Reviews of Quality Inn 2 stars

65 28th Street SW, Grand Rapids, 49548, USA

#28 of 33 hotels in Grand Rapids

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Not impressed...at all.

Had I been driving down the street needing a hotel, this is not one that I would have ever stopped at. Unfortunately, I had booked online and had no other choice. Run down, not the greatest area, no restaurants within walking distance. Not a hotel I would ever use again.

Can’t really think if anything.

10 minute drive from downtown was convenient.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Non-smoking room smelled like smoke. Also requested an additional cot for the room which never arrived, and nobody was present at the front desk at night to help resolve the issue.

10 minute drive from downtown was convenient.

The bed was comfortable.

The room had a smell like it was covering up cigarette smoke, the door hinge lock was almost pulled out of the door frame, (I actually screwed in the screws with my fingers), the bathroom door was too big for the opening and wouldn't close, the iron rack pulled out of the wall when I tried to remove it to iron my clothes. the colors are just not pleasing to the eye..

The bed was comfortable.

I felt bad for the hardworking owners who were trying to make a silk purse from a sow's ear.

The carpet was a bold but attractive pattern that left a black dye on bare feet. The location was really bad. We had booked there for 3 nights but there was no cancellation, so we endured.

Staff was nice and the owners are trying hard to make the place nice, but the location is terrible. I feel like someone pulled a "fast one" on them.

The only thing that I wish would have been different is that...

The only thing that I wish would have been different is that my credit card was charged in the morning before I got there and I wanted to pay with my debit card . In the past the card would have only been charged if I hadn’t shown up for the reservation. Otherwise, the stay was good !!

The room was OK to stay overnight for 1 night,
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The receiption has to change their attitude. No smile. Sorry that I booked at your place and they have some work to do :( Prices double during the weekend !

The room was OK to stay overnight for 1 night,

Overall was good!

See above-no view from balcony, just parking lot and pavement everywhere you look!

Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great, too small of a dining area though and trash was so full in dining area, had to stack additional trash on top of can lid. The hotel is looking great from the remodel, color scheme is beautiful and still needs a little work, but overall great! The property has no place to really walk around, it's all parking lot and paved, no grassy area although they did try to make it more appealing outside of pool area with a small sitting area and fountain and flowers around the area. Overall, was nice and will stay again! Very secure, given the hotel next door that is rundown and has less than desirable facilities and tenants, I felt safe and had no issues with my 14 y.o. girls walking around alone. There are cameras everywhere on the property and it is viewed constantly at the front desk and the staff also informed me past ten p.m. they do much more security for safety of guests. I have recommended this hotel to friends already!

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Appeared to be unsafe upon arrival, staff never answered the phone when I called initially. Men walking up to my car, blocking entrance door. Had to find a different room.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Continental breakfast was out of this world!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Third shift accommodations. Check in and out times should vary according to work schedules.

Continental breakfast was out of this world! Peaceful, accommodating, and friendly.

Not again

For a single mom with her daughter the location was not good. I would not stay here again for this reason. Very sketchy people in the area and run down buildings. I'm pretty sure this was the bad part of town. The bed was very soft and uncomfortable. The pool was cold.

The room was very nice and was clean. The A/C worked great.

Terrible

Hotel is located in a bad section of town. Lots of shady characters walking around. Hotel Staff double charged my card and have not refunded my money as of a week after my stay. Would not recommend to anyone. Breakfast was awful cold eggs and sausage.

I liked nothing. The Staff are rude I checked out a day early and a week later I was charged again for a nite stay and still have not received my refund of 96.00 dollars. When I call no one seems to be able to tell me when I will be refunded the 96.00 dollars. So now they got me for 192.00 dollars. Stay away from this place. The pictures make it look nice but its a dump.

All around good price for the value of what they offer. Comfortable beds and pillows.

Only thing I didn't expect which I thought we should be warned about when booking is they had construction to the building going on, which made it not so quiet for resting easily. Our toilet seat was wobbly which almost caused me to fall off but when checking out, I told staff and they said they would take care of it.

Clean Friendly atmosphere, good value for the price, close shopping for quick items. Refrigerator and microwave in room made it convenient for not eating out too much. All around good amenities. Breakfast made planning easy for the morning meal. Comfortable beds and pillows. Air worked great.

Clean comfortable hotel with quick access to downtown area of Grand Rapids.

