Reviews of Topnotch Resort & Spa 4 stars

4000 Mountain Road, Stowe, VT 05672, USA

#6 of 29 hotels in Stowe

9.9

I asked for no charges to be made to my Visa card.

I asked for no charges to be made to my Visa card. My parents from the Uk were paying. As it was easier for me to give details of my card for the security with having the driving lisence, I gave my card detail. Again I asked to have no card charges. When home a week later charges on my card. I called to tell them and they reimbursed my money but the exchange rate still made me nearly $30 shore and they said sorry that’s that. I’m really not happy about this.

The view/ the layout
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Only a minimal selection of food and drinks Nothing at the resort To do for teens No evening festivity for adults or teens at the resort No music at the bar or pool

The view/ the layout

Wonderful
    • Deluxe Double Room

Great location in a newly renovated, modern and contemporary resort with fantastic facilities. The staff were very helpful. A wonderful choice of resort.

The resort itself was wonderful and the food at their roost...

the first night we were there the power went out for several hours, it wasn't the resorts fault but it was a little jarring.

The resort itself was wonderful and the food at their roost restaurant was excellent.

most enjoyable would go again
    • Deluxe Double Room

this is petty but the smashed fingerlings were not appreciated with the fillet mignon

the staff was friendly helpful and outgoing the shuttle to the ski mountain was excellent the hot tib with waterfall was great after skiing the two restaurants food was very good

Enjoyed location but will stay elsewhere next time.
    • Executive King Room

My wife and I have been here many times but this time the spa service was disappointing, multiple reach out to staff for basic room items, room cleaning and more, had to repeat ourselves numerous times to get serviced given we had a pet that we kept leaving in a carry case per hotel cleaning request process, additionally left two messages for spa and only called back after calling the consierge and asking them to reach the spa since no one ever responded to the phone. We were stocked as this was our 5 time here. Disappointed. We will go back for the food and ambiance but will stay at another resort next time.

Resort location is beautiful, restaurant and food delicious.

We've been here numerous times and the pool is the main...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Food at both restaurants was not as good as previous stays. It's quite pricey so our expectations were quite high. Also not too many healthy options for the kids, but have come to expect this when we travel to the US.

We've been here numerous times and the pool is the main reason we keep coming back. The kids spent hours in the indoor and outdoor pool during our stay. The views both from the indoor and outdoor pool are stunning.

Don't Miss Top Notch

Too Notch was elegant but minimalistic and had a certain charm that is not often found in resorts or hotels. The property contains everything necessary for the perfect get-away. I haven't felt thiscrelaxed or cared for in years!

The staff was very friendly and helpful at all times!

I wanted to remove 1 day from my stay as the weather conditions didn't favor our trip plans. There was no credit given, no exception.

The staff was very friendly and helpful at all times!

It’s nice to have a facility that promotes full relaxation now if only the staff could get on board.

Had dinner at the Flannel... and asked that my tuna be cooked medium rare but I had to return it. It was dry and flakey and over cooked. The manager tried to ease the experience with a free dessert (really kind gesture) but only after he made a remark that didn’t assure me. I said, “perhaps we don’t have the same definition on what medium rare is for tuna” and he said, “no, the kitchen knows what medium rare is.” Then the rest of the night I was actually quite sick. I get it that they want to stand behind their employees but when a customer asks it’s usually because they know their bodies and tastes ... I was disappointed at the attempt with service that in the end felt condescending and uncomfortable. Not to mention the aftermath of my stomach not agreeing either. Lastly, it was evident that all the cooking and waitstaff staff was white. Perhaps diversify the staff a bit... the number of stares in the restaurant was uncomfortable.

Loved the outdoor hot tub!

Great SPA. Good location. rooms/food are less.
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Most rooms have limited view. Rooms in need to decor update (air-condition unit is in the way and noisy). Bathroom is not spacious. Price pf breakfast is high whilst level of quality of food and service is not consistent. Final bill included tax that should have been included in the agreed price.

Good location. Excellent SPA facilities. Friendly staff.

ENJOYED BY MY WIFE AND I, WHO CAN BE CRITICAL FREQUENTLY.

THE EXIT WAS RATHER RUSHED WITH MANY GUESTS CALLING FOR LUGGAGE CARTS AT THE SAME TIME.

FOOD WAS APPEALING QUICKLY SERVED AND VERY GOOD, STAFF ALL COURTEOUS WELL GROOMED AND HELPFUL. WEATHER WAS GREAT MAKING THE TRIP A QUINTESSENTIAL VERMONT FOLIAGE EXPERIENCE.

