Reviews of The Westin San Francisco Airport 4 stars

1 Old Bayshore Highway, Millbrae, CA 94030, USA

#2 of 7 hotels in Millbrae

4.8

• Traditional Room

Parking! We did park one hour at the first day, then we saw the pricing and did not park there anymore. By checking out we had to pay for 3 nights parking 30$ a night! so 90$ for not parking there, they told us its a extern company so they had to charge every night. Its REDICULOUS! Im very curious if i get my money back now. They told us they have to read out the parking machine, come on its 2018.. Everything goes digital. Especially in this luxurous hotel. You can park one block up ahead without costs! 100m walk.

nice rooms. good cleaning

• Traditional Room

It could have been cleaner, people not too friendly, parking was 30$ on the parking lot.

Upset that my flight was cancelled and didn't arrive until 8:30 the next day. Airline misplaced my luggage, hotel didn't even let me know when it arrived. Food too pricy.

• Traditional Room

The only irritant were the bell boys. Did not really help with our extensive luggage, gave half hearted info & were always hankering after ‘graduity’.

Superb front office staff, superb location, excellent room allotted only on personal request at front desk. Everything worked well

• Traditional Room

Actually, this is the 2nd time here; that's why I know I will be satisfied With their services! Wasn't able to use the gym n pool this time! Running out of time!

• Traditional Room

Wifi was only for purchase, which was very surprised I haven't been in hotel for last several years in states not to have free access ( could have been slower than offered paid), but on this level hotel they should provide it free.

Central AC makes it very quite room, no plane sound even though you are almost right on airport. Comfortable bed, big shower head.

• Executive Suite

I rented a presidential suite and my family stayed in the room while I was running errands. It’s was very hot in the room, the air conditioning was not working. I called as soon as I got back to the hotel and took a while to fix it. They should have made sure everything was working before letting guest use it. My guest asked if I got the hotel room ina discounted rate because the air condition was broken, no free WiFi In the room . I did t even get like ka 50% off for the inconvenience.

The rooms are clean

• Traditional Room

The staff were friendly but our only complaint was that we requested an early wake up call to catch our flight but we did not get a wake up call.

The bed and linen were very good quality and we had a great sleep. Loved the closeness to the airport and the shuttle driver was very friendly.

• Traditional Room

The bed was comfortable. I had dinner and breakfast in the restaurant, both were very good. The staff is very personable. I enjoyed a morning walk on the Bay trail across the street.

• Traditional Room

I arrived late night and found out they were overbooked after confirming my reservation numerous times 3 weeks prior. They compensated me for a free night at their other hotel Aloft but I was charged for 3 nights instead if 2 and will have to dispute this charge and now have to take time to get this corrected. Don't get me started on Aloft experience! Don't know yet why I was charged $50 when all I did was charge one bottle of Aquafina but it may be a room cleaning charge. Is that not included in the cost of my room? Additionally I had the pleasure of cleaning people bring their children to work while one child was whining for a very ling time..constant slamming cabinet doors. While I feel sorry the cleaning staff have to bring their children with them it must be torture for their children to have to be there all day! I am sympathetic to their situation but the hotel should go one step further and provide a supervised area where these children can play and be kept safely occupied! That would be a creative step on Starwood hotel's part! On my way now to get my erroneous hotel charges fixed!

• Traditional Room

sorry...just put my whole review above

Had to ask for water 2-3 times each time. Included as an SPG member but the response time was poor. Rooms were very dingy. Refrigerator looks like it saw better days back in the 90s! Nice to have a refrigerator, however, but had to call maintenance to turn it on. For $350/night should be much nicer

• Traditional Room

Everything except Starbucks.... poor Latte Person there was less than good....zero personality and a monkey could make better coffee..When you pay $3.50 up for coffee you want a great cup with a smile not a frowned and you certainly want someone that can speak the language I get rid of that woman soon see below

• Traditional Room

I needed an airport pickup. I mentioned it in my booking.com reservation , I tried calling them , sent an email. no response to any mode of communication. When I went to the hotel they show me a schedule of the shuttle. It would be useful only if I knew that before hand not after reaching there by uber.

