Reviews of The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City 4 stars

One Park Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK 73102, USA

#13 of 121 hotels in Oklahoma City

Not worth your security

When you valet park, since its mandatory, dont leave anything in your car. Our car was either left open and unsecured or one of the valets helped themselves to what was in the car. They comped the valet but were more concerned about their reputation instead of their guests security. Security said he knew our trunk was open and a pair of sunglasses on the ground near the car but failed to notify us until we alerted them our car had stuff stolen out of it. The next day I went to turn my witness statement in and asked the head security person, Carlos, what the video showed and was told they keep and handle everything internal. Should have called police instead of listen to them. On top of that, their "insurance" was suppose to contact me within 2 days. The break in happened Sunday, May 27th, it's now Friday, June 1st and not a peep from anyone. I wouldn't waste my money here.

The room was clean unless you dropped something and had to look under the bed or around the desks. The bed was comfortable though.

Loved the piano bar.

Loved the piano bar.. good place to kick off the evening. It's also in a great location- we walked to our event that night, bar hopping later and brunch the next morning!

It was nice. There will be a next time, but we will ask for a few more amenities.
    • King Suite

We had a corner suite which was beautiful. However, on a chilly, rainy night, it would have been nice to have an extra blanket or a bathrobe for warmth while lounging - there were neither. Also, though we used the glasses provided on the bar, there were no additional glasses for use in the bathroom. The guide for the television is awful. Instead of seeing your programming selections all at once on a guide, you literally have to click on each channel to see what is playing - very time consuming. Of course we would rather have been out walking around the city - but the weather prohibited that.

The staff was nice, the bed was super comfortable and the Red Piano bar was cool. The valet parking guys were nice and helpful too.

It was wonderful we hope to do it again

It looks like we were charged for 3 days of valet parking.it was great we hop

Everyone went out of their way to make sure we got everything we asked about.

Beautiful and historic property.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

For the price, WiFi should be included. Bedspread was stained with little spots, but seemed clean. We have to follow very restrictive diets and so we bring most of our food. A microwave would have been really helpful. Housekeeping started knocking on our door at 9 am even though check out wasn’t until noon. We were up already (we have a kid) but if I had been sleeping, I would have been annoyed.

Lovely historic site that keeps a lot of its charm. We went exploring on the top floor and a super friendly gentleman, Scott, noticed us and gave us a little tour.

It was outstanding and my wife and I will stay there again the future.

There is no smoking areas that are protected from the weather. As a smoker I am tired of being demonized by the general population. Everyone has a bad habit and it is unfair to stigmatized someone because they legally do something that others don't agree with.

I was very impressed with the staff and the overall appearance of the hotel. The lobby was very pretty and the room was up to date. Staff was friendly and courteous.

Apparently room service was busy, tried for an hour but...

Apparently room service was busy, tried for an hour but couldn’t get an answer from my room phone. Front desk advised they would relay my desire to order but never received a call back. Finally, went to sleep hungry.

I will NOT stay at the Skirvin again

I booked for King Room and was given twin bed room There was mildew on the shower walls The cleaning in he hotel rooms were very poor Was supposed to pay the amount booked and had to pay extra $100 what a ripoff

The bed

The breakfast was phenomenal.

We were there for our wedding night, and we both grew up in Oklahoma and never had stayed at the Skirvin before. I booked the room in June, for our wedding in October. When we arrived after our big day, we were declined a room because they had “overbooked”. Eventually (after my husband began weeping in the middle of the lobby) another staff member came over and found a room for us but it was a room with two beds when I had booked a room with a King bed. We were grateful just to be able to stay there but were still charged full price even after all the trouble. The room was lovely however, and we were given a free “Romance package” with champagne and a coupon for free breakfast in the morning.

The breakfast was phenomenal. I could eat there everyday. The room was clean and very quiet.

Good hotel shame about the staff.

We arrived back to the hotel after a morning out and about only to discover our room door left open. When reporting this to the front desk (large mustached gentleman) they didn't seem to think this was an issue!!

