Reviews of The Thunderbird Inn 3 stars

611 West Oglethorpe Avenue, Savannah, GA 31401, USA

#49 of 135 hotels in Savannah

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Very clean, bed great and staff very upbeat.

Didn’t like the fact they charged you $15 for parking, hidden fee.

Very clean, bed great and staff very upbeat. Had a great time in Savannah as a solo traveler, great food and music

Thank you for the amazing hospitality.

We evacuated from Myrtle beach from Hurricane Florence. we had two small dogs. I couldn't imagine a more pet friendly Inn. they have a fenced in spot with grass for dogs. And staff is amazing

A trip in the old good days

This hotel is beautiful and very fancy: it seems that we are in the old good days of America. The staff is very kind and helpful, the room is comfortable and clean. Also, donuts on breakfast are excellent! The position is good (close to the city center) and there is free parking

The hotel is conveniently located in downtown Savannah.

Breakfast can be improved, only donuts. Bathroom is a a bit small. We got a room next to the ice machine and the cleaning staff room so it was quite noisy.

The hotel is conveniently located in downtown Savannah. It has been recently renovated, so the rooms look new.

The staff was amazing especially Ahdo.

The staff was amazing especially Ahdo. He guided us to the best restaurants and mapped them out for us. He was friendly and on point with his presentation. The room was comfortable and clean. The bathroom could of been a little bigger but overall we loved our experience. Love the look of the hotel in general and the free snakes that they provide. We will definitely stay here again.

The motel has a great vibe w/ a vivid color tone.

The sound proof was not that great and the breakfast options were too limited (only donuts were available).

The motel has a great vibe w/ a vivid color tone. The staff were super nice!

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Simplistic retro feel, check in was easy and Jim gave good...

Room temperature wouldn’t stay consistent making it very warm at times. Bathroom had an odd odor.

Simplistic retro feel, check in was easy and Jim gave good recommendations!

This hotel is a walk down memory lane to the 60's with...

This hotel is a walk down memory lane to the 60's with all the related pros and cons: you have a nice atmosphere, nice design, good music, but at the same time a not sound-proof room, a noisy bedsprings and a very essential breakfast only with doughnuts. But at the end these cons are details and the experience is pretty interesting. The location is good to visit Savannah, even on foot.

Cool retro look.

Across street from bus station. No facilities. Found hairs on towels and bathroom. Stains on sheets and blankets. Very thin walls and flimsy door between conjoined rooms. Also $15 for parking is rip off- free parking across street on two sides!!

Cool retro look. Free popcorn. Historic district.

Motel feel with hotel quality amenities

Rooms don't have an iron, but luckily ended up looking ok.

Great value, room has a fridge, very clean, safe, walkable, thick walls, would def stay here again. I loved the retro feel.

Great theme, close to city centre, well renovated.

Quite noisy. Next to a busy Road and the rooms has interconnecting Doors by which you can hear everything from the neighbours.

Great theme, close to city centre, well renovated.

Incredible value in a unique spot

Nothing bad to say!!

We loved everything about this place. Jim at check in was fabulous and the room was spacious and clean. Everything within walking distance. Such good value for money....couldn’t fault the place.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

It was quirky.

The traffic noise was loud and you could hear the television and conversations through the joining door. Lack of storage space

It was quirky. Good for a night or two

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Fun at The Thunderbird

The only thing that could have been better is a pool. I had my grandkids with me and would have loved a pool.

I loved the retro look. It really took me back in time . The staff was amazing and my grandkids loved the doughnuts in the morning and the moon pies on their pillow!

Step back in time with Fido!

Parking was a problem on Saturday night when we returned from dinner. Had to park on the street.

It was wonderful! Big, clean, cool rooms. Comfortable king size bed. Very people friendly as well as pet friendly. We love Savannah and will definitely return for more southern hospitality!!

Retro and Relaxed, Great Hotel

No elevator to help with baggage to second floor.

The rooms were comfortable and the decor was retro and keeping with the theme. I loved the 60s music playing in the parking lot ... great fun. The donuts, coffee and juice in the morning was a nice touch for breakfast. Overall great value for money, nice handy location and excellent staff.

Close to the trolley lines

Didn’t realize there wasn’t a pool and it is a bit far from attractions but the trolley gets you into town but if the trolleys not running you have to walk a bit

Close to the trolley lines

Very stylish stay in a quirky roadside inn with a solid room to boot.

