View vacation packages to

2. USA hotel reviews
  3. California hotel reviews
  4. San Francisco hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of The Park Central San Francisco

Reviews of The Park Central San Francisco This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

50 3rd Street, Union Square, San Francisco, CA 94103, United States of America

#101 of 269 hotels in San Francisco

Based on 2005 hotel reviews

Verified guest reviews from real Bookers

Real Bookers. Real stays. Real opinions.

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: May 6, 2019

We had a great time!
    • Premier, Guest room, 1 King

All the staff were very friendly and helpful with questions or concerns that we had. Liked the easiness of the restaurants/transportation close to the hotel.

Stayed in May 2019

• Reviewed: April 25, 2019

Excellent location!
    • Traditional, Guest room, King, NPSG

Not all staff were helpful or courteous (a few good exceptions- but only after lots of frustration). Rooms are outdated and not well maintained. It’s also not very clean with rooms having a stale smell that doesn’t go away, and carpets all looked like they needed a deep clean.

Excellent location! Spacious rooms

Stayed in April 2019

• Reviewed: April 22, 2019

Very comfortable. Home away from home.
    • Deluxe, Guest room, 2 Queen, NPSG

Room is spacious. Beds are big and comfortable. Room well designed. Good location. Staff friendly. Will certainly stay here when visiting SFO again.

Stayed in April 2019

• Reviewed: April 12, 2019

Disappointed with management and allowing a no repeat stay in the future.
    • Traditional, Guest room, King, NPSG

Not going the extra mile by management. The valet company allowed for our car to be damaged by another guest. The hotel was quick to charge the parking fee but quicker to wash their hands of any involvement in the incident.

The rooms were clean and the comfortable bed allowed me to have the sleep I desperately needed. The location was perfect for my plans.

• Reviewed: March 31, 2019

Comfortable bed, great view, good drinks and food menu,...
    • Traditional, Guest room, 1 Queen

Not very sound proof, woke up to chatter in the hallway. Shower is old fashioned (as usual in the US though)

Comfortable bed, great view, good drinks and food menu, friendly staff, near parks and sights

• Reviewed: March 25, 2019

Comfiest bed ever.
    • Traditional, Guest room, King, NPSG

No room service and the property price TRIPLES during conferences which is over the top.

Comfiest bed ever. Wonderful staff especially considering it was during one of SF’s busiest conferences.

• Reviewed: March 17, 2019

The location is perfect.
    • Traditional, Guest room, King, NPSG

The concierge was never at the desk so when I needed help with questions regarding transport to the outlets etc I got more help at the Starbucks

The location is perfect. The BART is 5 minutes walking distance from the hotel and a Starbucks across the street for those of us who didn’t choose the meal option as part of the hotel booking.

• Reviewed: March 11, 2019

Great Location, Poor Customer Service
    • Traditional, Guest room, King, NPSG

I did not find the staff very engaging or helpful. When I checked into the room I was greeted by a pile of dirty towels. I asked the room attendant cleaning rooms if she could remove them and she quickly told me it was not her room so she would not remove them. When I called guest service and explained I needed to get ready and would place the dirty towels in the hall the response given was "well they might charge you for missing towels from your room." No apology, no sense of urgency just a lack of empathy.

The location of the Parc Central is convenient to getting around Market, SOMA and the Financial district.

• Reviewed: March 10, 2019

The location of the Park Central Hotel is perfect, just in...
    • Traditional, Guest room, King, NPSG

The rooms are not that well isolated and you can hear all noises coming from other rooms and hallway.

The location of the Park Central Hotel is perfect, just in the middle of downtown and near to all major attractions of San Francisco. The rooms are really big, the bed was very comfy and the hotel’s personal (in our case Giacob) was very helpful and at all time friendly.

• Reviewed: February 28, 2019

Great hotel and location for the price!
    • Traditional, Guest room, King, NPSG

Shower was a little odd to figure out with the two shower heads, bed was a on harder side with some pressure points but still got good sleep, and toiletries provided had an extremely strong scent to them

Location is amazing. Had a view of the bay from my room. Room was comfy and perfect for a couple nights. Right next to the San Fran MOMA and shopping and yummy breakfast spots. Bar in hotel is also great with friendly staff and good cocktails/pizza.

