Reviews of The Windsor Suites Philadelphia 4 stars

1700 Benjamin Franklin Parkway, Philadelphia, PA 19103 , USA

#7 of 75 hotels in Philadelphia

Based on 2045 hotel reviews

• Double Studio

The false fire alarm that blasted throughout the night. An issue that popped out was miscommunication with the staff, where the requests asked for was delayed. It was resolved 2-4 hours afterwards. The toilet flushing was scary.

Friendly staff, spacious rooms, and lots of good places around the hotel. Walking distance to a large park and lots of dining areas around.

• King Studio

Parking at the hotel was extremely expensive.

The room was spacious and the beds were extremely comfortable. I really appreciated the fact that the hotel does not charge a pet fee.

• King Studio

Large room with kitchen facilities and large closet. Good breakfast in lobby at irish pub and nice manager get together with good food and wine on Tuesday evening.

• King Studio

Parking costs extra, but I guess that's true of most downtown hotels.

The staff was helpful and friendly, the rooms were well taken care of and clean, and the hotel was centrally located.

• King Studio

The cold water did not work so the shower was extremely hot and the sink had a clog in it but both were taken care of by nice staff. Although parking a little expensive it is so easy having it next to hotel.

The room was beautiful and spacious. The bed was comfortable. The staff extremely pleasant and helpful. Parking next to hotel too.

• Double Studio

They could have specified that you had to pay for parking on the Booking.com site.

Excellent location. The staff was extremely helpful. Thanks Ivy for taking care of our room.

• King Studio

Only gripe we had was that the shower had really bad, almost non-existent water pressure.

Great location. Nice huge rooms with kitchenette, comfortable bed. Good onsite Irish pub/restaurant.

• King Studio

The facility made me feel like home, it was very comfortable and spotless. I love the kitchen set up I was so pleased to be able to make meals instead of spending extra money ordering out every night. I would definitely recommend the windsor suite to others. The staff was awesome very welcoming.

• King One-Bedroom Suite

I honestly liked everything.

I must say, I was very impressed with your hotel. The staff was very nice and accommodating, and for that prices it simply does not get any better. We were treated very well, and I would stay here anytime.

• King Studio

Pool was closed and it wasn't specified, when booking the room First night we were given a very loud room facing the main street and next to elevator (although I asked for a quieter place). We transferred for the 2nd nice and it was OK. Staff especially at the check in wasn't very friendly.

Central location

• King Studio

Continental Breakfast was a bit poor, but there are enough Starbucks or Cafes around

Spacious room, attentive and helpful staff at check-in and even after checkout while I had to clarify questions related to my paid invoice location for business very good, even for for sightseeing: 10-12 Minutes walk to main tourist attractions Dinner in the Irish-Pub was excellent

• King Studio

Rooms are very spacious, With a kitchen very large bed en lots of storage space. So all those things are great!! However the deco is tired and stuffy. And the rooms are quite dark. I stayed in the hotel twice and really like to stay in a room at the front which is lighter since at the back are huge office towers which need you to close your curtains for privacy and take away your light.

Staff is very friendly and accomodating. Parking at the hotel. The rooms are very spacious. Tons of storage which we needed since my son moved out of college. Could do all the laundry in the laundry rooms and the location is great. Walking distance from shops and restaurants and Rittenhouse square. Booked my rooms already for August move in date.

• King Studio

Perfect location for exploring the city - 2 min walk from Suburban station which has direct line to the airport. Spacious rooms, spotlessly clean and friendly staff. Would happily stay here again.

• King Studio

Our room specifically, was very warm no matter how low the ac was. The temperature was at most warm (74-76 degrees at all times) in the room even when we left for a few hours to let it cool the room down. as for the parking, I wish they would have accommodated for it instead of us paying separately. It was never mentioned over the phone

The room was clean and well maintained.

• Double Studio

No large cooking bowls for use in microwave. Porridge oats could not be cooked in the small silly bowls. Only 2 sets of knives and forks.... What if we had invited friends to dinner?

The very friendly welcome and atmosphere in the hotel. We liked the 'meet and greet' party on the Tuesday evening. Good opportunity to meet other guests.

• King Studio

Misleading pricing blamed on Booking.com. Not sure who was responsible, but not good value or handled very well by the staff. Seemed to cost twice what I was quoted on Booking.com when I checked out, at least twice the cost of the Marriott Downtown.

• King Studio

I did not like that we arrived to find our room not ready and they tried to give use a lower scaled room for the same price. Then we end up with a handicap room.

I like the location and the cleanliness of the property.

