Reviews of Motel 6 Santa Maria - South 2 stars

1007 East Main St, Santa Maria, 93454, USA

#8 of 17 hotels in Santa Maria

stayed one night checked out came back later the following night and checked inyo same room floors were still dirty n cockroach wr killed on floor still there

dirty, owner is pretty rude and overly observant

The restroom smelled really bad like pee and it kind of made the whole room smell. There was some stains here and there on things as well.

The bed was massive and comfortable, free parking and Wi-Fi and my room also included a microwave and mini fridge

Hair in the shower..pubic hair on the window ceiling in the bathroom..room had little tv and hardly no furnisher..No closet..No dresser..waste of our money..nose mucos on the bathroom wall near the light switch..

• Deluxe King Room - Disability Access

Booked the room for $180 when I got to the motel they said it went up $240 everything was booked will I be reimbursed the extra 60 I paid? Woke up early turn lights on and had roaches on floor.

Leaving early the next morning.

I would have appreciated more amenities like shampoo / conditioner / toothpaste, but admittedly I didn't ask the front desk for them. Also our sheet had a small weird stain on it.

This motel was pretty basic, which is exactly what I needed. I only stayed a quick night - arrived at 2 am, left at 9 am, and I was able to get the amount of sleep I needed.

The bedding was so dirty and had nasty stains from god knows what.. food splatters on the walls dirty floor boards.. front desk lady was rude and so was the owner.

Nothing besides the bed was comfortable

Noisy, dirty and poorly managed. Smoke detectors constantly chirping. Sheets were filthy. Bedspread wrinkled. Not enough staff. Window screen broken. Owners were nice people but responsible for running everything and seemed overworked.

Nothing at all.

We made this our stay to break up our drive from San Francisco to Los Angeles, check in was easy. Our room was modern and clean, bed was super comfortable with a good sized bathroom and television. There is a pool, which looked great unfortunately we didn't get chance to utilise as we had to get back onto the road first thing. Great location and plenty of places to find to eat. I would definitely recommend staying here.

A shelf in the shower room would have been nice.

This is a spartan room for a bragain price. (The photos don't lie.) Smart, efficient design. Nothing extra. Nothing fancy. Contemporary look. No closet but a shelf with hangers. Bring your own shampoo and facial tissue. We really needed a place only to sleep and shower and change clothes for two nights. The king bed with ample roomy bedside tables was extremely comfy. My husband thought there should be a second chair but I didn't mind. The engineered wood floors were better than carpet where dirt can hide. Staff very friendly. We enjoyed our breakfast for a bit of a discount from the motel at the Denny's next door. Oh, and our room was quiet.

• Deluxe Double Room

The noise Factor. The wall should be insulated. Now if you were going to party in that room it would have been okay but if you're going to sleep

No food just coffee the bed was just a bed

Bugs-spiders in room, not given as booked price, property said booking site wrong; was not given room with bath tub as booked. Excessive wait to check in. Desk clerk had difficulty extending a visitors stay and resetting room card. Waited approx. 20 minutes. Shortened stay from a week to a single day. ..

• Deluxe Double Room

Clean Sheets! Looks like they dont wash them all perhaps skipping some rooms? Beddding should be washed daily.

i like the decor and the room location next to the pool. Sliding door was broken and had trouble opening it. Room was clean but one of the beds (2 beds) top sheets were dirty and stained.

I did not Like the fact that I was not given the booking price. They said i never made reservations so I had to pay the regular hotel price not booking price

• Deluxe Double Room

The room that was assigned was not what we requested insted of single bed there were two beds and the neighbors at the top floor we drunkand making a lot od noise! Really bad we ended up paying more

• Deluxe Double Room

The pillows were really dirty,the toilet would tilt everytime you say on it.

The AC, nice and cold.the gsr general service representative was really nice.close to store and food

• Deluxe Double Room

Very dirty walls, sloppy paint on walls, horrible bedding, very noisy and transients hanging out in parking areas all the time. Can hear every step above room...

Free coffee at 630 am in the office lobby

I CANT SAY ANYTHING BAD.

THIS WAS A VERY PLEASANT STAY, CLOSE ENOUGH TO PISMO AND MORRO BAY, TO SEE THE SITES, AND THE RATES COULDNT BE BEATEN. STAFF VERY HELPFUL AND FRIENDLY. I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS TO ANYONE.

The TV....as much as the little poster says theres loads of channels there isn't! The pool area could be much better and the rooms need drink making facilities

I think this place is a little too expensive for what it is. We found out the night before we got there there was a gang related shooting! I know this is not the hotels fault but after then feeling like we didn't want to go out for a walk anywhere we stayed in. there are groups of men hanging around outside which made me feel really intimidated. Pool area really needs a spruce up! The pool hadn't been cleaned in a few days by the looks of it. No hot drink making facilities in the room. Was glad to check out the next day. The room was clean

The fridge wouldn't get cold, the t.v didn't show a clear picture, managers and staff hard to get ahold of when i needed something simple like towels or toilet paper- yikes. Unwelcoming atmosphere. Im young and was stereotyped and was put on the "ghetto" side of the hotel, which doesnt make sense because we all pay the same price here. I don't stay in hotels, I rarely do, but overall I did not like my experience here compared to other places. The only good thing was the room size and the hotel is renovated on the inside somewhat.

