Reviews of The Tremont Chicago Hotel at Magnificent Mile 4 stars

100 East Chestnut Street, Chicago, IL 60611, USA

#130 of 154 hotels in Chicago

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Great location and nice staff.

The Chicago marathon was in town unbeknownst to us when booking but rooms were at a premium. Our room was located in a separate building referred to as the Tremont Studios. We had a small kitchen and a view of the alley. The issue is the building is kitchen and bathrooms needed major updates. Old tile and not really clean. The rest of the furniture is all modern and comfortable. For the surge price this was a disappointment. The main hotel might be better but we don’t know.

Great location and nice staff.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Loved the location, hotel not so much.
    • Deluxe King Corner Room

The room was very dusty, especially the blinds. Dust was in the air. It’s an important issue for me because I’m allergic to dust. The tub faucet was leaking and the bathroom door difficult to close.

It’s a great location!

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Very very disappointing. Will not recommend to anyone.

The room was old. Bathroom was very old -dated and small. Define tilt NOT luxurious. Hallways were old. Lobby was not charming. No flowers or anything quaint. Very disappointing. There was a guy lying on the couch with no socks on in the lobby.

The bed was fine

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

We enjoyed our visit to Chicago

Hotel is old world and would benefit from refurbishment. Bed comfortable, room was dark and windows old and grubby. Location is excellent just off Michigan Ave, close to restaurants and shops. Walking distances to man major sites and transport. Staff very friendly and most helpful. Overall the hotel suited us and was value for money considering the location. We would stay there again if back in Chicago.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

We arrived late and were very surprised to be given one of...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

We arrived late and were very surprised to be given one of the penthouses instead of the room that I thought I had booked. The view was excellent!! Thank you!

does not worth the money spent

The room was not in the main building ... that was not mentioned in the reservation. Breakfast was not good.

Perfect location, right away from magnificent mile

Beware of Second Building

Cons: Bathroom was outdated. TV did not work (after multiple people came up to try to fix it.). Bathroom VERY outdated. The thermostat looks like it was from the 1960s. I can only hope that their plan is to renovate and update these rooms, but if you are booked in them beware.

We stayed in the building next door (not in the main hotel) and it appears that it was a former studio apartment. Pros: Bed was comfortable, room was spacious. Our friends stayed in the main hotel and their room was very nice.

Fraudulent additional charges made
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The charge is under dispute, however it seems like a fraud. I had requested for smoking room and when they said they don't have it, I was very careful about not smoking in there. I am a regular traveler and respect hotel policies. This is a fraudulent charge that was made, after I left the hotel, with absolutely no information shared with me in advance, nor checking the room in my presence. How can I dispute a claim that I had smoked inside if they do this without any information shared and in my absence? This additional 250USD debit is fraud charge and we will are feeling cheated about this

I had made complete payment for the room prior to going there. There was no free wifi had to pay 10 usd a a day for it. additionally they made m swipe my card for a 100 USD deposit on check in, but post check out charged me they charged me 250 USD on my card without informing or checking with me about. 250 usd is a lot of money, and now they aren't responding to my mails

Very disappointed in my stay and I would highly recommend staying at other hotels in the area.

The person working the at the front desk when we checked in was very rude and left out certain details pertaining to the hotel and payment. No refrigerator in the room and only one ice maker for the entire hotel and not enough ice buckets. The room was described as a king suite but I would hardly call this a suite. Make sure you bring your own shampoo and soap as there is none in the room. Price is too high for how this hotel compares to those in the same area.

Great location on the Mag Mile and it was a comfortable room even though it lacked some amenities that I was expecting

Decent Rooms, Great Location

Wasn't great that we had to pay extra for wifi access in our rooms but having said that we did know this up front before booking the room. Breakfast isn't included, which is also something that we also knew up front, however, breakfast at the hotel opens very late on the Sunday which isn't that convenient.

The room was a good size, very neat and comfortable. Great location, 2 minute walk to Hancock Tower and about a 15 minute walk to Navy Pier.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Great location. Very comfortable bed. A very good option in the heart of Chicago but a bit pricey.

