Reviews of Tidewater Beach Resort by Wyndham Vacation Rentals 4 stars

#34 of 284 hotels in Panama City Beach

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Comfortable, great veiw
    • One-Bedroom Condo with Coastline View

We were over charged $200.00 + after our check out and I paid in full when I made the reservation. I keep getting passed from the booking company to resort and vice versa

Every employee except front desk clerk and security lady in garage

I loved the property and my stay at Tidewater.
    • One-Bedroom Condo with Sea View

I hated the arm band rule. No one wants to wear an armband. Tacky. Uncomfortable. Tan line!

I loved the property and my stay at Tidewater. Super clean. Super comfortable. Perfect location. View was amazing from our room.

The only complaints I have are the elevators taking forever,...
    • One-Bedroom Condo with Sea View

The only complaints I have are the elevators taking forever, having to punch a code to get out to the beach & how expensive the tiki bar is. I can overlook these things but to some people it may be a big deal.

Just slightly above OK
    • One-Bedroom Condo with Coastline View

Staff was totally impersonal to basically non-existent. Did not like that you couldn't charge to your room Bed was worn out and not comfortable at all

I liked the full kitchen
    • One-Bedroom Condo with Coastline View

My room was on the end of the building as was not facing the ocean. I reserved a room months in advance. I had hoped to get one facing the ocean. The day of check out was a disaster. 15 minute waits for the elevator, no luggage buggies available, had to walk the parking deck looking of a buggy. After packing and being ready to go, it took over an hour to leave.

I liked the full kitchen

It was a nice place to stay.
    • One-Bedroom Condo with Coastline View

We ran out of toilet paper within two days, batteries didn't work in the remotes.

The room was spacious, and clean. Indoor pool was warm for kids to swim. Workout facility were adequate. Easy beachfront access.

I loved the fully stocked kitchen was able to cook...
    • Two-Bedroom Condo with Sea View

I loved the fully stocked kitchen was able to cook Christmas day dinner! beds were wonderful and of course waking up to the beach everyday was wonderful!

Poorly managed.
    • One-Bedroom Condo with Sea View

Poorly managed. Of all the Resort quest managed vacation rentals we've used in the past. Drapes falling, outside furniture broken, elevators out of service.

Disappointed at the least!
    • One-Bedroom Condo with Coastline View

The trip was made quite miserable because of the management of the beach. Signs everywhere said no tens or private beach chairs in front of paid beach services. This was not the deal. Drunken bafoons everywhere in front of paid services. So much for PCB cleaning up its act. Would not recommend this location to anyone!!

I liked the location, you can't really beat beachfront.
    • One-Bedroom Condo with Coastline View

I did not like that our apartment had a sweet garbage smell when we arrived, . And the bedspread, seemed as though had not been washed in awhile. I am a total germ-a-phobe, so I washed everything, and cleaned everything prior to using. And the elevators did take, a long time, but it is a large building. The pricing was so deceptive....Fee upon fee after it was listed for a reasonable price. The price nearly doubled after the fees.

I liked the location, you can't really beat beachfront. And the amenities were nice. It was easy to get to shops, the beach, restaurants. I like that our apartment was off to the side, and I appreciated the view. The staff was friendly as well.

Not worth the money per night
    • One-Bedroom Condo with Coastline View

Room code changed and other family couldn't get new code even though they had wristbands. I later was told I didn't add all parties to the registration card but I was not called on my cellphone by the staff to let me know family was stuck and needed to be let in. When I went to inquire for myself getting access a young woman working the front desk completely tried to treat me like an idiot telling me in a Condescending voice"Ma'am this is a machine! And this is a Computer so basically deal with your code randomly changing on your visit. So rude and not an ounce of apology for the inconvenience. I didn't like having to leave My ID with the security guard for a luggage dolly when u had to wear property wristband proving you were a guest. It was a inconvenience to have to go all the way back to car where purse was locked to get my iD after I had already checked in. Customer service was more like a jail visitor then satisfying or being cordial to guests. The room is overpriced for what u get and the patio and chairs were covered In Pigeon poop and needed pressure washing from the regular dirt build up alone.

Very hot; unfortunately, with heat index over 100, not healthy to do some of the things we had plann
    • One-Bedroom Condo with Coastline View

Seemed like alot of security; of course, hadn't been to the beach in several years, so can't tell when things had changed.

I love the beach and the seafood.

