Reviews of TradeWinds Island Grand 4 stars

5500 Gulf Boulevard, St Pete Beach, FL 33706, USA

#47 of 82 hotels in St Pete Beach

9.7

Paradise on St. Pete's Beach for a 1st Timer!

LEAVING!!! HA HA HA.....

I liked everything about this hotel but let's face it the people are what make it a wonderful experience. The weather plays a part, the facilities, food and the atmostphere were all amazing. This was my first trip to Tampa, Florida and my first visit to St. Pete's Beach - the website doesnt do it nearly as much justice as the reality. From the moment I stepped foot on the TradeWinds property, I was treated fabulously. Everyone was so welcoming, smiling, cheerful and happy. Even with a hiccup in my booking (the risk of reserving on one site and being sure it transfers to the hotel site), they took care of me. I spent my first night in a hotel down the road (a very expensive one I might add) dut to an over booking issue, but getting back to TradeWinds the next day was like coming home. Everyone remembered me from the night before (not just the Irish accent) and they were so sweet, nice, helfpul and gave me an awesome room overlooking St. Pete's Beach - what a treat to have the beach to wake up to and go to sleep to! The facilities are amazing - something for everyone, young and old. Bring your elderly family members - they will never get bored watching the beach, the kids, the adults (who have almost more fun on the play things than the kids). There are fab restaurants to choose from, an ice cream shop, Pizza place, sit down pub grub type places and posh/fancy restaurants. No matter who you meet on staff anywhere on the complex (which is huge by the way) they smile, say hi, ask how you are! They have a starbucks type coffee/drink zone right in the middle of the complex (awesome!) and a deli, a store with sounvenirs, drinks, hot deli/cold deli, desserts/baked goods, you name it, it's all here. This was my first time and i barely left the complex becuase there was too much to see and do. The whole Cabana booking process is a delight!

There is a lot to do and great restaurants .
    • Suite - Gulf Front

The property was a little bit old love to see some updates but this won’t keep us from going back !

There is a lot to do and great restaurants . A great place for families!

Wonderful beach resort for families!

Food was a little pricey, but not out of line for other restaurants in the area.

This was a great family-oriented resort! We loved our stay there! I would go back in a heartbeat! Lots of activities for kids...good places to eat on-site, great amenities. Rooms aren’t huge, but we were hardly in it. Very friendly staff.

Very unlikely to return

Room rates way too high Tradewinds nickle and dimes you for everything parking, water bottles, Beach chairs, etc etc TV is on satellite with very poor reception lousy Channel Lineup. Couldn't even watch the Bolts play in the Stanley Cup

The Beach was Nice water warm

Not worth the money and don't plan to go back. Other properties on the beach better
    • Suite - Gulf Front

Barking dogs. If you don't have a dog you should not be put in a room by the dog park. Why allow dogs anyway? Property was old. Rooms were small and seemed in need of a refresh.

Top-notch vacation spot for families!
    • Suite

Such a fantastic family vacation spot! Just the right balance of treats for parents and activities for the little ones. We had an excellent visit and were consistently impressed with the friendliness of the staff! Highly recommend it!

VERY nice. Enjoyed everything during our stay.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The rooms are small. The beds are only full size.

The resort is beautiful but it is an older resort. The pool was wonderful. We especially enjoyed the adults- only pool! The beach was free of any litter with beautiful sand. We took advantage of the cabana which was wonderful providing much needed shade at midday. The food was pricey but very good. We wish there had been some lighter choices for lunch that were not as costly as a dinner menu item. Even the general store items were nearly 3x's the cost. All in all we loved it and are hoping to go back.

Excellent location.

Small rooms, larger rooms too pricey though.

Excellent location. Beach cabana included in price. Best beach sunsets!! Water slide and other activities for kids.

Love the staff and location overall a nice place to stay. Convenient to many good restaurants clean
    • Queen Suite

Didn't get served twice at Flying Bridge restaurant took someone over 15mins to greet us so we left both times. Pizza and ice cream shops way over priced for amount and quality. Air conditioning didn't work maintenance came up and switched a button but did not correct the issue. Called again finally fixed correctly. Housekeeping did not understand English or our requests of what we wanted done in room.

Staff are very friendly and courteous. Clean environment nice beach.

I wanted a hotel on the beach and I got it.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Beach ordering food was horrible, the pools too crowded, hot tubs too crowded, our room keys never worked in the restaurants, we had to have them rekeyed, and the still didn't work. The property needs a bigger pool, the pools were small and people sit on top of each other.