Overall good hotel.Close to the airport.

• Traditional Room

Rooms weren’t very clean. Customer service sucked. Parking is very expensive. Also the employees don’t even seem like they like to work there. All around I would give them a 1 star rating out of 5.

It has a free shuffle for the airport

• Traditional Room

Wonderful relaxing Mothers' day weekend, front desk check in was awesome asked me if I wanted a room with a view or does it matter? I asked if the view was extra he said no and then I said why not? View was awesome, took a walk down the pathway across from the hotel. Awesome stay!

• Traditional Room

The staff was incredibly welcoming and so hospitable. We had been travelling for 20+ hours and were exhausted. The staff really made us feel right at home.

Nothing to complain about

We needed to spend a night in SF on transit to Hawaii and this was perfect. Free shuttle from the airport which takes 10 mins to get you to the hotel. Hotel receptionist was very friendly and helpful, and so were the waiters at the restaurant. Room was clean and comfortable which really helps to get over jet lag!

• Traditional Room

Phone lines were down so when we arrived late 2am and needed some room service was stressful actually had to go to reception in my pyjamas to order it and the only compensation was a bottle of water...

Comfortable bed and quiet staff friendly enough. Due to the phone line problem we were allowed free internet use

• Traditional Room

One of the hotel staff made us lattes herself when we asked about a nearby place to get coffee!! She didn’t have to do that but went out of her way to be kind! That’ made our visit! 👍

• Traditional Room

Free shuttle from airport every 20/30 minutes. Only 5 minutes drive from airport. Great renovated room. Great bar and restaurant. Check the rates. They fluctuate quite a bit. Walking distance to in and out burger :) Nice waterfront walking path outside hotel. Great after a long flight. Sixt car rental at the property- very handy.

• Traditional Room

Compared to other Westin Hotels this is by far the worst i’ve ever been. I had done a reservation for friday to sunday and as there was delay i called to let them know i would only arrive saturday 3 am, they made me feel like i was doing something illegal by arriving that late. Same at Check in. The gym is Not really nice. When you work out and want to listen to music at same time it Blocks constante y and goes in Pause Modus everything is charged separately and btw very expensive ( Wi-fi, sauna, breakfast, parking,a bottle of water,...) i needed parking and there was no place left, full of Cars Tv Not good and remote dont work properly Located next to Airport, very loud

• Traditional Room

The room was very noisy, especially when the refrigerator and air conditioner cut in. Both myself and my wife didn't get much sleep because of the noise.

• Deluxe Bay View Room

We had to wait quite a while to get checked in due to so many people checking in at the same time. The first room we got smelled like someone had been smoking, but they changed us to another room. It all just took extra time and it was late already.

The staff were very accommodating!! And friendly! The location to the airport was perfect!!

• King Room with Two Double Beds

there is no wifi in the room and u have to pay $30 for parking, it is not worth $250 we pay per night

so normal, but the price is high - $25 for breakfast but it is not worth it

• Traditional Room

The first front desk staff that checked us in didn’t give us the proper room, didn’t explain the amenities or general care about our existence (seemed to be oincredibly shakey during checkin). When our room cards randomly stopped working, we went down and explained we just used the athletic center and now our cards didn’t work - the second front desk individual was super short with us and dismissive.

Beds were excellent, the food at the restaurant was delicious and everything was clean. Evelyn (front desk) was super accommodating and sincerely courteous. Chase (restaurant) was funny and attentive to our needs.

• Traditional Room

The noise. Because the hotel is next to the airport, if you have a room on the side of the runway, it will be very loud. I asked to move to another room and reception immediately took care of this request.

