Reviews of The Park Central San Francisco 4 stars

#102 of 265 hotels in San Francisco

Based on 2035 hotel reviews

5.9

• Reviewed: 22 October 2018

Room was clean, comfortable with a fab view.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

Wifi didn’t work properly whilst we were there, otherwise great

Room was clean, comfortable with a fab view. Such a great location if you like walking most places!

• Reviewed: 19 October 2018

Sorry but I would not consider staying here again and could not refer others as well.
    • Traditional King Room

Honestly, the bar was not equipped with supplies needed for drinks and no food but breakfast was served. What if you wanted some foods during the day. There is no sauna or steam and we feel that it totally necessary when paying this kind of money for the room.

The location was very good, close to stores and restaurants, thank goodness.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2018

The buffet was large and good.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There was MOLD all over the ceiling in the bathroom and the bathroom stunk of humidity after 1 shower. There is no ventilation. Beware because this can be deadly for those who are allergic to mold. I have photos to evidence this. Super disappointing for such an expensive rate to have to deal with mold and doubt if the rest of the room was clean.

The buffet was large and good. Expensive for what it is though. The staff were nice and friendly. The location is excellent.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Great city and hotel in a good location.
    • Traditional King Room

Not much to dislike. there was one morning where the cleaners were a bit too anxious to clean the room. there was a bit of confusion on check in. we had two rooms booked but they were only giving us one room until I said to the girl dealing with us. It got sorted fairly quickly.

The Hotel is in a good location. The rooms are spacious and clean. The staff friendly. The bar area is out of the way which means you can have a drink without being bothered by guests coming and going.

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Super helpful and friendly front desk staff (Asian lady I...
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Super helpful and friendly front desk staff (Asian lady I believe), with smooth check-in and offered fast on convenience store, plus offered us some complimentary bottle water. Room was spacious (better than expected) and clean too.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

Upon checking out I was informed that I only paid for one...
    • Grand Deluxe King Room

Upon checking out I was informed that I only paid for one night through the booking. Could you verify that I did not pay you for two nights. I thought the reservation was paid for two nights. Thanks.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Big, clean, comfortable, great views, friendly staff, superb location but lacking a few details
    • Traditional King Room

There wasn't a guest directory in the room and I wasn't told to dial 0 to speak to the operator so I had to go to the lobby to check on things like extended checkout, where the ice machines were, to request extra towels and other general information. The TV was great with a good selection of channels, however it did have intermittent sound issues. Having stayed in 4 hotels previously around California we got used to having USB charging sockets everywhere and we missed them here - nowadays everyone has iphones, tablets and kindles etc and having USB sockets makes things much easier.

The room was large and very comfortable with a lovely huge window with a great view. It was very clean and well presented The gym was good, nice and quiet when I went on the Sunday morning. The bar was fine, a typical hotel bar but had some good beers on tap. The staff were very friendly and smiley, check in and check out was straightforward. Fantastic location just off Market Street, close to BART, Streetcars, Cablecars and buses. Within easy walking distance of the Ferry Building and Union Square. Simple bus or streetcar journey to Mission.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Not happy with the room, it was musty and old

Not happy with the room, it was musty and old I was caught out on the American hotel charges. I would have preferred this to be included in the advertised price

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Staff was really great but overall the hotel seemed just ok and not worth the money we paid
    • Premium Corner King Room

The hotel did not receive our reservation from Booking.com. Waited a long time to get our rooms and had to sit in the bar while things got resolved. No refrigerator in room. Room in general was just ok, nothing to write home about and certainly not worth $6k. Restaurant and bar were pretty average.

Fitness facility was very nice. Staff was extremely helpful resolving conflicts. Proximity to Dreamforce was awesome - Moscone was almost right outside the front door. Lots of great restaurants and shopping around the immediate area.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

the location and the view from the window
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

the staff, impolite and careless. we have been treated very badly from the concierge, as well as from some other components of the staff. After several disappointing comments, we explained it at the reception. the staff there took little care of this and promised points on the Marriott Reward program. Thing which has never been happened. Coherence and hosting basic behaviour are everything where many other hotels could offer same service, even for less money.

the location and the view from the window

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

A great hotel to serve as base camp for San Francisco adventures!

There was a minor issue with the a/c in my room but it was addressed quickly.

I had a great city view from a high floor. The staff was great. The room was very clean and comfortable. Free bottled water in the room was a nice touch.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Great location, nice and clean room
    • Traditional King Room

The sheets on the bed should be better. They should be using a higher thread count. Hotel parking should be cheaper though we park just across the street which is half the price.

