Reviews of Travelodge by Wyndham Presidio San Francisco 2 stars

2755 Lombard Street, Marina District, San Francisco, CA 94123, USA

#79 of 230 hotels in San Francisco

Location for people who like to be in the center of town. We preferred some peace and quiet and were not disappointed

Staff at the front desk went out of their way to help us and explain about transportation in San Francisco. Room small but clean. Fresh linen and towels every day. Fridge very quiet. Free parking on a first come basis. In the mornings we took the car to places like Golden Gate Park, bridge, Sausalito and Legion of Honor. In the afternoon we left the car at the parking lot and went into town by bus. Location is near the Presidio which means 20 min. into town but nearer to other locations mentioned above. Peaceful neighborhood.

Nothing. Good value.

Location was quiet and next door to the Presidio Park but with easy bus route into city. The staff were friendly and so helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. The room was comfortable and we received fresh towels and toiletries every day plus a sheet change. We were there 10 days and it became like home!!

I didn't appreciate the staff that checked me in. He was very rude. I had prepaid the room and wasn't informed that I must have my payment card with me at check in. When I couldn't present it and question why I must present it since money was already deducted, he said the fact that you argue tells me something. Very rude man. I asked him to refund the money to the payment card which I didn't have and I paid with another card. Worst of all they charged my new card and the previous card. So they charged me twice. When I called them for a refund, they were not willing to help so I had to call my bank and dispute the 2nd charge.

I like their breakfast and some staff.

If you are looking to be within easy walking distance to major attractions, this is not likely the hotel for you. However, if you don't mind a slightly longer walk (1.5-2 miles) or quick uber ride, then this wouldn't be a problem. Also, the room had a strange smell, despite the appearance of cleanliness.

All interactions with front desk staff were positive and friendly. The room was sufficiently clean and parking was free.

A little noisy in the morning with people outside but it is a motor lodge so to be expected and really didn’t impact all that much.

The staff and concierge at all times of day were friendly and helpful. They had excellent recommendations for sightseeing, eating with in walking distance, and tips for cable cars and Alcatraz The price for the area was very good and our local was easy to public transportation all over the city. We traveled with 1 teen and 2 adults and we were comfortable in the 2 queen bed room. Shower and bathroom were just fine. Parking place is a true bonus. The young lady at the desk moved her car so we could have her slot. She was so nice and we came in at almost 11 pm

The car park is limited

We stayed here March 18 for 4 nights, we had room 205 on the first floor and it was clean and acceptable. The Hotel is situated about 2/3rd of the way between downtown SFO and the Golden Gate Bridge. Parking is limited in the hotel car park but is available outside on the road also. Buses, shops and restaurants are only a 5 min walk away. The hotel is in a very safe neighbourhood. The hotel staff (Ray and Bob) are very kind and friendly and eager to assist you to enjoy your stay. They are very knowledgable on the local area for buses and places to visit, etc and worth talking too. The cost of the rooms include unlimited continental breakfasts always a bonus for hungry family. two Petrol stations are about 1/2 min from the hotel. I would highly receommend this hotel as a base for SFO. The hotel has been awarded several recommended hotel awards from 2010 to date and I can totally see why. I would have no issue staying here again without hesitation. For those who remember the Mrs Doubtfire film, the house it was filmed at is only a couple of blocks from the hotel and it is also only a 5 min drive from the Golden Gate bridge

Nothing else.

Nice stay! The room is super clean and I have everything I need! The nights here are super quite and good for sleep. The environment is dreaming, could feel the freshness of the sea winds, and view is superb! location is very good, near Golden Gate bridge and major SF resorts. The hotel servants and managers are very kind, I have made good friend of Raymond, Taylor and David. The breakfast is good, and next door is a wonderful pizza shop. They provide free parking. I will surely stay again if I go to SF in the future!

Charming reception, even very late at night. Pleasant attitude trying to fit us into a nearly full parking lot; even telephoned to locate a late-evening restaurant. Great service.

Shower head pressure was weak. Hair dryer blew only cold/lukewarm air. Coffee packets not replenished. I don't even drink coffee, but the coffee packets had been opened and used and not cleaned up from the last guest. I would have preferred a microwave in the room, but the front desk was kind enough to microwave something for me.

Self-controlled thermostat. Bedding comfortable. Awesome convenience to the Presidio (right out the front door)! In-room refrigerator convenient.

Breakfast was not very good. Not many choices. One morning there was almost nothing to have since they ran out of things.

Room was clean and comfortable but on the small side. Public transportation was very accessible.

Walls are a bit on the thin side, so hope for a silent neighbour if a little noise bothers you.