The slide, the beach, the ice cream, the singer Saturday night

Right on the Beach
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room I had was small, even though it was supposed to be a suite, the stove only had one burner that worked, the shower didnt adjust so that was unfortunate. Water temp was a guessing game. The beds were mediocre. The hotel is basically an old hotel with a few asthetics updated. For the price, I would have much preferred to find a nicer place. The resturants were terrible. Nothing more than terrible bar food and the prices were outlandish for a sandwich and fries. Ihad fish tacos and coukdnt eat them they were so salty. Tried a cuban and it wasnt much better, gooped with condiments. Just terrible food. The pools were small and crowded, the walls were thin and you could hear your neighbors. The door to the outside barely closed all the way allowing daylight to streem through as well as the noise of every passerby. Just a terrible choice. And at 400 plus a night, I was definately not thrilled.

Right on the Beach

There are plenty of other hotels that I would go to first before returning to this one.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Incredibly overpriced for what it was. They add all kinds of amenity charges/surcharges/taxes when you check out. The room was very outdated and worn down. The blanket on the bed had a hole in it and was very old. The pump for the irrigation system was directly behind our bedroom, so we heard it run all night.

The beach area was very nice and not as busy as we had expected it to be. The hotel did not seem busy, even though it was the beginning of Spring Break. Younger children seemed to like the water slide. Good location.

Good value and location but high pressure sales during our stay and even when we left
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn't realize this was an older property that had been redone. But I've heard everything in st Pete is a little older. We have requested and booked a room with two double beds but they ended up giving us a king because they were "just really busy" Also they hounded us every day to see if we wanted to become members or stay again for a better deal. The first time they come our room phone it was a little weird I thought maybe my family had an emergency because it was later at night. The second time they called and asked again I thought it was really strange by the fourth and fifth time I was wondering if the place was sketchy

They had miniature golf right on the property as well as a 3story water slide, Starbucks on site, peddle boats and free cabana chairs. If you needed anything such as lotion, boogie boards etc. i everything is on location.

Was a very delightful way to spend Christmas.

Nothing. All was great.

Everything exceeded my expectations. Loved the room (#351), the lagoon, the swans, esp. I have nothing to complain about. But I had an idea. A cupcake station (perhaps even where children could decorate their own cupcakes; kids icing them would be too messy). But I would love to have a cupcake myself between meals or for a late nite snack. Would definitely come back if we are in the area.

It made our honeymoon perfect!
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Nothing. It was perfect and beautiful.

It was perfect and beautiful, comfortable, very accommodating, wonderful staff, great food both in the room and all restaurants. They upgraded us with no issues whatsoever. I can’t say enough things about The TradeWinds. It is my favorite resort!

It was oK, but ther are much nicer hotels, with better food and beaches in the area for the price.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Awful food, uncomfortable beds, dated decor, Hotel couldn't seem to find out how to connect our cards to our rooms so we had to make sure we always had money Hotel couldn't see find out how to connect our cards to our rooms so we had to make sure we always had money on hand

Very I Friendly staff, easy accessibility to beach rentals and activities, family friendly

The beach is fabulous.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

our room for the price was terrible.There was no view and there was only a half of a window.The room had two standard beds but this room should only have one queen max.The bed was very uncomfortable.The noise from upstairs during the night was terrible.way over priced for the two nites for this room.

The beach is fabulous.

Such a nice beach, I would stay here again.
    • Suite

There is nothing fancy about the rooms. They are basic and there to sleep in only. It's all about the property and it's amenities.

This really is a beautiful property. The beach front is excellent! Lots of amenities and convenience at your fingertips.

