Reviews of The Westin Los Angeles Airport 4 stars

5400 West Century Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90045, USA

#125 of 352 hotels in Los Angeles

Great place to stay would definitely recommend

Nothing everything was great

Great service, room was excellent. The beds were super, super comfortable. We were pleasantly suprised. All had a great night sleep😀

Had 3 stays in one month, will never book there anymore!

Room 444 dead wall view, disappointing Again 1 small bottle of water for 4 SPG member guests. Several friends complained that there was an empty breakfast buffet on the 12th floor. They had to leave after waiting for long... no bread no eggs etc!!! Internet not that good Noisy No personal care or kids care. Even smaller hotels did better!

Only the Location!

Disappointed, no special care!

Parking is $ 40 / night Room Service Menu selection is super limited! Drilling Noise! 1 small btl of Water for 4 guests, even SPG members!!! Tv selection offering! No care or attention for kids Worst was Airport Shuttle that never showed up on 3 occasions coming from the airport side during the night!

best LAX hotel, hands down.

a couple hiccups with staff protocol but this is only once very recently. in the thirteen years that I have stayed here, it has always been very good service.

consistently good food, comfort, and staff.

We enjoyed it. Great place to stay.

The young lady who helped us check out was probably my least enjoyable interaction at the hotel but it wasn't so bad as to mar the rest of the experience.

The night we checked in everyone was kind and courteous, and the room was wonderful.

Convenient to airport, great free shuttle service

It was comfortable and suited my purpose but it was a little dated compared to other Westin properties I've stayed at.

I had a short stopover in LA. I picked this hotel as it was close to the airport and offers a free hotel shuttle which was great. Room service food was good.

Nice place to stay.

Expensive. But Worth it.

Staff are very helpful and nice. Love the room. The hotel near to the LAX airport. Nice hotel to stay. I'll be back with my family and my pet.

Hungry Traveler

Ordered a GF Vegetable dinner to go. It was luke warm at best and the veges were barely cooked. It was supposed to be grilled, but had little flavor. For the high price, I expected so much more. The spinach was cold, like it hadn't been cooked - like after it is thawed out from a package. There was also no other food options at the hotel. We have reservations in a couple of weeks and don't know where we will find good GF food. .

Everything else was fine.

robbers
    • Deluxe Double Room

They double charged me my credit cards and when I called to challenge the charge they don't even answer the phone. The only option is to leave a message that it was never replied. On top of that, the link on their web page to guest billing should display a form which is not working at all. They suck!

Close to airport and free transfers

the room was nice

this place was gorgeous but my only problem was the 40$ a day parking ..i didnt want to pay that much for parking so i had to park a block away and walk .. and for a big hotel a small jacuzzi me and eight other guest squeezed in and made the best of it lol

the room was nice

Close to airport and facilities are reasonably clean.

There is a coffee machine in the room but we had a coffee pack not matching the machine, i.e. does not work....

Close to airport and facilities are reasonably clean.

It’s really ridiculous that I informed the hotel I would...

It’s really ridiculous that I informed the hotel I would arrive very late, and they charged me a no show fee. When I checked in, no one told me about this!

Settle bus service from LAX was excellent.

No where to have a snack

Settle bus service from LAX was excellent. On-site Starbucks closed on a Saturday evening although meant to be open until 10.30pm. Both restaurant and bar full of men only so a bit daunting for a woman travelling solo.

Cris at reception was wonderful
    • Deluxe Double Room

Poor food options The dogs in the room next door barking and waking us in the morning

Cris at reception was wonderful Renting a car from the hotel was excellent as was housekeeping

Check in member Art was nice enough

When we got to the hotel off the airport shuttle with many bags each the valet and bell boys watched and my mum was struggling. The bell boy was disgraceful at his job There was a cigarette in the room when we got upstairs and the bed side light was not working Also when asked for a grilled cheese sandwich was told no only the after hours menu available Is this not The Westin less than 1km from LAX airport? And I can’t get a grilled cheese at 11.30pm After flying and not getting in till 11pm After waiting over 40 mins for their airport shuttle I was not happy at all with the service we received at the Westin

