Reviews of The Shores Resort & Spa 4 stars

2637 South Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, FL 32118, USA

#30 of 82 hotels in Daytona Beach

• Coastal View King Balcony

The Resort should offer a complementary breakfast to its guests. Everything at the Resort has a surcharge and I feel that some small amenities such as orange juice and Danish in the morning would be a great thank you to your guests.

The room and bathroom was extra spacious.

• Ocean Front Balcony - 2 Queen Beds

The restaurant has slipped somewhat in their attention to detail. Coffee brought to the table with with no cream and sugar, then sugar brought in about 3 minutes, then cream brought in another 3 minutes.

This is a well-maintained hotel and the location is excellent

• Oceanfront Room Non Balcony - 1 King Bed

Bathroom sink loose no sheets for pull out couch bed heat not working and could not change tv with remote because batteries were dead only had me in the room for one night then was told had to check out then recheck in to a different room even though I had reserved room for three nights

Veiw and tiki hut

• Oceanfront Room Non Balcony - 1 King Bed

No housekeeping service even after going down to the desk and letting them know, No ice on any of the floors, air conditioner wasn't working the first night. Manager never called after promise he would

View from our room was excellent

• River View Non Balcony - 2 Queen Beds

Unfortunately we lost power in the hotel for a few hours but that was not the hotels fault but then the next morning our room showerhead no hot water however they did accommodate us with another room still just very inconvenient

staff was accommodating and very friendly. Great location

• Ocean Front Balcony - 1 King Bed

TV a little small. Would like a new points club to join.

The room, the spa, the staff, the bed, the food, the tiki bar. It was my husbands biirthday and he was treated with special attention. New management was great. We were regulars until it was neglected a few years ago. We are regulars again.

• Oceanfront Room Non Balcony - 2 Queens

Service for breakfast not great. Rooms not always serviced properly e.g. No coffee etc.

Spacious rooms and comfortable beds. Good spa facilities. Great bar area and Clinton the bar tender really looked after us.

• River View Non Balcony - 2 Queen Beds

the staff need to be trained. place like all in the area is tired, but this is one of the better places. It always upsets me when your interrupted all the time by staff trying to up sell. training is getting someone that knows how to not be intrusive and has class. asking the questions you dont care to hear the answer back on is not customer service. staff should be seen, but not interrupt.

location and beach. fire pits etc Staff try but just dont know what they are doing wrong to turn it from Ok to Great stay. its acceptable only

• Oceanfront Room Non Balcony - 1 King Bed

Staff weren't great. They debited my credit card, even though it was a free cancellation within 2 days of the stay. Car parking is very expensive. They closed the bar @ 10pm on the Sunday night

The location on the beach is nice.

• Riverview Balcony - 1 King Bed

The pool are was delightful as well as the weather. The pool area staff was super friendly as well as the check in staff. The cabanas are fun if you have a large group. Would love to visit the Resort again some day.

• Oceanfront Room Non Balcony - 2 Queens

Parking garage elevator area was really dirty. We stayed 4 days and it was not cleaned once. Hotel elevators were not working on 2 occasions. Ice machine on 4th floor was nasty and not working during the entire stay so I had to get ice from another floor. Windows were covered with salt. The rooms were only surface clean. Palm trees by pool area hadn't been trimmed in months or years and looked bad. It's a pool area at a beach resort, it should look like one!

• Deluxe Cabana Room - Ocean Front - King

The bed was not comfortable. 3 adults a pull out bed not adiquit..Extra pullout for child also So uncomfortable. All doors inside room needed a good cleaning . Didn't like to have to pay for chair on beach . Or The chaise bed . Speakers need to be behind couch outside to hear T. V .

All your staff excellent. The maintenance boss and crew Dave and John . Daniel valet bartenders echo and nico .

