Reviews of The Westin Seattle 4 stars

1900 Fifth Avenue, Belltown, Seattle, WA 98101, USA

#55 of 89 hotels in Seattle

• Traditional Double Room

was charged for something taken from room fridge which I took nothing. They charged me $5.93. Asked if parking was part of price and was told yes, then I self parked and was charged $47.

• Traditional Double Room

The WiFi was not included and you had to pay over $50 to park for just one night!!

We stayed the night before we ran the half marathon in downtown and they gave us a nice note and gift card for breakfast.

• Traditional King Room

My Booking.com reservation was not in system - even although I had a confirmation number and had pre-paid.. I had to buy another room with my credit card. Staff were superb and hotel was excellent - as long as I don't end up paying twice !

• Traditional Double Room

Room had blinds open to sun and was hot. Took hours to cool down. Noise from street was too much- sirens & motorists. No outlet in restroom. Ice machine on my floor was broke.

Soft bed and pillows

• Traditional Double Room

The room had an odor when we arrived that smelled unclean & the hallway smelled like cheap air freshener

I liked the lobby decor & location a lot.

• Traditional King Room

Very expensive (especially since I got charged for a night I didn't stay there). Elevator in my tower didn't work so took 20 minutes every time and even took the service elevator a couple of times

Comfy bed, very clean and large room

• Deluxe City View Double

Very expensive breakfast that cost 66 dollars for an omelette for two, toast, glass of orange and 2 cups of coffee. This was not value for money.

Good site for accessing most of the local attractions.

• Deluxe City View King

The bathrooms seem a little ran down some black coloring around the tub where t is sealed to the wall, one of the lights in bedroom was popping out of the ceiling. Just minor details. However. We really loved our stay and will be staying here again.

Loves the view and friendliness of the staff from the valet to the front desk over all very pleasant experience with the staff.

• Premium Water View Double

Poor amenities. Not even enough toilet paper and tissues. Uncomfortable bed. Antiquated bathroom. No drawer space to speak of. To personal.

Only the location.

• Traditional Double Room

We were very disappointed with our room, the mattress was uncomfortable and shomehow"shabby". We did not sleep very well. We expect higher standard from Westin like in the old days. We have stayed at this hotel numerous times before but will look for other options next time in Seattle.

• Traditional Double Room

Room not as clean and air conditioner not working made the room stuffy . For the price you think it would be more elegant or nicer

Nice location by everything

• Traditional King Room

After long trip very tired checked in given key didn’t work on 20th floor. Called service Express told key wrong room no offer to assist further. Had to go down to desk again. Ordered room service which was prompt but wrong salad delivered. Hot tea got cold while waiting for right salad to be delivered.

Comfy bed

• Premium King Room with City View

Room was small, had to call room service to change the sheets found a stain on then, tub looked like the plastic slip mat was pulled up and glue / discolor on bottom of tub.

The view was nice

• Traditional Double Room

Check in was rough. Upon arrival we found out that they had overbooked and no double rooms were available. We were told we were "upgraded" to a deluxe king room but all the rooms are the same size and the view was nothing to write home about. We were offered a credit for the hassle. The next day we asked to change rooms and this time we truly were upgraded to a higher room floor with a view and two beds (thanks to Charles the floor manager) and our luggage was moved for us. Also we were told a number of questionable things during check in, such as I needed to sign up for the rewards program or I'd have to pay for WiFi, my credit card was needed for incidentals but i was not told that the entire room was charged to the same credit card, and nothing was said about the mini bar (if items are moved for 30 seconds it would automatically be charged), local calls are charged. ($1.65 for 10 seconds!). However the hassle was not worth all the trouble. It felt like a corporate hotel intent on price gouging rather than making us feel at home. I would need to think again before staying at a Westin again.

Location was very good. About 10 minute walk to pike place market. Close to the monorail for the space needle park. Quick walk to many places. Upper floor rooms have great views in the city.

