Reviews of The Ritz-Carlton, South Beach 5 stars

One Lincoln Road, Miami Beach, FL 33139, USA

#36 of 390 hotels in Miami Beach

Glamour and Style but somehow a little bit too old fashioned

Whilst it was good and five star it's all a bit to staid and set in a old era of "class status". We had a better 5 star experience at a more modern hotel in Key West and would look for our glamour on a much smaller more personal scale in future.

The location and beach is so good and it is a 5 star hotel. If you live 5 star all your life you'll be used to this level of excellence. but for us whilst it was good it's too staid. Had a better 5 star experience at a more modern hotel in Key West and would look for our glamour on a much small scale in future.

All was amazing.

All was amazing. Wonderful pool, in from of the beach, 2 minutes walking distance from Ocean Drive. Room was good, cleaned, we were four with two queen size bad: too small (130 cm large for 2 adults) and I suggest you to ask on bed size after Booking the room. Restaurant fine! The staff super!

We arrived and our room wasn't ready so Yamilla at the...
    • Double Room with Partial Ocean View

We arrived and our room wasn't ready so Yamilla at the front apologized and offered us lunch on the pool deck. DJ was excellent in making us feel so welcome in Miami (a first for us all) and along with great tips also brought us the most amazing bread with sea salt and kalamata olive dip. Our room still wasn't ready after lunch and Yamilla was so quick to upgrade us and the the other room in our party so we could rest after our red eye flight. She was so kind! And to make sure our other party was near to us was incredibly considerate. The next day we had lunch by the beach and it took quite a while and Leon (that could be wrong) noticed and Becca the Supervisor came over apologized and offered to grab anything we were missing. She from then on out said hello to us everyday and always left us laughing with her witty humor. The other part that stands out was the coffee bar in the am and Ezequiel (hope I'm right! so many amazing people) He was awesome! So exciting to learn more about coffee and even Miami itself. He's really an awesome and dynamic part of your team. All these little details could have turned our bachelorette into a headache but both myself, my fiance, and our friends were SO impressed. We have already started planning on a visit next year. I hope this email find the right hands to give them accolades because it's not easy to do what they all do and they truly care and make SUCH a difference. They are phenomenal.

I will recommend this hotel to anyone

I can't think of anything we didnt like

The concierge was so friendly and helpful he made us feel like VIPs. I lost my reading glasses and the bartender had a pair of readers sent to my room .Adam at the front desk sent us candles and linen spray because we commented on a fragrance ! We felt pampered the entire stay .

Fantastic!!

As I was trying to enjoy the spa after a great massage the fire alarm went off, it kind of ruined the relaxation mode. Not sure if that happens a lot or not, the way the staff acted it seemed like maybe it happens more often than not.

This property is perfect for someone who just wants to relax and may not want to drive anywhere. The beach was amazing, pool was fantastic and the restaurant was great. Just a few blocks up was the fabulous Lincoln st mall. It included a lot of ethnic restaurants of all types and great shopping. The spa was fabulous also. Rooms are comfortable, had alittle trouble setting the ac low enough, but over all it was fine. I had put my luggage in the closet, which I don't recommend doing, all my clothes smelled mildew within a few days. Probably due to humidity. Staff was all very nice.

Great breakfast buffet

Pricy pricy pricyyyyt (the mandatory resort fee is incomprehensible!?!) Not clean enpugh rooms No self parkinf space available close by and thr valet is expensive

Great breakfast buffet Good location Super view from a standard view room

Amenities are super.

Overall a wonderful experience, but because of the two hang-ups below, i would not say the excellence I have come to expect from ritz at this location. There were several occasions that the pool area was not properly staffed, very long waits for service. There was one occasion that the front desk staff was not properly trained.

Amenities are super. Restaurant was great. Location to Lincoln road is the best.

You can never go wrong with Ritz Carlton.

We always have to wait at the reception for assistance, usually only Two staff at the front desk.

Great location, smiling and helpful staff, tasty food.