Room was clean, bed comfortable. Room had a fridge and microwave. Hotel location was a quick drive to the downtown area of Grand Rapids. Pool looked nice but didn't have time to try it.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Its needs to look better on the outside and have a lot of lights all around the property at night becuz of the area The pool needs a make over

Clean on the inside clean rooms

Not worth the money.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Monday buffet didn't have hot eggs & sausage. We were given a room that hadn't been serviced. There was a terrible chemical smell from the carpet. Our keys didn't work the second night. Terrible value at $90 per night. I expected more from QI.

The Sunday buffet was good.

The staff made the stay pleasant
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The outside of the building looks bad. I stayed there 10 years ago, and it was dirty and dingy then. It’s still is dirty and dingy

Service and hospitality was excellamt

Will never stay at this motel again and wonder how booking.com rated them so high.

Sink drain blocked and sink leaking onto floor. Breakfast area messy and not kept up. Fire alarm went off twice around 11pm and again at 7am. No fire. Broken water pipe.

Surprised by a great breakfast!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The ONLY thing amiss was that the water in the shower would go from warm to hot, warm to hot, but other than that I was very surprised by how pleasant my stay at Quality Inn was. Would choose again!

Pleasantly surprised by a delicious hot breakfast! Waffles, sausage, bagels, muffins, everything you could want. Clean room and a very comfortable bed and front desk staff was very helpful and friendly!

The location was perfect!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I was woken up at 11:30am after working all night! I paid for late check out till 6:00pm, $120 to get woke up 2 hours after I fell asleep!!

The location was perfect!

The staff was friendly, however it took a long time to check...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was friendly, however it took a long time to check in due to a mix up in pricing from booking.com apparently. The wrong price is still reflected in my bank account so that is disappointing. The food at breakfast was fair.

Total disappointment in the hotel.

Outside side door lock was broken. The outside door to my room had a broken lock. Hallway area wasn't very clean. My sink gurgled constantly. I didn't feel safe, place was run down. My room key didn't work on the 2nd day. Also, no hot tub, and I couldn't find a workout room.

Bed was fine, had a fridge. Plenty of towels. Workers were nice.

Overall it was great! It fit what we needed it to fit.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The neighborhood seems a little weird. But not too bad.

Very clean and organized! Staff was nice and there’s almost every channel available to watch on tv!

Very central and facilities overall very good for the money
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very noisy ice machine in the corridor. Room very dark. View-two huge containers.

Very clean. Bed comfortable.

No eggs Gravy was watered down and horrible

No eggs Gravy was watered down and horrible

Fine for a sleep
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Location was ok There wasn’t a fan in the bathroom The mattress was clean but could be replaced as way too soft

Basically you get what you pay for.

Horrible location looks like the bad part of town.

Staff at front desk was very friendly.

Hotel room had stale odor. Bathroom door did not close all the way.

Staff at front desk was very friendly.

Room was well kept.

Room was well kept. Very close to venue. Easy to get in and out of parking lot. Low noise between rooms.

It fit our needs and the price was right.

Bathroom really small There was no exhaust fan in it. Towels small and poor quality.

Bed was comfortable. It was clean.

NA

We had a great time.

We had a great time. Beds were comfy, Room was clean. Access to the balcony from our room.

People were arguing about a refund while we waited for about...

People were arguing about a refund while we waited for about 20 minutes

my stay was overall really great.

good location and clean

The bed was comfy the air conditioner worked great and my...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was comfy the air conditioner worked great and my room was very clean

Good over all.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The eggs were barely warm and the biscuits were day old.

I liked the biscuits and gravy and the coffee.

Thank you for the improvements on the Inn
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The ironing board on the wall looks odd

Great improvements from my previous visit 8 months ago.

The beds were comfortable and relaxing

Service

Good price

For the price ... this is

Very good for money

I avoid gluten. So fruits and potatoes and some source of protein would serve as a breakfast.

Rooms were clean

Rooms were clean

• Reviewed: 26 May 2016

Management is too overbearing Must've told me 10 times...

Management is too overbearing Must've told me 10 times no smoking in the room I am non-smoker They watch you like a hawk Did not feel comfortable staying there The pool was shut down by the health department 10 days ago ( there was a notice on the pool door by the health department ) And still not up and running yet

• Reviewed: 23 May 2016

It was clean and wasn't too far from our event.

