Room size, firmness of bed, cleanliness of room and property, location, proximity to shopping centers.

The perfect place to stay in Temecula if you're not interested in resort or winery prices.
    • Standard Queen Room

The Ramada Inn provided exactly what we had hoped, a moderately priced place to stay that was near an event I was participating in. Great location, very comfortable rooms and a good breakfast. Nothing fancy, but perfect for our visit.

Great!
    • Standard Queen Room

For being a Ramada the cost of the room could've been slightly less, but all in all it was still good value considering it is Temecula.

Really clean and roomy place

Never again!!!
    • Business King Room

The staff was rude, and seemed moody and uninterested in being there. The facility was horrible and definitely not worth over $200 a night which is what we had to pay!! Spending so much money for 3 nights stay was absolutely ridiculous. There is no closet, just a metal rod out of the wall where you can hang stuff. It is also located next to Harley Davidson so you hear blaring music and motorbikes starting early in the morning! It is not a quiet facility!

Needs a huge upgrade
    • Standard Queen Room

Could be cleaner still looked dirty Old outdated chipped furtniture Little tv that wasnt even centered to the bed and was mounted crooked Bed was hard and uncomfortable

Staff was very nice. Close to wineries restaurants old town temecula. Lots to do around you.

we thoroughly enjoyed our time in Temecula & the wineries!
    • Business King Room

We enjoyed the food at Mad Madeallin's & the "Swing Inn Café". Enjoyed seeing the wineries & the wine tasting at Ponte' Winery.

Proximity to hospital and access and price were my priorities. Ok for that, otherwise very average.

appearance of significant amounts of water on bathroom floor from undetermined source following flushing of upstairs toilet. Marginal response from staff to issue, but finally resolved.

breakfast average. proximity to hospital was important to me. Proximity to old town would be important to some.

Disappointing!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Had to come back 3 times before I could check in, computer down then 2 nd Times couldn’t take credit card system was messed up and wanted 200$ in cash finally 3 rd time back at 9 pm got a room. Breakfast sausage is pretty gross not even sure it was meat.

Room are clean, location is excellent!
    • Standard Queen Room

We arrived late and outside is very cold. The male receptionist did not consider to let us in while doing the paperwork until we asked him to let us in.

Room are clean, location is excellent!

Unfortunately had to evacuate my house in Vista but found this very nice hotel to ease my mind.
    • Standard Queen Room

There was nothing I can say I didn't like, place was clean and organized and rooms were very nice. Keep up the good work!

Great night sleep and very quiet place. Bed was very comfortable. Check in was easy even though the place was packed they took care of me in a very timely manner. Booking online is the best thing to do.

For this particular trip, hotel was a good choice for the money and our first visit to this area
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

would not offer early check-in without added fee and would not take luggage before room ready

microwave and fridge in room. lots of eating places closeby

The area was nice. Room could have been better for the price.
    • Business King Room

i didn't like finding our smoke detector covered with a shower cap and having two syringes stuck in it. we called front desk and the lady came and took it down. we didnt get an apology or any other reassurance from the staff.

I liked how close it was to the old town area.

Old Town adjacent
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Nothing bad to say. Not luxurious, but a clean, reasonable hotel to stay at. Would definitely use it again next time we are in Temecula.

It was clean and so convenient being adjacent to Old Town.

Very disappointed!

Our rug was soaking wet, there was hair in the bathtub and the breakfast was nowhere near what was expected , I wish I would’ve thought to take pictures but I didn’t know there would be a survey with a place to attach pictures to

At booking.com I believe they said it was the fresh made and served to order breakfast and it was waffles and cereal and hard-boiled eggs in the front lobby

I tried three times to reserve over the phone;

I tried three times to reserve over the phone; but the wait every time I call was over 10 minutes. Staff was not helpful at all when asked if I could use my AAA discount if available.

It was great!

don't know of anything

breakfast was great selection - and everything was clean. the receptionist were extremely helpful - looking up stuff and getting directions to the wedding venue

If not for the easy accesss to the fwy we would not stay at the old town ramada again

The only fruit the Ramada provided for breakfast was bananas and not everyday either. Wish they had a wider selection of fruits like the Comfort Inn in Murrieta. Also, not having scrambled eggs, bacon, or cheese for breakfast was certainly a down side for us. Furthermore, the kitchen staff were very unpleasant, never willing to greet you with 'Good Morning.' Asking them for my fav camomile tea took them a while just to have them say we ran out, smh! The receptionist was not very helpful when we needed change for the laundry room. She sent us to the gas station down the street which in turn had no change also. Nonetheless, The Comfort Inn in murrieta always had change for their guest to use the washer and dryer.

Our greatest highlight of the Ramada was watching the sunset from the balcony overlooking the mountains.

