Reviews of The Seelbach Hilton Louisville 5 stars

500 Fourth Street, Louisville, KY 40202, USA

#32 of 92 hotels in Louisville

Very clean and the staff were very helpful and polite. Only issue was no pool but that is something i should have double checked before booking. With that said, there was still plenty to do within walking distance.

Location to 4th Street Live was perfect!

The ac was not working that night in room 310 but we survived.

Just the great old world feel. The property has been well maintained and very comfortable in a great location. This is my go tonight place when visiting Louisville. A very classy old style hotel. Great bar for night caps.

• Executive Queen Room

SMALL BATHROOM! Very small and unless someone was in shower only one person could be in there at a time, also if you opened the bathroom door you couldn’t open the door to get in or out of the room, there was no shampoo in our room at all and I left a little sad faced note for the maid staff☹️, for the money we spent on a “Queen Executive Room” I would of thought the room and BATHROOM would of been bigger! We stayed across the street at the Embassy Suites for about the same money and you could fit our room and bathroom into an Embassy Suites room three times over! Also the breakfast that came with our room was good. Nice fresh fruit and scrambled eggs and stuff but Embassy Suites breakfast was MUCH better and many more choices!!

Room was very quiet, good water pressure in shower, nice flat screen tv, nice having 2 chairs in the room, card keys worked well and were convenient and vanity in bathroom was pretty

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was small. The bathroom and closet were both small. There was no place to put the suitcases except the floor. The pillows were lumpy.

The location was good.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

couldn't open the door to get into the room-- was stuck had to push against it to open and then had to slam it to shut the door, went to look out the window - the window fell in my face, got out of the shower -- water leaked through the bottom --did complain and the issues were fixed - can't believe that there were so many issues not taken care of until complaints - was going to book embassy suites - changed to seelbach because it was cheaper -- when I checked in - price was higher than the rate I was given - was the same as embassy suites -- embassy suites was honest in their booking policies -- seelbach reminded me of Spirit airlines --

• Executive Floor King Room

The room was older and not appointed well - too much unused space. Staff was unwelcoming - not one greeted us w a hello except at check in-Anthony was friendly and explained our stay. Upon check out the girl at the front desk couldn’t answer questions about the history of the hotel - like who the portraits were. It’s a historical hotel and staff should know basics in front of them!

Love the proximity to restaurant but there is no retail shopping in the area in walking distance

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Can’t complain about the hotel. Had a wonderful experience.

We did not eat in the restaurant at the hotel. The hotel was in a fantastic location being on 4th street. Had many other choices to eat at and walking distance from the event we attended. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Executive Floor Double Room

The breakfast was subpar compared to others . Our family members have sever allergies so having the hotel being pet friendly seems ridiculous to inconvenience millions with these pet allergies for a few who want to bring an animal with them .

Business breakfast that was include on the 7th floor was subpar . Lacked options .

• Queen Room

The price for what you get is ridiculous. $70 breakfast was small & not very good. Coffee was horrible

The bed was comfortable & the location was great

A mini refrig would appreciated. Plenty of space for it. Bathroom is nice to look at, but very small and limited storage. You need to rethink the sink/vanity to add space and storage. Minor, but the closet and hangers could be upgraded a bit.

large room. Very quiet. Nice, large elevators for an older hotel. Breakfast was very good and convenient. King size bed was very comfortable. Entrance and lobby was very grand and beautiful. Love the architecture.

• Queen Room

I was incredibly disappointed in the room. Layout was awkward and everything felt old and dingy. The bathroom was tiny and it wasn’t cleaned to my satisfaction. Hint take a scrub brush to the sink and tub. Given the price things should have been much nicer.

Great Lobby and service at the front desk was great. Brunch buffet was cold and service was poor. Bartenders attentive and bar food was ok. Location is great.

• Executive Queen Room

I had to wait for my shuttle to the airport, but the person on staff called for taxi and paid the fare and I really appreciated that.

I really enjoyed the atmosphere of being in a historic hotel. It was very beautiful.

Apparently the Seelbach doesnt know how to work with Booking.com My credit card was charged triple for my room, and a week later, it still hasn't been rectified. They were supposed to refund the $700 additional charges and a week later still nothing. Not to mention the accounting manager emailed me again requesting to recharge my card for the right amount prior to me receiving the refund for the wrong amount. I liked the property but it is unlikely I will stay there again due to the error and the inconvenience it has caused.

They have an event the weekend we went. The event was really loud and most of the guest could not calm down late into the next morning. The hotel staff did however try to get the to keep it down but it did not work. The bathroom was extremely small! Very hard to get ready. The valet service took forever to get the car to us. There is no room for extra cars and for the busy time. We were not directed to a place park our own car. Was told if we got a corner room we would have a great view and we ended up having a view of other people rooms and the air-conditioning units.