• Reviewed: February 20, 2019

Average business hotel stay, rude staff, central location
    • Traditional, Guest room, King, NPSG

Huge security guards knocked on the door at 12:30am hassling is about whether we had a booking. In general staff were pretty rude, although the manager was responsive and helpful.

It’s central to downtown SF and was clean and beds were comfortable

• Reviewed: February 15, 2019

An enjoyable stay in a great part of San Francisco.
    • Traditional, Guest room, King, NPSG

We had booked a king size room when making our reservation. On arrival all that was available was a twin bed room. Our request for a late checkout could have been handled better. We were left uncertain until the morning as to whether or not our request had been agreed and in the end paid to keep the room on.

• Reviewed: February 11, 2019

Excellent location in amazing hotel
    • Traditional, Guest room, King, NPSG

I would love to stay more in this place but the prices change from one day to another radically and sometimes are incredible expensive.

Location is perfect, rooms are excellent and the view is amazing. Excellent hotel in every way.

• Reviewed: February 10, 2019

Lovely hotel with great service
    • 1 Bedroom Suite, 1 King, SPG

Sofa in livingroom needs to be a sofa bed. Had to use a rollaway. Less than desirable. Also had a billing issue that had to be solved by booking agent. Should have been an easily corrected by hotel but wasn't.

The room was beautiful. The views were fabulous. Service staff from Sara at the front desk to doormen to concierge was exceptional.

• Reviewed: January 28, 2019

Nice hotel - Good location - Nice staff
    • Traditional, Guest room, 2 Queen

No fridge in room but they brought up at no charge The rates fluctuate greatly causing me to have to leave instead of extending my stay

Large floor to ceiling windows Comfortable Bed Large 55" TV

• Reviewed: January 24, 2019

• Traditional, Guest room, King, NPSG

An old, unrenovated property, chaotic front desk / lobby, difficult to establish and reconnect internet access (they've been fully aware of it for years), no fridge in the room, loud air conditioning. Thin walls, heard every word of the neighbours. All would have been fine at a reasonably priced 2 star motel, not the way it's marketed and priced now.

• Reviewed: January 24, 2019

An okay hotel, but overall not a good value for the money
    • Grand Deluxe, Guest room, 1 King

Room was rather small, looked much bigger in the photos. Much too pricey for such a small room with no bells and whistles. Not possible to get any fresh air inside. Staff at check in did the bare minimum. Company credit card was declined without further explanation, so I had to use my personal one. Hotel looks and feels old fashioned. No USB outlets. I could hear the ice-machine in the hallway from my room, so there was a steady humming noise.

Nice views from the upper floors. Room was clean. Wifi was complementary and fast. Bed was comfortable. Good location, easy walk to Union Square and other bus stops.

• Reviewed: January 17, 2019

We liked the hotel and the area it was in ,and all the staff...
    • Traditional King Room

The restaurant didn’t have much choice , the breakfast was expensive and my wife and I where charged over $40 dollars each per night destination charge even though we didn’t use the gym ( which we didn’t expect )

We liked the hotel and the area it was in ,and all the staff were pleasant and helpful

• Reviewed: January 15, 2019

I was in San Fran for barely 24 hours stopping over on my...
    • Traditional King Room

I was in San Fran for barely 24 hours stopping over on my way to New Zealand from the UK. When I checked in and mentioned I had an evening flight the following day, before I had a chance to ask, the kind receptionist immediately offered a late checkout of 3pm which was fantastic and far better than I’d hoped! Excellent service. Room was large with views of the city and bay in the distance. Not that I had a chance to watch it, but it also had a HUGE TV. Room was clean and bed was comfy. Concierge was helpful, arranging a car to the airport and bus tour/Alcatraz ticket. The hotel provided exactly what I needed - somewhere clean, comfortable, safe and central for such a short stay. Shame they’re booked up for my stopover on the way back as would have liked to have stayed there again.

• Reviewed: January 14, 2019

Ritz Carlton experience for a Best Western price!
    • Traditional, Guest room, King, NPSG

Honestly, everything was fantastic, wouldn't change a thing! Keep up the good work!

