Reviews of The Westin Philadelphia 4 stars

#45 of 79 hotels in Philadelphia

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Loved the location, NOT worth the MONEY
    • Grand Deluxe King Room

We were put in a "handi-cap" room, no counter space in the bathroom, the bathroom door stuck all the time. It was fixed on the 2nd day of being there. For the price of the room, expected more, at least 2 Queen beds not 2 Double beds, and it said on the web site a Jacuzzi, went to get in the jacuzzi---there was a plateform built over the jacuzzi area- SO they should update thier website. Plus the SHUTTLE service wouldn't even take us to the Airport.

The location due to we werer there for a ENA Conference for work. The bridge going to the convention center was very helpful and safe. It was clean and staff was nice.

Loved it.
    • Grand Deluxe King Room

They should offer free breakfast (considering the size of the hotel). Also, the shower pressure was not ideal, but the shower itself looked great.

Perfect location, clean and very comfortable room (especially the bed). Professional staff.

Excellent central location, helpful staff, pricey parking
    • Grand Deluxe King Room

Room was just average size, pillows uncomfortable, not sure I got the deluxe room I paid for, view from room was poor

Helpful concierge, very nice lobby, front desk very helpfu, employees gave multiple suggestions for breakfast restaurant

Good service at front desk, disgraceful room maintenance, unauthorized charge after my departure.
    • Traditional Double Room

1)On Saturday night, June 16th, we wanted to get a drink at the bar. For some reason the bartender had left the bar and didn't return, so we just left after 5 minutes. 2) On Saturday we were out from 10:30am to 5:45pm. When we returned, housekeeping had not cleaned the room: dirty towels, overflowing waste baskets and we had only an hour to get dressed for dinner! 3) The shower did not work correctly. No matter how much we fiddled with the controls, only half the water came through the showerhead and the rest came out the bottom spigot. 4) At 2am Saturday morning, I was awakened from a sound sleep by a loud, drunken couple in the hall. They were in the room next door and I had to knock on their door to tell them to be quiet. 5) Two days after checkout, there was an unauthorized extra charge on my VISA bill. I was advised by the Westin operator to call the finance department to find out the nature of the charge. I got voicemail at that department with a minute's worth of instructions on what info to leave. At the end the message was, "sorry, we cannot take your voice mail because THE MESSAGE BOX IS FULL." What a disgrace! The person in charge of downloading those messages from disgruntled customers should be fired.

The pillows were wonderful and felt like down. The bed was fine,except that I got the impression that the headboard conducted sound from the adjoining room into our room. The front desk was customer friendly when I told them of the noisy neighbors and lack of housekeeping service (see below) and comped me and my friend with a free breakfast. The concierges were able to answer all questions in a friendly and informed manner.

Great hotel for a get-away weekend!
    • Premium King Room

I lost my hearing aids. Realize they were missing when I got home. I called Westin, and they were able to mail it to me. The location was very convenient for eating out at lots of great restaurants and shopping.

Terrible customer service.
    • Traditional Double Room

I found out six days after I booked that I wouldn’t be able to make this trip. I requested a cancellation but they said no. I always use the free cancellation filter and somehow this one got through that somehow but refused to refund my money. I would never recommend the Westin again.

excelent location
    • Premium King Room

the cleaning was late. the lamp have a lot of dust also the ventilation duct in the bathroom.

the bed was confortable, the bathroom has a lot of space and the location.

Perfect location to explore Philadelphia .
    • Premium King Room

Clumsy entrance with elevator to stark lobby then around the corner to guest elevators. Not difficult but also not attractive or welcoming. Did not detract from my otherwise very comfortable stay.

Perfect location to explore Philadelphia . Surrounded by restaurants, half way between museums and the historic Independence Hall area.

Staff was incredibly friendly and even upgraded us to a...
    • Traditional King Room

The bed was more comfortable than a lot of hotels but was still not the best. I did not count that against them though because I prefer a softer mattress and/or memory foam and no hotel has ever had that for me.

Staff was incredibly friendly and even upgraded us to a suite at no charge! Great location, right in the city and attached to shops and restaurants.

Comfort outside of home
    • Traditional Double Room

The fact that the junk food and wine was accessible.. I was thinking that it needed to locked up.

The bed was so comfortable.. I honestly felt like royalty...

Service are thieves and front desk was rude
    • Superior King Room

Room service stole from me! I left a wedding gift in my room and they took it for themselves. It was not a priority to them that a customer was robbed. I am still waiting to hear back from the manager. Also my minibar was not fully stocked when I arrived. At checkout they wanted to charge me for the unstocked items. Mornings were awfully loud. I hate this place!

