Reviews of Travelodge by Wyndham LAX South 2 stars

1804 East Sycamore Avenue, El Segundo, CA 90245, USA

#13 of 13 hotels in El Segundo

Based on 1925 hotel reviews

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

We were put into an old room, it was dirty, paint flaking off the walls and ceiling, smelt damp and the floors creaked every step. Had we booked in for any more than one night and hadn’t been so tired from our journey, we would have complained and found an entirely new place to stay. The Travel Lodge brand should be ashamed with the quality of this accomodation. Breakfast the next morning wasn’t good either, the counters and tables were smeared with food and not cleared between guests. There was also hair in the cutlery containers. The photos do not correctly reflect this place.

Close to airport, and main thoroughfare, but this also made it a noisy place to stay.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The fact that my flight was cancelled.

I had an unexpected layover at LAX. Booked the room based upon price, previous reviews and the fact they had an airport shuttle. The staff was really nice and friendly. The shuttle is exclusive to this hotel i.e. very quick and convenient. The room was clean and comfortable. Walking distance to handful of restaurants and a grocery store. In and Out Burger was a bonus. I will definitely stay there when flying out of LAX.

This place is close to airport, however you have to pay for parking, limited parking available. A little run down and furniture in room was broken. It was ok for one night only. Breakfast was bare minimum. Hair in bed when pulled back sheets.

Close to airport

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was ok but a bit more variety would have been better.

Were comfortable motel very close to LAX. lots of places to eat nearby and easy public transport to L.A. downtown. The rooms look as if they have recently been renovated, breakfast was just OK. Staff were very helpful. All in all better than we expected and will stay there again if we are doing a short stop over in L.A.

• Queen Studio -Smoking

My room was across from the laundry and ice machine in a dark area across the road from the main part of the motel. As a lone traveler I didn't feel safe. The curtains were stained and the blinds had pieces missing.

Staff were extremely helpful and pleasant.

The size of the room was small, no storage space and hardly any walking space. The carpet was filthy and smelly. When walked upon with bare feet, it felt moist and a bit sticky. Also feet turned black quickly. The air conditioner/heater in our room didn't function properly, either way too cold, or hot. Air flow in room is bad. The staff was not friendly at all, and the maid serviced the room even though we had the do not disturb sign on the door. When we asked for extra towels, we were questioned why we needed them. The parking lot is horrendous! Not enough parking for the amount of people staying at hotel. Breakfast sub par, no protein options. Closer to continental breakfast. Not worth the price paid.

The fact that the beds were okay, is the only thing we semi liked about this hotel.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room space was a bit tight.

Functional location close to the airport with airport shuttle provided which was very convenient. Staff were helpful and friendly. The beds were very comfortable

Old facility and breakfast food and area was not desirable. Pancake batter all over the cabinet and floor for the entire week. Check website they have a parking fee of 5:00 per night. Friday night had motorcycles driving around at 2 in the morning.

Location. Bathroom was a good size and it had a microwave and refrigerator.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Pretty much everything. It was old, it smelt terrible, couldn't use the air conditioner because when we turned it on the air coming out smelt like mould, paper thin walls, the 24/7 shuttle bus for the airport is actually only every 2hrs, if you want it outside of these hours you have to pay. On top of this we paid an extra 70 US dollars to check out at 6pm as we had a late flight. We went out all day and came back at 4:30pm to get ready for our flight to have someone immediately knock on our door to tell us that our time was up and if we wanted to stay until 6pm we had to pay more! We spent 4.5 weeks in America and this was hands down the worst hotel we stayed at and it wasn't even cheap.

It was close to the airport, but I would never stay here again.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The fact that We were not picked up from the airport. I called the hotel after we arrived and was told the hotel shuttle was on the way and did not show up. I spent 2 hours waiting and still did not show up so I asked a Marriot Hotel Shuttle Driver to drop us so he kindly offered us ride. Secondly I believe the staff need to learn how to welcome guests-hospitality and to be able to communicate well and if they fail then need to know their mistakes and at least give apology to the respective guests. Last but not the least, the network service where we assinged to is totally not work. The network reception is weak could not even picked up.

