2. USA hotel reviews
  3. California hotel reviews
  4. Los Angeles hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of The Standard, Downtown LA

Reviews of The Standard, Downtown LA This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

550 South Flower at 6th Street, Downtown LA, Los Angeles, CA 90071, United States of America

#194 of 382 hotels in Los Angeles

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: December 12, 2018

Great, comfortable, hip/grungy place to stay (with good 24 hour restaurant) in Downtown Los Angeles.
    • Medium Room

All bathrooms should have a toilet brush; bed platform is a trip hazard; I'm not a fan of shower curtain or weak water pressure; sometimes the kitchen smells waft upstairs, probably via service lift shaft.

The bed was very comfortable; bathroom was good but I'm not a fan of shower curtain or weak water pressure; bench in room was great for luggage, possessions and for working all at once; macchiato in cafe was great, and the food was good; loved the harpist entertainment; loved the general background music vibe for my whole week stay; lift lobby and lifts have a great hip/grungy feel; all staff generally friendly and helpful; valet parking guys were great; hotel well located for many downtown things and easily connects to freeways; loved the 'Endowment to the Arts' idea with the books - I took them as a consequence.

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: December 9, 2018

6.0
    Great location, bad service
    • Medium Room

It took 4 attempts and 20 minutes to reach someone at the front desk. I requested a wakeup call, which never came. Lightbulbs were burnt out in my room. While I was in the lobby, I noticed a huge pool of water on the floors (leak from the ceiling).

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: December 1, 2018

Location location location
    • Medium Room

The room rate is a little overpriced but that's something in line with every other hotel in Downtown LA. Valet parking was overpriced in comparison with other around the hotel.

Location is amazing.

• Reviewed: November 24, 2018

The location is great
    • Medium Room

The staff at the front desk was kind of racist, he was mumbling when my friend was talking and didn’t reply what my friend asked It might be a good place to stay for american but not for asian

The location is great

• Reviewed: November 24, 2018

location to many venues downtown, nice interior design.
    • Medium Room

the staff was not very helpful, friendly or accommodating. pool is great, but unfortunately not very private, it is located in the bar area which is open to the public.

location to many venues downtown, nice interior design.

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

I think that in LA you can find better places for the same price
    • Medium Room

Wifi is really bad. Slow and unstable. Big room but only one chair. People did non accept our credit card for the payment. Our card is working properly all around the world. Not here. The staff at the reception desk was not interested at all in helping us to understand why the card was not working properly with their system,. Never again in this place.

Size of the room is fine. Size of the bathroom is ok. Also the bed is ok as quality.

• Reviewed: November 11, 2018

Waiting from a refund!
    • Medium Room

I was charged a breakfast of 120USD that I DIDNT DO! The hotel is not responding my messages even if I sent them a proof that I was already on the plane by the time of that charge. Customer service is VERY BAD.

Location is very good, there is a nice rooftop and rooms are trendy. The design of the hotel if very good although as all the Stantard hotels rooms are small.

• Reviewed: November 11, 2018

LA Downtown for a couple of nights
    • Medium Room

The reception neither gave me the invoice nor was able to tell me the amount of money at check out. I don't know if it's normal or not... they told me that Booking.com must send me the invoice. However this has never happened to me, I have always had my invoice at checkout.

The Standard Hotel is a great hotel experience, where stilish rooms and the overall trendy environment meet entertainment and parties. The hotel is very well positioned in Downtown, few minutes from restaurants and bars... but the rooftop bar is a kind of "place to be" in Downtown, so you might want to stay there after dinner. The restaurant is also very good, not expensive, and it's 24/7.

• Reviewed: October 31, 2018

I thought the bathroom and room set up was a bit awkward.
    • Medium Room

I thought the bathroom and room set up was a bit awkward. No area to put things that was flush with the sink. Black soap that left terrible looking black streaks in the sink. The platform below the bed was significantly larger than the mattress making it awkward to sit on the side of the bed.