On our last night, several rooms were booked for a party. Up until 1am we heard kids running in and out and slamming doors. They were yelling, screaming, and pounding on doors. I called the front the desk and was told that the group was having a party. I was shocked that there was no apology but the simple statement that the group was having a party. It was later followed with a hesitant statement that they would tell the group that it was getting late. Needless to say that they didn't quiet down until 1 am and we weren't able to get any sleep until than.

It was clean and wasn't too far from our event.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2016

The breakfast was ok - hot, fresh waffles were delicious.

Yogurt and frozen sausage biscuits were room temperature. The orange juice was unidentifiable. The hotel was in a sketchy area.

The breakfast was ok - hot, fresh waffles were delicious.

Fridge in room.

Breakfast area was a disaster. Bathtub needs replacing and there were loud people running in and out of an office area with beer and loitering all over the place. Door looked like it was kicked in and barely latched shut. Had our room sold to someone else and had to pay $35 more for a room that wasn't in good shape and had 2 beds instead of one so it was cramped.

Fridge in room. No road noise.

• Reviewed: 9 May 2016

located close to main highway.

TV remote didn't work very good, hard to get channels. Bathroom could have been cleaner, may need to do some bleaching to get the black stains in the grout out on the floor

located close to main highway. quiet and a comfortable bed. reasonably priced for the area

• Reviewed: 24 April 2016

Breakfast was your typical waffle and yogurt etc.

We found two stray pubes on the bathroom floor. They were definitely pubes and they were disgusting. The room was dated. Walls were peeling in the bathroom, smelled old, water damage on the ceiling, stain on the comforter, buildup in the corners of the bathroom floor, etc. The location was pretty sketchy and felt like we were pulling into an alley.

Breakfast was your typical waffle and yogurt etc. Bed was decently comfortable and the TV was very nice. The pool looked okay although we didn't swim.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2016

When I returned for the 2nd nite I found all of my socks and...

When I returned for the 2nd nite I found all of my socks and underwear had been stolen from the drawer they were in. It made me feel unsafe and I checked out and found other lodging.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2016

clean

beds were soft Hot air heater dries you out at night only two paper cups

clean friendly quiet secure good coffee and waffles plenty of hot water great staff great price for proximity to the city

• Reviewed: 3 April 2016

Gas was stolen out of my car in parking lot overnight.

Gas was stolen out of my car in parking lot overnight. Staff seemed uncaring of the circumstances. I've stayed at many hotels for business purposes and this by far was the worst experience.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2016

The staff was friendly and helpful.

Overall, the facility looked 'tired.' My room needed multiple minor repairs. I thought it was a over-priced for the quality. My next visit to Grand Rapids I will stay elsewhere. Noisy from hall and adjoining rooms. Cable channel listing not accurate.

The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2016

Walked into my room and there were pillows thrown in the...

Walked into my room and there were pillows thrown in the middle with no pillow cases. One of the beds didn't have a sheet on it. Found hair on the bathroom sink. The desk chair was all ripped up.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2016

The bed was very comfortable and the location was close to...

There was no hot water in the morning to shower. We also felt that that the staff was rude to us because we were a younger couple.

The bed was very comfortable and the location was close to downtown.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2016

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

There was a couple above me that were arguing but that was no fault of the facility. I would have liked meat or eggs at breakfast even hard boiled eggs would be good.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2016

Easy to find and a convenient location.

The facility and accessories in need of repair and updating. The ceiling had leaked in our room and was very poorly repaired. There was even a hole in the ceiling with mold all around it. Previous occupant had splashed something on the wall and it remained on the wall throughout our multiple day stay. Our room had a side area type of cubby space where a roll away bed was being stored. The box spring and mattress had tears and dirt and stains all over the fabric on the side that was visible to us. The bed- the most uncomfortable thing I have ever slept on. Both my husband and I complained of back aches and pains after two night on that mattress. Overall, the entire motel needs updating and repairs.

Easy to find and a convenient location. Staff was helpful and friendly in reference to directions. Although the motel was completely full, we did not hear anything outside of our room. A nice small refrigerator in the room, helpful for water, leftovers, etc.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2016

Had a King size bed with a large flat screen, perfect size...

Shower curtain didn't stay in place so the water dripped on the floor which resulted in the carpet outside the bathroom door getting a little wet but laid down extra towels and problem solved

Had a King size bed with a large flat screen, perfect size for a couple for a great price. Smelled clean when we walked in, had plenty of towels. & Was able to book it last minute online even on a holiday weekend.