• King Room- Non-Smoking

Started off walking into the room they gave us that was a total mess like no one cleaned the room before we walked in. The first night we ended up staying in a smaller room then we booked and instead of giving us the difference back, we got free $30 parking. So we got moved into the room that we booked and it looked cleaned at a glance. Once we shut the door to start unloading again, we noticed that there was a used bandaid stuck to the back of the door and that this room didnt come with a mini fridge like the last room. So after all that it was time to go into the bathroom where you could clearly see hair stuck in the blow dryer. The shower was alright until you stepped on that little towel/mat they give you and you mop up the extra water the splashed out, to find it brown for the dirty floor. Here comes the best part, about halfway through our stay they lost power. We were told that it happens frequently and there were signs hanging up. Well not only was there no signs hanging up but not 1 employee said anything when we had there very sad breakfast. I was shocked that they A. Didnt have a backup generator if it happens so often or B. Didnt give u lanterns or flash lights. They just expected you to walk around the hotel blinded. If I have learned anything from this is to always read reviews. I will never return to this or any travelodge ever!

Semi close to good places to eat

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I was not made aware of the overnight power outage despite the hotel confirming my late check in time. Front desk advised they were made aware of the outage for several days prior and once I arrived let me know I could cancel with no penalty, which at midnight is too late. Had I been aware prior I would have rebooked at another hotel.

Convenient location

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room furniture was from the sixties. Lamp shades very dirty. Room smelled like smoke in a non smoking room. Did not at all match the pictures on booking.com. Shuttle from airport: we called when we got our luggage, they said it would be 10 mins, we got picked up an hour later.

Location is okay. Close to the airport

It was good for one night, due to closeness to airport and shuttle pick up. I arrived in a midnight flight in LAX, call them through my skype credit with airport WiFi and worked perfect (I didn’t have mobile roaming). They picked me and my baby up within 15mins. Friendly staff! Room was clean and comfortable. Bed and thin pillows were great...bed a bit on the soft side for my husband, but I felt really comfortable. Breakfast was like in most American hotels, waffles, toast bread, bananas, apples, coffee bread or tea (included in rate). They have a small outside pool (with mechanical arm from people who need aid. I’ve never seen that, so it impressed me for a small hotel). I didn’t swim, as it was kind of cold when I was there in May. You can hear a bit the Main Street, but it was quiet in the night.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Only one thing, the walls were tremendously thin. At 11pm, I had to get up and ask two gentlemen to keep quiet. I should have gone to reception as one was very aggressive, but hey ho, lesson learned. If i was to stay there again I would ask not to be in the main building ... but on a higher level.

Great place, price and location

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I arrived at the hotel a little after 11pm and went to sleep around midnight. I had a room on the ground floor overlooking the parking lot and was awoken at 3am by multiple police officers speaking outside my window. The red and blue flashing lights were also lighting up my room. They left after a half hour or so and I had just fallen back asleep when I heard a lady speaking very loudly on the telephone in the hallway. She walked away after a few minutes, but returned again after a while, still talking very loudly. This happened numerous times and prevented me from really falling back asleep. I then heard my neighbours awake and could hear their full conversation perfectly through the wall. By this time it was nearly 6 so I got up and showered, and then there was no hairdryer. Staff at the front desk could not locate one. I went to breakfast and the only thing I could eat was an apple (I have a wheat allergy).

The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was new, the staff were friendly and free airport shuttle.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

didn't realise, but you have to call for the shuttle to pick you up from the airport. it isn't on a continuous loop like the others

close to lax. places to eat close by. fine for an overnighter. nice staff

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room size[ the smallest room that we have been in; the room illumination....no reading lights for one side of the bed.

Location; the front desk service and help.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room was little bit too lousy. I could not close the whole window, so it was bright at night. I was waiting over 2 hours for airport shuttle, I've even called front desk, but shuttle didn't come. Shuttle is not going between 1 and 4 PM

Breakfast was great. Room was clean.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I waited 40 min for my airport shuttle only for him to drive right past me in lane 3. He didn't even look for me. I called and it took another 40 min to return. Way too long a wait. I should have paid for an uber. I want stay here again.

The room was nice and clean and comfortable. Very close to the airport as needed.

The room next door to us had individuals talking, drinking , smoking until 7 am in the morning . We stayed there to get a good night rest before a flight and busy day , but didn’t sleep one bit ! It was so loud ! We called the office multiple times but nobody did anything

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I was not aware I had to phone for shuttle service and stood waiting at the airport for an hour before giving up and taking a taxi. The taxi did not give me a receipt so I am out of pocket $20 for something that should have been covered.

The bed was very comfey

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

not insulated within rooms, could hear people talk etc, pillows smell , reception was only one, you have to wait forever in the phone to arrange shuttle service

night driver and close proximity to airport

• Queen Studio -Smoking

There needs to be more attention to cleanliness. The kitchen felt dirty and the bathroom needs a deep cleaning due to the mold development on the walls. The hotel needs to be revamped in order to be a decent airport motel.

The room was large and the staff was nice and helpful. It was also great that the hotel was close to the airport.