Basic but comfortable, location of air conditioning awkward...

Breakfast was crap, coffee like dishwater

Basic but comfortable, location of air conditioning awkward as person next to it felt the cold more than person on other side

Went to sleep in a great bed, it was quiet and we all felt safe
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

We opted out on the breakfast. It appeared a little tired especially the sausage. Maybe a little more fresh options with some eggs!

Bed was fluffy and comfortable. staff was friendly and helpful without being overbearing

I DID NOT like the extra $50 hold fee that was asked for...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I DID NOT like the extra $50 hold fee that was asked for after I had paid the room fee. I have booked reservations through booking.com before and have never paid any kind of hold fee. Even though the hold fee was returned, I was not aware of this until I checked in.

Dissappointed
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

While the facility was very nice I felt very uncomfortable because it didn't look like the sheets were changed. The sheet still had impression of the matteress design from being slept on. Still gives me the shudders. Will travel with my own sheets after this experience.

Would not stay here again.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The location wasn't great. Indicated Old Town but not near anything. Paid way too much for this run down place. The free breakfast wasn't very good. When we asked if we could check in early they said there was a 20 fee to check in early. I asked if the room was ready and they said yes, so what the heck is the fee for? I already paid 250 for less than 24 hours in the room and you can't even let me in the room if it is ready?

The bed was comfortable.

Ants Galore

The ants. Lots of them. The bathroom floor had dead ants around the edge of the wall. For the price of the room we shouldn't have had ants.

What eggs? There were two trays of sausage, but no eggs. The facility was close to where I needed to be.

You can here the people in the next room.
    • Business King Room

There wasnt a anything i did like about it. Complete waste of money

You can here the people in the next room. The room smells. Booking.com offered a smoking room yet they dont have them. Staff was unfriendly. Sink drain was clogged.the bed made a noise everytime you moved.

Decent stay, comfortable beds

Transients lurking in the parking lot which scared my friend and I. We had to call the front desk to make them aware of the homeless that was in the parking lot right by our room. I went out to my car and was startled by a schitzophrenic man who was talking to himself and started talking to me. I ran into my room and he continued to talk to me and follow behind me. Also, there was a dirty cleaning towel left behind the bathroom door on the floor and there wasn't ANY soap at the sink. We had to stop the maid down a few doors to let her know about the dirty cleaning towel left behind and also to provide us with some soap.

Nice rooms and comfortable beds, however, we were sleeping when all of the sudden the landscapers started with their blowers right outside our door for at least 15 minutes. That was very annoying and rude. Also, it would have been courtesy for the front desk people to mention that there is a complimentary breakfast in the morning as I was checking in. I was checking out and smelled breakfast and it was then that I saw the kitchen area which was already closed. :(

The room was great!

The pool was inaccessible and there was no mention of this in the booking. The continental breakfast is pretty lackluster and the coffee is not good. Not as close to oldtown as we thought but great access to the freeway.

The room was great! Clean and roomy. The staff is friendly.

Clean and Adequate!

We asked for a room on the first floor because my mom used a walker and there was no elevator. They gave us a 2nd floor room and the clerk told us she didn't think there were any vacant rooms on the 1st floor. She found one when I mentioned going somewhere else.

I liked the cleanliness of the room and that there was a refrigerator & microwave. The continental breakfast was satisfactory. The location was a short distance to the casino.

Pleasantly Comfortable
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Why is there no place to rest the soap in the shower ?? Had to put it (soap) on top of the folding seat for handicap at the other end of the shower.

Location of the room was conveniently next to the front desk office / ground floor so no stairs to climb. The breakfast included was a good assortment (food & refreshments). It was a quiet evening so no problem getting a good sleep. First time to stay there and we would do it again !! Room was not too big - not too small.

Overall excellent, I would stay again, for more than a night.
    • Standard Queen Room

Everything was clean and comfortable, I like the actual bathroom separated from sink and mirror. The TV picture was clear, not a lot noise from neighbors, and I slept very well, so the bed was comfortable. I was amazed there was a refrigerator and microwave, they came in handy.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Great place to stay - not walking distance to town - but a quick drive and found lots of spaces

eggs with breakfast -

The breakfast was good - weird not to have any eggs to go with the sausages - they did have a waffle maker, lots of other goodies, but again they should have some scrambled eggs or some type of eggs to go with the breakfast sausage - - - coffee and all other goodies were fine!!

Temecula Stay

I didn't care for the location or size of the pool .

The location was great. We could easily get to the wineries and Old Towne. Really enjoyed our dinner at 1909 restaurant and walking around town was very nice too. The front desk clerk was very helpful.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

We didn't realize the Ramada Old Town wasn't in Old...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We didn't realize the Ramada Old Town wasn't in Old Town, but we enjoyed walking from the Ramada to Old Town and back three times in two days.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Awesome place
    • Standard Queen Room

Can hear the shower from rooms next to you.

