Reviews of The Redbury New York 4 stars

29 East 29th Street, NoMad, New York, NY 10016, USA

#261 of 419 hotels in New York

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Fine as a base but some problems need addressed.

Prior to my stay, I enquired with the hotel regarding payment as booking.com had advised I'd pay at the hotel. However, the hotel took the payment as soon as I made the booking. I was told that no payment was due except for a facilities fee and the security hold on my credit card. I challenged the facilities fee since the price on booking.com said all fees included and this was resolved prior to my stay. Lighting was poor in the room. There was a single ceiling fixture that wasn't above the main part of the room and two lamps which didn't feel like enough at times. As far as I could see, there was no information from the hotel about the amenities in the room (only a menu for room service and a channel list) though I'd read that 2 bottles of water were supposed to be complimentary per day. I used one on my final morning before check out and think I've been charged (I'm in the process of querying two charges that have been placed on my card since, as far as I'm aware, I haven't used anything that would lead to a charge). The only other problem is from noise from construction directly opposite the hotel. At least this forced me out of my room early enough to see as much of New York as possible.

My stay at the Redbury was fine as a base for doing some sight-seeing. The room was compact but fine for a solo traveller. I was given a room on the top floor which meant I had less noise from other guests. The cleanliness of the room was fine and the bed was comfortable. The TV was massive as well.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Nice stay at Manhattan during a conference
    • Standard Queen Room

The construction site opposite the hotel starts at 7AM. Really loud AC. 2 bottles of water that were supposed to be included in the resort fee were never in the room. Still have not sent me the receipt for my stay, which I require for billing purposes!!!

Comfortable bed Nice room Clean Great location, walking distance to Penn station from where the LIRR trains go to and from JFK airport. Provide luggage storage

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

A very satisfactory stay

Concierge lady - most of the staff were friendly, however I think the concierge lady need some serious talking to. It is not nice to make guests feel like a nuisance if even you think so - that was a shame and on my last day too. Bathroom floor slippery (some mould). Dusty but its Manhattan so understandable.

This hotel was very good. A nice hotel right in the middle of everything, and looked like a period property too. Ample social areas in the hotel – restaurant, bar, cafe and a lounge area to just sit and read (if it’s not closed-off for an for event). Most of the staff were friendly. A special thank you to the check-in lady who extended my late-checkout until 2.00 – much appreciated. Not so much for the male staff who made a huge deal of my late-checkout until he got a tip. Overall, the great location makes up for any deficiencies.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Perfect location in a beautiful building!

The lighting in the bedroom was not great by the bed and the bedroom was tiny!!

Lovely hotel in a great location. Easily accessible to walk everywhere and near a handy subway station. The staff were friendly and happy to help. Free coffee in the bar in the morning was a bonus!

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Good value for location

The construction noise across the street is extremely loud, VERY early. The bathrooms are tiny.

The location was central to everything. And the pizza in Marta is delicious!

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Very comfortable and convenient place to stay in NYC

Bellhop was a little rude (other staff excellent and very pleasant). Would be good if there was an electric socket closer to the bed (one behind the bed was difficult to reach).

Room and bed were very comfortable. Lots of storage space and good air-conditioning. Wifi was good (but faster speeds not free). Bathroom and shower excellent. Breakfast in cafe was delicious though a little expensive (free tea/coffee great idea though). Easy to get to major attractions. Overall, exceeded my expectations.

Not impressed - would not recommend

There were cockroaches in my bathroom and bugs in the room (I woke up with a bite in my finger) and the AC didn’t work. When I told staff they told me there was nothing they could do the first night. Then upon complaining again they gave me a new room for my second night but made out like they were doing me a favour ‘upgrading’ me. I didn’t want an upgrade, simply room that was clean and bug / cockroach free. The 2nd room was nice but over all disappointing hotel experience.

Well located for getting around the city.

The location was really good
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pillows they were to chunky or fat, my head was up, my neck hurt me the next day, I could not sleep well I was not comfortable with the pillows

The location was really good

Wasn’t up to expectations, I think they’re still trying to figure things out since it’s a new hotel.

