Reviews of Las Palmeras by Hilton Grand Vacations 4 stars

9501 Universal Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32819, USA

#138 of 407 hotels in Orlando

A/C goes dormant at night so it gets a bit stuffy.
    • King Studio

Impossible to add my Hilton points if I didn’t have the account number. Other properties were able to add.

A/C goes dormant at night so it gets a bit stuffy.

Comfortable
    • Two-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

The only thing that ruined our stay is the constant harassment from the concierge to visit for a seminar. On arraive I said I was not interested however the following morning I had received 2 calls waking us up at 7am still trying to get us to the seminar. Very rude we had traveled long haul and to get woken so early was very frustrating. Then we asked to book tickets to SeaWorld they told us we could not buy tickets until we say through a 90min seminar before they will help us. When we again said no thanks they told us buy with them was only $70 but if we did it ourselves it would cost $200.00 this turned out to be a complete lie as we purchased them that afternoon and only paid $70 online. The stay was great but it became close to been ruined with the harassment to do a seminar

Beds are really comfortable, rooms had plenty of space and the shower pressure was good

Beware of the $25 per night "resort fee"
    • King Studio

Beware of the $25 per night "resort fee" which apparently covers Wi-Fi and long-distance calls. Who needs long-distance calls in 2018? And why would something like Wi-Fi (a human right meanwhile?) not be included in the room rate!?

The bed was really comfortable

Awesome

No Complaints

When we asked for help with the heat, they came right away to help solve the problem. We needed an extra blanket there it was. We felt very pampered and everything was super clean. Dinner Downstairs excellent but I would of liked a few more options.

Nice stay!!

Better dinner choices!

It was clean, and updated...great fitness center and pool, staff very attentive, helpful and courteous...like the location near convention center.

a pleseant stay
    • King Studio

no free shuttle to the theme park like other hotels.

The staff is very friendly and check-in and check out process is easy. The kitchen area is a plus.

Loved it! Would go again for sure!
    • Two-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

You could hear noisies easily from upstairs moving furniture etc

Comfy beds/pillows- brand new clean kitchens, just very clean overall. Really great set up

I'll Be back.....
    • King Studio

convenient to my office. Everyone so helpful and nice.Exceptional service even via the texting with concierge for wake up calls......Quick room service for my coffee. Excellent bar staff.... Can't walk to I drive but it was very close.....

Staff very friendly and welcoming without being over the top.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

Staff very friendly and welcoming without being over the top. Nice comfortable room. Good breakfast, if a little expensive. Bar service from Tanya excellent and good quality steak meal.

I had a decent stay at a great facility with lots of potential.
    • King Studio

I stayed for 6 days and the sheets were never changed despite requests made to do so. Showers had a funny smell. The check out time is way too early and check in time is way too late.

Rooms were great. Loved the layout. Mostly clean. Hotel restaurant was great! Great pool and fitness area. Outdoor sitting area/balcony was really nice.

Beds were comfy and the bartender was nice
    • King Studio

Was quoted $119 on booking ended up being $160/night. We get there and you have to pay to park nearly $20. Then charged my card nearly $300 for the stay. We stayed at the rosen shingle creek the night before and it was only $155 and was much nicer and parking was free! Will not return or recommend to anyone.

Beds were comfy and the bartender was nice

Nice hotel in a great location
    • King Suite

If I'm being critical, there was a bit too much light coming through the bedroom curtains at night.

Free Coffee and DVD rentals were a great added bonus. Also the suite was a great size with a massive fridge-freezer

Mini-Vacation Happiness
    • King Studio

For such a massive hotel.... I am disappointed that breakfast is not free to customers who have stayed and spent over $200 or more on a room.

My husband and I came to enjoy the Orlando night life for his birthday this year. The bed was amazing! It is very rare that both my husband and I wake up feeling refreshed. This bed did it for us both!! I wish I knew what kind it was so we could get one for our own home. I would definitely recommend a room at about the 5th floor or higher. We wound up being on the 7th floor with a perfect view of the pool. It was so beautiful at night. The room stayed nice and cool. The bathroom is beautiful. The staff were excellent and super helpful the whole time. The drinks from the hotel bar were very good. We will be back, and will bring a party with us! Great stay! Thanks Las Palmeras

The entire property was great!
    • Two-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

The entire property was great! Our only complaint was the pool bar closing way way way too early, like at 7:00 on both Friday and Saturday nights, and throughout the week. It was closed more than it was open. And we don't mean for alcohol, but for food ordering while enjoying the great pool. As with all hotel prices, they were a bit on the high side, like a $3.00 can of Coke, etc.

