Reviews of The Renwick Hotel New York City, Curio Collection by Hilton 4 stars

118 East 40th Street, Murray Hill, New York, NY 10016, USA

#143 of 419 hotels in New York

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Fantastic birthday experience,in a beautiful hotel in an amazing city.
    • 2 Gallery Queen Beds

No tea/coffee facilities in the room. No recycling facilities in room or hotel.

Excellent cleanliness. Super spacious room. Queen size beds.Excellent staff who went the extra mile and had a great attitude. All staff in every area of the hotel were excellent. Superb location close to Times Square and central station,but still quiet and private at nighttime.Quirky room and great furnishings. Safe,fridge and dab radio.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Perfect NYC stay!
    • 1 Gallery Queen Bed

Location was ideal, just one block from Grand Central station/subway and 10 min walk to Times Square. Room was a good size with large super king bed and double walk in shower. Amazing view of the Empire State Building!

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

• 1 Gallery King Studio Suite

Not value for money Took 3 attempts to get a working hairdryer. Not good for a hotel of this rating. Had “fresh” towels returned smelling distinctly of curry powder. Stayed at a lot of Hilton’s - this was far from the standard expected! ☹️

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

There are no business center, however, customer service...
    • 1 Gallery Queen Bed

There are no business center, however, customer service kindly print out the document with free of charge by sending the file through internet to their office.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

good stay
    • 1 Gallery King

Not enough umbrella when raining.No hot water when I wanted a cup of tea. The dark color of the hotel room and corridor.

The location and comfortable bed

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Great Location, Friendly Staff!
    • 1 King Bed 1 Bedroom Suite

When the sofa bed was out, we literally had to climb over it to get to the bathroom. A bit inconvenient in the middle of the night.

Stay was very nice - the staff really are fantastic and attentive! No request was too big or small. We had the King Suite, but "suite" may have been a bit of a stretch. However, it's NYC so that's to be expected. Suited our needs well and was a great location, very close to Grand Central as we made our way to the tennis tournament

Really enjoyed staying here.
    • 1 King Bed 1 Bedroom Suite

Only really the nagging suspicion that this is a relatively new hotel and they will hike the prices. If they do, I won't be coming back, but at the level I paid it's acceptable value for a super expensive city.

Really enjoyed staying here. I was in New York for an entire week on business and the main advantage was that the room was, by NY standards, huge. I had some kind of Suite which seemed to be available at a the same kind of price as many standard business hotels. Great staff, extremely comfortable stay.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Location great, rooms are beautiful & very comfortable.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Location great, rooms are beautiful & very comfortable. Staff are very friendly & excellent customer service . 2nd time we have stayed there & definitely stay there again.

It was overpriced for the location and lack of amenities.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The beds were not comfortable, the linens looked questionable, it was a lot smaller in person, no microwave or fridge and the staff messed up on the registration. The location was not close to area for writers conference. Booking.com also didn't communicate security deposits, either.

The shower

Amazing staff, great location!
    • 1 King Bed 1 Bedroom Suite

It was quite pricey but also could be time of year. The lower level suite was not as nice as the night level, we switched suites our second night and the suite was much nicer. This is an older building therefore, no modern luxuries.

Amazing staff!! From the moment we checked in - Very polite, kind and professional. Location was excellent. The King Suite was a great size for a family traveling with kids under the age of 12.

Would definitely stay here again.
    • 1 Gallery King

The shower was amazing (minus a little mold). The floors were pretty dirty and obviously haven't been cleaned in a while. The lobby smelt like cigarettes.

Great location. Comfortable bed. The air conditioning worked amazing. The showers are a great size and the water pressure and temperature was so nice.

• 1 Gallery King

Staff-when I asked for a city map, front desk told me they had none. I had to press him again and he then gave me one. Room- I was placed in room 210 which is where the air conditioner was stored outside the window. It was a huge unit. The hotel was not full. It was late and I did not argue for a better room.

Very good hotel for visiting NYC
    • 1 King Bed 1 Bedroom Suite

Maybe a bit dark (second floor) and noise of the air condition machines near to the window.

Second stay here. The room was big this time (suite). Friendly staff, excellent location.

