Reviews of The Westin Mission Hills Villas 4 stars

71777 Dinah Shore Drive, Rancho Mirage, CA 92262, USA

#3 of 9 hotels in Rancho Mirage

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Quite a nice corner of the desert
    • One Bedroom Premium Villa

Pushy on selling partnerships and memberships 3 voicemail messages on phone trying to sell something Paid parking should be included in the steep price Villa felt a bit cheap, creaking floors and walls Noisy neighbours Very noice ac

Great luxury stay Spacious villa Staff were super friendly Free towels at pool

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

It was a lovely propetrty and enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere.
    • One-Bedroom Deluxe Villa

The vacation ownership presentation was too long. Presented to e and others as a 90 minute presentation, I experienced a total of 3 hours, probably lost me at about 2 hours.

Everyone that I encountered during my stay were very nice with a smile and a greeting.

Weekend getaway.
    • One-Bedroom Deluxe Villa

No elevators; trash left in the common walkways between rooms for multiple days was a huge turn off.

Spacious rooms. Excellent pool and dining facilities.

I liked the service from check in to check out.
    • One-Bedroom Deluxe Villa

I liked the service from check in to check out. Friendly staff and my family and I enjoyed the shuttle rides from one section of the hotel to the next. Great service. Looking forward to go back.

Great place for vacation!
    • One-Bedroom Deluxe Villa

Parking fee of $16.68 is unnecessary, the property is like apartment complex. Restaurants seemed overpriced.

Great place for vacation! Rooms were very big, clean, kitchen had everything you would have at home, housekeeping was very attentive, BBQ area was nice, the pool by the hotel area wasn't so busy and was very clean. I highly recommend this Resort if you want to go somewhere and just relax!

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Very relaxing
    • One-Bedroom Deluxe Villa

Beautiful luxury villas set in grounds with pools, walkways and gardens, bars and restaurants and buggies to take you anywhere you want on the property

I didn't like the fact that in my patio I could not walk...
    • One-Bedroom Deluxe Villa

I didn't like the fact that in my patio I could not walk to the pools because of all the little palm trees that have not been trimmed and I had a two year old and A7 year old who unfortunately have the Curiosities of nature which is fine but unfortunately on my patio sliding doors we couldn't walk to our pools with our little ones because of all the palm trees not being trimmed therefore we had to go out to the front around the building to the pool but thank you very much for accommodating us being very close to the pool and bottom floor which is what I had requested nothing is perfect and it was still an extraordinary trip can't wait to book next year again

Well worth it!
    • One-Bedroom Deluxe Villa

$15 parking charge per night.

Pool area was great, mini pool slide is awesome. Great for families and couples. Resort is centrally located to just about everything (grocery store,movie theater, water park, Costco, restaurants, Walgreens, Casino...) List goes on and on. ALL staff was real friendly, especially the custodial staff. This will be our 3rd time here for our annual planned family vacation... Love it!

Great accommodation. Shame we couldn’t stay longer.
    • One-Bedroom Deluxe Villa

The staff were all very welcoming and helped us with all our queries. The room was very well equipped and the children loved the pool. Although we were only there for a night we had a lovely time.

Overall great resort besides the beds.
    • One Bedroom Premium Villa

The bed was hard. Both me and my wife woke up with a terrible back pain.

Nice resort with many of amenities. We only stayed one night enroute to AZ however my family and I enjoyed the resort. The pool was awesome with music and servers to get food or drinks. They have ping pong and pools tables to play a which is a nice perk.

Too short but very nice
    • One Bedroom Premium Villa

Checked us in 1 hour after regular check-in time. We requested near main pool and cabana reservation Saturday, which apparently was increased to $300/day which is ridiculous. First person at the counter (Jasmine) was no help and unsympathetic. Stacie the manager was amazing! Although we couldn’t get the location we desired and late check-in she was able to accommodate a cabana at a reduced rate. We signed up for the return package and we’re looking forward to it. We will call ahead with our desired room location and cabana reservation. We’ve been going 4 years in a row and looking forward to a positive return stay.

We love having access to everything across the whole...
    • One Bedroom Premium Villa

Having to pay for parking. This is not included in the room rate and for as much as it costs we shouldn’t have to pay $17 a day to park our cars. Also not included is the additional $200 down for incidentals. Be sure to bring extra money.

We love having access to everything across the whole facility including all of the pools. We come at least once a year and love it! The manager that helped us was amazing! I didn’t get her name but she was a beautiful woman and seemed to be able to assist us much more than the people working the front desk.

