Reviews of The Westin Jersey City Newport 4 stars

479 Washington Boulevard, Jersey City, NJ 07310 , USA

#13 of 75 hotels in Jersey City

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Simply Outstanding!!!

Perhaps the internet could have been free of charge.

The staff flexibility for check-in and holding my baggage. The quality of the room, the bathroom and most interestingly, the cleaning staff. It was all simply WORLD CLASS!

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Awsome place to stay in a place near NY.

None.

Awsome place to stay in a place near NY. Very safe neighborhood near the Path. Have several supermarkets and shopping malls nearby. I would definitely recommend it!

Best Hotel In Jersey City

Everything is perfect.

The best place I've ever stayed in, the view from the Newport king room was excellent if I can I would give it 100/100. I'll absolutely go back there, best staff, best place ever.

Luxury, and Beauty! A perfect stay..
    • Premium Newport King Room

The room was beautiful, luxurious, and expensive! It was well worth the money for a luxury! The bed was perfect, and the bedding was heavenly. The soaking tub was my favorite, and the view was like no other! let's put it this way.. I could get used to this life. My sister, and I take a special trip every year, and we always spend one night in a beautiful hotel.. this was our best one so far!!

Great experience, really enjoyed my stay.
    • Traditional King Room

The pool pictures are slightly misgiving, meaning they are not as big as the pictures make them seem. Still a very nice pool though.

It exceeded my expectations on room cleanliness as well as just the way the hotel smelled was awesome. Great place to lay back and enjoy time off.

Swimming pool on site
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Having to pay 100 dollars for 4 days parking. Travelling with wife and 2 teenage sons only having 2 double beds. Could have done with either 2 queen or king size or one double, queen or king and then 2 singles. 3 separate beds would have been far more preferable.

Swimming pool on site

Absolutely beautiful 4th of July celebration with friends
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

A coffee station would have been great

I really enjoyed the Hotel and the friendly staff as well !! I highly recommend this Hotel to anyone who is looking for a great location as well as a clean and friendly place to stay in the city.. The view was absolutely breath taking and perfect view to NYC

For me, the ideal spot for visiting New York, particularly if using Newark Airport
    • Traditional King Room

I can’t find anything to be critical about.

The hotel offers everything you expect from a modern city hotel and its location makes it ideal for visiting New York. Close to Newport Mall and Hobokem, the transport links are great and the views from the Riverwalk are a bonus

Great hotel, great location and close to the metro to go to NYC
    • Traditional King Room

There is no parking included, coming from Canada having to pay $48 USD for parking was ridiculous, I may as well have stayed downtown at a hotel and pay the same in another parking lot. You should provide free parking to your guests!

The bed was very comfortable, room was clean.

The Staff and our room 5 stars
    • Traditional King Room

The cost for parking was somewhat high yet the lot in which I parked my pickup was covered and secure.

The room had more than enough amenities for my Wife and I. The cost was exceptable considering the location of the hotel.

Recommendable

Nothing to lament about. I would book again once in Jersey City

Very nice location and friendly staff. I had a spacious room and was very satisfied. There is a small shop on the ground floor offering snacks, beverage and toilet articles. Quite nice.

The location is great.
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Rude cart boy. When I asked ‘May I borrow the luggage cart’, he told me ‘No I need to use it’ even if there is no other customers. He didn’t even ask me whether I need help. For the room, they provided used shampoo in the first day. There was only one third left in the shampoo and I didn’t know who used it. On the second day, they even didn’t provide shampoo or conditioner. This wasn’t what I expected from Westin.

The location is great. Only 3-min walk to the path station.

Good location differential experiences with staff
    • Traditional King Room

We had poor concierge service not helping with doors ( had a very young baby), also very unhelpful on directions ( in fact gave us wrong directions). No towels in the pool on the morning of morning of 20th May The breakfast was limited and very poorly displayed One Exception to everything above, Front of house receptionist MaryLisa I think was her name, was SUPERB. She was extremely helpful in scanning docs for us and couldn’t do enough.

Comfortable and clean and warm and inviting Stay with a nice view.
    • Premium Newport King Room

One of the staff memebers gave a face when my partner asked what floor the pool was on because clearly it was stated in the elevator but we were not paying attention so that made us feel awkward .. other than that everything was fantastic

I loved how I told the staff through booking .com that it was my partners 21st and I wanted to make it special and they gave us cake pops and a card and sparking water, the water was left in the mini bar but the pops were Delightful and super nice of them and I appreciated that a Lot

Very value in Westin Hotel
    • Traditional King Room

some room are bit small.