• Ocean Front Balcony - 2 Queen Beds

Some things didn't work. We fixed slider door lock ourselves. Screws were very loose and made a break-in a legitimate concern. Screws tightened and held very well using only a pocket screwdriver. Staff didn't want to believe me at first that our room entry light bulb was out but didn't get back to me on this - had to check with desk after a day or two and was told engineer didn't think bulb was the cause. Tried to tell us we were using the wrong switch. We finally convinced him. Also, the cabinet door for the fridge wouldn't stay attached. Couldn't fix it ourselves, but it wasn't a huge bother.

Room upgrade & location were really nice surprise. Overall, we had a great stay. This was our third time at this location and would definitely consider returning. Facility is fantastic, and staff very down-to-earth for a four-star. It is, after all, a beach hotel, and that in itself makes things more laid back in my view. Enjoy!

• Riverview Balcony - 1 King Bed

refrigerator twice was broken. phone was broken. bartender outdoor at tiki hut was unimpressionable and poured lousy drinks. A/c was broken. Asked for extra hangars upon arrival which I never received. Spa amenities were closed on Sunday and no appointments available for Sat. WAs only there for the weekend.

bar area was nice. smore's outside was a creative perk. valet staff were great

• Oceanfront Room Non Balcony - 2 Queens

Wi-Fi was down, but that wasn't the fault of the staff. A storm affected it.

This place is affordable luxury. The staff were friendly, the beds were comfortable, and the environment was so relaxing!

• Ocean Front Balcony - 1 King Bed

Some of the staff in the Azure restaurant were a bit snippy. Need more/different choices between pool and inside restaurant. Little to no soap/shampoo in the bathrooms (zero hand soap - I had to call for it; for 3 people, we got one tiny shower gel; very few towels). Never enough staff at front desk. Price for self parking way too much.

Bed great, pool great, beach great. Food really good.

• Coastal View King Balcony

Before we got there I tried to call the resort multiple times and never received an answer or a call back.

Once we were there, the staff was friendly. The room was so comfortable. The beach view was awesome.

• River View Non Balcony - 1 King Bed

Plumbing was terrible, hotel needs to be updated. There were no restaurants or entertainment in the area.

Property was right on the ocean and beds were comfortable.

• Ocean Front Balcony - 1 King Bed

Update the rooms a bit. Sliding glass door to balcony was hard to open. Paint, caulking around shower needs redone and WD-40 the balcony doors...little things go a long way.

Beautiful! Loved the atmosphere and staff. Pricey, but worth it.

• Riverview Balcony - 1 King Bed

Nasty dark haired women at front desk,very rude valet parking people, didn't get to check in until 5 o'clock, room was not cleaned or restocked next day no covers or robes in room

Spa was amazing 5 plus ,pool help great

• Ocean Front Balcony - 1 King Bed

when the property is full, the pool area is extremely congested. when we got down to the pool, all the chairs were taken. no people were there, but they had put towels down already. I don't think that is right. did not see some people at the chairs for hours.

great staff. from the moment we arrived, the valet, bellman an front desk people were extremely helpful . the bartenders at both inside an outside bars were attentive an made you feel comfortable .

• Riverview Balcony - 1 King Bed

The hot tub was full of sand and our bathroom was not as clean as it could have been.

The property was very nice. Parking was very easy. The tiki bar and restaurant were amazing. The staff was probably some of the best around. We enjoyed the robes a lot.

• Oceanfront Room Non Balcony - 2 Queens

The registration clerk on my arrival day was not friendly at all. He did not offer a smile, handed me room keys with the courtesy smores bag and offered no suggestion or explanation as to where or how I would enjoy. I did not feel welcomed. Bad first impression of hotel personnel. As I came relaxingacross other employees they were courteous and pleasant.

