Reviews of The Westin Indianapolis 4 stars

241 West Washington Street, Indianapolis, IN 46204, USA

#20 of 129 hotels in Indianapolis

5.9

• Traditional King Room

A/C in the room sucked. It was 95 degrees out and the room would not cool down. We were on motorcycles. They had us park on a sidewalk. The lawn sprinklers soaked my bike all night. I found this the next morning when I went to leave. Made me real happy to see!

• Fountain King Room

It is a little pricey in my opinion but I think many hotels are over priced.

The Westin is our go to place. The White Tea scent that fills the lobby and building throughout is amazing. The beds are the most comfortable beds we've ever slept on. Definitely will stay there again.

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Well, our first room the A/C was broken. The second room the toilet ran all night, it was broken! The bed linens smelled like wet dog and I sprayed and sprayed them all and it still didn’t help. The hot tub wasn’t working and the pool liner needs to be redone it felt gross touching the bottom with the lumps and bumps.

The location was nice. Downtown is wonderful in Indianapolis.

Overpriced breakfast.

I understand that this was a "special rate" for Indy 500 weekend but for $400+ I expected more from Westin. Nothing but basic stuff in bath, instead of Fountain view we got a nice view of huge air conditioners in the back.

• Executive Club Floor Double Room with Two Double Beds

The facility was a bit run down. The faucets in the shower came out of the wall. The water pressure was poor. The bathroom was very small. The gym and rm fridge were also a bit run down. Several of the gym machines made loud noises when operating. I think the worst performer was the Don Shulla restaurant. The waiter outright told us not to order the seafood. The cajun tenderloin appetizers were burned and uneatable. I found a paper cap top in my crab cake - we were not charged. At another meal, my colleague later found a hair in his omelet as soon as it arrived - we were not charged, but we also stopped eating there. NOT WORTH $321 night. Marriott #085209591

I thought that the hotel staff was very attentive, friendly and helpful - probably the strongest element of the overall hotel operations. Marriott #085209591

• Fountain View Double Room with Two Double Beds

I purchased a room with a king and was given two doubles. Our room service only came with one set of silverware and water, even though we specified there were two of us, and checking in was very challenging. Not good value for the money. Very disappointed.

• Executive Club Floor Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bathroom toilet seat was worn, several scratches and scrapes. It should have been replaced. Also, valet parking was expensive. We stayed the weekend and paid $90 (not including tip) for Friday evening to Sunday morning. A weekend package for cars parked without moving vehicle should be considered.

The bed was very comfy. I also enjoyed the quiet atmosphere...no noise from the halls nor bedroom next door to us.

• Fountain King Room

I didn’t like that it was $11.95 to hook up to WiFi, even the cheaper hotels let you get it for nothing.

The hotel was very clean and anything you really want is close by. You can also walk the covered bridge to get to the mall or to your car when you are ready to leave. Really enjoyed it!

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

What they didn't tell me when booking the room, you have to pay $45 for valet parking or $40 to park your car. Then they take $50 from your credit card for any damage to the room, and you don't get that credit back for 7 days!! Bring lots of extra cash with you, the food and drinks are expensive and you have to pay $11.95 for their WiFi.

It was beautiful inside the lobby and smelled very clean.

• Traditional King Room

We wanted to use the pool, after being outside all day at a track meet in the warm sun, but couldn’t . They decided to clean the pool at 9pm. Don’t understand why they couldn’t wait til 11 when pool hours were over. All we were told was that it would be ready in the morning to use. Parking was expensive! Should be included in hotel price.

We could walk to every place we wanted to see.

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Too expensive for little room and bathroom! Then they charge extra 45 for parking after the gentleman at the facility said it was free !!

They had a starbucks

• Fountain View Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bath tub in my room had someone else’s hair in it and the Jacuzzi/ hot tub had way to much chlorine

It was in a great location, staff was super friendly, and I loved the exercise room and pool

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bed wasn’t the best but definitely not the worst!

We have stayed here twice and each time is amazing!!! This will be our preferred hotel each time we stay in Indy!!!