Excellent location. We can be easy to get the Path train station and to go to NYC. Excellent bar, fitness room and restaurant lunge. Very friendly staffs too.

Great!
    • Traditional King Room

We had such a wonderful weekend taking the ferry to Liberty Island and the PATH to NYC, that we cancelled our long island hotel and returned to the Westin in Jersey City, Newport area the following weekend (2 weekends in a row). Much fun, comfort and convenience into the City!

Bed was comfy;
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

With 4 people (2 adults & 2 teens)...it was too hot in the room. Temperature & fan controls were locked (65 degrees was lowest setting but room never got that cold). Called Front Desk/Maintenance for help but just said it was working fine.

Bed was comfy; bathroom was spacious; liked how you needed to add your key card to access elevator; & location is close to public transportation & local shopping/dining options.

Would not recommended
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was very costly. The rooms were not as nice as advertised and certainly not as nice as what they should be, for as much as they cost. Very small room. 2 full size beds. There are no city views (as advertised) that I noticed, at least not from the 7th floor and below. Possibly if you were on a very high floor, which costs even more. The staff were indifferent unless dealing with high end customers. The hot tub was not hot and was filled with foam, like taking a bubble bath.

It was clean.

Despite the manager it was amazing
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

I received a phone call from the manager about not having parties in the room when I m not sure what would give her the idea that I was. I had 3 rooms for myself and my 12 year old daughter and her friends. We didn't play music, make any noise or do anything that would give the assumption that a party was taking place. I felt racially profiled but decided not to let that ruin my daughters birthday. However it was clear what the manager was trying to insinuate.

I love the ambiance of the hotel. The hotel really is in a great location and the experience from the front desk representative was impeccable.

Everyone was very pleasant and engaging. Nate's genuine hospitality stood out!

Everything was fabulous!

Breakfast selections were great! I wish the bar menu had more kid-friendly choices as we were not looking for a formal sit down experience in the restaurant.

The Westin is a very warm home away from home stay
    • Traditional King Room

I didn’t like that we had to pay for parking, I don’t think that the guest should be paying for parking. The staff over booked my room. Myself and a flight attendant happen to walk in the same room. Very awkward, then my room key was deactivated due to this. But they credited me for that night so it was fine

My room was amazing, I really loved the view of the city from the 9th floor. I had a bump in the road the first night. But the manger corrected that mistake by giving a discount for the one night

Overall I enjoyed my stay at the Westin but would have liked more amenities.
    • Traditional King Room

There are no vending machines on the floors. I needed a ginger ale and had to pay $4 for a single glass of ginger ale from the bar because the onsite gift shop was closed at the time I checked in. The wifi was only free in the lobby which was terribly inconvenient. It would also have been nice if there were a complimentary continental breakfast with fresh coffee and pastries. The hotel should also do well to offer airport shuttles.

The bed was super comfortable, and the room service (breakfast and dinner) were excellent. I also enjoyed the gym and will take advantage of the indoor pool on my next visit.

Comfortable if you are a adult alone or couple. Not
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

A fee for a microwave Staff will heat up food but after first plate it was $5 a plate Beds were too small for 4 people in a room, thought it would be 2 queens ended up being 2 full beds. I inquired about a rollaway was told it was $32 a night even if we did decide to get it the room is not that spacious.

Pool was great as well as the hot tub Wonderful shower head Bed was comfortable

Comfortable beds
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Internet remains slow There was no super bowl on the channels upstairs I wasn’t allowed to see the game at the bar because I was eating my own food

Comfortable beds

I like the whole experience there.

The fact that I had to pay for WiFi

I like the whole experience there. Staff was very nice, it was clean, great size room, and the house keepers were extremely friendly. The only issue I have is that I had to pay for the wifi usage. Overall it was a great experience..

Awesome
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Not sure if bed was too soft for me. I had the worse back pain ever which started the first morning after waking and got progressively worse over course of stay. Of course I walked a lot as we were site seeing New York City. So not sure it was the whole problem. My pain has eased up while at home and my bed is stiifer than the hotel.

We very much enjoyed our stay. Everything was great overall.

We quite enjoyed the stay. Would definitely return and recommend.
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Neighboring room had smokers and lots of smoke smell came through vents in our last day.

Staff at both Restaurants were very helpful pleasant and approachable.Beds were comfy and traditional double room was lovely. Front desk staff and front door men were very helpful patient pleasant and kind.

Good but could've been AWESOME!
    • Traditional King Room

Did not cater for clients like me who do not use credit card. They almost turn me away because I didn't have a credit card. Secondly the buffet breakfast had very limited options for such a great hotel

The location and quality of amenities were excellent.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Do not hesitate! You will like it

Prices in the restaurant were high. The breakfast is pure. But it doesn’t influence on our stay here. As there are a lot of restaurants near the hotel.