Enjoyed the laid back atmosphere. Evenings of sitting by the fire pits and eating smores was relaxing. The room was comfortable and spacious. The valet parking attendants were courteous. Louis was very welcoming and helpful upon my arrival making me feel I would certainly enjoy my stay. I commend his friendliness and positive attitude.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

• Coastal View King Balcony

I asked for scrambled well eggs with my Sirloin at the Azure, on site restraunt, but I received slimy runny eggs that were splashed across my steak. When I requested a recook, the uncooked eggs had simply been moved off the top of my steak and scrambled a little longer. The breakfast took an hour be I ate. Hair was left on the shower wall and dried food was stuck to the ceiling of the in room fridge. The fridge could not keep a drink cold. The running water on my floor had been cut off without proper announcement for 12 hours and no accomadations were offered. Paint job was poor. Screws were missing from my ice bucket , this made it difficult to carry downstairs since my floor didn't produce ice/ water for 12 hours. The only employees at the resort that were kind, courteous, smiled and did not hesitate to help was the attendance at valet parking were I frequently smoked in the designated area. I had to go across the street for an entire day for my smoking leisure after being directed to smoke across the street by the front desk. Nobody apologized for the inconvenience of the water situation, I was expected to deal it until whenever. $214 was deducted from my bank before arrival and $670 was deducted at time of arrival for a $550 room. Upon our out of state arrival, I was made aware of a $100 a day deposit to be deducted emediatly. When I checked out a day early due to total dissatisfaction, I was given a reciet for an additional $200 for parking fees and such that was not included with the prior $900. After asking to speak to management about my concerns, three people at front desk proceed to ignore me and wait for me to just leave. By insisting I speak to management, two people left and did not come back with management to handle my complaints. My husband and I are very disappointed and will never return to the Shores Resort and Spa.

• Coastal View King Balcony

I have travel the "World" and this Resort is "Overpriced"!

We didn't know what to eat any more! The restaurant has a very poor menu. Most of the time had to order from the Tiki bar! The rooms that are not facing the beach 🌊 are very uncomfortable 😣 I will never come back to this Resort!

• River View Non Balcony - 1 King Bed

After checking in came down to ask where we could walk or dog and they made me sign a paper to accept the pet fee per day paper said $50, but ended up being $75 per night when we got bill, wasn't very happy about that, their web site said nothing in all the fine print about a pet fee

Relaxing and peaceful

• Coastal View King Balcony

We spent the afternoon at the pool - seemed to be folks that weren't guests of the hotel hanging there..

Room was spacious and each one has a view of the ocean.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Ocean Front Balcony - 1 King Bed

The resort did not honor Booking's $25.00 per person breakfast inclusion. Lock on room was not functioning properly. We were not checked into the upgrade we paid for through your site. We were moved after complaining twice. Parking at $22.00 per night is extremely high.

Great beach location.

• Ocean Front Terrace

Booking online made us believe that we were booking a larger room, we checked in thinking it would accommodate families. We were put into a 1 bed room with a sofa. The view was great but too small for the family.

The balcony was amazing...

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

• Ocean Front Balcony - 2 Queen Beds

Our bed was elevated more at the foot than the head we asked the front desk to ask maintanace to take a look but they never showed up. And the parking was a little pricey.

The pool area was nice. The fire pit was very nice and relaxing. I also enjoyed the restaurant inside of the hotel. The room was nice and had a beautiful view of the beach. I would go back again.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

• Ocean Front Balcony - 2 Queen Beds

The little hidden fees for parking and an extra 100$ a day hold on your debit card until you check out. Only if you paid.with a Debit card!

The hotel was beautiful and had the perfect veiw and access to the beach.

• Coastal View King Balcony

All of the staff (with the exception of the younger guy that runs the indoor bar) seems very inexperienced and not what I would expect at a resort of this caliber. We have traveled extensively and stayed at many nice hotels - the service was subpar. The young guy that runs the bar needs a raise.

The facility itself was nice (pool, rooms, common areas, etc).

• Oceanfront Room Non Balcony - 1 King Bed

Pipes in walls were loud . Doors slammimg at night , can hear people in next room, water temperature in bathroom not very hot, servers by pool area not very attentive.

