Reviews of Sleep Inn Miami Airport 2 stars

105 Fairway Drive, Miami Springs, Miami, FL 33166, USA

#106 of 152 hotels in Miami

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Overall, good place to stay, provided many services and I was a happy customer.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Accidentally booked a king bed on one of my reservations (unknown to me) and they would not switch the reservation to a double "room" without an additional $44.00 for the night ($22.00 each person) - I was not satisfied with this when there were rooms available and I was already paying $15.00 more for the "king" room than I paid for the "double" room on the previous night.

Met expectations for my stay, had outdoor pool, free shuttle service from and to the airport, staff very friendly, and let us check-in early when we arrived.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

The bed was extra comfortable it was great
    • Queen Room with City View

The second timei went the room just hada movie issue of the fridge leak so the rug was wet and cold.. But other than that it was good.

The bed was extra comfortable it was great

It was very nice and I will be back.

Their was no microwave.

The employees were very helpful and friendly. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone going to Miami. I called five times because I was lost in the rental/airport and the employees walked me through with out getting annoyed. I needed a shuttle from the airport after I dropped off the rental the shuttle came. Once I finally arrived back at the hotel my food was cold the employee heated up my food for me. She could have said I am sorry but we don't have a microwave but she didn't do that. After I checked out I wanted to walk to the store but I didn't have anywhere to leave my bag your employee put it in the back so I could walk to the store before my shuttle arrived. The room was clean and it had a fresh smell. The linen was clean and had a fresh smell also. Sleep Inn off LeJune Rd in Miami, Fl is the best......

A perfect night's sleep
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was helpful respectful and professional .The hotel is perfect for a layover or anything to do with travelling. A perfect night's sleep for a reasonable price

my stay was very nice, great hotel and great location
    • Queen Room with City View

I liked everything. Regretted not staying longer but alas I can do it again and now recommend the hotel to others travelling to miami.

The proximity to the airport and the shuttle service were an added bonus. Restaurants were also in close proximity. The views and rooms were lovely. I had a great night sleep before having to catch my flight home. I highly recommend this hotel

I like body massage available in this hotel's
    • Queen Room

Locals telephone calls is very expensive .l tried to call some one several times .he didn't answer .when l do check out they charge me 33dollars.

I like body massage available in this hotel's

Near to the airport, okay for one night, but not more.
    • Queen Room with City View

I read about the airport shuttle service and decided for the hotel but that's only possible between 5 am and 12 pm. I arrived at 2 am in the night, so I had to take a taxi anyway. When I arrived, it was way too cold in the room because of the air conditioner which was very loud. So i turned it off. There was an empty fridge in the room, which also was very noisy and loud, i couldn't turn it off so I got a really bad headache from it. The breakfast time is to early, I would have liked to sleep longer, but breakfast ends at 9 am. The breakfast was okay, but there were too few tables and chairs. Every seat was taken, so I had to take my breakfast to my room and eat it there. I saw others doing the same.

There is a 24 hours reception, so its possible to check in late in the night. Its close to the airport, it took me maybe 10 minutes with the taxi. The room was big enough and clean. There was a TV, a fridge and an air conditioner. The staff was friendly.

it was a good end to a awful vacation slept like a baby and relaxed.
    • Queen Room with City View

staying at the hotel was the most relaxing part of out trip my husband said staying there that one night was the best sleep he got and the most relaxed he had been since we got to Florida.

Don’t reccomend
    • Queen Room

Staff reception is too bad. I had to wait for the shuttle about one hour in the airport. When I arrived in the hotel they didnt have my booking and the recepcionist was not polite. The room has a cigarrette odor.

The bed.

More stress to end a stressful day.
    • Queen Room

Staff were disinterested and unhelpful. Arrived with a lot of luggage. Asked for a cart. Was told that there are two, but people don't return them. Had to carry all the luggage to room by hand.