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay! Jacob at check-in was incredibly helpful with providing info on local restaurants and pubs and gave us a very comfy room with a gorgeous view on the 21st floor. Great value for the money and you can't beat the location. We will definitely be back soon!

• Reviewed: January 11, 2019

I’m a SPG member ?
    • Traditional, Guest room, King, NPSG

I never checked in because of security hold 150$ in addition to 160$ for room & taxes and 41$ resort fee? I think the front desk manager kind , relatable, and professional. However , no room and I walked the streets of San Francisco’s.

• Reviewed: January 10, 2019

Nice Hotel, nice stay !
    • Traditional King Room

The bathroom had a shower curtain, which in my opnion is not good, specially for a quality hotel like this.

Great Location ! Room was nice, bed was perfect.. and the breakfast was also OK

• Reviewed: January 10, 2019

ok if you need to stay close to Union square
    • Traditional, Guest room, King, NPSG

I didn't like everything else - the hotel is pretty gloomy and facilities are not those of the 4 star hotel: like bar, lobby, check in/check out, lines for the lifts etc.etc.

the biggest advantage is central location

• Reviewed: January 8, 2019

Great s
    • Traditional, Guest room, 2 Queen

When we arrived to the hotel our mini fridge was full of trash from a previous stay. It only took 10 minutes for somebody to come replace the entire mini fridge, but I've never had a room not thoroughly cleaned.

The Staff, room, view, and location were all excellent

• Reviewed: January 7, 2019

Comfortable, elegant, great location to explore the city
    • Traditional, Guest room, King, NPSG

They didn't have my booking.com reservation in their system ready when I checked in. I made the reservation an hour before arriving, and most hotels have this info ready right away, so I ended up having to wait in the lobby for 5 minutes while they contacted their reservations system to get the reservation info.

Comfortable bed. Great views of downtown SF and Union Square from the room. Comfortable and functional lobby that works as a good space to unwind, chat with friends or grab a drink. Bathroom in room well set-up. Friendly hotel staff. One of my go-to hotels in SF.

• Reviewed: January 5, 2019

Location was great.
    • Traditional King Room

Overall there is nothing I didn’t like. However If they can give us full amenities such as toothbrush or razors it would be nice.

Location was great. there are anything you need within walking distance. Bart station is near, SFMOMA and shops and restaurants.

• Reviewed: January 5, 2019

From check in with Sophie to check out, our stay felt very special
    • Traditional, Guest room, King, NPSG

The bathroom was nothing special, but reasonable quality

Very friendly and accommodating staff, exceptionally comfortable bed, good quality breakfast buffet

• Reviewed: January 4, 2019

Excellent stay in great hotel, right in the heart of a great bustling city.
    • Traditional King Room

Once we arrived, we had to return our hire car. We enquired as to the direction to the nearest gas station to fill the tank before returning the car and were given very inaccurate directions by the receptionist on duty.

The room on the 23rd floor was great - large, spacious, clean, with great views over the city. Huge comfortable bed ensured a soothing night's sleep. Bathroom had lots of space for toiletries, make-up etc. The lifts were fast and efficient. We were met at the entrance on arrival by Paul, the concierge, who was a lovely welcoming, warm, efficient ambassador for the hotel. The hotel is within walking distance of the main square, surrounded by great restaurants and shops, with easy access to buses, trams etc.

• Reviewed: January 3, 2019

We stayed here for NYE 2019 and it was great.
    • Traditional King Room

We stayed here for NYE 2019 and it was great. The staff are super friendly and helpful. The hotel is beautiful and very clean. We had a spectacular view of the entire city from our corner room on the 35th floor. We were able to walk to the Bay Bridge fireworks in 15mins.

Housekeeping were friendly.
    • Traditional, Guest room, 2 Queen

No room service, no convenience store, no microwave, concierge was never available. Expected better for that price. Was lacking management, front staff not knowledgeable . No staff in driveway area, had unidentified drivers trying to convince you to accept rides.

