Reviews of Travelodge by Wyndham Bishop 2 stars

155 East Elm Street, Bishop, CA 93514, USA

#6 of 21 hotels in Bishop

Air conditioner totally inadequate for room given the heat this time of year. Room never got below 80 degrees at night. Made sleeping near impossible.

Was clean and staff was very nice upon arrival.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was fine, as the room. Well located, noiseless and clean. Employees are fine and pleasant. A good place to spend a night, or even more.

Carpet was dirty, dip in the floor at foot of bed a/c too noisy to leave on when trying to sleep

Check in simple friendly staff good selection for breakfast

A bit overprized. Breakfast room is tiny so you might not find a seat. Poor quality and variety breakfast but fine to have your stomach full. Wifi log in page did not load for some rooms.

Big and comfortable room and beds. Very quiet place with easy parking. Wifi is ok when connected.

Breakfast was just basic and housekeeping staff crowding around coffee machines at breakfast time making hard to get in and out. Just please encourage them to share with the paying customers.

Office staff were friendly and helpful, the dinner recommendtions were excellent.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The pillows were too big, i.e. tall, and too hard. I had to sleep without using the pillows. I might add that I have experienced this before in several different locations. The waterflow in the bath room sink was very slow.

The staff was pleasant and helpful. They deserve a raise!

I little noisey. The old type of heater. Loud. You could hear people coming and going by the room. The lady next door had a dog. The furniture is well worn. It was a step above Motel 6

The room was clean and the beds were comfortable

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The air conditioner/heater did not work properly. It only came on for a minute or two. It would not cool off or heat up the room. It was so warm that we had to open all the windows in the evening to help cool off the room. Then it was cold in the morning & not enough heat. We reported the problem to the manager when checking out, she said that the maintenance man would fix it.

The big open wide easy access shower, comfortable beds, room location (in back away from highway). Large variety of breakfast items. good coffee.

Carpeted rooms were an interesting choice. Holds dirt more, so had to remove shoes at all points. Not a bid deal, but a consideration. Its a little pricey considering. I would stay here again, but honestly would likely get a less expensive place if I could.

Typical motel, clean, comfy. Good pillows which is rare for these types of places. Decent breakfast selection - really appreciated the fresh fruit and yogurt.

We paid $59 for our room for 1 night in March - fantastic value as the hotel has everything we needed. Room was comfy and big enough. Breakfast was better than a lot of other more expensive places we stayed. Staff very nice and helpful.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Great little stop off on the way to Mammoth Mountain. The breakfast was very nice and the bed was comfortable. Definitely served our needs at an affordable rate. We'll likely come back in the future on our way to the mountains.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

bed was hard, towels were hard. room was poorly decorated. Bed spread was another sheet. Horrible , weak coffee

Showtime, microwave and refrigerator in room, staff very accommodating for service animal. Moderate breakfast provided.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

There should be a policy that tells people that they should not be so loud in the morning when people are sleeping at 5 or 6 a.m. There were people talking very early in the morning. You can hear their conversations through the wall. We were very tired so it was not good. we didn't like that we couldn't rest at 5 in the morning with their talking.

The front staff were very helpful. The location was perfect. The breakfast was very good and I will like to stay again here. The information says you can check in at 3 p.m. but we arrived at 1 p.m. and we requested if they could give us a room at that time. the front staff was very accommodating and they were able to check us in around 2.

Heater is probably old, make screeching sounds first night. Then I guess after running sometime it warms up and function quietly.

They have good view of mountain summits with snow. Location close to gas station and McDonalds. Friendly staff and hot water/coffee on the ready.

The spa and pool were closed. We just finished a hike from Big Pine and a jacuzzi would have been nice ):

It was probably the cleanest Travelodge I have been to. Staff were extremely nice and responsive and since it was in Bishop everything was pretty local. Spacious for the 4 of us

I can't think of one.

Loved how we were able to walk to grab a drink, a bite to eat and even go bowling :)! Everyone at the hotel was very accommodating and friendly. The beds were a definite plus as well, perfect firmness ;)

I had to air the room out. It smelled very strongly of air freshener.

I loved having a microwave, coffee maker & fridge in the room. It made it very easy to bring food back.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We didn't appreciate the first room we stayed in. It is on the 1st floor and the noise coming from the room above was truly intolerable. Every movement from above was amplified by the creaky ceiling! We got 1-2 hour sleep! If it wasn't for Chelsea, who moved us to another room - one without a second floor above - we would have left and demanded our money back! The $15/night pet fee is really too much to ask. Your rates are also a little much for the offering.