Get ready to be extra charged for your room. There system doesn’t recognize online pre paid bookings from booking.com or hotwire etc so it double charged for your room. Was charged $220 and then another $200 extra for both days of my stay.

The staff

A good hotel, well worth a look

More help with setting up wi fi, maybe an explanation sheet in each room. What about adding a fitness room with some running machines ?

Very good shower. Marta Restaurant very good. Complimentary coffee good as well

Fab base altogether!
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Great location and facilities with restaurant, coffee bar and bar on site all with good ambience. Liked internal Art Deco decor but felt rooms a little on the small size.

The air conditioned was too noisy.
    • Deluxe Suite

The air conditioned was too noisy. The noise at the street was too high inside the room, because the windows where not isolating properly the noise, taking into consideration were the hotel is and the price it has I paid for a room for 6 people, and the two beds were smaller than queen size. The sofa bed size was correct.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

great location comfy room very art deco

cheaper beer lol drip coffee was a little weak in cafe but food was nice

very comfy hotel excellent location great ammenities I would def reccomend this hotel even the size of room didn't bother me because who stays in room in NYC

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Boutique Mid-Century Charm
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Smoky smell in hall. I believe itwas from incense. They seemed to be doing work on the place with wood laiddown on the floor.

Ultra friendly and helpful staff, decor,ambience. Bed was super comfy. Big bathroom.

The decoration is outstanding, the staff is extra nice and...

The room was a little bit small, but i travelled alone so I haven't really needed a huge one anyways, can't really say anything that I didn't like, this is the only thing that comes to my mind.

The decoration is outstanding, the staff is extra nice and helpful. Their coffee is lovely in the morning.

Stylish in a great location-close enough but away from the hubbub
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The taxes!! The garbage men taking almost an hour to collect teh rubbish at 2 1.m which kept me awake, plus the noisy air con

The style, the location opposite some great local restaurants.

Good location, very friendly personnel, nice big rooms.

The double beds are queen size and small for 2 people

Good location, very friendly personnel, nice big rooms. Try the restaurant, the pizza is excellent

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Hoping solo better again
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Redbury hotel suffer of old windows (noise la high in the hotel area due to a new building construction). I also think that a 4 starred hotel might have a wider and better finished bathroom.

Good position to visto NYC

Comfy and central location.
    • Standard Queen Room

There wasn’t anything in particular, it’s not really a complaint however the hallways need a little bit of a lift.

When we arrived the wait was a little long but we didn’t mind as we were upgraded to a bigger room, which was amazing. I’m so glad we were upgraded as we were there for 6 nights with big bags and it just wouldn’t have been manageable in one of the smaller rooms. The bed was super comfy, the shower was unreal and the cleaning staff on our floor was so lovely. Recommend booking in to the restaurant too, the pizza is brilliant! The hotel couldn’t be in a better location, so central. The free coffee downstairs is an added bonus, you can get it takeaway. Would definitely stay here again.

The location is convenient.
    • Standard Queen Room

The housekeeping staff walked into our room twice in one morning, despite having the “do not disturb” sign on the knob. I asked for utensils to be brought up, and had to call down 2x to get it. Tried to call down to the front desk and got the voicemail 3x.

The location is convenient.

Fantastic location, clean and quite fancy!

Bed was creaky! Air conditioning was loud. Breakfast choice was poor in the buffet section.

Comfortable, clean and furnished to a high standard. Ambiance.

An example of overpromise and underdeliver.
    • Standard Queen Room

One of the most upsetting thing I found are the fees that are almost 40USD per night. It is true that is stated on Booking that fees are not included but I found them too high for what you get. Booking is showing you an estimate of the total price + taxes + service fees but it was a surprise when the bill came and showed much higher amount than what we expected. Secondly, staff was not very friendly, i didn't feel welcome here, we spent three nights with my wife but we'll never go back. Last but not least, the room wasn't clean and our linen had also a hole. Not recommended.

Location is great!

We really enjoyed our stay at the Redburry.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Single Beds

The room is really small for two people.