• Reviewed: October 18, 2018

Spacious room.
    • Medium Room

Busy at weekends with hippish people that flock to the rooftop (avoid room close to elevator)

Spacious room. Very comfortable bed. Ample amenities. Friendly helpful staff. Kinky shower (glass wall). Great views from the room and rooftop and 24hr room service made my stay!

• Reviewed: October 9, 2018

Clean and modern but needs to improve the WIFI
    • Medium Room

While they provide free WIFI, the speeds on the free option are very slow and they offer a buy-up to higher speeds. It has been a long time since I have not had high speed WIFI from a facility with room rate at this level. They should not nickel and dime folks like this.

Very modern and minimalist aesthetic. Comfortable bed and good shower.

• Reviewed: October 9, 2018

Room service issue aside, the hotel is well-staffed and friendly. Nice property. Good location.
    • Medium Room

I ordered room service somewhat late (maybe 9:45PM) and was told at the end of the order it would be around 45 min to an hour; I called back at 11PM after hearing nothing and was told to repeat the order (at this point I realized my order was never placed) -- asked that they confirm they had no order for me and canceled. Skipped dinner that evening but not by choice.

The property is quirky and fun; I liked the lounge area and the on-site DJ spinning in the middle of the room. The bar/cafe area is decorated in a mid-century style; I had a couple of drinks that were well-prepared but did not use the cafe/restaurant.

• Reviewed: October 1, 2018

The Worst.
    • Medium Room

Worst of all Standards I've ever been to. The staff was rude and did not help at all. Once I needed help with the luggage I had to call 5 (!) times asking for help + waiting for 35 minutes. The laundry did not work properly since beddings and towels had some spots. The maid forgot her cleaning devices twice in my room. The room was not cozy at all, I understand the minimalistic style, but this was not convinient in any ways, also I was waiting for 2 days until somebody came and fixed the light in the room. In addition, it is party-kind hotel, so be ready that there are always some weird strangers at the hotel trying to get to the rooftop pool. Definetly won't stay again.

• Reviewed: September 30, 2018

Good location but terrible if you want to rest
    • Medium Room

People smoke marijuana in the rooms and outside of the rooms, very noisy the same people open and close the door during all night long

The location and the facilities

• Reviewed: September 24, 2018

Room Service.
    • Medium Room

They didn't even have my reservation from booking.com on file. I had to rebook through the hotel. So all that convenience was lost. The room was shabby not chic, and the rooftop bar while beautiful, is packed and loud. Would not stay here again sadly.

Room Service.

• Reviewed: September 20, 2018

Fun!
    • Medium Room

The staff was friendly and helpful. I enjoyed the retro decor and the fun vibe. We had fun playing ping pong and we got free passes to the roof top bar. Walking distance to lots of fun bars and eateries.

• Reviewed: September 4, 2018

The Standard definitely set the standard for a cool place to...
    • Medium Room

I will say one thing that wasn't necessarily bad but it did bother me at first. The toilet... not sure how to explain it but it made me nervous a few times when the water would rise a little to high after flushing hahaha I was staying in room 307 if you guys wanna check it out and make sure its running properly :)

The Standard definitely set the standard for a cool place to stay in downtown Los Angeles. The room was air conditioned, which worked amazing!!! Kept the room fresh!!! The blankets were comfy and warm. The shower was awesome by the way hahaha very sexy for a young couple ;) The mini bar was cool and reasonably priced. All sorts of goodies to choose from :P the WiFi worked perfectly!!! I had a ton of homework to finish and was super happy when it connected easily and worked properly. Didn't have a chance to check out the roof top, but there is always next time!!!! :D Thanks again guys!!!