• King Studio

Elevators were a little slow and small. Lobby could be bigger. Bathroom in room is small compared to the suite size. Don't need that bedroom closet. Use it to make bathroom bigger. Room was clean overall but it could use a real cleaning and dusting.

Staff was exceptional. Friendly, couteous, helpful, accommodating, went above and beyond to make us comfortable and happy.

• Double Studio

I can’t think of anything negative to say about our experience.

The hotel staff were very welcoming and helpful. I felt like they were genuinely offering to make our stay as pleasant as possible. The room was immaculate and very spacious. I loved having the Kurig in our room; so nice to have a cup of coffee first thing in the morning without having to leave the room. Actual creamer too! We asked for an early Check in and we received it! We had dinner one night at the Irish pub style restaurant at the hotel and it was delicious! The location of the hotel is perfect walking distance to many historical and tourist sights. We walked almost everywhere and it was very easy to hale a taxi as well.

• King Studio

Staff was exceptional. From the time we arrived until departure, every staff member was friendly, attentive, and professional. The most outstanding was Autumn at the front desk. We will stay here again.

• King One-Bedroom Suite

Parking is quite expensive. The street is quite loud. I requested to be not close to lift, ice machine and the service room. It seems that they did not see the NOT and we were close to these three options what made me actually smile as I could see that they read it and wanted to fulfill my request but did not read properly. I love this hotel.

It was already the second time we stayed at this hotel and it was even better than the last time. the rooms are comfortable modern and spacious. The kitchen is well equipped and convenient. There is an option to buy groceries for really reasonable prices. The staff is extremely friendly and nice. It is tremendously pet friendly. My dog got a n extra box with a bed, two bowls and dog treats! Additionally information about dog friendly parks, some rules for the hotel and a sticker for the room door that the staff knew there was a pet. It is located very central close to the city and all the museums. A garage is on extra charge but directly at hotel. I just can highly recommend this hotel it is just awesome!!!!

• King Studio

we were not expecting such a huge suite with a full kitchen and a walk in closet that was as big as a tiny NYC studio apartment. we were sorry that we were there only one night. The lobby is small but nice, a typical city type of hotel lobby. The hallways and the rooms are well kept and more high end than you would expect from looking at the lobby. The room was quite spacious. The next night we stayed in Club Quarters (couldn't get two nights in a row at the same place) and this place was superior in the size of the room, and the general upkeep of the hallways. CQ has a really nice lobby/solarium which is a great hangout place. But Windsor's rooms and hallways were far superior. If I were to go back to Philadelphia for anything, this is the place that I would stay! The area is vibrant with a lot of beautiful architecture and fun restaurants. We had a late dinner at the attached Irish bar which was very very good. Hit the spot.

• King Studio

Stayed for my birthday and I loved my stay It was wonderful so comfortable and close to everything you could possibly need the room was clean and spacious1

• King Studio

Elevators very slow. Takes a long time to get to and from the room. The shower has low Flow. I've had better bed sheets in ither Hotel. Value for money not great. This isn't a 4 star hotel

Big comfortable room. Good kitchen facilities.

• Double Studio

Kitchen was useful for snacks & such. There wasn't much for food prep but we did make eggs and toast one morning. LOUD!! Big party on our floor that was shut down after 2 am. The doors close loudly and you hear everyone coming and going in the hallway.

Location was great. Put the car in park and walked to everything-the Barnes, Rodin, Free Library, Philadelphia Museum of Art & Franklin Institute. There were many restaurant choices on Callowhill Street & closer.

• Double Studio

Staff st fromt desk on check in did not even akbowledge us after standing in front of them for about 10 min. I had to say something as the lady just kept busy on the phone

Clean property

• King Studio

for it to be the "Windsor" I'm surprised there was no breakfast not even continental. The beds were uncomfortable. Parking is astronomical and I'll never go there again. I was awaken by my shower making a crazy noise and no, no one was in it. I had to request pots and pans because the kitchen had none. it was small, I hated it.

nothing, honestly. I didn't care for this hotel--the parking and extra fees were way too much and for it to have been so expensive and "Fancy" the fact that they don't serve breakfast at all not even a donut was wack.

• Double One-Bedroom Suite

The air conditioning system is set to heat or cool by the hotel. The bathroom and bathtub were rather small while the room was huge.

The place was clean and roomy.

The King Studio Suite was to die for. The view was so beautiful! The bed was amazingly awesome. We slept like kings & queens. Nice full size kitchen to cook in. Didn't wanna go home😭. And the staff were wonderful and always amazing. Definitely will be returning back for sure.

• King Studio

I really love this hotel! They went above and beyond to make my birthday weekend special, I enjoyed it so much I actually extended my stay an extra day!