Breakfast offering was reasonable, fresh, good variety.

The room smelled like urine, so we opened up the window to let in some fresh air and had to listen to a noisy fan/compressor (not from our unit) all night long. There was also a very bright light outside our window and despite our drapes being closed the room was still filled with light. The bed and pillows were rather hard, and the blanket fairly thin. The refrigerator was super small. I usually stay at another motel in Bishop, which has much better value for the money. For some reason I tried this Travelodge instead, but I will definitely not be coming back.

Hot water pressure was good.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bed and pillows very "Motel 6" hard and uncomfortable - towels are low end rough

Most everything - pool and spa area in need of updating, whole new "look"

The carpet could use cleaning and the coffee was just so-so.

The location is very convenient for travelers. They have a decent breakfast. The location was quiet and off the main road. The staff was very pleasant.

The pillows were very thick we both ended up with bad necks in the morning. The walls were paper thin & our room was next to the laundry room, we were woken up early by the maids talking which went on for a good hour or two before we managed to get back to sleep. The door also seemed thin and I didn't feel particularly safe.

The room was very clean. Check in & out was quick. Parking available outside of our room.

Parking was a bit difficult. Parking in front, by the front rooms was minimal. Parking behind the far end of the building was dark and not visible from the street for better security. Had to park on the street.

Bishop is pretty quiet at night, so the motel was pretty quiet. Just off the main street. Room was clean. Decorated nicely. Breakfast was minimal continental breakfast, but enough to get the day started.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

As our place of rest after Death Valley and before Yosemite it was ok, It has nothing special, but it's all you need for just sleeping during your road trip. The location in Bishop is nice to have a short walk and if you need to buy something it has all you may need during your trip.

I didn't like the fact that the room above us when they turned on the water or flushed the toilet it was so loud and that the room air conditioner was very loud so for the 2 nights I had trouble sleeping. So I recommend requesting a top floor room

The hotel staff was very nice and the rooms were really clean. The breakfast had a god variety and there was something for all of us to choose that we liked

We thought this was one of the best becase there was more to offer than just plain waffles. The staff both at the time of check in and check out were very polite and helpful.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bed was advertised as a queen but wss a double and too small for my 6'3" husband and me. The floor had soft spots, was umeven and did not feel safe. I have small insect bites on my ankles and there were no towel racks so i used hangers in tbe closet. Room was quiet and location eas off the msin sreet so ee d id not hear the large trucks that went by often.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The fan was terrible and kept my husband awake. The refrigerator didn't work. The phone didn't work. The room wasn't appealing.

The two front desk women were great.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Poor feeling, cheap quality. 140$ a night yet it was like a 40$ motel. From the bed sheets to the bathroom. And no parking space. Not worth the money at all. Very uncomfortable night. Avoid

Didn't like that on my last day the cleaning staff tried to get into my room twice. Would be good if it was communicated to them when someone is checking out so they wait till after they are gone.

Was hoping for a little more variety for breakfast like maybe warm eggs and bacon, etc. What was offered was ok but could change it up a bit. Room was pretty good especially compared to what I heard about other locations in Bishop.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

A few cockroaches scurried about the property...

The decor of the room was nice, the size was right, location was great, the spa was warm worn good jets, and it was overall a good stay!

Over priced. The room had zero sound proofing, very thin walls, could hear people in the next rooms word by word, noisy and hard to sleep.

Well located and clean

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Staff had just shampooed the rug before I got there, this caused an allergic reaction I barely slept the first night. When I told the front desk what had happened, they had the cleaning crew put baking soda down. If I was responsible for customer relations I would have offered to switch rooms and help with the switch. This was not offered. This was supposed to be a non-smoking facility and yet someone smoked outside the door. The air conditioning unit sucked it into the room. Again, not allowing for a good night's sleep. I tried to check in an hour early and was told this was not possible. I was meeting people to bury my ex and this caused some problems with food and other stuff that was in my car in the 106 degree heat. All in all my stay was certainly not worth almost $100/night at this facility.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The fish cleaning station is disgusting need a way to keep the nats away better cleaning board and maybe install a fosset with a hose makes for better clean up.