Bed was excellent.

if I visited Miami again I will stay there
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Easy drive to the beach close to all the regular fast food restaurants close to a very nice and big Walmart location seem to be safe and clean the continental breakfast was okay it was better than most

$250 for 3 nights? And no issues? In Miami? HEAVEN
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast could have been better but you get what your pay for.

Everything was clean and the staff was accommodating and friendly and that's all I really ask for of the hotel.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Ok for what spent
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Didn't get my request for top floor. Carpet needs replacement. I missed a microwave in room. Not the greatest breakfast.

The beds and pillows were really comfy. Glad I didn't hear airplane noise. Location was real close to shopping mall which was purpose of this trip.

Worth the value.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Old fashioned, kind of dark at night, low security precense.

Good for transitioning airports, fits the purpose for a 1-2 night stay if only to use as resting place.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

It was an over all great experience.
    • Queen Room with City View

.... could not accommodate a late check out on a Friday ....

It was an over all great experience. The maintenance man I wish I knew his name he fixed my fridge quick and was super sweet in room 205 and the house keeper was so helpful

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Easy access, comfy rooms, rich breakfast.

a bit noisy a/c units.

Breakfast is better than i thought, clean place, comfortable rooms. It is close to the airport and has a free shuttle every 30 minutes. Some of the employees can't speak english but it is normal for Florida. I can definitely recommend.

I didnt like the fact you have contact the hotel to get the...
    • Queen Room with City View

I didnt like the fact you have contact the hotel to get the shuttle bus. Waited over an hour for the shuttle not know you have to call so they can send to the airport

Really good value for money.

Liked everything

Really good value for money. Friendly staff, comfortable bed, clean hotel, lovely breakfast and a ride to the airport - more could I ask for? Excellent

Nice property. Would return
    • Queen Room with City View

Check in agent [NOT the intern]lacked personality. Warm welcome missing on arrival. Contents of welcome room key pack should also be explained and not just handed to guest. Breakfast options extremely limited

Receptionist at check out was extremely friendly and helpful

Reasonably inexpensive.
    • Queen Room

The a.c. was loud and obtrusive while trying to sleep. The walls are paper thin and at 5 am we could hear everyone's wakeup alarms going off. The installed wakeup alarm in the room next door went off at 5 am and no one was there to shut it off. The "breakfast" was a sparse continental breakfast and the breakfast room was very small.. I guess you get what you pay for. The area has few restaurants in reasonable walking distance. Next time, I'll choose better..

Reasonably inexpensive.

The staff is excellent and lady on the front who worked on...
    • Queen Room

The back door open and every stranger can come inside

The staff is excellent and lady on the front who worked on July 7at 12 pm was so polite and helpful.Very close to airport ,shuttle runs every 30 min.

Location, the room was really clean and the bed is very...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I arrived at 23:50, and I called for the shuttle, but they told me, that was impossible, because end at midnight, I didn’t know before.

Location, the room was really clean and the bed is very comfortable.

Choose another hotel
    • Queen Room with City View

Depressing, run down place, the straff were not serviceminded and should change jobs, dirty pool, very noisy ac, poor breakfast, thin walls

The parking

Great nights sleep!
    • Queen Room with City View

Guests need to call the hotel from the airport for the shuttle to pick them up. This can be automated by sending the shuttle when guests are scheduled to arrive.

Located 5 minutes for the airport, free shuttle, safe, clean, comfortable, convenient and affordable.

Great price and cozy!
    • Queen Room with City View

Clean,great price, friendly and free shuttle to and from the airport Oscar was great! No hidden charges the price was exactly what I was told.

It was clean, the pool was open 24 hours. The continental breakfast just a cozy place.

This hotel exceeded my expectations ( for a budget hotel ).
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

This hotel exceeded my expectations ( for a budget hotel ). Room is very spacious and have all the furniture and amenities that you need, plus mine had a great view of the golf course just behind the hotel (yes!). Breakfast is very good and you have a coffee and tea maker in the lobby for free 24 H a day. Free parking and shuttle to airport.