• Traditional King Room

The view could have been better but that comes with hotels sometimes, also the parking fees were really high and even with a discount still could have been better or even free for hotel guests.

I really liked the room set up, even though it was a one bed room. Others I’ve stayed in felt cramped but the traditional king room at the Westin was very spacious. Customer service was fast and very friendly.

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was a bit pricey and further from th mall and reatraints compared to the Hyatt.

I love the smell when you walk into any Westin. It smells releaxing and clean. I would say compared to other Westin locations, this one is a bit older. The gym and pool were fantastic. Too expensive for a quick family trip again.

• Traditional King Room

The pillows were very squishy and completely deflated when you laid your head on them. It didn’t matter how many I used, they still could not support my neck. The fridge was tiny and there was no microwave.

The shower has fantastic water pressure and a wide shower head. The bedding was very fluffy and easy to be cozy in. Free bottles of water were a dial away. The room was very quiet and the couch was comfortable.

• Traditional King Room

I feel the cost of the room could have been a better. deal. We frequently stay downtown for these volleyball tourneys. We generally pay $200 a night, or considerably less. Our room for three nights was over $900. We also valet park, and the Westin charges 45 dollars a day for that. I think a hotel of this caliber should include breakfast with their rooms, and include a microwave in the room. Getting a staff member to help microwave something for us (their alternative) just isn't for me. It's too inconvenient. So we did not eat dinner at Shula's because we didn't want to deal with trying to heat up leftovers. The only other thing that would have been nice would have been to leave more coffee creamers in the room. I left a note, that was most likely misunderstood because we ended up with extra soaps. Reolution: I traded the soaps for creamers with a maid in the hallway.

I liked the comfort of the bed and pillows. A firm bed is a necessity for us. Although the bathroom is small and I prefer bathroooms with the vanity separated from the shower, I loved the rainfall shower head, and the hand held wand was great for washing my hair. Being a person who wears contacts, I truly appreciated the magnified mirror. Awesome convenience for putting in my contacts! The TV was very nice, and offering of free wifi to us was great. My husband and I found the staff to be top notch....extremely nice and helpful. We felt the room was sufficient and comfortable as well.

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Menu for in room dining was poor And the quality of food was average The cost of parking was extremely high very unhappy about that rip off

Location was quite good The cleanliness and quality of the hotel was quite good

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

That the site said parking provided when you have to pay $40 for one day of parking

We were given complimentary WiFi when there was a misunderstanding about parking.

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parking and the pool was out of order for most of the two days we we're there

Although we had a long drive to Indiana we felt very comfortable. I must say be prepared to pay 42.00 per day for there parking! I didn't like this. But the staff was very resourceful and was able to suggest an alternative

The price of parking

Hotel was great and clean and very upscale! Staff were excellent and friendly and very helpful! Room was amazing and comfortable and view was amazing! One of my best stays at a hotel to date!

• Executive Club Floor King Room

I wish the hours for the pool and Jacuzzi were extended. After a long day of traveling and eating a late dinner, it would have been nice to get to enjoy the facilities later in the evening.

The bed was extremely comfortable. The best part of the stay was the skywalk access to the mall and nearby restaurants. It was raining during our stay, so this was a perfect way to get to Ruth's Chris without having to take our car out of valet.

• Fountain View Double Room with Two Double Beds

We missed the parking garage the first time. It could use better signage. Also not a fan of not being able to come and go from the lot.

The room was very nice. We liked the connection to the mall. Check in was very easy.

• Traditional King Room

We left to attend an event at 8:00 pm. Had to pay $38.00. Returned at 2:00 am. Left at 11:00 to return home and had to pay $38.00 again. If nothing else I learned a lot about parking.

Very friendly helpful and friendly staff. Beds were very comfortable!

• Fountain King Room

Because they allowed early check in, we didn’t get a king bed. But they made an adjustment so I am satisfied.

The staff is exceptional! They went out of the way to be helpful in Shula’s as well as st the front desk. We will return!

• Executive Club Floor King Room

Paid a lot for the room, then parking, and more for breakfast which should have been included. All in all it was way to pricey and the hotel had roaches. Never again.