Housekeeping were friendly. Rooms were clean and big. Location was good

• Reviewed: January 3, 2019

Located close to market street and union square.
    • Grand Queen Room

Service was rude and impolite. This starts from the front office staff at the check in counter all the way to Housekeeping staff. During check in, the counter staff, a blonde Caucasian man of short stature in his late twenties or early theories, was condescending and just grabbed my credit card from me and handed it back to me without a single thank you. No further explanation regarding basics such as the wifi and facilities as well. Just left us to figure things out on our own. Calls from the guest rooms to the housekeeping and front desk were also often left unanswered and we were cut short by them halfway throughout the conversation. No basic amenities like bathroom slippers or shaver. I think 300USD per night does not justify rude service and very basic amenities like this.

Located close to market street and union square.

• Reviewed: January 2, 2019

The location is great, rooms are clean.
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

NO FREE PARKING — They charge $70 for parking at the hotel. We parked at a garage across the street for $35. The staff are dressed rather unprofessionally; I saw a few people wearing jeans, sneakers, t-shirts. They initially told us our reservation was canceled, but after waiting around for about 20 minutes, they said they fixed it. The beds were creaky and uncomfortable. For the crazy price ($100 of hotel fees and taxes in addition to the nightly room price), definitely not worth it.

The location is great, rooms are clean.

• Reviewed: January 2, 2019

Excellent location, good price for room size, high floors have amazing views

Overnight Parking is very expensive $71 a night

Staff is excellent, Alissa at front desk and Lupe in housekeeping took care of me. My room wasn't ready at check in and i was compensated with an upgrade and vouchers for breakfast and drinks for the inconvenience.

• Reviewed: December 31, 2018

Great downtown choice!

Very pleased, no cons

Beautiful city views, loved the location! Public transportation is literally a few steps from the hotel, easy to get to all the piers, Fishermans wharf. Walking distance to Union Station and lots of other nice options! The Grove is close by and perfect for breakfast or lunch. Very safe for a downtown property! Rooms were very roomy, clean etc! Perfect for our family (our two teens loved it).

• Reviewed: December 31, 2018

It didn’t quite match expectations
    • Traditional, Guest room, 2 Queen

The room was having difficulty heating and cooling down. It took hours for the A/C to work, which was majorly inconvenient. As well as, upon checking in the rooms odor was off putting.

The staff was friendly

• Reviewed: December 30, 2018

Is located in SOMA, centrally located
    • Traditional King Room

They charged about u$40.oo for 1 day of internet. Is not clear when you asking the service how is going to be(free or charged directly to room account). And there was an annoying sound comming from the fan of the bathroom the whole stay.

Is located in SOMA, centrally located

• Reviewed: December 29, 2018

Had a great. Very conveniently located hotel.
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Had a couple of items delivered to hotel. Didn’t expect to pay the hotel for the privilege. Not a big deal.

Great location. Friendly service. Clean and spacious room. Comfy beds.

• Reviewed: December 26, 2018

The room is clean as well as the restroom, well heated,...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room is clean as well as the restroom, well heated, lightning in the room is good. Comfy beds and the location is walkable to union square and and market st is just around the corner. Likewise with bart train coming from the airport just a 5-7 mins walk to the hotel.

• Reviewed: December 16, 2018

I would definitely stay there again.
    • Traditional King Room

The bed was super comfy. Room was clean. The view was tremendous and the staff was very friendly. The location was very good to a lot of shops and bars and very close to the museum and walking distance to the ferry building.

• Reviewed: December 9, 2018

The staff was great we paid $40 extra dollars to upgrade to...
    • Traditional, Guest room, King, NPSG

The staff was great we paid $40 extra dollars to upgrade to a room on the 34th floor with an amazing view. It was worth it. Also most comfortable bed and beautiful room.

• Reviewed: December 4, 2018

Disappointment
    • Traditional King Room

After a 26 hour trip from Brazil to San Francisco, we received not only one but two rooms with people inside. When we opened the bedroom door, there was someone sleeping inside! And on the other, fortunately for the guest, the lock was on. It took the reception staff more than 30 'to find us a room. We wrote an email to the Hotel and they never responded.

• Reviewed: December 2, 2018

great hotel
    • Traditional King Room

parking should be complementary for the guests or a special price. it cost almost the same price of the room. many homeless around the hotel.

The hotel location. breackfast with great varietys. staff very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: November 25, 2018

The room next to elevator (three disturbed nights),when we...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room next to elevator (three disturbed nights),when we arrived there was no (promised)bottled water in the room,and in the restaurant (breakfast and dinner),the employees aren’t really friendly.....

