Reviews of Magnuson Hotel Clearwater Central This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

21252 US Highway 19 North, Clearwater, FL 33765, United States of America

#12 of 21 hotels in Clearwater

• Reviewed: July 20, 2018

Staff-very friendly, check in-easy, room-very clean although...

Eggs/ bacon at breakfast., I don’t eat a lot of bread product

Staff-very friendly, check in-easy, room-very clean although slightly outdated, bed-very comfortable, breakfast-delicious, although wish there were eggs, and pool-thumbs up!! Very reasonably priced and no doubt would stay there again!!

• Reviewed: July 18, 2018

Very stressful. I would never, ever recommend this hotel/motel to anyone!
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Staff & Management are very rude! Staff does not communicate with each other. Manager screams on the phone--will not listen. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!

worriedsome
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Strip club next door, we saw people smoking marijuana and prostitution in the area. We don't think we will be renting or looking for anything to rent in this area when we go for vacation or to the beach in Clearwater or near this area.

It was decent, the area not good there is a strip night club a few feet from the hotels. When you have family this environment is not good.

Shower problems.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

The beds were not comfortable. The WiFi did not connect. The water temperature while showering varied wildly going from way too hot to too cold.

It was clean. The staff were helpful and pleasant.

• Reviewed: July 17, 2018

I reserved the king room.

The bathtub tiles could be cleaned better. The continental breakfast wasn't the greatest but was enough for a quick bite.

I reserved the king room. It was clean and bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: July 17, 2018

Best family vacation ever!

Needs update to outside of building and bathrooms need updating

The pool was great, my kids, 8 and 10 loved jumping into the deep end and the patio and BBQ grill were great!

• Reviewed: July 15, 2018

The girl at the check in was very nice.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

The property was very old and not updated. They ran out of food for the breakfast that was included so needless to say we didn't eat there. I would not stay at this hotel again.

The girl at the check in was very nice.

• Reviewed: July 9, 2018

For the price, this place was nothing short of amazing!

For the price, this place was nothing short of amazing! Respect and friendliness carries a long way! And I have to brag on the cleaning crew because the week long stay we was there, not a day went by that our beds wasn’t made for us, always clean towels and rags, and our whole room was clean. Definitely will be back!

• Reviewed: July 7, 2018

Never again
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

They need to update website...it states they have tennis courts to use however the courts were not maintain and no no nets... our room had broken beds and a/c was not working properly Also, I was charged an early check in fee when I was told there would not be a fee and I had the email to prove it

The pool

• Reviewed: July 7, 2018

The staff was helpful

The door to the outside was not tight. You could see outside on the bottom & the whole side of the door. This is not good. I worry about vus getting in.

The staff was helpful

• Reviewed: July 1, 2018

The location to the beach.

The toilet seat was on the floor in the room. When asked to repair it, they replaced it with a much too small toilet seat. The walls are chipped, bedding dirty and stained, air conditioning barely worked. The bath tub faucet is broke and the drain is rusted. You have to pay for parking in THEIR parking lot! Paid over 200 for this and it is extremely poorly up kept.

The location to the beach.

• Reviewed: June 30, 2018

It's was close to everything we wanted to do and kids...

The bed had a sheet with blood on it when called the front desk he said to bring it to him then gave me a fitted sheet in stood of a flat. Housecleaning could start later on rooms that are in use. Pics on website are old pics

It's was close to everything we wanted to do and kids loved the pool

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

Meets the needs, great breakfast very nice pool area!
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Rooms were small. Would have loved a little table to lay stuff on. Ran out of room since we stayed there for the week.

Good breakfast, nice large pool. Great location, basic room.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

Lakeshore High class of 64 had a wonderful time. Thanks for going above and beyond!!

No coffee makers in the rooms.

I'd like to thank the Staff for a great job. Matthew went above and beyond to ensure my mother and the class of 64 were completely satisfied. The only downside was that no coffee makers were in the rooms and due to the age of this group all over 70 was asked to leave the pool area at 10 pm. All they wanted to do was to sit and talk. other than that, they had a great time.

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

Really enjoyed my stay wished for more time.

There was nothing I didn't like.

We had a really nice time there. The breakfast was good and if you needed more variety there is a restaurant right next door. The property is in a great location, it's closely located to various restaurants, the beaches and other attractions. We had a great time and are planning to go again.

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

The rooms were extremely clean.

Wifi was hit or miss.

The rooms were extremely clean. The air worked very well. the wifi could be a little better. It was quite even with all the kids there. Good stay.