Be more clear that there is no real breakfast other than the KK doughnuts and coffee.

Great roadside hotel with character! There are no frills here, but the room is solid and stylish with a good bed and bathroom. Free Moonpies and RC Cola, free classic bike use, close to historic districts, popcorn in the lobby, 50s tunes playing 24/7, and Krispy Kreme donut bar for breakfast (be aware...the doughnuts ARE the breakfast so if you want a full breakfast you'll have to go elsewhere). Very friendly staff also.

The Hippest Motel in Savannah

The $15 per day parking add on was a surprise, and diminished the value rating.

Everything about the motel was really exceptional. The motif and decor makes it like the title of a nearby geocache--"The Hippest Place in Savannah."

Not worth the "nostalgia effect," especially because of the charge for parking.

Here are my issues with the property. I arrived literally at 2:51 PM on a Sunday afternoon after a looong drive and tried to check in. No one was at the counter. I rang the bell twice. After the second time a young man came out with a clear negative attitude when I informed him I wished to check in. He stated: check in was not until 3 PM. I replied that was only a few minutes from now, and could he at least process the paperwork for check in. He stated no. Okay, then I asked if there was a bar close by to wait in. He stated nothing really close enough to walk to without going way down town. There is a bar called Prohibition 0.2 miles from door to door. After I returned to check in, about 40 minutes later (because there were other folks already in the lobby) to let the crowd thin, this gentleman started checking me in, but then handed me over to the evening shift. However, this was before he informed me that there is an additional $ 15 parking fee. I informed him I did not recall seeing that on Booking.com when I made the reservation, and I was certain to check on the availability of parking since I had a car. He cut me off stating: it is on every website that is tied to the hotel. He then turned to the pleasant young lady who he handed me off to and said to her: if you do not need anything I am out of here. This was the only thing this guy said that I liked. I thought the theme of this property would be a pleasant trip down memory lane of traveling in the past. Unfortunately this start to my stay was not pleasant. In the room, there is not a listing of TV channels, so you have to find the guide station and wait for it to scroll through all the listings to find a channel. There are no drapes, only blinds, so at night, there is always some light from the outside street lights. The room has no sound proofing.

I have mixed feelings about this property, but overall, because of the negative, I will not stay here again. The good was the overnight staff and the morning staff. The young lady at night was new but had a great attitude even though she was not fully able to answer my questions. It is located fairly close to downtown for walking. The morning staff were cheerful and offered coffee and doughnuts.

Fun kitschy motel in a great location!

Traffic noise.

For an old 'motor lodge' i.e. strip motel with doors facing out, it was actually very nice. Renovated to accentuate the kitsch factor of the 50's/60's motel heyday complete with Moon Pies on the pillows and RC Cola on the nightstand. Clever way to breathe new life into an old building. Everything was neat and clean, the staff very friendly, and bed was super comfortable. The only downside was that having exterior facing rooms means you hear ALL the traffic noise in the morning...but we had to be up early anyway (they should have invested in better sound proofing on the windows and doors...) Otherwise, great value, great location and all around fun stay!

Great character property.

Was described as having breakfast but was actually just donuts - which I loved but my wife has coeliac disease so was actually nothing for her - so we had to go out to buy her breakfast afterwards

Great character property. Comfy and spacious rooms

Vacation vibe and comfortable. Good location.

I was surprised at the fifteen dollar a day parking fee. By the time i was in for the night, (late arrival) there was just one spot left and the cars on each side were parked too close and even crooked. Since I was looking for best values, I would rather have the parking cost added in the price of the room.After the fact, I did see in fine print "private parking" and then the price, but knowing I didn't catch this made it even a more negative experience.

I loved the friendly staff. The hotel was retro style as well as comfortable. I liked the moonpies and rc colas.

2nd honeymoon

There wasn't anything that my husband and I didn't like.

We loved the retro vibe of the place. It's in walking distance to a lot of the Savannah sites.

Extremely disappointed in hotel, would not recommend.

The room was uncomfortable . Breakfast is doughnuts, coffee and tea only. Floors dirty. Fan blows all night and you can not turn it off. I put towels on the towel rack to keep to next day to save replacing them and staff put towels on top of each other on the door and had to use clean ones anyway. When booked online the picture of Thunderbird was not what the hotel looked like. Too far from River St. and City Market, it would have been helpful to know. Did not let you know you pay $15 a day for parking.