Can’t think of a thing.the Westin Seattle

A group of friends stayed at the Westin Seattle for a weekend birthday event. The lobby had plenty of seating around the fireplace where we all congregated late at night over cocktails and conversation. The hotel was conveniently located and perfect for a weekend with friends. The bed was so comfortable I’m buying a mattress and bedding from the Westin Heavenly Collection.

• Premium Double Room with City View

Trying to find the parking garage & having to pay a huge amount to be at the same location I stayed. Never have had to pay that amount anywhere. Felt like the room had a weird smell & the bathroom was so tiny.

• Deluxe City View King

At the time of our stay there has been some construction works in the building. This caused some small inconveniences in moving from one part of the building to the other, but it was understandable. We found the breakfast a bit pricey - actually it was strange that for this price it was not included - , like 60 USD for two people for a very basic buffet breakfast. If you walk over to Starbucks you can have a nice breakfast for less, maybe something for the management to consider.

The staff was always nice and helpful. The room was spacious, with a rich minibar and a great view to the other tower (we have been on the 37th floor). Also the hotel is very well located, you can reach out to many things in a walking distance.

• Traditional Double Room

The coffee maker didn't work well - coffee filters were to big for the maker and water flowed all over. We had a double room with 2 beds but a lot of the items such as robes, make-up remover, etc. only included one. The parking situation is crazy confusing! I ended up paying twice and had to be reimbursed. THAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED.

The room and beds were very comfortable.

• Traditional King Room

The place was under construction so I would love to come back when it's finished! Also, I wish I had a larger bathtub. Haha

I loved the location and the value for my money was great! I also loved the room just in general.

• Traditional Double Room

Didn’t like the fact that the bathroom did not have a fan. Also the explanation/directions the outside hotel staff (the staff who was outside the hotel) gave us to go to the hotel outside parking lot (the cheaper one) was confusing that we could not find it and we ended up parking in a public parking.

Great front desk staff! Very helpful and friendly! Confourtable bed! Spacious room! And very clean! ;-)

• Premium Water View Double

Older building so the elevators were very slow to empty. High traffic times due to conventions but something to be aware of when choosing a stau.

Great news and check in was a breeze

• Traditional King Room

The hotel charged me for parking although we didnt even have a car. And the upgrade to the room with a view was a view of us looking at other hotels.(Although prettt, it wasnt worth the extra money.) However, I cant complain about anything else. The staff in every area we went to was friendly and accomodating.

Great location, close to everything we wanted to see and do. The beds were soo comfy, we had the best sleep ever. The gym facility was pretty legit for a hotel gym. It had TRX, kettlebells, free weights, treadmills, bikes, ellipticals, and a multi purpose cable area. I just wish it had more space and barbells. The pool was pretty, and clean although I didn't use it. The hotel is in renovation but it was clearly labeled so I wasn't confused in where to go. Would definitely stay again.

• Premium King Room with City View

The room did not come with a coffee maker or microwave. To use the fridge would cost you $7 one-time charge. We asked for a view room but were put on the 23rd floor (of 47) so really we mostly saw the apartment building across the street. The hotel is under renovation so we couldn’t enter or exit from the north tower.

The location is super convenient to somuch downtown. The room was spacious.

• Traditional Double Room

Room was nice but not worth the money. Definitely paying for the view and location.

Bed was comfortable and the view was amazing! Great customer service.

• Traditional King Room

Very run down. Under construction day we checked in. Needs updates. There was a popcorn ceiling in our room. Room very small. Not the luxury of other Westin hotels we’ve stayed at.

Clean and bed was still the great Westin bed.

• Premium King Room with City View

I was very disappointed there was no hot tub or sauna and the bathroom by the pool was tiny.

Loved the layout of the room and the view. Also the location was amazing!

• Deluxe City View King

Room service was expensive and not worth it. Food was cold and they charge $10 for 2 12 FL OZ cans of soda!!! Such a rip off.