• Reviewed: June 22, 2018

I visit my daughter who lives close by.

I visit my daughter who lives close by. I have stayed in roughly 10 hotels near { US-19}nearby in the last 2yrs. this 1 is close .I don't use the pools or get breakfast, just stay a night, I arrive late & ck out early. the room is cheap. and fits my need. There is a small restaurant next store for convenience. which is very good & reasonable but its small fills up quickly. This hotel is on the major roads close to mall & beaches. near bye.

• Reviewed: June 20, 2018

The property was very lenient.

The new "no local debit cards" policy, that may or may not be factual but I was given a hard time about it when I tried booking at the hotel, was very inconvenient and annoying. More secure payment methods must be put into place, so the situation as to why the new policy is being implicated is understandable however.

The property was very lenient.

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

Love that this place was clean !

Love that this place was clean ! Room was clean ! Bathroom clean ! Breakfast area clean ! The cleaning crew was fantastic ! Beds were clean ! Breakfast was great !

• Reviewed: June 17, 2018

VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED

There was a violent physical altercation in room 253 the night after we got there as we were at the pool. My children and nephew witnessed this. I phoned the front desk and the worker came to the room. The man threatened to kill the worker and the female convinced the worker not to call the cops. My sister and I demanded to speak with management to which we were told "sorry, they are gone until Monday." The cops were finally called as the altercation continued at which both individuals were forced to leave. The staff are not trained to handle these situations and should not be left by themselves to handle them either. Very disappointed this time! Will not come back!

The beds were much worse than last year when we stayed. The fridge didn't work either. The rooms really need to be updated just a bit.

• Reviewed: June 13, 2018

Great find
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

This was a great room and was very cheap on booking.com only 50.00 a night. I kind what your think a roach motel!!! Wrong the room had been remodel and was very nice.

Price

• Reviewed: June 9, 2018

The hotel was clean, staff were pleasant, room was comfy and...

There were maybe two outlets in the room including the one by the sink (not enough) and the dryer did not work.

The hotel was clean, staff were pleasant, room was comfy and price was excellent. I had my dog with me also!

• Reviewed: June 9, 2018

Average stay with reasonable prices
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Beds are not comfortable. Breakfast was like a joke, nothing worth to eat.

Accommodation price is good for that area. The Asian restaurant close to the hotel is one of best restaurants in the area.

• Reviewed: June 7, 2018

Could be better

At first, we got a room that had a very musty smell and soap smell, sink and bath were a bit rusty so we had to ask for another room, the second room was better. WIFI was constantly disconnecting, I had to re-enter the password so many times, very annoying. This hotel needs renovation.

Good location and breakfast.

• Reviewed: June 7, 2018

Would stay again
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Bathroom was unique as it was more open than the normal but had a pocket door for privacy that required some super human strength to close....but did provide a good work out!

Staff was great and check in was simple. Nice place to lay our heads for a night. Clean and easy to find, would stay again. Don't miss the Glazer Children's Museum in Tampa!

• Reviewed: June 5, 2018

We loved it.

We loved it. The only problem we had was we left our brand new beach towels out to dry and someone stole them. I called the front desk and asked if anyone turned them in and no one had but they didn’t act like they cared anyways.

• Reviewed: June 3, 2018

Manager was rude and unprofessional. Very bad
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

After trying to over charge me the police were called because the manger deactivated my keys 3 hrs before check out. I took my children and left and found a much more respectable and professional place for my family. The room I was moved into had no chair no iron board door underneath was falling part the wall and microwave had stuff stuck to it as the pictures show. Not worth the money People outside all hours of the night being loud. Couples arguing throughout their whole stay Safety was a concern

• Reviewed: June 1, 2018

BBQ grill by the pool

The first wheelchair accessible room bed smells like urine. They did give us a different room. Breakfast was the same food every day no variety

BBQ grill by the pool

• Reviewed: May 31, 2018

Would not go back didn’t feel safe
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Someone had a master key to my room When I called front desk it was treated like it would be taken seriously but did not hear back from them I had someone open my door with the dead bolt locked when I was asleep When I went to the window to look after I yelled no one could be seen So it was not house keeping and if it was maintance they did not announce who they are and did not tell me they are coming Also front desk didn’t know if it was them or not Always keep the latch done on your doors that is what stopped them from coming in The hotel has long term people living there Wish I would have know this before I booked

The front staff was excellent

• Reviewed: May 30, 2018

Worst management I ever experienced don’t bring your family here they will rip you off
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