The convenience of the connecting restaurant was fantastic.
    • 1 Gallery King

The halls are pretty small. I was woken up at 8am by a parent yelling down said small hall at their child. While that's more of a lack of common courtesy on their part, it's worth noting that you can easily hear things like that.

The convenience of the connecting restaurant was fantastic. I had the signature burger for dinner and it was divine. My room had a tiny fridge that was incredibly convenient as I'd grabbed snacks from Grand Central's market and Magnolia Bakery blocks away. The room was clean, quirky, and incredibly comfortable.

Good location, would never stay here again. Isn't worthy of the hilton name.
    • 1 Gallery King

The pipes in the bathroom are very old and we had to request a room change because it felt like our room was going to shake apart when using the shower. The staff said they would send someone up to have a look at it and then we didn't hear anything from them again. The morning staff were better about it and changed our room. The bed was terribly uncomfortable and after a couple of nights I took to sleeping on the floor so that my back wasn't aching all day.

The location was good and the room looked nice.

Beautiful hotel with exceptional customer service!!!
    • 1 Gallery King Studio Suite

Absolutely nothing. There was nothing negative about our whole stay!

This hotel is amazing! It exceeded my expectations! The staff was wonderful from the front desk to the bellmen to maintenance (we needed our safe unlocked)😂. The room was huge, bed was super comfy, bathroom was beautiful and it was actually like a small apartment! The location is excellent with Grand Central being right around the corner and tons of restaurants, bodegas, coffee shops all around,. We also felt very safe being two single girls in the city! We enjoyed our stay so much that we will never stay anywhere else in NYC. You really can’t find a better value for the area and the customer service at The Renwick is outstanding, you won’t be disappointed!!! I just can’t say enough good things about this hotel!

Hidden gem in New York
    • 1 King Bed 1 Bedroom Suite

This hotel is really a nice find in New York. The location was perfect but what I mostly loved was the style of the hotel: modern but with a twist. The room looked great and it had all I needed and more: a comfy bed but also a small living room really nicely decorated. Staff was great too.

The staff was helpful and friendly.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The staff was helpful and friendly. The rooms were well decorated clean and spacious. The bathrooms were well kept with everything needed. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. Also the on-site restaurant (Bedford & Co.) had delicious food at a reasonable price. We enjoyed our stay and look forward to staying there again if we come back to the city.

All the essentials in a key location
    • 1 Gallery King

The lobby was tiny and minimalistic and there was no door person at entry. Walls are very thin...Someone was practicing the clarinet at an early hour nearby? (and they weren't very good).

The room was quite clean and had hip artsy decor. The layout was thoughtful and the bed and pillows were very comfortable. Location near Grand Central was outstanding. Restaurant appeared trendy, but it was dark inside and not welcoming in terms of morning coffee/tea service...Luckily there is a Starbucks on the corner. Staff members were all very friendly and accommodating. I would certainly stay here again, and recommend it as a hip, convenient and comfortable (but not luxurious) home base for a Manhattan visit.

Wonderful Hotel in NY
    • 1 King Bed 1 Bedroom Suite

The bed frame was too big for the room it caused us to bump our legs to it on many occasions.

Very nice hotel and a great location in NY. The art was very nice and the room was very comfortable

Signal of the TV was digital so we enjoyed the WC 2018.
    • 1 Gallery King

When we asked the guys at the hotel about a cab to JFK they told us a slightly different rate $ than the one communicated by the Taxi, but it wasn't a big deal - apparently he wasn't aware - I hope it's a involuntary mistake ;)

Signal of the TV was digital so we enjoyed the WC 2018. Comfortable beds. Late check-out. Good Air-Co. Good WiFi.

Fun and trendy, will be back soon

My room this time had a loud air conditioning issue but the staff was quick to have someone come look at the problem.