Room was dated. Didn't look for a 4* hotel. No free Wi-Fi in the room. A bit expensive.

Great location. Very very comfortable bed. They accepted my special request. A very good option in the heart of Chicago.

Not going back
    • Deluxe Queen Room

There was black mold on the bathroom ceiling! Had to use my shoulder to help open the door to get in and use both hands to yank open to door to get out of the room!

Won’t stay here again - dirty and images are deceiving
    • Deluxe King Corner Room

The photos for this hotel are deceiving- You think by booking the corner room you’re getting a room with floor to ceiling glass (like in their pictures), turns out you don’t - it’s a regular room, just in the corner with no view and bricks with small windows. The room wasn’t clean, bathroom was disgusting and needs modernising (I refused to shower during my stay), windows so dirty you could hardly see out of them and the desk was dirty so I got an eye infection doing my contacts on it. Lastly, communal areas in the hotel stank of stale smoke/mould and really needs airing.

The bed was comfy

Great location. With some maintenance done we would stay again.

Needs maintenance. Lampshade broken. Tile missing. Doors misaligned. Complimentary water bottle opened & part already drank. Lobby not set up logically - too crowded - should use part of business center & reconfigure.

• Deluxe King Corner Room

Put us in loft next door , not king suite as booked, took twenty minutes for valet parking, front desk staff not the friendliest, didn’t want to give receipt ( we will email, blah blah blah) .. great location but staff could learn to smile and go to a hospitality seminar !!

Experiencing Chicago for the first time while staying at the Tremont Hotel was lovely!

I think the reception staff could have been more friendly and should offer guests insight about what's around the Tremont when checking in. We found out on day 2 that there was ice buckets and ice available on the first floor and this would have been useful information on day 1. I also believe there was supposed to be free cocktails in the evening but no information was provided when we checked in on when/where so we didn't take advantage. We did see others enjoying a glass of wine in the reception area so I feel like this was a "miss". Rooms were very nice, but my personal opinion was that the beds were too soft and the pillows not firm enough. I didn't sleep well because one pillow was too low and two pillows too high. Also having wi-fi in hotel rooms would have been nice. In this day and age, it's kind of an expectation. Paying $9.99 per day for wi-fi is a huge expense that should be included in the room charge.

Location is everything in Chicago and this property is great! Magnificent Mile shopping within a block. Restaurants were also fantastic and close. The Cheesecake Factory and Mike Ditka's Restaurant were both spectacular and the best place for Chicago Style Pizza, Pizano's, was also just around the corner! Breakfast was great at Ditka's and if you're just up for your morning coffee there's a Starbuck's right across the street. This was our first time in Chicago and the Tremont was an excellent choice!

Not the greatest experience for the price
    • Deluxe King Corner Room

Staff weren’t welcoming, unhelpful, unfriendly. WiFi only available in lobby not in room. Our first room looked like someone had romped on the bed so they changed rooms for us. There was a spider in the bathroom that I killed and it was still on the floor 2 days later, shower and bath taps constantly ran, another spider in the main room also and our room didn’t get serviced for our last night there and it was “too bad”attitude from the staff and the manager gave us a $50 refund - we’d stayed 5 nights and paid $240/$250 a night.

Location Room was spacious

Location was great.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The lobby smelled of stale cigarettes, the room was old and in dire need of updates. Visible cracks in the sink, floors and ceiling. I was afraid to go barefoot in the room. For the price, I would not recommend. This is definitely not a 3 or 4 star hotel.

Location was great. Close to shops, gold Coast restaurants and the beach!

Great stay, but can be better!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

My stay did not include breakfast, even though Ditkas is a great restaurant (totally loved it), you have to pay an additional fee in order to have it there. Of you want any other options, there is a Starbucks across the street and many cafes nearby. Since the rate per night was on the pricier side (August), I thought there would be free wifi in the room, that was not the case, there was only free wifi in the living room. Included breakfast and free wifi would justify a lot more the price for future opportunities, it was a great stay nonetheless!