I've stayed here several times, and this hotel has been consistently good. It's not luxurious but pretty great if you're on a budget.

Sometimes it's hard to park and it's hard to walk all the way to the third floor

The room is spacious, comfortable bed. Staff are very helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay at your inn again.

Front desk calling at 11:15am to ask us to get out. I find it very rude to call guests Right around check out time to ask them to leave.

Great location!!

The space was tight. Bed end very close to tv cabinet, maybe 2 feet passage. Tv and remote did not work well, one station worked fine, but it was same show over and over again. No iron available.

The bed was comfortable

the room I stayed in had a king size bed that was so close to the main large (very nice) dresser which included a small refrigerator behind a door in the dresser, that did not allow enough space to open the door to the small refrigerator. The small closet had no door, and the management charged an extra fee to simply use the safe. The toilet seat cover in the very small, (shower only bathroom), was very worn with missing paint spots, it would cost only $20.00 to replace it with a more appealing seat. All the hallways/walkways and steps need to be resurfaced to create a more impressive first impression before a guest actually enters their room, as well as giving you a since safety when climbing the stairs, This could become a more comfortable and appealing hotel with minimal cosmetic upgrades.

I was most impressed with the relative quiet off the beaten path location right next to the beautiful Park Presidio in San Francisco.

Absolutely nothing that I didn’t like. If I was to be really picky, the breakfast options were a bit more limited than in other places we stayed but the quality of what was on offer was fine.

Excellent location for exploring the Presidio and Golden Gate Bridge and only a couple of miles walk to Fisherman’s Warf. Friendly welcome and very accommodating about parking up first thing in the morning prior to check-in, allowing us to set off and explore on foot. Possibly the most comfy bed on our entire trip!

Nicky could have been more friendly. I was disappointed by her customer service. She turned off TV and lights in the dining room when we were there to get hot water. We were left in the dark while searching for water and tea. Room with 2 queen-size is small. No elevator. San Francisco is an expensive city. However, if your budget allows, book a more comfortable hotel to stay.

Location is good, walking distance to Palace of Fine Arts. Public transit is accessible to get to major attractions. The neighbourhood is safe and quiet. Bob and another gentleman are very helpful and friendly. Free parking.

Not very clean, feels pretty rundown. Doors broken, dirty windows, scuffed walls, dusty outside hallways, etc. Walls and ceiling of rooms are paper thin so we heard neighbors having sex, VERY clearly. Staff barely polite. Really not an okay place to stay with kids.

Very bad payment system which doesnt accept cash upon checking in after 12am. Payment system was down upon check out and could not refund the credit card to pay in cash. Furthermore, the accom refund and charge the credit card again which incurred high currency conversion charges on the credit card.

There was no iron in our room, had to ask for one. Not sure if that was standard or an oversite. Got a bit of noise coming through walls from guests in other rooms. Room wasn't cleaned every day. Slight musty smell in rooms.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful, free onsite parking in San Francisco was a bonus. Beds and pillows were really comfortable. A great shopping / restaurant district was only streets away. Safe area, also close to the Palace of Fine Arts and Chrissy Fields. Close to bus lines to get you where you need to go around the city. Good sized rooms.

I would stay at this hotel again.

The pizza next door was excellent. Easy walk to Starbucks. Great location to Golden Gate Bridge and Fishermans Warf. Street parking was easy to find.

Parking isn't the best, but then the ad does say it is limited. The bleach they use to clean was quite overpowering and we had to open the windows to air out the room.

Ray was the most helpful concierge! This gentleman knew everything about San Francisco. With his help, we could bus it from one end of SF to the other without any difficulty. The room was a little tight, but then there was a king bed in there!

The fact that we had money stolen from one of the rooms that we were staying in, When we raised this with staff. Didn't know how to handle the situation and brushed it off and told us the only thing to do was make a police report. Put a big disappointment on the stay.

Raymond was a great help. Very friendly and very knowledgeable.

Location was excellent and manager was helpful and informative. It is away from Fisherman's Wharf area and therefore quiter and less commercialised. Lots of great restaurants in walking distance. Easy to catch bus or walk into other areas of San Francisco. Beautiful area.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

The room is a bit too small. The carpet felt it need cleaving.

The location is great right next to the Precision park and the Lyon St steps. A great pizza place next door. Very friendly and helpful staff. Very quiet.

No negatives at all!