Big room with very comfy bed, complementary water and coffee maker in the room. The hotel is in a great location for Bricktown. The parking onsite is via valet-my advise is give this a miss and use the public multi-story parking behind the hotel, its half the price and the lift down from the parking drops you a 2 min walk from the hotel main entrance.

There are better options in OKC
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Bathroom was not clean AC vents not clean in room room doesn't have good lighting - dark breakfast buffet dark -not enough lighting bedding material worn out concerns over hygiene regarding the bed lots of dust everywhere Valet forgot to give me car key , discovered it when i was stranded

smoked salmon in breakfast was great valet team was fast & good (Valet forgot to give me car key , discovered it when i was stranded 10 mins away - they drove the key to me immediately - good job !!) front desk v. helpful staff

Great hotel, great value!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Very noisy neighbors, and I should've called the front desk, but I didn't. When I mentioned this the next morning, I was told that if I'd called, they would've taken care of it. Next time, I'll call. My fault for not doing something about it.

Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Terrific food/room service. Allowed us to check in early. Great location.

Hotel stay

The AC in the room was awful. So so hot. I put the AC as low as it would go and it still wasn't cooling well. I'm normally a cold natured person so it not being cool enough isn't something I would normally complain about.

I like the looks of the hotel and the staff was very friendly

Everything that glitters is not gold

Bell hops did not help unless you valet parked which was $28 per night or you could use the public parking around the corner for $10. Room never got cold. The in room coffee service packets had all been opened previously and not replaced, the bed was hard and the common hall floors looked like the had not been vacuumed in weeks. My shoe actually stuck to something in the hall way.

Lobby was wonderful, great location to what we wanted.

Bed was very comfortable.

Room between maids closet and ice machine. It was loud and busy all the time. Other friend the booked though booking.com was given room next to the elevator and also had trouble with the constant noise.

Bed was very comfortable. Loved pillows and blankets too. Good location although not in bricktown, it was a short walk to get there.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Wonderful Experience! An elligant step back in time
    • King Suite

Location was perfect for walking to Bricktown, the Civic Center and The Memorial off 4th street. The hotel was beautiful, comfortable and a wonderful step back in time. Staff was very friendly. Valet and front desk. Will definitely stay every time we visit OK City. Room Sevice was on time and friendly staff. Evening food was wonderful. My only disappointment was the (room Service again) breakfast was not very good. But overall A+!

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Would have been an excellent rating if the maid service was better.

Maid service failed to make up the room. Had to contact the desk each night to have the room made up. And then it was not done very well.

Staff friendly and helpful. Beautiful architecture.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Oklahoma City! Skirvin Hilton/1 Park Avenue!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The staff was friendly and welcoming. The Park Avenue grill was fantastic, both staff and food. The front desk was outstanding. I have absolutely no complaints. I've found my hotel in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.

Downtown Oklahoma City

A extra charge for WIFI? Really? I didn't know that any hotels --especially ones that aspire to being luxury hotels--charged for WIFI. We stayed for 4 nights. One of the days, no one came to empty the trash or pick up the towels that we wanted replaced.

The room was comfortable and elegant. The room we had was a corner room, and we like the two exposures. The foyer to the room was impressive.

NOPE

SINK N TUB DRAINS WOULD NEVER DRAIN. NO WATER PRESSURE WHILE TAKING SHOWER AND WHILE IN SHOWER N SOMEONE ELSE IN ANOTHER ROOM FLUSHED THEIR TOILET, EVEN LESS WATER PRESSURE. ASKED FRONT DESK FOR MORE TOWELS AND NEVER RECIEVED THEM. POOL IS EXTRA SMALL. PAID FOR VALET SERVICE BUT NOT ONCE DID ANYONE OFFER TO HELP WITH BAGS REGISTERING OR CHECKING OUT.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

Pleasant stay in the OKC Skirvin Hilton
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

All was great. I did not experience any negative aspects. I would suggest the hotel consider placing mini refrigerators in room.

Spaceous rooms that were quit. Great service. Staff were wonderful!

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

It was to short but it was beautiful..And very friendly...