I did not know this was not a refundable room so it felt...
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

I did not know this was not a refundable room so it felt very much so like a bait and switch .... I don't want to book through booking . Com. Again ... also I had bugs in my room and there was no offer to move me , compensate me etc

Icast family vacation.
    • King Suite

The kids splash area was out if service when we went to the pool area for maintenance.

It was super clean and the staff was friendly. The accommodation were perfect for my family. We would go back to stay again.

Last Palmeras Orlando
    • King Suite

I would prefer not to receive solicitation calls from the resort vacations group. I would also prefer to have our room serviced each day we stay. We were out all day until 11:30 only to find an unmade bed and towels on the floor ready to be laundered upon our return.

Neat, clean, welcoming environment; nice room and an even better bed. Room Service was reasonably priced, prompt and very well prepared. Fluffy pancakes and fresh berries, just the right touch.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Buissnes trip with a view
    • King Studio

The hotel are preparing a new swimming area. Lots of noise at the time but its soon over.

Perfect staff, kind and help some. Perfect room and great kitchen in the room.

Home away from home
    • King Suite

Kept finding ants in the room, just one or two...here and there.... and the parties by the pool on the weekends (DJ and microphone) were loud enough to wake me up. Not deal breakers for me, but just letting you know. Also, HATE that I kept getting calls to buy into the timeshares there for WEEKS after staying there. Hard sell. SO ANNOYING.

Our Suite was fantastic, full kitchen, private bedroom, all necessities, balcony.... Could just have stayed in there all day. Good for entertaining, even! Pool and hot tub were great, restaurants/ bars were great.

Brilliant ( free wifi bonus! )
    • King Studio

Price of parking but valet staff where fantastic!

Taxi near to international drive with lots of restaurants on there. Rooms where amazing! Loved our stay!

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Customer service was amazing!
    • King Studio

I didn't use any facilities (gym, pool) and wish you could opt out of the $25 fee. Parking was a bit high for self parking.

Customer service was amazing!!! They went above and beyond. Loved free wi if and location was great. Not directly on the main drag so it was quiet but still close. Would recommend for any family or business traveler. Ask for upgraded room though. Some have older bathrooms and no couch.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Awesome Getaway!
    • King Studio

Need ice machines on all floors

Everything was great, the location, the room, that bed was heavenly, the room service was awesome! Will definitely be back

Amazing
    • King Studio

Nothing, don't change a thing

Everything was amazing, room service, the bar and food was amazing!!! Free video rental and poolside bar! Next time I'm in Orlando this would be the only place I will stay..

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Super staff.
    • King Studio

Like most resorts these days, they get you with the extras. $25/day resort fee, $24/day valet parking, $18/day self park. Breakfast buffet $22. Just so you know up front about the costs.

Super staff. Bright, clean property. But...

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Book it! You'll love it!
    • King Studio

A couple of things weren't just right but the staff were so nice and apologetic and compensated me for the inconvenience.

This was a lovely hotel. It is being refurbished and I stayed in one of their recently completed rooms. Very comfy.

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

Excellent across the board.
    • Two-Bedroom King Suite

The gym needs more bikes, weights, etc. No spray bottles to clean the equipment after use! It would be great if the little store on premise had more selection of snacks, etc. The property is quite far from a grocery store if you don't have a car.

Great staff at the restaurant, front desk and concierge. Loved the little perks like free coffees/ bottled water, etc. Room was immaculate and the property is fantastic overall.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

I enjoyed my stay. I don't care for the extra 25 dollar resort fee. Pet fee way too much.
    • Studio with Two Queen Beds

The walls to the bedroom is paper thin. I heard children crying etc.

Jeff and the staff at the front desk was very kind and welcoming. The restaurant staff was super.