Excellent stay

Nothing I didn't like

I liked that it was clean. The service was great. The room is a little small but that's nothing major. I did like everything. I have no complaints. I'm a happy customer.

In all everything was great, I would have stayed there aigain.

One staff member was very rude on the phone when I call to make changes to my reservation. There was no microwave in the breakfast area nor the rooms.

I like the location everything was very accessible .breakfast was good, the housekeeping staff was very courteous .

Nice
    • Queen Room

Rooms bathroom. Sink and vanity were outside of the shower/toilet area. I had to be up really early for a meeting and my fiancé was supposed to be able to sleep in before his meeting. That didn’t happen as I want able to do my hair or anything inside of the bathroom.

Check in was fast and easy. Allowed for early check in which was amazing since I arrived early.

The staff was unprofessional and undertrained.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff was unprofessional and undertrained. My sister had a package arrived and the guy at the front desk called our room and threatened to send it back because the room wasn’t under my sisters name. They were doing construction on the roof. It was overall a bad experience.

Recommended for the $75/night traveler.
    • Queen Room

The not so good: the walls were thin, there was a lot of sound transfer between my room (#117) and the room next door (#119).

The good: Excellent staff at the front desk. Clean, nicely appointed rooms. Nice big wall mounted flat screen TV. The large stand up shower was very nice. To be noted: Parking in rear of building only (unless you have "Premier" status. Breakfast was the ubiquitous waffles and cold cereal, yogurt, oranges, pastries. Good coffee. Located in a mixed use neighborhood with some "industrial". Denny's and some local restaurants nearby, maybe not walking distance for some. Room Service menu is extensive, but seems to be brought in from afar, not on the premises, and is not available on Mondays (alas, which is when I was there). I went to a local sub shop for dinner, the hot pastrami sub was very good.

Never staying here again! This place is a dump.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was very basic, service at front desk not very nice, the room was remodeled but still looks old, the bathroom (the shower controller was damaged) had to call maintenance. Hallways look old and the lobby smelled like somebody was smoking in there. This is the worst hotel i’ve stayed.

Bed was comfortable

Close to the airport.
    • Queen Room

No available place to sit for breakfast, the area is small and definitely does not fit the amount of people at the hotel.

Close to the airport. Excellent for a lay over. Clean rooms.

Will not be back
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hotel is very out dated. We had to change rooms because of no hot water, ants, and our refrigerator did not work. The rooms also need microwaves.

I like that we were able to check in before 3 o clock.

It was comfy and clean.
    • Queen Room

The walls were a little thin. I could hear the conversation in the next room. Also not a lot of food options. Vending machine was very over priced. $2.75 for a $.50 bad of chips.

It was comfy and clean. The staff was very friendly.

No hot water in my room, ask to move to another.
    • Queen Room

No hot water in my room, ask to move to another. The front desk person came to my room put her hand under the water and said it was hot. It was not even like warm. Back at the front desk she told the other clerk that the water was hot. It clearly was not. She then escorted me to another room together on the hot water and it was in fact hot. We then got to change rooms

Overall the hotel was value for money and I would recommend it to others.
    • Queen Room with City View

On the not too positive side, the breakfast could have offered a little more variety and the staff could have been a little more attentive.

On the plus side, the room was clean and comfortable and so was the surrounding. Plus, the airport shuttle was an added bonus.

Good value for your money. Avoid rooms facing the avenue
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Never had hot water and not repaired despite my daily requests at the desk. Breakfast could have had more season fruits (blueberry, etc). In the room, toilet door can be difficult to close. Shampoo supply is small.

View to the golf course. Windows that can be opened. Bananas and oatmeal in breakfast. Very nice and attentive staff. Good and free internet. Nice bed and pillows. Close distance to the airport. Small building.

Once in your room you are okay. Just that you have to work it own essentially on your own.
    • Queen Room with City View

Very limited eating options in the area. Difficulty accessing public transportation. Staff very abrupt at times in dealing with your enquiries.

Easy access to Miami International Airport.