Staff was very friendly...We were supposed to stay 2 days but my husband got sick..The lady at the check in told me we weren't going to be charged for the 2 days and she told me we would just be charged for the 1 night...Its the first time i stayed there but not the last so Thank you very much for the great treatmentand also the valet parking..

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Room service food was great, staff was nice, valet folks...

Being able to request room service, or valet from your mobile application would be a great experience. Waiting extensively to use an elevator because 2/3 were "dedicated to a party" was frustrating.

Room service food was great, staff was nice, valet folks were extremely welcoming. Great experience overall.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Ready for another stay

The location was perfect. Within walking distance of downtown and it was an absolutely beautiful hotel. I can't wait to stay here again next time we are in OKC.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Perfect except for noise from across the hall.

As above

I could hear every word and everything from across the hall. It was not, and I repeat NOT a conversation that was even R rated! I called the front desk and they sent security which stopped the noise. what I paid for the two nights is ridiculous. I would think that a hotel such as the Skirvin would be better. I was totally offended with their language and noise....this was after 1 o'clock in the morning!

Hit and miss...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I didn't like the size of our room. The description of the room was misleading. When you read "Double Room with Two Double Beds" wha comes to mind? We stopped by the front desk to ask for help we wanted understand our conformation email. The employee who helped us was rude and was no help at all... he gave us a vague answer and gave the impression that he was annoyed. We asked if we could pay for an extra room because after walking into our room we knew it was not large enough for us. We expected a room large enough for four adults. The beds were small and uncomfortable. The bathroom wasn't probably clean in our room, something dirty was floating in the toilet. Also in our room the electrical outlet did not have a cover, not safe if children are in the room. This place really seems like it has potential to have an enjoyable stay... we must have drawn the short end of the stick.

We liked the location and the history behind the building. The outside of the building was beautiful. The lobby had a great vibe with music playing. Rumor has it the place is haunted so that's always exciting.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Room was very nice and much larger than expected.

No mini fridge to store food/leftovers. Plumbing and HVAC was a bit noisy...maybe that's why people think it's haunted?

Room was very nice and much larger than expected.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

beautiful historic skirvin

I think the rooms should have free wifi, and also full-length mirrors. difficult to dress in this room! a small refrigerator would be ideal, too.

the hotel itself is lovely, a beautifully restored 1911 gem. lobby is impressive, and the breakfast buffet was stellar and well-priced.

Historical Hotel

The valet parking seems a little high but the parking garage was only steps away at a cheaper price.

The historical significance of the hotel appealed to us.

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

The staff was very helpful.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The staff was very helpful. The room was beautiful. We had a great view in a room on the tenth floor which is exactly what we asked for. They found us a place to eat even though we arrived very late. My daughter said after one night there she wanted to move to OKC:)

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Highly recommend!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Only thing and it isn't that big of a deal with uber but no shuttle to take you anywhere. I think they used to have one.

Check in and out very easy. Beautiful hotel, excellent location to other things to do, great breakfast!

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Disappointed Traveler

The hotel was a construction zone, and I wasn't informed of this fact when I booked the hotel. My room wasn't ready until 4:15, when check in is at 3:00, and they put me on a floor with no carpet in the hallways and the room numbers were hand written and taped to the doors. The registration staff was rude and unapologetic. The bar didn't have Titos Vodka. I felt like the whole establishment was poorly managed.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

The atmosphere was very romantic, which was appropriate...

it was hard to find. we pulled into the wrong entrance twice and even google had a hard time getting us there because of all the one way streets and road work.

The atmosphere was very romantic, which was appropriate being our 1st wedding anniversary, and the room was very well kept up.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

Return trip in the future? Absolutely

The server did not put our wine on the bill, but took care of it without delay.

The manager on duty in the bar and grill went over and above to make us feel welcomed. When he found out it was my birthday, he gave me a book about the hotel that fit perfectly with my research work.

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

A 1st class venue for a great celebration

Nada

Beginning with the valet parking out front, every staff member was courteous and professional, and displayed a positive attitude. Registration was smooth and graceful. The accommodations were very clean and comfortable while there was some remodeling taking place. The food was great and the breakfast was a real hit for my wife, especially. The weekend was a surprise for my wife even though we were celebrating a birthday and anniversary. The Skirvin was definitely conducive to the occassion.