Nothing,

The Thunderbird made our trip perfect! We didn’t want to leave.

I would’ve liked a social area where my kids and I could’ve met and socialized with other guests with kids. Maybe an outdoor movie area with popcorn! 😀

We loved the hospitality of the staff! Especially the Owner/Manager!!

Thunderbird has the best beds.

That there was a parking fee of $15. Fine, but it was not mentioned pre booking.

Everything. All of it. Convenient, cute, clean. The bed was amazing. I'd have slept in the parkinglot on that bed.

Quirky and fun atmosphere, very clean, comfortable room, and very friendly staff.

Honestly the only thing I can think of is the parking fee, but I'm sure that is very common for the area.

Probably one of the cleanest places I've ever stayed. The rooms were obviously recently remodeled, everything was clean and new, everything worked great. The bed was comfortable, I slept like the dead. I expected there to be a lot of noise from outside, especially considering I was in the ground floor room closest to the front desk, but I was wrong, it was surprisingly quiet at night. Very close proximity to downtown historic district, I walked everywhere. Highly recommended.

Would definitely stay here again regret not bringing my pup very pet friendly !

Shouldn’t advertise as free breakfast since all they serve are donuts had to find out through other reviews.

Friendly staff! Popcorn lemonade donuts! Super clean room great for the price and perfect location! Offered free bikes which was a big plus cruising downtown was great and effortless!

Great stay, great price and perfect location

They charged me $40 and told me that it is a deposit. However I could not receive my deposit back yet. The room cleaning service knocked my door 4 times in the morning before the check-out time even if I indicated them that I am inside. Whenever she knocks, she said "just checking" but just checking for 4 times in the morning was really annoying. I think you should send the room cleaning staff to the rooms after 11:00AM, which is the official check-out time.

Clean, comfortable rooms with great price and great location. It has a great 70s theme both in the rooms and in the building. The location is right across the bus stop and in walking distance to all historic downtown attractions.

It was alright. They did however try to meet your needs.

They charge a parking fee of 15$, I did not understand that. I think it was kind of expensive and then when I found out about the parking fee ???. I did not like the fact that the said continental breakfast which consisted of donuts and juice.

It was clean and neat.

lovely 60s theme, great value for money!!

listed as "continental breakfast included" but the breakfast consisted of only donuts and they recommend other places for breakfast, so should be listed as "breakfast excluded" in my opinion

great 60s theme, very cool atmosphere with some lovely vintage items large clean rooms without carpet! very close to departure location of Savannah tour busses great value for money!!

Staff was really nice

Staff was really nice Really nice renovated motel Free drinks and pop corn Great location Love that they play 60-70's music on the parking lot, pretty cool!

Great value for money.

Can't consider only donuts as breakfast. Better to have "Breakfast excluded" to meet expectations.

Clean room, comfortable bed, retro style. Available parking ($15).

Clean, comfortable and cool!

I was happy with everything.

Staff was exceptionally helpful. Easy walk to sights. Loved the 60s and 70s vibes. Good donuts for breakfast with coffee.

Clean Fun Nostalgic Awesome - Just an overall A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Paying for parking each night

I would have liked NOT to pay for parking each night but other than that this place is AWESOME! Upon arrival the staff was hospitable - the place was exactly as pictured and I would definitely return when returning to Savannah!!

The room was extremely clean and we really got a kick out of...

The room was extremely clean and we really got a kick out of the Moonpies and RC Cola that complimented the theme of the motel. The girls in the office recommended 2 different restaurants "where the locals go". Both were fantastic.

They have renovated the property and committed to the 60s...

Blackout curtains

They have renovated the property and committed to the 60s theme, early rock n roll music playing in the courtyard, moon pies and RC Cola left for you in your room. Every morning fresh Krispy Kreme and coffee are available in the lobby.

The place was clean and staff was friendly.

The web advertised the place as having free parking which wasn't true - additional $15. It also advertised free breakfast which consisted of just coffee and donuts.

The place was clean and staff was friendly. Good location - able to walk to everything.

Room, proximity to places of interest, staff, cleanliness

Extremely limited breakfast options - in fact only 4 or so types of doughnuts, coffee and juice.