Our stay was amazing and we'd come back any time.

The view from the room could have been better. But overall, the room was fantastic. Very clean and beautifully decorated. The bathroom was awesome (love the shower head)!

The bed was amazing! Best night's sleep I've had in a long time.

Comfortable room and bed.
    • Superior King Room

Parking was very expensive. $80 for 2 nights.

Comfortable room and bed. Dog was barking in next room and we called front desk. Our room was changed immediately. Very pleased.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Price

Price

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

Great location downtown for business and sightseeing.
    • Grand Deluxe King Room

Expensive for what it is.

Great location downtown for business and sightseeing.

Location, clean
    • Traditional Double Room

They was drilling in the middle of the night

Location, clean

A wonderful, stylish, centrally located hotel
    • Superior King Room

Nothing! It was all great.

Great location near everything, clean and glamorous, nice staff.

Bed is good.

Bed is good.

No parking
    • Traditional King Room

No parking....have to pay $41 at a public car park for 24 hours.

The bed is really comfortable.

• Grand Deluxe King Room

No replenishing coffee in room after finishing

Clean, comfortable room
    • Grand Deluxe King Room

Room service food was delish, but a bit pricey

Clean, comfortable room

Loved it and will be back

Price of drinks

Awesomely comforable

Not enough parking

Not enough parking

Clean

Clean

Comfortable room. Very clean. Great location.

Comfy bed! Nice bathroom. Faucet did leak a bit.

Can’t wait to return!
    • Traditional Double Room

Room service food quality completely sucked. Food was stale and petrified.

The bed, pillows, decor... absolutely beautiful and luxurious!

Good hotel. Good price
    • Superior King Room

Very comfortable and staff very helpful and happy faces

Didn’t use

Didn’t use

Would like some bagels, muffins, etc.
    • Traditional Double Room

Would like some bagels, muffins, etc.in morning free.

Great hotel! Very large hotel attached to great shops and food court. Excellent room!
    • Traditional King Room

Bathroom could have used an upgrade, but not terrible.

The pillows were uncomfortable.
    • Premium King Room

The pillows were uncomfortable. That is my only complaint.

The location.

The location. Accessibility to restaurants, retail stores and the fact that it is pet friendly.

bed and sheets

bed and sheets

Friendly people, great location

Parking was too expensive, few amenities included.

Great staff.

Room wasn't cold enuoght

Room wasn't cold enuoght

• Reviewed: 15 April 2016

One of the bedside lamps and the phone was not working.

One of the bedside lamps and the phone was not working. My husband reported it to the front desk. Someone came to the room, within the hour, and had them working again.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2016

The location was excellent.

The location was excellent. I traveled to participate in the Philly Love Run. It was close to the start and in the center of great shopping area. Staff was extremely friendly and accommodating of my request for a late check out. Room was fresh, clean and well appointed. My room was quiet and peaceful. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable. Overall a great stay and I would definitely consider staying there again.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2016

booking .com screwed up my booking. originally I booked one room then some days later modified it to two rooms, but westin had no record of the additional room. I had to pay a higher price than quoted on booking.com website, so really you are a bit of a con , guys.

• Reviewed: 20 March 2016

Very nice location and comfortable room

Didn't like having to take 2 different elevators. One to get up to the lobby, then walk all the way through the bar to take the 2nd one up to the rooms. Didn't like being charged $14.95 a day for WIFI, even McDonald's has FREE WIFI.

Very nice location and comfortable room

• Reviewed: 8 March 2016

I felt that the staff could have done a better job of going...

I felt that the staff could have done a better job of going out of the way to make a guest feel welcome. I didnt really see signs of respect represented when I checked in. The bellmen/doormen seemed like they didnt know what they were doing. The werent occupied with doing their jobs. I called prior to my arrival and the concierge was particularlly rude on the phone with regards to my question. I felt rushed on the phone. I honestly think that this is a beautiful hotel but I think a better job should be done at orientation or teaching the welcoming staff to do a better job of doing so. I am not sure if I would come to this hotel again.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2016

The hotel staff was very accommodating and friendly.

The hotel staff was very accommodating and friendly. I felt welcomed from the minute I set foot in the hotel lobby. This was the best staff I have ever encountered at a hotel before! I travel often and would 100% here again! One thing that I personally took a liking to was that I did not feel rushed out of the hotel during checkout. The hotel staff offered to summon my car for me but I respectfully declined! Overall, this is fantastic hotel, terrific staff, and a truly wonderful experience!