Alway a great place to stay when going back home.

Great rooms

Everything, alway a great place to stay.

Over all the stay was great!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The food was great the prices were a little high!

All was good?

The staff was extra friendly and professional.

The staff was extra friendly and professional. All around great atmosphere. The location was superb.

Room service was spotty,

Room service was spotty,

My wife and I loved it all.

Nothing could of been better. We will be back.

My wife and I loved it all. From sitting outside, to the bar, to the food.

Very enjoyable. Would love to do again!

Beautiful classic very well done older hotel With a great staff Valet staff was excellent

Old fashioned plushness in downtown OKC!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Room was relatively small.

It's renovation, keeping the old wood fixtures from the original.

The bed and the staff.

The food was terrible

The bed and the staff.

Wonderful, thanks

The employees were exceptional

Very comfortable experience and very good located.

Better facilities and more viable parking services.

Very comfortable experience and very good located.

Stellar staff, great reputation, text book Eggs Benedict,...

Stellar staff, great reputation, text book Eggs Benedict, accommodating in every regard!

Great hotel Great location
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Very convenient location Helpful staff and very nice rooms

Everyone was so friendly!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Everyone was so friendly! Our room was very clean and comfortable.

Great facility

Great facility

I wish we could have been giving the right to stay there

Nothing cause they wouldn't let me or my employer stay

Didn't get to enjoy the stay at the place

I would stay there again

Musty smell in room, older Hotel

Lobby Bar & Food

A bummer id like my money back

Nice stay

Location only good for business

Very nice staff. Old building. Full of history. No ghost i've found as many review told.

The history

Price

The history

That I could not stay longer

Informative staff Nice bar and bar staff Front desk very professional Place very clean I would stay again

The hotel was nice and in a good location

The price was higher through booking.com than it would have been if I had booked directly through the hotel

Best stay ever!

It was beautiful and well taken care of

No robes in bathroom and bathroom lighting is not great for...

No robes in bathroom and bathroom lighting is not great for makeup application.

Great stay marred by house keeping

The lack of a refridgerator and inconsistancy of house keeping timing and cleaning

Ambiance and interior decore were excellent

A great place to stay .

The old pipes made noises in the middle of the night.

A very nice hotel.

Bed bugs!

Bed bugs!!!!!!

The history of the building, how it was kept up.
    • King Suite

The history of the building, how it was kept up. The valet guys were SO polite!!!

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

For what you pay for a room you shouldn't have to pay...
    • King Suite

For what you pay for a room you shouldn't have to pay for valet parking especially sense they have no parking on the site

Where I will stay anytime I visit OKC and need a hotel!!!!

We loved the history, the building, the bartender was amazing, the room was lovely and inviting, the food was fantastic as we're the drinks!!!!

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Good stay & will come back

Breakfast was not included & restaurant a bit pricey considering there are not many places to eat nearby

Bed definitely heavenly

Need free breakfast for the price

Need free breakfast for the price

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

A short overnight

No full length mirror in the room :(

Good location and an excellent bar.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

OKC Jewel

Love the beautiful facility and the opulent lobby. Pleasant to hear the piano when entering. The haunted history is an interesting consideration.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

Very nice bed.

There was some dust on the ceiling and hair in the bed in the sheets.

The bed was really comfortable.

Great hotel!

In room dining was quick and friendly, rooms were very nice, hotel has great fitness center

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Over rated

No fridge. No microwave. Rude front desk. Mandatory valet.

Comfortable bed. Good views.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Staff is rude

Staff is rude

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Friendly staff at the front desk, hotel bar and bell...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Friendly staff at the front desk, hotel bar and bell hop/valet services. Great hotel for a fun girls weekend away!

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Great stay great hotel with a lot of character

Josh was one of the most accommodating person I have ever dealt with and I travel often

Browse The Skirvin Hilton Oklahoma City traveller photo gallery