Miami getaway
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the breakfast, was advertising hot breakfast and it was not. The breakfast is really a countential.

The hotel was local near few restaurants. And the staff was friendly.

A pretty good option
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The rooms are a little small, breakfast needs to be more wide in options.

It was clean, the room had microwave, fridge and comfortable beds, it was pretty comfortable. Staff was really nice and welcoming. Has plenty parking lot space.

It did the job but I wouldn’t recommend.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Bathroom door was broken. Hard to open and impossible to close. Walls were very thin, could hear everything around you, even TV. Shower was too low. Breakfast there weren’t enough tables to seat everyone so you had to take it back to your room which was hard with plates in hand and having to open doors. Lift was broken which wasn’t good with a heavy case to get up and down stairs with!

Pool area was large and quite empty

Good because of the price and complimentary breakfast, shuttle services and hot/cold drinks.
    • Queen Room

The bathrooms did not have any doors and they were very small. The rooms were not too bright either.

The staff was very helpful once on the property but prior conversations via phone made me question whether I should stay at the property.

the hotel facilities is old but clean.
    • Queen Room

the hotel facilities is old but clean. breakfast area is small and always packed during our stay. the Staff and the Hotel system is too rigid. No late check out. No place to store the luggage for couple of hours as our flight was at night.

Absolutely terrible!!!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Most of the rooms our group booked had ants in them. They also had multiple spider webs. One of the rooms had mold in the shower. When we confronted the night “manager” she told us there was nothing she could do and that we would have to wait until monday to talk to the actual manager. When we looked at the reviews it seems that same excuse was used with another customer. They have terrible customer service skills.

Absolutely nothing!

Hot and dirty, very small room with very loud a/c. Overpriced for what you get, wouldn't recommend i
    • Queen Room with City View

Lobby, elevator and hallways very hot and humid, no a/c. Room is small, no place to put suitcase. Bathroom was not cleaned properly; hairs in shower, dirt on floor. A/c in room very loud.

Breakfast was ok, clean pool.

• Queen Room

We have waited 30 minutes to check in (first in line) because 'system was slow'. Paid in cash (without receipt because 'system doesn't work' ) and next day morning they claimed that we didn't paid at all?? Forunatelly they found something in system and cleared us. Hotel worn off. Room outdated, bathroom with shock hazard (open, broken lamp in shower where water can get). Breakfast very simple, tables dirty. Beware.

Close to airport

It was good. I would probably try a different hotel next time.
    • Queen Room with City View

The room was smaller than I expected. It was a little too pricey for the size. The breakfast provided was disgusting.

The bed was cozy and it was clean. It is in a great location.

Very good!
    • Queen Room

I had an overnight on my trip through Miami airport, so the shuttle from and back to the airport was just what I needed. The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was professional and polite. The breakfast got me all the way to Holguin, Cuba, that afternoon.

Hotel near the Miami airport. Okay for a one night stay.
    • Queen Room

Too bad we had to find out about the shuttlebus stop by asking a local police officer at the airport who was very kind and made a phone call to the hotel for us. FYI: it is bus stop 25 on deck 3. My European credit card was not accepted by the vending machine and the lady behind the desk was very rude when I asked her if there was any other way to buy a bottle of water. It was 11 pm and she sent me to the gas station, at least a 15 minute walk. She didn't seem to care that I was a woman in a foreign country. I think she could have sold me a bottle for cash?

Near the airport, shuttlebus to the hotel.

Need to be updated
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Would have been if it was a outside hotel. The hallway was extremely hot when coming & leaving the room. Also the room a.c wasn't the best. Had to put a.c on 60 to work properly &to make matters worst, I had my 7mo daughter with me

It was okay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was no microwave so we had to wait to get our food warmed up and okay we got it back to the room and still wasn't as warm as it should have been

Very clean nice staff

Good stay, perfect location and clean rooms.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The facility is older and well used. But the value for the rooms was expected. We were there just for the night.