• Traditional King Room

The hotel rates were good but it’s worth mentioning it’s a whopping $40 to park overnight!

Clean room. Didn’t do much just slept so can’t say much about anything.

• King Plaza Suite

There were some holes in the walls and closets and some broken equipment (refrigerator, deadbolt, towel hangers)

Rooms were clean, aside from the broken items. The gym and pool were nice.

• Traditional King Room

We paid for a king room but were told upon arrival that the only rooms available had 2 double sized beds. We were told that because we booked through a third party, there was no way to be compensated for this error.

Great location and friendly staff

• Traditional King Room

Maybe a brochure of in room spa treatments available. Other than that, not suggestions.

The bed was firm, bed not like a rock; just perfect. The sheets, towels and robe were so soft. The blankets were soft to the touch, but felt weighted so they kept you warm. I didn’t want to leave the bed. The shower was like taking a shower in the rainforest. It made me feel like a princess!! And we were on our honeymoon!! The staff was attentive and friendly. I never want to stay anywhere else.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Called operator for bell man,man never showed, i took 3 trips to get bags down, no carts, elevator slow, made me late for funeral. Bell man said they were never notified.

Actually hotel very nice, one bad incident, see below, thats why low rated.

• Traditional King Room

It would have been nice to have been able to get a complimentary breakfast (just coffee and muffins, even) at the hotel. We had to leave the lovely hotel to get something to eat.

The check in staff was very friendly. The valet service was terrific.

• Executive Club Floor King Room

Had to use a public parking garage because the hotel had no spaces? Valet or garage?? How does that happen?

Great location for what we were attending, staff was very courteous.

• Executive Club Floor King Room

The cost of the room for what I got. $488 for a studio is insane. I get a bigger room with Holiday Inn Express and better than half the cost. You made it sound as if it was something spectacular and there was no room to move around with 2 people. I went with my brother so I expected the hideaway bed. But seriously there was barely room for it. Also, having rooms that close to the elevator is not a good design idea. I know you cannot change that but you can hear the elevator running all night long.

Easy access to the stadium. Overall i think the hotel is nice. The staff were all very nice. Smiled and offered help with anything I needed

• Traditional King Room

That we didn't get to stay longer...ha...

Great atmosphere, the wonderful smell from the vents the pump in was awesome and our check in was really smooth. The bath facilities we're incredible and the shower was awesome. The bed was very comfortable and having 5-6 pillows was great. We had an excellent stay and will definitely look to stay there again in the future.

• Fountain King Room

My confirmed KING bed room was moved to TWO beds without explanation or an offer of compensation. As the price of the room was already grossly inflated because of a citywide event, compensation for my inconvenience would have been a fair response.

• Traditional King Room

I didn't like the $45 cost for parking, although I can't really complain as it was properly disclosed. Had I truly had enough of a gripe, I could've made a reservation elsewhere. Also, small complaint I was in my room late at night. I woke up, parched, and wanted a beverage. I went to multiple vending machines, only to find that it wouldn't accept my debit card... cool. I had to go down to the FD to get change, come back up to my 12th floor room only to find that the machine on my floor won't accept the bills. Had to go to another floor to get a pop. I feel like they are making it purposefully inconvenient, in hopes that you use room service

Locating was ideal as my lady and I were in town to celebrate my birthday by taking in a football game between my favorite team the SF 49era and the Indianapolis Colts. The restaurant was AMAZING! Crab cakes as well as the KC strip are very highly recommended, as is Michael who was our server. The property itself is beautiful. I liked the additional services massage, etc.

• Traditional King Room

Bathroom was small and old

I stayed 4 nights at Westin for a business convention. Bed was extra comfy and Room was very quiet, which are the 2 most important things I expect when travelling for business. Staff was nice and helpful. The bridge between the Westin and the ICC is very convenient. Perfect location in the Indianapolis walkable downtown

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

$45 to park car, very small room, extra small bathroom, very dirty room, lady knocked on my door at 9 am just to see if I was there that woke me up and didn't need to even check out until noon. I told these things to the teller at check out ,all she said was "sorry, I'll tell managment"

Starbucks

• King Plaza Suite

There was someone's take out left in the fridge in our room and there was also take out on the floor by the vending machine but the one in the room was hidden in the back and so was the other. Other than that things were excellent!

