Reviews of Travelodge by Wyndham San Francisco Central 2 stars

5.5

6.1

5.5

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The area had a lot of homeless people, so we felt unsafe at night to go buy a bottle of water n the machine in their door way wasn't working to buy it.

We had our room ready 1 hour before chk in time, the strong desk staff was helpful

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

There was a lot of foot traffic outside of our door. There was what appeared to be a homeless man, who had many different visitors throughout the night and loud people / music all night. I am not familiar with this city, so perhaps this behavior comes with this neighborhood but I won’t stay here again. I would pay more to feel safe and have a quiet, restful night. This is definitely not a location I want my daughter to experience again.

The staff was very friendly.

The staff were quite rude at times. The people hanging around outside were a bit sketchy and we had to put a deposit down for an iron.

It was centrally located between Castro and mission. The bed was very big and it was easy to get to the room.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There were random people roaming the hotel.. Asking to borrow a cigarette or ask for money. Felt quite unsafe with my family around. There were random people sleeping on the stairs in the night.. There was one guy who did not seem to be a guest but was passed out in front of a room.

The location is good and that is the only positive

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Free parking and not getting surprised bills added on to.credit card

The shower and bed only. TV played but has to unplug modem.just to get sound working and the smell of drugs was terrible in receptionist erea

The place is VERY unsecured: bad guys walked all around, especially on the parking lot, looking for an open room to visit. We lost a smartphone at this game... I’ll not stay there next time, for sure.

Apart its location, this hotel has little interest.

Takes forever to get a hold of somebody over the phone. In fact, the hotel's number is not even listed in the website. Website is not very informational. Most inconvenient.

The front desk check-in person was very helpful.

Parking fee was of $17 a day. Construction work being done adjacent to the hotel

The bed was amazing. Location was on Market St. But not in a bad part of Market St.

Sex workers above us and next door. Three clients knocked on our room door. The rooms didn’t feel clean. The tiled floors were sticky. This morning I tripped and fell over a homeless man sleeping on the stairs. Not what I expected and certainly not what I wanted my ten year old son to see

Location was easy to navigate to

Parking is limited and if you went out to dinner late it was difficult to find a parking space.

Convenient location, it is clean but certainly not at all fancy.

In reality the rooms and toilets do not look like the pics posted on the booking. Com site. Not clean especially floor loos dirty. Heard form people around that the place is inhabited by drug addicts and prostitutes.

Concern for customers could be improved. Calling the front desk to ask about the broken wifi and getting hung up on repeatedly was not very nice.

Internet was broken for two days. I lost money as I could not work. No discount given. Check-in time was postponed as room was not ready.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

You have to pay $17 a day for parking in a parking lot thats not covered, the spots are so small that you can barely squeeze into them, so getting out of your vehicle is obviously not very easy. There was construction noise from dawn til dark everyday, so who needs an alarm clock.

THe beds were comfortable

WiFi did not work well at all. It didn’t reach the room despite being very close to the reception. Sometimes didn’t work when in the reception area either. We thought parking would be free as no mention of cost on booking.com. That disappointed us a lot so we moved to a different hotel for our second and third night

Very comfy beds. Free toiletries and good shower. Plenty of parking available at an extra cost (thought it was free)

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

every now and then we hear a lot of noise like a washer shaking crazy on the wall and its a loud noise.. at night you can hear the homeless screaming outside... the location has two smell either its pee or weed... not a child friendly location.

Lots of people hanging around and talking loudly in the night. Vagrants hanging about and urinating on the walkways. Smell of piss greets you in the morning or when you come back late. Beg bugs!!!!

The bed was comfortable with many pillows. Didn't enjoy getting bitten by bed bugs.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

All the towels were dirty and the neighbors upstairs kept moving the furniture around. The coffee looks like it needs to be replaced.

The bed was soft especially after an 8 hour drive.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Explanation of the billing was terrible and we're still having problems to resolve the problem of the charges per day at check out

Breakfast in the morning

Location isn’t the best a lot of homeless people wandering around and because of the motel/open style you can hear them or see them in the hotel. It is very loud, with people parking and playing loud music at 2AM. Breakfast isn’t something to look forward to. Room was filthy; sticky floor and plastic and hair left in the floor. Pictures provided don’t show the real condition of the room. It has been poorly maintained and need renovation. I wouldn’t stay for more than one night.