Loved the location, it was just one block away from Michigan Avenue. Room was great, lots of space and super clean :) I walked pretty much everywhere and took the CTA a couple of times. It is pretty close to many stores, restaurants, the 360 observatory and navy pier.

Old, dated hotel

The hotel is old. Everything felt dated. Our room had peeling wallpaper and extremely dusty vents. The location of the room was odd. It was directly next door to the elevator. When taking a shower the bathtub floods, so you are standing in 1/2 inch of water. We were only staying for 2 days, and really only needed a room for sleeping. If we were staying longer I would have checked out and found another hotel. Overall, we were not impressed and would not return.

The location is great for those who like to shop.
    • Deluxe King Corner Room

The room I stayed in had a damp, musty smell.. and it can get a little noisy, especially in the early hours of the morning. Housekeeping did not do a good job in replacing the in-room amenities like coffee/tea and shampoo/bath gels - there's always one or two things missing. Most of the receptionists are quite unfriendly.. questions/enquiries were met with curt answers, I'm almost afraid to ask anything further.

The location is great for those who like to shop..

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Location was awesome.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

It’s Chicago, so parking sucks and costly. In/out almost impossible to find. If you’re parking and staying, be sure to use the only apps to reserve your space at a much cheaper rate.

Location was awesome. We had a. penthouse. I think the place was sold out and some how we ended up in the penthouse for the same price as a regular room. Panoramic views, living area, fire place, wide sceen tv, half bath, foyer, kitchenette seating for six! Separate bedroom and bath with jetted tub, shower, double sinks and huge closet. What’s not to like. Just a shame were only there for a night to attend an event outside the side.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Clean and location
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The bath doesn't work. The heater doesn't work. Everything is old. It is noisy all day. And it is expensive. The only good thing is clean and location is ok. Never come again.

Clean and location

This was my first stay at this hotel and I was pleasantly...
    • Deluxe Queen Room

You have to pay for a WiFi connection in your room which I think at this age of technology does not play out for the best of this hotel.

This was my first stay at this hotel and I was pleasantly surprised. Really nice hotel close to pretty much everything.

Disappointed
    • Deluxe Queen Room

In four days, the woman at the front desk did not smile once. When our room was not serviced one day, I asked for clean towels so my husband could shower. It took an hour and two requests (one in person). When the towels were delivered, they were for one person only, so in the morning we were again without clean/dry towels. It is unacceptable when a room is missed for service (understandable -- it happens), that it is not done *immediately*. Also, no apology, no smile, from person I dealt with.

The location is good.

Could find something better for the same price.
    • Deluxe King Corner Room

The room was very old, not at all like the pictures you see on booking.com There were spider webs and the bathroom door didn't close properly unless you smashed it waking up the whoever's in the room with you. The bathtub and sink were also very old. Reception staff wasn't very welcoming. There was no mini fridge in the room, so we couldnt store nothing for the day. Wi-Fi in the room IS NOT included. Didn't get the chance to try the breakfast, but it costs 12.99$ My side of the room had no lights. Our room had free cancellation until a week before arrival, but the day after this deadline they took without notice all the amount from my credit card. I thought I could pay at the desk while checking in, splitting the amount with my friend.

The bed was extremely comfortable. New flat tv in the room. The hotels location is amazing.

Nice hotel, even for longer stays. A bit pricey

You have to pay for the WiFi in your room, and I think it's too much since we payed 130 $ per night without even breakfast included.

The staff was very nice, the room was really clean and the bed big and comfortable. The position was very central, you could get everywhere just walking

The room was really nice & very comfortable.
    • Deluxe King Corner Room

There was ZERO water pressure for the bathtub. The water trickled out of the faucet. Couldn't even fill it. Very disappointing.

The room was really nice & very comfortable. Slept like a baby!