• Reviewed: September 3, 2018

Bad experience.
    • Medium Room

We were 5 and booked 2 triple rooms for 6 nights. At the check in the Standard gave me 2 double rooms each one with a small double bed. Asked the Hotel staff to comply with my reservation, 2 triple bedrooms. I was told that the Standard didn’t care how many persons would sleep in the room and dispite the reservation I had those were the rooms. If some one hat to sleep on the floor that was our matter. No rollway or extra bed was provided by the Standart. One of us slept on the floor. We check out on the morning when one of the managers took care of the issue and let us go without charging the rest of the 5 nights that were booked and charging 235USD for just one of the bedrooms and after spending the night on Booking.com It was bad experience The Standart does not comply with your reservations. Looks better on photos. Noisy. Crowded. One night stand hotel. Weed smell corridors.

• Reviewed: August 30, 2018

First time we felt like the staff didn't want us to stay there
    • Huge Room

The staff was arrogant and didn't provide any useful information (not even the basic "the restaurant area for breakfast is here"). We had to ask where were the amenities, such as the pool, which was one of the reasons we chose the hotel. We tried to go there and, if you used the stairs without the pool bracelet you would get stuck inside the stairs. So when we asked the person in the front desk replied a simple "It's in the rooftop." When we tried to explain that you'd get stuck on the stairs he said "Well then don't use the stairs.". It took a couple more dry interactions for him to actually explain to us how the rooftop worked. Also, we were there for two nights, and on the second night there was a massive party in the room right next to ours. So, if you want to actually enjoy a hotel don't come to this place. Super trendy as unfortunately super loud — not for everybody.

The room has a great bath tub for a relaxing night. After we complained about the noise, the hotel gave us a discount.

• Reviewed: August 28, 2018

• Medium Room

Watch out for the construction. starts early in the morning and robs you of your sleep. Other than the construction outside my window, all else was wonderful!

• Reviewed: August 21, 2018

Lovely.
    • Large Room

The layout of our large room was excellent, very cool. Great view. The location was great because its across the street from Public School. Valet and parking was helpful and chill. Rooftop was super cool. Would stay again.

• Reviewed: August 20, 2018

Staff at front desk super unkind.
    • Medium Room

Staff at front desk super unkind. Check in lasted 30 seconds, only asked ID and did not explain any accommodations like hotel possibilities for breakfast, dinner, access to roof top (for which we discovered we needed a specific bracelet to get from another desk in hotel + go through specific elevator with some staff to come and get us). Check out lasted less than that, barely no hello, one only sentence about getting the receipt by email and of course no asking about the stay and last but not least, no goodbye ... Thank god we were not bothered by rooftop parties all night (I’ve read a few negative comments on topic), I’m happen to be super open minded, travelled a lot last 20 years around the world, but never seen such thing, people wearing mostly nothing around pool, drinking and smoking all around, it was impossible for us to enjoy that spot. I do not recommend that hotel at all.

• Reviewed: August 14, 2018

My stay at the standard
    • Medium Room

Place gets flooded by non guests on the weekends, making the stay less enjoyable for paying guests. The DJs didn't play a wide variety of music, no hip-hop or dance music.

Great staff, rooftop views were amazing and the drinks are strong. Very friendly bartenders. DJs every night.

• Reviewed: August 11, 2018

I love the location.
    • Medium Room

The elevators are kinda iffy.

I love the location. It’s in the center of everything in downtown LA. The staff are extremely helpful. Went above and beyond to help me with whatever I needed. The rooms are so clean and smell really nice.

• Reviewed: August 9, 2018

Nice and kind staff.
    • Medium Room

Room service with many gaps and delays between what was ordered and what was delivered. Too much noise in two rooms next to mine all night long with night management incapable to resolve. Gym with a lot of equipment out of service.

Nice and kind staff. Large rooms. Food quality on room service. Discounts provided at check out to compensate the things that failed during my stay.

• Reviewed: July 29, 2018

It’s ok was but over priced.
    • Medium Room

The TV had no cable, the roadworks started at 7am and woke us up with jack hammers, the pillows were too soft, the reception staff were a little unresponsive at times.

The bathroom was modern and there were great views.