• King Room- Non-Smoking

I didn't like anything of the property ! It reminded me of a cheap motel that you pay by the hour . The bed was uncomfortable, the sheets were not that clean and the bathroom was awful , cheap and disgusting to use.

• King Room- Non-Smoking

There was an offensive odor that was in the bathroom that affected the room, tv didn't work,and the tub would not drain.

Did not stay for breakfast, didn't trust it.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Pick up from LAX was very long time. Waited an hour. Could not get breakfast included in the cost because of an early flight and had to leave at 6am which is when breakfast started. Staff were concerned about the noise from one of the residents and in so doing called me to see if it was me. Not sure why they didn't walk along the passage way to check? I was next to the reception and could hear the sounds from discussions of staff at times.

Transport to and from the airport. Good proximity to shops and food outlets.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The shelf in the bathroom was missing. There was no place to put my shaving kit. In fact your complimentary shampoo/conditioner/lotion bottles were displayed in the shower!

Complimentary breakfast: didn't expect fresh waffles

The eating area felt very crowded. Not the people. But table and chair arrangement.

The bed was very comfortable. The heater worked great. Everything was clean and we had enough towels for the three of us. I love the very litted parking area. It felt safe😊

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bathroom looked updated, but the work was shoddy - missing caulk, so-so paint job, lack of attention to detail. The rest of the room was in need of updating. Everything looked clean, except for the empty beer can on the floor of the "closet" and no soap in the bathroom (it had shampoo, conditioner, and lotion, however). I put closet in quotes because it was just an opening in the wall with a bar to hang things on hangers, no door - and had a random crappy-looking desk chair in it (but no desk in the room). There was quite a bit of traffic noise - it is across the street from a gas station and on a main road - which I was able to ignore, but may not be great for light sleepers.

It was close to the airport, and the shuttle took only 10 minutes to arrive at LAX. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The bed was comfortable and I didn't mind the very small size of the room; I had only a small suitcase and backpack, so it was no big deal. If you have more luggage with you, YMMV. For what it was for me - a place to stay for a few hours before an early morning flight - it was fine. You just have to recognize that you are getting what you pay for.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The rooms were clean and updated and felt comfortable. I wasn’t aware there was a breakfast available until I was checking out so I didn’t have time to enjoy any of the breakfast. I did take a look at the breakfast and noticed all that was available were unhealthy food items. I prefer more of protein with my breakfast than carbs. Just an observation is all. Overall I did like my stay at your property.

• King Room- Non-Smoking

free airport shuttle is not available per request but by hours. in the morning is OK with every hour, but afternoon is every two hours, seems too long so we took Lyft.

close to airport and good waffle in breakfast.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

- We were on the second floor, there's no elevator so it may be a problem if you have large luggage.

- Efficient shuttle pickup, very close to the airport, clean and looking better than we expected. - There's a couple of gas stations close by for snacks or similar items you may need

Only stayed for 4 hours late at night - no comment

This is a Place for an overnight stay very close to LAX Airport Free shuttle service 24 hours Free breakfast

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Travelodge claim to be 'green' now but the breakfast plates and cutlery are all plastic and polystyrene with no evidence of recycling.

Comfy bed

The place was a little run down and there were no protein options at the continental breakfast

Close location and very quick check in. Everything was very clean

We only stayed for a night, after picking up a friend from LAX. The beds were comfy and we were able to walk to IHOP and get a midnight bite after checking in.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

So many things that I like from the property including the location (very close to LA airport), the cleanliness, the hospitality of the staff and of course the price. As a single traveller travelling in business purpose, this is a great hotel.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room wasn't clean, there was a lot of dust, curtains not clean, poor air quality, bathroom fittings old with some rust. Walls need to be painted. Really, the whole place needs a makeover. There was a smell in the corridor. The general air of neglect.

The bed was comfortable, and it was quiet because the room faced away from the busy road. Close to the airport and free airport shuttle, although the departure times are quite limited. only once every hour. The staff were helpful, particularly the shuttle bus driver.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was very unhealthy. I’d like more options like fruit, salad, vegetables, eggs, non dairy milk options.

The room was very nice and comfortable.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

People barbequeing with loud music in front of the rooms. Then the next day a random person knocks on my room door and accuses me of stealing her cell phone

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was good for the price paid.

I don’t spend a lot at airport hotels as they serve a purpose: a bed to sleep in. This covered all bases. Good value for money but not for those who require a more upmarket option.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

No free shuttle bus, if you want to get the shuttle bus you have to pay 12 USD. There is no storage for baggage. No option of late check out (2p.m.) - room was available and there was no housekeeping before 2 p.m. We had a transfer to the airport for 2 p.m. So for 2 hours we had to seat there keeping our luggage and

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was no cold water in the sink. The street my room faced was a little noisy early in the evening, but the traffic quieted later and did not disrupt my sleep.