• King One-Bedroom Suite

There was no traditional room service. The heater was VERY loud, as was the trafffic on the street (I stayed on 15th floor).

Location. Staff. Balcony and view.

• Double Studio

The Windsor Suites staff is superb - very helpful and friendly. The front desk staff was happy to share well-informed recommendations on places to eat and visit, and the bellman service was prompt, friendly, and courteous. Our room met our needs very well, with a well-equipped kitchenette, comfortable beds, and plenty of closet space. The location of the hotel also is excellent, with many museums and attractions within a short walking distance.

• Double Studio

Staff, especially at reception, could have been a little friendlier, especially given that it was rough weather outside, we had been traveling all day and I was with my four year old

Clean, comfortable room; great hotel location

• King Studio

Staff were very helpful. We were delayed by one day in arriving due to a northeast blizzard and winds and plane not being able to land. I called hotel staff directly who were extraordinarily helpful in changing our reservation to start the following night so that we would not be billed for the night we could not be there.

• Double One-Bedroom Suite

Bathroom is small and rooms are a bit dated but amount of space makes up for that.

Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Great location in center city. Perfect for event at convention center. Great place to stay for group of friends or families

• King Studio

The restaurant called Asia on the Parkway service was displeasing. They never checked on us besides to give us the check that was it.

We always enjoy the staff Tracey is awesome, everyone is so friendly and happy to help whenever you need it.

• Double Studio

The carpet was old and did not look clean. For $1,500. usd I would have expect a much nicer Room. Stove was old and bottom drawer did not close properly.

Large room, well located. Staff was nice and ready to help.

• Double Studio

The parking, we were told it was free whe we arrived, then when we checked out they told us it was $42 and that parking attendant was rude

The rooms were clean, the staff was friendly

• Double Studio

First night - great sleep Second night- VERY noisey neighbor all night, called desk, moved us up stairs, gave us tickets to eat breakfast at bar. Last two nights very good! Wasnt planning on being there on night of superbowl, was very interesting, when we booked wasnt thinking of eagles even being in superbowl. Price increased for hotel room after they found out they were going, hotel tried to increase price on us but had confirmation number from booking. Com for original price. Credit card got everything worked out! We enjoyed our trip to phily for our geneology. Only thing that was irritating was elevators were slow.

Rooms large, staff very accommodating, Housekeeping, bell man, maintenance, very very Accommodating!

• King Studio

I couldn't get the A/C working as it wasn't turned on yet. So, I had problems getting the room cooled down.

The rooms are spacious with a full kitchen. I only stayed one night, but it would be great for a long stay. The location is very good. It's right on the parkway, a short walk to the museums, and close to center city, with plenty of restaurants and shopping.

• Double One-Bedroom Suite

The receptionist as staff were excellent - very welcoming to our children and took time out to make sure we had everything. Even brought the kids a board game to play in the room.

• King Studio

Not being able to upgrade my room. No fault of the hotel.

The location, professionalism and politeness of the staff and the comfort and cleanliness of the room.

• King Studio

Noise from the street is nearly constant (sirens, talking, yelling). We stayed on the 15th floor but apparently that wasn't enough of a buffer from the sound.

The guest rooms are essentially "apartments"; full kitchen with a laundry room right down the hall. The location is fantastic - walkable, easy access to everything in the center city, and close enough to the subway line.

• King Studio

Our keys kept deactivating, but the staff was so accommodating and ensuring we had access to our room in a timely manner.

Though we were in the heart of city center, it was quiet and peaceful. Additionally, having the two restaurant options downstairs was so convenient.

• Double Studio

Stay on only floors 7 and above. The windows of my room slid open and had no latch/lock. The rooms on the sixth floor overlook the roof of the floor below so you could easily exit the room from the window and walk across to the flat roof and slide open another room's window to gain entry. This is a serious security/safety threat and should be addressed by the hotel immediately. I'm shocked that this was an issue and if there was a "safety" category I would have given the hotel a zero.

I was shocked by the value for the money. The hotel was very reasonable priced for a prime location. Each room was very large, comfortable, clean, and modern. The hotel staff was absolutely amazing and welcoming, especially the bell boys at the entrance. They have thought of all the little things.