Shower had good water pressure and bed was pretty big

It was a low budget hotel... walls were paper thin, rooms were not very attractive. Room was pretty clean... refrigerator leaked all over the floor. It was very noisy outside.

Price

• Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Right next to a building site so very noisy. Lots of drunk locals sitting outside our room at all times. People banging our doors at very early hours. Surrounding streets at night didnt feel safe.

Local to tram lines

PRICE ! Was way out of control , I cant believe they can charge this much for a place like that . I honestly didn't know where I was getting myself into , had to pay to stay somewhere . Will not do that again , specially at that place and the price that I was charged.

The AC/Heater did not work. There were drug transactions taking place in the parking lot. A man with a mask knocked on our door at 10 pm. My worse experience at a motel in 40 years! Never will return and recommend that others stay far away!

Had to pay to park in the hotel parking lot. Shower drain did not drain well. Bed was ok but blanket paper thin. Shady people hanging out on stairs and parking lot. Even person passed out in lobby when We checked out. Sat on the step outside my room and looked to my rightside and there was a syringe laying there amoungts cigerette butts. Did not feel safe there at all. Not a good experience. Very scary.

Can’t think of anything I liked.

No security on windows at all. Anyone could have got access to our room whilst out. Room door I’ll fitted and a cold wind blew in all night reaching our bed. No hot water both mornings and evenings.

Parking was available (at a cost).

When we arrived, no greetings, staff told us we had no confirmed reservation, took our credit card and blocked a crazy amount of money. He told us we should not stay at this lodge and find an other place to stay. The only good advice he gave so we did. The room is way smaller and old than how it looks on the pictures. Neighborhood was not safe, many homeless people and people under drugs. I would never recommend this place and hope you won’t either !

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hotel was not clean, too loud and the parking option is not that good. Unless you arrive very early you are not going to find a spot to park your car. Elevator was not working the check-in date. The day after, it was working, but very dirty.

I have never been to a place so threatening and dangerous as this establishment with homeless walking through the property, drug addicts in some of the suites, an indication that this Travellodge is used for vouchers. It was an insult and I will never use Travelodge. The first day was a nightmare and I had to call the front office a 3AM because of rap music and people talking and final day homeless in the walk ways and when checking a disheveled individual asking for towels, a mess, and his friend waiting who looked like he got into a fight and lost. Face swollen. I will never stay at this place nor should families.

NOTHING, TERRIBLE AND DANGEROUS

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

We were assigned to a room with at least 10 crackheads literally posted on our rooms entrance. We had to demand to stay in another room, which was available right away. So why put us in the walkway of drug addicts to begin with?

The pictures on the site are so misleading! When we arrived at 11pm there were homeless people sleeping in the stairwell and next to rooms blocking entrances. The following morning, my car was written on and then later in the afternoon a gentleman on the second floor approach my wife and infant daughter and tried to sell them drugs. I checked out immediately after only one day and the hotel manager still charged for two nights! This was the worser experience ever!

The staff was not helpful and they were people smoking and doing drugs in the hallways. Very low class. Would not stay in this hotel again.

The bed was comfortable

That night was miserable for real first of all first of all they want give me the room I booked by booking.com little woman is non-smoking room but inside you can smell the smoke Verry well I stayed at night with my two kids and after midnight the mirror Wonderwall wasn't stable it fell down on the floor and broken pieces and my kids was shocking crying all night and they won't let me move another room and I slept with two babies while the floor for the glasses do you want change the room they want to clean it they want do nothing tell the manager be there and investigate whatever happened and in the 5 in the morning me and my kids we can go back to sleep and the housekeeping starting to clean the door 10:30 asking for taking out while they know from the guy who was behind the front desk that night was going on last night

The charged us 17usd for parking although it booking was showing parking. Room was not that good. The receptionist took 35 min to checkin.

The location was good.

The location, although convenient to public transit, it was very difficult TO GET TO by car due to the fact that the listed address is on Market and the entrance to the hotel is on Valencia (South of Market) which is the continuation of Gough (North of Market). No explanations about this in your description of the site. The sign of the hotel is not visible at eyes level of the driver. It was not a quiet room as I have asked for, construction next door made it difficult to rest. The "continental" breakfast was VERY limited. No iron/ironing table in the room. Not enough parking spaces and the parking was PAID ($15.00/day!!). It did not say so in your description.