• Reviewed: July 28, 2018

The location was amazing, the room was specious
    • Humongous Room

The curtains in the bathroom didnt have any blinds meaning you had to wake up with the sunrise every day or have the light pierce your eyes.

The location was amazing, the room was specious

• Reviewed: July 27, 2018

Fun for a couple of days but its definitely FORM over FUNCTION !
    • Medium Room

The furniture on the roof & lobby look cool but are very uncomfortable The gym had four out of five machines out of order. In the room there is only one very uncomfortable plastic chair to sit on.

Its a fun hotel with an interesting lobby & pool area.

• Reviewed: July 27, 2018

Chic, Comfy and Centrally-Located, But A Tad on the Noisy Side
    • Medium Room

It really wasn't the hotel's fault, but some jerk who stayed in my room previously smoked and wrapped a towel around the smoke detector. It took several rounds of air freshener to get rid of the smell. The other downside is that the hotel is kind of a favorite with party people, so the guests next door were having a lot of laughs and fun well past 11 pm almost every night of my stay. If you're a light sleeper, beware of hotels that offer you earplugs on the night stand -- there's usually a good reason for them being there.

Centrally located and delightfully quirky and comfortable. The decor has lots of charm, and the service was friendly and accommodating. The restaurant and room service was pretty good too. The roomtop bar / pool is a great place to hang out and people-watch, as well as take in the LA city lights.

• Reviewed: July 7, 2018

Modern and minimalistic
    • Medium Room

Staff at check-in was unhelpful and snooty, we were really put off by their attitude

Modern and minimalistic See through shower - fun if you're traveling as a couple Elegant but hip - it hosts occasional rooftop pool parties Has a young, vibrant vibe

• Reviewed: July 2, 2018

Loud party hotel with VERY basic accommodations-Needs a face-lift or deep cleaning.
    • Large Room

It is a VERY loud PARTY Hotel. People were running up and down the halls yelling all night. The lobby and front desk areas are dark and dirty. Friendly staff but very unkept looking and not very professional.

The location is great for visiting downtown locations.

• Reviewed: June 20, 2018

The room was large enough.
    • Medium Room

Bodylotion wasn't refilled, no clean iron plank. There was no remote for the Tv, no electrical facilities next to the bed.

The room was large enough.

• Reviewed: June 19, 2018

The hotel was great.
    • Medium Room

The hotel was great. It has everything you need and in a great location downtown. The paddle room and rooftop bar have a great vibe and a perfect space to spend some time with friends

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

I am very unsatisfied with the service at this place.
    • Medium Room

parking was $40. Staff were very rude. they answered questions as if bothered all the time, even over the phone. Many of them did not know the answer questions, such as recommendations, and pricing for guests about their night events. Requested for an upper level ahead of time and they gave me a room in the second floor and said they couldn't guarantee anything better even if i waited. One of the front staff even said guests had to pay to go up to the pool/ bar area. Their drinks were served in dirty hard plastic cups, and their beds were uncomfortable. I was very unsatisfied with the price I paid and the experience there.

The view was great going up to the rooftop!

• Reviewed: June 3, 2018

Legendary place!
    • Medium Room

Great vibe, legendary Rooftop bar, very helpful staff. Rooms are very large and super comfortable. Very nice breakfasts in the lobby restaurant, also very friendly staff. Overall, for me the best place in Downtown LA for a comfortable and fun stay!

• Reviewed: June 2, 2018

Cheap furniture unlike W hotel but staff made up for it!
    • Humongous Room

Difunctional room design that didn’t lend itself to comfort. Too sparse with only a bed, sink, toilet and shower head.

Staff is amazing from front desk to restaurants and roof top...even maintenance staff was very pleasant and helpful.