It had alot of different lights.

• Deluxe Double Room

I felt like this hotel belonged on an episode of "To Catch a Predator". Very sketchy people driving in and out of the parking lot, creepy men learning at me. This hotel is more like a rent by the hour kinda place.

• Deluxe Double Room

Poor lighting in the room. Tv was useless. Need places to hang towels etc in shower area. No ice machine that I could find.

Place was really clean. Very basic. Bed was comfortable.

• Deluxe Double Room

The location felt a bit uncomfortable in sence of safety. But eventually it was ok.

Good place for an inbetween stop, between north california and sout mh california.

• Deluxe Double Room

Property is ok, but needs better CLEANERS animal hair all over, not good for those with allergies , front desk accommodate me with another room

It's located close to freeway , food , and small mall ,15% off of Dennys next door , plus has microwave and mini refrigerator

• Deluxe Double Room

Manager woke us up at 930am to tell us we had to check out early. We got in at 4am so that was intensely frustrating. Paid $250 for us all to stay and they tried to kick us out early so that firefighters could have all the rooms.... thanks Jim.

Room was nice

We found several long black hairs in the bed and the bedcover was not clean as there were several marks we could wash/rub off, although there was also an overpowering smell of chemicals in the room. Possibly toilet cleaner!

Probably just the closeness to the motorway.

The bathroom was not as clean as it should have been. Hair in the shower, grunge on the outside of toilet bowl and the floor was dirty. The property could have been in better shape, little bits of trash like q-tips and cigarette butts on the ground everywhere.

Love the fact that motel 6 has ditched the carpet for tile & removed upholstered furniture. A "clean modernistic" look that lends itself well to keeping clean, especially when near the beach.

Could not reach front desk for wi-fi code, had to use my smartphone hotspot instead. While a first world problem, shame they didn't follow up with the code.

Clean, spacious, super hot water, great heater/ac

Only bathroom light worked, all others were dead. Most towels were pretty rough. Bed cover had stains, bed was super hard and uncomfortable. Drops of blood in window ledge in bathroom. Only bar soap provided.

Gentleman at front desk was nice and efficient, despite being busy. Exterior was clean, one towel provided was nice and soft.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

• Standard King Room

The door seemed kind of loose. Not many channels, hard to get to back of tv to plug in HDMI cable; didn't know where ice machine was

Clean, everything worked.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

• Standard King Room

Very nice , upgraded and clean. I inspected many properties each week for insurance, so I am picky. I like this place. And will stay here again.

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

What the score you calculated does not reflect is the horrendous booking system Motel 6 uses (not sure if its just this location). Made reservations several days in advance, yet upon my arrival the motel manager said that the new system does not send these on-line reservations to the hotel staff. He had no record of my reservation at the desk, and the only way I was able to get my room was to show him the e-mail confirmation of the reservation on my smart phone. This was a major inconvenience sorting this out late at night, and I may not come back unless Motel6 upgrades their system to properly notify the motel staff of on-line bookings.

Was pleasantly surprised at the size of the newly upgraded rooms

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

• Standard King Room

our room had a king bed. there were three small pillows.i called the front desk to ask for one extra pillow,and was told 'we have no extra pillows.' no extra pillows in a motel ? I didn't argue ,but the motel looked to be about 40% booked ,and I'm sure it wouldn't have been too difficult to bring us a pillow from an empty room.also , the room ac unit had no fan option, so you either turn down the ac to keep the unit on and fan running ,or you open the window and listen to parking lot traffic.if you are travelling in this area and need to stay in this area for a night,i advise you to skip Santa Maria and stay in San Luis Obispo or Arroyo Grande to the north or Buellton to the south.Santa Maria is nothing special. lower class area. lots of crime according to city stats.we were there on a Friday night and must have heard sirens every half hour.i'm not kidding.

room size was decent for a motel 6.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

• Standard King Room

Not having a spa to soak in at the end of the day.

The discount at Dennys the beautiful and fresh smelling Roses was great. The location was close to all the things we needed.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Standard King Room

The room was huge! We had a little balcony which was a bonus, the staff was really nice and the room was very clean. Free wifi unlike the motel 6 in Santa Rosa. Great stay!

• Reviewed: 22 September 2016

• Standard King Room

The smell of bleach was a bit much in the room. I did notice a few roaches scurrying in the bathroom at night when light was turned on.The clerk at the desk did not believe me when I mentioned it to her.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

the room we got had double size bed so there was not a lot of room.( next time I will make sure it is a queen bed)

the motel was nice and quiet and clean

• Reviewed: 19 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Literally nothing to do in Santa Maria. Nothing. Other than choose between Pizza Hut, Dominoes and Papa Johns. But that's not the hotels fault.

Very clean and great value for money. Doesn't pretend to be anything it isn't but does the job for a stop over. Would stay again happily. Staff very helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• Standard King Room

A clean, adequate property, for the price. Next door to Denny's and Jack in the Box, and just blocks away from Marion Med. Non heated pool, but nice pool area to sit and sun and read...