2nd visit and I will come back cause it’s a great location, safe area and the mood is trendy

We will be back whenever we can get a good rate on Booking.com.
    • 1 Gallery King

The Renwick is a hidden gem and our new favorite home away from home in NYC. We have stayed there twice now. The first time, for no explicable reason, we were kindly upgraded to a gi-normous king suite with a huge separate living room equipped with a plush sofa and desk and second TV. The second time around, although we had no such luck, we were still thoroughly satisfied with our spacious king room. The lobby is small, but the rooms are large and all have a modern, stylish decor. And here was a crazy bonus: There is a wonderful little hair salon right next door. The first time that I arrived, to attend an event, I ran down there after quickly checking in early in the evening and got a quick, reasonably priced wash and blow-dry which was so utterly fabulous that I did it again the second time around as well. No appointment necessary! There are several Icon Parking garages nearby with good overnight rates. The hotel's location, within a few blocks of Grand Central, made subway travel extremely convenient too.

No free breakfast, but you do get free coffee.
    • 1 Gallery King

I had the Do Not Disturb paintbrush on the door, but housekeeping felt the need to try and key in before check out time.... a bit annoying.

No free breakfast, but you do get free coffee. Quiet room, comfortable bed, bathrobe, safe, fridge, ironing board and iron, Bigelow extras, and a great feng shui room decor that was unexpected. Check out was easy, and staff was quite polite. Free water bottles and cable TV included!

The best hotel I’ve stayed in in New York (including some 5 stars)
    • 1 Gallery King

Slightly unpleasant smell in reception which may be from the wood fired pizza oven,

Decor great . Room lovely, bed very very comfortable. Cocktails in bar and atmosphere buzzing. We were getting a train to Canada the next day so poeition fantastic - we walked to the station!

I love the Renwick.

Somehow there was confusion between booking.com and the hotel.so they only had one room for me instead of two so they scrambled to get me 2 rooms and it wasnt whay I was hoping for.

I love the Renwick. I just wish I could have shown my guests how cool it was. The room they gave my father was super tiny with the view of a brick wall. The room they gave.my daughter and myself was one floor down with same view. Not what I expected or have had in the past, unfortunately. Ki

Took a staycation here Location is very good.
    • 1 Gallery Queen Bed

TV was a bit spotty but that was the only thing I could remember

Took a staycation here Location is very good. Afternoon staff on the front desk was super nice.

The PERFECT place to stay if you're visiting the Big Apple!
    • 1 Gallery King

The pillows didn't have any support, so sleeping was a little tough, and the water temp in the shower wouldn't regulate, so it kept going from freezing to scalding hot no matter how lightly we adjusted it. But these things weren't bothersome enough to bring it down from 5 stars. It really was an excellent place to stay. :)

This hotel was PERFECT for us. It's literally a 4 minute walk from Grand Central Station, incredibly designed and clean, the rooms are super roomy for NYC standards, the bathroom (and especially shower!) were huge and modern, and it wasn't expensive at all*. We will always book here when we go to the city now!

• 1 Gallery King

Rooms were very small but this is standard for NYC Air conditioning didn’t work but the staff did their best to resolve the issue for us

Location is perfect for walking just about anywhere in Manhattan as long as you have comfy shoes Great rooftop bars in the neighbourhood and right by Grand Central

FANTASTIC!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

VERY GOOD LOCATION. LOVED THAT STARBUCKS WAS ACROSS THE STREET. RESTAURANTS AROUND THE HOTEL WERE EXCELLENT AND THE STAFF WAS GREAT AT STEERING YOU TO AND MAKING RESERVATIONS FOR YOU. HOTEL ROOMS WERE PEACEFUL. YOU DIDN'T HEAR NOISE FROM OTHER ROOMS AND VERY LOW STREET NOISE. WE WALKED TO TIMES SQUARE FROM THE HOTEL. GRAND CENTRAL STATION WAS A COUPLE OF BLOCKS AWAY.

Happy return to an old friend ( Previously Bedford Hotel)
    • 1 Gallery King

Although probably not part of the hotel, breakfast at the bar below overpriced and mediocre.

Location-location-location ! We used to stay here when it was the Bedford hotel, and were so happy to see it renovated taste fully. And the views of the empire State building we enjoyed again haven't changed. Staff absolutely great, with some even returning from the Bedford days.

I loved it.
    • 1 Gallery King

The free wi-fi went down for a day, but the cost of the premium wi-fi $15.00 for a curio collection hotel is quite fair i think.