Not satisfied

1- because of hotel's porters my painting that I brought from Machu Picchu (350$) has been lost when I arrived to the hotel on July 15th., when i got the cap from Fort Lauderdale i put the painting in the taxi, & when I arrived to the hotel the porters didn't get it, maybe they didn't recognized that it's one of my luggages. I'm sad because the painting is from a place that i may not visit again. 2- after the first 2 nights, I traveled to orlando, & before that i talked to the front desk ( Ms. Jenna - in particular) to book 2 connected rooms (330 & 328) for last 2 night after coming back from Orlando; but when I came back on 27th of July, they gave me 2 separated rooms, which was not comfortable at all to my family, & when I went to the front desk to ask them about that mistake specially that i booked & paid for 2 connected rooms, the lady told me: at least they are next to each other!

More Like 4* hotel. Best location. Very good service with the exception in the check in and out.

The hotel was over book when i arrived on saturday and they moved me at 10pm to key biscane with my little boy. Nothing confortable after a long trip. they compensated me with an upgrade and late check out. Was a good service after the big mistake. At the check out the want to charge me 1200usd more than what i reserved with Booking.com After my claim the checked and correct the final bill, i spend 40 minutes. The hours for the room cleanest aré not the best; too early for latins. They charge you if you receive more than 5 package (5usd per package) if you want to use the kids club you have to paid (95usd full day or 75 3hs). The wifi was pretty good but doesn't works in the Beach. The taxes from miami are over the 14%.

Location!! best staff at the beach (they provided What you Need, toys, boards, sunscreen and offers Cool drinks over the day) the other is the staff in the Door welcoming everytime with a smile and they know your name felino you are "at Home". The room has confortable the bed and pillows the best. All the nights the put fresh Walter and chocolates in the room. The 37 usd property charge was fine for the general Service you receive during the stay. The free wifi works perfect in the property.

the hotel is getting old it needs immediate renovations and...
    • King Room with Oceanfront View

the hotel is getting old it needs immediate renovations and modernization concerning the rooms there are 4 stars hotels in South Beach that are more modern and way more comfortable

Amazing hotel
    • Club Level Oceanfront One-Bedroom Suite

Nothing to dislike in the hotel. I don't like the Miami Dolphins (nothing to do with the hotel) :D

Amazing stay, amazing staff. Hillary & Jenna I think, from tbe reception desk were amazing. There was a delay in handing over the room, they gave me a very nice upgrade 👍👍

Absolutely not worth it!

Very old, not very clean feeling.. the sheets had holes in them! The staff in general are not very professional. We were extremely surprised, not the level we are used to from the ritz-carlton!

Location, Location, Location!

I found the concierge to be a bit blunt, and not very warm. We had a parcel delivered to the hotel, and they claimed it was not delivered. Parcel was never retrieved.

The room was modern, clean and tidy. The location is excellent and on the beach. The pool area is nice, and good service.

Gorgeous Resort

It was a bit far of a drive from Fort Lauderdale, but other than that, our entire trip went very well. Our stay was pleasant.

The property was clean and beautiful. The staff was very accommodating, and the entire stay was great. Getting to the property from the airport was a little over half an hour, but it wasn't too difficult to get there. Our rooms were prepared early, and we got to enjoy even more because of the convenience of the location. A lot of shops were around, and we could easily order food or go out for drinks and desserts.

Housecleaning really poor. Forgot to clean the room and even after calling guest service and asking them to do the room swiftly they took another hour to come.

Incredible amenities
    • Club Level Double Room with City View

The staff members were extremely helpful. They went out of their way to provide excellent customer service. We will absolutely return to this hotel. We loved the club lounge. It's definitely worth the additional charge. The food and presentation were amazing

Abysmal Service

Main hotel staff were rude and arrogant. Room wasn't cleaned both days. First we returned at 5:30 and room was still a mess. Second day we returned at 3:30 and also wasn't cleaned. Both days had to call down to get room serviced. Most astonishingly, the last day a man from room services knocked on our door 15 minutes past checkout. We responded we weren't ready. The guy then opened the door and let himself in to tell us we had to leave!!! Consider that my wife and I weren't dressed. This is completely unacceptable!!! Why not try using the telephone? I've never seen something like that before. I'm also a Gold Marriott/Ritz member so you'd think there would be some accommodation. Really horrific service. It's pretty hysterical that no one could clean our room in a timely manner, but when 11:00AM checkout rolled around they barge into your room unannounced. Keep in mind, the hotel wasn't remotely full. They had no need for this room. I called down to the front desk and they immediately extended my checkout to 2:00PM. I won't be staying here again.