Breakfast .staff.loacation,bang for the buck

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Staff was friendly and helpful, Plenty of parking close to the room, good location slightly off the highway, only thing wrong was that the air conditioner didn't work too well. Ti might have been overworked from the outside heat. Oh, everything was clean and neat and the breakfast was very good for the price (free).

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very suprised by the updates, everything there, clean, spacious, friendly, great location, quiet, microwave, frig, iron, good bathroom, really as much as I could hope for and best value in town, also very friendly.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Charged $20 additional at check in for ADA room without notifying me when I asked for it in my original reservation request. The staff member said the increase was because it was "a larger room."

Central location

Wifi not very good. The staff also said this. You pick up the wifi from motel over the road better. Soda machine out of order, pool empty and spa out of order, business centre printer out of order.

Good range of breakfast foods. Stayed here on way to Death Valley. Better prices than close to the park for accommodation, fuel and groceries.

See above! !! Very bad. Those bath mats are totally unsanitary. I'm requesting a refund from booking.com

I am requesting a refund for this stay. After three days I lifted up the bath mat which is supposedly glued in place to find disgusting green and yellow mold. I had been soaking in this tub every day as I was sick already. Totally unacceptable. I too photos

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

AC is noisy. Not a big deal to me.

Nice reception/information area. There is fridge, microwave, hair dryer, coffee maker in the room. Room and the bathroom are clean.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

We left at 6 am so there wasn't anything to dislike.

We had to beat the snow storm that was arriving sooner than expected at Statline,NV . Called direct to the hotel to see if we could arrive a day early. It was 6:30 pm and there was a room available so they said yes, we arrived around 9:30 pm. Very thought full of them allowing this with no extra charge. The day we were to depart Stateline there was a rock slide closing Highway 207[our way off the mountain] We were very grateful we left when we did.

• Reviewed: 27 December 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

No heat in the bathroom, with door closed bathroom is freezing cold. Heater/ac blows air right on the bed, has a weird cooling/herring cycle even when thermostat was set to heat only. Half an inch gap under front door made sure there always was a cold draft on the floor.

Reasonably cheap for the holidays, close to main street, has continental breakfast, clean room

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The only nitpick I had was the non-stop Fox news in Lobby. I would have liked to enjoy my breakfast/coffee without hearing the same repeated dragged out stories over and over.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was okay but basic. Nothing freshly prepared (sausage, eggs, waffles, potatoes).

Scenery from the property was very good - snow-covered mountains. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was noisy, thin walls, and the room heater was loud and musty. My friend was coughing and sneezing, I could smell an odor.

The location, early check in and staff.

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The floor in our room was EXTREMLY dirty such that we had to avoid to touch in bar foot. The personal did not try to offer an alternativ! The lady next morning was much friendly and accused.

Lobby o.k.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2016

I wish there was somewhere to sit outside other than the pool by the car park and some wholemeal bread for breakfast

It was great value for money - clean comfortable and perfect location for everything - we used it as a base for a climbing trip

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

Staff is always friendly and helpful. Breakfast is free and has several options to choose from (3 cold cereals, instant oatmeal, yogurt, fruit, muffins, toast, toaster waffles, coffee, teas, and juices). Location is right in town, with an easy walk to beautiful Bishop Park.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2016

Pet area terrible. Tucked in a very far back corner of the lot, not safe at night. No grass, just rocks. Other hotels across the street had nice, well lit grass strips. Never staying there again.

Room was clean. Location convenient to downtown.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

The breakfast is weak at best. For just a small price increase other facilities in the region of much better breakfasts.

Good value for the money. Clean, comfortable rooms.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Beds and pillows hard as rocks

All staff was great, the breakfast was fine, room overall was fine, location is very good for us, good parking, quiet location.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2016

Pillows were overstuffed & firm ok if you're sitting up watching TV, but made it difficult to sleep. But all in all this lace was outstanding!

Nice Front Desk Woman

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

They need to replace the 1960's freezer they offer to store the fish . Do a better job with the fish cleaning station. There were no supply's to clean the station .we were unable to clean our fish there .

