Reviews of Travel Inn - Lugoff 2 stars

928 Highway 1 South, Lugoff, SC 29078, United States of America

#3 of 4 hotels in Lugoff

• July 20, 2017

• Queen Room

No coffee pot in room. No good coffee in the office. No good breakfast food in the morning. Needs better food.

The room was nice. Slept really good. Staff was good and helpful. Room are up to date.

• June 11, 2017

• Queen Room

Where do I start? The location? The questionable characters that yell and hang around the steps? The hole in the bathroom door? This place is your cliché drug addict hotel. There where several clues that this wasn't a good place before I even made it into my room. I arrived pretty late, about 11:30Pm local time. There was a sign on the lobby door that read "Lobby closed, see side window." I thought to myself... that's a bit odd, but no worries. I walked over to the window, which by the way was like a movie theater ticket window, very odd... and there was a kind lady who helped me check in. Easy check in process . As I drove around to my room, there were several people camped out around the steps leading to the second floor rooms . That was very awkward and uncomfortable . I got out of my car and grabbed my luggage, there was a group of men drinking who looked very peculiar. I walked through them to get to my room. (Strike 2). Got into my room, I must say it was clean . I closed the door and locked it, but the door , when pressed would sway back and forth, definitely not making me feel secure. I put my luggage down and went to the bathroom, there was a beaten in hole on the bathroom door and the hinges were worn really bad, sounds to me somebody really wanted into the bathroom. I was nervous for some time but eventually fell asleep. When I departed the next morning as I walked down the steps , you can easily tell this is a sketchy hotel. There was a propane grill with beer cans every where under the steps. This property is probably catered to drug addicts and prostitution.

Comfortable Bed Friendly Staff

• May 21, 2017

The floors to my room were still damp from them being cleaned. It would have been nice to have more pillows. The shower nozzle was to hard and could not be adjusted.

Location was good. In walking distance to get food. The outside noise level was good also. The a/c was good and cold and the fridge was good also. The bed was really comfortable.

• May 16, 2017

DURING MY STAY THEY WERE DOING CONSTRUCTION ABOVE MY ROOM AND IT WAS HARD FOR ME TO SLEEP. A LOT OF BANGING AND DRILLING THE WHOLE DAY. BATHROOM COULD USE A NEW LOOK

THE ROOM WAS NICE, CLEAN AND SPACIOUS. THE BED WAS VERY COMFORTABLE AND THE FRONT DESK STAFF WAS VERY FRIENDLY.

• April 7, 2017

The girl working front desk, said she never received my booking.com confirmation so she had to charge me full price. I offered to show her my confirmation email with the booking number, however she didn't want to see it and told me to check back to see if they received my discount email. This was 4 hours after I booked the room online. In addition, the room did not have a remote control for tv. When I called the desk, I was told to come pick it up. I had to get dressed and walk back down to the front desk. A different worker informed me they still had not received my booking confirmation. When I returned to the room, the remote was not compatible with the TV and would not work. So, I paid full price, without tv access, and the WiFi was SLOW.

Location to my destination.

• March 19, 2017

• Queen Room

Totally disappointed in what they call breakfast. One 1 item to eat and it was the miniature donuts which are extremely unhealthy. They had coffee and orange juice so there was a total of 3 items to eat.

Very comfortable and clean room. Very easy to drive in and out of motel. Other than the so called "Free Breakfast" it was very nice except for traffic on nearby highway.

• December 1, 2016

• Queen Room

Donuts does NOT constitute a continental breakfast. Shameless advertising to even say that one is offered. We arrived in the lobby early to take advantage of the'advertised' breakfast which was donuts of which one was left and there were two of us.

Nothing about breakfast except there was a Shoney's next door.

• April 13, 2016

• Queen Room

Location only the place was a pig pen. He carpet was awful, the place needs a complete makeover on the insisde. I would not return nor will I recommend it to anyone👎😖!

• December 19, 2015

The lady at the front desk was honest with us and told us she didnt have any non smoking rooms which is usually a problem since neither one of us smoke. But she said I will go freshen up the room the best I can. She was very friendly and as we pulled around to the room she met us there and made sure she got the smoke smell down as much as possible. The room was very clean, and the bed was comfortable.

• November 22, 2015

• Queen Room

I didn't like the fact that the microwave oven looked like it had been abused, the refrigerator was in poor condition and the towels provided were very rough on my skin. The breakfast provided consisted of coffee, orange juice and doughnuts - pathetic.

I liked where it was located.

• November 19, 2015

• Queen Room

The poorly cleaned room smelled so strongly of smoke that it was stifling. Bath towels were more like thin hand towels...and I mean thin.