Overpriced, crowded pools, unhappy staff...but its clean.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Where to start with this review. I really wanted to like this resort as it was recommended by friends, but my experience found that hard. The only positive is I did get an upgrade after complaining about the first room. The room booked was not big enough for 4 people as advertised. And the hotel got me for another $49 a night to upgrade to this room at the front desk, making me questions what the room was I paid over $300 a night for. It felt like this was a one bed room they shoved two beds into. The balcony wasn't a balcony more like it was wide enough to step onto and that was it. Barely wide enough for a chair. After complaining we were upgraded to a beach view room no charge. I only wish they would have thought about 2 kids next to the bar and adult only pool area and the size of the slats on the railing. We weren't able to open the sliding glass door because our 2 year old could fit through the slats. The bar stayed open and loud all night, making it hard for 2 kids under the age of 7 to sleep. The beds weren't any better, rock hard. by 4pm the following day I had to request housekeeping as no-one ever came to the room. The pools for kids were extra crowded and really too small all together. People on top of each other with no room to move. Our visit to the beach was less than stellar as the cabana I reserved did not take. I also found it convenient no-one tells you, its an extra $15 a day for the front row. The cabana's were so close, you can't relax and watch the kids play in the stand because you can't even see the beach just rows and rows of cabanas. So I gave up booking cabanas for the remaining day, and wished I had brought my own beach items with me. Even at this point I was still positive I'd have a great family vacation with the kids. So we decided to partake in some of the activities. The slide was great to have included n the price, and the pirate party was great.

Activities for Kids were good and selection of restaurants close by.

I was really not impressed with this hotel at all for the...

I was really not impressed with this hotel at all for the amount of money that was paid. The elevators were a nightmare, our room was on the 6th floor so with all of our pool and beach items the stairs were not an option. I had to ask every day for housekeeping to come back as they would knock on your door at 8:00 am every morning, but then they never came back every day I had to ask someone to clean out room. One day, one of the staff just flat out told me it wasn't his job even though he was pushing a housekeeping cart, I had to ask three other people when finally someone said they would do it. Not impressed or worth the over $1300 spent for three nights!

Overall, we were dissapointed with the hotel - but the staff did their best
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

I think the website over promises this resort. The hotel is quite dated and could do with an update. The pools are far too small for the number of guests and the additional $45 per day to cover hotel ammenities (beach cabana's and slide essentially) seems a bit excessive. We had to move rooms twice due to noise from adjoining rooms.

The location was excellent

Heart broken first night but amazing for the remainder of our stay
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The first room we were allocated was pretty dismal to say the least , it looked nothing like the photos shown on booking.com. The access to the floor we were staying on was via a service elevator which smelt heavily of oil. Once we entered the room we were instantly very disappointed!! Room was small and looked nothing like the rooms shown on booking.com. The first problem was puddles forming all over the tiled floors from the air conditioning which got worse throughout the night. Next thing the toilet overflowed all over the bathroom and small hall way and ran down into the kitchen area. At this point I had had enough and went to the front desk to complain !!! Have to say the staff were very good, they offered us a new room straight away, but I told them I also had concerns that the room was under power to what I had paid for it and that we were also very disappointed in the quality of the room we were first given. Again the staff were brilliant they offered us an up grade to a suite for an extra $70 per night !!! I should say at this point the upgrade normally coast $260 per night . They told us to go pack up then go and enjoy the facilities around the hotel and they would have all our cases etc placed into our new room. Must say we were over the moon with the new room and had a fantastic stay at the hotel ... was very sad to leave as the beach / hotel / sunsets are amazing.

Pools brilliant / beach amazing / sun sets truly stunning !!! Loads of restaurants on site, there is something for everyone !!!

Low key convenient location but dated
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Resort was shabby- Pools were dated -not a good place for the 2 15yr boys to swim -floats in ocean should have been free and all Your pictures showed more of them- some were broken

Deli shop on site was handy

Best stay ever in a FL beach resort.
    • Suite - Gulf Front

Little things got pricey. Bring a cooler and stop by a grocery else you can easily spend huge $ on small meals. Limited to one two-person cabana for our six-person group, (little to deal with though, we were in the ocean most of the time). No lifeguards on the beach.

Every staff member went out of their way to be helpful and friendly. Room looked out onto the beach. Salty's bar staff friendly, fast, and made awesome boat drinks. Adult-only pool a nice respite away from the other kid-friendly venues. Food was yummy at restaurants.

We will be back.

You had some significant night rain where the ballroom flooded and it smelled bad when you walked off that elevator. Nothing you guys could really do about it but we saw them masking the smell with air fresheners etc. and knew that was only going to make it smell worse. Which it did lol. Hope it smells good now!

Loved the smores. Loved the staff. So friendly. Loved being right on the beach.

Lots of activities
    • Suite - Gulf Front

Bed miserably uncomfortable Most but not all staff seemed very unhappy Most good mediocre or fried - no healthy choices No balcony in room

Lots of activities Free beach cabana

Pleasant, but.....
    • Suite - Gulf Front

The parking was not adequate. We paid a lot of money and our family and friends in the area spent hours looking for parking. We actually had to eat acrosstje street, that was the only way to park closeby.