Great location. Charming retro ambiance. Excellent Italian restaurant and creative breakfast. The room is quite small but the bathroom very bright and spacious.

Worst hotel experience!
    • Standard Queen Room

Worst hotel experience! Check-in was a joke, we were not greeted, nor given any information on the hotel. The guy took around 10mins for programming the keys and would not say one word to us in the meantime. When we got to the room, there was a black pubic hair on the toilet. We decided to complain as this was one thing too much. When we tried to call reception we could only get to a mailbox and leave a message??? So we had to go back downstairs. When complaining we did not hear one ‚sorry‘ or ‚our bad‘. It seems like those things happen a lot at the hotel. They would not give us an upgrade because they were ‚fully booked‘. Also, the next day we were woken up early by the cleaning ladies having a nice loud and long chat in front of our room. When I exited the room they greeted me and then continued their conversation. Conclusion: service = 0. Highly disrecommend this place!

I enjoyed my stay...i will definitely use the hotel again

The only challenge i had was that the regular wifi that comes with the room payment wasn't strong enough. You have the option to buy two other stronger wifi options. I didn't plan to buy since it was already indicated that wifi comes with room payment

Hotel is clean and comfortable,friendly/helpful concierge, receptionists and manager.Great location pretty close to empire state building, penn station and Herald Square.Overall great experience.

Not worth the price - there are nicer hotels with better facilities and staff for the same price

Service was terrible - when I arrived for check in, I was literally asked for a credit card and given a room key. No welcome, no explanation of where any facilities were or where to get breakfast in the morning. Later during my stay they did not replenish my toiletries, I had to ask 3 times for some more shower gel to be sent up. A 4 star hotel supposedly? Staff are not helpful when asking for recommendations or advice on travelling around in New York. Rooms are very small - even for New York. And bear in mind - in addition to the taxes included in the booking.com prices, you will be charge a facilities fee per night (ironic because they literally have no facilities in this hotel, be it gym, buffet breakfast, pool or anything else) that IS NOT STATED anywhere. The receptionist even told me that it is not written anywhere and people only find out on check out... nice surprise.

The location was great - the only pro.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Excellent!
    • Standard Queen Room

I missed the breakfast setup when Martha served breakfast. like omelet or more proteine choices. Happy to have a working AC but extremely noisy!

The overall ambiance, friendly staff, clean room and feeling of safety. The coffee in the cafe is the best and the staff in the cafe is friendly and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

A lovely ambience to the hotel.
    • Standard Queen Room

Our standard room had very noisy air conditioning which you couldn’t switch off as the outside temperature was far too hot in August.

A lovely ambience to the hotel. Location in mid town was very convenient. Special room for my daughter who was celebrating her 30th.

Very good

Location and coziness

Quiet for NYC. Close to all important turistic attractions. Accesible to transportation. Very good location if you do not mind walking a bit. Friedly stuff, very clean. We had a great time. A bit of a bigger fridge would be good.

Good value for money, clean and convenient.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was smaller than imagined and dimly lit. Corridors were also very dark and the carpet (although newish) was rucked and could have been a trip hazard.

Good value for money, clean and convenient.

Don’t think will book it again
    • Standard Queen Room

The staff approach, because we were traveling with kids, hence wanted rooms together but they allocated us on two different floors, very inconvenient and my wife was worried about it

Very centrally located

All the staff are very help, one day morning I had an issue...

All the staff are very help, one day morning I had an issue about Uber to the airport. The lady with red long hair helped me a lot on this, I really appreciate her help and service. Another staff Matt provided excellent advise on NYC itinerary. He is so passionate about his job. All staffs are very impressive.

Broken Air Conditioning. Rude Staff. No Business Lounge.
    • Standard Queen Room

They allocated a room - the air conditioning did not work at all. They moved us to another room - the air conditioning did not work again! By then we realized - the hotel does not have central air conditioning in any of the rooms. The room has a work table, but no chair. Hotel does not have a business lounge. The common lounge often has events - so guests are not permitted access to it. That made it quite difficult to plugin and work either in the room or in the common areas. Some of the front desk staff is quite rude. No gym / health-club. Half the room is not accessible to you as the bed is wall-to-wall (with little room to navigate). I wouldn't recommend using this for a business or a family leisure trip. Given the inconveniences, a week later we decided to move to another hotel in mid town.