Noisy, great beds, pillows. Good location. Gold Coast area.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

NO Wifi in room. That means you will be charged $9.99 for room Wifi. I came downstairs to use their one computer, in the Lobby. I had to research airlines fares, no seat. You will stand on how the computer is set up. Not very easy while people are checking in. NOT private. Front Staff needs to be caught up with the new changes from the new Ownership. At check in a charge of $100.00, a hold, for phone calls, and any Restaurant charges.

Well I have to say that the Restaurant Dicka's next door was a nice spot to people watch, and eat. My Perch was really good, they were a bit busy, but my dinner took a little longer than expected. Their Mash potatoes were good, with red skins on them, so in-house made for sure. The hotel beds were nice, soft pillows.

After a sunny day in Chicago, a dip in the Lake and Pizanos on State the Bath was Refreshing.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I had to check out due to financial responsibility.

The Soap, Shampoo and Conditioner were most excellent. The bed seemed to need looked into. I forgot to mention it because the bed was also very comfortable but a noise sounded like the box spring was weight sensitive when I kneed down on the bed to relax every time. Staff went above and beyond with team efforts in early check-in and extended stay to medical center locations printed out for me and my journey. I am Assisting my football friend who suffered injury at home slip and fall now at Shirly Ryan Rehab. He walked for the first time today in months showing promise and good signs of slow recovery.

It was nice but never again
    • Deluxe Queen Room

No pool, no directions to nearby beach that was shown before booking. Asked for clean towels and never received them, we stayed 2 nights.

Work out room was nice. Free water and coffee was great too.

Nice hotel and great location but it 4 stars

Not a real 4 stars hotel, especially in light of the American standards. Room was extremely cold due to the centralized air conditioning

Location was perfect, bed comfy and extremely polite and helpful staff

Brilliant

Location and price also very clean. I would definitely stay at this hotel on my next visit. I also stayed at another hotel a very short distance away 5 star and the Tremont was much better overall and better value for money.

Nice and confortable
    • Deluxe Queen Room

It was really really windy and rainy during our stay, and the windows are not really well insulated. We felt the wind through the window and we heard it as well. Finally, the WIFI is free but with a really slow output, otherwise, you need to pay.

This hotel is really well-situated, the room was clean and we had two windows with a nice view on the Magnificent Mile. The room was really clean and comfortable and it was really quiet, which is really appreciable.

Quiet.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

View from low priced room was not good but it was low priced so view was not expected to be good.

Quiet. Convenient to Michigan Ave. Outstanding front desk staff. Within walk-able distance to subway to O'Hare with only one transfer. Tons of restaurants in neighborhood.

Great value for money hotel.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Room decor a bit outdated but great value for money if you just need somewhere average to lay your head down for the night.

Great value for money hotel. 10-15 minute walk brings you right into downtown Chicago. Some beautiful restaurants and pizza joints close by and some great pubs. Guest services were very friendly and helpful

I chose The Tremont based on price and location and would syay there again.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I was on crutches/knee scooter during my Wed through Saturday stay...only one time during entering/leaving (which happened multiple times a day) did one of their people offer to get the door for me. They had 2 sets of double doors that was on a little slant and the handicap door buttons did not seem to be working, making getting in and out more difficult for me. The room was clean but the bathroom seemed a little run down (problems were patched but not well).

Bed was comfortable. Nice sized desk in room for work. They also provided a few complimentary bottles of water.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

It was a little difficult for me to get ice on the first floor and bring it up to my room. I have mobility issues.

Due to the east coast storm my flight was canceled. The front desk staff made it easy to add an extra night at same price.

This was an overall terrible experience
    • Deluxe Queen Room

We had to pay for parking which we were not told. We had to pay a deposit when we got to the hotel. Breakfast was not included in our hotel stay which was included in the website but not when we got to the hotel.

Well located and comfortable.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The room did not have a mini fridge nor good wifi.

Cleanliness and comfort were great. The location is ideal for anyone who wants to get to know the city.

Clean but not worth the money.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Room not as would be expected for the price paid. Outdated bathroom facilities which needs renovation.

Clean rooms. Helpful and pleasant reception staff.