The manager is awful. She deactivated my key to my room 3 hrs before check out because she wanted to overcharge me and I told her I’d disputed it. Had to call the police who can’t do anything because it’s a civil matter. Then she’s gonna give them a key to my room and act as if she didn’t deactivate our keys. Just a horrible person and poor management. Will charge you a late fee to hold your things in your room but will call police and remove your child and belongings if you don’t let them over charge you instead of doing a late fee. If they change your room because of safety they will charge you for both rooms. Total rip off. Manager is unprofessional with no class doesn’t care to resolve things unless she can get money out of you. Liar and very unprofessional she will argue and hang up on you. Not a people’s person at all. First night I stayed up Becca use I had a roach in our room. Doors are not secure. People outside loud at night Room was not serviced when I made a new reservation rooms don’t get cleaned til 3 pm

Breakfast when they restocked it

• Reviewed: May 30, 2018

Would not come back here again.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Front desk morning shift. Tried to charge me twice for the same day... I rebooked my reservation to extend as I have done for 3 weeks they hit me with a late fee fine which was the price of a full day when I went to pay for my reservation they charged me for a for the full reservation on top of the day I already paid. When I tried telling her they switched my room due to food issues not securely closing she didn’t care and basically tried charging me for 2 rooms. Very rude Then told me to check out if I was unwilling to pay. I was starting my first day at work and with 3 kids and all our belongings in the rain just rude service

Room Service except for one day my room was not serviced when I extended my stay

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Was not very happy with the manger or assistant manger. She was very unfriendly
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

The room was not that clean No channels on tv except for sports and news We had to change rooms twice First time bc they wanted to paint room Second time our room flooded bc of room above us we were moving at 11 at night Ask for refund was told no

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

My husband and I were supposed to stay for one night over...

The hotel is a dump! Don't waste your money! The hotel might be cheap but you get what you pay for. Meaning place and management! Stay somewhere nicer and friendlier because if you stay here, you will regret it!

My husband and I were supposed to stay for one night over Memorial weekend and because of the tropical storm Alberto that came through, we were not going to drive 8 hours away from home to get stuck in it. I cancelled our one night stay, and days prior to our check-in date, and I was informed that I would not be charged. Well, I was, and the manager said, "they couldn't do anything about it!" They did not care what the situation was, they just wanted to make their money! They wouldn't even work with me. The manager is rude and this hotel will not refund your money no matter what, or even work with you so maybe you would come back and try and stay again.

• Reviewed: May 27, 2018

I would only stay here again if my other option was homelessness.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

The beds were uncomfortable and gross looking. Everything in the room was beat up and old. We were put into a room that smelled a lot like smoke and had a metal bar sticking out of the broken bed, which my daughter cut herself on. We were immediately moved to another room but it wasn’t done with a smile or concern for my daughter getting hurt. Also, the person didn’t give us keys for the correct number of days, so we had to go get new keys on day two. Since the rooms are non smoking, the neighbors would walk out their door and smoke. Well the doors to the room have large gaps which let in light, sounds, AND smells. Whenever they would go out to smoke, it would blow straight into our room. We called the front desk to ask for extra towels to shove in the door cracks and they don’t allow you to have extras (they made an exception and gave us one extra), so you have to give up your shower towels. It did help the smell though. One night we were kept awake by people running up and down and the sound of people screaming. It was straight out of a horror movie. The bathtub was cracked and had holes, everything was rusted, and extremely beat up looking. The room was dusty and appeared as though it hasn’t had a decent cleaning in probably 2-3 years. The dust was incredibly thick on the closet racks, blow dryer, etc...

The carpet looked fairly new and there was a roof over our heads. The tv worked and the food was mediocre, meaning at least you wouldn’t starve.

• Reviewed: May 24, 2018

Swimming pool

A/C unit not working in room given, the staff sent me to 2 other rooms which the a/c units weren't working properly. The last room given the A/C unit was working.

Swimming pool

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

We are delightful with out stay.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

I can't find nothing wrong....

We are delightful with out stay. The room was so clean and very relaxed. We will definitely be back with our grandkids and our daughter. Everyone was so pleasant and helpful. 👍

• Reviewed: May 17, 2018

WELL WORTH THE PRICE AND MORE!!
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Not as close to beaches as I would have liked, but hey - for this price I will stay again and again!!

The staff was exceptionally friendly, breakfast was hot and good variety. Pool area was clean and nice. Property is older but it good condition. Can't be beat for the price!!