The bed was comfortable. The shower, towels and toiletries were good. The WiFi was good.

Warning ⚠ this place is infested with bed bugs and roaches . drug activities . i got bites allover my body

I liked that there was humane poop waiting in the toilet and the toilet didnt flush.i asked to get room changed and he started scresming at me like if i did something bad

We did not like to colour of the room, yellow is a sickly colour, not a relaxing colour. The furniture looks old and has 'had its day'. Because the furniture is old your housekeeper is unable to clean it properly. The floor was cold on your feet, we do carry travelling slippers with us for that reason.

The bed was very comfortable. The towels etc. were good. The coffee facilities and TV were good. The breakfast was good. All of this was exactly the same as a more expensive hotel, just the decor lets you down.

I had to park 3 blocks away, it smelled like urine outside my room, it was really noisy. No carpet in room, hookers outside my room.

The shower head had a nice spray.

Room was ok as well as price for it, just lot of homeless people around, we didn't feel safe during both night and day, lot of noise during the night. Paid parking

Appalling My wife and I spent two horrific nights at the Travelodge by Wyndham in Central San Francisco in May 2018. We spent $150 a night including parking and taxes. We had stayed with Wyndham before and we had a great experience, but this was the total opposite! We highly recommend staying somewhere else! First, the room was disgusting, the floors were sticky, we basically wore shoes the whole time we were in the room. Furniture was gross! And we had the pleasure of having our own little fountain with leaking toilets... When we got there the first night, we were very tired and very jet lagged and we didn’t bother going back to the lobby to ask to change room as all our bags were already in the room. In the morning, we complained and ask the front desk to particularly pay attention to clean up the floors well... it was a surprise when we came back that night and realized that they had not done the room at all!!! I complained that night and asked to have something done, of course no housekeeping was there (which I understand) and they couldn’t do anything on the spot... They offered a $25 discount. I complained and said that this was unacceptable and that they had to go an extra step, like free parking plus $50 or something like that. They told me to come back in the morning during check out... During check out, they did not offer anything else but a $60 discount... We really didn’t want to check the cleanliness of mattress, pillow or blankets, but we really felt like taking showers with bleach after those two nights. Adding insult to injury, I also have to mentioned that there are a lot of homeless people wandering around in the parking lot and in front of the rooms. We were woken up many times those nights by people fighting and screaming and making all kinds of noises... We really advise staying somewhere else, this has been the worst hotel experience ever for us, this is a shame!

Room, smoke smell , ppl making drugs on the parking lot , they charge extra for there own parking lot. Inside the room , towels , bed clothing and bed are old and uncomfortable to sleep on or use!

Hmm nothing

There are way too many transients roaming the facility and parking lot. It was loud and vulgar and did not feel safe. My room smelled like a smokers room when it was supposed to be non-smoking. I was not given a receipt at time of check-out and now see that I was charged a different rate than booked.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

This has been a disaster. Not only was the accommodation dirty and very ugly, this hotel is a place where drug dealers meet their buyers. At night it is impossible to find good sleep because of all the noise. In the morning - if you are lucky - the cleaners may have got rid of needles and other stuff that you otherwise would find lying in front of your door. Breakfast is a joke consisting of toast and coffee. Can not recommend AT ALL.

Leaving this place.

The drug use in the parking lot. The lack of security in rooms. Windows had no locks, and opened up to the back street.

It was close to where we were planning on being at our function.

Hardly any parking. I was told to park on the street by the front desk clerk and my car was broken into and the window smashed over night. They wouldn't work with us on a late check out while waiting for the police to show up. Save your time and money.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Too far away from most tourist things so taxi prices were crazy. I'm a little opened minded when it comes to homeless so long as they don't cause problems. They do roam the facilities so I don't recommend children stay at the site which is in the slum part of town.

The staff was friendly and helped with whatever problems I had. Comfy bed and the room was pretty clean. The inside was fine but the outside was a little rough.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

My room was infested with cockroaches. There was a lot of screaming and banging on doors during the night which was intimidating as a lone female. My room overlooked a building site and workers could see in my room - so very little privacy.

The bed was clean and comfortable.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It says parking is available on site and no reservation is required, but there are not enough parks for everyone, pus it costs $18 to park there... It's not Disneyland!