Check in member Art was nice enough

I WON'T STAY AT THE WESTIN AGAIN

NO FREE OR DISCOUNTED PARKING AVAILABLE, NO COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST, POOL WAS ONLY LOCATED OUTSIDE AND THE KIDS DIDN'T ENJOY THE COLD POOL, WE WEREN'T ABLE TO GET A ROOM ON THE SAME FLOOR AS THE REST OF MY FAMILY, IT JUST WASN'T A GOOD STAY

THE BED WAS THE BEST PART ABOUT MY STAY

Overall, my stay at the Westin hotel LAX was a success! Thanks

They didn’t offer a breakfast buffet but they did offer complimentary juice fruit and pastry

It was a great weekend for me and my girlfriend. They accommodated us in the 11th floor which was an executive suite ! Definitely surprised my girlfriend for her 21st birthday

I will compare othe hotels prices and amenities before considering the Westin again

meal Prices were absolutely OUTRAGEOUS It’s almost criminal to charge $25 for a breakfast of toast eggs potatoes and one piece of meat and seven dollars for a cup of orange juice that needs to be changed!!

The shower excellent the beds and pilows very comfortable. Room very clean. Workout room was very good!

Great staff

I pre paid for the room. And the price did NOT include tax, I didn't see the total cost until after I paid!

Excellent staff! 1st reception person, John, gave us a super early check in and upgrade to exec! A 2nd, Abby, gave us a much needed late check out! Thanks guys

Not a value for money hotel

Mostly business oriented, you need to pay for everything extra. Not even breakfast is provided with the costs. So definitely, not value for money.

Good and comfortable hotel

Very nice hotel and the staff was very welcoming.

Location is busy, parking a rental car was extremely expensive and although we thought breakfast was included it was not. An expensive overnight stay.

Very nice hotel and the staff was very welcoming.

The bed was very comfy.

The Air Conditioning unit could have been serviced or replaced.

The bed was very comfy...however our Air Conditioning unit was VERY noisy and there was little privacy from the bedroom to the patio as people were walking past to the swimming pool area and could easily look into the room.

Never again

The room service didn’t remove the food left from the previous guest, the SMELL in my room was horrible...I call front desk but they did NOTHING.

Nice hotel, very spacious.

It was just a stay. Did not feel like a Westin at all.

The staff was not friendly the website did not say it was paid parking.. the room was cold.. cleaning stafff did not clean well and the bedroom was very old and dark. I feel like we were put in that room because of how we booked it. It did not feel like a Westin at all.

Location to the airport

Worst Westin I've ever visited.

The staff was awful. Glasses from room service were dirty. Took forever to get new ones and they brought the wrong ones. Order was wrong. No one answers at front desk. Star services reps were rude.

It's a Westin

Front desk employee could use a session or two on common...

Front desk employee could use a session or two on common courtesy. While you are at it you might consider adding in a few minutes on the use of basic North American English while you are at it.

Best LAX Hotel Experience

Self parking on an earlier occasion I visited the property was a nightmare . I could only park on the roof. Lighting was very poor and there was no elevator access to the roof. I had to carry 2 suitcases down a flight of stairs!! It was awful!!

Concierge parking is so affordable and easy for airport connections!! Shuttle driver was so friendly and helpful!!

Great place to stay and nice location not too far from everything would recommend

Didn't like the high rates on parking but it's understandable

The room was awesome.Clean sheets beautiful faculty and facility. Nice bar good looking wOman had a great time

Overall. 2 thumbs up

The hot tub needs a bit of attention. It was cooler than bath water and the jets lacked thrust.

Staff was super nice. The room was fabulous and the beds were very comfortable. Workmout Room was on point.

Unsurpassed excellence when a hotel makes you feel better than at home.
    • Deluxe Double Room

You'll have to help me think of something as there's not a thing which could have been improved

Room was very comfortable, every staff member we encountered treated us like a family member. A delightful stay.

VERY Pet friendly with NO pet charges or pet deposit.

The false fire alarm at 10pm on a Saturday night was NOT fun.

VERY Pet friendly with NO pet charges or pet deposit. They even let us have a family dinner with our pups in the lounge.

It was a very short stay but very comfortable.

It was a very short stay but very comfortable. In particular, I received help in buttoning a very difficult shirt from the wonderful ladies in the coffee bar. They were very kind.

The hotel has shuttle bus every 30 minutes which was...

Old decor.