Bed was super comfortable. Wait staff at the pool were great.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Very central location, right on the beach, very impressive...
    • King Room with Partial Ocean View

High and 7/24 continuous noise coming from the dozens of air conditioning plants at the north side of the hotel. It was like sleeping in an airplane.

Very central location, right on the beach, very impressive pool, perfect staff, good sea view from the room.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Most comfortable bed I have ever slept on
    • King Room with Pool View

Some pool servers. House keeping could be keener

Bed and mattress. Gym amendments. Pools are clear. Miami beach right outside. Food is decent. Operators do terrific jobs.

Totally Disappointing! Nothing Ritz Carlton; Nothing 5 Star about this Hotel!!

1. The Noise at the Reception, loud music when we arrived. Thats a first for us at a Ritz Carlton or a 5 Star property. One expects serenity and sophistication. not at this hotel. 2. Noisy music again when you sit on the balcony to rest in the afternoons. What's with THE loud MUSIC now all afternoon around the pool? 3. When you (finally) get a good hotel room (north section with balconies), you walk through the breakfast area (really) to get to your room, connecting via the mezzanine floor of the hotel. so complicated to navigate and an inconvenience. you actually get out of the one section of the hotel to get to the reception. 4. This is an Old and Tired facility. Needs serious attention, not at all 5 Star quality, carpets old and worn out. The curtains unkept. There was a water 'flood' on the 4th floor, which was there for most of the days in the week we stayed. FYI: we go to hotels to run away from the blowing sounds of carpet/rug cleaners, and then at this RITZ Carlton thats what you see every morning and evening as you walk in and out of the buildng . Not acceptable! that carpet cleaner machine was not even cleaned and looked unkept. sorry sight! 5. There is Nothing Ritz Carlton about this hotel, compared to the London and the two Atlanta properties. Worse that we checked into this one after stayng at the FANTASTIC Ritz Carlton on Peachtree Street in downtown Atlanta. What a total let down!! 6. If you are looking for a good rest, good facilities, quiet place to unwind at 5-Star level, try somewhere else. There was too much 'traffic' at the door of this hotel. 7. It is not worth $465 or $265 per night really. not worth that rate. 8. The courtesy guest shuttle service; which we enjoyed at the other Ritz Carlton hotels; is not available at this hotel to take you anywhere at whatever time, even to Ocean drive Just a drive around the block. 9.

There is NOTHING, absolutely nothing RITZ Carlton about this OLD and TIRED Hotel, safe for the staff that try their best to do good!

We (me and my wife) stayed at this hotel in May 2016 as a...

We (me and my wife) stayed at this hotel in May 2016 as a pre summer vacation. The hotel location is ideal, right at the most happening, the South beach. The hotel only provides valet parking for which US$40 + is charged From the time we arrived in to the hotel till departure, the experience was excellent. Our luggage was handled by the concierge staff. At the time of check-in, two lovely ladies (sorry cant remember the name, but kudos to them) catered to my wife requirement for a view room and we were upgraded instantly. The room with the balcony had a view of the ocean. The room itself is large in size and offers all amenities which can be expected from Ritz. The quality is top notch of the amenities along with cleanliness. The room has large LED TV which offers youtube/netflix services. Wifi is fast and was complementary The breakfast / brunch is $40 and offers varieties of options including live stations for omelettes and varieties of bread. The breakfast is beside the pool so one can sit outside and or inside. The hotel has access to south beach and offers complimentary chairs and towels to guest (Though when we were going to beach, we were not told that it will be closed at 6 and chairs/towel needs to be returned). The concierge also helped us in getting the right recommendation for city tour. The staff at Ritz are very professional and always are smiling to help and accommodate request.