Loved that you made it extra special for my boyfriend's birthday. We stayed there after the U2 concert. He was super happy. Thank you!

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Guest parking is $40 day.

Group of 10 stayed at Westin, Indy to attend UofL game at Lucas Oil Stadium. Easy walking convenience to game, stores, and great food choices. Our room was spotless, bed very comfy. Staff were all very polite and helpful. Concierge provided much needed assistance! Pricey parking at $40 day was only disappointment.

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parking was very expensive It took 30 min to check in cause the battery to our door lock was dead and wouldn't open, we waited for them to fix it , it was midnight. Maid was rude first morning, knocked we said can you come back? In a bit, we were getting dressed. She said NO. 5 o'clock that day no maid service, we had to call and ask for service.

Having to call my reservation agent at the front desk prior to finally getting my room!!! My husband and I call our agent twice to make sure our reservation was set! I don't expect to have my reservation guestioned as I'm trying to get my room. You tell me what the problem is!!!

Nice bed!

• Fountain View Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pool was not good for families of small children. No shallow end. I had trouble getting in and out of the pool because the steps on the ladder were small and grooved. The chair aid would have been used but it was not working. Would go down but not back up. Using the pool was a big part of our weekend plans. We only got in once

Staff friendly and very helpful

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Not worth the cost. Could hear others after 11:00PM. Hard to get to sleep. Gift shop personnel took a lot of breaks and not friendly.

The staff was very nice.

No complaints.

The location was perfect; we were able to walk to our venue & the restaurant our friends had selected. Beds were comfortable, the room was quiet, and the drapes provided complete darkness for a very rare opportunity to sleep late. Valet & staff were outstanding.

• Fountain King Room

I asked for a single king with a fountain view. While we faced the fountain we had no view at all as all we could see was the inside of the atrium windows. The room was also incredibly small, but the bed was comfortable and the room was very clean.

The staff was amazing and helpful. The hotel had wonderful amenities too. The valets were especially helpful by letting us keep our car in front while we took our bags up.

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parking was too expensive. No amenities like breakfast or coffee or a parking voucher was provided.

They had everything at your fingertips. You did not need your car.

See above

At Shulas the breakfast could've been better . The staff sitter us all too close together and we had personal business to discuss. Kind of disappointed about that.

• Executive Club Floor King Room

Information from Booking.com was inaccurate, especially the description about amenities.

The bed was heavenly, as was the shower, which felt like rain. The shampoo, conditioner, and lotion was refreshing and luxurious.

• Fountain View Double Room with Two Double Beds

The parking attendant took a very long time to come to my aid. I tried paying my parking ticket but the machine kept on giving me an error so I press the "call attendant" button at least 10 times over a period of 15-20 minutes because no one would come.

Property is connected to the convention center which was a plus since my son was attending a tournament there. The second day of our stay it rained very hard the entire day so it was very convenience to walk to the convention center via the skywalk tunnel. Great location, right in the center of the downtown. Very clean, excellent design/décor. Restaurant has great food, specially the chocolate cake but its very expensive. Everyone in the hotel was super friendly and helpful.

• Fountain View Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parking is expensive. Expect around $40/night. Or try the City Centre Mall parking for about $20/night. It's all pretty premium downtown. All underground parking though. The pool is small.

Skywalks are amazing. They connect you all around downtown. And the hotel is close to entertainment, restaurants and across the street from the convention center.

• Fountain King Room

Parking was $40 self serve or valet for &45. Little pricey and would have been nice to know ahead of time.

Beds were very comfortable and room seemed to be pretty clean.

• Traditional King Room

Room really need a microwave. Valet parking was $46 per night, parking in the adjacent garage was half the price.

Repeat customer, have been going to this hotel for years and always have a good stay. Bed and pillows were very comfortable. Convenient outlets and desk for electronics. Easy access to sky-walk to convention center and Circle Center mall. Plenty of restaurant options in walking distance.