Clean rooms, comfortable, staff very professional and accomadating,

• Riverview Balcony - 1 King Bed

Had to WAIT until 4:45 pm TO CHECKIN-mgr sd I didn't HV to check out next day until 1:00pm HE FAILED TO PASS ON COMMUNICATION-WAS HUMILIATED WHEN I TRIED TO EXPLAIN NEXT MORN!!

Room seem in order -SEE THRU DRAPES VERY DIRTY & hem ripped out

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

• Riverview Balcony - 1 King Bed

Trouble getting in the room with the key, pool was underconstruction, price was a little expensive and vallet parking expensive and self parking was expensive too. Hot hallways

Love the dance stairs set up with the restaurant outdoor seating and fire pits and tiki bar and music and beach view and lighting. Restaurant was pretty good. Gave us a Smores kit.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Oceanfront Room Non Balcony - 2 Queens

Nothing! It was all in all one of the best mini-vacations Ive taken!

They were amazing! Upgraded us to a King Suite with balcony overlooking the ocean Free of Charge! The view was breathtaking and the service outstanding !!!

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Ocean Front Balcony - 1 King Bed

Pool was closed and under repair and was not noted at booking time. Housekeeping never came, mold around base of shower, cold shower and a roach was on nightstand when we came into room

Balcony, location

• Oceanfront Room Non Balcony - 2 Queens

Staff didnt take any responsibility for our room because we booked through a different site.

Booking.com had the wrong description of room and we were told that it was not the hotels fault.

• Ocean Front Balcony - 1 King Bed

Pool was completely torn apart & when we chose the hotel that was a big feature on their advertisement & had we known it would be a complete wreck on the pool deck we'd have chosen another resort. The breakfast food was good, the wait staff was absolutely horrible, didn't catch the girls name Amanda or Ashely...she never visited the table, I found a bus boy after 10 minutes & be brought us drinks & 45 minutes later the server had never stopped with us. We stopped the hostess to get a refill & the drink she brought & I started drinking had grits dried inside the cup & at that point we just paid & walked out. The music was blasted so loud from the bar it was quite loud at the room still but did stop by 11pm or so, so it wasn't too bad. We will never be back & will recommend to family & friends to not visit here. Not as advertised at all. We've stated at many in daytona but this was by far the worst. The Valet guys were nice & very polite!

The bed was pretty comfortable & the room was clean.

• Riverview Balcony - 1 King Bed

My bathtub was missing a stopper. It took 3 phone calls, a rude night staff named Henry, and two trips from the maintenance man to fix the problem. After an hour and a half, the stopper issue was fixed. Then, I ordered room service which I was assured would take 50 minutes or less. It took way over an hour and my food arrived cold. The customer service is honestly the worst and I've never experienced such rudeness from a staff member of a "4 star" resort. Never returning again!

The night manager, Nick, was helpful and tried to accommodate me after the horrific customer care. If it wasn't for him, I would have checked our immediately.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• Coastal View King Balcony

The hotel take tow times money from my card And when i told its about that problem they say soory we will return it back in few days But until now no thing com back this is sixth days to day I will wait

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• Coastal View King Balcony

The pool was broken. The elevator from the parking lot was broken. our ocean front view was more like the side of the building view. We paid $248.00 a night and everything was broken. And the night staff was very rude. Except Henry he was nice. The women on the night staff were very rude. Jessica was a big help though.

The bed was comfy.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

• River View Non Balcony - 2 Queen Beds

Outdoor pool and jacuzzi shut down,dirty underwear in room,tub was clogged,tv did not work properly.Upon checking out I was told someone would be in touch with me but no one has so far.For the amount paid I expected better

Bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

• Ocean Front Balcony - 1 King Bed

I had a very relaxed, restful, and comfortable stay. I have had similar experiences staying at this hotel in the past, and I will definitely stay again in the future.