The location was perfect if you flying or taking a cruise. The staff was very helpful and courteous. Rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. Restaurants close by and the free shuttle service was a huge bonus.

Terrible!!!
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Everything!!! We called for shuttle when we got to airport and phone was busy for hours!! Finally took a cab which was $20!! Got to hotel they said phones were not working! Never sent shuttle knowing people were arriving !! o ffered us nothing and said talk to manager in morning went to desk in the morning mananger not in till Monday of course!!! Couldn't take shuttle to pier either because it was full!! I sent someone in Jan to stay here and am canceling 2 more peoples reservations that I also referred to your horrible hotel!!!!! Worst experience ever!!! Do not stay here!!!!! Very outdated and staff not friendly at all!!!!

Nothing!!!!!!!!

There was an hour and a half wait to check in .
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

There was an hour and a half wait to check in . No one updates me on why I sa even waiting so long then when I got to the counter finally the reps accent was to strong to understand . She said the system Was down however there was nothing offered in exchange for waiting over an hour standings on my feet after a long flight as the wait area was already occupied by other irritated guests

A good spot to await a cruise!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

We were on the north side of the airport - we could see the hangars and parked planes but there was no noise. Several hotels nearby and we felt comfortable walking to an IHOP nearby. Not so sure we would have wanted to walk farther than that though.

the staff was nice, the guys in the shuttle were super...
    • Queen Room

Breakfast could have been improved, it was very basic but still okay.

the staff was nice, the guys in the shuttle were super friendly and helpful. The hotel in general is good value for money, it's no luxuru but you have everything you need. Beds really comfortable.

comfortable
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast items that finished were not replenished on time and the breakfast area was to small Front staff was friendly

The room was clean & the bed was comfortable

Where’s the shuttle?
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Upon checking in, we were told the airport shuttle leaves the hotel every 1/2 hour. The next morning, we were in the lobby at 10:15 for the shuttle. By 10:40, it wasn’t there and we asked about it. Found out it was in maintenance. It would have been helpful to have that information posted or to have been told that when we were checking out. They did call a shuttle from a sister property for us when we asked where the shuttle was.

Comfortable beds.

Satisfactory
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The connecting room next to us was loud, thin door or wall.

Coffee was good ,as was breakfast. Staff able to arrange transportation to the port of Miami to meet our cruise ship.

In this hotel no luggage room available!
    • Queen Room with City View

In this hotel no luggage room available! Too small breakfast room. Too expensive for what they're offering. Front desk not flexible and helpful at all

I stayed for one night because I had to fly the next day. I enjoyed it and I was happy.
    • Queen Room

I had to buy a bottle of water.

I have nothing to complain about, I was on the last floor and the room was so nice and it got everything. I would recommend someone.

NOTHING
    • Queen Room with City View

Upon received at the airport we were waiting of the shuttle bus - none. Tried to call the hotel - none. I hired a taxi to the hotel and upon receipt the bus driver told us that the receptionist left the hotel. He received a call from home and left the hotel without contacting another collegue to representing him. As we arrived we couldn't check in and had a lot of trouble to find another hotel for 2 double rooms. It was 01:00 in the morning!!! I have had additional costs of around 460 US$ and still waiting of an answer from the general manager. They promised me on Januarey 18, 2018 to give me a call or email - none.

NOTHING

Good stay, comfortable bed and food location!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The walls were a bit thin so you could hear the neighbors conversation but things quieted down at night so that was great! The soda machine was cc only.

Bed was very comfortable and we were actually able to see the golf course out the window. Location was great as we were taking a cruise in the next few days. They even arranged transportation to the Port of Miami for a low fee. Breakfast was great and the facilities were clean. The lady that took care of stocking everything for breakfast was amazing!

Good location, breakfast, and airport transportation!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Some sort of tiny 'ants' in the shower near the showerhead.room 116.

Check-in was easy and quick! The bed was comfortable and clean. The lady keeping everything stocked for breakfast was awesome. She was always there and ready to help you. I enjoyed having the option for breakfast and the included transportation to/from the airport. Overall, the experience was good.