The staff on duty at breakfast was exceptional. Every single staff member was friendly and very helpful. The food was outstanding with the best coffee ever. Will, a waiter at breakfast, remembered each day what food I liked and brought it to me without having to ask. The Westin hotel is fantastic because they hire people like Will, who are professional and personable. Great job, Westin. Will should be in a supervisory role if he isn't already. I will come back to the Westin. Without question.

• Traditional Room

The indoor swimming pool was part-time with what appeared to be several party type gatherings. The next morning, before check-in was better.

Location was great for our needs.

• Traditional Room

Had to pay for internet. High price for parking car $30/night self, $40/night for Valet. Very long corridor to room.

comfortable room and nice bathroom, Good breakfast. Pet friendly with grass to walk the dog.

• King Room with Two Double Beds

I reserved 4 rooms with 2 beds. I only got 1 room with 2 beds and the rest with 1 king. That was the only thing we didn't enjoy, especially when traveling with children.

Their customer service was great!

• Traditional Room

Always a wait at reception. A hotel this size should have more than 2 front desk agents. $30 a day parking fee is extortionate for those not using the lot as long-term airport parking.

Room, nice bed

• Traditional Room

Check in took longer than expected, breakfast buffet was not refilled quickly.

Was convenient, close to airport, shuttle was free. Beds were comfortable and room was clean.

• Traditional Room

Noise in the halls and from the big jets taking off, but that's a payoff for staying close to airport. Used the Green option but getting the voucher to use for $5 off a day was only left once. We could've used the $15 (3 nights) at lunch downstairs.

Absolutely loved the real gym: great updated equipment (i.e. Peloton bike, but you need to have 2 of these), TRX, kettle bells. FRANK at the front desk was a joy and wonderfully helpful. Room was very comfortable. Loved the gentle but strong shower. Very clean. Like the Green option to skip cleaning service and save resources for points.

• Traditional Room

Leaving the parking lot was not easy. I paid for parking, but the first time I tried to leave, I had to call the parking attendant to let me out. The next time, I was trying to catch an early flight to the airport and the gate didn't go up. No one answered the parking lot help line, finally an employee said drive around to the other gate.

• Traditional Room

Had to use coin-op laundry facility, and it was in the Aloft branded partner hotel next door, but the staff made it as painless as possible.

Friendly and helpful staff. Facilities were extremely clean and classy. For the price it was amazing. Free Airport shuttle.

• King Room with Two Double Beds

Mix up at check in. Staff very unpleasant. Smell in first room like smoke particularly from armchair. Second room no better. Decor very drab and worn out looking. Constant gurgling , whooshing noise from fridge, very evident when trying to sleep. Noticed stain on sheets this morning like spots of blood. General appearance of bed linen worn, dull and discoloured, not brilliant white as it should be. Overall very disappointed, expected a lot more from a chain like the Westin. Very bad value for money.

• Traditional Room

Loud, crowded, couldn’t enjoy amenities without children screaming, splashing and using profanity. sorority event kept us up all night. first time we called room service they told us nothing we wanted was available.

• Traditional Room

Parking is $30 a day for the Westin. The Loft sister property right next door charges $20 for parking.

Very clean and modern rooms. Nice view overlooking the SFO flight line but did not hear any outside noise at all. Nice bed & pillows. Slept well to prepare for an early flight departure. Good value room for the money. Will definitely stay here again. Highly recommend.

• Traditional Room

This hotel is great. My only regret is that we didn't get to stay longer.

We got there early and check in was no problem at all. Hotel and room were immaculate. The bed was so comfortable, I hated that our flight was so early, as I could have slept alot longer. The shuttle to the airport was on time and the driver was able to accomodate every person in line.

