Reviews of The Ridge on Sedona Golf Resort By Diamond Resorts 3 stars

55 Sunridge Circle, Sedona, AZ 86351, USA

#32 of 62 hotels in Sedona

N/a

Full sized refrigerator was nice. There were typical household kitchen items like the toaster, microwave, coffee pot and blender. In addition to the stove. The balcony was nice and of course the view in every direction was amazing.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Check out time of 10 is too early and cleaners were camped out in front of our units at 9:30.

Showed up late after a long travel day full of delays and mishaps including losing my glasses and not being able to see. Check in staff were so patient and kind despite my overall grumpiness. Upon walking into our 2 connected units....all upset immediately dissipated. What a great place. Wonderful location in Oak Creek Village with Red Rocks right there. Night sky is amazing. Amenities top notch from pool to pillows. Would definitely stay again...longer next time.

NA

I like this hotel, it's located in the Golf resort, their service is great. It's quiet place, conformable and relax. I enjoyed to stay here.

Everything was amazing!!!

Very clean. Kitched included dishes pans to cook with, silverware dishwasher and soap included. This was an Amazing place to stay with my family. The view from the room was great! My 3 yr old and 6yr old loved it!!!!!!! The Bathroom in our room had a full size bathtub for an adult to relax and take a bath. It also has a shower it in. Beds were comfy and very clean. The pool was great. We couldn't keep our kids out of it.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

Our spacious suite had everything we could possibly need, it was very clean and the beds were great. Swimming in the pool you had a beautiful view of the mountains. Everyone was really welcoming too.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

We didn't know how to dispose of our garbage once we emptied our garbage cans.

Great staff. Place was very clean and the landscaping was well maintained.

• Studio

The room could have been cleaner. The shower felt like it hadn’t been scrubbed in a while. Also, we stayed in a bottom unit and the noise really carries. I’m glad the people above us weren’t up too late, but it got kind of loud at times.

The location is great. You are very close to hiking trails and gorgeous mountains. The pool we went to was great with an amazing view. The staff was very friendly. We stayed in the studio which was a great size. The bathroom was huge. Loved the full kitchen. Also appreciated that the room was equipped with extra blankets and pool towels.

• One-Bedroom Condo

The construction was a bit of a bother and we didn't get to the pool partly for that reason. S L O W check in procedures...

The unit was terrific and the view the BEST. 1406 We will return!

• One-Bedroom Condo

see above- room was ok but lack of services was deplorable

no housekeeping plus no wi fi service plus extra charges not detailed in on line description add to that a uninformed and untrained staff

• Studio

Consierage was too high pressure selling and than messed up our hiking booking. Very disappointed. Seemed when we wouldn’t agree to the selling meeting the interest in us dropped.

Nice resort. Clean

• Studio

The shower was awful. Was built as handicapped but wasn’t. It had a ledge to step over. You had to hold the shower nozzle in one hand while trying to take a shower. It didn’t work well at all.

Good communication with us before trip. Check in and check out was good. They wanted us to here about time share- we weren’t interested.

• Studio

Timeshare soft sell. Restaurants a bit of a drive. Pots and pans too tiny for anything but eggs.

Studio with sofa, kitchen, dining table and small patio was spacious for two people. BBQ outside allowed us to cook for ourselves. Beautiful grounds and pool. Even free laundry.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

No liquid creamer for coffee.

Love the suites. Two beds and two pull out couches with a large living area and kitchen. Great price for such beautiful and luxuries accommodations.

• Studio

Its a timeshare resort and feels like a retirement community. The staff are super annoying and fake and they bug you. No housekeeping. If you are under 60 you will feel weird

Comfortable suites for a longer stay

• Two-Bedroom Suite

We were in back unit with no view.

The beds were super comfortable and even the fold out sofa bed was memory foam! The fireplace was nice on a chilly evening.

• One-Bedroom Condo

When I got to the front desk they couldn’t charge my card the guy by the front kept on saying that it’s decline so finally I had to do it on my own and was working,the stuff don’t look friendly or helpful at all

The place was nice and clean

• Studio

Did not have room cleaned daily. Could not open drapes, due to no privacy. 10 AM check out. Concierge trying to get you to go to a time share meeting.