The staff at the cafe were friendly and very accommodative of our requests for a vegetarian breakfast. We appreciate them going out of the way. The coffee in the cafe is great. Convenient mid-town location.

Never again, Redbury, NEVER!
    • Standard Queen Room

On my first day there were no towels and no soap in my room. I first requested it after check in and they said that the truck carryng the towels was stuck in traffic. Happens. I left and came back at six, there still were no towels, - they said the truck is still in a jam. I went out and got back at 9 - same story. They gave me the towels at 11-30 PM. I do understand what's a NYC traffic but I do not believe that truck can get around for 9 hours, sounds silly. I did not get a SINGLE apologize for 4 times I chased them. This is not what I expected from the 300 dollars/night stay. And using pillows instead of towels is definitely not something you want after 13 hours journey. I gave my stuff to the laundary and I was expecting to get it back to my room, but nobody brought it in time. I went to the desk and asked for it, they gave me the package that contained only half of my stuff, that made me going back another time. The window was fluttered during all whole 3 nights stay. The room itself was not tidy, I had somewhat brown on the bathroom door near the handle. I moved the tray with drinks out of the table (because table is so tiny and tray is so big so it occupies one third of the table) and it was very dusty under the tray. You can hear everything what is happening in the rooms next to yours. It smells with some aroma soooo bad on the floor, so you want to run from the elevator to your room every time. After first night my colleague asked me to give her shampoo as she ran out of her's, what I did. Nobody placed new shampoo into my room. Is there a room service at all? This was really 3 nights survival, never again, Redbury!!

Nothing this time.

The bed was really comfortable and the location is perfect.
    • Standard Queen Room

The central AC wasn't working and a small window unit was used instead. It was very noisy and didn't seem to be doing the best job-- according the thermostat in the room, it was between 77 and 76 degrees F even tho the temp reading on the unit said 69. The hotel had also overbooked our rooms the first night and we had to stay in a different hotel the first night. Considering Id' called ahead to let them know we'd be arriving past midnight and to hold them, this seemed very unprofessional. The replacement hotel was very nice and we were comped the cost of the first night (though still had to pay the facilities fee and taxes), but the hassle of checking out and checking back in again wasn't appreciated particularly for a business trip. The staff was very apologetic and accommodating but overall I don't think I'd stay there again.

The bed was really comfortable and the location is perfect. Very convenient to all parts of midtown and Union Square. Had a nice quiet room that wasn't looking out on the street which was really nice. The decor is lovely and charming. I did not try the restaurant or bar downstairs but they were always busy and smelled very good. The room was very clean.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Very average or even perhaps less than
    • Superior King Room

When we arrived the greeting was half hearted, room was not ready but we were early and we were asked to come back a 3pm 3hrs later, fine but we had a long days travel and were very tired. Got to the room on 12th floor but the room was like an oven, A/C was not only not working but the noise was horrible. We were moved to room 509 on 5th floor, no view but it was cooler as AC worked. Facilities were basic no tea/ coffee making in room. In the morning if you wanted coffee you had to go down to the lobby get it in paper cups from 6:30am and bring it back to the room. A proper cooked breakfast at The Redbury does not exist so we went out to various places. All in all for the price I was enormously underwhelmed.

The location suited our visit

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

• Standard Queen Room

The air conditioning had been broken and was making a lot of noise. They moved us to another room. However they gave us a discount.

In good location. You can find shops, cafe and food within walking distance. Close to the subway. The staff were friendly and helpful when needed.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Crazy expensive for what it was made all the worse for the numerous taxes , but that's NYC I guess.
    • Standard Queen Room

A/C didn't work, quickly fixed though. The hotel in general is very dark, especially the reception and eating areas. Our room was tiny and the A/C was obnoxiously loud, on and off every 5 minutes. Bathroom was very nicely done, could do with 2 towel rails and a shower designed so it doesn't empty a ton of water on the bathroom floor. The in-room nibbles were INSANELY expensive, $6 for water? Can you be any more overtly gouging?