I thought the place looked great. I did like the fact that you had to use your room key in elevator. The room was huge and the bed and the pillows provided were awesome! First hotel I have stayed at with great pillows. The black outshades were amazing. The room was very dark for the morning which help us get extra sleep that we’ve been needing to catch up on.

• Queen Room

Our room was on the small side from what I had researched as the “typical room layout” and faced a dark alley so we had little natural light from one window. Not bad for two people but the bathroom was very, very tiny. We’ll just say I’m glad to be on the thinner side so that I could squeeze into the shower as the door only opened a 1/4 of the way - it was blocked by the toilet. Not the best layout and certainly not what was shown on the website. At around 9:30 or 10 each night, our cable would suddenly “lose signal” for multiple channels, including showtime and most movie hosting channels. It was annoying but no, we didn’t call the front desk.

We loved the history and rich heritage of the Seelbach. Gorgeous decor and very well located. If we had stayed for 4th Street Live on New Years Eve, the locale was incomparable. There are also a multitude of shops and restaurants right within walking distance. We spent our time at distillery tours so didn’t take full advantage of those shops, etc. The staff was warm and welcoming and upon checkout offered us free Starbucks vouchers due to a small snafu with our television.

• Executive Queen Room

Front desk staff poor - didnt know where their restaurants were and what level of service they provided. Rooms very small.

The architecture of the hotel

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Maid knocked very loudly on door to announce Housekeeping!! It was 9:00 not terribly early but my girls sleep a little later as we were tired from traveling.

While the beds are very small, they are very comfortable.

• Queen Room

Room was small and dated, the bathroom very small and watch the step up, very lethal.

Beautiful old vintage property, loved the in house restaurant and cafes they are jewels. The Oakroom and Gatspy Cafe are a must, both offer unique one of a kind rooms and the food at the Oakroom was exceptional. The Bourbon whiskeys in the cafe are eye opening, more Burbons that I have every seen. The lobby is one of the finest in the US, having been lovingly restored just a few years back. PS don't miss visiting the Riechcellar in the basement, the most amazing room in an amazing building, more Rookwood pottery than in a museum.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Having to leave , wish we had more time to stay , but we had to return to home .

Great experience , everything was perfect , will be staying there again . Very Happy..

• Queen Room

Closet size room, two people one chair,no amenities : refridgerator,microwave,sink in bathroom was trailer size. Only one elevator working also took forever to arrive

Good coffee comfortable bed

Don't use valet... our truck was broken into and it took me weeks later to get anyone's attention and took a while to get any answers. Very unprofessional at first. Ended on a good note but it was handled horribly in the beginning. Rooms are TINY!! Just the standard room is the smallest thing I've seen and is not a cheap place..

Great location. Near Fourth street live!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

When we arrived at the hotel we were behind 3 people in line to check in. There were 2 associates working but one was not helping anyone. When she did step in to assist, she did not help us even though we were next in line and had been standing there for 15 minutes. Instead she helped a couple that had just walked up. This was frustrating especially after driving for a couple hours and wanting to get checked in.

The hotel and room was beautiful, loved the historic charm. Great location as well!

• Queen Room

Room not ready for check in at 6PM arrival. Room very small. Parking expensive.

Beautiful classic hotel. Bar and restaurant pricey but elegant. Staff very attentive.

• Queen Room

The bed was very comfortable, nice sized room for two. The staff at the Seelbach is always polite and very hospitable to guests. I do enjoy staying at the hotel.

• Queen Room

Had to switch rooms because original room was dirty. During room switch I forgot my bag with shoes and they were never found. So they were stolen.

Quietness of the hotel at night and atmosphere

• Executive Queen Room

Bathroom was very small and a bit dirty. Breakfast room "Gatsby's" had dirty coffee cups and juice cups (put out as clean) on our table when we were seated. Had a big problem at check in about breakfast being included, had to speak to Hotel Manager face to face to get it resolved.

Beautiful historic hotel close to everything we wanted. Staff is good and resolved any issues we had. Valet attendants retrieved our car quickly.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

I felt like the room we stayed in was not worth the $260. The safe was locked and had to have facilities come unlock it. There was no mini refrigerator. The room overall felt small especially the bathroom. The AC would not turn off and there were no extra blankets. Overall, would not recommend if your stay is longer than once night unless you're willing to pay more for a bigger room with better accommodations.

The location was perfect and right on 4th street live and the staff was very nice and welcoming. The building itself is gorgeous and suitable if you are just needing a room for one night. The starbucks and Gatsby bar and restaurant were very convenient and the service was wonderful. There were two weddings when stayed and it was very neat to witness both of them leaving.