• Reviewed: May 31, 2018

Sad stay
    • Medium Room

Overall Fell below expectations! Checking in was a nightmare! A “Glitch” in your computer does not excuse the front desk from bad service...we waited in the lobby and they forgot about us! They promised drink tickets and weren’t given any. Dogs on my floor were barking/crying after I requested a non-pet floor. The roof top party was uneventful. The DJ played techno strange music all night ...guess this prevents dancing so why have a dance area? We stayed for one drink and left:( Their hotel policy to charge an EXTRA $150 (not a hold) for incidentals on your credit card and to be refunded 5-7 days should be against the law!

Quick elevators, Cool surrounding, Nice waiters in groundfloor restaurant. Check out is at noon.

• Reviewed: May 28, 2018

Sad
    • Wow Suite

Some staff were rude. Specific rules made it hard to do what I came for. The food was bad and service was slow when the restaurant was empty. The rooftop pool had strict rules about when to go up. Then I had an emergency yesterday and had to leave. Already wrapped up in my grandmas fall, I had to deal with extra fees from the hotel, not booking.com. Not at all sympathetic to my situation which really sealed the deal.

The valet guys. David was one of them he was nice and respectful. The boutique was cute and the experience with her was very nice.

• Reviewed: May 27, 2018

It's very young and trendy.
    • Medium Room

The room had a bit of a funky smell and the girls in the next room were pretty loud. Thin walls.

It's very young and trendy. Nice big towels. Cool rooftop pool area.

• Reviewed: May 27, 2018

6.0
    A surprising hotel
    • Medium Room

The building is obviously an old office building and it has only been partially remodeled/updated. The bed is on a raised platform which caused us to trip occasionally. There was only one chair for sitting in the room. The fixtures in the room were damaged. Downtown LA has lots of loud vehicles but the hotel has no sound proofing, so the room was noisy. The pool is not intended for guests but rather for special events. The front desk staff seemed annoyed at each encounter. There are no written directions or signs for facilities.

The basic design of the room was convenient. Food service at the pool was good. Cute signs in the room were fun.

• Reviewed: May 23, 2018

Location was great
    • Medium Room

Bathroom shower faces bedroom with a full plate of clear glass which makes it uncomfortable to shower. At least make it a glazed glass

Location was great

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

I would never stay here again.
    • Large Room

We stayed here because they had a bar at the top. We were charged to get in the rooftop although we were guests at the hotel. Everything was over priced and the staff treated guests poorly.

Comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

Nice hotel *bad location
    • Medium Room

I didn’t like the location; not only is it hidden, & we passed a couple times. I thought downtown LA would be more things to do. But, we had to pay to take an Uber everywhere. I’m going stick with Burbank— as usual.

• Reviewed: May 16, 2018

Classic place to stay, but was just OK.
    • Medium Room

Guests should have a priority/front of line access for the Rooftop Entrance. That was extremely disappointing.

My husband and I stayed here a day after our wedding. I'm an L.A. native, and have passed by it a million times, so we finally decided to stay for a night. It's a very posh, urban, retro vibe- no surprise, it is downtown after all. The staff seemed cool, but definitely not as welcoming as a lot of other hotels are. They didn't offer us help with bags or anything. Parking is $15 a day in a shared lot or $40-something for valet (ouch). Since it is in the heart of the city, not a surprise either. The elevators were really old, which I understand adds to the whole concept. The hallways were retro-vintage, and kind of creepy. The whole time it reminded me of the Hotel Cortez in season 5 of American Horror Story (the one with Lady Gaga). The room: Although it had cool retro look, it felt a little dated. The TV was tiny and old. The bathroom has a door but the shower walls are floor to ceiling glass so basically whoever is in your room can see you shower and pee. In our case isn't a problem, but maybe for other people it might be. The views were of course, great- can't be a good city view. Rooftoop: I was really looking forward to enjoying the rooftop, after all, this is one of DTLA's hot spots to go to, guest or not. However, while we were there, there was an event going on which required a $20 wristband. Later on after the event, the line was so long to get to the rooftop we didn't even want to wait. We asked if there was a special guest access/front of the line, but there wasn't. That was the one downfall for me, big time. Overall if you want that downtown vibe, the Standard is definitely a neat place to stay.