I called the Hotel from LAX and the shuttle arrived in 15 minutes. They also provided a shuttle back to the airport the next day for my next flight. Although supposedly this isn't the best part of town, the Comfort Inn Suites is across the street. I like that an IHOP was one block away, and a gas station with a small food market was across the street. Good hot shower. I mentioned a problem about no hot water in my sink and the office sent a worker to my room in less than 30 minutes. (Unfortunately, he could not repair the problem).

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The property was definitely not as nice as the photos portrayed. It was okay, don't get me wrong but a far cry from the photos online. The room was also super small and the walls are thin. We could hear the conversations of the guests in the room next door.

The property is super close to the airport. A free shuttle is provided but you have to call the front desk to get picked up at the airport. The property is also within walking distance of an IHOP (approx. 3 mins). I love IHOP.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was no phone, mini fridge, or microwave in my room.

The room was clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. And it’s so close to LAX.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very small room Shuttle to LAX not organized, driver left hotel and guests because his shift over, therefore no shuttle driver, had to use taxi which hotel paid for

Clean room, great location

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

-Pick up from LAX is outside the arrivals at the shuttle pick up area, we waited half a hour without any car, until we called them. So make sure you give them a ring before you are outside. -Horrible noise insulation, could hear every word (and everything else...) from the neighbors in the room beside. -The room smelled strange, mold? - Breakfast was not at all eatable, coffee tasted like a mix of chemicals and the "food" (sweet buns in a plastic bag) was nothing I even considered to touch.

Close to the airport,free shuttle, plenty of restaurants in the area.

Basic accommodation and breakfast. Motel short of coffee makers. So my room didn't have any. Very basic bed n breakfast place.

Location near LAX airport.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

If you get too late to breakfast there won't be almost anything left. Breakfast 6-9.30. There is a lot of Street noise from cars and airplanes which made it harder to sleep. Room was small. No elevator.

For one night perfect. Really close to the airport, airport shuttles for free. When you arrive at the airport, stand under a red sign hotel shuttles and call the hotel and they will pick you up in 20 min. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was included, there were waffles, toast,coffee and juices. Pretty basic, but you get full. The room was clean,a little small but okay. Overall I had a good experience in this hotel ,would recommend for one night after flight or before.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staffs are very kind. Though we arrived at the airport around 1 a.m. since our flight delayed, they willingly gave us a ride from the airport to the hotel.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The facilities are old and need a remodel. It seemed like most of the walls and funitutebhadnt had an upgrade in years b

The staff is wonderful and their customer service was fabulous!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel is pretty dated (ugly carpets etc) so if you're looking for 5 star luxury, I wouldn't recommend it but if you want a reasonable price, a good nights sleep, a nice big breakfast and a bonus outdoor pool then this is the place for you!

There were delicious waffles for breakfast that you could make fresh. They also had bagels, cereal and lots of pastries. The bed was very comfortable and the room was spacious. The staff are REALLY friendly so if you need any recommendations for where to eat etc, they're happy to help. Just call the hotel and the free airport transfer will pick you up within 10 minutes (hotel is very close to the airport).

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Rooms too small, claustrophobic and very dingy, my screen on window was bent like someone had tried to break in. No elevator

Airport was close by and there was a shuttle. TV was good.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was decent though a bit hard, for a single night's stay though it was decent. I could hear a neighbouring room's television and a man talking loudly on the phone at about 2am but it was just a slight annoyance that did not greatly affect me or my sleep.

Close to the airport, very clean, friendly and helpful staff. Close to an IHOP and gas station, and very close to airport.

1st night the carpets were hurrendous filthy, they were cleaned bu the time we returned in the afternoon of the next day though.

Handy for the aiport and hire car drop off

The room we stayed in (double queen) had no kitchen, just a microwave. Kind of a disappointment because it was advertised as having a kitchinette. Carpet needs some renovation also. Breakfast is included but is very simple. If you are in a gluten free diet, you have to be happy with a banana and some coffee.

Beds were very comfortable, room and bathroom are spacious and well equipped. Location very close to the airport, perfect for a night before or after a flight. Parking is $5 a night, cheaper than most hotels in LA which unfortunately charge up to 30 USD per night (absurd, I know).

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room is very small. You can hear conversations and TV in adjacent rooms and hallway. Doors very loud when closing. Breakfast is only fair. No juice or toaster working.