• Fountain View Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parking but I guess it's to be expected in a large city. You have to pay to park but if you look around,. Cheap parking can be found close by.

The location was great for our needs.close by mall and downtown.

• Fountain King Room

it tool all day for the sink to drain and it eft sccum.. the hot water was cold and the cold water waw colder. maintinance was called and we were told the people next door hjad the same problem and the pipes were crossed hmmmml. never again never

the bed and the linen

• Traditional King Room

a bug in our room, a/c not working in next room, and higher up staff was not friendly or helpful.

room was spacious and has nice towels and robes, beds are very comfy

• Fountain King Room

When I originally made the reservation I included a note that we would be in Indianapolis for my daughters wedding and asked if it would be possible to get into our room before 3pm because the wedding was starting at 4pm. We arrived at the hotel between 1 and 1:30 pm and were told no rooms were available and probably wouldn't be before 3pm. Again I mentioned to the young lady that we really needed to be in our room before then if at all possible and explained the timing of my daughter's wedding. She basically didn't appear to care or willing to see if she could help us get in the room before then although she did say she would call as soon as our room was ready. My wife and I went out to get something to eat and received a call from the Westin at approximately 2:48 pm telling us the room was ready. I told the lady we would be there in 10 minutes. When we got to the room a different young lady waited on us. She charged my credit card and gave me the room badges for room 425. We went to that room and it was all stripped down and no where close to being ready. By that time it was around 3:10pm. We wound up having to go to my daughter's airbnb condo to change clothes and get ready there instead. Needless to say I am extremely disappointed in the handling of the whole situation. I can't image recommending the Westin to anyone or booking a room there again unless it was an emergency. Truthfully I believe the Westin should give me a credit for the room cost. Obviously I am extremely disappointed in the whole experience.

The bed was comfortable. Bathroom was nice

• Traditional King Room

Just another money hungry hotel. Service did not stand out and the guys out front are too aggressive and disingenuous. Maybe get them some clothes from the hotel that fit them.

Quite

• Fountain King Room

Upon walking into the lobby there is an overpowering scent that is purposefully used in the hotel. It was so strong that is made it difficult to breathe and made both my wife and myself feel lightheaded. The service was a bit lacking as the pool towels ran out and were not replenished and it took a while for use to get a fan brought up to the room, as it was pretty hot in the room even with the AC on the coolest setting.

The skywalk to the convention center and mall is convenient and the property is located right across the street from the capitol building.

• Traditional King Room

No airport shuttle. Public transportation was a little sketchy. I would have been very uncomfortable traveling alone.

The convenient location to historic downtown Indianapolis. Great comfortable bed. Nice shower. Big, spacious room.

• Fountain View Double Room with Two Double Beds

I began process with booking.com and cancelled all those reservations. That process was very difficult. I rebooked everything through your reservation service which was a much better experience!

Staff was excellent at every touchpoint.

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

There were a few loud guests that kept me up through the night. I didn't complain because it isn't necessarily the hotel's fault. Also, after we flushed the toilet there was a high pitched sound everytime. It was annoying, but not a huge deal.

The location is amazing and the price was good for us. The front desk staff was pleasant and kind. Check in and out was a breeze.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

• Executive Club Floor King Room

The scrambled eggs were a bit too dry and the turkey sausage served one morning was terrible.

Was impressed with the service when I found I had left my prescription sunglasses in the room. I called the hotel when I arrived at the airport, and while I was waiting for my plane, security had retrieve the glasses and would send them via Fed Ex. Three days later, the glasses arrived. Now, that is good service! Also, was misinformed on check in as to the cut off time for breakfast, and when I arrived after breakfast had closed, the matre d , graciously fixed two plates, which I took to our room.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

• Executive Club Floor King Room

There are no vents in the bathrooms and the bathrooms are very small.

Bed was super comfy, great coffee maker and fridge in the room. Being connected to the convention center made getting to the comic con very convenient.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

• Traditional King Room

Parking was $40/night. It was a little outrageous.