Comfortable bed, friendly staff, great location but tired room in need of a refresh.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The room itself was run down and in need of proper maintenance and upkeep. The bathroom door was peeling/water damaged. The vanity are was in need of paint.

Staff was extremely friendly and accommodating.

DIsappointed!! not going to visit them again!!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

View rather limited, and shower needs some sort of repair otherwise good. I was greatly disappointed by the behavior of a particular front desk lady. They do not have the professionalism to manage a complex situation, and they end up misbehaving. Long story short, a colleague was also staying in this very hotel the same days. We checked out together, and after my credit card payment was approved I checked out. However my colleague's card didn't work (still dont know why...) and the receptionist told her with the most cold approach that her card is not being accepted. The same card that was used upon checkin to hold the necessary amount to pay the room. So the hotel keeps her payment on hold and say that her payment is not being approved. To make matters worse, after my colleague called her bank and they explained her that they had released the necessary funds, she informed the receptionist. The receptionist was constantly saying the same thing over and over again without giving my colleague an angle on how to solve the issue. Instead of trying to find a way to solve the problem and help my colleague the dear lady reffered to our country saying that we need to learn as a nation how banking works. So, yes this is a racist statement, totally inappropriate and not at all professional. In the end my colleague explained her that she needs to see the manager of the hotel for a solution to be found. Moments later, the same front desk lady came with a receipt saying that she contacted the financial department and somehow the payment was approved.

Extra comfortable bed.

It was amazing!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Jerri was kind enough to upgrade our room for us! We were blown away when we walked into what we thought was a basic Queen room into the beautiful suite with an upstairs and an insanely comfortable King bed. We had one night in Chicago and it was above and beyond what we had planned. Thank you so much!

Over all the hotel met our needs. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

The light in the room kept coming on through out the night. We finally figured out to turn the whole thing off. Also, the water pressure in the sink was poor

Cleanliness

Worth the stay leave your vehicle at home

My only complaints if you call them that would be the pillows are very flat and uncomfortable. But that's a personal preference on how you like your pillows. Also in the standard room price breakfast which is just continental is not included and is 9.99 a person. A bit much for cereal and what not. Parking is ridiculously expensive as well. 67 a day! If you can avoid bringing a vehicle do it. It's not worth paying that much for less then 24 hours as we checked in at 3pm and left at 10am the next morning. Next time we will take the train in to avoid parking hassles. Otherwise it's very cute and comfortable. Ditkas restaurant is wonderful and worth the money as well.

Very nice clean and pretty. Close to a lot of restaurants and attractions.

I had an excellent stay, including an especially nice restaurant.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I would have liked to have felt more secure: safety concerns. A reservationist let me charge my incidentals to my mother's charge card. I did not know whether I had housing or not at university.

I had a wonderful breakfast.

Perfect location. Outdated hotel
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The out dated hotel. The room was freezing. Had heat turned all the way up. The windows had a thick sheet of ice on them. Couldn't see out the windows.

The location was great

The bathroom needed repair, mold in tile lines.

Read above

The bathroom needed repair, mold in tile lines. Plaster bubbled under windows and lower wall area in bathroom. I've stayed there before and was nice it's run down now and needs repairs. Wont stay there again

The Tremont Hotel is in a great location and for the Booking.com price it was great for our fam.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The main concern I have is that the bathroom tub had a small evidence of some mold/mildew which did not seem acceptable. I wouldn't shy away from staying here again but I would give the hotel a head's up about this concern. Also, the room air freshener was a bit strong.

The staff were excellent. The location is fantastic, especially for the local amenities we utilized. The bed was comfortable. The room was what we needed, not large but not so cramped either.

Comfortable and convenient
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The bathroom is dated. It needs a remodel but it served its purpose. Only retro feature I enjoyed was the heat lamp.

Similar to other reviewers, the location of this hotel is superb and can’t be beat. The room itself was quite large and the bed was very comfortable. I also liked the ceiling fan in the room.