The staff was very accommodating, helpful, and friendly. The ease of walking the site was pleasant.

Very enjoyable vacation, had something for everyone!

nothing!!

The bed was very comfortable, Shower pressure was wonderful. They had a great kids club called KONK my daughter didn't want to leave. Loved the giant slide on the beach. Hotel staff was so friendly and went out of their way to make our stay so wonderful. Restaurants on site were terrific!We will definitely be back!

All the activities for kids where excellent!
    • Suite - Gulf Front

Flying fish Grill was awful! The food was not good and the birds kept flying in and taking our French fries... Not a great experience!

All the activities for kids where excellent! Our two girls ages 7/9 never got board!

The parking is challenging but they have a plan to expand.

The parking is challenging but they have a plan to expand. Our orignial room had apparently flooded the night before so we were upgraded to a suite. Next time I know, the suite made all the difference, even so, if it hadn't rained we wouldn't have spent the time in the room. The staff at Tradewinds are exceptional, the lightbulb in the bathroom was out, I phoned the desk and staff was there immediately. Everyone worked hard to make sure that we had a great time.

Very expensive for the room and the non view
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was not as clean as I like it That was hair on the bed and hair on our towel in the bathroom and on the tub when we arrived The Room is very old as well ..

The Italian restaurant on site was fabulous .

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Not what we were lead to believe
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

General hotel - Old, needs updating, shabby rooms but clean. Poor and old kitchen equipment. Was disappointed overall as had high expectations.

Facilities were good and up to date

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Everything you need is located in this resort.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The kids that worked at adventure center provided some wrong information about activities.

Everything you need is located in this resort. My 8 years old child had a blast and met some new good friends! Restaurants are amazing. All the kids activities were awesome!

Parking was terrible.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parking was terrible. The hotel was to expensive for what it was,Old, dirty, room was small, pools wer small for the amount of people. They had a $45 resort fee that did not make sense. They try to sell you timeshare on top of everything.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Awsome beach stay with the pool.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Your prices seemed a big high and left us looking for other food options.. Was searching for shade a lot.

You are located close to the Guy Harvey and the ability to travel between the two was awesome. Smorees a big plus. Awesome beach

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

We hit a homeroom choosing the Tradewinds!
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was very crowded. Also, you have to pay extra to park.

We enjoyed the pub crawl. It made us explore the property and thus exposed us to more of what the property had to offer. All the employees were friendly and very helpful. We enjoyed every place on the crawl and the free t-shirt for completing the crawl is cool! There was always something to do no matter where we went! We will definitely come back.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

A bit too crowded for me.
    • Suite

The Resort was very crowded. I believe that was due to the day-passes. This limited parking which forced us to use daily valet service. The cabana system was not impressive as if you travelled with more than two in a one bedroom suite-- you were only entitled to one cabana (2 person). Had to reserve a cabana every day. Coffee maker in the room small and not very useful. The room we had was in a poor location (2d floor near the dog park). Very noisy with staff and their carts, people outside our window playing chess/dinner at Italian restaurant, loud air conditioner, and very loud plumbing system. A bit disappointed with room-- asked for another room -- totally booked. Just never imagined a room like this especially since we reserved early in January. Also, the dive with the fish program only could accommodate 16/day. I tried to make a reservation for my daughter and every slot fully booked.

The Resort itself was nice. Staff very courteous and friendly. Many restaurants available at the resort.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

shabby and outdated - very poor value.
    • Suite - Gulf Front

shabby outdated and in desparste need of investment. wildly overpriced. to be fair to the staff when we cancelled the rest of our stay they didn't put up a fight! accepted the hotel was not up to standard. shame.

location.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Fun in the sun

Can't say there was anything I didn't like.

From the moment we arrived until we checked out the staff was exceptionally friendly and accommodating. Very relaxing and fun place to stay. Lots of activities with plenty of relaxation in between.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Quick weekend getaway.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The food was on the pricey side (for the quality).

Proximity to the beach was ideal. Cabana reservations were nice, and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

Good for beach vacation
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Mandatory $50 per night for amenities which we did not use. Hotel also failed to provide booked room the first night as over-booked and we had to change rooms on second day. Bedrooms dated, could do with a makeover.