Junkies passed out right outside our door, used hypodermic needles right outside our door, being propositioned by a prostitute right outside our door

Not much

Well... I called to ask a question about prices, but the person on the phone just wanted to book the room first. She then told me if I wanted to come look for prices, to arrive in person.. I live 2 states away so this was frustrating. My friend woke up next to a cockroach. So that was an experience. On top of that, the windows and the shared door to the room didn't have locks. They were screwed shut with one screw each. I'm sure this place could use a more professional way of locking things and ensuring you feel safe. Dont stay here on your vacation.. sure other places are super expensive, but plan ahead and stay elsewhere. However if you dont care about security, cleanliness and hospitality this is the perfect place for you. Good luck!

Location was the only thing I liked.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I can not believe you have this hotel on your site. I think you should send a rep to everyone of your hotel that you book for. I guarantee if you did this, this hotel would not be on your list. Drug dealings all day and night, unsafe environment, prostitution very prevalent, I was even approached. not enough parking, the breakfast room was very small could never get in to crowed. I will never stay at this hotel again. this is really too bad because I have stayed at other travel ledges before. My brother had major Brain surgery and this hotel was close to the hospital. UCSF.

the staff was very polite...

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I didn't like the other guests being loud. On two different occasions, guest we're being really loud in the middle of the night. Also, I didn't like the cockroach my husband found in our shower.

The property was ok. I like that it had an elevator. Made it easy for me to bring my child to the third floor and my disabled husband. Unlike other SF hotels.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The price

This place is a dump, bad service bad area. Homeless people every where . Ac unit broke within an hour . Tiny room for two people . Not worth the money

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This was THE worst hotel/ motel I've ever stayed at. Filthy. There were shady characters hanging around ( the same ones) all 4 days. Drug use visible, yelling and fighting every night, cops came at least twice. The only reason I stayed is because it was cheap and I knew some others staying there. My colleagues who also stayed here expressed the same opinion- worst hotel experience ever. I can't overstate how poor this place is.

Lots of sketchy people not staying at the hotel prowling the parking lot and hanging out by my door.

Location, price, staff, breakfast, cleanliness and amenities were all good.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was a hooker and her pimp, smoking, right outside the door to our room! The smoke was trailing directly into our room. There were also some additional 'interesting' people there...not great for children! We decided to NOT stay there and moved to a different hotel in a better area. The staff at first wanted to charge us for one night but ended up agreeing to not charge us. The staff really was very nice.

The only good thing was the price but you do get what you pay for. The staff was nice and efficient.

This hotel is in a terrible and unsafe area. There is no security. My room stank. I would not advice anyone to stay here unless you are travelling light or its a last option. This is not a Travelodge as I know them.

Wifi worked and got a refund directly.

Sunday note was totally unsafe we checked out at 9pm. We had finished the 1/2 marathon and went back the room all was fine but that Sunday note was scary. All the tourist left Sunday and the atmosphere changed completely and it was unsafe.

Friday & Saturday was fine.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staircases and floors where super dirty and they smell really bad

Great location, clean rooms, good breakfast with a wonderful human being (didn't get his name) taking care of food, service and the guests, best note of my stay.

When I booked this hotel I booked because of the pictures on the website., I was very disappointed, we received a king and handicapped room. There wasn't a table or chairs had to sit on the bed to eat. The shower leaked so much the wall soaking wet. I found that to be discussed. There was a refrigerator in the room that ran noiselessly all night. The refrigerator and the microwave was all plugged in on power strip as well the bed side table. The ceiling where the bed was had water damage. We didn't get much sleep because of people slamming doors arguing outside our door,to all hours of the night. When we getting ready to check out we were charged 17.95 a night for parking in the hotel parking lot!!! I will probably never stay in a Travelodge again!!!..

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We had to leave this hotel because it was absolutely disgusting. Numerous people wandering around talking loudly outside our room. Strong smell of smoking and other things wafting under our door. It was more like a halfway house with all the traffic and noise. AR 2:30am, we had to go to the front office and request our money back for the second night. Be warned, this is not a motel/ hotel. Every noise is exaggerated inside your room from other guest rooms. Doors slamming, toilets flushing, talking, you name it. Hoping to get my refund soon. Keep away it was horrendous.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The first room still had people in it, and the second had a cigarette smell despite being a nonsmoking room. The bed also had no blanket or bed spread.