• Reviewed: May 15, 2018

I had the best sex at that hotel
    • Large Room

The restaurant wasn’t good. The hotel should haven’t to charge $20/hr for table tennis play for guests. There shouldn’t be a cover fee for roof top night club but there was.

The contemporary simple open style rooms. Especially the shower room. The bed was low perfect for various sex positions. The desk was at Percy height too for sex.

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

Rockstar Hotel for electronic artists.
    • Medium Room

Amazing Elite hotel. This is the rockstar hotel of LA. Hands down been coming here for years. And the best rooftop party on sundays. Great djs.awesome view. Smoking upscale crowd

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

Not good for kids.
    • Large Room

Booking.com AND the hotel should be overt that this is NOT a kid accommodating place. Minors can use the Pool after noon on the weekends, this was a huge reason we stayed here! The beds were too soft and there was no where to hang our towels to save them so we didn’t waste water.

I liked the funky minimalist decor and the heated pool.

• Reviewed: May 9, 2018

Good location. Fair price.
    • Medium Room

The design of the room is completely out of date. Aesthetics very obsolete. The drain of the sink wasn't working properly.

Very good location in Downtown. It is a good place to stay for solo travellers as you can meet a lot of people on the rooftop, bar..

• Reviewed: May 4, 2018

OK, no more
    • Medium Room

Bed, glass bathroom, no luggage racks, only one chair, room service

Location, very well placed for downtown, near metro, restaurants. Staff were very helpful.

• Reviewed: April 29, 2018

Awful!
    • Medium Room

The bed was as hard as a rock and the pillows were flat. When I told someone at the front desk I was in pain from not sleeping well (I was fighting back tears) they half-heartedly apologized and asked for payment. There was a stain on the carpet in our room that looked like feces or vomit. And the water pressure in the shower was almost non-existent. Seriously one of the worst nights sleep I’ve ever had!

Cool rooftop bar and pool. Interesting decor.

• Reviewed: April 24, 2018

Wonderful hotel poor staff
    • Large Room

Staff was terrible and impolite it’s hard to people so full of themselves and not happy to answer customer question also they are lazy and nombrilistic because they pay more attention to watching themselves in the mirror than taking care of people waiting for check in I was really not impressed and so not up to the standard of such hotel Some of them should be fired because customer service is clearly not their forte Excessive rate for parking it’s 40 dollars when you already pay 30” hundred for a room it should be free or at least not a rip off

Fantastic view from the rooftop and great room really nice design nice and comfortable It’s a real nice hotel with a great design Also the location is perfect to wander around DTLS It’s central for that area

• Reviewed: April 16, 2018

Great onsite bars and restaurant.
    • Medium Room

The bathroom door was really hard to slide open and the cleanliness could be better.

Arriving late it was great to have a good restaurant and bar without having to go explore.

• Reviewed: April 16, 2018

Horrible
    • Large Room

The staff! The roof top pool is not apart of the hotel so there no percs for being a guest at the hotel! Not enough pillows! The staff are rude I had to wait 45 minutes for towels to be sent to my room!

Notjing

• Reviewed: April 11, 2018

Use your money elsewhere!
    • Medium Room

Pictures Deceiving! Hotel is outdated in the worse possible way. So are the interiors and the rooms. Cant really use the swimming pool because you have to go through the bar and you look like a clown with your bathrobe on when everyone is haveing a drink during or after work. Very pointless and disappointed. Silly opening hours too. Parking was super expensive. Dont use their parking. Go to the cabin 10m away and speak to the guys there and will give you better pricing. $15 overnight vs their $40-50. I would not recommend this hotel for tye money

• Reviewed: April 7, 2018

Above average
    • Medium Room

Pillows are way too soft. No bottled water provided. High turn-over of staff (saw new faces everyday at the reception) and they weren't very nice nor friendly.

Great location (walking distance to the Metro). Well-designed room with one of the best stocked mini-bar.