The bathroom shower head is not conducive to the design of the shower. It gets water all over the floor of the bathroom. Everything gets all wet

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

• Oceanfront Room Non Balcony - 1 King Bed

Broken due to the hurricane. That was the only negative I can say

The room was awesome, the bed with extra comfortable. The Cabana was amazing, and very private

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Deluxe Cabana Room - Ocean Front - King

Rooms were dated and smelly :( The front desk was rude and not helpful.

Good location . The restaurant had great food and service. The spa is small but the Masage was great .

• Deluxe Cabana Room - Ocean Front - King

I wasn't expecting to pay for parking as we were paying for our stay at the resort. I feel parking should have been complementary.

The location was perfect! The room we had was nice and clean. We highly enjoyed the pool and bar area, and took a leisure stroll on the beach utilizing the easy access area by the pool.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

They have some maintenance that needs to be done in the rooms:loose piping, shower doors, floors could use a good cleaning.

Amazing sheets and pillows comma very comfortable bed. Amazing restaurant in house.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Deluxe Cabana Room-Ocean Front-2 Queens

Lower the thermostat a little maybe on the refrigerator so leftover food won't freeze or get icy. Handicap rails in shower for people to hold onto especially if one has poor balance/bad back.

Bed was very comfortable, room was clean and presentable. Fridge was set too cold--it froze my leftover food! :-( I would like to comment on guest reservationist, Yvette Fleming, who was extremely helpful and patient with me as I do not travel much. Also, Kevin (checked me in) and Jessica (checked me out) were efficient and very helpful. Enjoyed my stay.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Ocean Front Balcony - 2 Queen Beds

Very poor WiFi No coffee or creamer in the room No hotel information in room We thought the room was looking tired. Very disappointing compared to hotels we had stayed in in Clearwater and Cape Coral the previous week and these hotels were quite a bit less expensive and in a similar location.

The balcony and ocean view

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Coastal View King No Balcony

Your website stated that the hotel did not accept children, however, it was filled with families with children.

The room was very quiet. Could not hear the bar/pool area

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

• Ocean Front Terrace

Food served at the hotel is good but a little pricey.

The staff was very courteous and attentive to my needs. The hotel is right off the beach with a spectacular view of the ocean right off the balcony or by the pool and is also conveniently located close to Ocean Walk. I enjoyed my stay 100%.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• Deluxe Cabana Room - Ocean Front - King

I did not like the fact, I paid for a river view and all I got was a view of the roof and opportunity to see other roofs and the parking lot. When I bought this to the manager, Kevin's attention, he wanted me to pay $25 more to upgrade and move to another room. I am totally upset at this point because I paid for something that I did not receive initially. However, he eventually moved me to another floor and it allowed me to get what I paid for.

The property was beautiful and majority of the staff was awesome!

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

• Ocean Front Terrace

Please see above. All inclusive.

The bellman were awesome!! The front desk amazing!!! I was surprised that their wasn't a lobby coordinator, all of the resorts (in the price range you are in) I have been blessed to visit from LA to China have had this available position. The pool area was a bit messy, granted it was busy. The menu was nice, my drink was icy as apposed to smooth ( a bartender in training) I do understand however it was a Saturday completely booked, she should have been an extra not solo. My room wasn't ready at the time promised and this put me way behind for the wedding I was attending, therefore I was unable to enjoy and relax at the amenities. My room (1021) was the biggest surprise, it was average, wall had paint scrapped off near desk, fridge was not at a proper temp, lamp was unplugged, obvious unknown stain on couch, no local TV guide, I was a bit dissapointed. When checking out I wasn't asked how was my stay. This was a shock..... Overall just ok.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Coastal View King No Balcony

Breakfast was so so ordered crab cakes benedict and they were served cold.