• Reviewed: November 24, 2018

Breakfast was exceptional for USA hotels.
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast was exceptional for USA hotels. The hotel has a superb location - just a minute from the Market Street. The only thing we didn't like was the paying terms. We had some issues with a credit card and they didn't except cash. We didn't understand why. Luckily we managed to solve our card problem. But we are still questioning what would hotel do if we couldn't ...

• Reviewed: November 23, 2018

The location is very good.
    • Traditional King Room

They double charged me, an it took them a few weeks to reimburse me, after mails and bank statements. Parking very expensive, double the price you can find in the proximity

The location is very good.

• Reviewed: November 20, 2018

This place feels like a scam
    • Traditional King Room

The valet parking discriminated against middle class family’s. Also the beds are all uncomfortable and we found hair in the bathroom. The person at the lobby doesn’t explain anything correctly until we had to ask again. The service here was awful and we’ll never return here. $400 dollars for one day is ridiculous

• Reviewed: November 20, 2018

Park Central hotel gave me a different view on San Francisco hotels
    • Traditional King Room

I do not recommend paying by cash I had a little issue using cash ..luckily I had my receipt...however they corrected error immediately.

The property has an ideal location and the staff was very accommodating always pleasant .

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

Location was good.
    • Traditional King Room

In room mini ridge would have been helpful.

Location was good. Checkin and check out was smooth. Allowed for late checkout and held bags until we were leaving town.

• Reviewed: November 4, 2018

Good but could’ve been a lot better
    • Traditional King Room

We stayed for 7 days and more than half the time when we get back after it’s been cleaned, beds still look a bit messy, not what we’re used to. At some point trash was even accidentally left on the desk from supplies. Amenities such as toiletries can be improved a lot! And why isn’t there a mini fridge??? I don’t get that.

The location was great and the beds were comfortable.

• Reviewed: November 4, 2018

Great staff and great rooms, the location was also perfect...

Everything was perfect.

Great staff and great rooms, the location was also perfect as it is located in the SoMa district and is very near to bus and subway stations. Very vibrant neighborhood. Breakfast was superb.

• Reviewed: November 2, 2018

The Location of the hotel is the best, was so near to where...
    • Traditional King Room

though there was variety for the breakfast but the meal was the same throughout, it would have been best if there were different dishes every day to make breakfast more appetizing.

The Location of the hotel is the best, was so near to where i was visiting and its in the city center.

• Reviewed: November 1, 2018

Good location, room is a decent size.
    • Traditional King Room

No help from bellboys. They were too busy talking. Parking is not included in price. It is too expensive for what you get. Hotel is dated

Good location, room is a decent size.

• Reviewed: November 1, 2018

Perfect it was the end of a long trip we needed down time & to feel confident in our hotel.
    • Traditional King Room

Not a negative but we would have liked the music to be more relaxing in the bar or a mix to suit all ages around the dinner time.

From the luggage handler to the amazing breakfast/ dinner staff we were happy tourists. It would be an incomplete review without making special mention of Rachel, & Giacob who supported us in every way. The food was fresh breakfast and dinner menu at the bar tasty with good value for money. The room was spacious, spotless and with a helpful Concierge on hand to assist our city tour. The reception staff were helpful, polite and friendly. We would never consider stating at any other hotel in San Fransisco. Happy wife, happy life you guys ticked all my boxes.

• Reviewed: November 1, 2018

Walking distance from main SF points.
    • Traditional King Room

Very expensive parking! Breakfast should be included considering high charge room and others additional costs you have to pay.

Walking distance from main SF points. Very clean and safety place to stay.

• Reviewed: October 29, 2018

Convenient location and friendly staff!
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Located in the Financial District it was close to public transportation and easy to get everywhere we needed to go. The concierge was great and helped us with recommendations and tickets. Very clean and comfy!

Absolutley nothing.
    • Grand Deluxe King Room

I was charged a silly deposit fee which I still have not received back and there was a double charge that I'm still unclear about as well. There was no refrigerator in our room and less towels were stocked for the appropriate size of our room.

Absolutley nothing. The elevator system is awful. The guest service line was very long for check in and the people don't care, you can see it on their faces.