It's nice. Room was amazing. Can't wait to see the finished product after remodel

• Deluxe City View King

While they did their best to mitigate the on going construction in the hotel, the "paths" were somewhat hard to navigate. I am sure after completion it will be much better. I also feel that given the the fact that this is a world class hotel and as such is somewhat pricey, I felt like everytime I turned around there was a charge. I was surprised I couldn't put my water bottle in the fridge without removing something and incurring a charge.

• Deluxe City View Double

I think the $45 per day self park fee is a little over the top especially when you are paying a high rate for the hotel to start with

Staff really good and gym well equipped

• Grand View King

We found the velvet staff to be exceptional. Welcoming, Curtis, professional. They made our stay worth recommending the establishment to others and returning again ourselves

• Deluxe City View Double

Under construction, which wasn’t communicated to us prior to our stay. Toilet paper was of poor quality. Didn’t get the view we requested and paid extra for.

• Premium King Room with City View

They messed up on our room and put us in a room that had other people luggage. It made us feel unsafe because when our key did not work my husband went to get another key and when we walked into the room there were people in there already. So they had to put us in a different room which was on a lower floor and did not have the same view or a tub like we paid for. They did nothing to fix the issue they made. Then we kept thinking all night how easy it would be for someone to get a room key to our room with all of our belongings in it. They also were under construction.

The beds were comfortable and the location was great.

• Premium Water View King

$45 for parking felt a bit steep. We also had to sign up for a (free) hotel membership in order to get free wifi

Great view, friendly and helpful staff. We needed to borrow some scissors for wrapping gifts, and they happily accommodated us

• Deluxe City View Double

No hot tub. Showers didn’t work well (didn’t get even lukewarm) the pool bathroom. Also since the hotel was under construction, it was a little hard to navigate.

• Traditional Double Room

Booking.com did not process my date change with the hotel. I "MANAGED" my booking online with the date change one week prior to my arrival and the hotel did not have my changes. I booked 5 rooms and they only had 4 available due to your error. Very frustrating. I had written email proof of my change and still could not be accommodated.

• Traditional Double Room

View was terrible (looking at a wall!); but when I mentioned this they arranged for me to have a very good view when I returned a week later. Unfortunately on that second occasion the desk clerk told me he had upgraded me to have free wifi but then when the bill came they had charged for wifi.

Excellent bed; friendly service

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• Premium Double Room with City View

No place for my dog to go to the bathroom...yet a "pet friendly" place???? And no hot tub or jacuzzi.

Nice room....great view...super location.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• Traditional Double Room

TV remote was a nuisance. Customer should have quick access to TV guide without have to click out of movie movie mode when tv is turned. When viewing tv, customer should be able to continue viewing after pressing TV guide. Viewing is terminated with each request for TV guide.

Comfortable well equipped room. Great location. Functional fitness centre.

• Traditional Double Room

Staff could be friendlier and faster at check in. They stood around ignoring patrons. View from the room was a wall- they should have foregone putting a window in the room

• Traditional Double Room

We had to call for someone to unlock mini bar twice and wait for them to come to room 40 mins..We had to call to find out WIFI password. We had to call to find out where workout room was located.The hotel has no in room information.

Location to all we planned to do in downtown area

• Premium King Room with City View

I didn't like that I finally paid more to upgrade to the "deluxe city view" room after starting there approximately 10 times and I received a room on a lower floor looking at 4 rooftops and the hvac units. Not impressed with the "booking.yeah" gimmick of this website

conveniently located downtown

• Deluxe City View Double

The registration counter can get hectic when large groups arrive and depart.

The location is very convenient in downtown Seattle. I enjoy getting a room on the higher floors to enjoy the view. Westin beds are fantastic!

• Traditional Double Room

The parking was hard to find and very expensive. Also the main reason we booked the hotel was for the pool and then when we arrived we were told it was under renovation.

Location was good

• Premium Water View Double

I wish there had been a hot tub in the pool area.

I was there for a marathon. The room and the food were excellent! The pool was very nice too. When I asked for a late check out so I could come back to the room after the marathon, they said no problem and allowed me to check out at 3 pm instead of 11 am at no extra charge. Extremely friendly and professional staff!

