Reviews of The Townsend Hotel 4 stars

100 Townsend Street, Birmingham, MI 48009, USA

#1 of 3 hotels in Birmingham

9.7

9.7

The Townsend is a little gem. It's real treat to stay there!
    • Luxury Room

Strange how the in-room breakfast menu is better than the dining room menu but its just an observation not a criticism.

It's always a pleasure to stay in this hotel. I love the old world charm and yet light and airy rooms. I feel like it's home from home. It has a lovely atmosphere and the staff are just so smart, helpful and kind.

Great location, walking distance to all of our destinations, I would stay here again.
    • Luxury Room

David at the Rugby Grille was a great waiter for my particular friends. He did a super job meeting their special requests! The bell desk was responsive to bringing our car and retrieving our luggage, no long waits.

Excellent stay in a walkable community
    • Luxury Room

The parking was a cluster fu** around the property. We wanted to valet but couldn’t even get to a point where we could stop and hand the keys off. It’s all street parking around and the valet was backed up maybe? It’s the the Townsend’s fault though.

Evening turn down service. Excellent value. The staff is wonderful as are the rooms. Room service is tasty, quick and well worth the exorbitant price.

Worth the money
    • Luxury Room

Very clean facility. Staff was professional, friendly, and always there to help or ask if you need anything. The hotel is located within downtown Birmingham, which is upscale and has a lot of places to shop and dine.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

Classy stay but front desk didn't listen to billing request.
    • Luxury Room

They charged my daughters charge card for one night because she checked in first, even though they held the room on my credit card . I had told them I would arrive much later but my daughter would get there first . When I checked in I repeated that. At check out I repeated that I wanted all charges on my credit card ... had the card in my hand. They assured me it was all taken care of as I wished but it wasn't!! . One night and the parking showed up on my (fresh out of college)daughter's credit card . They eventually fixed it. But it never should have happened.

Bedding was wonderful! Crisp clean sheets with a perfect weight down duvet. Wish I had it for home. Even the turn down service and chocolates were extra nice.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

Great staff excellent restaurant
    • Luxury Room

Things like coffee and tea in the room. Better wifi without paying for premium.

Bed was super comfy staff paid extra attention and gave you needed things even without being asked like extra box of kleenex because I had a cold.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Great location/clean rooms/quiet/great bed!
    • Luxury Room

hefty price for aging hallways/crack paint/chipping/no pool or hot tub......would have expected pristine.

Great location/clean rooms/quiet/great bed! Concierge and Stephanie at front desk very helpful finding dinner spot for us...much appreciated. Valet staff on the ball and moved fast with both drop off and getting car the next day...the water bottles a plus!

It was good

Very cozy, excellent service

Very cozy, excellent service

Outstanding team

Outstanding team

Staff and luxury.
    • Luxury Room

Bar service Friday night was weak. Understaffed.

Staff and luxury.

Everything was clean and beautiful

Everything was clean and beautiful

this is a good experience
    • Luxury Room

the bed is very comfortable!

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

The bed was like a cloud very comfy
    • Luxury Suite

Stained floors. The smell.

The bed was like a cloud very comfy

• Reviewed: 1 December 2015

Great property & location.

It is a bit pricey but with your rate, it made it do able.

Great property & location. Walking distance to nice restaurants. My 1st visit at this hotel & I would go back.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2015

It was elegant & what I expected with the exception of...

It was elegant & what I expected with the exception of during dinner we had to be moved because there was a direct cold vent near our table . We also had the view of the back of the brick building!

• Reviewed: 23 October 2015

Beautiful hotel.

TV in bedroom would just shut off. We were asked every day if we wanted a newspaper in our room, we said yes every time. It never showed up.

Beautiful hotel. Great size suite and the neighborhood is wonderful, with great shops, bars and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2015

price rooms with aging interior loud hall way air conditioning some rooms in noisy location no pool no hot tub expensive parking bedding and room felt damp pictures not reflective of actual rooms old carpet small bath tub

location bottled water

• Reviewed: 9 July 2015

Questo albergo si trova a Birmingham, un'isola felice a...

Questo albergo si trova a Birmingham, un'isola felice a mezz'ora di distanza da Detroit ed una delle contee piu' ricche di tutti gli Stati uniti. La cittadina e' deliziosa e l'albergo e' uno dei piu' belli di tutto lo stato del Michigan. L'edificio e' ubicato in un vecchio edificio restaurato, ma l'interno, pur mantenendo un arredamento in linea con la storia del palazzo, e' comunque tutto nuovo e scintillante. Le camere sono enormi. La stanza comprende sia la zona letto sia una zona soggiorno con divani, televisione e scrivania. Anche il bagno e' particolarmente grande e confortevole. Hai a disposizione di tutto: numerosi asciugamani, 2 accappatoi, pantofole, radio sintonizzata su una radio locale che trasmette musica, un bar all'interno di un mobile apposito che si illumina quando viene aperto e contiene ogni ben di Dio. Letto molto confortevole. Servizio impeccabile. La colazione ed il wi-fi si pagano a parte.

• Reviewed: 13 June 2015

From the moment we arrived until the moment we left,...

I cannot think of anything which did not exceed expectations

From the moment we arrived until the moment we left, everyone and everything was top notch. Not a single misstep in two days.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2015

Our stay was with 7 girlfriends.

Our stay was with 7 girlfriends. Exceptional service by Bellmen, Front Desk Check In, Concierge Services and Check Out. Convenient Location to Birmingham Shops and Restaurants. Hotel well lite during late hours and well staffed. A+ goes to the Concierge Staff who sensitively dealt with a valued article left behind. Within 30 minutes of phone call it was on its way across the state. The service level of this amazing boutique hotel goes well beyond your stay. A+

• Reviewed: 8 April 2016

All the staff was helpful.

All the staff was helpful. The parking valet was particularly good at helping to direct me around town.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2015

Excellent staff.

Excellent staff.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2015

Staff was friendly

some parts of the hotel felt dated.

Staff was friendly

• Reviewed: 3 September 2015

couldn't print from the computers in the business center...

couldn't print from the computers in the business center however the front desk printed my tickets so that was a positive finish thank you

• Reviewed: 15 March 2015

We really enjoyed relaxing in our friend's suite with...

It was perfect.

We really enjoyed relaxing in our friend's suite with wine after a "hard" afternoon of shopping!

• Reviewed: 11 February 2015

Excellent hospitality, super friendly and helpful.

Excellent hospitality, super friendly and helpful.

There are also 20 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.