Find an alternative
    • Traditional King Room

Rooms and hallways were very run down and in dire need of a facelift. There are musty smells in the hall and room and the carpets are buckled in many spots. The electrical in the rooms looks like it was jury rigged to accommodate the 2000’s. There aren’t enough outlets and they are placed poorly so the power sources kept falling out of the sockets. Only one outlet could really charge anything. Also housekeeping didn’t knock and used her key thus walking in on me while I was dressing. Management needs to train and as I said earlier the place needs a redo. Will not be staying here on my next SF visit. $300 a night best spent elsewhere.

Kevin at the front desk is amazing. The other front desk staff were not so helpful and quite honestly very off-putting. But my first room had an odd, musty odor and Kevin was able to get our room changed to a better smelling floor. The lobby made me think that the facility would be lovely because it was nice and comfortable and the bellmen were incredibly helpful.

• Reviewed: October 28, 2018

The location was very close to the Halloween party we...
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The valley parking is bad....we came back from the party to get my car to go out to eat. I ask the attendant and it took him 20 mins to back with my car. When we came back after we eat, I waited outside for the attendant...after 10 to 15 mins still no one is around.... I went inside to the front desk that’s when she called someone. The next morning we check out, I ask attendant to get my car...when he pulled up by the side walk exit that’s when we heard a metal scrapping sound and immediately my wife asked me what was that..Pulled out my phone to take a picture but by the time he pulled away from that area. When guy came out from the car first thing that came out of his mouth was I love sound of your car. Really......You just scrape the hell out of GTR that’s what you’re going to tell me.....I was like f*^¥ you.

The location was very close to the Halloween party we attended

• Reviewed: October 26, 2018

Pretty good. Would stay again.
    • Grand Deluxe King Room

They sound carries between rooms. You can hear about everything. Thankfully I had good neighbors. Traffic is super heavy nearby. But that’s what you get be for being in a central area of the city.

The location was great. Great clean room. Beautiful view from the 23? And comfy beds. That’s a plus plus.

• Reviewed: October 22, 2018

Room was clean, comfortable with a fab view.
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

Wifi didn’t work properly whilst we were there, otherwise great

Room was clean, comfortable with a fab view. Such a great location if you like walking most places!

• Reviewed: October 19, 2018

Sorry but I would not consider staying here again and could not refer others as well.
    • Traditional King Room

Honestly, the bar was not equipped with supplies needed for drinks and no food but breakfast was served. What if you wanted some foods during the day. There is no sauna or steam and we feel that it totally necessary when paying this kind of money for the room.

The location was very good, close to stores and restaurants, thank goodness.

• Reviewed: October 19, 2018

The buffet was large and good.
    • Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There was MOLD all over the ceiling in the bathroom and the bathroom stunk of humidity after 1 shower. There is no ventilation. Beware because this can be deadly for those who are allergic to mold. I have photos to evidence this. Super disappointing for such an expensive rate to have to deal with mold and doubt if the rest of the room was clean.

The buffet was large and good. Expensive for what it is though. The staff were nice and friendly. The location is excellent.

• Reviewed: October 16, 2018

Great city and hotel in a good location.
    • Traditional King Room

Not much to dislike. there was one morning where the cleaners were a bit too anxious to clean the room. there was a bit of confusion on check in. we had two rooms booked but they were only giving us one room until I said to the girl dealing with us. It got sorted fairly quickly.

The Hotel is in a good location. The rooms are spacious and clean. The staff friendly. The bar area is out of the way which means you can have a drink without being bothered by guests coming and going.

• Reviewed: October 16, 2018

Super helpful and friendly front desk staff (Asian lady I...
    • Traditional Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Super helpful and friendly front desk staff (Asian lady I believe), with smooth check-in and offered fast on convenience store, plus offered us some complimentary bottle water. Room was spacious (better than expected) and clean too.

• Reviewed: October 10, 2018

Upon checking out I was informed that I only paid for one...
    • Grand Deluxe King Room

Upon checking out I was informed that I only paid for one night through the booking. Could you verify that I did not pay you for two nights. I thought the reservation was paid for two nights. Thanks.