When I return to Vermont, I would stay here again in a heart beat.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Our first room sadly had a malfunctioning toilet, but the staff was able to move us to another room without any issues.

This place was simply impeccable, no doubt about it. Everyone in the hotel were attentive, sweet, and very friendly. I loved how the bathrooms have large containers of shampoo, conditioner, and body wash inside the showers instead of the typical mini bottles. Our beds were soft and clean and the whole room was pretty immaculate. When we woke up for breakfast, we walked on down to Flannel (restaurant on premisses) and had a delicious breakfast with a very sweet waitress who was constantly checking on us and made sure we had everything we needed. The property also has a beautiful view of Vermonts mountains and at night they have these large fire pits that give the property a very cozy feeling. They also have two outdoor pools, one that is family friendly, and one that is for those 21 and over. Since it was raining, we were fortunate to have a heated indoor pool with a large jacuzzi, which was very relaxing. If I were to return to Stowe, which is looking VERY likely, I would return to this resort in a heart beat, no questions asked.

We didn't get the room I paid for.

We didn't get the room I paid for. They supplied us with a cot for my 6'2 16 year old son. Not what I paid for and not a fair trade for a king suit w a pull out. Space was tight. Otherwise it's a very nice place with a very nice staff and location.

Great location with excellent facilities

The location on the Mountain Road is lovely. The resort facilities and in particular the outside heated pools (with one for adults only) were exceptional. The terraces, tennis courts and grounds along with ease of parking make this property seriously top notch. The food was also very good.

resort kind of facility but need a bit work to clean the room
    • Deluxe Double Room

Saw some bugs on the bed and was bite all over the day I checked out. Not sure what it is but would suggest hotel to do a thorough check...

The location is not bad, the service is good and the swimming pool / spa are fantastic. The room is decent size. The resort is set up a way as a good one for a family holiday.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Love Topnotch resort

I found that the price to rent the tennis courts is really quite expensive.

The location is fabulous just by a very long and beautiful path that goes to Main Street.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

An upscale unique experience!
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Indoor pool area a bit warm.

The hotel's modern design is warm and inviting, just amazing! Everything was awesome. The staff, the rooms, Roost, Flannel food, spa, cleanliness...overall a great stay.

Consistantly and uniformly friendly, accommodating staff...
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Surprising that the sound proofing not very good- depending on our visit, there were either lots of noise from other guests or the TV set in the next room. Not bothersome enough to not come back (and we will keep coming back,) but wish that they had spent more money on soundproofing.

Consistantly and uniformly friendly, accommodating staff (from multiple stays, from valet parking to door greeters, front desk, restaurant staff etc.) Public spaces very nice- modern, warm, bright Room also nice- modern, warm, comfortable. (Bathrooms could be a bit more upscale, but they are fine.) Restaurants (Flannel, Roost,) have a nice ambiance and food quality is reliably good. Pools and hot tubs are nice- clean and large enough to mostly accommodate a full hotel.

No need to leave the hotel once checked in!

Not having to go outside once checking in -- save for the outdoor pool and hot tub -- is one of our favorite perks of staying at Topnotch. The spa, pool, fitness facilities and both restaurants are excellent. The rooms are dark and quiet, and the beds are very comfortable, which make for very restful sleep.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Beautiful stay in Stowe
    • Deluxe Double Room

The room next to ours must have scheduled a wake up call very early in the morning; the phone rang 4 times then 2 minutes would go by and it happened again, then again and again! That is the only complaint we have regarding our stay.

Beautiful view of the mountain, both restaurants were very good

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

Very nice place to stay around Stowe!

The Flannel restaurant was very nice for the dinner but for the breakfast it was just ok! The breakfast was expensive for what it was.

The room was perfect, as expected, spacious, clean and the bed was comfy! The pools were very nice too!

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

We have been coming for 10 years ... it just keeps getting better ! Loved the Spa treatments too!
    • Executive King Room

LOVED the Chef at Flannel. The food was amazing... we ate there both nights we were there. No reason to go anywhere else! Bartender and hostess also amazing !

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Top Notch Resort new year 2016/2017

During the new year (30.31.) there was just a certain menu available in the main restaurant. Was no problem for us because we just went some places else. Bar was always crowded so we did not go there as well. Lot's of nicer, better places to eat / drink down the road. Usually we spend plenty of money for food and drinks in the hotel....