Location was excellent, able to walk to most places we were here to see.

Great location for short stay
    • Standard Queen Room

Small room with limited storage space.

Good location, clean room, great coffee at on site cafe. Within reasonable walking distance to many tourist sites, eateries and small parks so well suited for short stay sightseeing trips

Loved it!

Everything was great.

This place was amazing! Best hotel for the price, The beds were soooo comfy. Make sure you look at the square footage of your room for the best deal - we got a big one for the same price as the smaller ones. Staff was extremely helpful and even made photocopies for me at one point. Excellent coffee in the AM and access to any NY Sports Club in the city. Fabulous location (and I've stayed all over NY). Book it!

Convenient midtown hotel
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The service at reception was average at best, no one really went out of their way to be helpful when we asked questions. One of the train lines is a bit of a walk away (~7 minutes) so if you're using that one more you might consider another hotel that's closer to that line.

The location was really convenient, there's no lack of places to eat. We got a corner room which was larger than expected. Beds were comfortable and the bathroom was modern with great soaps.

The position is just great - you can also walk to some of...
    • Standard Queen Room

The room was a bit small especially the bathroom, but I guess this is normal in Manhattan.

The position is just great - you can also walk to some of the greatest attractions (like the Empire State or the Flatiron) - and the bed was really confortable. The restaurant Marta is also really good!

too expensive for value

the room I was given was the size of a cupboard and had no natural light, it overviewed an interior yard with all the ventilators from the whole building. That room was not a 4 stars hotel room the room was changed at my request with a more appropriate one. however in this room the airconditioning was very old and loud ( vibrating and making additional noise to what you already expect from vintige airconditioning)

the staff was very nice and helpful the hotel was clean and in a good location

I would definitely stay there again, if the incidental fee is corrected.
    • Standard Queen Room

They took my Visa on the first night for incidentals, which I know is standard hotel practice, but I was surprised to see that they had processed a fee of $50/night. Given that I didn't have any incidental charges I was surprised that the fee wasn't reversed immediately. I've been back for 4 days and still nothing. I heard back from the manager, who said that it would eventually be reversed.

The room was more spacious than I expected, given that it's in the heart of New York. The front desk staff were all helpful. The breakfast was okay; we ate there once and then went out for the other days. Lots of choices in the neighbourhood. It was relatively quiet at night and the air conditioner worked well.

Perfect. We loved this hotel.
    • Deluxe Suite

Dump truck visiting at 3am to empty bins outside. A higher floor room might be quieter

Comfortable suite perfect for 4 adults to share. Great attentive staff. Ideal location for sightseeing

Overall excellent .. nice vibe, convenient location, clean and comfortable room and shower
    • Superior Queen Room

Not a great check-out as the guys at the front desk didn’t even say a goodbye .. was just given the check-out invoice by the porter.. so a little disappointing

Fantastic hotel.. lovely clean room, great shower and all very clean. The location was perfect .. walked everywhere from here with a chance to pop back to have a small rest or drop off shopping before continuing . Marta was brilliant.. excellent food and also creates a good vibe for the hotel. This will be my hotel of choice whenever I visit New York. A gem of a place. And of course, the pop-up yoga which I tried was excellent!

Small boutique style hotel.
    • Standard Queen Room

Small boutique style hotel. Found the staff friendly and helpful. Rooms comfortable and clean. Plenty of restaurants and bars in the area and subway station close by.

Great location but not worth the money

There was a huge cockroach in my hotel room. I called reception, but no one came for 40 minutes and had to call reception three times until someone came with a broom to squash it. Also overcharged me for laundry and had to clarify multiple times to get my money back.

Nice design, quite roomy
    • Superior Queen Room

Stay in a room that has the window next to three big fans of the ventilation system, super noisy even with the window closed. Have to wear ear plug to sleep through the night.