The location was excellent if you like out of the city stays, it was quiet, yet immediately next door was a fantastic pizza (eat in or takeaway), great value, lovely service. A short walk took us to Chestnut Street which has every choice going and a great vibe. The staff were so helpful at the Travelodge, Raymond is a very enthusiastic concierge who wants to help you get the most of your visit to the city. Simple tips like keep your bus ticket as they are valid for a few hours depending on how the bus driver has marked it - we found our one bus ticket lasted us the whole day - a great saving on a sightseeing bus tour. Breakfast is simple with choices of cereal, croissants, pastries, fruit - enough to get anyone on the road to sightseeing. Afternoon tea with lovely cookies is also provided. Although slightly pricey for a 2*, with the facilities (big room, free parking, very clean, excellent service) it resulted in value for money.

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

The first room we got was so humid, that you could smell it :( But as soon as I complained, we got a new room without this problem, so everything ok !

The hotel is not centrally located, but in a nice area of the city: very close to the famous Presidio and to the nice Chestnut Street. Moreover is very well connected to the other areas with several buses, so absolutely good! The front-office guy that we met at our arrival was not the kindest person... but Raymond, who was there in the mornings, is absolutely great, very nice and helpful. With all his tips and suggestions, he really made our trip to San Francisco great. Breakfast was basic but good. No eggs or fresh pastries /cakes, but good coffee and quality cereals, enough for a good start of the day :) WiFi was disconnecting sometimes, but in general working well.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

The absolute best thing about this hotel was Raymond the concierge. Once we checked in he offered to help us create a tour rout of the city which goes through the main highlights with a combination of walking & using the public transportation for the steep ups and downs of the city. Thanks to him we saw much more than we planned, and were much less exhausted at the end of the day! Oh, and the cucumber water that he makes are amazing!

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

The tips provided by Raymond were really helpful. He is such a nice and helpful person. He made sure that we had the right information before we started roaming around in SFO. We just loved his personality!

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Rooms are small, breakfast is good although minimal tables and seating. Only limited parking so if you can get a park then leave your car and bus it around

Although this hotel is located in the Presidio area, it is very easy to get around via buses. Raymond is a wealth of knowledge in providing details on how to get around San Francisco. We saw so much more thanks to his great advice. Excellent deli next door with the best sandwiches and rolls. We were over fast food and this was great. There is also a pizza shop next to the deli which we didn't get to try but I did here others saying how good it was. .

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

The limited parking, but then it is like that most place around the city.

Good decent accommodation , great helpful staff, for the money it is fine and close to the nearby attractions and Golden-gate Bridge

parking very limited. some nights we were un able to find a park and had to park on the street. luckily the nights we stayed the street parking was free and it wasnt a problem. If it was any other night this would have been a big issue.

assistant was very helpful and friendly and let us check in a few hours early which was greatly appreciated. beds were very comfortable.

I liked everything. Thank you.

The concierge was extremely helpful, professional and friendly. Breakfast was very good except for croissants (Not a big deal with all other items). Thank you. Will stay here again next time.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Located near the entrance to the Presidio, which is a wonderful place. Only a 15 minute ride by car or Lyft to the Embarcadero & the Wharf area. The place was clean, simple and a very comfortable bed. Quiet area. Staff was friendly & helpful.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Very restricted parking...leave your car in the car park and use the local buses. If you don't go to early breakfast there can be very little choice except for the standard two cereals on offer.

Close to good selection of restaurants. Close to all major bus routes to get to the most visited places in San Francisco. Nicolette who checked us in was very knowledgable and helpful giving us all the information about buses and local transport. Tea and biscuits in the afternoon was a definite bonus after a long day of sightseeing.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

Well, it was a good price for a room in SF. It also wasn't a fancy place, and worn in place. Bare bones, especially parking. But the staff was very friendly and helpful. And the bed was comfortable. And, I liked that it was so close to a main artery of SF, but still quiet.

I liked that it was both quiet and easily accessible for that part of SF

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Room was not very clean. Air conditioner did not work and when I called the front desk she told me they didn't always work and when I asked to be moved to another room she said they were all like that. So we suffered in the heat for $200.00 for the night. And then to top it off my husband was bit on the leg while in bed. We could not see anything but he had a whelp on his leg. Couldn't get away fast enough.

Only stairs, no elevators, but not too terrible. Your in San Francisco...always going up or down somewhere!! The shower wasn't great with water pressure, but that was not a show stopper.

The friendliness of the staff was awesome. The breakfast every morning was cheery and the coffee was good. The breakfast was croissants, hard boiled eggs, cereal, juice, oatmeal, butter, jam. yogurt. Enough to start your day. Tea and cookies in the afternoon! Again, the staff was very helpful with how to get around town, what was available near by. The location right outside the Presidio was great. Beautiful area. Oh, and free parking!!! Can't stress that one enough staying in San Francisco!