• Reviewed: April 7, 2018

Fine hotel, matches the description

The rooftop bar isn’t easily accessible to guests. Must go out of the hotel, wait in line, etc. The bed was too low and the mattress below average. Check in was slightly inefficient but no big deal.

The suite was truly oversized and nicely designed.

• Reviewed: April 1, 2018

Very nice! Fun!
    • Medium Room

Bed pillows and linens were not my favorite.

Rooms are groovy fun...artfully curated hipster chic, playful. Rooftop beer garden is fantastic. Lots of fun to be had.

• Reviewed: March 30, 2018

Awful. Worn out rooms, services and facilities. They think they are all that, but they are not.
    • Wow Suite

Bar manager was rude and harassing. I will never stay or visit this hotel again

Front desk staff Jenny was very professional and nice. Nice bartenders

• Reviewed: March 26, 2018

Cool hotel, but sometimes too cool for school
    • Medium Room

Staff could have been a little more friendly and a little less cool. It is a party hotel and was kept up all night by my neighbours, despite security intervening. Security were a bit bossy at times.

Design, look and feel. The restaurant was nice. Liked the modern bars and general vibe.

• Reviewed: March 23, 2018

Not worth a penny.
    • Large Room

The staff was incredibly rude - from the front desk to the 24/7 restaurant, to the rooftop bar. They also refused to allow my friend and I up to our room with a 6 pack of Corona because they have a strict no-party policy. We had planned to order room service, and didn't want to pay extra for beers, he said the policy was also partly to ensure that we drink out of the mini bar. RIP OFF.

The hotel pool is cool.

• Reviewed: March 18, 2018

Great room and location but shame about the reception and state of the decor
    • Large Room

Considering the reputation and price of the hotel I expected a much warmer reception from the front desk staff. My husband and I arrived at different times and neither of us were told about how we could make the most of the facilities including where the swimming pool or gym was located or when they was open, or the breakfast serving times and bar, or the hotel guest parking - we suspect we might have uneccessarily paid for that. Needless to say, we opted to not have breakfast at our hotel. We also encountered hostile greetings from bouncers when we were trying to acces our room which added to the feeling of not being very welcome. The decor is also looking a bit tired in places.

We had a large room which was very spacious with a huge comfortable bed and great shower.

• Reviewed: March 17, 2018

Never stay here
    • Wow Suite

The staff was horrible. Literally the worst staff of any place i've ever stayed. They kicked me out of my room because I had friends hanging out even though I was the only one staying there and there was 1 bag. They said they would refund me since they were kicking me out and just handed me a card to said and said get out. Even before this, the staff seemed high as hell and couldn't even talk straight. It was like an episode of the twilight zone.

Great, big room. Cool style.

• Reviewed: March 16, 2018

Not especially comfortable but has other features like the roof deck, ping pong bar, and good food.
    • Medium Room

Bed was mediocre at best. Sheets were loose and moved around everywhere. Bed was super low to the ground and the room smelled a bit weird. Also, we were charged $30 for using the mini bar we didn’t touch. Got the money back but still an unnecessary nuisance.

Location is good and room has a quirky artsy feel to it. Especially with the bathroom wall looking into the shower being all glass. Food was wonderful but pricey.

• Reviewed: March 2, 2018

I ran into only one small problem and spoke with the Hotel...
    • Wow Suite

I ran into only one small problem and spoke with the Hotel Manager Scott who first and most importantly was there and I was able to speak with him directly and two he listened, understood and resolved my problem creating an even better relationship with the hotel. That’s a rarity these day to talk to anyone in charge directly and not have to leave a message or be prompted to press 1 for this & 2 for that. A big Kudos to Scott for wanting every guest at the Standard to have the best experience during their stay as possible! Thank You!

• Reviewed: February 28, 2018

Definitely someplace you have to stay at least once. I may be back.
    • Large Room

The beds are not very comfortable, but I am spoiled. Also, I needed to turn the A/C on full blast to cool the room and it's the dead of winter. Again, though, I am spoiled.

