Reviews of The Westin Crown Center Hotel 4 stars

One East Pershing Road, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA

#36 of 86 hotels in Kansas City

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Excellent location for our visit--in 36 hours we went to...
    • Preferred Room

Perhaps the check-in/check-out procedure could have been faster.

Excellent location for our visit--in 36 hours we went to LEGOLAND, Kalaidescope,, shopping, and a Royals game! We would definitely stay here again! Service was exceptional!

Loved it!
    • Traditional Room

My only complaint was my pillow being too soft for my preference.

The front desk supervisor, Kenneth Lowe, upgraded our view and sent us a bottle of wine because we were celebrating our anniversary! The entire staff was great and so was our experience.

Great location with nice rooms and views.
    • Traditional Room

It took a long time to check in and then when we got to our room, it was 2 beds instead of a king, which I had selected. Parking can be crazy as there a lot of people staying here as well as shopping, eating and drinking at Crown Center.

Location is wonderful for going to Union Station or catching the tram to downtown. Rooms are large, clean and attractive. Pool are is nice too.

Awesome location, excellent rooms, great staff, the room service was pricy tho 9.7/10
    • Traditional Room

Once desk agent was rude and condescending. She alligator armed everything and made me reach over the counter for everything...bill, room keys, pen. It turned out to be pretty comical.

Excellent location.

I will not stay here on our next trip to Kansas City.
    • Traditional Room

We had to pay $18 per day for parking. There was no shuttle to the Plaza. There were two bottled waters in the room. However, only one was complimentary. The other one was $1.00! I think the hospitality could be improved for the guests.

Room was clean and comfirtable

One of the best Kansas City hotels to stay in.

I liked everything.

I thought the view was just beautiful of downtown Kansas City. The staff was very polite and friendly. The shuttle took us to several locations nearby so it made it a safe and fun evening. The room was recently remodeled so it was very nice. I would stay there again for sure!

It was very disappointing.
    • Traditional Room

The rooms are over priced. Nothing to wow about. Hated the toilet/bathroom. My room was hot and the toilet and bathroom floors were dirty.

The restaurants and stores. Also the lobby looked very nice.

The pool was outdoor but heated.
    • Traditional Room

We asked for a room with a nice view when booking and the view that was of other parts of the building's roof. It was near the ice skating rink and the music played late and started around 7am. It was very loud.

The pool was outdoor but heated. It was nice activity for March.

It was disappointing and almost cost my life!
    • Traditional Room

We were promised a shuttle pick up from Sprint center.we had prearranged conversations, email and verified again thru check in clerk. I am on part time OXEGEN and full time IV! We were taken to the event dropped off 2 blocks at least away . We did not get picked back up however*We were denied a ride on a Marriott shuttle "for a wedding only" we had to walk or freeze. My 15 yr old my husband and myself.it was a near death experience. My iv pump froze could not breath.. I didn't NOT LIKE THIS AT ALL.

I liked the location to Sprint center.

It was perfect!
    • Traditional Room

Except for the server who was off her stride that day everything else was fantastic

The food was great. The server was a mess the other server covered for ours.

So close to Union Station and the street car.
    • Traditional Room

Not much I didn't like about the property. It was raining hard that day but we never had to go outside. But I guess we can't blame you for the rain.

So close to Union Station and the street car. Being connected to the crown center is great. We love being able to eat in the same building and having a small convenience store.

Great area, mediocre hotel.
    • Traditional Room

The hotel itself was VERY dated - the lobby is great and updated but the rooms are so old. Our room in particular was musty. Feels like I was a little duped - the lobby feels 4 star and the rooms feel 1 star.

The hotel is in a fantastic location - right in the middle of downtown Kansas City, and part of Crown Center - a large eating and shopping center. It's also very close to Union Station and is connected to other areas by an enclosed skyway - very convenient for getting around!

It was overpriced.
    • Traditional Room

The website falsely advertised an airport shuttle. Internet usage was not free. The breakfast I ordered was not very good. The staff would not permit me to check out 30 minutes late even after I had trouble with my room key and lost 30 minutes traveling up and down the elevator to get it fixed. The business center is small and was full when I tried to use it. One plus: the hotel concierge was nice enough to print my file for me.

The location. It was located closely to the meetings that I was attending.

Overpriced room for what you get
    • Preferred Room

Was under the impression the two room beds were queen. Instead we had full size beds which makes it less comfortable for two adults to share. The room fridge was also very noisy. WiFi is not free.

Overall, it was wonderful!
    • Traditional Room

I was told at the front desk that I couldn't get a aaa discount. (Not sure what the policy is) I'd messaged ahead when I made the reservation saying that we would be celebrating my daughter's 13th birthday the day we were there. Not a big deal, but it would've been really great if they'd done something to acknowledge it. I didn't expect it, but it would have been an extra special touch. Charging for use of wifi and $18/day for parking also seemed odd for such a nice hotel. (I had to sign up to be a "Starwood Preferred Guest" in order to have the wifi fee refunded.)