Comfy beds. Great seafront position.

nice shower good view of gulf and beac
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

had the plumber up 3 times for toilet backing up told my husband to hold handle down longer. Also asked if 7 year old and 9 year old grandkids could have thrown something down toilet. They never did that as babies. Upon departure date, 1rst floor women's bathroom was closed due to malfunction and work being done. Maybe the facility should do major repairs on plumbing.

nice shower good view of gulf and beac

• Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

No fun island in water TV much smaller than shown online touch pool much smaller and no grand pools.

Liked location and staff. Found some of the pictures online made things look better. Discussed disappointment with staff and was offered a price reduction. Very pleased with that but wish resort was as presented online.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

Lovely 'on the beach resort/hotel
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The room was very comfortable, clean and a good size, we were lucky to be upgrade to one with a balcony and sea view, which was breathtaking. Unfortunately my husband was ill with fever for a couple of the days that we were there, so thank goodness the room was very comfortable and it was fantastic having the mini kitchen. Also it helped that my kids and I could nip to have lunch or dinner in one of the many onsite restaurants, which were all very good, obviously not on the cheap end of the market however this is normal in any hotel/resort, the quality was very good. Lots of things to do around the pools and on the beach. Safe area so able to walk to any nearby restaurants or supermarkets/pharmacies. Would definitely recommend this hotel to all.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Great stay at an amazing resort

The beach activities were excellent and great fun for the kids. The location is perfect with a great view of the sea. All staff were very friendly and the food at Rumfish Grill was excellent.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Lots to do outside and nicely landscaped.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

We had to move during our stay when we had a reservation far in advance. 1st room had NO hot water so it was miserable taking showers. Last room was much better thank goodness.

Lots to do outside and nicely landscaped. Nice beach and handy location.

The lights in our bathroom were burned out.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The lights in our bathroom were burned out. They were not replaced in the two nights/three days we were there. There was an issue with our door lock. It wouldn't open. We had staff repeatedly help us enter the room. Only to be told they were aware of the problem. The beds were very uncomfortable. Our window looked out on to the airconditioners on the roof. It was very loud. For $300 plus per night, I expected more. I asked if we could move to another room for an upgrade charge. I was told no. The hotel had over 150 unsold rooms so it made no sense.

Beachy and family friendly town

The suite was small as were the beds. The main pool was much smaller than the pictures shown on the website. It would have been nice to have a playground on the facility given two of the days during our stay were cold and we could not use the pool or go to the beach.

The property is right on the beach. The big slide was great for the kids.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Outstanding family escape.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

I can't think of anything I would change.

Very family friendly; many things to do for all ages. Very clea facilities and the staff was outstanding everywhere we went.

• Reviewed: 24 November 2016

Great front desk and valet staff.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Did not like the restaurants. Had a value prime rib dinner, but when we arrived they said it was "sold out". Service was poor, in our opinion

Great front desk and valet staff.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Exceptional Staff
    • Suite

I wish there was a clear schedule or printout of everything happening on property. We couldn't find the beach fire, the glow in the dark volleyball, etc. everything was so hidden and very tough to locate. Needed more details and time.

I saw a staff member in the bushes when I was walking by and I wondered why? Then I realized he was trying to help a little boy catch a lizard. That made my heart smile. I'm sure it wasn't part of his job description to help little 5 year olds catch lizards in the bushes. That alone makes this first time customer become a lifer. The resort was nice but it was the exceptional service I received my entire stay that truly made this resort exceptional.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

good for families
    • Suite

property layout very confusing; giant maze. do not go here if you do not like kids. this is a famliy resort and not for adults or singles.

fantastic staff!

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Don't do the shuttle service take a cab!
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Transportation department very rude ended up cancelling the trip to the airport and taking a cab instead didn't even mind no being reimbursed the $65 just so I didn't have to deal with them anymore. Which cab ride was only $39 alot cheaper than the shuttle service and rude people. Did I mention the lady that books the pick ups was very rude what happened to treating the guests with respect and being polite. Have to say it ended my vacation on a sour note. Not good at all

Lots of things to do and plenty of just relaxation. Bed was comfy and plenty of pillows and plenty of towels.

Would stay again.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Cleanliness of the common areas and bathrooms were ok not great. It is a large property and we felt they could have described how the place operates more i.e. reserving cabanas but overall it was a good experience.