• Studio

The fact that we needed just a quick relaxing weekend without any drama or issues. Arrived on sat evening to be told we were being upgraded to a different room for one night by the next morning would have to switch to a room we paid for. Huge inconvenience since we just wanted to come here and veg out before dealing with some family issues the next week. Then the beds were horrible, both my wife and I didn’t sleep good due to the beds being very uncomfortable and both our backs were very sore the next morning in both rooms. Monday morning woke up to dishes clattering and doors slamming in the next room around 650. Def for what we paid I would have stayed at the Hilton for a few more dollars to be relaxed!

Weather

• One-Bedroom Condo

Really cheap, poor quality, old furnishings and atmosphere. They treat you simply as a potential time share buyer. Once they get that you’re not interested, you don’t exist!! We paid for a view, the view was of the service yard, if you could look over it and not see the work shop lights all night then I guess it was a view. Their response is they were all booked up!!

Very simple property.

• Studio

Bit of a disappointment to be honest, no maid service at all. Small bed compared to the other hotels we have stayed in. No breakfast options. We stayed here as a treat amongst a string of motels during a long road trip. The motels were more comfortable. Also, at least a 20 min drive into sedona. Would not stay here again.

Nice room.

Upon check-in we were given a sales job to offer deep discounts on tours if we would take a two hour session on buying a time share. They were very persistent (too persistent) and they called us several times in the room to try to get us to book tours and or come to the presentation. In the end, we decided not to take any tours but to do our own thing. They only had room cleaning and linens changed every third day. I thought for the price, we should have had at least every other day. The bed mattress needs to be replaced and the furniture, and cabinets need updating.

The kitchen was well equipped with new utensils and pots; plenty of glassware. There was a large fridge and full sized oven. In room laundry was handy. Good sized rooms.

• Studio

It was fairly confusing getting to our house, but it was night and road signs were hard to see.

The rooms were large, there is no cell service so the free wifi was really useful. The views were incredible and the prices were more than reasonable.

• Studio

trash can in the clothes closet was a bit odd; walls are thin so shutting doors and other residents walking above you are easily heard

Coffee in the lobby was very good and available for guests 24/7; I liked the location which wasn't in the center of town but still near some good places to eat. For those staying in a studio, (which doesn't come with a washer/dryer) there is a laundry room next to the lobby. That was awesome as we did some hiking on our vacation.

• One-Bedroom Condo

We prefer a bed with a mattress that is not quite so firm.

We really like the location, south of the crowds of downtown Sedona. Property is well kept up.

• Studio

All good except could have had more tea.

Well equipped room. Enough space for a studio. Quiet, Good fitness room, Would have liked to spend more time to golf and hike in the area,

• Studio

Room was claustrophobic. Couch was too dingy to sit on and refrigerator sounded like an airplane taking off in our room. Disappointing.

Location was great. right off highway and perfect for weary travelers.

Actually everything was good

The rooms were very spacious had kitchen and dining table. Was well worth the price and close to everyth8ng we wanted to see and do.

• Studio

Dining room light too low and awkward; we kept hitting our heads on it.

Great location, beautiful area, friendly staff. The room was clean and pleasant. The bathroom was spacious and nice shower.

10am check out was a little early. Would prefer 11am or noon

Were surprised at the activities on offer. Thought the guy giving the talk about native heritage and playing the flutes was excellent.

• Studio

It was run down. The couch was frayed and sagged and the mattress needed to be replaced. The bathroom door wouldn’t latch.

Basically, a good place to stay for one or two nights. The unit was well designed and well equipped.

• Studio

The bed but that is a challenge to meet as everyone has their own likes when it comes to bedding

The location was good - close to anything you would want to do from restaurants to hiking trails.

• Studio

Pull out bed was not very soft.

Bed was comfortable. The kitchen was small, but adequate. Nice big bathroom, with great shower. Little balcony, with good view. The hot tubs were great, although the bubbles stopped working the last night.

• One-Bedroom Condo

Absurd no-smoking policy even on balcony, even in parking place. And absurd, really inconvenient check out time at 10 AM. At 9.45 AM there was cleaning lady stepping outside the door and waiting for us to get out. I do not like this kind of approach to your guest.