Disappointed
    • Double Room with City View

For a Ritz Carlton I was surprised at just how dated this property was - in fact I was staggered - chose it because I thought I might need to have some business meetings there but once I saw it, that idea was dropped immediately. It simply stands out as a dated property, with unattractive decor in the public areas, a dining area that feels like a local diner and a pool bar that makes you look in rather than out to the pool - there's nothing to recommend this place. The staff were very nice and rooms were OK but again no big deal - in a market like MIA an experienced/seasoned traveller wouldn't come back - I know I wont.

The location was OK and that's about it.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Excellent staff, shabby hotel

Really outdated interior and exterior This hotel needs serious renovation Too shabby for Ritz Carlton

Very friendly staff Very good breakfast Excellent beachfront location Good service, professional attitude

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Club room was awesome and friendly service
    • Club Level Double Room with City View

My room was not clean for 2 days . Bed sheet have blood stain from previous yet still room clean or bedsheets was not replace . Told them twice

Club room was awesome and friendly service

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Really had a great time

We was asked to show our room key to be set up at the beach I can only believe it was because we were young African American females. The White couple ahead of us was able to give there room number along with there last name. I didn't like the feeling but got over it. This was not the only time we were racially profiled, while at the hotel. Overall it was great!

The service was great The bed felt like you were sleeping on a cloud

Good but miss Spring Break!!

Reservation system for sun beds - not explained properly

nice hotel - spoilt by rowdy spring break with kids and horrendous noise from music festival next door.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

South Beach / Miami Beach hotel worthy of a visit

The location of this hotel is perfect if you are visiting the South Beach area; away from the noise but within easy walking distance. The pillow topped beds were amazing.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Hotel was clean and tidy and very accommodating to my...

Hotel was clean and tidy and very accommodating to my friends who came along to hotel with me before their flight and they got use of guest room to freshen up before they left

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

Good location, standard Ok for a 5 star hotel.

Sunbeds at the pool were occupied/"reserved" even though we came very early in the morning. It seems the pool staff were payed off in order to reserve beds for people who actually came down much later. Quite busy period and hotel staff seemed to be struggling to manage the high number of guests

Good location, standard Ok for a 5 star hotel. quite pricy pool bar/restaurant

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

We had a great Christmas holiday,I will come again...
    • Double Room with Partial Ocean View

Building was old they need to renovate, fitness saloon was small and lunch and dinner menu was poor...and you can never find any place on the beach ,sunbeds are always full ....

Breakfast was excellent, concierge staff were so friendly and helping very well..Actually all employees were helpful..Location was perfect...

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Waste of money

I like how the front desk workers will give out your room key to your own friends and violate their rules and my rights with proof of identification!

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

It is expensive (and even overpriced), but great location
    • Executive King Suite

All breakfast drinks are upon request only, so if you want bit extra of orange juice try to get attention of the lady that runs away. Sparkling wine is not included for breakfast buffet, even though the buffet price would cover for 2-3 bottles of real champagne. The service at DiLido Beach Club is pure chaos at lunch time, not up to the Ritz standards. No Wi-Fi in the beach area, but try National Guests with nhmiami39.

Great location. Comfortable bed. Good room and bathroom areas. Great staff at reception. Good Wi-Fi. Free chairs and umbrella at the beach, I mean "free" as it is paid for already.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Great first impression, but just a nice hotel room for a lot of money!

Dirty glasses on patio for 2 days, no beach games as promised in the daily resort fee! Very expensive at $500 per room per night

Lovely bedrooms, comfy beds, great location

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Beautiful hotel, excellent service!
    • Double Room with City View

Extremely poor light in bathroom for hair and makeup! We were placed in a handicap room and shower ran all over the floor with every shower!

Great view, good room service!

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

Excellent location but overpriced

Breakfast not included as very expensive and food and beverages are generally unjustifiably expensive. However, nearby there are multitudes of good places to eat with reasonable prices

Location is excellent

• Reviewed: 26 December 2016

Great location- take beech view never city side of hitel

Everything was great except the city view - that was only because it faces Collins Ave and corner of Lincoln - so loud pedestrians and vehicle traffic all night. Made impossible to sleep. So we didn't feel very rested until we took naps poolside during day.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Changes to came back

The food it is not good. There are High aditional costs of the room price. No breakfast included. The spa was in renovation. High charge for the car parking. Before you ,we 've been in The Breackers, so it was easy to make comparisson. They were cheaper and better. Sorry.