The counter person that checked us in was not pleasant nor forth coming with any questions she was asked. A hotel with such a historical background would have enhanced our stay to be met by staff who acted more as hosts to the hotel and the city. We didn't let it bother us, everyone has off days but I was hoping for a more welcoming reception. This trip was planned in the fall of 2016 for my husbands 60th birthday. All other contacts with hotel staff were excellent. Would have liked to have had vending other than cola machines as the kitchen was closed when we returned from the concert at the YUM. Asked at the desk, no help of course, so we tried two floors on our own with not luck.

Thrilled to find the sheets were pressed!!! Haven't slept on them since I was a child. The bed was so comfortable and the room very charming. The security in the elevators was a bonus as well. We liked staying in the historical local. The bar was cozy, the staff helpful and friendly. Excellent drinks and apps. The other guests were friendly and were enjoying their stay as well.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Check-in was at 4pm and we arrived at 630pm and our room wasn't ready. We were asked to wait about 30 mins without any offer of a comp,drink or anything of that nature. We also ordered some extra amenities which took a long time to get to us. The room walls were paper thin and we could here our neighbors.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Even though they were very busy with two weddings, they did everything possible to be helpful and move things along. It's a wonderful old property. Exudes class.

• Queen Room

We paid for an extremely small room. The staff was very rude. We tried to order room service for breakfast and they lost our order then we had to wait almost 45 minutes for valet.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

The only thing I didn't like was how small the bathroom was in our room. Everything else was wonderful.

Comfortable beds, everything was clean & the staff was outstanding.

Pretty pricey. I paid $50 for a club sandwich & two sodas from room service. OUCH!

The pillows were wonderful. I also enjoyed the magnified mirror that was provided in the restroom. Lovely addition for ladies! The security of the elevators was great as well (room key required).

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Queen Room

The cleanliness over all. One day a dirty cup next day dirty glass. Some stuff dusty

Bed was to stiff for me my wife like the bed. The staff was the best. The valet guys were great I enjoyed watching them such energetic and looked as if they enjoyed helping the guests. Our watier at the Gasby restaurant was great also. I didn't get his name, young man with a bread very good at his position. Loved the location. Could spend more time on cleaning over all.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

View was lacking, air conditioning units. The step up to the bathroom was an accident waiting to happen.

Location was great as we were going to the theatre.

• Queen Room

When checking in, I was greeted by a man that didn't seem too excited to help. The room I reserved was overbooked, so he offered to upgrade the room. I appreciated the gesture, but the floor/hall I was put on was very loud.

Location was great, it felt like the epicenter of the city. Bed was very comfy. The architecture interior is something everyone should see.

For the price of the stay the room we had was very very small and the people next to us were very loud.

The hotel was gorgeous! Very close to the location my boyfriend and I were needing to be Saturday evening. There was a dog that barked for quite some time which was very annoying but stopped when we were going to sleep. The bed was super comfortable! Staff was very nice! Would return for sure!

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

• Queen Room

The price to park was crazy. But you get what you pay for. We were out of our element so to park and know our car and our person was safe was really priceless.

We loved the comfort and accessibility. We parked when we arrived and we did not have to move our car again until we left. Breakfast was amazing. The staff were great.

• Queen Room

Mike- front desk night shift was extremely friendly and helpful and made our stay memorable with his knowledge of the history of the hotel! Patrick is a huge assist to your company as well- and made our trip 110% complete with an amazing tour and shared so much history that will bring us back again with even more friends next time!! Thank you

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

• Queen Room

Over priced for what we got. Room was dirty with soda bottle lid, candy wrappers on desk & in floor (makes me wonder if room was even cleaned???). Dust along all the baseboards and edge of carpet and shower had dirt in bottom of stall. Ewww! Torn bed linens and bed skirt, really?? Even the econo lodge replaces their torn linens. The pillows:( AWFUL!! Hard and hurt both of our necks. Bring your own pillow! Over priced valet parking. Wifi is an additional charge as well as breakfast and anything else you think you will get at a hotel. Overall I love the historic features of the hotel. It's beautiful but clean it up and stop over charging when I could have gotten a cleaner room with more amenities at the Days Inn.

Beautiful, old historic building in walking distance to our venue. Staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

• Queen Room

The room was small and simple. We had one of the rooms facing the courtyard. My issue was that no sunlight entered the room during the day. We woke up at 9:00am and the room was still dark. We never had to use the curtains.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

The room was smaller with limited casual seating. For the price, you could have additional commodities at other hotels near by.