Resort was clean property, nice size clean rooms right off the beach but buildings a little dated.
    • One-Bedroom Condo with Coastline View

Tge area around right outside room was dated and needed cleaning. The door mat was dirty and ragged. Did not like the process of going from first floor to second floor to walkthrough to get to parking structure and then going to second floor when entering property from parking and then having to go back to first floor. Cleaning fees were too high almost $200.00, but I had to take my own trash out and ckean refrigerator before I left. Ridiculous

I loved the size of the room,stayed in a one bedroom condo beach side. Bed was very comfy, kitchen bathroom and common area were very clean. View was pretty cool. Stayed on first floor so getting an elevator was not as time consuming as being on top floors. Staff was fairly nice more so polite tgan nice. Easy access to beach, beach was on resort property, right off the resort. Ocean was clean and even had small schools of fish. The ocean temperature was just right, seating on property provided chairs and umbrellas but first come first served.

We won't stay any where else but Tidewater from now on. Yes we liked it that much.
    • One-Bedroom Condo with Coastline View

The facility was above our expectations in every way with one exception, sometimes there was a long wait on the elevators. A couple of times we waited for about 15 minutes and was told by staff that at certain times it has been up to 30 minutes but I would say that would be extremely rare. All in all we were more than satisfied and will be back next year.

Overall nice stay, be sure to park in camera view!
    • One-Bedroom Condo with Coastline View

My motorcycle was damaged by hooligans and were unable to find who it was because the camera system was installed terribly with huge blind spots. There were dirty dishes left in the dishwasher from previous guest. Elevators were extremely slow.

The close proximity to pier park was a plus. The room was spacious and had a good view of the gulf. The staff was courteous and helpful.

This was one of my best trips.
    • One-Bedroom Condo with Coastline View

The matteress were a little worn and elevators at times was slow.

This was one of my best trips. The stay at Tidewater was awesome. . I've never saw so much security, really made you feel safe. Great access to the beach.

Never Again
    • One-Bedroom Condo with Sea View

The elevator wait times were ridiculous. They were slow, hot and very crowded. Check in time was 4pm and we didn't get our room code until almost 7pm. The over 2 hour wait for my room to be ready was ridiculous.

I liked that it was on the beach. It also had an indoor pool plus 2 outdoor pools.

View was beautiful!
    • One-Bedroom Condo with Sea View

The wait for the elevators was long sometimes. And the master bedroom window was next to the elevators.

View was beautiful! The kitchen was well stocked with everything we needed.

the layout
    • One-Bedroom Condo with Coastline View

The bed is wore out. We got there late and you have to go to second floor to get a cart for luggage. We unloaded the luggage in the parking garage, while I was waiting on my husband to park the security guard asked me if we had a parking permit and bracelets. I told him we didn't know anything about them this was our first time here. He got smart and said if we didn't have a parking permit our vehicle would be towed and I needed to walk over to the motel to get one. I explained to him my husband was parking the truck and I would tell him. He said no I need you to go get the permit now and I will watch your stuff. I don't know you and I'm not leaving my stuff with you. I said look man we just drove 11hrs to get here and i'm wore out and I don't need you getting smart right now. He said well I hope you don't mind paying a tow bill. He was very rude. There was another lady standing there with her luggage waiting on her husband to get parked and he was rude to her. Don't be in a hurry to go anywhere there is not enough elevators in the place. It was a 30min wait.

the layout

Bed was as comfortable as at home!
    • One-Bedroom Condo with Sea View

Only thing I'd complain about was the elevators!! Slow isn't the word for them!! On vacation , so not in a big hurry, but if I was I'd sure been out of luck!! Elevators are at a snails pace ! 25-30 min wait is too long and then elevators would be packed with people at times!

Bed was as comfortable as at home! Room was very clean! Security excellent ! Balcony was great for waterview

The free parking
    • One-Bedroom Condo with Sea View

Planned on getting our room in the morning but didn't get it till 4pm. Also our bedspread had blood on it and we had to go to another room to grab another one.

The free parking

Everything was great except for the elevators
    • One-Bedroom Condo with Sea View

The elevators were horrible. To wait to get downstairs we waited 30 minutes just to get on.

The hotel in general was great. The staff were nice and friendly.

Great time, would make a few changes
    • One-Bedroom Condo with Sea View

Elevator wait times were horrible. Waiting in line for an hour to reserve beach chairs was a waste of time because others came and set up canopies right in front of us every day so no view of the ocean sitting in the chairs we waited over an hour to get. We were not allowed to park/drive rented golf cart on property, we had to pay to park it across the street.

Very kid friendly

We had all the amenities we needed.
    • One-Bedroom Condo with Sea View

The only down fall of the resort is the elevators. Its a large condominium with a lot of people. As long as you have a patient vacation mood, everything was just fine.

We had all the amenities we needed. Everyone was so nice, luggage carts easily accessible, food, bar drinks, pool, beach access, and beach chairs were great!! Very very clean! We will absolutely be coming back for many vacations to come. *Bring high quality sheets from home. 😀

The staff was very friendly & helpful.
    • One-Bedroom Condo with Coastline View

The one day we chose to eat breakfast in the restaurant they had 2 items on the menu that they were out of (1 of which was what I wanted)

The staff was very friendly & helpful. We had some trouble with the key code, called to the front desk & was helped right away.