The hotel has shuttle bus every 30 minutes which was convenient, also very close to the airport so small chance of traffic and being late. The room was spacious and very comfortable bed.

Had to move to a different room on a different floor after we were in bed and tried to sleep. Poor.

The put us in a room that was next to the top of the elevator. It sounded like a forklift was constantly running in the next room. Impossible to relax or sleep. Ridiculous to rent a room to anyone where that much noise comes in.

Convenient place to stay, free airport shuttle, and friendly staff

Stayed here a couple times before, but this past trip our room was a little run down. The previous 2 stays. The rooms we had seem to be a little cleaner and the bathrooms in better shape, especially the previous room we stayed in on the first floor. Although, it still better then most places.

Comfortable beds, modern room, free airport shuttle, close to the airport and car rental places, the bar / restaurant is not bad, and the staff was friendly.

convenient, clean and pleasant hotel that met all my expectations.

the atmosphere in the bar area is dinghy and not very welcoming - not great if you're traveling alone.

Great bar food ( the sushi!) for a single diner. The bed was very comfortable and I love that Chamomile tea was available in my room ... very thoughtful. also really like the shuttle bus service to the terminal - very helpful.

We stayed here for the close proximity to LAX and the free shuttle. Both were good. Room was ok.

The hotel were not expecting us when we arrived - they had our reservation for the following day even though our booking.com date was correct. The check-in staff could have been friendlier. A bit too "officious". Nothing wrong with being professional but probably a good idea to make your guests feel welcome rather than just part of a busy day. The room was fine but a little small for a family of four, especially given we needed a rollaway bed too.

Close to the airport and a free airport shuttle. Helpful and friendly concierge.

I enjoyed my overall experience and stay at the Westin.

I enjoyed my overall experience and stay at the Westin. It is a first class hotel with great customer service. Would highly recommend this hotel and location.

should have stayed elsewhere.

failed to deliver advertised facilities (Spa). food quality poor. Unusual not to have buffet breakfast which is my preference.

Booked for overnight stay before flying out of LAX in the afternoon...knew I might have a few hours to kill so chose Westin as it advertised Spa facilities (booked in November for January stay). Called hotel in morning of day of arrival to book into Spa to be told this facility was now out-sourced. Unimpressed but asked for more info..they tried to connect me but went through to a number which did not work. I called back and they gave me that Spa number...I left 2 messages but no call back. On arrival at hotel desk manager told me they had recently closed the in-house Spa and he would try to get hold of the new people the next morning...they did call but too late to arrange anything. Aside from above hotel facilities all fairly standard. Shuttle to airport efficient. Ate at in house restaurant for dinner and breakfast (a la carte only) and both cases food quality poor and below standard that might reasonably be expected.

No burger on their room service menu - at an airport hotel...

No burger on their room service menu - at an airport hotel in LA, that's pretty odd. Also, sent us up a banana instead of chips to accompany the sandwich we ordered. That's even weirder.

It was close to the airport.

A towel was dirty, very dirty. I was too tired to complain. Thankfully the room had a few.

It was close to the airport. I was only there because I had another flight in the morning

Proximity to hotel, friendly staff. Well worth the visit.
    • Deluxe Double Room

We have at this property twice and both times we were well cared for by the staff. As far as transit stops go this property is one of the best we have stayed at. We would gladly stay at The Westin anytime. Meals on the property can be pricey- thank goodness for the convenience of delivery.

It has a gym, restaurant and bar on site

It's very dated. Compared to the other Westin hotels that I've stayed at... This is the most out dated one!

It has a gym, restaurant and bar on site

Overall was happy... More good than bad... Very Clean which i loved...

Parking was way too expensive! TV viewing wasn’t very good, limited channels, hard to access...

Very Clean, Rooms very comfortable, Gym was very nice, Easy to find, Close to freeway...

Comfortable but a bit noisy

Asked for a quiet room, still rather noisy from traffic - noise insulation is inadequate for an airport hotel. A bit of wear and tear in the room and general areas.

Very comfortable beds, bed linen and pillows. Plenty of device charging options in room. Hotel restaurant above average. Quick check-in, check-out.