The room was clean, with a comfortable bed. The staff could not have been more helpful. The aesthetics of the hotel were wonderful.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

• Queen Room

Small rooms and bathrooms. Toured around to different areas of hotel . Went down to Rathskeller......it was dirty and had gnats. It looked like there had been a party and no one cleaned up! Disconcerting....is the main kitchen like that too?

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Tv signal in our room went in and out during world series games😳

Super comfortable bed, great shower, elegant decor, weight room offered many fitness options, the staff at the front desk and the valet/ doormen were informative and courteous. Cleaning staff were kind and helpful. It was an excellent experience.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room and bathroom were extremely small.

Beautiful hotel and attentive staff! Great location in downtown Louisville...walking distance to most attractions!

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• Executive Queen Room

Bathroom was really small. We had a king suite and you barley could move in the shower.

Loved the look the location the history. Staff was friendly room was clean

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Queen Room

On 3 separate occasions during my one night stay, mgmt and housekeeping opened the door to my room while I was inside. It was during daylight hours and I didn't have the deadbolt locked. But another safety mechanism kept the door from opening fully.

Great location! Staff was very friendly and accommodating.Beautiful and well maintained facility.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• Queen Room

When I got out of bed I was itching all over. I don't know why or what it was could have been bed bugs or the detergent that they use. My wife said that she didn't itch. Everytime we laid in bed and got up I itched. Didn't care for the breakfast and the price that came with it. Bathroom in room was to small.

The staff was very polite and nice.

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

The room was warm and stuffy, and no amount of air conditioning made it comfortable for us - not so great on a summer night. Very lovely hotel, but not very comfortable.

The hotel is very lovely and spacious. Its location is prime for a night out, yet no street noise in your room, so perfect. The staff was warm and helpful.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Queen Room

The rooms themselves weren't great. I've had nicer rooms at the Hampton Inn, honestly. Wallpaper peeling back, terrible view of cement and trash from the window, and pretty small. Pricey for what you get. They're clearly riding on location and history.

Great location right near 4th Street Live. We walked to dinner and enjoyed the energy in that area. Very pretty lobby: old world and stately.

• Reviewed: 9 July 2016

• Executive Floor Double Room

the rooms are horribly small. this might have been one of the smallest hotel rooms I've ever stayed in. It was not indicative of a luxury hotel.

the lobby was beautiful and the location to restaurants was fantastic

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• Queen Room

Can't think of any complaints

It was our anniversary night. Great location. Valet parked so no need to deal with traffic. Short walk to everywhere you need! They sent up a bag of goodies to our surprise! Water, snacks, mini bottles of wine, bourbon balls, mints and a few other things. It was very nice.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

No movie rentals on TV's. Had 2 rooms adjoining for 3 nights and found a roach in one bathroom and small unidentifiable bugs in my bed / room. When addressed they did not seem surprised.

Very friendly staff. Did what they could to get room ready for our arrival. They are compensating 1 nights stay for bug problem below...

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

• Queen Room

A four-inch centipede crawling across my pillow at 6 a.m. was a very unwelcome guest. I don't know if these little pests are a particular problem in this part of Kentucky, but the Seelbach needs an exterminator.

Beautiful old place, helpful staff, excellent location within walking distance to almost everything we needed to see.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

creepy and staff were amazing

The giant cockroach in our bathroom and the lack of interest from the hotel to make it right.

Historical

The bed was insanely comfortable and I had a nice view of the city from the room.

The room was smaller than we expected. The bathroom was very small. Had to take the toilet paper off of the holder in order to use the toilet.

Bath was small

Good breakfast

• Queen Room

Beautiful old building. Fun just to stay in such a gorgeous hotel. Wonderful location. All the bellmen were so helpful and nice.

Loved wverything

Location was great. Hotel beautiful. Bar awesome

We were charged $100 more than we were promised

The staff, and the facilities

• Double Room with Two Double Beds

Everything indeed they changed my room

Cleaning terrible, front desk terrible, room terrible, no good bathroom.

• Queen Room

Small room for the price

• Queen Room

Our room was extremely small. We barely had room for our stuff and the shower had black mold around the tub.

Beautiful hotel worth the cost

• Queen Room

Room was much smaller than pictured on line. Only 1 queen bed in room.

Really nothing

We loved the breakfast in the room, the nice personel. Especially Amanda from Valet who went out of her way to help us

Could not find any thing I didn't like.

The staff was very attentive to your needs.

A little pricey

Great Historic building, carefully restored to modern standards. Very friendly and courteous stafd.

• Executive Queen Room

The bar added charges to my bill that were incorrect.

Rooms are small.

Very nice hotel. Beds are very comfy and hotel clean. Staff was excellent

• Queen Room

The building was so nice and the workers was polite it was a nice get away place to be at

• Queen Room

Bugs in room, not clean at all, extremely old building,