Location was good with restaurants close by.

• September 9, 2015

• Queen Room

Shower didn't work at all and wasn't fixed before I left Room smelled of years of smoke Carpet was dirty

Location is good Staff were friendly Air com is great Bed comfy

• July 13, 2017

No negatives

Great staff, very clean and comfortable rooms for a good price.

• July 9, 2017

• Queen Room

Check out time needs to be later. 12 or 1.

The room was clean and everything was well put together!!

• July 4, 2017

scarey place !!!!!!! awful, dirty, and not good

• June 26, 2017

• Queen Room

I always enjoy my stay, friendly staff and a great value.

• June 5, 2017

Cleanliness of room.

I really didn't like anything! Room was dirty And very outdated!

• May 22, 2017

• Queen Room

I enjoyed the comfort of the room, nice and spacious. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• May 14, 2017

• Queen Room

Kind of outdated. In a small town so there was questionable people staying there

Basic room

• April 18, 2017

The staff was very friendly. The location was great

• February 21, 2017

2 Roach Bugs one alive one dead, Dirty bathtub, remote didn't work phone didn't work.

Nothing really

• September 20, 2016

• Queen Room

There was no continental breakfast.

• August 18, 2016

• Queen Room

It was good enough for what I needed.

• August 13, 2016

• Queen Room

Room was dated in decor, but a real bargain.

Extremely helpful staff.Room clean,spacious,comfortable,quiet.

• June 30, 2016

questionable tenants

police stion next door

• June 6, 2016

Some of the guests being all out of there rooms and being loud

It's a comfortable spot to relax by yourself

• March 29, 2016

• Queen Room

Convenient, affordable, clean, rooms are nice.

• November 15, 2015

Not a thing

• October 12, 2015

clean

• September 8, 2015

• September 3, 2015

The view from window was the back of a restaurant

Nice sized room......comfortable bed

• August 13, 2015

• Queen Room

How clean it was and the up keep. My key never opened my door the whole stay. Even after a key change..

• June 17, 2014

Breakfast was not appealing; rooms were old, needed updates (carpet dirty and torn, bedspreads worn with cigarette burns, etc.), all except one gate to pool was locked, wondered how long since pool and been cleaned and chlorinated.

friendliness of the staff

• May 6, 2014

I went to the races and ot back late and had to get my room key fixed becoz it wont work and there breakfast was only donuts and u had a limit of 4 and they were small ..

• December 30, 2013

Service, Room not clean, Towels, not enough and old and had holes in them. Window curtains had holes in them. Bed Sheets old and short. Having to ask for things that was supposed to be in room when we arrived.

• December 2, 2013

Gave out of toilet paper. There was 2 less then half rolls when we checked in. My wife had a upset stomach during the night Had we not had our on toilet paper with us It would have been a really big deal.

Value, location

• June 18, 2013

Looked run down. Beds and pillows were not comfortable. Felt the place was dirty.. Did not feel safe traveling as a single woman with a teenage daughter.

Cheap

• May 21, 2013

The bed was very very uncomfortable. No coffee pot in room as advertised. Sheets had holes . not enough towels. Hair dryer missing. Sink in very bad condition. Overall was very shabby

• May 9, 2013

Carpet needs to be replaced. Curtains also, had holes in them. And toliot paper and towel holder and rack, was very rusty. And lots of dust. And dirty inside of coffee pot. Where water goes.. Not even worth 44 a nite. My dogs where cleaner then the hotel. Stayed there in 2008. it was bad then. But much worse now, will travel to camden next time. Thank you. Cheryl

The front desk lady was helpful. And friendly.

• February 18, 2013

There was no hair dryer, no coffee maker, no tv remote , no breakfast menu, and the door to the room had a handle that was broken so you had to hold it a certain way in order for the door key to work properly. I was very disappointed. I will never stay at this place again. If there had been one sign of a bug....i would have asked for a full refund!

I booked through Bookit.com and I did book it thru them because it said that the amenities were a hair dryer, coffee maker, and breakfast menu were part of the booking.

• February 13, 2013

No towels,coffee,or coffee maker only 1 lamp worked. The telephone did not work. Pillows and sheets worn out and no blankets. My door had to blocked to keep it shut and to lock it!!

The price /close to where I needed to go.

• January 28, 2013

The breakfast was rather meager and could have been better for very little more in cost.

My room was clean, warm and comfortable. The price was very good.

• May 4, 2014

Breakfast. Only donuts, juice and coffee

The value was good for the stay

There are also 15 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.