Nice design, quite roomy

Pizza restaurant ‘Marta’ on ground floor, large and...
    • Superior King Room

Loud air conditioning, housekeeping being stingy in replacing supplies

Pizza restaurant ‘Marta’ on ground floor, large and comfortable room, convenient location

The concierge in the hotel made up for the
    • Standard Double Room with Two Single Beds

House-keeping was not good. I don’t think the sheets were even changed once over our 10-day stay. There wasn’t a kettle to boil water in the room either (which I thought would have been a basic amenity). When we asked if they had a weighing scale, they just said no, with no attempt to help us. The room was quite cramped for 2. Not much room to move around. Smaller than we expected.

The concierge service personnel were FANTASTIC! Alexandra and Matt went out of their way to help us plan our itinerary, give suggestions and generally help us. They were exceptional. Thanks to them, we had an unforgettable trip!

Very comfortable beds.
    • Superior Queen Room

The breakfast was very small, we ordered a few items and they didn't even make us full and we paid over $45 for it but it was tasty. View is not something you should be thinking about when ordering a room. A bit dark atmosphere, everything red and black but looked nice.

Very comfortable beds. Quick service, maids cleaned when we went out for 40 minutes. Restaurant downstairs was good. Was good to be able to eat at the hotel. Quick check-in, arrived almost 2 hours before and got the room right away.

Comfortable and clean, the staff were friendly and it has a...
    • Superior King Room

The aircon was really noisy. We basically didn't get any sleep. It kept on kicking in and out and sounded like an aircraft taking off. The lifts didn't work one day, and so we had to use the staff lift. My wife and I had booked a meal at 11 Madison and were worried that we may be late due to the time it took to get things sorted. The sh over was lovely, but some e needs to look at the shower head as cover that sits flush on the wall had come loose and so it showed the pipe coming out of a big hole in the wall. Pure aesthetics, but when you're paying the money you don't expect things like that.

Comfortable and clean, the staff were friendly and it has a good vibe.

Modern touch, good location but service needs to improve
    • Deluxe Suite

They clean late afternoon. Lamps dont work.. we registered 4 pax but towels only for 2.. we were going to come back after a short trip to boston and they wouldnt keep our bags for 2 days so decided to transfer hotel

Love the location

Overpriced comfort, but exceptional staff.

The bedroom was very small, smaller than it looks on the pictures. The mattress moved off the bed base every night, it was very annoying. Overpriced.

The staff are very friendly and willing to help wherever needed. It’s only about a 10min walk to Grand Central Station which is very convenient.

Would recommend especially because of the location. Book early for better deals.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The air conditioning in our room was rather warm. Granted, we could have let the concierge know and we didn't, but thought this was something you guys could check from here on for future guests. We were Room 518. Room service was also slow. I was just asking for a fork to be brought up and it probably took 30 minutes for it to get to me. Also, the complimentary coffee in the cafe/overall hotel could have better trained staff. First there was a sign pointing to the bar that breakfast/coffee was being served. Didn't make sense as it wasn't the cafe. The staff in there told us to head to the cafe right across it and the barista would "make" our coffee. We went in there thinking it would be any coffee drink on the menu. We told the cashier lady we were staying in the hotel, doing the breakfast thing. We ordered our drinks and charged us. She didn't even warn us that what we were getting weren't part of the complimentary coffee...which was just the drip one. I mean she could have at least informed us. Anyway, hotel is pretty nice. Great food at Marta and good coffee overall. Service could just be better.

The beds were incredibly comfortable and our Park Avenue Doubles room was very spacious. We were only 3 so maybe this is why we had 1 Queen and 1 Full bed instead, but I was expecting to have 2 Double beds. I didn't have it changed anymore because I thought it would be a hassle.

Excellent location and helpful staff made it a pleasant stay
    • Standard Queen Room

We were in a room facing some quite noisy generators (for the air-con?) and there was a constant noise coming from them - light sleepers would have struggled.

The location of the property is second to none, maximum 10 minutes walk from the Empire State Building, close to main bus and subway routes, a couple of good bars and plenty of eating places nearby. All the staff were friendly and helpful. The room was spacious enough and the bathroom was excellent.