The Renwick is all about customer care. They make it a point to be helpful and accommodating to all your inquiries. I ordered breakfast from the restaurant and it was excellent. It's an art inspired hotel in an amazing location and everything you need around you. Definitely worth the stay.

It was an ok hotel. The rate was too high for the hotel. Graffiti decor was strange.

I did not like the graffiti style design. It was strange. Hotel was ok. Would not stay there again. The rate is too high for this hotel.

The size of the hotel.

Location is perfect for easy access to subway and everything...
    • 1 Gallery King

Would be nice to have coffee in the room

Location is perfect for easy access to subway and everything in Midtown. Bryant Park is just a few blocks away and there are loads of nice rooftop bars in the area. The hotel is really charming, nicely decorated and clean. The bed was incredibly comfortable.. probably one of the best I’ve ever experienced. The shower was also really nice. Hotel staff were very friendly and accommodated our request for a view of the Empire State Building :) In comparison to alternatives in the area the value seemed really good for the price!

Loved the Art Deco and eclectic decor.
    • 1 Gallery King

Room wasn’t as clean as I would expect. Towels were not soft and were sort of itchy.

Loved the Art Deco and eclectic decor. Check in and check out were quick and the front desk staff very pleasant and helpful. We checked in and selected our room the day before using the Hilton Honors app. Can’t beat that convenience! Midtown location was great. Close to Bryant Park and we had great spring weather so we enjoyed sitting there with our morning coffee and people watching. We didn’t eat at the restaurant but the menu and bar looked great. We would stay here again.

Great place to stay
    • 1 Gallery King

The bathroom sink was very small, and was a bit uncomfortable to use (and there was no room to place any items on it...). Everything else was great.

Great location, comfortable and well equipped room. Staff was very nice.

it was great.
    • Deluxe King Suite

It was close by restaurants. Very convenient to subways,buses and main attractions. We walked to time square in about 15 minutes. All the staff was very nice. We had a suite it was very comfortable. We could hang out in the living spacewhen a few friends stop by to visit.

Would stay here again
    • 1 King Bed 1 Bedroom Suite

A little out of the way for theater and other places. But proximity to Grand Central helped

Friendly staff and comfortable room. We had a suite so place to meditate or watch tv without disturbing spouse

Good location in between going north or south in Manhattan. Safe neighbourhood.
    • 1 Gallery King

Could put a Nespresso machine in the room given the type of hotel it is.

Reception staff really lovely and welcoming. The hotel was super cool and the room had everything I needed. Felt so comfortable and couldn't wait to get to the room after time spent exploring. Really great design and super quiet which I like, as I'm a light sleeper. Bed and bedding amazing. Bathroom really great and cool.

I would recommend the Hyatt right at Grand Central over this...
    • 1 Gallery King

add full length mirror, provide an ironing board w/the iron, provide a hook at a height that allows hanging a suit or dress

I would recommend the Hyatt right at Grand Central over this place; better value for money. I usually stay at the Hyatt but wanted to try something different. Room was spacious but...we were on the 2nd floor w/a view of the mechanicals; room had an iron but no ironing board. Closet was ridiculous... hanging rod between upper & lower shelves such that there was not length to hang a dress or even a dress shirt and no hook on back of any door to use instead.. maybe a cropped jacket could hang there. No full length mirror. Restaurant feels like you are in the basement; no windows; dark.

Great staff!
    • 1 Gallery King

A minibar could improve the game experience, but it was not a total miss.

Great staff! They even upgrade my room when discovered I was seeing my bf after 4 months and the room I was in faced an office building.

Location, rooms were a good size, staff were overall very...
    • 1 Gallery King

Bar closes very early so you couldn’t come back for a drink and was often very busy. We tried to get s bar snack on a Friday evening (around10:00) but we’re told the kitchen was closed. Had to keep getting water from reception rather than housekeeping replacing in the room. Very minor issues

Location, rooms were a good size, staff were overall very friendly and helpful.

All the staff were very friendly and experienced
    • 1 Gallery King Studio Suite

Nothing really, maybe the thin quilt, between the 2 sheets, the down was all lumped together.

The staff, breakfast lounge open early, the breakfast menu, our room was quiet, big bathroom.