• Reviewed: 26 January 2016

The staff was great, but that's about it.

Woke up the next morning with bed bugs in the bed and on the wall, not very pleasant at all. Staff was great, I knew it wasn't his fault. I would not ever stay here again.

The staff was great, but that's about it.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2015

Room was cheaper

Not clean, our comforter had a sex stain on it and nothing was done, no discounted price on the room or anything. I should have paid an extra 80-100 to stay downtown grand rapids, the cheaper room rate isnt worth it

Room was cheaper

• Reviewed: 1 December 2015

Overall it was nice having premium channels and direct tv...

There were a couple of nights for children were running up and down the halls in fairly noisy

Overall it was nice having premium channels and direct tv was great

• Reviewed: 12 October 2015

They were friendly and helpful.

Just a little outdated for the price. We were visiting the area and unsure if it a "safe"area. But pretty darn sure there was a prostitute in the parkinglot when we first pulled up. Not a great impression.

They were friendly and helpful. The room was pretty clean also.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2015

Staff was very responsive when we told them there was no...

Booking.com requested a handicap room for us, for some reason. We did not touch the shower bench - yuck. So I understand the smell if it's a handicap room. At breakfast I had to hunt for napkins. The tables needed to be wiped off quicker than they were. The attendant was not very attentive.

Staff was very responsive when we told them there was no soap or towels in our bathroom, and that ithe room smelled of urine.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2015

Hot shower, refrigerator in room, made last minute...

Rundown facility, very limited breakfast, smell of cleaning products in room too strong, cost too much for value! Not up to normal Wyndham brand standards.

Hot shower, refrigerator in room, made last minute accommodation for our teen daughter with rollaway bed.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2015

The walls were very thin so we could hear the people talking...

The walls were very thin so we could hear the people talking very clearly. The door to room didn't close by its self all the way and didn't have a great seal could see light coming in around door edges. And the toilet ran all night, kept waking us up.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2015

i like the caterpillar in the parking!

If you are use to a very low category breakfast.. this is the place for you! The room was ok except that we could here everything from the next rooms! an obvioulsy they heard us! ;)

i like the caterpillar in the parking! amazing!

• Reviewed: 7 July 2015

The location was good.

I had ordered a double room and when I got there they said I had a queen. She admitted that sometimes they click the wrong size room but I was still charged 10 dollars more to change it.

The location was good. Had stayed there once before

• Reviewed: 25 June 2015

I like the continental Breakfast and that there is a...

I don't like that they don't want you to take coffee back to your room in the morning! It would be one thing if you had a lot of cups but we have one or two a piece!!

I like the continental Breakfast and that there is a microwave and fridge in the room.

• Reviewed: 22 May 2015

Friendly staff,nice tv,good air conditioning,comfy bed...

The room stunk,the refrigerator stank,the shower made a screeching noise while in use,the tub had scum all on the inside,small towels,uncomfy pillows and heavy slamming doors.

Friendly staff,nice tv,good air conditioning,comfy bed,working microwave that did not stink,not too far from the arena,food places all around.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2015

Price was amazing - $79 - 2 Queens

Price was amazing - $79 - 2 Queens $15 cab ride to Van Andel Arena - 3 miles Downtown hotels were priced $200 -$350 Room was perfect - clean, comfortable beds, fridge, balcony. Wifi was good Breafast included - although we didn't make it to eat Pool looked good - just didnt have time to use it

• Reviewed: 28 January 2015

Friendly and accommodating staff.

Location. I did not feel the neighborhood was safe. Did not like driving around back of bld

Friendly and accommodating staff. One young man ( a medical student) was exceptional

• Reviewed: 28 May 2016

Staff extra friendly and accommodating.

Schetchy nieborhood

Staff extra friendly and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 16 May 2016

large bathroom

view of train yard

large bathroom

• Reviewed: 12 April 2016

The rooms are clean and quiet.

Check out is 10am. Would be nice if it was a little later.

The rooms are clean and quiet. Good price.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2016

The bed was really comfortable

When me and my family arrived our room wasn't ready we had to wait about 20 minutes

The bed was really comfortable

• Reviewed: 8 March 2016

Good Breakfast, Comfy Bed, Great Location.

Pool was a little cold and the room door didnt latch good.

Good Breakfast, Comfy Bed, Great Location.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2016

Staff was very friendly and accommodating.

Limited breakfast option.

Staff was very friendly and accommodating.

There are also 25 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.