They were able to upgrade my room since I am an I Prefer...
    • Standard Queen Room

They would not honor any of my I Prefer Hotel Rewards Certificates, since I booked through Booking.com. This was disappointing, because that was the primary reason for booking this hotel. I even called ahead and asked if I could use the certificates in advance of my stay.

They were able to upgrade my room since I am an I Prefer Hotel Rewards member. However, they did not volunteer it - I had to ask. The complimentary cup of coffee (until 10am) from Caffe Marchio was a nice add-on.

Made our stay in New York a great one!
    • Standard Double Room with Two Single Beds

The staff were so lovely and helpful and personal. I had read some strange reviews and was quite nervous as I had booked it for 8 people in total and the hotel and staff both exceeded expectations. Ok, so the twin single bed room is very small but the twin double bed room was fab and worth the extra but we were lucky enough to get an upgrade. WE got free coffee to get us going in the morning and the staff from the cleaning staff to concierge Alexandra were amazing. there were 8 ladies in total and each one of us enjoyed our stay so thank you very much to all at the Redbury Hotel

I would stay there again, if I can find a good price promotion.
    • Standard Queen Room

1. Why does the bathroom window allows the outside to see inside?? Why isn´t it all covered? Really weird... Had to take every shower with the light off. 2. The shower floor tends to be quite slippery so be careful! The cleaning lady taught me a trick to avoid that. 3. The so very dim light in the lobby and the hotel can be sexy and cozy but sometimes it´s also way too dim and one can´t see very well! :) 4. The mini frigo bar is so packed up with drinks of the hotel, one has to take them off if one needs to put something there.

1. The restaurant - Very good pizza but very expensive. Truth being told, almost everything is expensive in NY. Would I go there again? No. I don´t think the food justifies the price. 2. The cleaning ladies on the 4th floor were absolutely fabulous. Always available and super nice. 3. The concierge super nice and available too. Helped me booking the airport shutle and allowed me to do my flight check in. 4. One of the guys from the reception was excellent, very available and nice. Even offered me a umbrella in my last day (it was raining). The rest of the staff, honestly, were regular. Nothing to point out. 5. The localization is quite good. Close to the subway, empire state building, dunkin donuts, Macdonald´s, Pret a Manger. 6. The room was clean and has a good dimension. 7. The wi-fi worked alright and the tv has good quality.

awful
    • Deluxe Suite

the staff were extremely rude and we had a heated exchange in the reception area as we left . Our room was nt as we had booked due to an issue the hotel had and they offered us a smaller room . I had emailed the hotel in the week leading up to our stay to inform them of our late arrival and to ask them if they could make the spare bed up , they informed me this would be done . When we got to our new smaller room gone midnight , the sofa bed was nt even made up and the spare bed was nt even in the room . we were then asked to make up our own sofa bed , manager had no interest in coming to see us regarding this issue and were extremely unhelpful

No safety deposit refund!!
    • Standard Queen Room

They didn't refund my safety deposit and I still don't know what I was charged for! I sent 3 emails asking what was the charge and they never answered me back!

The most comfortable bed ever!

Adequate but nothing special as an introduction to NYC.
    • Standard Queen Room

Room very small. Wardrobe even smaller. Not enough space for a six day trip. No hooks to hang anything. The shower was very difficult to control. It had recently been installed and other people had apparently made similar comments. Lighting was poor. Only one bedside table and lamp so only one of us could read.The aircon was so noisy we had disturbed sleep every night. The engineer we spoke to said there was a very large unit right above our room.

The bed was very comfortable, the water was hot and the room was clean

Fabulous Hotel in a Great Location!!
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Not having a coffee pot in the room was an adjustment but there was complimentary coffee in the cafe in the morning. It’s s great hotel in a great location.

Almost everything! We reserved a suite & it was very large for NYC. The staff was friendly & helpful and the facility is beautifully & uniquely decorated. Add Marta, a Danny Myer restaurant, and it’s perfection! We will stay here again. The NOMAD area is a great place to stay.

Great first trip to the Big Apple
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was very small for 3 adults, very tight bathroom, external noise very loud particularly on the Wednesday night which seems to be bin pickup for that street that our room was facing onto.