Room, proximity to places of interest, staff, cleanliness

A classic motel in a good location

There’s not much to not like - the motel is near a major intersection and so there’s not much ambience but inside your room this is forgotten

The location for the price is excellent with only a short walk to the main attractions. The Krispy Kreme donuts at breakfast were much appreciated

Fun theme in a convenient and affordable location.

Breakfast was just Krispy Kreme donuts but that seemed to fit the theme. Parking was $15 not $10 as implied on Booking

Great location. Retro theme. Clean. Save a few bucks without giving up walking distance to downtown.

Convenient location but a bit expensive

Paid parking - when I called I was told it was $10 per night and we were charged $15. When we mentioned it at checkout, they waived the parking fee (again, friendly and helpful staff!). The big downside was the wifi - it was pretty slow and unreliable (stopped working for a few seconds every 10 minutes or so).

The location is very convenient - you can park at the hotel and walk around town. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful, with lots of good tips. Free popcorn and lemonade all day long, and donuts for breakfast.

My stay was ok, but the experience was horrific!

The staff is incompetent. I changed my payment to another credit card and they floated on my money from 4/19. As of this date 4/25, I still haven't received my funds. I called my bank and they said the only thing they had to do was cancel the authorization. I will NEVER STAY IN THIS PLACE AGAIN!

Poor customer service/raw sewage backed up in bathtub

Was awaken to a bubbling noise in the bathroom about 8:30 am. I got up to see what it was and found the toilet and bathtub full of raw sewage.This situation was handled poorly. The assisted manager arrived at the property and fail to introduce herself. She walked past us several times to go help other families that was dealing with the same issue. All rooms on ground level was affected. After the assisted manager walked past us several times I went into the front office and asked for the manager because I fail to understand why she did not acknowledge us. I guess if we were being loud and ignorant she wouldn't have walked past us that many times. This goes to show you that people are sometimes forced to act out. My family members, friends, coworkers or anybody I know won't ever stay at this property again.

Nice, I would stay again

Not enough water pressure in the shower. There is a $40 fee when you check in, the fee isn't the problem I just wish I'd have known about it so I could budget better. There was a pipe that busted and we were moved to another hotel on my second and last night there, not the hotels fault but it was an inconvenience. They did put us up in a really nice place so it all worked out.

Loved the bed, it was big and comfy. Room was big.

Great place, bad, bad experience!

Staff was very friendly! But their was a major catastrophe and those poor girls had no idea on what to do! They needed to get everyone and their belongings out immediately and the room near me that we had not yet seen anyone from, it took them 2 hours before they finally unlocked the door to be sure no one was inside! Major health issue and it was handled very poorly.. No refund offered at all! Entire trip messed up! Couldn't shower, dress or even pee in the morning. Had to dress our of pajamas at the Bojangles down the street. Didn't make it to event that we were there for so we drive the 6 hours back home. Wasted time, money and gas!!!!!!!

Good location. Not in the middle of things but close enough to walk. They fee you to pieces. Fee for pets, fee to park!!!! Even in their own parking!!!!

The oldies blaring in the parking lot, the mod retro look,...

Could have been a little cleaner in the bathroom...shower area specifically.

The oldies blaring in the parking lot, the mod retro look, the comfy bed, and the LOCATION!

Kids loved it and we thought it was pretty groovy!

Parking was a challenge. We booked ahead but it ends up being first come first serve & there seemed to be more cars than spaces. Bathrooms could use an update, for the price paid.

It was one of the best hotel beds I've ever slept on! Donuts & coffee were a nice touch as well as the lemonade & popcorn on arrival. Cute retro motel. It's pretty close to things but due to the heat we still drive to River St. Super sweet housekeeping staff!

Nice location, cute, retro.

Bathroom was very small and cramped, not as clean. Toilet lid had a large crack, tile was dirty. Towels were not soft. Coffee maker was dirty. Parking fee was added upon arrival, not mentioned anywhere when I booked: slightly annoyed me. Could easily hear other guests, didn't sleep well due to loud guests.

Room was nicely renovated. Moon pies and RC Cola waiting upon checkin, which we enjoyed. Great location, friendly staff. Krispy Creme donuts for breakfast. Nice view of the bridge. Room had Good air conditioning, helped us escape from the Savannah heat!