Very nice condo, washing machine and dryer were inside the appartment. Fully equipped kitchen. Nice balcony. Really large bathroom with both separate shower and bath tub. Two TVs!

• Studio

Cleanliness and staff response when I complained about someone else's underwear being on our kitchen table - it was oh sorry about that, you're paid up is there anything else I can help you with today?'

Good location to explore the surrounding Sedona area.

• Studio

The bathroom is large and has a beautiful walk-in shower, but I would have enjoyed having a bath tub as well.

I was wanting a 'retreat-like, quiet' place and when I mentioned this at check-in, I was given a studio suite in one of the buildings at the very end of the property. I also did not realize at the time I booked it that this property is actually located in the Village of Oak Creek, which is about a 15 minute drive to downtown Sedona. I was very grateful that it was located where it was!

• Studio

That check-out is earlier than the regular.

Not expensive place with all the comforts of home... full size fridge freezer, microwave Gorgeous location, helpful staff, hot tubs outdoor..

• Studio

Since it was a time share property the concierge was really pushy on trying to get us to waste two hours on a presentation, when we approached the desk they kept saying”welcome home” , the door to the adjoining suite was thin so we could hear conversations, their washer and dryer going, our fridge was loud when it came on,I wore earplugs to get to sleep

Beautiful location, suite was perfect for our needs, golf course in walking distance, helpful staff in pointing out local attractions ,shopping etc. Nice pool with a view, outdoor barbecue always clean, very comfortable furnishings.

• Studio

Away from rest of Sedona. NO CELL SERVICE AND SHOTTY WIFI. Rude service, wasn’t given a key until last night of stay due to system failure. Reception was rude and unapologetic. The only nice person was maybe one receptionist and the nice handy man who kept having to escort us to the room because they couldn’t make us keys for two days. Also, they entered our room while we were gone just to leave us info on buying a convo. Made me uneasy they came in like that. Last night, WiFi went out. So no cell service and no WiFi left us cut off.

• Studio

My wife left 2 expensive hats in the closet when we left. We contacted the property twice to see if they could ship them to us at my expense, there was no reply.

The cost was good and the room was well equipped for basic cooking etc.

• Studio

The parking spots are up a curved sidewalk/hill. No matter how I tried to back out the bottom front of my car kept hitting the ground as I was reversing.

Perfect place to stay for our first solo couple getaway. Close to restaurants, hiking, and shops. Beautiful location. Fast easy check in/check out. Friendly staff. Highly recommend!

Nothing at all!

I requested a top floor one bedroom apartment with a nice view, and that's exactly what I was given. The apartment was wonderful - clean, comfortable and extremely well equipped. I planned to stay for two nights but extended my stay by a day. The Ridge is close to some of the best hiking in the Sedona area, there is a decent food store almost next door and there are several restaurants in the area. I loved the Oak Creek located, and prefer this village to Sedona (which is a 15-min drive away). I loved the outdoor hot tub where you can soak under the stars after a day of hiking!

• One-Bedroom Condo

Placed in an ADA room. Not what was expected or needed. Front desk person not very nice or accomodating when I inquired about the tub specifically -- not as shown in pictures and the reason the property and type of room was booked

• Studio

- A bit secluded, far from the main road - eg. if you're planning on walking to nearby restaurants - Wish they had dining options at the resort, as this area of Oak Creek is pretty secluded

- Great, comfortable unit - Nice, well-cared property - Nice pool and hottub - although we didn't go in

• Studio

The bed was a queen size....but very small for two adults. It would have been nice if there was a restaurant on the property.

We enjoyed being out of the main town of Sedona, it was still close enough to visit many attractions in the area.

• One-Bedroom Condo

If I am going to be charged $10.00 per day for a "Resort Fee", that includes Wi-Fi, then I expect the Wi-Fi to be worthy of the fee. It is very slow, 4.12 MB speed at its' best. This is the worst I have ever experienced at a hotel. Resort fees need to go away anyway, but as long as it is going to be charged, provide a quality product.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

The sign pointing visitors to the property was not lighted, therefore difficult to see at night.

Rooms were clean and well-stocked, property was quiet and private, staff was friendly, gym is better than average.

• Studio

Only unfortunate thing is the hot tub and pool are a little distance from some of the rooms... a nice enough walk though.