Convenient to airport and very friendly staff.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Originally spoke to someone at the hotel that said we could extend Park for $5 a day since we were staying there before our trip and a night after we returned. NOT!! No offer of a remedy. I asked for suggestions/recommendations. They said airport parking 105 which we ended up using. Room was directly across a small street from a very busy Circle K & at a major intersection. Very noisy & a lot of foot traffic! The bed was a huge dip with no cushioning. The bathroom looked like it was in the middle of cosmetic repair, exposed raw wood & some of it painted. Some of the blinds were broken facing the gas station. No sense of security at all. Asked for a room near the office on our return stay.

Nice staff

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room was so small - there was only enough room to walk around the bed. Weak breakfast options, where’s the eggs & meats? Staff waiting to start work eating breakfast items when everything was low & took up a table when all other tables were full.

Comfy bed. Nice staff when we checked in at midnight.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Had to pay for a shuttle to go early. The shuttle is operated by the hotel. It wasn't an outside company. It shouldn't matter what time you leave especially with the price for that room.

close to the airport and the shuttle

Limited choices for breakfast

Near to the airport,,Bed is comfy, room is clean with good hot water for bathing.Internet connection is good. Metro bus and train is not difficult to find.Thers a lot of local

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast menu are always the same,,no choices that much

Bed is comfy, internet is fast.Room is clean with good hot water for bathing.Near to airport.Staff is helpful.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room carpet needs to be replaced in the same building with the front desk. The bathroom sink faucet had to be adjusted to stop the dripping. The room was a bit too small for a queen-sized bed.

Staff is courteous. Good variety of breakfast items. Close to fast mart and eateries (although only during daylight...don’t feel safe to walk alone at night)

Would not recommend.

Noisy and hard to arrange for shuttle pickup. No dining facilities..closest about 3 blocks away. We asked for 3:45 wakeup call and knowing we were looking at needing a quiet room they put us next to a group of people playing music and talking loudly. When we complained about noise.. she was cranky about providing another room saying they would not be able to rent out existing room. Isn't the idea of a hotel to provide a good night's sleep?

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Had to walk across small street to annexed hotel site from Registration. During inclement weather this might be a challenge. Breakfast was across the street to. Not good for physically challenged.

We were given a room with a mini kitchen. Table, chairs & fridge. Microwave & stove. I was happy to utilise all but the stove! Comfortable bed, nice shower too. Quiet area to rest at night. On site parking easy to stay close to car. Good lighting & ventilation. Convenient overnight stay after long flight!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bed extremely comfortable but only had a few hours overnight between flights so unable to comment on facilities or area around hotel. Located 10 minutes from LAX with free airport shuttle was the reason we stayed here.

• Two Bed room - Non-Smoking

Contacted by bookings the night before arrival only to find out the room we booked had plumbing issues..... I had to agree then to have 2 rooms at more cost so as it was last Minuite I had to agree. wrong choice... the hotel, I mean motel is discusting... be aware ..... I have video footage of the state of the carpet , we couldn't understand why our feet were dirty then we did .... there were so many complaints I do not know where to begin, plus bites on our body's . I was promised an email from the manager at travelodge but still waiting .... avoid at all cost, that's my advise.

NOTHING

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The photos I saw on the website did not match the room I got. The room felt like a closet with a bed in it. Hardly any room to walk around. Tiny window in the corner. No counter space in the bathroom whatsoever. Floors were lumpy. Bathroom had a creaky floor and possibly black mold. Obviously a very old motel. Oh and the parking lot was very tight.

Quick, easy check in and the shuttle to the airport was free and prompt.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Thin walls, you can hear music and TV from the next room if too loud

Very convenient location for people undergoing the Clinical Skills exam. Clean and comfortable with all needed facilities.

This place is very ordinary. Toilet not bolted to the floor, shower rail falling off, shower head loose and not screwed to wall. REALLY Ordinary ! Better than sleeping on the streets but not in a big way. We we arrived they couldn't find the booking. If I hadn't already paid I would have left !

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The carpet in the room and the floor in the restroom were filthy. Considering the condition of the living space, it was overpriced.

Location was the only plus.

• King Room- Non-Smoking

I stayed in room 115 which was nice except the carpets were a bit worn.

Affordable, great proximity to LAX, nice front desk (evening). Free shuttle to / from airport.

Poor breakfast service; a little rundown (curtains were ripped; shoe print on the ceiling)

Convenient to airport; good shuttle service; clean; pleasant staff

• King Room- Non-Smoking

Breakfast is very poor. Rooms are old and not very clean looking.

Very close to the airport and affordable. If you are planning to stay for one night between your flights, you can choose this hotel. But don't expect too much.