Awful. Do not stay here!

Awful! Old , run down, dirty. Not cute at all. Just a very over priced old hotel. Do not stay here! We paid for two nights and left after the first. Did not get any refund. We stayed at a hotel right around the corner that was really nice and cheaper. This hotel is a huge rip off :-(

The staff was friendly. That about it :-(

A hotel with a difference.

Would have liked to stay longer.

Loved the retro style, the music playing in reception/breakfast area and piped into the car park (great 60s soul/motown). Whole place had an upbeat feel and it was our first hotel of a 14 night holiday travelling through 9 states and it is the one we remember the most.

Good motel for the price.

The bed was very comfortable. The room smelled very fresh. The air conditioner worked very well keeping the room very cool in the heat. This was a very good value for the price. Very close to all the attractions in Savannah,

Clean and kitschy, but sound-proofing needed.

The only drawback is that the rooms often adjoin the room next door with lock-out doors in between. This is not a big deal except that with the hard surface floors, sound carries. We were awakened at 5:00 AM and again at 6:00 AM by what we thought was a live sex show in the room with us. :( Good for them, but not for us.

This is a hip/kitschy mid-century motel that is updated and retro-fied to be a cute and less expensive (sometimes) alternative to other Savannah hotels in the area. The carpet has been replaced with nice laminate floors, the furniture is adorable mid-century reproductions, there is a fridge and all the other necessities. They are extremely pet-friendly and the staff rocks. Plus moonpies and RC Cola waiting for you in the room.

The cleaning ladies very lazy. Either Booking.com or the hotel is being dishonest.

Many hidden cost. I understand that we need to pay tax $6, but it turned out to be $17. Tax to US govt, tax for a bed, tax to Georgia and transportation.

They do not provide breakfast. Just have doughnuts available to microwave.

Nice place, but not $200 per night nice.

For $200 per night I expect access to a pool, a writing desk in the room where I can work, a continental breakfast, & coffee to go in addition to the clean/comfortable room. The property itself has no room to add a pool. They may be able to do something about the breakfast if they offer like a voucher or something. The coffee issue is easily solved. Buy a few sleaves of paper coffee cups. All in all, the stay was nice, but it sure wasn't $200/night nice. I could have stomached $150.

Bed was comfy. They leave two RC Colas and 2 mini Moon Pies in the room, which I thought was a nice touch. Parking lot is well lit. Convienance store and Family Dollar are directly across the street as luck would have it. Property is a reasonable walking distance to most things downtown if you're not lazy and over privleged. The staff is extra friendly, even in the face of the couple of idiots that checked in ahead of me. #stupidtourists. Parking lot is well lit.

Visiting my Undergraduate Daughter and Staying so close to her

Security of the doors, but OK

In the middle of the Savannah College of Arts and Design SCAD, WONDERFULL, I will go back as many times as I can, obviously with her permission, !!!!!

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

Economical

Only one chair, tiny stool-like table. They did bring us another chair when asked. You are a long walk from the river street so you have to be back before the busses stop running but there are restaurants within walking distance for supper. If you're younger and in better shape, that's not an issue but we walked too far the first evening and my 68 year old husband had trouble making it back to the hotel. I thought paying an extra $10 a night to park in their parking lot was ridiculous.

Located just across street from free historic area bus and short walk to Old Town Trolley headquarters. Rue de Jean, a nice French restaurant a few doors down. Krispy Crème Doughnuts for breakfast. They placed 2 RC colas each day in our room which came in handy. Also right across from bus station if you don't want to drive to Savannah.

It's a cute place.

Because it's on a main thoroughfare it's a bit loud. I recommend some ear plugs.

It's on a main thoroughfare so it's super easy to walk anywhere in savannah.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Breakfast.

Paying for parking. The TV in the room didn't work. The $20 pre-authorozation on my credit card for room incidentals.

Breakfast. The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

First trip to Savannah

I didn't like having to pay $10.00 to park after you paid for your room. The only problem i had with the room was the water pressure in the shower other than that is was great.

Convenient location. Basic amenities. Good coffee and Krispy Kreme donuts for breakfast. Friendly.

The pillows were all fiber fill could not sleep on them. The room was clean but bathroom grout had black mold? in it. Bathroom could have been cleaner. The breakfast room could have been cleaner.