• Reviewed: 17 February 2016

The aesthetic of the hotel was very nice.

We communicated to the staff that a rodent of sort rummaged through our bags that were being held at the hotel while we waited for our check in time. A poor "so sorry to hear that" was shared even when we mentioned that we had to throw our specialty treats that we had purchased for our stay.

The aesthetic of the hotel was very nice. Seemed open, updated, and inviting.

• Reviewed: 7 February 2016

The staff were very helpful from checking in last minute to...

We enjoyed every second of our time.

The staff were very helpful from checking in last minute to finding the dinner reservation we were looking for. The hotel was quiet during the evening and we slept really well.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2016

Our overall stay was absolutely delightful.

Our overall stay was absolutely delightful. We were actually snowed in for the huge blizzard, and the staff was very helpful in finding things to do and having information about what places were open in Philadelphia city center.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2015

Cleanliness, location, and rooms up to date.

Pillows uncomfortable would suggest a comfortable harder foam pillow or as an extra pillow to choose your preference.

Cleanliness, location, and rooms up to date.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2015

Nice room, good location within city and linked with...

Ate at restaurant - staff less than attentive (we had to go to the main desk to find someone to seat us) Though our booking was for a 3PM arrival, our room wasn't ready.

Nice room, good location within city and linked with shopping.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2015

Really very clean.

Really very clean. Staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. Super comfy bed and a lovely shower with a choice of two different heads. Very close to several attractions, shopping, and eating.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2015

Staff was great.

Need places to hang towels and better coffee in rooms. Others got free breakfasts -not us!

Staff was great. We were inadvertently blocked in by Secret Service and had rooms for WE outside the City! So understanding- made great memories and stories.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2015

Nothing. Everything was perfect

Great location. Easy walk to restaurants shopping and public transportation. Clean, comfortable spacious rooms, very quiet. All staff were friendly and helpul. I will definitely stay at this property again

• Reviewed: 8 October 2015

Every employee with whom I came in contact was earnest and...

Every employee with whom I came in contact was earnest and helpful. Upon my asking, a doorman outside gave me great tips and places for parking. Registration people were friendly and attentive.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2015

The room, it seemed dirty, housekeeping had left their cleanjng supplies in the bathroom, there were old stinky drinks in the refrigerator which did not seem to be working, and the sheets kept coming off the mattress

• Reviewed: 4 October 2015

The hotel was in a great location and still a decent price.

Had to pay extra for wifi access and one of my shoes disapeared after housekeeping came the first day. Tried talking to management about it and following up with them after our stay, but they have essentially dodged us for a month. Then housekeeping didn't even come our second day of staying there. I'm not one to normally complain, but seriously how does your shoe go missing?

The hotel was in a great location and still a decent price.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2015

Staff and customer service was terrible.

Staff and customer service was terrible. I had a female treat me with the most disrespect and she also gave me false information multiple times. Causing me to financially not be comfortable

• Reviewed: 9 September 2015

good central location close to restaurants and shopping

Phoned the establishment to request a rollaway bed 4 days in advance. Not in room when we arrived and took nearly two hours to deliver. We had two rooms which had obviously been blocked for us since they were connecting, so no reason bed could not have been delivered in advance.

good central location close to restaurants and shopping

• Reviewed: 8 September 2015

Check in was awful.

Check in was awful. It was a busy weekend however they told people their rooms would be ready in 15 minutes and they would call. Waited over two hours after that and no one ever called!

• Reviewed: 6 September 2015

Friendly staff

some prior guest had drunk the wine in minbar and refilled w water and the hotel did not catch it - gross! Dry cleaning promised by 6 pm arrived at nearly 7 pm

Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 9 August 2015

The location of the hotel was great.

Breakfast service in the hotel was below average. The breakfast pricing was ridiculously high.

The location of the hotel was great. The rooms were very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 22 July 2015

Gerri at the concierge is AMAZING!

There was a roach big enough to carry me strutting across the bar floor. The water pipes squeal loud enough to wake you and the bed squeaks every time you roll over.

Gerri at the concierge is AMAZING!!!! She was on point with every recommendation. She is warm, friendly, professional, and informative.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2015

Pleasant, friendly, centrally located.

Each day key to room would not work. Had to go to get reauthorized. Could not get radio in the room to work on the FM channel, lamp next to radio impossible to turn on, lights in bathroom lovely and bright, room lighting, especially by the chair, too dim and hard to read by. Needed a heat lamp and fan in bathroom to make the bathroom perfect.