Very nice place to stay and I will stay again if I get the...

Elevators were very slow

Very nice place to stay and I will stay again if I get the chance. The view and room was great the only problem we had was the elevators were extremely slow other than that fantastic place to stay.

Great vacation with the family.
    • One-Bedroom Condo with Sea View

The noise level on the last night of our trip was higher than we liked. The carpet seemed to be worn quite a bit with a slight smell when wet. The cleaning fee seems a bit steep. Perhaps a discount for returning guests who don't leave a huge mess would be a good idea.

The beach was close, and that was very convenient for my family. There was enough room for us to be comfortable, with everything we needed. The views were awesome and the staff was very friendly/helpful.

I will not stay here again!!!
    • Three-Bedroom Condo with Sea View

The availability of staff and their hours of operation are very poor. I sat on a phone for 5 minutes in the rain waiting for someone to pick up the phone while trying to register. No staff available for early check out either.

Location and accommodations are above average.

• One-Bedroom Condo with Coastline View

We were on the 20th floor and it usually took a while for the elevator.

The view was spectacular! The location, cleanliness and quietness were much appreciated!

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Horrible place
    • One-Bedroom Condo with Sea View

The room was not cleaned well. Sheet cover was dirty and I had to wash as was kids bunk bed comforters. No broom or vacuume had to beg for a broom. The sliding door u had to be the hulk to open. The pool was so so cold nobody swimming in it. Not heated. Ice maker did not work. Beach has a storm run off drain causing beach to be dirty and smelly. I paid a lot of money and wanted extra day free and they wouldn't do it. And place empty of people. I can see why now. We had to go to different beaches to swim. When I questioned what I was charged to a few other tenants rates they paid the manager said I paid higher because I booked thru you.

Nothing about this place did I like

Bring your own cleaning supplies.
    • One-Bedroom Condo with Sea View

It was a dirty and poorly maintained facility, I didn't feel comfortable walking barefoot in our room. None of the remotes worked for the TV, and the beds were old and dirty. It wouldn't have been so bad, but they charged a very steep cleaning fee, and I expected that it would have been reflected in the quality of the room.

The view of the water was perfect.

Short Spring Break but Made the Best of It!
    • One-Bedroom Condo with Sea View

The upkeep and cleanliness of the condo should be improved; floors, carpets, bedding, etc. The wait for the elevators, at times, was unacceptable. There were objects being thrown from the balcomies onto beach and pool guests.

The location of the property was good. The security presence was good! The complimentary beach service was a plus. Clientele were friendly people; makes for a fun day at the beach.

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Clean but no activities included
    • One-Bedroom Condo with Sea View

Only one outside pool was open. Tiki bar was closed. Inside pool is tiny. Chairs outside are crammed together. No activity for children unless you want to spend more money.

Location is great! Room 1506 was small but clean! Security everywhere! Free parking!

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Will not be back
    • One-Bedroom Condo with Sea View

Lousy master bath, no place to hang clothes in the master bedroom. Construction had half the outdoor facilities closed. Little onsite store was not open. rooms were very dated.

The beach and pier park

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

Spectacular oceanview from balcony and within walking distance to everything else!
    • One-Bedroom Condo with Sea View

I contacted booking.com and Tidewater to request a particular room and was told they would note my request. I was extremely pleased upon check-in when I got the room I wanted. Everything was great! So close to the beach it looked like I was floating on the water on a cruise ship. Balcony view was spectacular and seating area was very spacious. The resort was within walking distance to the Pier and mall, which has a ton of restaurants and retail shops.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

More informative
    • One-Bedroom Condo with Sea View

I wished I had been told my balcony was under construction. We couldn't even open the doors to see out are hear the ocean and the windows were filthy.Your balcony is one of the reasons u want ocean front to sit out and drink your coffee in the mornings and afternoons

Staff was helpful and in great location rooms were clean

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Short
    • One-Bedroom Condo with Sea View

I ask for a 2 bath and only got a 1 bath and got the run around by booking.com and the property! Will never go through booking.com again!

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Great location, spacious parking garage

Elevators are painfully slow

Great location, spacious parking garage

Close to the beach.
    • Three-Bedroom Condo with Sea View

The treatment we received was very discriminatory.

Close to the beach.

Very pleased with our stay.
    • One-Bedroom Condo with Coastline View

Having to wear armband all the time.

Very nice condo. Good amenities.

Very clean
    • One-Bedroom Condo with Coastline View

Code to get through the gate for beach access was a little much!! Especially when your hands are full with beach chair, cooler and etc.

Very clean

I wouldn't rather stay anywhere else.. the room and view was just absolutely amazing.
    • One-Bedroom Condo with Sea View

I like everything about it!