Housekeeping staff was friendly and room very clean. Loved the nuance of hotel.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Deluxe Cabana Room - Ocean Front - King

Loved the outside facilities! The staff was great. The bartender was extremely nice and helpful. He stayed open late and serverd us until he closed his drawer down. The lady serving the bag for the smores was extremely generous to our Son. Veronica did her best to help us, thank you, I know how being new can be a bit overwhelming when everyone is tied up for the moment. Thank you Kevin for helping Veronica. Overall the stay was really great! The bed and pillows were so comfy!

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Ocean Front Balcony - 2 Queen Beds

Pricey and have to pay separate for parking $12 per night to park across the street or $18 per night to valet

The room was comfortable view was awesome. The tiki bar staff and atmosphere was great. Food was great. Overall a very nice place to stay

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

• Deluxe Cabana Room-Ocean Front-2 Queens

What was once the jewel of Daytona Shores is now sporting a bit of tarnish. Rooms need paint, deep cleaning, repairs. Outdoor furniture was moldy and in need of a bleaching, etc. Definitely felt more like a Hampton vs. a Hilton-level property.

Good location, great bar & barkeeper (Leah) and wonderful meals.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• Ocean Front Balcony - 2 Queen Beds

The guest rooms could use a little updating, but rooms were very comfortable.

The common areas, facility, ocean views, and staff were superior to any other places we've stayed in the area.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• Oceanfront Room Non Balcony - 2 Queens

Had made reservations 3 months in advance 3 days before arriving was informed that room I reserved was not available. Moved to another room which had limited ocean view. The only compensation was a free cabana by pool.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Coastal View King No Balcony

There are ocean rooms without balconies. They have a view but no windows to open to smell or hear the ocean. I highly recommend against these rooms.This was not made clear when I booked. We were there for the night NASCAR race ending after midnight. No food service was available. If I had a hotel primarily full of race fans I would make sure I stayed open. I agree with previous guests that it does need renovation.

Beautiful location. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Ocean Front Balcony - 2 Queen Beds

Charged $7.50 USD for 2 coffees, Drink and food prices are ridiculous considering the initial cost to stay there.

Excellent Location and very nice beach front rooms.

• Reviewed: 2 July 2016

• Coastal View King No Balcony

The cleaning staff were an from an outside service company and my mother left some clothes in the closet. When we returned to the hotel to pick them up an expensive one-of-a-kind jacket was missing; the hotel was unable to get the jacket back and my mother was very upset. We had to keep calling the head of housekeeping and she didn't return our calls; it wasn't until we showed up at the hotel that we got any type of response about what was going on about the missing item. They don't have any control over their housekeeping staff so I wouldn't stay there again.

The staff were very friendly

• Ocean Front Terrace

My mother taught me if you don’t have anything nice to say- don’t say anything at all. And I will leave it at that!

• Ocean Front Balcony - 1 King Bed

No door for the shower it was a half glass so water got all over the bathroom floor

Great view, amazing staff

• Ocean Front Terrace

We love The Shores! We stay no less than 2 times a year for a weekend getaway!

I liked everything

Tiki Bar

After 3:00 there was no sun shinning on the pool

Pool...teeky bar jacuzee

• River View Non Balcony - 2 Queen Beds

That I was only in the area to stay for one night ;)

Atmosphere Decor Food and Drinks Staff

• Coastal View King Balcony

The shower was smaller than represented

Very friendly staff, well received and accommodating

• Ocean Front Balcony - 1 King Bed

Bathroom could of been cleaner

The staff was excellent &,friendly

• Coastal View King Balcony

The room. The view was terrible and the building, other than the lobby, was run down.

The staff

• Coastal View King Balcony

Room ventilation non-functional Overcharged credit card

Not much really

• Coastal View King Balcony

Expected room, especially bathroom, to be cleaner. Was actually average room for the price.

Close to ocean

• River View Non Balcony - 1 King Bed

They get you to pay more for parking! ($17 a day) This is not included in the rate.

You get a complimentary s’mores kit for the bonfire at night.

Browse The Shores Resort & Spa traveller photo gallery