• Reviewed: 26 August 2016

Lovely hotel

Property itself great

Great location, nice and clean, facilities where great, pool great, we sat the grand vacations presentation and where impressed, hamza did a great job & we are debating buying this product however his manager was a pushy patronising little jumped up prat who spoke down to us and must of assumed we where beneath him, HE is the only problem putting us off buying the product, that apart great stay

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Staff was amazing, great place to stay!!!
    • Two-Bedroom King Suite

Who wouldnt like a lower price. :D all and all it was so worth it!

the beds were so comfy, the staff was amazing, and the rooms were so clean. I just love this place. This made our trip so nice

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

Not great value for money
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Wifi was inadequate and with a mandatory $25 resort fee I should not have to pay for better wifi. I ordered a white wine at the pool bar and she didn't have any in stock so I had to go inside to the bar each time j wanted a drink meaning I had to get dressed each time to avoid being in the lobby in my bathers. I thought that wasn't a great experience the pool bar wasn't busy so i really didn't understand why the service couldn't be provided.

Room was clean and comfortable

Awesome Hotel
    • King Studio

Big clean rooms, comfortable beds free starbucks coffee! 😍

Better

Good

Good

overall stay was good.
    • King Studio

Seen two or three bugs in my room.

great activities for kids.

I thought for the money you could have given us a free...
    • King Studio

I thought for the money you could have given us a free breakfast, and a break in the room cost for the event at the convention center ( Global Pet)

Staff friendly and helpful

Under construction

Staff friendly and helpful

Short stay, everything went well,

Everything was fine!

Did not have breakfast. Bed was great, I especially liked the pillows!

The rooms were very spacious and clean, great amenities, excellent staff
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Kitchen

Very accommodating staff, easy to communicate with via txt

My stay was a comfortable one, friendly staff, no complaints
    • King Studio

You need a car to get around, no grocery in the walking distance.

My stay was a comfortable one, friendly staff, no complaints

Stay here you’ll enjoy it.
    • King Studio

The bed was a little firm for us.

Staff was extremely friendly and very accessible.

Kitchen has very limited cooking appliances? No kettle? No...
    • Two-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

Kitchen has very limited cooking appliances? No kettle? No frying pan etc.

Restaurant

Resort fee

Restaurant

Very clean

Very clean

Used to stay here when it was a Westin....Hilton and designer did great job renovating the rooms
    • King Studio

sales pitch for time share

clean rooms...excellent housekeeping..

Ok

Dont have restaurant after 11

Bien

Very clean and the staff was excellent.
    • King Studio

Need Uber/taxi if you do not have a car.

Nice rooms and great staff.

Awesome time geeat atmosphere
    • One-Bedroom Suite with Kitchen

The prices on the drinks at the outside bar were high. The valet price was a little high as well.

The staff was excellent. The hotel was very clean.

the location was good and the free rent Movie every day!

non-refudable cancelation!

the location was good and the free rent Movie every day!

everything was good except the door handle was broke and the...
    • Two-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

everything was good except the door handle was broke and the tiolet handle was too but maintence fixed it

Mostly everything
    • King Studio

A few restaurants closer by would be grest

Mostly everything

Great Property
    • Two-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

Pool area was under construction during visit.

Great updated rooms, good food, and nice bar.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

A way from city

Nightmare

Everything else

Dinner

Amazing room and view.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

The breakfast was horrible.

The price and the size of the room.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Very clean and friendly staff.
    • King Studio

The prices were ridiculous. Especially for parking.

Very clean and friendly staff.

Perfect location
    • King Studio

View will be better when construction is finished

Room was very spacious and bed was comfy!

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Otherwise beautiful place .they really gouge you for pool drinks way over priced. pool bartender bad
    • King Studio

did not like the hidden costs parking hotel fees and room taxes;not good.

bed excellent.

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

2 room suite
    • One-Bedroom King Suite with Sofa Bed

Not walking distance to immenities

2 room suite

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

Nice facility but over priced.
    • King Studio

expensive, charged $25.00 a day for internet and 2 bottles of water.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

Beautiful hotel.

Breakfast buffet too expensive

Staff was great & everything was so clean & new

• Reviewed: 26 January 2017

Enjoyed!
    • King Suite

Size of room. Balconey. Location near convention center and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Christmas stay
    • King Studio

There wasn't a big selection of snacks next to the front desk.