The room and bathroom is nice, clean and large. We had a great stay and location is accessible to anything. Staff are friendly. They even upgraded us to a higher floor.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Comfortable stay in central location
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

Given the cost of the accommodation, breakfast should be included. It is also a drawback not to have room service especially after an 11 hour flight when all you want to do is just relax and not have to go out again. Staff were a little hit and miss, some really friendly, others just doing their job!

This hotel is very centrally located within 2/3 minutes of Union Square. The room was clean, spacious and comfortable. We were really surprised at how peaceful it was in the hotel room at night. We expected noise from the traffic on the street but we slept like a log, and heard absolutely nothing. Tip: book a queen size room, it is the equivalent of a standard double.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Definitely does Not live up to Business Hotel standard. Very disappointing.
    • Traditional King Room

For the price and business hotel rating, we expected basic amenities toothbrush, proper coffee or tea cups not Styrofoam, a small hotwater kettle, a mini fridge. We were told at the end when we checked out we could hve asked for toothbrush if we needed them.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

The location was good and the staff very helpful and...
    • Traditional King Room

The location was good and the staff very helpful and friendly. The room clean and if your lucky with good views. The breakfast buffet also very complete.

It was ok.
    • Traditional King Room

Concierge only available till 5pm, "resort fee" for stuff we didn't even use, no extra towels, no extra toiletries, no fridge or microwave, not at all what we expected for what we paid.

The bed was comfortable, the shower had hot water and decent pressure.

Beautiful view. Great location. Perfect except for the expensive Resort fee.
    • Traditional King Room

The cost of the Resort fee was very high, especially for what I received. The Amenities listed under the fee were not accurate. The only thing I used was the high speed internet in my room and that was hardly worth $80+. The concierge was of little help. They also would not let me credit my stay to the Marriott rewards program because I booked it through Booking.com.

Beautiful room with an amazing view. Excellent location. I will definitely be back.

The property’s location is very central of the city, and...

The beds are too soft.

The property’s location is very central of the city, and convenient to the attractions. The room is clean and facilities are well-used.

Frontdesk is the worst I have ever seen in my life
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

Frontdesk service is not only unprofessional, but also mean and nasty: we just interacted with them in two occasions and it is the worst service I have ever seen in the world: At check in: they did not even say hello or good morning and I handed my ID to the guy. He asked for a credit card (without even mentioning what for - of course we imagined it was to block a deposit but did not even say it or mention which amount) and literally threw the keys to me. I did an expression like: "what do I have to do with this?" expecting something like: "welcome to the hotel, your room is this one, lifts are there, etc. " and I said: "sorry, what is my room number?" and his answer was: "room number is on your keys". sorry, that is not what I expect from a four star hotel. At check out: they tried to charge extra money from our deposit without even mentioning it or we authorising it. Since we knew about other customers being charged incorrectly we asked about whether extra charges needed to be made and if we could have the bill. Their answer was again (like at check in) to hand over the bill. We again asked about the final balance and our deposit and they answered: "you have the bill". And I said: "yes, but if you are charging something to my card I want to know it regardless I have the bill or not". They refused to answer my question, I spent some time to check a confusing bill to see if they would charge something extra (I am sure they do it on purpose, everybody says they charge extra when you leave) and went back to the hotel to discuss. I finally got my not-known-charge-from-my-deposit back but seriously: I am on holidays to visit and disconnect, not to discuss and interact with nasty people. Concierge is nice, but they are also expecting tips for anything.

Big and spacious room, location of the hotel is very convenient to move around San Francisco. Our room had nice views Room service was professional (unlike front desk)

The room was nice and spacious, and the bed was very...
    • Traditional King Room

The bathroom entry was way too small, and you almost have to be in the tub to open the door. There was also mold in the corners of the bathroom.

The room was nice and spacious, and the bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Easy access to the Airport, nice room, very clean place and wonderful hotel staff! just a blessed!
    • Traditional King Room

Everything was nice and great. Nothing I can say I didn't like.

The staff, incredibly friendly and professional. Bryanna specifically was an outstanding Employee. I was happy I’ve found them to help me stay. Goood people and amazing service.

Other than our room view, it was great
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We were on the 4th floor and our view was the roof top of part of the building. Not attractive at all.

Very comfortable beds. Nice large tv. Very clean.