Location was next to graduation for scad-perfect. Staff very nice and very helpful.

Adorable pet-friendly themed motel

The charged for parking which is pretty ridiculous, and this was not mentioned when reserving the room on booking.com. They also charge a pet fee which is fine but also not mentioned

Loved the atmosphere and the fact that is was very pet friendly. Clean and comfortable and close to everything

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Great location to downtown area, retro decoration with a wonderful staff.

The only thing I didn't like was the water pressure in the room was very low. The shower hardly had enough water coming out to rinse you off. There wasn't a hair dryer in the room upon my arrival, when I let the front desk know, they said they would bring me one to my room. The one they brought me didn't work as well. So since I didn't pack one knowing the room was supposed to have one, thank goodness my step mom in the room next door had one.

The staff was great and very accommodating. The room was clean, there was always coffee, lemonade and popcorn in the lobby area. The RC cola and moon pies in the room were great. The room decoration was so neat. I really like the colors of the room and the outside of the hotel. Very retro.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Wonderful place.

The first room we were assigned had a problem with opening the door, so we had to go to a liwer level room instead of our orignal upper level room. But, it was still great...overall.

We loved the free coffee amd Lrospy Creme donuts!

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

A wonderful experience!

It was a great experience. My partner and I loved the location and were able to walk everywhere. The room was very cute the staff friendly and the doughnuts fresh! We will be returning here.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Good value and great location.

"Breakfast included" was only donuts - not very healthy. Extra payment for parking was a bit much, considering the property is a motel.

Very good location - walking distance to everything - restaurants and tourist areas.

Keep going

No pool. No dresser or cabinet in rooms, just some wall-mounted cubby holes. Bathroom so small you have to go outside to change your mind. Very low water pressure, "hot" water was lukewarm at best. No stoppers in sink. Staff is a bunch of scatter-brains. And they play the same 12 early-1960s songs over the exterior intercom over & over & over till 10 PM. Bus terminal across the street. Street carries heavy truck traffic and is very loud.

Comfort of bed was excellent. .

Thunderbird Inn is a big value with a small price!

The parking lot is small. The bathroom is small.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast with Krispy Creme doughnuts 🍩 was awesome! Free bikes to go into town were an unexpected bonus. LOVE that Thunderbird Inn is pet friendly!

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

All and all a fun and comfortable place to stay.

right across the street from the bus station, which is never the best part of town. The staff was very very nice, except the lady that checked us in the first night was grumpy and gave us a key that didn't work, which was a good thing, since there was someone already in that room. When we checked out there were a lot of unexpected charges $10.00 HBO tax ???

The bathroom was very clean but tiny. The breakfast was donuts and coffee, but it was tasty and there was soda and moon pies in the room every day. It was very clean, inside and out.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

Satisfied.

Breakfast was just donuts and coffee. Fresh fruit would be good. Metal blinds let too much light in.

Adequate space in room, large bath towels, location was excellent.satisfied

Quick overnight stay, comfy.

The parking charge of $10, I know there is limited parking but adding that ten dollars then makes the room not worth the price. The breakfast is kind of weak. When they said Krispy Kreme, I was expecting fresh donuts, not ones from box in the grocery store where the glaze is all hard and crusty. If you advertise The bathroom was cramped. An extra blanket for the bed would have been nice.

The location to downtown was very close, restaurants and stores within walking distance. The AC unit worked very well, it was chilly in the morning and I was able to warm the room rather quickly.

Throw back to the sixties, in a good way 😀

It was a bit noisy due to traffic and the proximity of the road. The selection at breakfast was limited to Krispy Kreme doughnuts.

The retro-hip theme of the motel and room details and the helpful staff member at check in were awesome! Popcorn was free and the coffee, in real mugs, was excellent!

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Great place

Little loud to street noise but did not bother me. The drunk old ladies the first night there next to us they did. Then the bus full of students the last night took their place. (I don't sleep well to begin with so it was an issue nothing you can do about blatant disrespect for others.) Not the hotels fault.

Loved the theme staff was great!!! Free donuts lol

Hippies will love it.

We saw a cockroach scurry from under the bed and bathroom was very small and outdated. We moved to another motel.

Staff was very nice. Atmosphere very friendly and relaxed.

Browse The Thunderbird Inn traveller photo gallery