• Double One-Bedroom Suite

When we first got there our cards didn’t work and when we did get in it was the wrong room so we had to go down stairs to get the room we paid for , they then told us everything was booked . So later on they put us in a room and has to bring up a matress which was so small . They did pay for dinner for 2 , but i feel as if i should have got a discount on the room

The room was a good size

• King One-Bedroom Suite

Although it is a nice hotel there are some issues we did encounter. Housekeeping should be more thorough with cleaning. There was dust on the lamps, the bathroom and the kitchen and for a person with asthma and allergy issues such as myself dust is not good. Not to mention the fridge looks like it hadn't been cleaned in months the cracks had stains and crumps in it, it was disgusting. The carpet hadn't been vacuumed because we could see dirt and hair particles on it. Overall the stay was good not great!

• King Studio

The comfort and cleanliness of the room. The complimentary water bottles and jug in the full kitchen. Friendly staff at check in and out , also as I went in and off of facility . This is the best hotel I have ever stayed in. I greatly reccomend it for anyone in or out of town.

• Double Studio

It's my WORST experience of hotel stay via booking.com. unfreindly toward non English native speaker. When we checked in, the attitude of staff of front desk was brush-off. When we complaint the size of two full-beds are different from decription on booking.com. The other staff told "it's not our problems. Just complain to booking.com" Their house keeping is terrible. They forgot to clean my room, left someone's trash at corridor for whole night.

location is good

• King Studio

Fee for parking was tooo expensive and not made clear when room was booked. Very unhappy with that charge. You neeed to make this charge very prominent in the booking process. I felt bushwhacked. Ruined my experience.

• Double Studio

I didn’t like the fact that we had to pay a separate $82 charge for hotel parking. Normally parking is free but we were not notified of this when we booked.

• King Studio

There was a problem with the hot water - things happen though. They were appropriately apologetic.

Room was clean and comfortable. Friendly, helpful staff.

• Double Studio

I didn't like that I had to pay for a night which I didn't stay. We had a death in the family and booking.com nor the Windsor Suites were willing to make any adjustments in waiving 2/7/18 room charges, very insensitive and uncompassionate.

Everything met our expectations, the hotel is centrally located near shopping, restaurants, tourists sites.

• King One-Bedroom Suite

The restaurant was terrible. One day the completely cut off room service after i was told it would be available and i had no car. There was only an outdoor pool not an inside one. Elevators were so small i had to wait forever to get one and it was always packed. This trip was ridiculous and was not worth the 600$ i worked hard for.

My room was great and spacious very cute.

• King Studio

The only thing i would suggest is better lighting in the rooms.

The staff was so pleasant. Everyone was extremely helpful and really set the bar for hotel staff. I was honestly blown away. I’ve stayed at many hotels in Philadelphia and this is, by far, my favorite stay. The rooms were beautiful and clean, the location was absolutely perfect. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Double One-Bedroom Suite

Beds WAY too small for today’s expectations, and far too bouncy - would have been fine on my own but my husband woke me up every time he turned over.

Nice big spacious suite so we had some space when the kids were in bed. Very helpful staff.

Booking.Com

The staff was excellent. They go above and beyond for their guests. However, Booking.Com did not have my payment set up the way it was supposed to be. I had to pay again with a credit card. Now I paid twice for the stay thanks to Booking.Com. I will not be using your swervices again.

• King Studio

The only thing that really bothered me is the staff's incompetence in correcting an accounting mistake at check-out, which they had made in my invoice. Specifically, instead of charging $18.00 for my breakfast, they had charged $1800. This would have been understandable and completely forgiveable on my side in either of the following cases: i) If they had noticed their own mistake, not me – this did not happen... instead, I had to explain to them that breakfasts do not usually cost $1800. ii) If they had properely apologized to me – this did not happen... all I got was an offhanded "sorry", no consolation present, nothing. Considering that I was missing almost $2000 from my credit card balance for several days due to this "little mishap". As I tend to become mighty touchy when it comes to money, I found this problem resultion totally unacceptable. Bottom line: if you want to run a great hotel, it is not enough to offer convenient rooms and useful services. You need to have a staff (especially receptionists) with people skills.

Overall, I was satisfied with the hotel's services and amenities.

I have no complains.

We landed in Philadelphia at 5 in the morning and check-in wasn't until 3pm. They still allowed us to early check-in, had the room ready and waived the extra cost withouth even having to ask.

• King Studio

The room was spacious, clean and comfortable and the staff was super fun (we chatted for awhile about the new Star Wars movie). We felt very welcomed at the hotel and the building itself is in a great spot in the city for anything and everything you could need. A Wawa is also nearby for late night snacks or essentials.

• Double Studio

Wish I would’ve had an indoor poor.. went during the winter and the pool was closed.

The staff was amazing! The morning staff afternoon staff and night staff!!! Especially the night staff!! Those two guys were just awesome!! Helped me with so much! Even accommodated me in seconds! Extremely informative. Showed me where the nearest liquor store was and gave me options. I mean these guys are awesome!! I seriously wanted to stay in the lobby all night. EXCELLENT ROOM! Room 1207 was perfect.