Very nice but I want a refrigerator
    • Traditional King Room

No refrigerator? I have medications which need refrigeration,made do with ice but less than ideal I have never seen a room without a refrigerator esp at this level of cost

Room very comfortable

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

room was big and clean with a nice view
    • Grand Deluxe King Room

They didn't provide what I requested in my booking reservation, which was two beds so I had to wait one day till they provide the room with two beds. Also the breakfast was the same everyday.

room was big and clean with a nice view

Door attendants.
    • Traditional King Room

Have to keep asking for wash clothes. Need a microwave in room bc I'm vegan I had to buy and heat my food. So if we went to eat I could keep it cold but unable to warm it up

Door attendants. He was always greeting us with a smile. The waiters at restaurants were nice Closeness to downtown

The property was lovely and very spacious.
    • Traditional King Room

The property was lovely and very spacious. It was in a good central location and was able to use the trams and buses to get around very easily. Would stay again.

Overall our stay was excellent.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

Overall our stay was excellent. The staff was very welcoming and warm. The beds were really comfortable. Make sure you don’t get a room next to the elevator though. It’s noisy. Will defo stay here again.

Very disappointing, would not recommend this hotel to anyone

Per above comments

Staff were not very helpful and aggressive, you could not understand what they were saying with their non-American accents. The Check in Clerk made out he was doing me a favour for checking me into my room, well isn’t that his job? Also he could not guarantee that I could be checked into my room by 3pm ( which is the check in time) because they did not have enough people for housekeeping. I would thought a 4 Star Hotel which is quite pricy would be able to employ adequate numbers of competent staff to provide the expected level of service. The only good thing about this Hotel was the location.

Great location for the price
    • Traditional King Room

Check in took longer. We checked in at 11:30pm due to delayed flight. Previous person with check in took forever and there was only 1 staff handling check in. Few people were waiting.

Great location near union square

Clean, standard rooms, in a good area
    • Traditional King Room

Nothing exciting about the decor of the rooms - seems outdated, though nothing terribly wrong with it. Noise in the corridor is an issue - and my impression is that the cleaning people were talking/shouting to each other in the morning while knocking on doors. You can listen to everything from the room. No room service whatsoever (though there’s a restaurant on the ground floor), and incredibly rude person answering the “operator” number on the phone.

Clean, standard rooms, in a good area

will stay here again when we are back in San Francisco

none

the room we were in. had a great view, the beds were very comfortable, best for long time. staff very friendly. location -brilliant for what we wanted.

4 night stay at Park Central Hotel in July
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

It didn't affect us much, but the room configuration we booked was not available. We were offered an alternative room which perfectly suited us.

Very central hotel close to Union Square, you walk out the door and you're already in the midst of it all. Helpful staff especially the concierge who takes time in explaining your queries in detail and is very well informed about San Francisco.

There was no cold water so taking a shower was unbearable in...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There was no cold water so taking a shower was unbearable in the scorching hot water. I told the front desk but she did nothing about it. She aplologized but in the end made no accommodations for the inconvenience.

it took very long for the stuff to prepare our room.
    • Traditional King Room

it took very long for the stuff to prepare our room. I check-in at morning, and 12 pm they said could be arranged one for me at 1 am and I double check again at 1 am, but I get to get into the room at 3. I email the hotel about this issue, but they do not provide any feedback on this. I think the service quality had been drop since I last visit which is this year January. I think for this price, there are other options to pick in SFO.

Perfect location.
    • Premier Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I stayed 3 nights in the room next to the elevator .It was so noisy. I weared ear plug every night. At the description of Booking.com, my room should be 26~36 floor, but they gave me the room on the 23rd floor.

Perfect location. Very clean.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Lovely centrally located hotel. However lacking in a few amenities. Would probably stay again.
    • Traditional King Room

No fridge in the room unfortunately, but on our floor there was an icemaker, so you could collect some ice which we used to store the odd food item we had purchased that needed refrigerating.

The room was large with floor to ceiling windows, very clean and was big enough to fit two suitcases open on the two racks provided. Tea/coffee maker in the room which was used daily. (Paper cups supplied along with tea and coffee). Free WiFi in hotel. Staff were all very pleasant and helpful. Location was excellent, and close enough to walk to the Ferry Building and all the many other shops close by. The breakfast supplied in the hotel (which wasn't included in our tariff) was very expensive but first class. However, you pay for what you get. We caught the BART from and to the airport. Station was walking distance away from our hotel. Very convenient.