Caitlin was very nice upon Check-In! She handled the whole process professional and was very friendly. Room was nice and everything worked. Parking close to the building. Skis we rented were perfect... very good shop.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Not worth the money. Stay elsewhere

Rude check in staff. Housekeeping didn't clean the rooms until after 4pm. - and we had to call to remind them. Watched a French fry sit on the floor in the hallway for days.....

Food was good

Swim Suites Bleached and they ignore it!
    • Deluxe Double Room

We swam in the pools and our swimmers my suits bleached right the way. We informed the staff and they said would take care of the inconvenient. After a week back home we get NO emails. We wrote the general manager and spa director. General manager didn't reply. Spa director wrote back saying they would check...never heard from them. We had pics of our swimming suites at location before and after swimming and difference is notable and drastic. So sorry this resort has such bad management! No apologies!

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Relaxing, refreshing and romantic!

Evening dining could have been better lit. Adding more candles to tables, softer lighting around patio and outdoor heaters could extend the dining experience.

Delicious breakfast, green eggs & ham highly recommend. Poolside sevice was relaxing, outdoor dinner romantic and afterwards fire pit a cozy finish to an active day. Staff offered great recommendations for spa, hiking, biking & sites to visit. A great getaway.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

Location is perfect, lodging very nicely updated.

The fact that it's a dog friendly hotel. Serious doubts about the carpets cleanliness. Funny smells in our room when the AC was not on.

Location is perfect, lodging very nicely updated. Separated pools for adults without kids. Staff very welcoming and friendly

The bed and bed linen were clean and comfy.

The bed and bed linen were clean and comfy. We got a goodnight's sleep.

highly recommended

restaurant food below expectations

location(Stowe) and great facilities

Great Place.
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Great Place. Friendly staff and a peaceful and quiet place. Enjoy the horseback riding in the nature and the other activities.

Fantastic!

Beautiful views, spacious rooms and relaxing spa.

The venue and surroundings are spectacular I would stay again and staff very helpful and friendly

The Flannel restaurant should be kept cleaner. Floor not cleaned between evening and breakfast food debris still on floor. Cutlery not very clean

Easy to
    • Deluxe Double Room

Was planning massage but appeared over-priced for time allotted

Quality bed, professional & caring staff.

Great food and staff.

No Kids Menu at breakfast:(

Great food and staff. Pool deck was lovely.

Paper thin walls
    • Executive King Room

Noisy rooms, wild kids running around, messy restaurant

Heated outdoor pool, gym

Great and restful, just what we wanted and needed
    • Executive King Room

Great location, good food next to great Italian restaurant

Just okay...honestly.

Our room was right beside the staff utility closet. Terrible.

Warm and friendly staff

Warm and friendly staff

Comfortable bed.

Stains on bedding sheets. A bit noisy (neighbours).

Comfortable bed. Flannel restaurant was amazing...top quality food.

Peaceful, confortable stay

The peaceful side of the resort being there out of ski season. The bed is VERY confy and the staff so kind! Second time there and will be back!

Very nice

Could hear a fair amount of other guests. Could not walk anywhere

Pet friendly, the pools and scenery

best spa experience ever!
    • Executive King Room

best spa experience ever!

Breakfast was average and expensive.

Breakfast was average and expensive.

So fun and so relaxing

Friendly staff, very clean, beautiful setting

Very relaxing, beautiful scenic property with a variety of activities. Great location and staff.

Better food.

Luxury resort, excellent service and value for the price.

A great place to stay and unwind
    • Executive Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Excellent location with a short walk to pick up the Stowe recreational path. Friendly staff

Beautiful pools and spa

No late night food options which was unfortunate

Beautiful pools and spa

Wasn't very good value for money.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Wasn't very good value for money. Lots of hidden extra charges- ryanair on steriods. Property a bit tired relative to the photos. Bed too small.

Incredible stay!

The property is amazing! Loved spending time in the pools!

Hot Tub

Hot Tub

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

The staff was incredibly warm, friendly, and helpful.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The staff was incredibly warm, friendly, and helpful. Both restaurants served excellent food. The spa services were wonderful.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Great Spa.

Great Spa. Outdoor pool and hot tub very nice. Good food and great drinks at roost

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

Friendly staff and convenient location
    • Executive King Room

Clientele was a little uptight and we couldn't get spa treatments

Friendly staff and convenient location

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

quiet getaway retreat
    • Deluxe Double Room

the spa was seriously over priced and the steam room and sauna pool side poor!

great breakfast nice room love the location

• Reviewed: 9 October 2016

Wonderful Stay at Top Notch.