Nice hotel, great size room and very comfortable bed!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

My only complaint was the bathroom was kind of gross, the lighting probably made it look worse than it was. Far away from Ogilvie station which was a bummer.

The bed was incredibly comfortable and I got sleep. The room was a great size. The hotel was a bit old but had character. I would stay here again

Bed very comfortable.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Shower had only medium hot water and very low pressure. Furniture was very well worn and should be replaced. Breakfast was just OK and $10, not a great value.

Bed very comfortable.

The location was very good and the street was quite charming. The staff was very friendly & helpful.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Your site said breakfast was included. It was only offered week days, not weekends. I booked this hotel for location and breakfast. The elevator was very slow. We had to witch rooms because the handicap accessible shower leaked all over the bathroom. There was no guide for the television and some of the channels hummed very loudly. While the hotel was charming, it was in need of some updating. There was peeling paint, etc. the rooms were small.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Excellent location and staff. If your TV makes a strange noise, switch to an HD channel.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The TV in our room made a loud noise. When maintenance was called, he said, "Oh, we get this complaint a lot. You can only watch HD channels. Any other channel causes the TV to make a loud buzzing noise." Why didn't the hotel fix a problem it knew existed? Also, this could have easily been communicated to us through a note near the TV that read, "If you hear a buzzing sound on your TV, switch to an an HD channel." We were unable to enjoy the TV for our stay. Disappointing.

The room was clean and comfortable. The location was excellent. The best part of the stay was the staff... the women at the front desk were extremely friendly, happy and helpful. I'd come back just to see them again :)

ok
    • Deluxe Queen Room

older building though has been updated. elevator very slow. have stayed multiple times and every room always has a sort of smell when first enter which I imagine is from vents. only smell when room as been closed and first enter. imagine could be from bathroom buyt they are very clean so imagine is from vents. also the air conditioning system is a bit loud in every room and adjusting temp to comfortable level is difficult - again older building

staff excellent. very friendly. pillows very large and comfortable. excellent beds

Definitely not a Marriott standard
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I booked and prepaid for 8 night. Due to weather my flight was cancelled. I called the hotel and asked that the room be ready with a walk in shower for the following day after all I had already paid. When I arrived I still had to go through a check in the room had a tub, the receptionist question if I was sure, I asked for the manager still have to hear from her/him I had to wait till 6 PM for a room with a walk in shower that had no fridge. I choose free wifi on the screen of my phone and iPad at check out I was told I had to pay $10 and change for it I refused. Breakfast you had coffee and tea but no lemon not jam for your toast only peanut butter. The croissant were as hard as a rock The room lacked the security latch.

Location only

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Great staff and location!
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Breakfast wasn't everything we wanted (we both got sick, not sure if it was from the breakfast or common flu going around at the time), wish we had a table to eat our carry home dinner at, and a Jacuzzi or tub(Room was fairly expensive already so we didn't upgrade, but assuming price was for location).

The staff was excellent, very helpful and polite. Room design was nice, we had an OK view. Our room was perfect for what we needed. A place on the mag mile so we could come in late, stay, and in the morning go out and do our business.

LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION
    • Deluxe Queen Room

the bathroom was not in perfect conditions

Nice hotel, GREAT location! Very easy to get everywhere just walking. A very safe and nice area. Good restaurants around. Great staff, very kind and helpfull.

hidden champion in the inner city
    • Deluxe Queen Room

This hotel is in the middle of the city and with the ability to get breakfast for 9$/day and dinner in the hotel. In the sorrounding of the hotel you can find a lot of different styled restaurants and also in different price classes. I fell in love with chicago and when i come back next year - I'll definitely stay in this beautiful hotel again. Thanks for this nice holidays!

The doorman went out of his way to be helpful and friendly.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I had to pay extra for a King bed room because the queen I reserved wasn't available. I don't understand why the room I reserved wasn't actually reserved and why I had to pay extra for their mistake.