• Traditional King Room

Check in staff not friendly or helpful. Hard to get to parking because it's not on same street as check in

Very comf rooms and quiet. Great eating options right in hotel. Valet staff were excellent

• Traditional Double Room

The fact we were put on a floor with a group of teenagers that stood in the hall talking till 5am!!! If large school parties are booked other guests should not be mixed on these floors

• Traditional King Room

no pool and water was not very hot in the shower.

Valet service staff very friendly and helpful, gave us all options for parking and directions to parking garage. held door open for me when uber picked us up! So professional. No charge for late checkout much appreciated!

• Traditional Double Room

I didn’t like the prices of the phone calls, $6 to make a local call.........and the in room snack bar. I mean who in the hell charges $5 for a candy bar. What an absolute joke

• Premium King Room with City View

I attended a conference held in Westin. The main hall and some smaller meeting rooms were really cold. At this time of year I did not expect there to be such a cold AC. Also in my room the temperature could not be adjusted to warming at first, but this was repaired.

The whole staff was extremely friendly and helpful. And the location was superb.

• Traditional Double Room

Beds in the double room are so tiny! Only a full, rather than the standard queen from my past experience. Also pretty pricey for how small the room is.

Location was right downtown. Professional staff, clean rooms.

• Traditional King Room

A smart TV would be my only request, but that's a luxury. Everything else was enjoyed.

Fantastic staff. Great food. Wonderful cocktails. Easy walking to lots of restaurants. It is an older property but felt classy.

The fact that you have to pay for every little thing that most hotels include in the price was frustrating. The most annoying thing was The website stated that there was an indoor pool and that is the reason that I booked the hotel but when we arrived they said it was being renovated. The bathroom was old and dirty.

I liked the location and the live music in the evening.

• Traditional Double Room

Thought the meal delivered to the room, although hot & delicious, priced a bit high for 2 people.

Bed was luxurious. I loved the many pillows. Bathroom had a deep tub, which I took full advantage of.

• Traditional Double Room

I was charged for parking while I was at the hotel, but we didn't have a vehicle there. Booked because I wanted a hotel with a pool for the kids....pool was closed but no mention of that when I booked.

Location is good and hotel is nice but not worth the money compared to other hotels nearby.

• Traditional King Room

Overpriced for the area, not as nice as it used to be 10 years ago. They have let themselves go. The staff was great for the most part, except one who refused to refund us when our $16 hamburger came with cheese. No burger no money. Bummer For the money, there are several nicer hotels with must less expensive valet service a few blocks away.

The concierge was a gem, as the bartender who held his own with a rude customer, and never became unprofessional.

Slow luggage arrival.

The bed was great as was the large windows with reasonable view. The luggage arrival could have been a bit more prompt but OK. Check in was pleasant, restaurant quaint and enjoyable as was the lounge for a nightcap.

• Deluxe City View King

service and level of interest/concern of the upper level staff, Concierge, Assistant Manager, was very poor. We had problems and they were not interested. I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Traditional King Room

Thermostat it room was set at 80 degrees...yikes! Took a long time to come down to a comfortable sleeping temp.

The bed, as advertised, is amazing! Almost like home! In addition, they give you a small roll on vial of lavender oil, to help you sleep. Very comfy...

• Traditional Double Room

Not sure if Air Conditioning was off for the season - room temp was OK but would have like to hear the fan blow louder. Kept pushing the button for the fan to go higher but it never did.

The location was perfect for a short walk to Pike's Market. Room was quiet and of course the heavenly bed was wonderful.

• Deluxe City View King

That I was hearing my neybor true the devider door the whole morning starts from 6 am Pretty annoying situation

I like the location and the view from the room

• Traditional King Room

The bathroom could have been cleaner. The tub had a ring around it, and hair from prior customer. The toilet was running. Husband fixed it.

The bed was comfortable. We had a view of a top of a building with exhaust fans. They switched us to another room.