The customer service was great. We ordered room service and it was very tasty.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

New renovation
    • King Studio

Parking charges not revealed until after booking. Hilton blamed it on third party booking company

New renovation

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Conveince to convention center
    • King Studio

If people didn't smoke on balconies

Conveince to convention center

Cleanness & staff

Nothing major

Cleanness & staff

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Hilton made up where you lacked to make my stay pleasant.
    • Studio with Two Queen Beds

Book.com's service. Do not plan to use or recommend your service in the future.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Great place if you are there for tradeshows at the Orange County Convention Center.
    • King Studio with Kitchenette

Super fast service, ordered @ the bar and took back to my room.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

Over all, it was a good stay
    • King Studio with Kitchenette

I didn't like having to walk down 9 flights of stairs and hearing an irritating alarm and there was no emergency!

It was just an overall good stay

• Reviewed: 12 May 2016

Unfortunately couldn't walk to any restaurants but...

Unfortunately couldn't walk to any restaurants but peaceful area and very accessible. Didn't like paying for overnight parking. Didn't replace spare loo roll, had to ask!

• Reviewed: 26 April 2016

He hotel was clean and well kept.

Unlike most hotels we stay at everything here is an "additional charge". We thought it was a good deal online until you add 24 for parking space and $25 a day for amenities - which includes Internet/wifi which didn't work - so I could have stayed at a much nicer hotel after all was figured in. I would rather stay at a freaking holiday inn than this place again.

He hotel was clean and well kept.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2016

Rooms are big and beds are comfy.

They didn't clean completely. The bath was clean, but the room wasn't cleaned and organized I I would like. In our 3 day stay first day I received shampoo, second and third none. Had to call front desk.

Rooms are big and beds are comfy.

• Reviewed: 27 March 2016

Beautiful hotel and we were in a king suite and it had a...

Internet was spotty. Breakfast not included and parking was high. Shuttle service did leave as early as universal opened and the earliest pickup was 5, I believe. Not too many activities we were there 7 nights it would if been nice to have different events when we got back to the hotel.

Beautiful hotel and we were in a king suite and it had a nice rain shower and wide doors. Bed was comfortable and it was great to have a kitchen. Cleaning was done well. I also like recycle in rooms and common areas. Pool area was great big pool and towe area and also bar. Big hit tub. Also we got two coffees or water daily. When I had trouble with printer ink was out I recieved a nice fruit tray. Staff was excellent

• Reviewed: 14 March 2016

The staff was very friendly & accommodating when we...

I wish the pool bar had been open, but we had our own cooler so it was cool anyway.

The staff was very friendly & accommodating when we needed extra towels & had questions. Very friendly. We didn't eat in the restaurant, but the bar seemed to be busy earlier in the evening.

• Reviewed: 29 February 2016

Hotel was nice, loved the atmosphere.

Not any dinning within walking distance.the hotel does have an inhouse restaurant but that is the only option.

Hotel was nice, loved the atmosphere.staff was very helpful. Has a really great sitting area outdoors, with comfy couches and gas fire pits to keep you cozy while overlooking the pool.our room had a great view and a nice balcony to sit and enjoy.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2016

Bed was good.

What a terrible experience. I booked this place when it was the Westin because I love the Westin experience. I was disappointed to learn that the property had changed hands. I would've canceled except I had a non refundable reservation through booking.com. The reservation was made for a much higher price than the current rate for this property, and it certainly wasn't worth it. On the day after our arrival, we returned to our room at 5:30 pm to find that it still hadn't been cleaned. On our way out to dinner, I requested housekeeping services, and the man at the front desk gave me attitude about it. We did return to our room to find that the beds had been made. However, there was no bath mat, soap, or cups for water or coffee. The next few days were just as bad. No attention to detail or even basic needs. At the time of checkout, they tried to charge me a $15 dollar resort fee that I had ALREADY paid through booking.com. I showed it to the woman at the desk, and she finally took the charge off my account once I forwarded her my email. I have never been so disappointed in a hotel I paid so much for. We would've been better off at the Days Inn down the street. Like the previous reviewer said... just NO. Spend your money somewhere else.

Bed was good.

There are also 70 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.