When you pull into the suites you really feel like your driving down your street and into your home rather than to a hotel, its lovely.

• Studio

Adjoining doors between apartments mean very bad sound proofing. If you are unlucky with your neighbours, as i was, this is very bad news.

Comfortable, well furnished rooms.

• Studio

We couldn’t sleep the 2 nights we stayed there because it was too cold, the heater did not work. We requested it to be fixed, it worked for a short while but it stopped again. We were quite disappointed. :(

The location is fantastic, the beds were ok

• Studio

The rooms were absolutely beautiful and the golf course was totally amazing! Everyone at this place were pleasant and helpful! I would recommend this place to everyone I know! One of the best places we have ever stayed!

• Studio

There is no desk. I think this place is more likely not for someone need to do some work. Anyway, kitchen table works for me.

Kitchen has everything you need to prepare food. I'm so happy when I found out they provide Cuisinart blender. Shower room is big, but unfortunately no bathtub provided.

• Studio

the concierge try to take advantage of you on activity booking. that is not very nice for older folks who don't get online to book activities.

the location out of town a bit and on the golf course

• Studio

Through booking, they gave us the worst room on the entire resort. We were on the ground floor and the balcony faced the parking lot and a huge garbage bin. We had zero privacy and did not feel safe on the ground floor. We asked to be changed and the resort just said that they were full.... Not acceptable. We would have reserved another hotel room if the description on booking was accurate. (ground level, parking lot/garbage bin view)

The property is well situated for those who would like to do some great hiking in the area. It is also away from the crowds of downtown for those who prefer that.

• Studio

Disappointed. My boyfriend and I spent 700 dollars to stay in this hotel for 4 nights. I had asked when booking to receive a view and then asked again at check in. The concierge said “you’ll be very happy with your room” - my view was of a propane tank and the parking lot despite all of my requests, I would have paid more to be able to actually see the rocks that make Sedona so famous. The units are all spread out through a large property. The hot tub behind our building has stunning views and looks functional but for whatever reason was closed despite my asks serveral times to unlock it. We had to walk in our suits about 10 minutes to get to the nearest spa which had kids running around and splashing in. You cannot smoke anywhere on this property. Forget having your cigarette and coffee in the morning which if your anything like me is a big joy to start your day. You cannot drink in any of the facilities and there isn’t a bar or restaurant. I saw motels further up the strip that had better views and amenities. Don’t waste your money. Too many kids, bad views, crappy pool/spa location and no food or in room dining.

Coffee was good

• Studio

Rugs were dirty. Soundproofing between units is poor. The unit could use a comfortable chair or 2. Only dining table chairs. Poor TV placement. Right in front of the bed, a bad angle from the small couch.

Nice location. Clean bathroom

• Studio

The only thing we didn’t like was we didn’t realize it was a time share property when we booked. And them constantly trying to get us to do their “two hour tour” of the property to get free or discounted activities was really annoying. I’ve sat through a timeshare tour once before and it was the worst experience ever. And I didn’t realize what I was getting myself into. So the fact that they continued to try to get us to sign up for the “tour” was a little annoying. Not what we wanted to deal with on our vacation in Sedona.

It was nice and clean. Easy to check in. Close to town and things to walk to. It was pretty views and had everything we needed. Would definitely stay here again.

• One-Bedroom Condo

Wifi was not great, I use an Ipad when I'm traveling on business and either there were too many people on the system or it wasn't able to handle my Ipad needs.

Room was nice, clean and well designed

• Two-Bedroom Suite

We arrived early and had hoped the normal practice of trying to get people into a room an hour or so quicker would be accommodated but the room wasn't ready until 4pm on the dot.

The view from the room across the golf course to the red hills was inspiring. We loved the well kitted out kitchen for some home cooking. The location in the village of Oak Creek is convenient for hiking and has all the services required, plus it's only a 20 minute beautiful drive to Sedona town.

• Studio

I didn't like how small the bed was it said it was a queen was more like a full I didn't like that our room faced the parking lot and our porch I would had like to sit outside a little I didn't like that they didn't tell us there was a resteraunt on site

The bathroom was a good size and the room was nice

• Studio

- They were doing work outside our room, so no view, accept equipment. - Studio room was small and you could hear the people next door to us. - Concierge asked if we wanted tour and we agreed. We were together and put on two different tours, and once they figured it out, the two behind the counter at the tour site were blaming other staff members. (wasn't very professional)

- golf course was well kept and pretty. - Our Bob, our Tour Guide was very nice and full of great information.