• King Studio

The one thing that I was shocked to see on this trip was a bunch of undesirable people being extremely loud and raucous in the lobby. They were laying around on the chairs and couch and the people at the front desk did nothing about it. This did not make me feel very safe.

The location is awesome!

• King One-Bedroom Suite

The kitchen wasn’t all that clean as I noticed lots of crumbs from the previous guests. Other than that I have no complaints.

We stayed at The Windsor Suites for 1 night in order to celebrate my boyfriends birthday. I booked the one bedroom king suite specifically because it comes with a full kitchen! I was able to prepare and cook my boyfriend a meal. We had an amazing night, we were more than comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting/staying in philly.

• King Studio

I wish that we knew before hand about the parking fee. Also, I was expecting complimentary breakfast but it’s okay.

The bed was of maximal comfort. It felt great. The rooms are spacious and the view of the city is quite nice from the room.

• King Studio

The waste disposal in the sink had a few problems. Otherwise Engineering were quick at dealing with the fix. Also key cards always neede recharging.

Especially enjoyed the Concierge Gabriel. A sunny smile, a few welcoming words, always pro-actively offering helpful advise about Philly. Pro-active and helpful when seeing us loaded down by getting lift or offering to help with load. Thank u Gabriel he made us feel welcome. Special thanks to Housekeeping for being quietly competent. Thanks to Check-in staff Brian, Ben and C Spadaro for my Printing.

• Double Studio

When I’m taking a shower that water doesn’t hot enough! The first night heater doesn’t really well, I think is the room too large.

Suite room is really comfortable and convenient,I did bought something from Trader Joe’s and cook by myself.

• King Studio

The parking is ridiculously expensive.

The front desk person, Benjamin went above and beyond during my stay to make sure i had everything I needed and felt at home.

• Double One-Bedroom Suite

May not be hotels fault but a new NFL football was lost during our stay. Was in car although may have fallen out when we exited the car or went missing when we valet parked. Did phone shortly after we left but when they checked it had not been tuirned in

Convenient

• King One-Bedroom Suite

Couch wasn't very comfortable. The pillows on the bed were horrible.

Very spacious, nice view, staff was friendly and helpful. Loved the Irish pub next door.

• King Studio

Great location, large, comfortable suite. Staff friendly from check in to checkout. Valet parking on site, also great staff. 2 restaurants also on site, Irish pub-excellent. All for a very affordable price, esp. being in a big city!!

• Double Studio

I didn’t like the fact that the stopper in the tub did not work so i could not take a bath i called down twice and asked someone to come fix I.T but no one ever came, i also had an issue with the housekeeping lady she knocked on my door multiple times even though i had a do not disturb sign on the door and i also had a late checkout but she knocked every hour from like 9-10 am until i left

I loved the rooms they were very nice and clean

• Double Studio

We had NO heat in the first room. We told the staff, they checked the heating system and realized there was no heat. They transferred us to another room and THAT room had NO heat either!! And we told them that we had 2 toddlers with us that have bronchitis and asthma!!! So we had to sleep in a cold room all night and the weather was 30 degrees outside. It was horrible and the children caught colds!!

The bed was very comfy and the room was clean.

• King Studio

We had a few issues with the parking at the hotel. We had no problem paying the high price of $42.00 per night to park our car there but 1 night they upped the price to $46.00 for the night just because they gave us the incorrect color ticket. Also, the parking staff gave us an attitude one night that we needed to go back out shortly after we came in for the night, due to a family emergency. The parking attendant got downright angry with us for having to leave so shortly after he just parked the car. We didn't plan this family emergency and the attendant couldn't care less that we had an emergency. I think that he was just upset that he had to actually work.

The room is phenomenal and all amenities are included which is very nice. The view from our balcony was exceptional!

• King Studio

Parking was way to expensive. It cost $42 to park over night and we didn’t get in until 1am. Check out was at 11 so $42 is a lot of money to park. Since there’s no parking in the area it should be way cheaper for the people who stay at the hotel. It cost $12 to park until 2 am if you don’t stay at hotel so why charge guest so much?

I enjoyed the staff. I enjoyed the comfort of the room.

• King Studio

Staff was nice, but looking for a tooth brush I forgot the staff help was to send us to a near by drug store.

Location was great -- Train station, Thanksgiving Day Parade, Christmas Market, and great restaurants close by. And as it was a very cold day were were fantastically grateful to be able to check into our room early to get out of the cold after the parade. Also like begin able to bring our dog.