I booked a premium room overlooking the airport.
    • Executive Double Room

I booked a premium room overlooking the airport. When we entered the room, someone was already in the room. We went downstairs and told reception who found us another room, but it wasn't overlooking the airport. This was disappointing because it was the main reason for selecting the hotel. The staff were friendly. The bar, restaurant and lobby were all very nice.

I thought Westin Services should be outstanding. But not really.

Even if the SPG membership is free. The front desk won’t give me the code for accessing the internet. When I signed in , tried give her my membership number , she said no need.

We liked the good shuttle bus service and the location of...

We liked the good shuttle bus service and the location of the hotel. Found some old chicken bones in the bathroom under the sink picked them up and put in the trash that was sorta icky. Beds were comfy.

Excellent after a long haul flight for a night.

The restaurant downstairs serves great quality food and huge servings. We had dinner here after a long international flight and were not disappointed. Staff were excellent. The hotel room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. I know people complain on these reviews about the flight noise from LAX but all you need are earplugs, put the air conditioning on low and you won't hear a thing. We slept extremely well. Check in staff were efficient & friendly. No over charges. Don't be put off staying here by negative reviews. Our stay was problem free.

the daily grill

No water pressure. No little shampoos or soaps for shower. Had to eat to check in for a room to be unlocked from block? The room smelled like strong perfume and gave us all allergies

the daily grill

It’s great to stay there for the next day’s flight because...

It’s great to stay there for the next day’s flight because the shuttle service is so good. The stuff was very nice to me, and check-in and check out were easy!

Comfy bed

I stay here 20 plus nights per year and love it, the only iimprovement I can suggest is that the airport shuttles have been slow the past two Friday nights.

Comfy bed

It served its purpose but expensively

Room service. As expensive as the burger and fries were that I ordered, the fries were cold. I was also told to call Room Service to pick up the tray and they didn't so I still ended up placing it outside the room. At least the burger was prepared well and delicious.

The staff that checked me in was courteous. I had a problem with my Tv and it requires someone to come and fix the issue twice. They were nice about it.

A bit far from main attractions including Santa Monica and Farmers Market etc...

Very nice, comfortable hotel. Staff friendly and professional. Very close to airport and ideal for transit passengers.

I would never stay there again
    • Deluxe Double Room

Shower was warm at best...shower-head broken...weird room arraignment...gym was poor...restaurant was ridiculously expensive...

Location was good. Very close to airport

Absolutely LOVED our stay, will stay again when we come back next year!

Note, the NU Car rental is probably the worst car rental company on the planet. I would recommend you partner with a different company.

The restaurant was excellent, ALL the staff were amazing! I love the Westin chain, I used to travel for work all the time and stayed in a Westin whenever I could, I still love it! Keep up the good work.

Staff were friendly and helpful.

Parking was a bit on the expensive side and sometimes hard to find a spot but not a deal breaker.

Staff were friendly and helpful. A good safe place for a stay. A lot of amenities close by.

I loved it.

I called house keeping/room service for a band aid and they mixed rooms and brought my a razor for shaving.

The coffee and sugar cane sugar. The room was clean. Very quiet. They allowed me to have an extended check out

Don't stay on the 4th floor above their lounge

This was my worst Westin stay. We had just stayed there 5 days before. We literally had 2 hours sleep. We stayed on the 4th floor above a lounge. People were outside laughing and talking until midnight. I called the front desk 5 times before my husband went down to speak to manager. The front desk staff was rude and lied by say she sent security each call. I was told BC there were only 4 people causing the noise they couldn't throw them out. Crazy. We ended up with 50% off and called their corporate office.

The proximity to the airport is ideal.

A perfect place to relax and rest up before the long flight home.

Minor detail: the buzzing noose of the airco when switched off.

Staff was excellent, went out of their way to help us. Very comfortable beds. Very good restaurant.

I won't come back to this hotel

I was sorely disappointed with the surprise extra $39 parking charge. PER DAY! The pool was gross also. We saw a giant roach, rusty/ edges of the pool. It was small and very old. When checking in to the hotel the man didn't give us much instructions. Like where our room is or how to park... where's the pool. He was not very helpful. It was a very noisy stay as well

I liked that room service came and refreshed our room while we were gone. The view was also okay.

Liked the short distance to airport, good room, professional staff, not fond of limited amenities

Business center charges for use of computers. only one real restaurant with high prices for mediocre food, very limited menu. Apparently angered hostess at restaurant; ;when we objected to seating, we were seated at small table next top loud kitchen, although restaurant was almost empty.