• Reviewed: October 3, 2018

Big, clean, comfortable, great views, friendly staff, superb location but lacking a few details
    • Traditional King Room

There wasn't a guest directory in the room and I wasn't told to dial 0 to speak to the operator so I had to go to the lobby to check on things like extended checkout, where the ice machines were, to request extra towels and other general information. The TV was great with a good selection of channels, however it did have intermittent sound issues. Having stayed in 4 hotels previously around California we got used to having USB charging sockets everywhere and we missed them here - nowadays everyone has iphones, tablets and kindles etc and having USB sockets makes things much easier.

The room was large and very comfortable with a lovely huge window with a great view. It was very clean and well presented The gym was good, nice and quiet when I went on the Sunday morning. The bar was fine, a typical hotel bar but had some good beers on tap. The staff were very friendly and smiley, check in and check out was straightforward. Fantastic location just off Market Street, close to BART, Streetcars, Cablecars and buses. Within easy walking distance of the Ferry Building and Union Square. Simple bus or streetcar journey to Mission.

• Reviewed: October 2, 2018

Not happy with the room, it was musty and old

Not happy with the room, it was musty and old I was caught out on the American hotel charges. I would have preferred this to be included in the advertised price

• Reviewed: October 1, 2018

Staff was really great but overall the hotel seemed just ok and not worth the money we paid
    • Premium Corner King Room

The hotel did not receive our reservation from Booking.com. Waited a long time to get our rooms and had to sit in the bar while things got resolved. No refrigerator in room. Room in general was just ok, nothing to write home about and certainly not worth $6k. Restaurant and bar were pretty average.

Fitness facility was very nice. Staff was extremely helpful resolving conflicts. Proximity to Dreamforce was awesome - Moscone was almost right outside the front door. Lots of great restaurants and shopping around the immediate area.

• Reviewed: September 29, 2018

the location and the view from the window
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

the staff, impolite and careless. we have been treated very badly from the concierge, as well as from some other components of the staff. After several disappointing comments, we explained it at the reception. the staff there took little care of this and promised points on the Marriott Reward program. Thing which has never been happened. Coherence and hosting basic behaviour are everything where many other hotels could offer same service, even for less money.

the location and the view from the window

• Reviewed: September 27, 2018

A great hotel to serve as base camp for San Francisco adventures!

There was a minor issue with the a/c in my room but it was addressed quickly.

I had a great city view from a high floor. The staff was great. The room was very clean and comfortable. Free bottled water in the room was a nice touch.

• Reviewed: September 25, 2018

Great location, nice and clean room
    • Traditional King Room

The sheets on the bed should be better. They should be using a higher thread count. Hotel parking should be cheaper though we park just across the street which is half the price.

The room and bathroom is nice, clean and large. We had a great stay and location is accessible to anything. Staff are friendly. They even upgraded us to a higher floor.

• Reviewed: September 23, 2018

Comfortable stay in central location
    • Queen Room - Disability Access

Given the cost of the accommodation, breakfast should be included. It is also a drawback not to have room service especially after an 11 hour flight when all you want to do is just relax and not have to go out again. Staff were a little hit and miss, some really friendly, others just doing their job!

This hotel is very centrally located within 2/3 minutes of Union Square. The room was clean, spacious and comfortable. We were really surprised at how peaceful it was in the hotel room at night. We expected noise from the traffic on the street but we slept like a log, and heard absolutely nothing. Tip: book a queen size room, it is the equivalent of a standard double.

• Reviewed: September 23, 2018

Definitely does Not live up to Business Hotel standard. Very disappointing.
    • Traditional King Room

For the price and business hotel rating, we expected basic amenities toothbrush, proper coffee or tea cups not Styrofoam, a small hotwater kettle, a mini fridge. We were told at the end when we checked out we could hve asked for toothbrush if we needed them.

• Reviewed: September 21, 2018

The location was good and the staff very helpful and...
    • Traditional King Room

The location was good and the staff very helpful and friendly. The room clean and if your lucky with good views. The breakfast buffet also very complete.

• Reviewed: September 19, 2018

It was ok.
    • Traditional King Room

Concierge only available till 5pm, "resort fee" for stuff we didn't even use, no extra towels, no extra toiletries, no fridge or microwave, not at all what we expected for what we paid.

The bed was comfortable, the shower had hot water and decent pressure.

We Price Match