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

There was too much furniture in the room, very cramped to have two queen size beds. We would have booked 1 king if it was available.

The staff was wonderful, very helpful. We were able to park on site, walk to things.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

The breakfast could improve and the parking security as well.

The hotel staff was very careful and gave us a lot of tips and information about the city.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

Parking space is too limited. Door lock did not work properly inserted key card several times with green light blinking and would not open. Breakfast room too small and not much choice. Room too small. With all these value should be low.

Location is good.

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

The room and bathroom were a bit small. The bathroom was very dated.

The bed was comfortable and parking was included, which is a huge bonus in San Francisco. The free wifi was great.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Location was great and quiet. Staff was very helpful, friendly and accommodating. Especially Raymond who was particularly helpful at checkout! Will definitely be back.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

Staff very helpful, Raymond made a lot of time for us to explain the bus routes and what places to visit whilst our stay in San Francisco - excellent lodge!!!

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

Nothing really.

Nice place, nice neighborhood, friendly and helpful staff. We didn't eat there, so I can't speak for the food but everything else was very good.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

Rooms are a bit dated but clean and functional.

The location is very good, close to bus routes and shops but on the relatively quiet end of Lombard street.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Rooms with 2 queens really small ! No place left for laggage. Breakfast was minimal . Location is quitevremote from most popular locations in sf .

Fair price , included parking lot ( not guaranteed)

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Our room was right by the stairs, so it was extremely loud whenever people went up and down (even though we were told we were given one of the best rooms since we arrived early). Then people made a huge amount of noise at 12:30am coming in and stood in front of our room. They also turned out to be staying in the room directly above us and were extremely loud from 2-4am. One of the noisier hotels we have stayed in yet. :-(

Front desk staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

The staff st this hotel are very friendly and helpful. This is the second time we have stayed here as it is in an appropriate location for us and we would stay there again.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

no dislikes

the beds were so comfortable The staff were so helpful regarding how to get to places and where to go eat it was a very relaxed atmosphere enjoyed our 4 night stay

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Having to pay more than the original price that we had committed to on booking.com. The hotel had no record of our reservation on the first night, although the confirmation I received from booking.com showed that reservation. Having to move from one set of rooms to another due to the booking mix-up. Not sure who was responsible for the mix-up, but it resulted in some extra expense and unexpected hassle.

Due to a mix-up between booking.com and Travelodge, we did not have a room ready on the first night of our two-night stay. The manager graciously worked with us to get suitable accommodations when we arrived. He gave us a 25% discount on each of two rooms, although it did end up costing us about $100 more than the original reservation we thought we had for the first night, which was for one room with two beds. Staff was very helpful in working with us on the second day to ensure a smooth transition from the first set of two rooms to another set of two rooms that we had reserved for the second night when other family members arrived. All of the rooms were generally clean, quiet and comfortable. Staff was also very knowledgeable about local attractions and transportation.

Breakfast choice was very limited, expensive stop over but I guess thats just San Francisco. No elevator available if you have limited mobility may be an issue.

Comfy beds and some onsite parking. Plenty of places to eat just a short walk away. Staff all friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Unfortunately due to the drop in exchange rate for pound to dollar value for money did not make top of list. That said San Francisco is an expensive city of America.

The staff were all very pleasant and helpful, with a good knowledge of the area.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

Nothing, as it was fine for 2 star accommodation.

All Staff were very helpful, included breakfast was very good for a basic continental. Location was fine for us as we were able to walk to Big Bus stops. Free wifi worked well.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

The price was a little high, but so were all hotels in SF!

We had never stayed in a Travelodge before and we were pleasantly surprised. This was a great location for us - close to Crissy Field for running, a short 5 minute walk to Chestnut St. for shopping and dining, and close to several bus stops. Also a very quiet location. We were very impressed by the helpful and friendly staff - Duilio, Ray, Tyler and Nicky. Their knowledge of the city and the transit system was impressive. The room we had was clean and comfortable thanks to the housekeeping staff. We would definitely stay here again!

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Limited natural light

Staff were really freindly, helpful and couldn't do enough for you. Afternoon tea was a nice touch. Toiletries and refreshment in the room where excellent. Excellent location for bars and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Hard to park, limited spaces and difficult for large vehicles. As long as you are forewarned and are ready for that, no problem.

Great location near The Presidio for dog walks, many dining options within easy walking distance. Staff always friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Nil

On arrival we were impressed with staff member Dulio who took the time to run through transportation, areas of San Fran and value for money. Motel was close to the Marina and forshore of San Fran Bay, Sandwich shop beside has the greatest Sandwiches I have eva tasted. Thumbs Up

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Breakfast limited but could take to room and go back as many times as you wanted.