The doorman went out of his way to be helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

3 night stay in Chicago.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Needs a fridge, aircon should be able to be set for individual preferences, it got hot throughout the night and we couldn't use air con. Very noisy even up on 8th floor, non stop sirens and construction noises heard constantly. Breakfast on Saturday in the adjoining restaurant definitely NOT worth $10.

bed was comfortable. Good location. Roomy. Very easy to get downtown to use the tourist hop on hop off buses. Walk to the Water Tower shopping centre.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Kind staff, great location.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The reception staff was great, both the evening I arrived and the next morning when I departed. Extremely kind, welcoming, and helpful. The stay itself was pleasant and enjoyable. Definitely recommended.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Overall great place to stay
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Wifi wasn't available in the room for free

I like the fact that all members were pleasant throughout my visit helpful and the housekeeping was great

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

I enjoyed my stay very much
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I really enjoyed the comfort of the bed. Also, the location is excellant. Public transportation as well as cabs are easily accessible. I also liked that the hotel was sort of tucked away, near but not located directly on a major street.

Very nice
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The bathroom was a bit old, the shower was leaking and the light was flickering.

The hotel was very nice, the rooms were cozy. The staff were welcoming and the location was perfect for shopping. Would definitely stay again.

Great location, nice vicinity !
    • Deluxe Queen Room

There was not wi fi signal in the room. THe business center too small, no table to take notes and print but it was ok.

The location is perfect, very good restaurant next to the property. Affordable restaurant,good atmosphere.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Great Location - Beautiful View
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The room service. Usually they would come at 10 for few days and then one day the room service was at 8 am! We asked her to come back around 10 but no one came.

Deja at the reception was just amazing. She is so sweet and every time we pass by she would suggest us restaurants etc. she made out stay amazing.

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

Bed very comfy ,lovely hotel ,very central .
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Room could have been warmer

Bed very comfy ,lovely hotel ,very central .Lovely friendly guy on the door and also a young guy on reception vey pleasant with a nice smile and good attitude

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Very comfortable rooms.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

It took 45 minutes for our water to even get warm in the bathroom, ended up having to call maintenance who just shrugged and said "it's an old building." Carpet was frayed and dingy, and the details seemed more dirty-old than quaint-old. Heat was way too high in the room, but only blew directly on the bed. No room service option, I called a few weeks before my reservation to have champagne in the room upon arrival and the man I spoke with laughed and said to call the day of or they would forget- when I did this they said it was a service they didn't provide- surprising for a hotel so highly spoken of.

Very comfortable rooms. Staff was very knowledgeable about the other restaurants and shops in the area. Lovely views.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

All you need if look for just a basic, nice room with a good bed on a good location
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Room was very clean and nice. Personnel very friendly (when I was working in the lobby because of free WiFi the person from the reception came to me and said that I can sit in the restaurant and take a free coffee during breakfast period). Good location. Breakfast was basic, not particularly good but not bad either.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

A sleepless night because of short bed and plan for a Parking. NOT recommended for two person's.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Parking is not available for person's staying in hotel. Only valet parking that is also too costly. I have to pay more then 100$, if I choose to park with them overnight. Bathroom is very old fashioned and dirty. Bed is very very small. Even two person would not be able to sleep comfortably. Room are not voice proof. As My neighbor compared about my kid's noise at 10.00 pm and management guy came to tell me about the same.

Prime location in downtown

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

Will absolutely come back to this hotel and tell all my friends as well.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Fabulous place to stay, amazing restaurant next door, one of the top restaurants in the city, great sports bar as well. Lots of feebee's in the hotel like free happy hour every day! for one hour.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Hidden gem in a great location for a weekend getaway.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Tub drain was clogged and water didn't go down so we stood in dirty water, room looked worn and needed a fresh coat of paint

Comfortable beds, somewhat early check in, Ditkas right in the building for meals which were reasonable, pleasant sitting area with tv on first floor, great location, reasonable price thru Booking.com

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Great place for magnificent Lights Parade
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The wait for checking in. 2 other couples checked in while I was being helped to find a room for myself and my husband.

Wonderful to have a contenental breakfast offered from Ditka's that could be placed straight to the room.