The room is big, quiet and clean. I liked everything in this hotel. Easy to get to sightseeings. And the price is much better than on Manhattan.

Loved it- will come back!
    • Traditional King Room

The breakfast service was quite slow

The bartender at the bar in the lobby is wonderful: he makes the best martinis! The location is very convenient, just a 2-minute walk from PATH. The management is very accommodating and nice.

Location was good for us.
    • Traditional King Room

The policy of controlling waste and limiting service is admirable but we did not get toiletries filled during our whole stay. The cleaning staff did not even replace used glasses from the bar and bathroom. They did not remove the dirty glasses or trash during the whole stay. They did not give us clean bags for ice and left melted ice water in bucket. They only fixed the bed and left clean towels. And we left a nice tip each day.

Patrick at the front desk was helpful and pleasant. Room service was good.

Pleasant enough but got tired of same breakfast buffet. Don't get stuck near VB3 or you won't sleep!
    • Traditional King Room

Saturday night we were up beyond 2 am due to being located directly across from a loud nightclub called VB3 and it was so late and all they could offer was ear plugs and my husband wanted to move but I didn't want to pack up all our belongings which were in drawers and strewn around room. I asked them to just give him a bed for the night in another room but they COULDN'T DO that. I doubt they were going to book that room at 2 am so it would have made my night better. No offer to reduce rate for that one night.

I liked the voucher system for going green and not getting housekeeping services. But they forgot the first voucher and then for 4 nights you only get 3 vouchers for $5 on food.

There are better options than this hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

The beds were not comfortable, breakfast option was very poor, I didn't get my room cleaned for 2 out of the 3 nights I stayed and self parking was to far away from the hotel.

I guess location is the only real special thing about the hotel

Lovely
    • Traditional King Room

The room was beautiful with a nice view, and the bed was very comfy. They have a restaurant on site that you have to check out..food was great. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Overall excellent experience; I would recommend it to anyone in the area.

Relaxing after several nights in New York.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Larger hotels are more imoersonal, however most of the staff were very helpful.

Stayed on the 21st floor and had great views of the harbour. Lovely large room and bathroom.

Comfortable stay with a wonderful view of Manhattan
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Breakfast buffet could be improved by adding self serving beverages. Chocolate milk was missed for children.

Beds were really comfy and all the furniture, carpets, windows, etc were extremely clean and looked as good as nrand new.

Lower Your Expectations

I paid for a Deluxe which is a higher price than the regular Traditional Room. Upon arrival, my expectations were extremely high since his was a four star hotel... As I open the door to my room, I was sadly disappointed as it appeared a standard regular ordinary plain room. I had spent extra money for nothing. I won't stay there ever again.

The staff were extremely helpful

Air set on auto
    • Traditional King Room

We have set our ac temperature on auto as we find the room well ventilated, sadly the a/c unit in our room was loud as it goes on and off. It kinda interrupted our sleep😔.

Wedding Night!

The pool hours.

My new husband and I spent the first night after our wedding at The Westin. The staff at the check-in counter were courteous and quickly. We booked this room last minute and were able to get the room and restaurant reservation at Fire & Oak. The room was extremely clean and the bed beyond comfortable. We would definitely stay again at The Westin!

Well worth an indulgent weekend away...Close to NYC and roomy

Not much, really. Husband thought there should have been a free coffee/continental breakfast but I wasn't disturbed by it. There was a keurig thing with starbucks in the room, though.

got a beautiful room with excellent (postcard) view of NYC skyline. Room was comfortable and bathroom was perfect--clean, modern, and functional

Was my first time but am highly anticipating my return

Didn't have complimentary breakfast. Nothing others than that was there to complain about

The beds were very welcoming! The guest were hospitable. The public transportation was right outside of the hotel to take us to NYC!!

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Fenomenal!!!! The Bestest!!!!!
    • Premium Newport King Room

The parking. It was inconvenient however at least you had one.

I did not use the pool. Maybe next time. I Had A GREAT View on a high floor just like I asked for. I'm beyond thankful!!!!! ❤💯😃 I Recomend this hotel. Worth every penny!!

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

a perfect alternative to Manhattan
    • Traditional King Room

the friendlyness and the 24h assistance of the staff when I encountered repeatedly a problem with my VPN connection the status of the room (#704) the vicinity to PATH public transport

Bad Exp.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I lost my ipad at the room,no staff noticed me. When I checked in, the staff did not find my SPG mumbership. If I were not a SPG membership, I would pay wifi fee, other hotels were free.