Good hotel in great location
    • 1 Gallery King

Poor communication on taxes applied to your final bill and the $50 per night deposit. This was not explained at check in. There was no coffee/ tea making facilities within the room. Although complimentary coffee was available in the restaurant each morning. The bar did not have any beer for the duration of our stay.

The design of the rooms and the hotel was really well done. Room was clean and comfortable. The hotel is a short walk to Grand Central and a 20 minute walk to Empire State Building and Times Square.

Overall, I would give this property a 10 and would stay here again.
    • 1 Gallery King

The shower product amenities: shampoo, conditioner, container, were broken, etc,.

We all meet for drinks first night and bkfst the next morning. The service as outstanding both times and one of my children is in the food industry! The room was larger than expected, felt luxurious and clean.

The staff at reception were extremely friendly and helpful...
    • 1 King Bed 1 Bedroom Suite

The room had not been properly maintained. Safe was inoperative, overhead light had almost half its globes dead, my bedside reading light was also not working (no globe) and there was nowhere to put our suitcases (they sent up one folding rack) and the wall mounted wardrobe was tiny and difficult to use. The bedroom was very small and the bathroom ridiculously small and uncomfortable - only room for one person at a time. When we were checking out, the bill bore no resemblance to our confirmation and was significantly higher. I was not surprised as I had read reviews prior to arrival where other guest had complained of this happening. I alerted the people travelling with us who had a separate reservation on booking.com and their account had the same problem, being significantly higher than the confirmation. They did correct it without argument but this appears to be a regular event at this property and it has never happened to me before in any of the many reservations I have done through booking.com.

The staff at reception were extremely friendly and helpful and promptly attended to the many issues that we encountered. Good size living room.

Excellent location for everything & the room was as per...
    • 1 King Bed 1 Bedroom Suite

Was overcharged & told the money would come back with the rest of the accidental coverage money in 1-2 weeks which should have been refunded on the spot.

Excellent location for everything & the room was as per the photos/cleanliness was great.

Excellent location. Comfortable, attractive, big rooms. Nice toiletries.
    • 1 Gallery King Studio Suite

The duvet. The filling inside each square had rolled itself into a little hard ball. Wasn’t warm. Also, the bedroom heater only seemed to blow out cool air ... despite being set at 72.

Loved having two rooms: living room and bedroom - felt so luxurious. Second night there was quietest night I ever spent in NYC - almost like the country! First night there was a long, loud party on floor above.

Location was good.
    • 1 King Bed 1 Bedroom Suite

Location was good. I did get a reasonable room rate, but for that the view out the only window in the living room was huge air conditioning equipment. That was definitely not pleasant to look at and since it was winter and gloomy - that window was the only choice. Actually this should be in the next box --- what I did not like

Had a problem with bill.
    • 1 King Bed 1 Bedroom Suite

Had a problem with bill. The hotel charged more then the booking.com rate. Took 3 days to get it corrected but still did not pay the rate I was suppose to with booking .com. Had to pay more with no explanation why. They said taxes were not included in booking.com rate but it was.

Came for NYFW. Location to our show was great.
    • 1 Gallery King

There was an issue with a mysterious men’s sweater found in our room when we got home at night when it wasn’t there when we left our room for the day. Left us feeling uneasy.

Decor was nice. Attached restaurant was an added bonus.

Everything is fantastic! Comfort, cleanliness, attentiveness and proximity to Grand Central Station
    • 1 Gallery King

Bedford and Co., the Hotel Renwick's restaurant closed early two nights so I was not able to dine in or get room service on those nights. The room was missing a robe, a door not disturb "sign" (a paintbrush is used as the signal) and bottled water, but was brought up to my room as soon as I called guest services.

Clean, new and stylish decor, comfortable room, friendly staff, spacious room, appreciated the bottles of water. Proximity to Grand Central Station was fantastic and loved The Renwick as a boutique hotel rather than the neighboring large hotels. I admired the little touches of art in the decor throughout the hotel and the branding continued throughout.