Our room was clean and very comfortable, and the city view was fantastic!!

wonderful service, incredible staff
    • Preferred Room

The price was a bit exclusive. My wife and I would have done much more if we didn't feel priced out. Reduce your prices. It shouldn't cost $70 for a 6 pack of beer in the room

Breakfast was wonderful and the facilities were very clean

Staff was pleasant, view from window nice, but several Crown Center businesses were no longer there.
    • Traditional Room

We had booked a king size bed and when we arrived were given 2 full size. Not the best situation for an anniversary celebration. We were told that no other rooms were available.

while there was some difficulties working out the details of...
    • Preferred Room

Better staff, and respect my rights. I had to wait and send emails back and forth to the property, and booking was doing the same thing. They didn't want to give me my receipt!! but finally after an hour and half they did send it to me.

while there was some difficulties working out the details of my "complicated" transaction, we came to a mutually satisfactory conclusion. when i checked in the staff in from was very helpful, when i checked out there was another girl and she was rude and disrespectful.

Meh.
    • Traditional Room

Our room never cooled below 71*, our room was not serviced every day. The room was not worth the price.

We enjoyed the pool and fitness center. We also enjoyed the bath tub.

Family Road trip
    • Traditional Room

Great location and easy access to multiple attractions. The Link elevated walkways and the attachment to Crown Center make access really nice when it's hot outside. The outdoor pool is set in a beautiful park-like setting on the fifth floor with a nice mix of sun and shade for lounging.

Enjoyable Stay at the Weston Crown Center Hotel
    • Traditional Room

Having to make a U-turn in the driveway when exiting the hotel.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and spacious. Beds were great. We enjoy the mall connected to the hotel. There are several nice restaurants and fun shopping. Easy access to Union Station thru the Skylink.

First impression not the real story.
    • Traditional Room

We were charged 18 to part our own car. We parked in the crown center parking and found out there is no charge for parking on the weekend. (You could return the 18 dollars.) The room was not that great, not 188.00 worth. It is old and not up to the standards the lobby would leave you to believe was coming when you finally got to your room. Crown Center great, hotel not as much. Hope I didn't get charged for anything else.

The lobby and the plants.

Clean rooms with extremely helpful staff within walking distance to everything
    • Traditional Room

Thin walls and you can hear every time your neighbor flushes or turns on the shower.

Every member of staff I encountered was very helpful and met any accommodation we needed without a problem. Very comfortable beds and rooms in general. Very clean.

very expensive room
    • Traditional Room

The daily rate I was charged was exorbitant. Very unhappy about the experience with booking.com comparing my room rate with that of others attending the same event - I paid double what anyone else did.

Overall- great hotel.
    • Traditional Room

The linens. The bed sheets didn't seem as clean as they should have been, and a towel was stained.

The property was wonderful and a great location. The staff, To a person, was helpful and friendly.

Great location, hotel in need of a face-lift.
    • Preferred Room

Barking dog a few doors down. WiFi was incredibly slow. Dial up slow. The hotel appears to be ready for a face-lift, including high speed Internet access. Might be worth a revisit in a year or so.

Location is great. Food and shopping right downstairs. Staff was friendly. Room had a great view.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Only 5 mins walk from the Amtrak railroad station and free...
    • Traditional Room

The wifi didn't work. Strange idea where you pay for the wifi but the cost is deducted from the bill. Sadly I couldnt get the wifi to work and the receptionist stated a new system may be installed soon.

Only 5 mins walk from the Amtrak railroad station and free tram to downtown Fort Worth. The room was clean and tidy and the staff were friendly

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

It was perfect being right there for the holiday festivities.
    • Preferred Room

We booked through booking.com and when we got there they didn't have our reservation...luckily they had extra rooms available.

It was perfect being right there for the holiday festivities...

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Could have been better
    • Traditional Room

Phones did not work, leaky hot water basin faucet, floor lamp switch not work. Very loud noises coming from adjacent room, older model TV. Had to pay $9 per night, if using their WI-fI.

Very impressive lobby with magnificent indoor waterfalls. Good breakfasts and of course the location was great, close to Union Station, The Link, Crown Center, etc.

Happy couple

Pool hours...parking cost

Cleanliness...convenience

It’s a pretty place.
    • Traditional Room

The smell of a blanket is so bad. They didn’t change it from the last customers.

It’s a pretty place. And the restaurant was good.

Very expensive and poor service. Rooms need updated.
    • Traditional Room

Really over priced and out dated hotel. Staff and valet not good. I’m fact unhelpful.

Excellent travel experience.

Have to pay for wifi.

The location was excellent. Within walking distance to free trolley and attractions.

Had to pay a lot for parking and found out I could get a...
    • Traditional Room

Had to pay a lot for parking and found out I could get a better rate if I booked at the Westin's website. Highly disappointed in that!

Fine
    • Traditional Room

The windows were dirty, the grout in the shower was not clean.

It was comfortable

Expensive and felt out of place among the high society folks.

Pillow had stains on it

Kinda too expensive.
    • Traditional Room

Conference rate room reservation period is too short. ICC 2018 conference is a large conference and needs more conference-rate room.