• King Room with Two Double Beds

Booked two rooms via Booking.com, only one available at check-in (despite my emailing both Booking.com and the hotel to say it wasn't a duplicate, I wanted two rooms). Hotel arranged 2nd room but charged me more. Told the front desk, they said they would fix it. They didn't, my card was charged the higher rate. Also got charged for wifi, which they said would be credited back on checkout. Checked out at 5am, shuttle bus arrived full. Had to take Uber to airport.

Quiet hotel, clean and spacious rooms. Staff very polite. Really good restaurant and food.

• Traditional Room

Room was very noisy , I was put next to the Elevators , so you could here them all day and night , I would expect a hotel of this calibre to have better sound insulation between elevator shafts and bedrooms.

food was good , staff friendly.

I have no complaints!

I loved everything about this hotel. They pay a lot of attention to detail. They have great amenities. My son loves the indoor pool because let’s fave it kids love swimming regardless of the time of year.

• Traditional Room

The Noise level in the room - Worse/POOR! I could hear workers talking, people walking in the hallway, talking in the next room. Obviously, the insulation is POOR. I will never stay at this property, nor will I recommend this property for this reason.

The bed was so comfortable, room was clean.

• Traditional Room

I checked in at 10pm because of a late flight looking forward to having something to eat since I had been flying all day. The menu in my room said I could order room service until 11pm and then a limited snack menu from 11pm to 6am. When I called at 10:45pm I was told they were done delivering for the night and they suggested I call out for a pizza. I decided to just go to bed. I put out my breakfast request on my door at 11pm. It is due by midnight. I woke up in the morning and my breakfast card was still on my door. Alas..no breakfast was delivered. So I checked out and found my meal somewhere else.

The bed is the best! The room is very confortable.

• Traditional Room

The booking indicated that I could pay at the property, and I was planning to pay by cash to avoid currency exchange. However, I was charged to my credit card before I arrived, and it could not be fixed.

I was offered free wifi service during the second day when I told them I am a SPG member. I was charged for all my past stay as I didn't know about this benefit.

• Traditional Room

Too noisy, the house keeping ladies have no respect to guesta2, shouting in the corridor while passing several times while DND sign was hanged on the door, and when clean the room next to mine making lots of noise, I think they were trying to wake me up!!!

• Traditional Room

Free Wi-Fi only in lobby. Expected double bed and got one king bed.

Great location. Helpful staff. Easy access to airport. Very comfortable bed. Quick room service for rollaway bed

• Traditional Room

I hate that I have to pay for Wifi. I hate that we have to pay to use the business center & I did not like the TV did not have HBO. The hotel price wasn't bad & other hotels build in the cost of Wifi/Business center/HBO in hotel fee. So not sure what is best. The bed was little too firm for my liking

Location was nice, across from a park and great view of plane landing. The shuttle to BART and airport was great. The place looked nice and bathroom amenities were of good quality & there was a bathroom which is always nice

• Traditional Room

Other guests were extremely inconsiderate. Slamming doors and drunk rambling from 2-5am.

Staff and room were perfect. Other guests made our stay a horrible night but obviously that’s out of the hotel’s hands.

• Traditional Room

Charging extra for the internet ($15) is not good as so many other hotels include it in their price. Since we had to pay for parking and meals, we will stay at Aloft, which is right next door as they have free internet in the rooms.

• Traditional Room

Overnight parking for 30 € was a bit expensive. Gym was not as well-equipped as you could expect from this large and high-quality hotel.

High-quality hotel right next to SFO airport. Shuttle to the airport every 15 minutes ( I didn't test).

• Traditional Room

I parked outside the hotel and walked 150 yards in order not to pay $ 30.00 for parking. My stay at Westin left me with a bad taste because of that I don’t think I will use that Hotel again. The embassy Suites is free parking. That makes a big difference.

The coffe in the room

• Traditional Room

I love the healthy options for eating, great exercise room, very quiet, comfortable bed. Very convenient to get to the rental car drop-off in the morning before my flight.

• Traditional Room

The room service is VERY expensive.