Beautiful grounds, comfortable expansive rooms, friendly and...
    • One Bedroom Premium Villa

Only downside was the crowded pool, lounge chairs were easy to find though

Beautiful grounds, comfortable expansive rooms, friendly and helpful staff, great DJ at the pool. BBQ grill in each room balcony!

Best hotel ever
    • One-Bedroom Deluxe Villa

The staff. They were not so friendly, very stiff and formal. And they want you to buy the place. Did not like the lobbying for that. And the parking fee sucks. We dit nog like the bed as much - bit small (150cm)

What a great luxury. The park is a little village to itself, with all the different pools, golf courses, restaurants and stuff. We liked our little villa very much: specious and clean. Nice to have a decent kitchen with fridge, dishwasher and even a washing machine! The bathroom was also specious and nice. Good to have our own little place outside.

It’s nice that you are able to do all meals there
    • One-Bedroom Deluxe Villa

The parking is terrible you can’t even park close to you room for the price you are charged a night for parking. I don’t like that the smaller units for the price charged don’t have ovens only stove tops

It’s nice that you are able to do all meals there

we look forward to our next visit.
    • One Bedroom Premium Villa

parking a car is a paid extra. for a place this expansive and remote, with hundreds of parking spaces, this is insulting. our observation was that about 95% of guests there had a vehicle, so it's just a money grab that is classless.

great space. our premium villa (1 bedroom) was larger that a typical NYC 2 bedroom apartment, and was beautifully appointed. very comfortable.

Stay in hotel section of resort if you are adults only.
    • One Bedroom Premium Villa

when we arrived kids in upstairs unit were throwing toys and garbage off of their balcony onto our patio lawn. they were also hitting a ball against their balcony wall. ugh. security did only a little to calm them down. Our lawn area was a mess. no quieter unit available at that time. good news is they left the next day. in quiet the unit was great. clearly the villa section is not for adults looking to relax during any kind of holiday or long weekend. This was mother's day which i did not realize counted as such.

nice unit. not all have a view but ours was lovely. pete dye golf course was beautifully kept and fun to play. not a bad price either.

Placed in a handicap accessible room with a shower that did...
    • One Bedroom Premium Villa

Placed in a handicap accessible room with a shower that did not work, electricity was off for 30 hours for 1/2 of the unit. Front desk did not attend to issues or communicate back. Exorbitant price for what was delivered.

Fabulous service, food and facilities! Will definitely be back!
    • One-Bedroom Deluxe Villa

The staff was amazing! Service, food and facilities were all excellent! Particularly impressive given that it was Spring Break and very busy.

Very disappointed in customer service and value for the money.
    • One Bedroom Premium Villa

The front desk staff was rude and unhelpful. The room we were assigned was unacceptable, facing the backside of another building. We were paying ( $4700.00 for 14 days!), when we requested a change to another room, the staff responded "that none were currently available but would put us on a list!" We were paying for a Premium Room which supposedly guaranteed a view! We requested almost daily a change of room for over a week and finally gave up! I like Bookings.com and have had excellent experiences all over the world with them, but will never choose Westin Resorts again!!!

The food was good.

Wonderful! Just what I needed.
    • One-Bedroom Deluxe Villa

The pressure to purchase ownership was a bit much; allowing a day to think before making a decision would have been nice. But I have no regrets for committing.

The Suite itself and how well equipped it is. Beds, including the pull out bed were comfortable. The whole compound was beautiful. The provision of a quite swimming pool was very nice for adults. The pleasant shuttle drivers and the availability of the shuttle even late at night was comforting.

Child hurt knee in slide/pool area.
    • One-Bedroom Deluxe Villa

Once at checkin counter staff could do more to make guests feel welcome and expedite time get room key

Registration easy to find after pass through secure gate. Friendly staff kiosk.

Fun trip overall but probably won’t be back
    • One-Bedroom Deluxe Villa

We ordered the night before room service for breakfast and it never showed up. We called and they couldn’t find our order. We reordered and it came in a fairly timely fashion but was still missing an item that we had ordered. This delayed us about an hour which was disappointing. The main kids pool on the villa side was fun but the water slide wasn’t working on Friday so we went to the hotel side. The lifeguard running that slide was unsafe with not waiting for kids to clear the slide at the bottom. When my husband brought it to his attention & he gave him attitude. We didn’t want anyone to get hurt so we did bring it to the pool manager’s attention.

Room was nice and staff was friendly. We weren’t asked about our stay at checkout which we were surprised about.