The location was perfect with a bus stop across the road...
    • Traditional King Room

Wasn’t anything that we didn’t like.

The location was perfect with a bus stop across the road that takes you to any of tourists spots, the hotel was modern & clean. Visited as part of a trip and all the way from the UK.

When we checked in, they didn't have our room.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

When we checked in, they didn't have our room. We had booked 2 queen beds for 2 adults and 2 teenagers. They only had a king bed with roll away. None of us got a good night sleep the first night. They did move us in the morning to a room with 2 queen beds and did comp us some items. So while they made it right, it did cost us a night of terrible sleep.

A comfortable, easy stay made specail by the hotel staff.
    • Premier Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The bar seemed to close a bit early, meaning that on our arrival I had no opportunity to relax after a long day's travel.

The friendly, helpful staff are Park Central's jewel. Yes, the downtown location offers easy access to trams, cable cars, shopping, arts, museums and even the baseball park; yes, the rooms are clean and comfortable, the city views from the upper floors are spectacular, but that's really just about the building. What made our stay that extra little bit specal was the interaction with the front desk, concierge, doorman, breakfast waiting staff and room cleaners for whom no question was too trivial, no request too onerous, no delay too difficult to accommodate.

Would stay there again for our next San Francisco visit!
    • Grand Deluxe King Room

Perfect location directly at the union square, great view of skyline, best breakfast ever with a huge assortment of fresh strawberries, chef’s signature dishes etc

Excellent stay near Union Square.
    • Grand Queen Room

Rooms are fine, beds are good

Excellent stay near Union square, walkong distance to the shops, cable car turntable, China town and even the Giants stadium. Great view. And a giant TV for the “after hours” of walking biking and Shopping.

Not worth the money spent. had a way better experience with the staff and hotel in LA.
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

this hotel is way overpriced for what it provides. the beds were old and saggy. the windows were super dirty, the dining area seemed like they were always in a hurry to get you out. we were not finished eating when they were asking back for the plates! The staff needs some help in greeting guests, specially the door man.

The location of the hotel was good and was reasonably located in the city. The view was also nice and easy to get to. The valet was great with the ability to text them for you car, that was great.

Overall nice hotel.
    • Traditional King Room

No free wifi, I didn’t see that and ended up paying more money for the wifi usage.

Overall nice hotel. My flight delayed and I arrived next day but the hotel didn’t charge me for the first night after I contacted with booking.com and told them the whole scenario. Cooperative staff

Staff was great, room was on the 29th floor overlooking the...
    • Grand Deluxe King Room

The parking costs are outrageous! $68+tax per night is more than excessive. With that said, every hotel we saw was like this. I think it's a super deceptive way to get more out of a customer per night for their rooms.

Staff was great, room was on the 29th floor overlooking the city. The rooms were nice, with comfy beds.

Really big rooms, with plenty of storage space for clothes...
    • Traditional King Room

You have to wait in line to get the breakfast ( which we already paid at booking the room), which was little inconvinient and unpleasant.

Really big rooms, with plenty of storage space for clothes etc. Nice bathroom with some small design details (wallpapers, lights etc). Floor to roof windows and a huge TV. Location is great.

Create location and nice rooms
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Valet parking lost my keys and made me pay for parking as we had already checked out of hotel. They didn’t add to hotel bill as they should have a little tacky

Create location and nice rooms

I arrived little bit after midnight , they gave me a great...
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Front desk girl , didn’t know what she was doing , and they don’t have room service

I arrived little bit after midnight , they gave me a great view and allowed me to do a late check out .was so thankful .

Amazing amazing amazing ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The location is so convienant. The views from the 33rd floor are absolutely stunning. The staff from the moment we arrived were so amazing and so helpful. Jonathan at the front desk was amazing. He went above and beyond to make our stay one to remember. Even through text messages making sure we were doing great throughout our stay. This is far beyond one of my favorite experiences thus far.

Nice location and very comfortable room. I would recommend if its not because of their payment issue
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Hotel charged a deposit upon check in and charged the total bill later when check out. Deposit would be returned after to the credit card. I don't like this system and I still did not yet receive my refund. So its my trouble to go after this deposit..?!?

Good location, good staffs and good room. Good breakfast,

Overall, the stay was good. Would stay here again.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

No refrigerator so the drinks and food was spoiled. The staff said they will bring a fridge up but not to be seen. Breakfast was just OK. Nothing special for the price!

Room was nice! Staff was kind!