I absolutely loved everything about the room and location. I wouldn't have changed anything.

We will be back

Just good

I just felt at home we enjoy our stay

Room was

Room was

Need to improve or upgrades the tooms, eg TV is small , chairs broken

The staffs very good

It was quiet

Great experience!
    • One-Bedroom Condo with Coastline View

Loved it all other than no staff on service a lot of the time at the desk abd there was no broom to sweep my sandy floors

It was clean

It was clean

GREAT
    • One-Bedroom Condo with Sea View

The location for Tidewater was excellent. I requested an upper floor for the view and close to the elevator. Would return.

Okay

Amenities were disappointing

The room was nice

It was a great trip. Beach was clean the umbrella guys were useless! I wouldn’t mind tipping them m
    • One-Bedroom Condo with Sea View

Tiki Bsr could have been nice if open.

Well kept and clean and great location.

Evacuation.
    • One-Bedroom Condo with Sea View

Staff had no authority said to call 800 number and when called repeatedly disconnected.

Water view.

wonderful

No complaints at all

Everything was great the entire stay was wonderful

Would never stay at tidewater again.
    • One-Bedroom Condo with Coastline View

The staff were horrendous! Rude and offered no help/info.

The room and view were beautiful

Great staff and rooms were well organized

Elevators

The size of the rooms

nice rooms
    • One-Bedroom Condo with Sea View

the elevator on the property is horribly slow and I will never stay at this property again.

nice rooms

• One-Bedroom Condo with Sea View

Elevators and the beds were not comfortable

Excellent stay
    • One-Bedroom Condo with Sea View

Would have preferred larger televisions

Girls Weekend with my Granddaughter and Friends
    • One-Bedroom Condo with Sea View

Elevators are extremely slow...and it became a pain waiting for them.

Location is everything and we were right by everything.

We had a great stay!

n/a

The view

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Everything Was Great

Everything Was Great

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Poor elevator service waiting 30 min 3 or 4 timed and poor...

Poor elevator service waiting 30 min 3 or 4 timed and poor wifi

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

I like Beach front to hotel.
    • One-Bedroom Condo with Sea View

I like Beach front to hotel. I like to walking on the street. I like the restaurant close to the hotel. Cause it easy.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Loved the beach chairs and the staff, area around hotel and...

slow elevators restaurant closed at 5

Loved the beach chairs and the staff, area around hotel and beach was perfect

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

a lot of noise above us and in hall way

a lot of noise above us and in hall way

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Lovely
    • One-Bedroom Condo with Sea View

No strip with things to do with the family

I loved everything about it very very nice

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• One-Bedroom Condo with Sea View

Parking. Hours of staff at desk.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

The view and the comfort of the beds.
    • One-Bedroom Condo with Sea View

The banging and pounding of construction right under neath us.

The view and the comfort of the beds.

hotel was good .

bed

bed wasn't good

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Loved everything about it and will be booking again next...
    • One-Bedroom Condo with Sea View

Loved everything about it and will be booking again next year.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Location and waterview

Location and waterview

• Reviewed: 3 April 2016

The location is fantastic!

We notified the desk several times of issues with our condo. They said they'd notified maintenance (that our living room tv and all phones did not work). No one ever contacted us to resolve. We only wanted TV for weather forecasts and news in the morning or before bed. They never acknowledged our request to have it looked at.

The location is fantastic!

• Reviewed: 10 February 2016

Convenient check-in and out.

Had trouble opening the patio door, called front desk for help and they never responded. In casual conversation with another guest, they told us how to open the door and it worked. Property grill closed at 4 p.m. Unable to get a cocktail. :-(

Convenient check-in and out. Condo fully stocked with everything needed for comfort. Electronics and appliances worked well. Wonderful having a washer and dryer for laundry. I loved our stay and will be back again. Excellent view of the golf.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2016

I like the location.

The carpet was really dirty. There were rugs in the closet that apparently had been wet and just folded in there could not use that closet. The water faucet in the kitchen you had to move it from side to side to get the water to run.

I like the location. The view was excellent. The bar was great with coffee in the morning.

• Reviewed: 22 October 2015

Surroundings, beach front lovely.

Didn't read the description correct and had to sleep in a bunk bed. Gave my husband the one queen bed as we both has arthritis and usually each uses their own bed. Description said two queen beds, failed to see one was a sleeper sofa - no way.

Surroundings, beach front lovely. Kitchen, stunning. Furniture very nice. Balcony and living view - awesome.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2015

The room was very nice with a great view.

Some of the staff didn't know very much about the property. A wii bowling tournament was scheduled for a certain time,but no one was there at that time and no one knew anything about it.

The room was very nice with a great view. Everything was very clean.

There are also 34 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.