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room 1st allocated had not been cleaned (4.30pm). Re-allocated a good room. A bit stark - no decorations on walls - wooden floor possibly due to renovations. No tea/coffee making facilities in room.

Easy to find location just off Hway 101 Check in no frills efficient and then ..see unlike. Parking satisfactory. Pool okay Rooms currently under renovation. Room I finished up in was large, clean and comfortable with fridge/mwave/AC/Htr.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

There are No Longer Irons or Blow Dryers. There are No Soaps Shampoo or Conditioners (Because i forgot mine)...Towels are Small and they No Longer serve Continental Breakfast.

Clean Shower

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

• Standard King Room

We stayed for one night only, but the room was nice and clean. The free wifi was a bit unstable at our room.. Pool was fine. We used the laundry and there was no problems.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Standard King Room

We had a room that was so strongly treated with chlorine that we couldn't stand it. Switching rooms was no problem and staff friendly but overall not a nice experience.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Standard King Room

Clean and comfortable. Providing discount for Denny's restaurant nearby. Well maintained pool with access restricted for guests only. In general so nice that we stayed one night more than we planned.

• Standard King Room

There were a couple of mechanical problems that I notified the staff about. I was surprised that shampoo was not provided. I was glad that I had some previous bottles with me.

Very clean

• Standard King Room

Spent nearly $170 for one night; I get that it's in between several tourist attractions, but still doesn't live up to the value. Very basic accommodations, and even got a call the next morning being asked to check out by 11am. I've never been called to ask to check out of ANY hotel I've stayed at. Felt that was a bit rude.

Traveled to SLO, Pismo Beach and Santa Barbara over the weekend. This Motel 6 in Santa Maria was a nice mid point to rest and crash for the night. King size bed is great!

• Standard King Room

No hairdryer or coffee maker. Sheets were scratchy.

The room was very clean and the beds were comfortable! It seems like the bathroom had been recently remodeled and was lovely. The man who checked us in was great, had some good recommendations for dinner.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2016

• Standard King Room

When we arrived to check in we were informed that we needed to leave a 100.00 deposit for using our debit visa/ cash as well this should have been clearly listed before booking the room. Also very low water pressure took forever to rinse my hair

Rooms were big and clean had a fridge

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

Noisy fridge

Good price for a clean place with a pool! 1km away from most food and shopping but a few options nearby. Nice big room! Tennis and basketball court available and we could borrow rackets and balls for free!

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

only one chair no hanger but got 3 on request pillows

Yes, the bed was good but the pillows so big and firm that it gave me a headache. I finally made do with a rolled up towel instead.

• Reviewed: 22 June 2016

• Standard King Room

The lighting in the room is atrocious! There's no light on the desk, so you have to do your computer work on the bed, because the only source of light are these two fluorescent lights on either side of the bed. There weren't any pictures on the wall. No hair dryer or Kleenex. VERY basic room!

The woman who checked me in was very nice. A little hard to understand, though. She had a thick accent, and I had to ask her "What?" several times when she would tell me something.

Bug near the bed

• Deluxe King Room - Disability Access

No coffee maker

Clean and functional

• Deluxe Double Room

For a very bare bones rooms the nightly rate was way to high.

No hairdryer, no refrigirator.

Nice stuff, fast check-in and check-out, location.

the room needs a layer of paint

the outside of the hotel is nice i

Service management was rude

Clean parking lot

Only negative thing was towels in the bathroom were not clean. Had hair and marks on towels .

Everything. Especially the large bed and excellent, fully renovated bathroom.

the price from booking was not the price I paid. customer service was not great

The manager and his outrageous prices and so on.

The room.

Overpowering smell of cleaning fluid that permeated the room

Convenience

hair from other persons in all of the pillows pillows were dirty tax was wrong in booking

Parkingspace next to the door

• Deluxe Double Room

Floor was dirty after a shower my feet were black after waling around the room without shoes on.

Large room, good location.

Stay was rude. Sheets was durty

Nothing staff was rude

• Deluxe Double Room

The a/c and bed was uncomfortable

Cockroach and stain on bed. Had to leave. Never coming back here for sure, would stay away for good.

A continental breakfast would be nice, but not a big deal

Tennis court and basketball courts on site! I think yes!

• Deluxe Double Room

The bed linen was dirty and also there was stain on the pillows.

the bath was recently remodle and was clean.

Super clean!

• Deluxe Double Room

there isn't any hair dryer in the room

location and price

Walls were very dirty. Hole under the wood floor in the bathroom. Microwave was dirty. Everything in the room was dusty.

Easy to find. Nice pool.

The whole hotel looked old no elevator. No extras in room

The floors

No coffee maker, Recectionist was hard to understand

Basic but clean

• Deluxe Double Room

Price gouging due to vacation weekend, ok, but, two of our towels had multiple huge stains, yuck.

Right off the highway, restaurants nearby.

Noisey Neighbors next door

It was a great stay for the price

Browse Motel 6 Santa Maria - South traveller photo gallery