• Reviewed: May 11, 2018

More than I expected!!

The king size was really comfortable and the breakfast more than I expected. The room was located towards the pool, so it was really quiet at night. I spent two nice nights here!!

• Reviewed: May 10, 2018

Clean rooms

It's an older building. Things could be maintained a little better. I have stayed in the pet friendly rooms and are much nicer and updated.

Staff is friendly. Place has been clean every time I have visited.

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

The staff was very friendly and the room itself actually...

The air conditioner could've gotten a bit colder, but that's just nitpicking.

The staff was very friendly and the room itself actually smelled clean. For being a pet-friendly hotel, I was shocked at how clean and nice the amenities were for the price. Will definitely stay here if we ever in Clearwater in the future.

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

Great Breakfast and CSR, but sucky laundry facility!
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

That the pet-friendly rooms are on the opposite side of the pool when all of the rooms have tile floors just didn't make any sense to me but your hotel your rules and the laundry facility stole my money because I used large amounts of laundry detergent that was still stuck on my clothes because the washer did not add water properly and smells very bad inside the washing machines.

The breakfast was amazing large varieties my kids absolutely loved it! Checking in was great the young lady on the property at night was very personable and awesome customer service she's a keeper! The young man in the morning made it quick and easy to check out. I will be back to this property.

• Reviewed: May 1, 2018

Convenient for a one night stay.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Hotel is older and could use some TLC. Nothing horrible just older and showing some age.

The property is convenient to everything there is a little driving involved but easy.S staff was very helpful and friendly.

Its ok..i guees

That every night we were at the pool there were a bunch of BIG guys staying there that were there for spring training with the phillies and my grandsons couldnt play in the pool because of the drinking..cussing..and rough housing

The pool

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

for the money you can t go wrong
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

you would need some upkeep on the building itself Painting is a must on the outside gates and all around the building. It needs some kind of air freshners in the rooms Smelled a bit moldy by the pool area.

the pool area was really nice and complimentary breakfast was excellent

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

Everything was wonderful and perfect.

Nothing I found that I didn't like...

Everything was wonderful,the staff were so friendly and professional. My grandkids enjoy the pool and the breakfast. We were accommodated a room across the pool on the first floor it was just perfect for my family. They really want to go back and stay for more days👍.The room was very clean and comfortable especially the queen beds.I definitely will recommended to my friends and family. Thank you very much!!

• Reviewed: April 25, 2018

I was ok at check in but that night was horrible and the morning front desk was horrible
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

The front desk staff was horrible and the made refused to give extra towels.. the toilet stuffed up all.night could not use it..

I like that the pool was clean and rooms where clean

• Reviewed: April 25, 2018

It was ok. Property needs TLC-steps repainted, wires secured(hanging done) parking lot repaved.

There were bugs in & around my microwave. They weren't cockroaches. They were on the dresser & in the bathroom but alot were crawling out of the microwave. I bought food to make in my room but was grossed out & ended up spending money I didn't have to eat out.

The pool was clean & nice.

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

We had a great time!
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

The only issue we really had was the shower faucet wouldn’t turn off so it leaked slightly out entire stay and a small hiccup with keys being deactivated on our second last day, but the staff was very helpful!

For the price, this property really exceeded expectations!! The pool area was excellent and very clean and the entire hotel had a great tropical vibe. For $15 we did early check out and for $35 we did late checkout and it was very convenient! It was great that it was so flexible.

• Reviewed: April 21, 2018

Great place to stay

We had a problem with the room we were in but the staff put us in another room poolside and everything was perfect after that thank you magnuson hotel for the great week my fiancee and I had there

• Reviewed: April 18, 2018

Lovely!!
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

All good! Very kind staff. Particularly enjoyed Matt & Yuta. The dining & cleaning staff were also pleasant & helpful.

Great value for the location. We traveled by bus to Clearwater Beach,Dunedin & St Pete Beaches. Note:The bus does not stop in front of hotel so you do need to plan to travel by foot & cross the US 19 service roads to some of bus stops.

• Reviewed: April 16, 2018

The bedding didn't look attractive.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

The bedding didn't look attractive. There were no comforters on the beds. The pictures on the walls were pretty but could enjoy looking it from the bed They should been on the opposite walls

• Reviewed: April 11, 2018

The stag was rude rushing me out the room and the maids was...