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

What a lovely place Bishop is ... We used it as a stop off from Vegas via Death Valley and the. Going on to Yosemite. Wanted a beer upon arrival & told to go over the road to the bowling alley ... What a friendly place (& cheap beer!!). We ended up eating there too. There was a local bowling match so loads of people around in the evening & the restaurant there got full with locals so says it all.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very helpful staff. Room was spotlessly clean. Continental breakfast was plentiful in comfortable surroundings. If you're visiting Bishop you won't find a better value place to stay.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

Bed was not comfortable at all but the vibe from the check in receptionist was awful, she scolded me when I checked for a first floor room by commenting "Just so you know you can put in a request that when you book." I did put in request and she then commented, "oh, I don't see anything here, it must not have shown up." Really poor people skills for a people business. I work with people everyday, there are correct ways of handling this, this really didn't seem appropriate.

Restaurants around the hotel was great. Convenience of the need of room for 1 night on trip from San Francisco to Las Vegas.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Our stay at Travelodge Bishop was a very pleasant experience. The front desk person was extremely friendly and helpful. And an added bonus was the continental breakfast, even though the Trip Advisor listing said no breakfast was offered, so we were pleasantly surprised.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Second day, no housekeeping, ice machine was in op, had to go to front desk to get ice. Dirty, stained carpets. When checked out and told of no housekeeping, she said they would call us, but no call yet.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

Location was nice, room was clean, and staff were fine but I believe $180.00 was a little much. I travel quite a bit so I would think $140.00 to 150.00 would been more in line even considering the location as being a vacation location.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Loud people outside room and my mom joined me and due to it being summer the motel was booked and couldn't change room

It was a great motel except the noisey people outside my room which is not the motels fault just very inconsiderate people...I have had this happen at s five star hotel...comfortable, Clean and I will stay again due to my parents live in Tsjoe and if we do s late night drive it is our stoping point...

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

Freezer for fish could use an upgrade hard to believe there using that old out of date contraption . It's location back of hotel sucks .But overall no complaints

The bed was like a cloud gave me s great room when I requested down stairs

• Reviewed: 27 July 2016

Not enough tables in lobby for breakfast. Challenging to find a place to eat

Easy walking distance to restaurants and Schats Bakery. Room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The walls and doors for the room next to us left a lot to be desired. Lots of noise came through from our neighbors who weren't trying to be noisy.

The employees were great! The location was nice and close to everything in town.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

One ice machine for entire facility not even close to west side of building. Parking VERY limited.

Location, fridge, microwave in room. Continental breakfast.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Walls not very well soundproofed, could easily hear the chap snoring in the room next door.

Front desk staff very friendly. Bonus was the complimentary breakfast (unexpected, not shown on booking.com). Room was OK. Not a bad stopover location between Death Valley and Yosemite which is what we were after.

• Reviewed: 15 July 2016

The chairs were remarkably uncomfortable although to be fair, there wasn't room for larger ones.

Location was excellent and the room was clean and well air conditioned. The bed was comfortable and the TV remote worked properly. Breakfast was marginal. Pastries were not very good at all.

• Reviewed: 9 July 2016

• Deluxe King Studio - Non-Smoking

Maybe the pillows.

Firm clean comfortable bed for a tired traveler.oldr style TV with GREAT cable selection.Clean towels. Good shower pressure and hot water. Quiet and secure. Good old fashioned motel but in a nice town. Good coffee and coffee cakes. Cereal and milk. Just enough to start the day. We always stay a t least one night at the Third!

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

Not as close to the Bristle Cone Pine forest as we'd hoped. The bed was supposed to be king size in our room, but it was a queen at best.

Friendly and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

• King Studio with Sofa Bed- Non-Smoking

The room hat ants all over. Just before we got there they sprayed ant poison all over the room and it smelled so bad we all felt sick. We opened the doors and windows and stayed there because it was a Saturday night and everywhere else was booked. The next morning everything, including us, was covered in ants. This place sucks! When I showed them all the ants the next morning all they cared about was making sure we paid for the room.

There was a pool

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

Towels were rough and thread worn. Micro needed to be secured down and in room refer was very small.

Clean, quiet, friendly staff, great fishing cleaning station and freezer for fish. A/C cold.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The pool was a bit murky and at the front of the car park

The location was excellent and the staff were helpful

Clean, friendly staff. Great room for price. Good breakfast. Would definitely stay again

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The mattress and small pillows. Horrible nights sleep. Mattress very uncomfortable.

Staff, Location, breakfast.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Kind staff and very clean room!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

All was fine except for rowdyneighnors in the next room at 0200.

Browse Travelodge by Wyndham Bishop traveller photo gallery