The convenient location

location of travel lodge is convenient.

upon checking at travel lodge, saw a man putting a shirt on and surrounded by trash. Right before midnite, heard people yelling inside the travel lodge. In front of my door heard people conversations. The walls are paper thin including the room door.

The TV volume was set so low you could barely hear any channel. There was a soiled towel hanging in our bathroom. I didn't like that the staff monitoring the breakfast room was hovering around me and everyone while I was trying to make a plate of food. She took my waffle out of the waffle machine too early. I had to ask her twice if I could have another cinnamon roll (the tiny packet kind). After she told me there were no more and I asked again politely, she reluctantly went under the counter and dumped 5-6 more out of the box. After paying so much to stay here with my boyfriend, I'd expect the place to be happy to throw me an extra 25 cent roll. I was going to get the room again for another night since it would have been easier for my day, so we requested a half hour late check out. After my boyfriend went to the office to try to pay them, they had raised the price by too much for us. Within minutes of him returning to the room, we get a call from the office threatening to take our $100 deposit if we take another 10 minutes to leave. The maid knocked once, and immediately opened our room door even though we said we would be right there. We told her that we had requested our room checkout for 11:30 and she basically treated us like we were lying. I can't imagine they were treating the rest of the people I was seeing checking out at the same time as us like that. How can you charge so much and be so disrespectfull towards your guests? I will never go back to this place again and whenever my friends and family are in town, I will tell them to stay away from this place.

The bed was comfortable.

The gentlemen that works at nivht he seem as if he was lookinh in windows.

The housekeeping senior lady rosie. Was great she should get a raise. Shes on top of everything keepinh this facility running. She should be manager.

• Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Nothing... the place is for drogatic and prostitution!!! I was afraid of my life!!!

Was horrible... they checked us a room and inside the room there was a drogatic guy a homeless!!! No security and the parking is $18 extra 😡. My husband park around the corner and our rental car suffered damages y the window and stealing our stuff!!! 😑😡😫😥😭 Travelodge do nothing!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The strong smell of smoke in the room. The criminals attacking the staff for a free breakfast. folks w/o parking permit idling in the limited parking spots.

Friendly staff. free fresh breakfast. free toothpaste because I forgot mine. location. price.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It smelled bad, it was untidy, quite dirty, i felt insecure in this area, because there were many weid people haning out and making noise near the rooms' doors.also, i booked with a credit card, they took money frim it and i also had to pay cash. I am waiting to get my money back on the card.we also had to pay for our parking.

• Double Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Unsafe area and people loitering at this hotel. Went out for the day and found the maid had left the shower on all day and at max temperature and so I returned to a sauna.

The Parking, need to ask us if we are driving or not. Even tho there is sings saying you need a permit. When we get to the property we don’t look at sings. I had to take my truck to a garage for the night paid $70 all because at checking they fail to mention about parking permit.

The orange juice from break fast, it’s the only thing I like the whole place.. I’m not being sarcastic..

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The elevator was not working so I was had to get up to the 3rd floor with our luggage. Also for the price of the stay a better breakfast would of been nice, some protein.

The beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean.

Paper thin walls could hear the neighbor talking from 3am till 5am, people outside partying (drugs) after management was notified about noise complaints people laughed and they continued, sketchy location, horrible parking!!! plus you have to pay for the parking which was ridiculous cause i was not notified untill i got there and we barely fit in the spot ,lots of cars were double parked ...not worth it!

After lots of walking the best part was the Large comfy bed!

I called staff to get directions from Oakland airport and the young man told me to google it then hung up. I inquired about parking and he told me to park on the street.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Parking is awful. Lot always full. If you dont get in early, who knows where you will park. Handicapped parking used by those without disabled placards or plates. They will not tow unauthorized cars in handicapped parking yet "zip car" parking is reserved and posted signs says they will tow it. Frustrating. Room was dirty. Walls were gross, hair and unidentified substances everywhere. Vent in bathroom didnt work.

Bed was comfy. Breakfast every morning. Water pressure was great in the shower. Most of the staff friendly.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Need renovation very much. Outside areas are very bad. It does not look very secure as people from street seem to be hanging around. One man is living in a huge container in the parking lot. Felt unsecured.

Convenient for my needs

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Absolutely nothing. Dirtiest placed I haver ever stayed in. Bums sleeping on the outside hallway. Breakfeast room smelled so bad I just left without eating. That should sum things up.