Great for golf but expensive.
    • One Bedroom Premium Villa

The pool complex was disappointing - no bar and pool very shallow

Comfy bed and excellent golf facilities. Villa was well appointed and the in-house transport to get around the complex was excellent

A top-notch resort experience that is easy on the wallet.
    • One-Bedroom Deluxe Villa

Great value for a top quality resort experience. My room had a separate kitchen/dining space and a private balcony overlooking the golf course and the mountains to the south. Very serene.

Enjoyable but expensive
    • One Bedroom Premium Villa

Excellent apartment but lots of additional costs such as parking which made the cost excessive. Apartment servicing was erratic and shower cleaning was not that good. Food and beverage costs were also excessive and pool was very shallow with poor poolside service.

Very well appointed apartment with ultra comfortable bed. Staff were generally helpful and golf facilities were first class.

I like the fact that when people make mistakes they owned up...
    • One-Bedroom Deluxe Villa

I like the fact that when people make mistakes they owned up to it and we will be coming back same time next year peaoe should take notes it's ok to mess up on a room or take an hour for a drink order just admitt you were wrong and do something for the guest or customer just like the Westin in villas at Mission Hill. There l where a few mistakes but they owned up to it and corrected them which in all made my satay amazing even with a. Few hicups thanks to all the staff at Westin mission hills villas

Slow Everything
    • One Bedroom Premium Villa

I was told when my room is ready they would text/email me. I didn't get any email and waited for three hours with two preschool kids. I was frustrated so I cheked with the front desk and the room was ready. Why didnt they let me know as soon as the room is ready? As well I had to wait for a long time for shuttles. Its not so easy standing outside over 40 degrees (115 F) for more than 10 min w young kids.

EXCELLENT RESORT

$15 per day for parking was a bummer😣

Centrally located close to shops, restaurants and water park. Pool with mini water slide, gym, pool tables. Maicured lawns, clean, family friendly and affordable! Second time here and probably not the last.

• One-Bedroom Deluxe Villa

Not offered assist with luggage. Should of been more detail about pool. Hair in pool. Kids pool and family beer cans and liquor in pool. Pool crowded can't swim not inviting. Pool area dirty. Staff should of offered to escort to the other when pool was crowded. Birthday vacation could not enjoy.

Front desk staff friendly and professional

Not the experience we expected
    • One-Bedroom Deluxe Villa

Personally walked to front desk and told them not to service room as our teenage children would be there while we were at hospital. Put do not disturb on door. Housekeeping came 3 times knocking and opened door. Ordered a small pizza from riom service. Came to $27 and tasted horrible.

Nice looking property

Swim splash fun
    • One-Bedroom Deluxe Villa

The towel service, the swim shop people were nice to always blow up inflatables, the cart drivers, the bathroom/shower amenities at the main pool. The kids activities were fun too!

Nice villa but check in check out times kind of a scam
    • One-Bedroom Deluxe Villa

I drove from LA and arrived around 2pm and made me wait until 4pm to give me my room even with empty rooms i guess because not alllll the rooms would be full at that time when the check out time was at 10am ,so too late check in time and too soon to check out,check in at 1pm and check out at least at noon would be great ,couldn't even sleep that day ...overall O K

The weather the service the room( not the room service,took forever to clean my room) the food the usual almost everywhere nothing fancy about it ....but nice place overall

Meh...
    • One-Bedroom Deluxe Villa

Just not quite the quality I expected based on prior Westin stays. Property was quite noisy (a lot of kids). Room service food was cold. Also voicemail messages from Westin staff to sell services and book future rooms and/or other Westin properties were annoying.

Pillows were amazing! Prompt service.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

Fabulous premises - but you need a car & to be prepared to pay a parking fee!!
    • One Bedroom Premium Villa

Thought the compulsory $15 per day resort parking fee was a disgrace & a rip-off! You can't really get here without a car and the parking is here already so why charge so much to use it when you are already paying for the room and facilities?? Also the lack of shuttle service to local malls and resorts was disappointing, taxis were expensive so again, meant having a car was necessary.

Fabulous accommodation, great pools, lovely staff and just the most amazing scenery. Really friendly & relaxing place and superb villa

Enjoyed the warm weather and your relaxing pool.
    • One Bedroom Premium Villa

Did not like the pushy saleperson trying to sell us on the Westin Vacation Program. Even after we said no we had to see yet another person than another person before we could finally leave.