Pleasant, friendly, centrally located. Food court offered many lunch options. By and large, a good value for the money,

• Reviewed: 9 June 2015

I have forget my passport and some cash in the save after I...

Fee for the Internet

I have forget my passport and some cash in the save after I chick out than I call and get back to hotel and find every thingsas is . Thanks for staff The location of the hotel is very good

• Reviewed: 24 May 2015

Excellent location.

Excellent location. Very helpful staff, especially at the front desk. Beds were comfortable, and rooms were clean. No complaints. What more can one ask for?

• Reviewed: 22 May 2015

The friendliness and courtesy of everyone we dealt with was...

The friendliness and courtesy of everyone we dealt with was the best I have ever experienced. From the Valet people, front desk, food service, room all get a 10 from me and my wife

• Reviewed: 20 April 2015

The hotel room design reflected the historical context of...

Not really a bad experience but I was surprised that staff didn't restock the bath room accessories and replace the used glasses.

The hotel room design reflected the historical context of Philadelphia. I liked the accent chair with pillow with Benjamin Franklin's spectacles as a design feature.

• Reviewed: 19 April 2015

Most everything but one--see next box.

I have yet to hear from the hotel about my recovery of the state and local taxes: I gave the manager my exemption form.

Most everything but one--see next box.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2015

Location, amenities, fabulous condition

Paid wifi. C'mon - you went to the trouble to put it in. Charge everyone a couple more dollars and include it. Bed a bit too firm.

Location, amenities, fabulous condition

• Reviewed: 3 February 2015

Shower was great and bed very comfy.

Ice machine on my floor didn't work

Shower was great and bed very comfy. I could never afford to stay at this place but got a great deal on this website. We stayed in a $230 room for 100.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2015

Can't beat the area of this hotel if you like to eat and...

Can't beat the area of this hotel if you like to eat and drink. The bartender at the lobby bar was super cool and funny. Very nice place overall for the price.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2015

It's fabulous location for Chestnut street for shopping,...

It's fabulous location for Chestnut street for shopping, only 0.5 mile from the river side jogging path, 4 miles jogging alongside the river away from all the cars to the Art Museum and the Park, close to get a rental bike, near by everything you really want in Philly if you are a sporty, active person!!!!

• Reviewed: 27 January 2015

The concierge was amazing with helping us find a restaurant...

No free wifi :(

The concierge was amazing with helping us find a restaurant near by to celebrate my birthday at. She even sent a gift to my room when she heard I was here for my birthday! So wonderful. All of the staff was extremely friendly and helpful and always asked how my birthday was going as I came and went. Great experience!

• Reviewed: 27 January 2015

Beautiful, modern, clean, great location.

Beautiful, modern, clean, great location. My husband and I got away for two days and couldn't have been happier about the Westin! Great deal on the room. We were taken back by how nice the hotel was! Made our mini get away that much better! Loved the hotels modern yet cozy decor. Super clean and comfortable room. We will definitely be staying here again!

• Reviewed: 27 January 2015

Staff was very nice and accommodated all my needs.

I thought they had a pool but they didn't.

Staff was very nice and accommodated all my needs. Hotel was very nice and clean. My took was set up very nice and clean and the bed was very comfortable. It was very peaceful I didn't hear any unnecessary noise from the hallway or other rooms.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2015

Location, nice lobby bar

I remember when the Westin was built and it was the best in town. It is a great hotel but it could use a like touch up for nicks and style in the rooms. Please don't get me wrong it is still a top notch hotel.

Location, nice lobby bar

• Reviewed: 20 January 2015

From our first interaction, the Westin staff was friendly...

We had a short delay upon check in but the staff was responding to our request for adjoining rooms. The 30 minute extra wait time was well worth it!

From our first interaction, the Westin staff was friendly and accommodating! They went out of their way to make our family feel welcome. The hotel was comfortable and clean and the location was perfect for lots of sightseeing. The rooms were spotless, generously sized, and nicely decorated. The Westin Philadelphia made our family getaway memorable! Although some have complained about the high valet parking price ($51), the bellman earned every dollar. This price provides in and our parking privileges and the staff even returned to our car to retrieve our umbrella. Please note a cheaper option exists in the mall adjacent to the hotel but does not have the same in/out privileges. We cannot wait to return!

• Reviewed: 8 May 2016

Staff were very helpful

Staff were very helpful

• Reviewed: 1 May 2016

Friendly staff, well decorated and good location.

Friendly staff, well decorated and good location.

There are also 51 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.