The stag was rude rushing me out the room and the maids was very rude cleaning the rooms around me being very noisy the pictures create an image that is not at all their I will never go back

• Reviewed: April 10, 2018

The room was clean.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Lack of parking. Mattress on bed due for replacement. Support not very good. Shower curtain rod needed cleaning.

The room was clean. Decent place to stay for the price.

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

The rooms were very clean and well kept.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

The beds were very hard and older, but I can live with that. The hotel itself was great and very good for the price!

The rooms were very clean and well kept. Even though the hotel was older, everything was kept extremely clean!

Terrible

The A/C being broke

Our ac in or room was broken... it was muggy and hot.... then freezing all of a sudden... the beds were barely made, and the shower was not clean at all

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

Great stay at a Great pricew

When we checked in, they only had 1 pet friendly room left and it was not ready. Advised it would be about 30 minutes. They had 3 staffers work on cleaning the room. We sat in our vehicle and watched them clean the room. I've not seen any hotel personnel clean a room better than this crew did. Who ever stayed in the room prior had left something in the freezer and it had exploded. They thoroughly cleaned the refrigerator outside. When the room was ready in just 30 minutes, it had a very clean fresh smell. The interior was spotless and everything was sparkling clean.

Ok, I guess.

The curtains weren't heavy enough to block out the light from all lights around the pool. They did not have coffee makers in the rooms. And the beds were hard.

They have a nice pool. They cleaned our room every day. The towels we're nice and my feet didn't get dirty just walking around on the carpet.

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

We were overall satisfied as it was Clean & the Staff were nice
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Both Room Key Cards did not work when we returned late Saturday night & we had to get new ones which I had read in the previous Reviews. Please get this Problem fixed Magnuson. I do feel the Hotel Rate should be Less there however.

The Room was Clean & the Beds were Comfortable Also the Shower Head had great water pressure.

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

sucked
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

ac unit discharged on the floor. Bathroom shower was so out of control, bathroom floor was soaked When we left the room, door was very difficult to open, even after we requested new keys

frendly

• Reviewed: April 1, 2018

Hopefully the remodeling isn't finished

Mattress really old and hard, toilet not bolted down, curtain falling off wall, sugar ants at sink area, live roach in bathroom.

Location and price is awesome, free breakfast was actually pretty good, many choices. Pool area was great. Rooms and property were Pretty clean.

• Reviewed: March 27, 2018

More bad than good
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

There are no elevators on the property and they wouldn't change my room. It was very hard on my hurt knee to do those stairs. Had to call management due to loud people after 10pm who wouldn't stop screaming when they played in the pool. There was apparently no time posted when the pool closed. After a 4 day stay they cleaned my room on day 3 and all they did was trash and make the beds. For the price we paid, should've gotten fresh towels too. There's one ice machine for the entire place also and no small bags in the pet area in the bag holder. Room was very dated, but did notice upon check out that they're working on remodeling the rooms.

Nice guy at check in, no bugs, hot water.

• Reviewed: March 24, 2018

Overall good visit.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Needs repair like tub, sink. A/c leaking. Needs some protein at breakfast. Needed alarm and coffee pot in room, should not need to buy it.

Location Cleanliness Pool

• Reviewed: March 23, 2018

The CLEANEST rooms we have been to in Florida!

As I’ve already mentioned, the nasty outside almost kept us from discovering the nice inside! At least spray paint the rusty vents and air conditioners outside. Get nice curtains for the laundry room and spare supplies/furniture room! Paint the doors to the rooms, so people will get to see the nice, super clean rooms. Lastly, add microwaves and coffee makers to the rooms.

The hotel did not look too good on the outside. Rust on the air conditioners and air vents made us worried that we had picked one of those rundown beach motels! What a pleasant surprise once we opened the ugly door to our room though. It was completely remodeled with clean new floors ( not carpet, which was a nice touch)and a beautifully remodeled bathroom. The room was extremely clean, no mildew or dirt anywhere and the sink, toilet and tub where sparkling clean!!! The bed was clean and very comfy! The pool was clean as well! You would never imagine the cleanliness on the inside, by looking at the outside. The laundry room and spare supplies room was awful with no curtains on the windows to hide the view. We passed it on the way to our room and almost turned around due to that and the dirty old doors. We were so glad that we opened the door to our room though! I was immediately impressed by the cleanliness of it! We will book this hotel the next time we’re in Clearwater. Please fix the outside to match the inside.

• Reviewed: March 18, 2018

Checked out early. Would NEVER consider revisiting.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

The roomm had roaches. Bathroom was small. Tub and shower was rusted and did not look clean. Beds were old and lumpy. Overall a disaster.