Staff was for the most part very helpful.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

Fantastic place to stay amazing staff
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The Staff are very friendly and I had an expectionally compassionate empathic member of staff that really helped me at a time of crisis on my holiday she went above and beyond her role to help me and my family her name is Robin Balacaier. ( I hope you get to see this you amazing woman )

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

The location is spectacular, the sunset beautiful and the...
    • Suite

The beds are uncomfortable (sofa bed was very bad) so I think the price is HIGH for the lodging offer

The location is spectacular, the sunset beautiful and the activities of the hotel very cool

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

The cleaning people and other staff members were super...
    • Suite - Gulf Front

Very crowded. Someone pulled the fire alarm and we all had to vacate the building at 10:30. No explanation from the hotel. Communication could have been better.

The cleaning people and other staff members were super friendly.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

Comfortable and relaxed stay, great for families.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Some of the decor is looking a bit tired.

Very helpful staff, easy access to all facilities, and children could safely access areas of the site and activities without us hanging over them constantly, which gave us more of a break. Good choice of pool and unlimited beach towels to borrow with no deposit required. Fantastic (if pricey) food in the Palm Court Italian restaurant on site, and many delicious and cheaper eating options just over the road.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Location and beach was great. There were lots of pools and activities, but the layout is confusing.
    • Suite - Gulf Front

The layout of the resorts was confusing and frustrating. No maps showed how to get to the other resort (Guy Harvey GH) for activities there. Everyone assumes you know where things are. Staff was less than helpful. VERY FRUSTRATING. I added pictures of the TW and GH maps to help you. If there was a map showing you how to get from one to the other, I would have included that too, but they don't have one and that's the problem. The room we had was odd, but nice. The room door opened into the corner of one of the beds in the bedroom. The living room had a small token 6-inch wide balcony. Odd, but a nice view. A dragon fly landed on it and that's more use than we got. A lightning storm was supposed to come through and they shut everything down. Everyone had to get out of the pools and even the paddle boats. They don't have indoor activities for when this happens; and it happens a lot. The lightning never came that day. Have a backup plan.

Location and beach was great. Great sunsets walks on the beach. Lots of pools. Lots of activities. We could use our room key cards to pay for food which made it convenient. Yoga on the beach was great. Beach walk with Captain Tim (at the Guy Harvey (GH) resort) was great, it just took lots of time to find GH. Kids liked the big TVs and the Pizza Hut.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

The best one day get away!
    • Suite - Gulf Front

Very noisy right by pool.

Loved the activities and the location of room. This resorts offers so much for all ages you and your kids will not be bored! Wonderful resturants on site.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

Property was on the beach.

Prices for normal meals on property were ~50% higher than local restaurants on Gulf Blvd. Resort fee was high at $45/day/person Pool area rules were not obeyed and there were plastic cups in the pool or around the pool area.

Property was on the beach. Multiple pools

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

Loved the location and the cabanas available to get a break...
    • Suite

We paid a LOT of money and were surprised more activities were not included with our wristband. Like the floating water park, the front row of cabanas, a second cabana since we were a family of 4.

Loved the location and the cabanas available to get a break from the sun.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Great mini family vacation on a gorgeous beach.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

TV went out with any storm. One day elevator was out of service so there were crowds waiting. Rooms need larger trash baskets.

Huge slide on the beach, pools, rooms were clean and great staff.

TW Island Grand - a great place to stay.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

One of the two lifts were out of order so a little delay in getting to 7th floor.

Great staff, good sized rooms and great fun.

Needs to start updating rooms

Very good
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Good

Very good

Ok
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Beds were very uncomfortable; room decor and finishes were very dated (looks like a 1991 motel)

Resort activities; friendly, attentive, helpful staff

Lots of fun amenities
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Ordered a cheese platter to go n there was no cheese

Great bed bathroom decor suite

The musical talent.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

Refrigerator took more than a day to get cold. View from room- overlooked roof of lobby- not attractive.

The musical talent.

Awesome

bigger room

Clean, great beach, kids loved it

Second time visiting and highly recommend.
    • Queen Suite

Second time visiting and highly recommend.

freindly staff, clean and comfortable with lots of things to do

the price

all the amenities and a very clean comfortable room

Best choice I could have made!
    • Queen Suite

I can't think of anything I didn't like.

everything was perfect! We had such a great time!

For the price we pay, this should have a resort quality stay and it definitely does not. We pay a hi
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds

The beds and room are old and outdates with bad mattresses.

I like the location of the hotel.

Beach cabanas, music by the pool, fire pits, 32 oz drinks