Highly-recommended, above-average midtown boutique with a clean, comfortable, modern, elegant look
    • 1 Gallery King

Air unit was noisy (a low-pitched howling as if it was vibrating), I had to turn it off so I could sleep. There isn't really room service, it's the restaurant downstairs delivering food in a to-go box. I returned from work at 6pm and housekeeping was just starting to clean my room, so I had to wait outside. Not really what one expects at the end of a tough work day. On the first day I could hear them talking to each other really loudly from one room to the other and slamming doors for two hours. I wish there was a luggage rack in the room.

Soft linen, excellent bed, good lighting, deep bath tub - so rare! Beautiful room, Friendly staff, perfect location with an exceptionally good restaurant downstairs!

Great hotel in a nice area!

The view was lacking was of a brick building, stayed on the 14th floor.

The room was clean comfortable. The design was modern and had a really unique style. And the bed was very comfortable. Great staff too!

Fab location, fab restaurant attached, lovely staff
    • 1 Gallery Queen Bed

Really loved the hotel. Ideal for NYC. No lobby to hang out in really but the room was a good size, really clean and funky. Staff were all lovely and approachable and accommodating.

I do not recommend this hotel for long stays. Do not have high expectations.
    • 1 King Bed 1 Bedroom Suite

Facilities management, front desk staff not competent. Issues with room arrangements. Even had a case where one the rooms we were staying was given to someone else and they entered the room during midnight while we were in the room. No good explanation by the hotel provided.This hotel has real staff/management issues.

Location was near some city attractions. Size of the rooms.

Great Hotel in a great location
    • 1 Gallery King

Only main issue I had was there were a few hairs in the bathroom from the people that previously stayed but not too big of a deal. Also, the comforter had some kinda stain on it.

The location. Rooms are very nice and comfortable. The restaurant at the hotel was pretty good. Front desk was super friendly and accommodating with early check in and late check out.

It was a little disappointing.
    • 1 Gallery King

Service needs to be improved. Booking sold the room as soundproof with blackout curtains. The room was not soundproof and the curtains were only semi blackout. Maid service left phone in our room plugged up to our charger and underwear (not ours ) on our floor. Pretty gross!

The shower was excellent! The location is great.

The hotel was really pretty but unfortunately the staff was...
    • 1 Gallery King

The hotel was really pretty but unfortunately the staff was the worst the lady in the front I can’t remember her name was rude to my wife and every time we called down to the front desk they wouldn’t answer we had to call a couple of times for it we didn’t get the 10$ off food or drink from her mind you she was the one who checked us in we got it off Gary the 2nd day (he was actually nice) I saw that the lady had giving some other couple the 10$ off once’s they checked in. When I checked out and we got home I noticed I forgot some clothes we called so they can put aside our clothes so we can picked them up and they made us hold for ours they never called back we had to call a couple more times for something so simple

Boutique hotel with design that pleases both an eye & expectations for comfort, with simplicity!

Nothing I

This is a rare places where you find a perfect match for all one needs. Location, facility, and design! In particular, the attention to little details that add to make you smile... And design with the person in mind: all made to add to make you feel special. A little addition: in many of NY hotels 2 or 3 PM means 2 or 3 PM /sharp, and in few you get a room as you arrive (if available of course) without further questions and a big smile. Definitely a place to stay!!!

Fantastic and comfortable accomodations
    • 1 Gallery King

Loved the boutique feel and personalized service. Also, quiet area (which is rare in NYC). So perfect to catch some good rest after a long day of sightseeing. We had a window gallery room with a king bed that was extremely comfortable. Very clean facilities and the restaurant on site is top notch. Close to everything. Fifth avenue and times square are just a short walk away. Would stay again!

the location near to timesquare / central station...
    • 1 Gallery King

My room was not availabe at my check in at ...midnite The hotel doesn't propose any shuttle to the airport, i paid 75$ to go from the hotel to the airpot and it was the hotel who proposed this service.

the location near to timesquare / central station /metro

Great stay damaged by overcharge I had to fight to get returned
    • 1 King Bed 1 Bedroom Suite

When my dad checked out, they overcharged him by $70 from the Booking.com rate. I needed to come personally to the hotel to resolve it, and needed to justify the booking.com rate. Not professional and very sneaky. My dad would have been overcharged had I not been emailed the receipt.

Suites are excellent, very nice layout and a lot of character.