I dont like

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Nice hotel, great staff
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

the concierge Ben was so nice. When we couldnt get a reservation at Alices Tea for my autistic daughter and me, he sent up a tea party for us with cake pops and honey and lemon. It was waiting for us on our return from a day out in new york. So kind. Thanks Ben. Also our coffee maker was broken and they gave me a free coffee voucher right away for their lobby restaurant and replaced it next day.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Worth every dollar
    • Traditional King Room

I didn't like the pillows for sleeping at all they were good comfort for relaxing while watching T.V. but not for sleeping. Also there was no microwave in the room so you'd have eat your hot food right away.

I liked that the pool and whirlpool facility did not close until 12 am. Also, the location of the hotel is awesome and it has a nice lounge with a bar/restaurant in the lobby in case you didn't want to step out.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Make sure you drive a smart car to get a parking space
    • Traditional King Room

The parking situation couldn't have been worse, the online hotel pictures gave me the impression there is city view, there was no city view

The receptionist was a true professional, decent view

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

Very comfortable, spacious and pleasant situated hotel
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

I couldn't pay with my debit card, only cash or credit card.

The beds are very good with choice of blankets and pillows for every preference. The room was spacious, the bathroom also, with good facilities. (we had a payable 4 persons room). The whole hotel has a nice spacious atmosphere and design. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel is situated in a nice spacious uneventful part, so you can start and end your day calmly if you want to visit New York centre with all its activities and bustle. Shops, Starbucks and metrostation are nevertheless nearby.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Great breakfast and fitness facilities

Great breakfast and fitness facilities

Loved the heavenly bed, the area, the staff
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Jacuzzi needed to be clean. Had to pay for parking. No free breakfast.

Loved the heavenly bed, the area, the staff

Clean and comfortable.
    • Traditional King Room

Water pressure was week in shower and water could have been hotter.

Clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

It was nice but i wish breakfast was included in the stay, would’ve made it more worth while
    • Traditional King Room

The price paid and you still has to pay for breakfast. I don’t believe that’s fair.

The rooms wee spacious and super Nice

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

Great experience

Breakfast was not included

It was a great experience ! Rooms was clean and very friendly staff

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Very good location, Less than 5 minutes walk to PATH station.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Wifi did not work on my mobile phone

Very good location, Less than 5 minutes walk to PATH station. Many good restaurants right next to the hotel.

The view was beautiful.

The view was beautiful.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

bed was amazing, room was very big
    • Traditional King Room

I'd expect free wifi with such an expensive room

bed was amazing, room was very big

I enjoyed staying at this hotel except the breakfast

They should include breakfast and not charge $200 for one day breakfast.

Room and bathroom were clean.

Very helpful staff and very clean well appointed room,...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Very helpful staff and very clean well appointed room, breakfast very nice with cooked items. Would stay there again and very good value.

Rooms

Rooms

Staff annoying

Staff is annoying.

Room is clean.

Wonderful place to stay with easy access to train station.
    • Traditional King Room

The reception staff went out of their way to make my stay comfortable.

Sure I'll come again

Internet

Everything, specially staff, clean and comfortable

Parking was expensive

Parking was expensive

It was a good night.
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hearing the sound when people talking while passing by the the room.

The bed is comfortable and the room is clean.

Right by a mall!

N/a

Right by a mall! Staff is very friendly And I felt very secure with the security staffing.

It was wonderful to have a clean pool for the kids, hot tub...
    • Traditional King Room

It was wonderful to have a clean pool for the kids, hot tub was nice too. Room was great

First class hotel with excellent staff

Nothing at all

Modern hotel with a good sized pool and gym . Bed was the most comfortable one I’ve ever slept in.

We had a great stay.
    • Traditional King Room

It was a great experience from check in to check out. Great location, parking next door, mall next door.

Thought it was ridiculous to have to PAY additional fee for...
    • Traditional King Room

Thought it was ridiculous to have to PAY additional fee for wi-fi in room!!

sleeping well but no microwave
    • Traditional King Room

no microwave in the room

I would definitely stay here again, the staff were brilliant and the comfiest bed I have ever slept
    • Traditional Double Room with Two Double Beds

Food and drink in the hotel fairly expensive

Very close to shopping , light railway and views of the Hudson from the bedroom. It felt very safe

Got ripped off parking

Ripped me off to park

Decent

Proximity to public transit was fantastic.

Proximity to public transit was fantastic. The hotel is right beside a great mall. Clean and comfortable hotel!

The WiFi wasn’t working when trying to buy it.

The WiFi wasn’t working when trying to buy it.

Clean