Very disappointed with the experience
    • Traditional King Room

The fact that they charge a destination fee which is like a hidden cost just to show their price lower than other properties. We only realised that we ended up paying much more than the price shown on booking.com .Also there is no refrigerator or microwave in the room and when we requested for it..It was in a terrible shape .Overall the staff is very rude n unhelpful . Not worth the price !!!

Nothing other than the location

Centrally located, we had a very good view from the room and...
    • Traditional King Room

We were surprised when they said that the free breakfast option we had chosen was only for 2 adults. Our booking did not specify this anywhere and booking was for a family of 2 adults and 1 child. When we showed it to the reception they issued a voucher for the child. Maybe they need to specify all this in the booking .

Centrally located, we had a very good view from the room and was very clean. In all respects we had a good experience. Breakfast was also very good.

Quiet room with a view
    • Traditional King Room

When booking I felt trapped after accepting the non refundable deal as only at that point did I get the info about the extra mandatory $45 resort fee. Sorry guys this is just unethical - this hotel is not a resort

Quiet room with a view

Fantastic location
    • Traditional King Room

Very expensive hotel parking - 75$. You can easily park for 35$ per night in a garage right across the street.

Fantastic location to explore the city. Good quality for the price (190$ before tax).

Location was great.
    • Grand Deluxe King Room

Booking.com didn't forward our request to have individual beds so we were left sleeping on fold out child beds. It was comfortable but the hotel receptionist was less than friendly about it. Rooms were small, including the bathrooms. Prices quoted ended up a lot higher than advertised when taxes were added. The hairdryer in the room was cheap and weak.

Location was great. Clean, functional hotel. Valet parking was handy.

Overall great stay, but one thing irked me
    • Traditional King Room

Some of the staff were incredible rude and patronizing when I raised questions about my laundry bill. Completely unacceptable, regardless if the mistake was on my end. Hotel staffs should never behave like this towards their guests. These two individuals are clearly not fit to have jobs in which they have to deal with customers/guests. No refrigerator on the room.

Comfy beds, spacious rooms and a decent location. Great view. Cleaning ladies were nice. Other staff members seemed decent yet cold.

Putting on the Ritz
    • Traditional King Room

Paid a lot more than I have ever paid for a room went to the bar in the hotel the wife and I split a hamburger she had a drink I had two. It was damn near 100.

All of the staff was excellent and extremely helpful and friendly

Modern hotel with fantastic location in SF
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Location of hotel is fantastic - just in front of Market Street and very close to Union Square on one side and Embarcadero on the other. Walking distance from BART station.

Would stay there again IF the carpet smell and ventilation could be improved.
    • Traditional King Room

The one thing we were quite disappointed with was the smell in our room. Either the carpet needed to be cleaned or changed, or the ventilation system needs to be inspected. It had a musty, mildew-like smell that was quite annoying and unpleasant.

The hotel was in a good location, very convenient and the staff & housekeeping were very nice.

Well-located hotel with substandard service
    • Traditional King Room

I had a package delivered to the hotel and was never notified during my stay. While the hotel kindly offered to forward the package, it still hasn't been sent out, 2+ weeks later. Extremely hard to get hold of hotel staff via phone - keep getting forward to different departments and voice mail boxes. Also, the hotel charges a sneaky destination fee, so expect to pay another ~$40 USD per night in addition to the Booking.com rate.

Typical downtown hotel so you knew what to expect.
    • Grand Deluxe Queen Room

Restaurant provided a limited range of bar food. Ideal location for business travel less so for tourist although close to cable car,tram and bus services to Fisherman's Wharf.

Typical downtown hotel so you knew what to expect.

Amazing environment away from home.
    • Traditional King Room

I did not like there was unexplained charges on my credit card at check in and upon check out I had to ask when the charges would be adjusted or when there would be reimbursement back to my bank account.

The hotel staff provided excellent customer service.

Just convenient
    • Traditional King Room

The amenities were very minimal. They do charge a extra resort tax which other hotels in the surrounding area don’t do.

Great location to city center shopping and restaurants. Close to Bart stations. Taxi from SFO with no traffic if remember correctly cost less than 50 with tips or take the bart. 20 minutes walk to AT&T ballpark.

Overall a great stay. Be prepared for stressful driving and San Francisco costs.

Well, we're talking about San Francisco here, so you need to take that into account. Everything is expensive there. Everything. And driving in San Francisco will age you. So will parking in San Francisco. The hotel only offers valet parking and it costs $72 per night to park there. Finding less expensive parking elsewhere might be a challenge. If you're prepared for these things, then you won't be shocked or disappointed.