No complaints

Gorgeous resort. Friendly staff, lovely room with all amenities needed for a home like atmosphere. Rooms were very large on the golf course. Great value for your dollar.

• Two-Bedroom Suite

The check-in driveway is awful. There is a skinny drive to the right that only allows golf carts and the drive on the left is one lane. We were stuck behind 2 cars that were vacant because the occupants went inside to not only check-in, but to get coffee, look around, chit-chat, what have you. The resort staff would not ask them to move their vehicles so our car, plus all of the cars behind us, were stuck waiting for them to move. I've never had that happen at a resort. There needs to be signage regarding cars not being left there for an undetermined amount of time.

A distance from town.

Stayed in a lovely fully furnished condo. Nice balcony with view of driving range. Tv in bedroom and living area. Large bath with separate large tub and shower. Excellent price, would stay again. Time share but we politely declined presentation . They were offering excellent incentives to listen to presentation.

• Studio

It's a long was from the shops and restaurants in Sedona so it is a good 25 minute drive into town. Town has free parking though. The staff did work hard to try to get us to see their 'presentation' about Diamond Resorts. The hard sell for thir timeshares was a little annoying.

A lovely, large, clean room with a simple kitchen that allowed us to cook a few of our own meals while we were there. Big bathroom with a great shower. The views are stunning and there are lots of walks nearby. The pool area was great.

• One-Bedroom Condo

It appeared the floor was not vacuumed both before we arrived and also when housekeeping came during our stay which kind of made me a little squeamish. The rest of the unit appeared clean tho

The location was good. The unit was good size. Front desk service was great

• Studio

The room was nice, but smelled musty. Not very fresh! The parking spaces were very narrow and difficult to get in and out of car. Also, they had blocked Fox news channel from the TV for some reason.

The front desk was very helpful, especially with places to dine. All in all the resort was very nice, especially for the money.

• Studio

outdated. poor view. charged an additional $50+ for hotel fee on top of what I had previously prepaid.

studio was a little outdated. I was suppose to have a great view but our view was of the parking lot and propane tanks. That's if you could see past the tree and its branches. Disappointed in that as I asked if we could change rooms but were told no. Too much money for the lack of a nice view.

• One-Bedroom Condo

Appartment was dark and smelled old, walls are brown, couch bed was quite used. On check-in we asked 2 times for an appartment on an upper floor which we finally got with view on a maintenance building and noisy street (despite request for light and calm place at booking). Mini swimming pool. Staff not very reactive. Would not come again..

Well eqiped kitchen. The ridge on Sedona Golf course is very close by. Views on rocks in this area.

• Studio

Got there after dark and it was difficult to fine room and poor directions to get to room from lobby.

It was fair at best. Room was disconnected from main part of facility and had to drive car to pool and anything else.

• Studio

The shower was super weak like a drizzling rain. If you are on the ground level, upstairs noise can be loud.

It's roomy and having a kitchen is a plus.

• Studio

The bed was a little firm for my taste. But that's a small complaint compared to the great experience we had.

The staff was amazing. Especially buckshot Bob!! Thank you guys so much.

• Studio

I booked for my friend and I to stay but I did not go as an unexpected accident happened to my daughter. I heard from my friend that the hotel is really nice

• Studio

Reception said check-in time was 4:00pm and refused to check us in before then, even though suites were clearly available. We went sightseeing and returned later, but I was unimpressed. The concierge also was poorly informed and could not answer basic questions about the various rock viewing points.

Well equipped spacious apartment. Clean.

• Studio

Everything was great, except the staff trying to sell us into their Time Share scheme.

This is a Golf Club Resort. The self contained units are of a high standard and the location is fabulous. We were provided with a discount round of golf, and had a great reasonably priced meal at the club house. We also used the clean efficient BBQs. We highly recommend this Resort.

• Studio

Not much of a view from balcony. A 20 minute drive to Sedona.

Beautiful condo with kitchen and large bathroom and deck. Amazing hiking restaurants and vistas.