A BIT PRICEY BUT FOR LOCATION OF EVENT IT WAS WORTH IT

NEED BETTER FOOD CHOICES IN THE HOTEL RESTAURANT. LACKING

THE COMFORTER WAS EXTREMELY HEAVY!! HAD TO KICK COVERS OFF GOT TO HOT

The most comfortable bed I've ever slept on.
    • Traditional Room

The most comfortable bed I've ever slept on.

Beautiful hotel with very friendly staff!
    • Traditional Room

The Westin was very clean and beautiful!

HOTEL WAS COLD IN LOBBY AND RESTURANT/BAR
    • Traditional Room

PAID $40.00 EXTRA FOR A CORNER ROOM THAT WE DID NOT GET!!!

Was unable to change the reservation time through booking.
    • Traditional Room

Was unable to change the reservation time through booking.com.

They never came and cleaned our room gave us clean towels or...
    • Traditional Room

They never came and cleaned our room gave us clean towels or took out trash - very poor service

Fun
    • Traditional Room

The Irish festival was fun.

Overall a good time, plenty of kid friendly things within walking distance.

Had to pay for parking

Location was great

The location was great and the restaurant was superb.
    • Preferred Room

The pillows were flat and uncomfortable, but the mattress was great.

The location was great and the restaurant was superb.

It's a perfect Kansas City location.
    • Traditional Room

It's a perfect Kansas City location. Shopping, food, views. You really get a sense of the city here.

Some weird oder from restroom.
    • Traditional Room

Some weird oder from restroom. We had to keep the door shutt

Bed comfortable

Bed comfortable

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

• Preferred Room

I arrived after midnight, and the reception I received was very pleasant.

Trip to LegoLand
    • Traditional Room

That u had to pay for parking in garage

The view

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

there wasn't a free breakfast

there wasn't a free breakfast

Very loud in the room.
    • Traditional Room

Very loud in the room. No plastic bags in trash cans. Dirty carpet.

Great stay, yet again at Westin

No complaints

Pool, friendly staff, bar had excellent drinks and food

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

The food at the Milano was delicious

The food at the Milano was delicious

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

Room service was prompt and staff were friendly
    • Traditional Room

Rooms were made up late during my stay (i.e. room prepared after 3 pm)

Room service was prompt and staff were friendly

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Awesome Hotel!
    • Traditional Room

When checking in they did not have my reservation from booking.com or that I had paid.

Awesome Hotel!

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Would not stay there again!!
    • Traditional Room

Room wasn't cleaned for two days after repeated calls!!!

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Michelle at check-in was terrific. Had wine/cake in our room for my wife's birthday. Nice touch

Everything was exceptional

Everything was exceptional

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

No complaints the room was lovely

No complaints the room was lovely

• Reviewed: 3 March 2017

I truly felt like the wifi should have been free for the...
    • Traditional Room

I truly felt like the wifi should have been free for the amount we paid for the room.

The bed was like a rock and so were the pillows

very clean

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Fun and festive
    • Preferred Room

The view and the ease of parking the car and being close enough to shopping and fun things for the kids!

Inadequate housekeeping staff
    • Traditional Room

Housekeeping understaffed or missed our room two nights out of four

Location was very good

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Nice place very well updated.
    • Traditional Room

The parking garage is attached to hotel but not the best layout.

Nice place very well updated.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Over priced
    • Traditional Room

They didn't come in a clean the room while we were out

BEd was very comfortable and so was the bathroom

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Great view of downtown KC
    • Traditional Room

Had to pay for parking and wifi.

In walking distance of several major attractions and the street car.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2016

They gave us a wonderful view.

They gave us a wonderful view. Staff was very friendly. It is in a great location, connected to crown center shopping. Lots of great restaurants and things to do within walking distance.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2016

Its very convinent to the location of my annual concert

It was loud. The room smelled like smoke. The bed was uncomfortable. It was very expensive for the quality.

Its very convinent to the location of my annual concert

• Reviewed: 16 April 2016

Front desk help was very helpful and professional.

The restaurant facility on site (Brasserie) was subpar in service, food temperature and quality.

Front desk help was very helpful and professional. (Rita)

• Reviewed: 16 February 2016

Needed extra pillows and blanket for spare bed - very quick...

Needed extra pillows and blanket for spare bed - very quick for room delivery; problem with dirty cups - front desk promptly replaced them, then treated us with chocolate strawberries and champagne for Valentines with their apologize!

• Reviewed: 9 February 2016

The room and staff were wonderful.

In order to get the water hot in the room we had to have an engineer come up and run the shower, sink and flush toilet together?

The room and staff were wonderful.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2015

Nothing really.

Not a bad experience, per se, just mediocre. Hotel too large and impersonal. Outdoor pool was not heated as advertised. Received 2 dbl beds rather than a king, which was requested. Ladybugs on the inside of the room's windows.

Nothing really.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2015

the staff was super nice, the beds comfy and the pool was...

rooms were a little dusty and the linens had a couple of crumbs on! Not what you would expect from a 4 star hotel

the staff was super nice, the beds comfy and the pool was great!

There are also 50 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.

Browse The Westin Crown Center Hotel traveller photo gallery