We like the location. We like that you accepted late check out and thank you for this.Very nice personal.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

A Sad Visit

A hotel first line on South Beach under the Ritz Carlton brand has to offer a lot more. The reception, bar areas are completely without ambiance, the pool area with the restaurant is not exciting at all. Upgrading to the Club Level is waste of money. European Ritz Carlton establishments like Arts Hotel Barcelona is fare ahead of what we experienced here.

The bed is high quality!

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Very comfy, great staff, perfect location.

My breakfast was not very unique. Kind of boring. Eggs seemed like made in a template. Toast cold. Not super fresh.

Oana was great at reception. Friendly, helpful funny. In fact all staff noticeably wonderful including the maintenance staff. Room super comfy. Parking guy and doorman very nice.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Excellent !

They charge £36 per day for car parking

The location is excellent for dining shopping beach and nightlife. There is a wine shop and Walgreens right next to the lobby which is convenient. Bicycles are complimentary for hotel guests. Excellent beach with drinks served on beach. Pool is 24hours.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

The friendliness and courtineousness of the staff.

Everything was great.

The friendliness and courtineousness of the staff. The beach was fantastic as well as the service we received. Also we loved our room.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Memorable hotel stay

Absolutely nothing. No complaints whatsoever.

The excellent service at all levels . My husband an I were celebrating our 45th wedding anniversary. Everyone went out of their way tomake our stay an unforgettable one. We would liike to commend Danny who received us at the front entance, Emmanuel at the front desk, Noel , the concierge, who gave us the art tour. We also would like to point out the good work of Carmen in housekeeping. We stayed in room 543. We remember Consuelo of in-room dining service and her good disposition. Javier Charlesman , food and beverage supervisor, who truly gave the extra mile. He deserves an A+ for service and attitude. Cyndy, our waitress in Le Bistro went out oher way to make our dinner experience more pleasant. Ms. Jenna Waksman very efficiently took care of our checkout procedure.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

Nice hotel, great location......security poor at night !!

We had a very unpleasant experience at night whereby a random person (homeless) managed to get into the hotel from off the street and then the pool area and treat herself to the hot tub / spa, our kids where in the pool/spa at the time, she must have sat speaking to them for a good 10mins before we gathered that she wasn't a hotel guest (which she had proclaimed she was to the kids) and was also under the influence of alcohol and drunk, we reported her to the bar manager who alerted hotel security, who then took some time to get to the pool, they then ejected her from the property (she was like a wild cat when leaving the property). Although the kids were really upset, nothing serious happened but it could have been terrible given the fact that no one new this persons history. We had a chat in the morning with head of security who was obviously concerned how the person got in past security, and then assured us that the hotel was safe and secure. That was about it from the hotel, we got the impression it was brushed under the carpet and heard nothing else, no apology upon checkout, no face to face with the manager at the time or upon checkout, a really bad service and I struggle to say that I would stay in the hotel again, let alone a Ritz Carlton hotel....on top of this they had the cheek to charge me $9 to print off 9 x tickets for the basketball, which was really poor given what we'd been through !

Nice location, decent rooms (should be getting balcony for price)

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

There was a breach of security with a non-resident female in...

There was a breach of security with a non-resident female in the spa one evening with our children for a period of approx. 40 mins before security removed the individual. We had notified a staff member 30 mins prior to security arriving, regarding the individuals irregular behaviour and appearing intoxicated. The kids were distraught and upset after the event and one slept with her mother that night. There was no follow up from the hotel management next day to check on our well being. So I personally asked to talk with the manager next day to ensure improved security measures were in place. The manager did not come to meet with me. I was called later in the day in my room from security to advise that security reacted within 4-7 mins of the incident. This is incorrect. We chose this hotel for our stay in Miami because it was advertised as safe and suited to families. This was very disappointing and left a sour taste for the remainder of the stay, casting doubt on the hotel security. The children were not confident to use the pool facilities in the evening on their own for the remainder of the stay.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

First time in South Beach and what a way to spend it staying at the Ritz.