The place was not clean and had a strange odor. Did not eat there. Nothing about the experience was good.

• Reviewed: March 17, 2018

not good

Very old place near busy highway. the tv was not working, the telephone was dead , the air conditioning very noisy and the window wew.... over a dumpster. $160 for that room, supposedly special low budget deal and for that "non refundable" is ridiculous.

• Reviewed: March 11, 2018

Overall it was okay for what we needed.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

On night three of five there was a problem with bedbugs. They did take care of the situation but the rest of night three and the other two nights, I did not sleep .

It was a very convenient location for us

• Reviewed: March 10, 2018

We have stayed in many different hotels in our travels and...

See above

We have stayed in many different hotels in our travels and this was one of the worst for the money paid. When we first got into our room which did not resemble photo at all, there was not a desk, no coffee pot, a lot of dust on on wood trim. We saw 3 bugs within 1st hour which we killed and saved for front desk, asked for a desk as were there to use our computer for housing search and had no where to put computer. We called front desk and they brought us a card table, and we asked if next door room was available and were told no as it was spring training and they were all booked up, so we waited until next am to go to desk, not able to have even a stand for our suitcase we kept it closed up and off floor. Utta was nice and when we showed her the bugs, she related that those always come in room through gap under door [which is there as door swells in heat so gap must be left] after th property is mowed and blown, the bugs run in off off the palm trees. We were told that later in day we could move to a similar room which would have desk, coffee pot, stand for suitcase which it did, but for total of 332.00 a for 2 nights were left feeling robbed at best. We would avoid this hotel at all costs if able, you may as well go to the YMCA or homeless shelter, you will feel better. One positive the breakfast was good, and the attendant in there was so polite, clean and nice.

• Reviewed: March 7, 2018

Very disappointed in the Magnusom Motel ---- not clean and a number of other issues with housekeep

the room was small / not very clean / we had an insect issue during the first few days / we had to remind the front desk to have our room cleaned with new towels added on at least 4-5 occasions / rusty sinck /rusty bathtub / light outside room off the entire time of stay / walls very thin could hear other guests constantly and in general a very poor choice of motel and not very clean ----- it was a long 2 week stay

It had a room available for the time period needed

• Reviewed: March 6, 2018

Nice stay for a couple of days
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Good location not far from beches,only 17min by car,shops and dining around.Staff was friendly and helpful,wifi was good and fast in room,enough parking around,swimming pool and clean.Also had at the lobby coffee and water with lemon all day long.Breakfast was ok.

Adequate.

There was a lack of cleanliness. The staff cleaned OK. However there was filth on the outside of the air conditioning units. The rug was worn. There were brown spots on one bed comforter. A bit of paint to cover the rusted steps and railings would spruce this place up. There were holes punched in the pool house. The cost of a room was very reasonable but a bit of love to the facility would really help.

We did not have the breakfast

very bad expirience
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

i didn’t like that hotel was charging my credit card for the second time for the same rooms that i pay already in feb 19 they crash all my vacation and i couldn’t spend time whit my familie they charge like a $ 1000

Worst experience ever
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

This place is AWFUL! Blood on the doors, no water pressure, moth eaten curtains, rude staff. Do not stay here! Literally have them the worse score across the board-Booking is rounding them to 2.5 stars. Awful!

• Reviewed: February 23, 2018

Average stay with average breakfast
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Nothing particularly. It was very average. Nothing particularly wrong with it but it was all a bit tired. On the first day at breakfast, there were a few token bananas and that was the only fruit. I missed getting one so asked the waitress for one and she said that I would have to wait until tomorrow! Next day there was no fruit at all.

We asked for a quiet room and we were put at the end out of the way and away from the pool.

• Reviewed: February 20, 2018

Staff worked hard to keep room clean and are stay pleasant.
    • Standard Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non Smoking

Very noisy at night right outside our room. Smokers and drinkers seem to congregate there. It was better the last night after I said something to one of the staff.

Staff worked hard to keep room clean and are stay pleasant. Comfortable beds.

• Reviewed: February 19, 2018

Price was good.

Room was clean but very outdated. Check in/check out staff were nice but unprofessional. Sink was clean but after turning on water sink became black. Not sure if from water or other problems but did not use after that. Wouldn't even brush my teeth. Pipes would squeal at times. Lots of people walking outside around 2 -3 a.m. Made sure doors were locked and padlocked.

Price was good.