We were able to check in early and also have a late check out.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

quaint place to stay with a family
    • One Bedroom Premium Villa

very noisy construction in early morning and all after noon.Gardners are very noisy and loud and talk loud . beds are uncomfortable, utensils in kitchen need to be updated especially the pots and pans, Dont have good restaraunts to eat at. not many fun activity for the kids to do there and everything has a fee. YOU HALF TO PAY 15.00 TO PARK EACH DAY THERE and you dont get to park in the front of your villa. pool should be warmer at night. Needs a better happy hour. Furniture on patio is very uncomfortable. we stay here at least 3 times a year. we bring on own chairs when we stay here our own pots and pans, we half to bring stuff to bed to make it comfortable.

pool area, Jacuzzi in room and fire place, kitchen in room, house keeping is very quick to bring u stuff to your room. kid friendly,

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Servicr far above and beyond our high expectations!
    • One-Bedroom Deluxe Villa

Amazing service -- above and beyond the norm for Westin brand! Shuttle driver Forrest really was a great representative of the brand and it's amazing service. Kudos!

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

The host & staff were very accommodating, friendly.
    • One Bedroom Premium Villa

The bed was poor, it had a sway in it I think it needs to be replaced.

The host & staff were very accommodating, friendly. Helpful, I had to move rooms due to noise & children & the staff were very kind.

Enjoyed my stay!
    • One-Bedroom Deluxe Villa

I called the number on website before I arrived and left a voicemail but no Return call. .

Accessibility to the main hotel was convenient and gave us more options for pools and restaurants.

A little irritated
    • One Bedroom Premium Villa

That they charged my debit card a fee of 298.00 when they should have explained that if I gave a credit card it would not have come out of my bank account leaving me short on money for the weekend

Beautiful, Clean, and Relaxing
    • One-Bedroom Deluxe Villa

It was a beautiful property and very relaxing. I also appreciated the egg hunt for my kids since we were there on Easter. A nice and thoughtful touch. Front desk staff was also very friendly and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Our 1 bedroom villa is well maintained.
    • One-Bedroom Deluxe Villa

Our 1 bedroom villa is well maintained. The staff is very pleasant , knowledgeable and helpful. We checked in at 11 PM and were offered a choice of 3 rooms and given a description of the pluses and minuses of each room. The clerk did not need to go the extra mile. It was just the first example of the excellent attitude and service.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Beautiful resort
    • One-Bedroom Deluxe Villa

10:00 am checkout was only negative for us.

Beautiful room and resort property. Very well supplied with towels, soap, fridge, microwave, DVD player etc.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

Paradise Found - Rancho Mirage
    • One Bedroom Premium Villa

The second floor premium villa was a few blocks from parking lot and no elevator. We had golf clubs, heavy luggage and grandson's stroller to lug up and down during his daily visit. This was the only negative and I guess we could have requested main floor villa.

Terrific property, beautiful, pristine and quiet. We enjoyed the spacious pool, shallow baby pool perfect for young families and grotto like hot tub. The unit was perfect with high end finishes.. Fully stocked kitchen, two fireplaces, balcony off bedroom and great room. Lovely view from balcony.The heavenly bed was just that! King size and firm. Spacious modern bathroom with great shower and deep jetted tub. The property was gorgeous with lush grounds and mountain views. My husband enjoyed the challenging Pete Dye golf course. We enjoyed happy hour appetizers and drinks at restaurant near villa pool.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Secluded spot for recreation
    • One-Bedroom Deluxe Villa

- $15 parking charge for a place where it is impractical to get to except by car. Parking charges should be included in hotel cost, not as a "hidden" surcharge.

- Impeccable grounds - heated pools - friendly staff

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Wonderful Stay at Westin Mission Hils except for minor glitch
    • One-Bedroom Deluxe Villa

Villa was excellent, food in restaurants very good although pricey, all personnel we encounter were exceptional especially Steven and Larry at front desk, Lori was helpful but my request for late check out at 3pm. Was not honored, I guess a miscommunication with house-keeping, we were locked out of our room at 2:20 and changed our clothes after golf at the Pete Dye course Mission Hills in lobby restroom because it was easier. We had no personnel belonging in villa since we packed car in morning before golf. Would of liked to have showered when we got back but that didn't work out. Front desk offered to have room opened so we could change but we figured room was made up early for next guests even though we were to have late check out. Other than this minor glitch out stay at The Westin Mission Hills was exceptional, Thank you for listening, Spencer Nussbaum.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

A nice place to escape the cold and stay in Palm springs
    • One Bedroom Premium Villa

Was not cleaned well..jetted tub was full of some woman's hair..carpets had not been vacuumed..

Great location, wonderful report amenities, modern updated room, two fireplaces, tons of space for two people.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

A great family resort!
    • One-Bedroom Deluxe Villa

-can hear some noise from unit above -our unit was north facing - no sun on patio -not much within walking distance

-beautiful grounds -friendly staff -spacious, updated suites -gorgeous, warm pools -lots of kid friendly activities -safe for kids -overall an excellent place to stay!