The entire staff was spot on amazing. We got a free upgrade to a pool/ocean view on our arrival. The most spectacular view. The room was absolutely beautiful. I would absolutely stay there again and would highly recommend the Ritz South Beach to family and friends.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

We spent two nights in a room with view to the pool.

Generally, the hotel would need some renovation. In the lobby some of the sofas are domaged and this is unacceptable for a 5 star hotel. We could also hear some noise / music in the room coming from the pool

We spent two nights in a room with view to the pool. The room was very spacious and the bed was really confortable. The pool area is really great and the breakfast buffet provides a large option of choice and is delicious!

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Worst bang for the buck hotel! Go for Loews Hotel!

The staff were unnaturally polite as they were only constantly chasing after a fat tip. They look at you as a huge walking dollar bill.

Localization and clean rooms.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Completely overrated: go for Loews Hotel! We almost got scammed by the receptionist Carlo.

At checking out, the front desk recepcionist Carlo tried to charge us almost US$ 400 for a more than a half hour international phone call made to Argentina or Africa (he wouldn't know for sure). During our 2 night stay, we didn't use any of the optional facilities the hotel offers, such as mini bar, laundry, room service, or phone calls. However, by the time we were checking out (and heading to a scheduled jet ski activity at 10am), the front desk recepcionist Carlo presented to us a ridiculous long distance phone call bill for more than US$ 300. We asked him what was that charge referred to and he answered it was for a phone call made with our room telephone to Africa (or Argentina, he wound't know), for more than 30 minutes, and for that he would have to charge us that ridiculous amount. We told him we did not call anyone during our stay by the room telephone, since we had our own cell phones and we were not to pay for something we did not use. He then said he should check with his manager and on his way back he said the best he could do was take 50% off that phone call bill. We argumented again and told him that if we made that half hour phone call we would have no problem with paying 100% of that bill, but since we didnt do it, the amount due was US$ 0. He then got unpolite and said "well sir, I'm pretty sure the phone wouldnt call by itself". Completely disgusted with that poor treatment delivered to us, I told him I never said the phone called by itself, but only said we did not make ANY phone calls at all. Following, I said I was going to call the police and register a complaint about that extorsion and his only answer was that they had already had our credit card deposit and they would charge it from there plus I should call or do whatever I pleased. Finally, I got inspired and asked him the date and time of the phone call and he answered Sept, 19th, at 1:28pm.

Good localization and clean rooms.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

The perfect apotheosis of a 3-week trip through the US!
    • King Room with Oceanfront View

It is an expensive place, but worth the money.

Everything was perfect. As our room was not ready when we arrived, we got a very nice upgrade. The team at the reception showed exceptional hospitality, though this was in general the case for most of the staff. The location of the hotel is excellent: direct entry to the beach and in few minutes walking distance of the historic district. Food is very good, especially the breakfast, which in the south of the US is not for granted for a European palate and stomach. We'll be back!

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

Lovely spot, but very pricey.

We did not like being informed upon arrival that it would cost us $40 to park our car overnight and and a further 30 a head approx. to avail of the pool and wifi for one night. This should be clearly stated at time of booking. They waived it for us, which was nice.

We loved the sun beds, the ample shade and the direct access to the beach. The room was really spacious and overlooked the pool and beach.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

The Ritz at its finest amazing staff! You sincerely feel like your their only guest.
    • King Room with Partial Ocean View and Club Lounge Access

Absolutely nothing and I was there and I'm still here for what, looks like a months time. I do wish there was a facility to do laundry personally for extended stays.

On top of just an overall amazing experience with the hotel itself and the views and the beauty of the design. Everyone was especially accommodating when I was ill, they helped with my daughte, they would actually go out of their way to check on me to make sure was OK, even took my daughter down to the pharmacy to get medicine and they were very attentive to the people here as if you were there only guest

Can't beat the Ritz!