They allowed us to have early check in which was EXACTLY what we needed after the 14 hour flight home from Singapore! Nice to just come back and go to sleep!

• Traditional Room

They charged 10.00 for Wi-Fi for one device when most hotels are free and included.

Shuttle service ran every 15 minutes to the airport, really convenient.

• Traditional Room

The receptionist (i forget her name) was unhelpful and lazy. The hotel room decor is drab as drab can be. The dine in room food we ordered was disgusting. The kiddies spaghetti with broccoli and chicken should be hastily removed from the menu - its shocking. As is the dried out chicken and disgusting mushroom dish - it smelled and tasted awful.

The early morning cranola and fruit platter was great. And of course check out time .... :-)

• Traditional Room

Would recommend putting more soap in room for shower use ran out of soap between me and my children. Also a minus for us were the beds, they were very small.

Bed was very comfortable. Price of hotel very good! Room air conditioner very nice.

• Traditional Room

Tea and milk supplies in the room were insufficient; the movies were expensive; the restaurant and room service were good quality but expensive.

The pool was excellent, we were able to check in early, given adjoining rooms and a late checkout time, the room rate was good.

• Traditional Room

WFI should be included with room, just an observation.

Have stayed at the Westin several times over the years always very clean, and professional staff.

• Traditional Room

Nothing, really. Yes, it is an added expense after buying an air ticket BUT by arriving the night before the flight, my whole day is more comfortable on the day of the flight.

location location location This hotel is convenient for early morning flights from SFO. The beds are comfortable and the rooms are quiet. A snack at the bar is a perfect way to end the day before heading to bed.

• Traditional Room

Nothing was bad. It was exactly what we expected from a Westin

All of the hotel services were performed well, bed was comfortable and personnel were friendly and helpful.

• Traditional Room

When I checked in late evening around 11pm my room key card didn’t work, so I had to come back downstairs to get a new one made. In addition, late night room service menu was printed with wrong info and they were out of a quite a few items on the menu as well. The guest service express individual on the phone wasn’t very apologetic at all, which didn’t make me feel like a ‘valued’ guest, especially after a long day of traveling.

Close proximity to the airport. The lobby was very appealing.

• Deluxe Bay View Room

I just wish it was closer to the mall. But everything else was amazing! Loved it!

The Westin experience was wonderful! Every staff member went above my expectations, None of our concerns were ignored. Everyone seemed happy and just so helpful. I will be back. Great service!

• Traditional Room

had problems with Room services (item not cooked properly and the salad was dressed with wrong dressing- they did refund me). Also I wanted to have a glass of wine but was told "no one is answering the bar"-the next day, while waiting for the shuttle, I mentioned this to a staff only to be told that there was a "football game yesterday"- I found the staff "off"-Another example was when I was asked how my stay was, I started to discuss my stay only to be interrupted by "I was not asking about your stay here- I was asking about your stay in SanFrancisco"- Just unprofessional and obviously not customer oriented- I will not be going there next time- Hyatt is apparently better...

I liked the gym- the elliptical and treadmill were very modern and new, place was clean and earphones were provided. In the room,( which was a larger type of room as was the bathroom), very clean, comfortable, water bottles free of charge. I had asked for a quiet room which it mostly was except for the occasional plane which I could hear. Having stayed in other hotels at airports (Munich and Toronto) where I did not hear anything, I found this disappointing but "not a deal breaker"

• Traditional Room

The greeting staff at the front desk were not the most patient when I asked questions, which I did not appreciate especially as I was a visitor to San Francisco. Also there were construction workers on Level 4 where my room was who were cursing in the hallways. I should also have been asked if I would be comfortable staying on a floor where renovation was taking place before I assigned a room there.

The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was clean and nicely decorated. The view was nice as well. The attendant at the Service phone line was very pleasant and informative. She also remembered to give me a wake up call for the airport.