Good location, handy for most of the popular sites in NY. Reasonable number of restaurants in the area for breakfast and dinner. Also seemed relatively safe for walking around even at night.

Would happily go back.
    • Standard Queen Room

The bed was very comfortable. The location is very good, close to a subway stop. The complimentary coffee from the cafe is excellent. The croissants from the cafe are among the best. All in all we would go back for another enjoyable stay.

It was just okay.
    • Superior Queen Room

I thought for the price of the stay it wasn’t anything special and the quality of the rooms were just alright. We checked in just fine but when we got to our room we noticed that the sink’s drain plug was stuck to plug and had to call someone up to fix it. There was a very loud grate fan on outside our room that impeded our sleep. They switched our room for us but honestly, for the price, we shouldn’t have even had a room that was that noticeably loud... Once we switched rooms we then had an issue with the mini bar light strobing on and off all night, we covered it up with a blanket to keep it from keeping us up! They fixed it in the morning and were very apologetic. I believe a way that all of this could have been avoided would have been if there was s better last check review on the rooms. It was a bit annoying and stressful on our vacation.

The staff was very helpful. The decor was nice. Bed very comfortable.

New bathroom, great restaurant and coffee bar downstairs,...
    • Standard Queen Room

Relatively small rooms, loud AC, lots of dust on top of wardrobe, windows need cleaning.

New bathroom, great restaurant and coffee bar downstairs, helpful concierges, good location, comfortable bed

Hotel was in a great location!
    • Standard Queen Room

Hotel was in a great location! Cool vibe in their, a few little wine bars and places to eat or snacks. Staff was very polite and accommodating. It was clean and the bed was a really really comfortable hotel bed with great pillows too! Would stay again for sure.

If I ever visit New York again, I will choose a more quiet location.
    • Standard Queen Room

The noise levels were horrible. I didn't get but a couple hours of sleep each night because of the noise outside my windows all night through 3 and 4 am. I heard sirens, horns honking, people yelling, and other loud noises. Plus, the guest in the room next to me kept their television on all night and day, and the volume was loud.

The staff was nice.

Really enjoyable stay in a good location with very helpful staff.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

As we were only on the second floor, the traffic noise was a bit distracting but that's just the way it is in NYC. I would recommend some window glazing if at all possible for that floor.

We had a really spacious room and the staff couldn't be more helpful.

Friendly staff, nice restaurant. Clean, but a little dark in the hallways.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The refrigerator could have been a little bigger. It was only about 4 inches deep. Looked like a regular small dorm sized refrigerator, but with a false back. We took everything out and still barely had room to keep water bottles and snacks we had purchased.

The beds were very comfortable. The room was a little cramped, but we knew the size ahead of time. We didn't spend a ton of time in there anyway, so it wasn't a big deal.

Good location, but too expensive for what it offers
    • Standard Double Room with Two Single Beds

The room was incredibly small (not at all like the pictures) and also the wifi wasn't working in the room as said for the booking.

Location was really good and the bathrooms looked amazing.

Good sized room with great high ceiling
    • Superior King Room

We were in Room 200 on the second floor, which is not a secure floor. There is a large meeting/party area on that floor that was used several times in the evening during our seven-night stay. Lots of people milling about with access to the eight or so bedrooms on that floor. At times, not only when there was a function going on, there was a security guard posted in the passageway leading to the rooms. Curious and a bit disconcerting, rather than reassuring. Bathroom is very nice but the toilet is far too close to the basin stand. Could be a major challenge for a tall or heavy person. Just not enough room! Only one bedside table The full amount of the 7-day stay, including the various taxes and a resort fee, was charged to my credit card the day after the reservation was made.

Good sized room with great high ceiling Excellent restaurant attached to the hotel Very comfortable king size bed Crisp linens and both firm and soft pillows

Told on arrival that no cash was accepted as payment. This came as a surprise to members of our party. No warning given of this on website. Issue resolved quickly though.

Excellent stay once issues at check in resolved.

Browse The Redbury New York traveller photo gallery