First time staying at the Ritz and it will be hard to ever not stay there again. Everything was top notch. From the reception, to room service, to the overall service of the entire staff.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

we were upgraded on arrival, and received a fantastic...

we were upgraded on arrival, and received a fantastic welcome to the hotel. it was late and we were tired fromt ravelling, nothing was too much trouble, free water throughout the hotel. excellent pool area, however the pool was a little warm. the pool service was fantastic.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Family Holiday

Cleaning service in the room often forgot to leave towels or shower products.

Top level service in most of the structure as pool, restaurant, etc.. Position is the best in Miami beach having private beach as easy access to the heart of shopping as Lincoln road or Collins avenue

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

Wonderful
    • Double Room with City View

They didn't tell us that in able to access the floor that you will be staying on, once upon entering the lift you must use your room key to gain access before pressing the floor number. As a result we kept on going up and down with our luggage until we figured it out ourselves.

That we were able to check in early due to arriving in Miami at 5:30am.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Awesome weekend!

There's nothing I didn't like.

Love the pool and the poolside as well as the amenities in the room. The room was large and comfortable for the 4 of us. I especially loved the view from my room of the pool and the beach!

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

Great in all respects but breakfast price was outrageous.

Buffet breakfast for three light eaters and one other was $167. The cost became a running joke for our vacation. Seriously...$167 for breakfast?

Everything was great!

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

My stay in Paradise!

It was expensive to stay but given the location, beautiful grounds and excellent customer service it didn't hurt too bad to pay.

Staff was excellent very friendly, more than willing to assist you. Hotel grounds and room was beautiful!!!!

• Reviewed: 13 August 2016

Best hotel in the World
    • Oceanfront Double Room

The price. Unsupervised children throwing balls and squirting water guns in the pool.

Everything. It is the best hotel in the world. The staff go way and beyond what is expected. They make everything perfect. Food brilliant. Club lounge and staff excellent. Bikes are included in resort fee and were a great way of getting about. Loungers on beach and umbrellas also included.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

How to turn a lemon into lemonade
    • Double Room with Partial Ocean View

It's out of your control, but South Beach is expensive.

Our room was taking a long time to get ready so the staff gave us a suite for the night. Nicest room I have ever stayed in a hotel.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2016

Hotel wasn't up to expectations

The hotel wasn't up to expectations. Would definitley not rate it a 5 star. The room was shabby and not enough lighting. Also it was cleaned well.

The staff are amazing. Especially the Porters. The location is prime.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

Overpriced and service could improve

The building was under construction so from 9 am to 5 pm constant banging. The property is very old not up to ritz standards. Way overpriced for the money and service. The room was tiny. I had to call twice in 7 days to get my room cleaned.

The bed was comfortable. The lobby was nice. Free bikes and beach chairs with an umbrella was a plus.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

all good except for parking

Booked with onsite parking This is Miami after all. To find only onsite available was Valet service Whilst excellent service etc with taxes etc This was a cost I thought I'd avoided when booking. It was 91 degrees in Miami so now way we wanted to park the car off site.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

Perfect but at a very high cost
    • Double Room with City View

Very expensive. They are trying to take money on every step. To have an extra umbrella on the beach cost 25$. To drink water on the beach was 5$ small bottle. The breakfast buffet vosts 35$ per person

The reception staff where perfect. Rhe room i booked was sold out on arrival. I was moved to the right room next day. The location is great. Close to everything. The beach and the pool was perfect. Breakfast is delicious but very expensive

Impecable
    • King Room with Ocean View and Club Lounge Access

La recepcion

La pileta

Just a brilliant place in a brilliant location

Fantastic location right in the middle of Miami, South Beach.

Average
    • Oceanfront Double Room

Obsession with tips

I did not like the aggressiveness of the tipping policy

We asked for late check out and they accept with out charging ..but they cut extra amount of money for that

Great Locations, Excellent Hotel, Friendly Staff and...

Great Locations, Excellent Hotel, Friendly Staff and atmosphere.

Nice rooms

Time to wait for reception staff to become available

Nice rooms

Second year visiting. The staff, service, and food make the stay.

Excellent staff

Amazing view_amazing hotel for unforgettable moments!!!

One Of the best hotels in Miami