• Traditional Room

We asked for spg upgrade and were put on a floor with noisy guests, children running the hall, and view of arrival area rather than Bay. Also the floor was undergoing painting. We had to weave our way through many cleaning carts to get to our room. Then the cleaning staff had an argument outside our door. Noise from airplanes taking off and landing not muted as advertised. Lack of towels and amenities in the room which needed to be requested. The desk clerk was not pleasant when there was an error on my reservation (name) good thing I had confirmation number. Way off Westin standards. Very disappointed.

Comfortable bed

• Traditional Room

Paying for parking on top of the room fee.

We had flown all night, so all we wanted was a comfortable bed. We did find that at the Westin. Check-in was easy and the room and bathroom were very nice, spacious and clean.

• Traditional Room

I thought the parking and restaurant were very overpriced for the value I received, food was so, so and had to walk pretty far for parking that was expensive

The bed was incredible, comfortable with very nice comforter and pillows, the shower was amazing with great water pressure and shower head, and very nice fluffy towels. Very close to the SFO airport

• Traditional Room

The room could have been a little larger for the price, and the housekeeping can be a little pushy in making sure that you are leaving the room, so they could clean. Other than that, this hotel is one of the best for its location and price point.

As with all Westins, comfort is their bread and butter. The mattresses and pillows are world-class. A good refrigerator (for keeping cold milk for babies) and quality coffee in the room is a luxury. At this price point with the location, amenities (with available 24/7 spa and gym at nearby Aloft property next door & 24/7 in-room service menu) and facilities are a no-brainer for this location. Great for solo, couple and family travelers alike.

• Traditional Room

For such a nice hotel as the Westin, I was disappointed that they charge for WiFi access. I really feel that in this modern day age hotels should refrain from charging guests for internet services. It was $9,95 for 24-hour unlimited access. That being said, the WiFi was excellent and very fast. The air conditioning unit in the room made a bit of noise from time to time.

Enjoyed a very pleasant stay at the Westin San Francisco Airport. The hotel is very close to San Francisco Airport and they provide a complimentary shuttle service, which runs approximately every 20 minutes. It takes about 10-15 minutes to reach the airport. The Staff at the Westin was very friendly, welcoming and helpful. The room was very nice and although the walls and carpets looked a bit dated, the furniture and room amenities were great. The bed, linens and cushions were very comfortable. Despite the hotel being so close to the airport (it literally overlooks the airport), I never heard any aircraft landing or taking-off. I would certainly not hesitate to stay at the Westin again as it was a very enjoyable experience.

Cost, and choices

If we wanted a restaurant outside the motel it would cost us to either park again or take a taxi or bus. Every transportation was an additional expense. We ate in the motel and the grill and vine which the good was good but not much choices.

• Traditional Room

Rooms were comfortable but it was a bit noisy all night with planes coming and going, I slept like a log, my daughter didn't. I would stay here again, had supper downstairs and it was the best steak dinner ever....really enjoyed it.

• Traditional Room

We were told we could leave vehicle for 6 days, however could not figure out how to navigate long-term parking which was managed by an outside company (not Westin)? Westin staff not helpful, ended up parking at Anza!

• Traditional Room

Charges for parking were outrageous. $7.50 for ten minutes in the parking lot?

Staff were very considerate. Room was very comfortable. Internet worked well. Shuttle service was excellent.

• Deluxe Bay View Room

Shuttle bus timetable seems a little bit more random than advertised. Restaurant not great for dinner but great for breakfast.

Pleasant rooms, close to airport, on site car hire

• Traditional Room

Restaurant staff were apparently unable to raise the temperature in the restaurant. The air conditioner had the restaurant at a horribly cold 64 degrees. Very difficult to enjoy dinner, when freezing..

• Traditional Room

Everything was about charges . They charged for WiFi and even second round of coffee in the room and using the business centre. The charges they ask for is high and nowadays rather uncommon wheb a lot of other hotels similar rates wouldn’t charge