Good for one night!
    • Queen Room

The breakfast was really bad. They almost had nothing left and the seating area is very small. A lot of people had to stand while eating...

Only stayed one night as I had a connecting flight. The hotel is about 10 min away from the airport, free shuttle which was great and the room was pretty good.

The room was nicely updated.
    • Queen Room

The room was nicely updated. Close to airport with shuttle. Friendly staff. Didn't use the pool but it looked nice. We arrived early but the front desk staff was kind enough to give us our room. Our room didn't seem to have hot water and when I notified front desk they immediately switched us to another room.

Horrible stay.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

We had an horrible experience with this hotel. We advised the hotel of our late check-in at 1am. When we have reached the hotel at 1am, only the guy from the shuttle was there (very kind). He told us that the receptionist left the hotel due to a "family problem." All the hotels in the area were full. We had to wait 2 hours in the lobby until a manager came (we were not sure that someone would comes). We finally got our bedroom at 3am... The hotel gave us a discount on our bill.

Regarding the bedroom, it was clean and enough for an half night near to the airport. Great value for money if we did not have a big problem at the check-in.

Pleased this was only a one-night transit stopover.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The carpets throughout looked like they needed replacing, or at least a very good clean! In the room, the carpet may well have been the reason for a musty smell: not welcoming or pleasant, and certainly not value for the price paid.

Parking was very easy, and the check-in with the manager was smooth and efficient. The bathroom area was clean, as was the bedding.

A Definite No No
    • Queen Room

I have travelled through Miami International Airport on countless occasions and on each occasion I have never had to wait more than 45 minutes for a hotel shuttle and that is regardless of whether or not I have made a hotel reservation before traveling. The Sleep Inn shuttle took more than 2 hours to arrive and that’s because I had made a reservation and our flight arrived before 4PM. We even called the hotel several times to tell them that we were waiting for the shuttle and they kept saying it’s on the way. The shuttle driver would not answer my question when I asked him if this was the shuttle for Sleep Inn on Fairway Drive. My guess was that he knew how late he was. Did not give him a tip because of the lateness and inability to answer my questions about the address. Fortunately there was a different driver in the morning who was punctual. The hotel serves complementary breakfast but I did not dare try it because the place looked dirty and smelt like cigarettes. Fortunately the room had a microwave and fridge so I reheated my leftover pizza from the night before. I would never recommend this place to anyone. There is a reason why it is so cheap compared to other Miami Airport hotels. The check in process was also the longest I have ever experienced.

Great value, friendly staff and clean comfortable room.
    • Queen Room with City View

Staff was friendly and helpful. Shuttle was timely. Very convenient for early departure and late arrival flights. We saved a considerable amount on flights by using this facility for off peak travel. Will definitely return.

Very bad stay experience!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Airport shuttle bus is not large enough, picked the guests to different hotels; the reception staff's attitude was indifference (when we checked in, she worked from 11 to 12 P.M) ; room insulation is bad, too much noise from neighbour room and corridor; facilities need renovation; breakfast is cheap, can be better; cleanness need improvement, we found cockroaches under bed.

• Queen Room

Loveless, unmotivated staff, dirty. Strangers running down corridors pushing advertisement under door - did not feel very safe. Management was aware and just told us to ignore

Close to airport

Good location, friendly staff, high value for money
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The room was small, and as there were 4 of us, we were cramped for space. The breakfast finished rather early at 0900.

The hotel was close to the airport, the airport shuttle service was excellent. The staff were very friendly. The room cost was very reasonable. The coffee in the room was good.

Great for the price!
    • Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Dinner options are limited. There is a pollo tropical , it's quite a ways. We were commited and did the walk half hr later were having chicken😥 I hop is much closer and Mac Donald. Chinese restaurant even closer.

Everything was great. Good continental breakfast, it has a pool for kids and golf in the back not if it's private we only stayed the one night.

Browse Sleep Inn Miami Airport traveller photo gallery