The hotel restaurant, Shula's. It's expensive but well appointed. Didn't eat there, but they have a good cocktail hour.

• King Plaza Suite

I didn't like that. Housekeeping just. Opened our. Door @9am and came right on in we had to send her back out we all were still in bed they. Should. Check to see who. Has checked out first

Family friendly everyone was very nice.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

This IS NOT a family hotel. $45 to valet!! Don't want to valet? Still $40 to park your car and every time you get it out they charge you ($30-40)!! And the valet didn't even help us with our bags (I was by myself with 2- 9 year old boys). I was not comfortable walking downtown Indy by myself with two children to get food (The hotel staff refused to help us find somewhere we could order out) So we ordered room service ...Room service was $80 for myself and 2 - 9 year olds (that they wouldn't eat because the foor was gross - I did not eat mine either)!!!!! They added 22% gratuity to our order, a delivery fee and tax which equalled almost as much as our food order. The staff did not explain that we had to use our key cards to get off on our floor - the kids thought we were stuck on the elevator! We got late check out so the boys could swim but our key cards quit working and we could not get into the pool. Instead of just letting us in the staff kept giving us different key cards or resetting them - mind you every time they did not work we had to go from the pool on the 3rd floor to the hotel lobby on the first floor. They don't have a breakfast as stated. We got cinnamon rolls from Starbucks for $9 a piece. There are no vending machines close by - only on certain floors which you can not get to unless you room on that floor. This was supposed to be a quick fun kids trip for my son and his cousin but because of this hotel we cut our trip/activities short. We have stayed at a lot of hotels and this was by far our worst experience.

The rooms and the hotel itself was very clean. Safe atmosphere

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Booked two rooms with double beds one room we only got a king size bed and a pull out bed. For 1200 dollars we should have received he rooms we booked. We were told because we didn't book with them direct we were stuck with what they gave us.

Convient location

• Fountain King Room

Booked a fountain view room and didn't get it. I could pick a check in time and it was between 100pm and 200pm when we arrived I wasent allowed to check in till 3

The bed was very comfortable. Staff was polite.

• Fountain King Room

The check in process was very slow and the management was not prepared for the volume of people they had on hand.

Service staff was top notch and always willing to help!

• Fountain View Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was to include a sofa, it did not. Asked for a cot, was not provided one as the clerk stated there would not be enough room with the sofa in the room (but again, no sofa).

• Traditional King Room

I can't say we didn't like this because it really wasn't a bother but yes as some reviews say the bathrooms are small. The only actual complaint we had was our tub wasn't draining right and we were standing in water while taking a shower !

We stayed at the Westin for our 8th Anniversary and all I can say is WOW!! The staff was amazing!! We went up to our room and had a knock at our door and the hotel front desk sent us a bottle of wine and a card!!! That was so sweet of them to do. Then left went shopping and came back to a plate of chocolate covered strawberries!!! They definitely took care of us there and we will fornsure be back!!! Thank you for the wonderful stay and for making our Anniversary trip a great one!!!!

• Fountain King Room

The bathroom was small, I was only provided one robe for 2 adults, I requested chocolates on the pillow and was not supplied with them. The price was high for the accommodations.

The bed was super comfortable.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2017

• Executive Club Floor King Room

On our arrival we were met by a valet attempting to "talk us out of" using the facility parking in lieu of walking 2 blocks at 9:30 pm in a strange city. Following check-in we opened the door to our room and found an unserviced room. In response, the front desk supplied a note with the new room keys which made it seem as tough I was being unreasonable for expecting a bed with clean linens and towels in the bathroom which weren't on the floor following use by someone else. The hotel itself is lacking the cleanliness and attention to detail that one would expect from this caliber of hotel franchise. The carpets in our suite were stained with an unusually disturbing pattern that was either human blood or deep red wine. Again, for the averaging traveler I would guess a reasonable expectation from this type of hotel would be a clean, comfortable room with all the supporting amenities is order...just my observations.

This hotel is in a prime location, well with walking distance to most downtown locations.

Browse The Westin Indianapolis traveller photo gallery