Price

The food,but mostly the front desk staff.They always had a smile and wanted to make our stay better.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

Worth a visit

Service could be better. Staff however was pleasant

Very comfortable bed and room

Some of the staff were rude and disrespectful!

The location is great. Nice places to hike and go on bike rides.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

Great Getaway
    • Deluxe Double Room

spa seemed overpriced for the quality of services

service was wonderful and food was delicious

• Reviewed: 19 April 2016

The bed was very comfortable although the pillows were not.

See above

The bed was very comfortable although the pillows were not. You had to fold the pillow twice to get an actual pillow. Staff was very nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 17 January 2016

Room accommodations for my dog were wonderful

Sadly the dog in next room was left alone and cried and barked for hours ..fortunately my tv enabled me to muffle this sad situation..both nights I stayed I mentioned this to concierge and was told there is a holding place but this would have made this poor dog worse..walking hall and CALLING owners ..make them come back . People know their dogs but do not care about others, I don't understand one night but TWO or more

Room accommodations for my dog were wonderful

• Reviewed: 14 December 2015

My stay was quite a wonderful surprise.

My stay was quite a wonderful surprise.It has been years since I have stayed at the Topnotch and was so pleased to see that the hotel had a fresh look but still retained it's integrity. Of course the spa and other related facilities are over the top. Great dining and bar ambiance as well.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2015

Great location just north of Stowe on the way to the ski...

Not a very warm welcome upon arrival, it was kinda late though-8:45pm. Really really noisy at night and in the morning...kids running up and down the hall, people slamming doors, staff blowing leaves. Staff at Flannel restaurant was very nice and pleasant, but not very attentive and slow.

Great location just north of Stowe on the way to the ski resorts and the Notch. Hotel is in great shape and the rooms were still taken care of and spacious (we had a double room).

• Reviewed: 7 July 2015

Topnotch is a lovely resort.

Slow restaurant service from kitchen Waitstaff excellent however when a salad takes over 1/2 hour regardless of how many people had been served the waitstaff should check on tables to make sure they are ok

Topnotch is a lovely resort. Lots right down, relax, enjou

• Reviewed: 7 April 2015

The hotel and grounds were beautiful.

The hotel and grounds were beautiful. Nice touches, esp in patio, pool, restaurants. Everything was truly wonderful, but the outdoor hot tub and heated pool were really amazing.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2015

Nice rooms, great spa / pool, convenient to mountain

Tried to eat with my kids as we got there late, but they close bar/restaurant to kids too early. Also, I called to try to get a piece of fruit for my 10 year-old in the evening and they said sorry, room service is closed. That's crazy. Any hotel should be able to find a piece of fruit, particularly as the restaurant was still open...

Nice rooms, great spa / pool, convenient to mountain

• Reviewed: 22 February 2015

Clean updated.

Didn't realize I booked a certain room that didn't allow dogs. Also--with young skiiers wld have much preferred to be on the mountain--much easier. Waited 45 mins+ for the transport van, so we ended up driving each day which was just a hassle.

Clean updated...good indoor pool and spa.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2015

There was a lot to like about the resort such as ambiance,...

The place is a little pricey both food and drinks but worth it overall.

There was a lot to like about the resort such as ambiance, two lounge/eating areas, two hot tubs and swimming pools (heated outside), staff was tremendously helpful and pleasant, view of mountains, and beautiful townhouses.

• Reviewed: 25 January 2015

convenient valet parking, friendly staff.

Only one bar of soap in the bathroom. After the first night stay, coffee water and creamers were not replenish by cleaning staff. Had to walk through a hallway to get coffee at the spa. More convenient if coffee was available in lobby area. Overall not bad.... Still high marks.

convenient valet parking, friendly staff. The New general manager introduced himself to guests at dinner. New upgrades to the facility creating a charming atmosphere.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2016

Carole is a very good concierge!

Carole is a very good concierge!

• Reviewed: 10 January 2016

Spa is absolutely gorgeous.

Hotel room door lock is kinda noisy. In the morning woke me up other people leaving their room.

Spa is absolutely gorgeous.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2015

Relaxing atmosphere and kind staff with great ammenteties :)

I thought breakfast included would be a nice addition for the amount of money spent.

Relaxing atmosphere and kind staff with great ammenteties :)

• Reviewed: 29 September 2015

Restaurant was excellent.

Restaurant was excellent. Rooms well appointed and spa was terrific.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2015

This type of hotel needs a better quality restaurant &...

This type of hotel needs a better quality restaurant & more light

• Reviewed: 25 July 2015

We loved the food and service at Flannel!

We loved the food and service at Flannel!

There are also 58 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.