Great bar/lounge area. Nice rooms. Great staff. Electronics charging everywhere. Central location, less than a mile from AT&T Park. Even closer to the Metreon and surrounding gardens, MLK waterfall, etc. A great place to stay if you like to walk around and explore. The view of the city at night from our room was lovely. We really enjoyed ourselves and recommend this hotel.

Decent business hotel in SoMa
    • Traditional King Room

Had to request a bar fridge and several items that are usually included in the room upon arrival. Please note the hotel is not far from the Tenderloin. It's located at the border of SoMa, Financial District, and the Tenderloin. This means the streets can be a little rough and there are many homeless people. We didn't have more than one or two aggressive homeless people approach us, but it was noticeably worse in the neighborhood surrounding the hotel. If you travel by car, taxi, or Uber, this hotel is perfect since the cars can pull in and this avoids that issue all together. If you're walking, walk up to Geary on Third and you avoid the majority of the Tenderloin.

Room was clean and conviently located. Staff were super friendly and you could check your bags for as long as you like on arrival and after check out if you don't have access to your room. Staff were quick to deliver things to the room as needed.

Great for business travellers or people looking to shop around Union Square.
    • Premier Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There was no free wifi in the rooms - only in the lobby. This was quite inconvenient.

The location was great! There was a Target behind the hotel and it is possible to walk east along Market St, past the Financial District to the Ferry Building. Chinatown is nearby too. The room was also spacious.

great location.
    • Traditional King Room

The staff behavior was unpleasant and not kind at all during the check-in. watch-out: for some reason, there is a high "resort fee" which is not included in the basic price.

great location. clean.

The hotel is in a great location and the staff is wonderful.
    • Traditional King Room

The facilities are comfortable, but really have only the bare necessities. The air conditioning and TV wasn't working well, the rooms also don't come with a fridge - not a deal breaker but also seems like a silly amenity to not have standard and to charge for if you want one.

The hotel is in a great location and the staff is wonderful. My room was also very peaceful, which I appreciated considering the location of the hotel.

Excellent. Staff friendly, comfy bed, and a great location.
    • Traditional King Room

The guy who checked us in (forget his name) found out my partner and I had juat got engaged that day and made sure we got a room with a view. Really nice touch!

The room smells mouldy.

The room smells mouldy. The scent of moisture hits you strongly always when you enter the room. The bathroom is very small, difficulties in getting the door closed.

Great location and Amazing Staff!

Parking Fees. Super expensive

Room was super Comfy. Hotel Staff actually texted me to check how my stay was. I've never had that before at any hotel.

Good location.
    • Traditional King Room

Check-in staff not very friendly or informative. Room had a musky smell. We were put next to service elevators and could hear the cleaning cart and door open and close fequently.

Good location. Overall nice hotel.

Horrible.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

What a horrible hotel. The room we were given upon arrival wasn't cleaned. Day one we had to ask for soap for our room from the cleaning service, who were gracious enough to clean our room and give us extra soap and towels. We received 3 phone calls in the middle of the night with no answer, twice at 6am and one at 130am. We had multiple guests come to our room, trying to get in at odd hours, told front desk, nothing was done was about that or the phone calls. When we arrived I had requested an early check in and the email I received approving this request did not mention the 50 dollars early check in fee, so that was a bit of a disappointment, we paid it because we were tired from a long flight, but it's such a large hotel that it seems ridiculous to charge people a pathetic 50 dollars when the room isn't even clean in the first place. So read the fine print! There's no mini fridge in the room, which was incredibly odd. The baggage storage is insane and always had the longest line up to store luggage, so we never used it even though we would have liked too. Oh and they cut off our wifi access early, before we even checked out, thank god SF has free wifi downtown. Overall I would never stay here again. Wish I had listened to the bad reviews over the good ones.

The bed was comfortable. That was about it.

good location and great complimentary breakfast but other...
    • Traditional King Room

very bad service. rude staff. was first given a room with no fridge and a broken lamp, eventually requested another room.

good location and great complimentary breakfast but other than those two things, not worth the money.

My room was advertised as a king bed, but was given a queen...
    • Traditional King Room

My room was advertised as a king bed, but was given a queen size bed. The front desk actively solicited my feedback via text which I thought was great however when I asked about my bed size I did not receive a response.

Browse The Park Central San Francisco traveller photo gallery