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

replace management,maids,replace pull out beds, clean the carpets more
    • One Bedroom Premium Villa

maid service, loud noises from upstairs, some of the management there is horrible,kitchen has the bear minimum very hard to cook and the pans are horrible,tv are very small, pull out bed is horrible very uncomfortable,tennis courts are very expensive to rent.its quite pricey to stay there.management is a joke when it comes to handling certain situations, but only 1 manager named Alex was top knotch with his customer service skills and solutions. we would go back only if he was there during our stay. no fire pits, duck poop everywhere, but we enjoyed the ducks.our first day there was a hair in the bathtub, hair in the kitchen, hair in the sink,

bed comfy, spa bath tub, pool, property,house keeping is quick to bring u items u request, late night pool hours, grounds are well kepted

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

Perfect room,if allergic to natural light
    • One-Bedroom Deluxe Villa

The room was very dark. No natural light. Needs lamps on at all time to see something. I called it , a second floor basement . I had ants in the bathroom and in the bed. I got bitten. I addressed the problems with the bugs and was told that they try to move me to a different room. They never got back to me. The last day the room was not serviced.No fresh towels, no coffee, bed was not made.....(They did bring me some towels and coffee after I called) $ 15.00+tax per day for parking. They gave me $100.00 of the bill for the inconvenience.

I did like the pool, the landscaping and the fact that it was quiet. Nice room layout, great furniture, good TV

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

the bed was truly heavenly.
    • One Bedroom Premium Villa

large amount of sand in entry way extending into kitchen area. no cabinet covering pipes and lines under kitchen sink

the bed was truly heavenly. Towels soft and fluffy. Staff responded immediately to concerns about sand and kitchen sink

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Clean the tub

Clean the tub

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

really enjoyed it
    • One Bedroom Premium Villa

pool was fabulous. shuttle to and from conference. Room and patio excellent

• One Bedroom Premium Villa

That there was no medical staff to assist my sick doctor on site at the location

Great place

Everything was great

I always come when is time to relax. I love to stay here.

Everything was Awesome from the 1st day of my arrival.
    • One Bedroom Premium Villa

Everything was Awesome from the 1st day of my arrival.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

The stay was perfect for what we were looking for, reasonable price, great swimming pool with slide.

The parking.

The swimming facility and water slide was great.

Family fun
    • One-Bedroom Deluxe Villa

Pool with slide was fun for the kids. Staff was great. Everyone was friendly and helpful.

Nice clean room with everthing you needed.
    • One-Bedroom Deluxe Villa

Coffee cup was not clean, looks like someone used it and put it back in the cabinet.

Nice clean room with everthing you needed. Staffs was wonderful.

My first time at westin Mission Villas

Everything was good

The easy access to the pool that was next to my villa

Location, golf cart shuttle, the pools, just a great place...
    • One-Bedroom Deluxe Villa

Location, golf cart shuttle, the pools, just a great place for some R and R for family.

Fun Holiday with family.
    • One-Bedroom Deluxe Villa

No issues, nothing to dislike.

Very nice property.

Extra parking fees.

Extra parking fees.

Loved the pools
    • One-Bedroom Deluxe Villa

The bed was really hard didn’t sleep that well

Loved the pools

All great

Nothinggreat

All great

It was very quiet and relaxing

Beds were not clean or changed. Not too clean

It was very quiet and relaxing

Very nice and comfortable

Very nice and comfortable

It was all satisfactory
    • One-Bedroom Deluxe Villa

Swimming pool is not very clean

It was all satisfactory I've decided to come again.

Room was near golf course and there was no parking.
    • One Bedroom Premium Villa

Room was near golf course and there was no parking.

Friendly staff, great sizable rooms, clean, and greatly located with lots of amenities.
    • One Bedroom Premium Villa

Nothing to me quite honest, loved my stay with you guys

I was pleasantly surprised on how big the rooms were and loved the resort type set up.

Everything was clean and staff were very friendly
    • One-Bedroom Deluxe Villa

No daily housekeeping nor did they fulfill our request

Everything was clean and staff were very friendly

True genuine friendly kind thoughtful staff in a gorgeous location. Excellent!

Wasn’t lacking anything.

Compassionate kind staff. The best ever.

I will not come back.
    • One-Bedroom Deluxe Villa

It was overcrowded. No space at the pool. No parking, although we were charged $15 a day for parking.

• One Bedroom Premium Villa

Our villas location near roadways