I have to say having the shower in the middle of the room was quite an experience. I'm glad I tried this hotel.

• Reviewed: February 24, 2018

Great stay . Will
    • Medium Room

Surprisingly , There is no bed side table to place a watch , phone , spectacles etc before turning in ....

Overall ambience and service quality was top notch !

• Reviewed: January 26, 2018

No lobby bar, rooftop personnel is rude, get in 3 lines to...
    • Medium Room

No lobby bar, rooftop personnel is rude, get in 3 lines to get to the rooftop, even as a hotel guest, not as hip as they think it it. Room was too basic and fairly rugged to be honest. Not the modern luxury vibe from Miami Beach or Manhattan... Will not go back there, but opt for The Line or Ace next time.

• Reviewed: January 22, 2018

Love staying at the Standard Downtown and will stay again!
    • Medium Room

One of the front desk staffers wasn’t friendly or even nice. Not sure what her problem was but she shouldn’t be in the hospitality industry if she has an attitude just checking someone out.

The ping pong room and restaurant were excellent!! As was the rooftop :)

• Reviewed: January 2, 2018

🤘🏽
    • Medium Room

Small rooms for the price. There was a dirty rag in the shower upon arrival. Parking sucks! 👎🏽 Rooms are already pricey parking should be available for registered guests!

Awesome location close to everything! Check in attendant was helpful and courteous. We were a little loud and didnt get a complaint. Thank God!

• Reviewed: December 24, 2017

Very clean
    • Medium Room

We booked the room for two people but only found one of everything: one dressing gown, one set of ear plugs etc. And there was no free bottled water which you would expect from a more expensive hotel.

The bed was really big and comfy

• Reviewed: December 23, 2017

Quirky, hip downtown venue. Great location, 24-7 restaurant, and SPECTACULAR rooftop beer garden.
    • Medium Room

Quirky, atypical hotel, obviously geared to a hip young crowd. My wife and I are seniors, and were amused by the vibe. Some small complaints: a shower mat in our room's "see-through" shower stall would have been appreciated, as the shower floor was dangerously slippery (we used a towel as an impromptu mat). I would have liked a coffee maker in the room, too, and my wife (who has a bad back) would have appreciated the option of a firmer mattress (she ended up sleeping on the bed's platform -- I slid the mattress over to make room for her). Despite those complaints, The Standard offers a great location at bargain prices, a spectacular rooftop Beer Garden with stunning nighttime views and a quiet daytime space in the bustle of downtown L.A. The 24-7 hotel restaurant is also terrific. Staff friendly, helpful, and very personable. Finally: for fans of the old Raymond Burr PERRY MASON series that aired for many seasons in the late 50s to the mid 60s, THE STANDARD's facade served as Mason's downtown L.A. office building in location shots.

• Reviewed: December 22, 2017

Perfect, I will come back.
    • Medium Room

The restaurant didn’t’ met my expectations (resp. the quality of the food didn’t met the price level).

I felt very comfortable in the hotel. It is stylish, but not wannabe-it’s perfect. It’s a pity that I must leave.

• Reviewed: December 6, 2017

good location
    • Large Room

safe deposit for one night $150. No greetings on our honeymoon. The most unpleasant was the situation with fire alarm testing - the hotel couldn't find another time then on Saturday 09:45 AM, so disrespectful to guests, especially after rooftop party on Friday.

good location

• Reviewed: November 30, 2017

Downtown la at its finest
    • Medium Room

The view from hotel was awesome. Mini bar selections were really cool. Things to do around the hotel like ping pong. Rooftop pool and lounge area was unlike anything I’ve ever seen. Super cool. Room was very modern. Loved the whole experience.

• Reviewed: November 20, 2017

Too pricey for the poor service.
    • Medium Room

Problems with the wifi, electricity, tub and toilet. The room was noisy because of the rooftop party all nights.

The food was good. Decoration was cool.

We Price Match