• Premium Water View Double

Dirty, dusty, sheets of bed were rough. Not worth the money. A lot of dirty windows, window sill and around the room. Dirty carpet.

The view was nice, but suppose to have a deluxe room with view of water. It didn't mention the big building blocking the view.

• Premium Water View King

We were on the 34th floor. The air conditioner did not work no air circulation at all very stuffy. Shower water pressure was poor. When you pay for a ocean view you mostly get a high rise apptmemt view along with it. Personally I think it is way over priced. Next time we will stay at the Fairmont

Near shopping

• Traditional King Room

The lines at the front desk were always very long, the hotel put large pending transactions on my credit card, the hotel bar wasn't open as late as advertised, parking was expensive

The staff was very attentive and friendly, the room was spacious and comfortable and had a good city view.

• Traditional Double Room

Parking garage is difficult for larger SUVs

Good location. Within walkin distance of shopping and public transportation. A lot of good places to eat nearby.

see above

Handicapped room--not handicapped--faucet leaked all over floor--no hot water--no newspapers on premise--staff barley paid attention even when checking in --will not use booking.com ever again.

• Traditional Double Room

Television was small and having to pay for food and snacks that are left in the room is silly.

The room was nice, bathroom was acceptable, staff was kind and easy to deal with, valet was quick. Room was acceptable. I've certainly stayed at better hotels, but the accommodation was nice enough for an overnight visit.

• Grand view Double

The worst part of the stay is that the wifi cost extra. It just feels like nickel and diming for every little thing they can.

The stay was absolutely wonderful. Check in was fast and service was very friendly. We reserved a Grand View Room, and it was completely worth the money we paid for it. The beds were very comfortable, and they gave plenty of pillows. There was even an extra blanket in the room closet. The best part was the bathrobe in the bathroom felt like heaven.

• Traditional Double Room

Took more than an hour for our luggage to be delivered. After 2 phone calls and went down personally to front desk. 2 of us share a tiny tube of shampoo everyday dealing our stay. No free wifi in room.

• Traditional Double Room

Keeping up with the global Westin quality, The Westin Seattle does no disappoint. At the arrival the parking experience is smooth, the front personnel is warm and polite, the rooms are luxurious and well equipped. Exceptional good location; depending water front rooms have a beautiful view.

Room Beds

Great location friendly staff Room is small for family Beds very small not convenient at all for two persons Asked for queen beds but given regular beds

• Premium Water View King

We came into town to watch the Mayweather/McGregor fight and asked ahead of time to book at the hotel, they said there would be multiple places having the fight and they would assist in booking when we got there- Once we arrived, there were two places having the fight and both were sold out, and the concierge just handed us the flyer. We had to walk around for 4 hrs to find out that there were only 2 places that were ordering the fight. I would of rather stayed in my wonderful room than walk around, as the room was really great, comfortable and had the BEST view! No Free Wi-Fi but I would have ordered if I was in the room longer.

Bed was really, really comfy- We were upgraded to a better view room however had to wait an hour past check out time to get into the room, but for sure worth the wait. Included pics of the amazing view!

• Grand View King

The water pressure in the bathroom was really low.

Tim who helped check me in was excellent and even helped get me a room with a great view when I mentioned we were there because my wife's birthday and she loves views from tall buildings.

• Traditional Double Room

It totally not worth the money I paid. It charges me US$450/night for staying, even the location is quite good, the facility of the hotel is super old. The counter staff always tried to sell their high floor with views and let you pay extra hundred dollars. For the parking, it charges US$60/night! It is unbelievable humidity in the room!!! I will never come back again and not recommend to friend.

Absolutely nothing.

Everything. Staff were efficient, friendly and couldn't do enough to help. The room was extremely comfortable and the view was absolutely breathtaking at night. Facilities at the hotel were great and the location is spot on. I loved this hotel so much that I cancelled reservations elsewhere just so I could return for one night. The second visit did not disappoint.

Browse The Westin Seattle traveller photo gallery