Huge comfy clean bed. Great staff, very helpful. Room service brilliant.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

No possibility to check in earlier or check out later. Very basic breakfast. Small parking lot. Very expensive but it's San Francisco!

Helpful personnel. Nice room, not what you would expect from the outside. Comfortable beds.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

The only thing I would have liked better, was to have a regular coffee maker in the room.

Rooms were clean and cozy. Great location, close to some stores and restaurants. The pizza place next door had awesome pizza! The staff was amazing!! Dulio, David and Nickey were there to answer questions, give us tips about places to visit, and helped us with travel to the airport. Great group!!

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

No real complaints. I'd be picky to try to find real faults. I have stopped in better (more expensive) places and I've stopped in much worse places.

This hotel is located 50 yards from the Presidio park entrance. The staff are very friendly and are helpful and approachable at all times...There is a good general purpose store and a very good pizza and sandwich shop next door. Public transport links from downtown are very easy and convenient.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

No plates at breakfast only 3 tables for all the guests. Choice of 2 cereals and then high sugar buns or croissant. Nothing more than a grab and go offering.

Friendly and helpfull staff advising on things to do and getting around in the City.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

The orange juice was horrible - for a few extra cents, please buy good juice. No public restroom - we arrived after several hours' driving and had to walk two blocks to the gas station as our room wasn't ready. We showed up at 1pm, check in is at 3.

For us, the location was excellent - a short walk into the Presidio or Marina area and on good bus routes into downtown, Fisherman's Wharf, Golden Gate park and Haight Ashbury. The bistro, pizza shop and deli within 50 metres of the hotel were all excellent. The staff were generally helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

Extremely helpful and friendly staff who went out of their way to make sure you knew what to visit and how to get there. Easy access by bus to wherever you wanted to go. Quiet room. Very comfortable bed. Breakfast was basic but enough for us.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

The staff were friendly and very helpful. They went out of their way to make sure we felt comfortable with where we were going and how to get there, offering many helpful insights and tips. Made our stay in a strange city easy to navigate. Thank you to all the staff 😀

• Reviewed: 17 September 2016

Our showerhead dripped if it wasn't in a certain position (that I could never figure out), but that was it! Beautiful exterior with an older interior feel, but it was fine, espcially for all of the other perks and pricing.

The staff has to be one of the friendliest and helpful group of people I've met at a hotel. You will feel at home right away, and don't hesitate to ask for any sight-seeing/public transport tips. Our trip was much more organized and enjoyable with their help! Great pricing, especially if you have a car (limited parking space that worked for us). Bus lines are close but mildly confusing without help, and breakfast and midday cookies were very welcome. I liked the location because it was NOT close to crazy downtown yet still doable for everything we wanted to see. Short walk to the Palace of Fine Arts and an amazing view of the Bay and Bridge, including the wave organ. I'd definitely stay here again! Email communication was also excellent. Thanks for everything!

Room had a musty smell and was small. Bathroom small.

Raymond was a hive of information. Close to buses and Presidio. Also within a 10 minute walk to restaurants.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

Raymond - he is fantastic. All the staff are great but Raymond will sit down with you and help you plan your day. He is great. The beds were comfy and the location fantastic. The area is nice and a short walk to restaurants and shops on Chestnut St. Quick bus ride to Golden Gate Bridge and Park and an easy walk to Fishermans Wharf (45 mins - no hills!)

Room 202 right by the stairwell. All guest traffic came past out door. Bit of a pain if you wanted an early night and an early start next day.

Staff were very helpful

I can't think of any.

I liked Everything about the hotel. Friendly office people, eating room off of the office, dog friendly, even tho we had no dog. Rooms were clean and you can get a good peaceful nights rest. You can't hear any traffic. It is also close to places to eat for all types of eating. its a short walk a couple blocks away. Safe and good neighborhood. I will be back one day.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2016

Our room was small and cramped for space, but we didn't come here to stay in the room!

Great location, quiet with easy access to the city, and if you are lucky a parking spot!

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

The staff were absolutely lovely. One lady in particular went above and beyond to show us which buses went where and gave us a highlighted map which was well used to help us find our way around. Lovely little hotel!!!

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

Breakfast needs improvement, one day they only offered coffee, corn flakes and some sort of cake but no fresh bread

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Rooms were okay but small. Free Wi-Fi. Overall a solid choice to explore San Francisco

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Great location right next to the Presidio. Quiet area in the evening and very safe. The staff was extremely helpful which is nice given how much you have to rely on public transportation to get around in San Francisco.