This is he second time I've stayed here. Very clean and close to Old Town. Continental breakfast was amazing! Although we think my husband got sick from the sausage, he still went back for more though ahaha great place. Will def be staying here again

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

Room has everything you need and more, everything works, it's clean and people are super!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Location is walking distance to Old Town, but it's not a pleasant walk (commercial area).

Excellent value for price paid - basic motel property, but extra amenities beyond what I expected (breakfast included more than usual continental items and in a pleasant social space; room included many extras - microwave, refrigerator, ironing board). Very pleasant staff, easy parking, and an enjoyable Mexican restaurant and bar just next door (they had line dancing class the night I was there)

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

It was a decent place for the money...but keep an eye on the maid!
    • Standard Queen Room

The maid threw away a few of my personal items they were missing from my room. I asked the maid for extra towels and coffee and it was like pulling teeth to get them And two nights in a row I had to make a couple trips to the front desk because my key wouldn't work when I came back from being out for the day!!very frustrating

The location was exactly where I needed to be and the continental breakfast was good. Could a use hard boil eggs EVERY DAY and bigger coffee cups but it was good

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Freeway sounds was very disturbing
    • Standard Queen Room

The hotel Location is too close to close to the 15 freeway noise.

Staff were nice and friendly. Room was clean and breakfast was better than we expected! Coffee and waffles was awesome

I will not stay ever again!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

One staff member got in an argument with me over some orange juice. I was standing out in the cold and my boyfriend got sick and needed juice. I was told I could get breakfast at 6 am. It was about 6:11 that I came to the front counter in my night gown standing out in the cold asking could she please let me in. Now mind you, I told her point blank it was an emergency. We ended up with her telling me off and me arguing back with her. Truly Truly unprofessional!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I liked the location. Since it was close to the wineries I have a membership with, the location was perfect.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

We loved the beds & the rooms!

No crescents! No eggs! Boo! No microwave in dining room to heat the muffins & pastries!

Sausages were good! Waffles were good! Muffins & pastries were good!

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Horible front desk staff and no manager??
    • Standard Queen Room

The girl working front desk both evening that we stayed their was so rude and terrible a real jerk she ruined our entire experience if hotel had friendly kind staff i would give 5 stars both days asked to talk to manager but lady said she could not find her ?? So no manager for 2 days ?????

The girl working front desk both evening that we stayed their was so rude and terrible a real jerk she ruined our entire experience if hotel had friendly kind staff i would give 5 stars also funny both days asked to talk to manager but lady said she could not find her ?? So no manager for 2 days ?????

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Great stay at Old Town Temecula Ramada Inn.
    • Standard Queen Room

Nothing. Everything was good. Have stayed at this location several times.

Room was perfect. Great price and location! Close to freeways, shopping and restaurants in Old Town. I felt very safe.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Disappointed
    • Standard Queen Room

No trash bags in bins, blanket was thin andno comforters. Ac was filthy. All night, there was noise, and they charged extra for late check out.

It was close to my work

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

Not Happy with Stay, will choose a different place for my next trip
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The refrigerator didn't work, got cold the next morning right before we left. The room smelt like cigarettes, even though they said no smoking. The pool was too cold to get into. They took our $50. Deposit and it's still not back in our account. The staff in office not pleasant!

The jacuzzy

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Better off somewhere else
    • Standard Queen Room

It is dirty and smells musty. The sheets were not very clean and it was awfully expensive for one night. I would not stay there again. It also felt very unsafe.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

ease of parking in proximity to room
    • Standard Queen Room

it was rather noisy due to it's close proximity to the freeway, we could hear when the room next to and above was running the shower, making it difficult to sleep. The room rate was high!

ease of parking in proximity to room

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Good place for an overnight stay
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom could be bigger. Very tight/cramped space.

Stayed over night since I drove from L.A. for a bday wine tasting weekend with my boyfriend. Location for me was good since restaurants/bars were a 3 minute drive away. It's your typical hotel, nothing fancy. Just a good place to lay your head. The room was clean, toiletries were well stocked, and the bed was amazingly comfortable. It was 9 am the next day and I did not want to get up. I wasn't looking for anything fancy, just a place to stay the night. I got that here. I will say though, it is pricey in my opinion but nothing I'll be doing on the regular so I can overlook that. Staff was a basic/generic "friendly" but I'm an in and out type of person so I don't pay much attention to that. Overall, great place to stay 1 night but I'm sure there are much better places out there. If you're not picky, then this is the place for you.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Stinky

When we got to our room the door and window was wide open and the room smelled like cigarette smoke. the smell was in the towels and the sheets.

I like how close to old town it is.