Very quiet and comfortable

It was extremely relaxing and pleasant.

There was a mix up with my booked room but the staff accommodated wonderfully.

The beds were extremely comfortable, the room temperature was perfect. The bath was lovely and the room was spacious.

Location near LAX.

Hotel car park was rip off (36$ / night)

Location near LAX. Stayed in spacious king room. Comfortable bed. Small pool area. Restaurant downstairs had a good selection portions.

never will stay at a Westin Hotel or any of their chain hotels!

Their check out billing is unacceptably poor as well as their customer service reps are rude. The customer service manager was not helpful when I tired to resolve and understand their poor final billing via email. However, he definitely emailed me about my poor rating. He never answered my question about why was I being charged twice for the same service??? Will never stay at any of their hotels, ever!

They know you are there as a transit to the airport, so no...

They know you are there as a transit to the airport, so no customer service orientation at all. The tap water on the bathroom had the lowest water pressure that i have ever seen in my life! Making almost impossible to shave. The bed quality ver poor

It was a nice enough hotel but should pay attention to details.

When we checked in at our room there was a room service order still there. The room was clean but someone had forgotten to take away dirty plates from the previous occupant. I called downstairs to tell them to pick up plates and no one ever came. Finally after hours I just put them outside the door. The next morning they were still there! .

Beds were very comfortable and the decor of the room was quite nice. Very easy Check in and courteous people.

Ok for a very short visit, but inconvenience a little.

I have stayed a many Westin hotels and my Stay was always awesome. The property was impeccable, the staff were professional and I felt it was worth the price. The airport Westin is a different story. The rooms don't have a mircrowave or fridge. You have to request a fridge and hope they have some available. For the price of this hotel that should be standard. The parking is entirely too expensive- $38 a day! The maid service was subpar they did not replace the items we used the day before such as plastic cups or the mouthwash in the bathroom. The door to my room would not close so you literally had to slam it and pull it shut and finally we had a smoke smell or electrical smell in our room and it took the staff an hour to come check. I had to call twice! What a safety hazard! I mentioned this when I check out and the manager told the front desk person to credit our parking for the inconvenience. That is as $70. The staff was nice so that was a good thing but I will NEVER stay at this Westin again and will make sure I ask about the amenities the next time I book a hotel in the future and not assume a fridge and microwave are provided in the room.

The beds are wonderful like sleeping on a cloud, the beds are usually the reason why I book at the Westin. The staff was nice so that was a good thing.

Important to stay near LAX and this fulfilled the requirement.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The air con - for me too cold in the lobby and downstairs. The fact that at 9.30 pm on arrival could not get a meal and drink in the restaurant area. The bar area stayed open but the menu was restricted.

Very comfortable and concierge and staff very helpful. As they were in the bar.

Peaceful and relaxing.. worth every penny

There was nothing I did not like about the hotel

The rooms were spacious. The hotel itself was beautiful and it was very professional. I would stay here again

It is close to the airport and car rentals.

Getting off the plane and being a person that uses a C Pac to sleep it would be nice if they had distilled water on hand for their guest.

It is close to the airport and car rentals. The room was very nice.

Great place to stay for a very comfortable short stay with free shuttle to and from the airport.
    • Executive Double Room

More information about getting around eg buses would have been helpful as staff didn't seem to know much about it. The hotel is handy to the airport but not close to shops or transport.

The room was large, the beds were super comfortable, water was provided free of charge, breakfast was great, evening hors d'oevres were delicious, our room service meals were tasty and plentiful, the staff were very pleasant, the airport and beach shuttles were very handy and our whole experience was good.

Nothing special.
    • Deluxe Double Room

One of the staff at the Receptions is not helpful. He did not know how to smile and did not provide any information I need.

Shuttle to the airport. Convenient!

Safe and great for the price.

The billing is very confusing! They need to simplify it.

The bed and pillows were comfortable. And happy the Westin has a "green" option for their guest. I took full advantage of it!

it was a nice hotel and the service was good
    • Deluxe Double Room

there was a dog kennel located outside the hotel and the dogs barkedALL morning starting at 7am. I was there for 5 days and this was very disappointing.