The Staff, the location, the room style all great
    • 1 Gallery King

the only negative point of this establishment, is that there is a smell of food coming from the restaurant downstairs that affects all rooms... I had to change my first and get a second one, where the problem was less present, but still present from the bathroom window.

The Staff, the location, the room style all great

Perfect hotel for an amazing marathon weekend.
    • 1 Gallery King

The ONLY thing that we didn't have was coffee. No coffee in the room or anywhere in the hotel before 6:30am. But there was an awesome deli on the corner open 24 hours, so it worked out!

The hotel was in the perfect location....rooms were comfy and cozy and decor was totally hip.

Fair at best. May give one more try if they can clean up and professionalize.
    • 1 Gallery King

I stayed her when first open and this was my second stay. Total property seemed run down and not clean. Elevator dirty, large bag of garbage outside elevator that was there most of stay. There were gummy hunks of stuff stuck on carpet in room. Does not live up to a $300+ room. This could be a great niche hotel if they put a little elbow grease and effort into it. Front desk staff spoke to each other in Spanish most of time and it felt as if you were inconveniencing them by interupting. Car bellhop interupted my checkout to speak to guest clerk.

Location, room layout, comfy bedding

Good location, clean, comfortable, watch out when paying!
    • 1 Gallery King

Upon checking out we were charged approximately $150 more than we had agreed as per our booking.com booking. It was clear that they were trying to over charge us as when we questioned the amount they immediately corrected it without prompt from us of how much the agreed amount was, meaning they must have already had this on record.

The rooms were spacious and the beds large and comfortable.

Great value for money
    • 1 Gallery King

Bedsheets not changed daily Ice maker on 17th floor and with no signs to tell you where it it. I had to walk through the hallways to find it Hand towels too small

The attention to the design of the room was amazing especially when we where informed of the building's historical tenants Bed very comfortable Use of space in bathroom is clever Great to have coffee in lobby at all times

Hilton staff unprofessional
    • 1 Gallery King

Judy at the front desk was very rude! We purchased a city view and we did not get it. Just said that we should take a helicopter ride if we want to see the city. She also said these booking companies book rooms the may don't exist. We then asked to speak to the manager and she refused and later said she was the manager. In order to fix this mess we had to have booking call and give us the correct room! Manager never called us back after leaving a message on his phone.

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Great value. Modern and spacious in a historic building
    • 1 Gallery King

Great price for a new hotel. Everything was clean and up to date with a fresh design. Loved the historical aspect of staying in this repurposed building where famous writers once lived. Very quiet.

The perfect weekend, with a more than comfortable stay if you wanna stay in your room or go out!
    • 1 Gallery King

Nothing it was amazing, all around!

The staff was so helpful and all the facilities were so clean! It was a beyond wonderful stay, plus the bed was HUGE!

Sorely disappointed!
    • 1 Gallery King

Despite the fact that I had informed the reception assistant that the accommodation was pre-paid (3 months prior to arrival deducted from my account), the hotel double charged my credit card!!!! (Very inconvenient to try and rectify their mishaps when no-one answers the phone, whilst on vacation.) Despite a early checking option no rooms were available after a 16 hour fight! We had to wait almost 20 minutes for the hotel to find the reservation during check-in!

Perfect location not too busy & central

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

It was a nice stay

The restaurant was awesome. The menu was really good but the service was extremely slow and the staff not attentive, it would take a long time to get their attention.

The hotel was lovely and clean. The room was just right and comfortable. The location was perfect. Loved the artsy feeling and the decor.

Great location, friendly staff.

Would have liked tea/coffee making facilities in room, to save trip down to lobby, where complimentary beverages served. Mouse in bedroom on floor 6. Fortunately did not see it until 3am on last night. Mouse trap under radiator, so problem already known. Risky I would have thought putting clients in bedroom until pest control sorted.

Location Good.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Highly recommended!

Some of the staff (in the reception) could have been more friendly

-Top View of the Empire State Building -Perfekt location (subway, bus to airport, the main sightseeings are in a walkable distance) -Free coffee every morning in tha lobby und fresh water tha whole time in the lobby for free -Very good and fancy restaurant in the hotel - Very Good value for money