Reviews of Holiday Inn Orlando SW – Celebration Area 3 stars

5711 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway, Celebration, Orlando, FL 34746, USA

#292 of 407 hotels in Orlando

It was not the cleanest. Bed sheets gave us rashes.

the staff was not how I expected, before trip were not able to find my reservation. Night I checked in were not able to find my Breakfast voucher. When I tried to get a refund for some money I had used to do laundry , did not know how to handle the situatuation

how close it was to the disney area. I loved breakfast and the location of my room

Everything was perfect.

There were no dislikes.

Everything was perfect. Great environment! Positive and upbeat attitudes from the staff! Would recommend this hotel to everyone...

You get what you pay for! Not bad tho..Giovanni was awesome!
    • Standard Room

They were doing some kind of construction near our room and it was very annoying..Good thing we were headed right back out! Also, it took the cleaning crew until late evening to come clean our room..

breakfast bar was awesome!

If you say you will give a discount because you were unhappy please a least do it !

Very busy and noisy, I complained about the noise from the lift motor room above our room which kept us awake most of the night, was told as we checked out I would receive an e-mail advising us of a discount applied to my credit card, that was nearly 4 weeks ago but nothing ! very disappointed !

Near restaurants, walking distant, was able to hire a car from the hotel.

All of it was very nice, we would stay there again for our next trip!!

I think the parking lot space could have been a little better, but overall I have no complaints!! 😄

Our room was very comforting, roomy, and quiet. Plus, the beds were nice and comfortable and I loved how we could control the room temperature!!! 😀

Location and the front desk staff.
    • Standard Room

Housekeeping was not all good. They kept open the room, didn’t keep coffee cups, sugar , shampoo etc. every time I had to ask at the front desk. Breakfast was not that great.

Location and the front desk staff. It is 15 minuets drive from all the parks

Needs remodeling badly. Dirty dingy, smelly hotel. Felt very uncomfortable, didn't feel safe.

dirty, outdated, smelly and run down hotel. We came in late and left early. I'm glad we were not there long. We were given a handicap room even though we didn't need one, so didn't like the shower at all. dark parking in the back and the type of people hanging around the doors to smoke cigarettes made it feel unsafe and unpleasant. Should not be allowed to smoke near doorways.

nice bed. Clean crisp sheets. Probably most important thing. Other than that it was awful

Pros: comfortable room & great staff. Cons: parking was ridiculous and no continental breakfast

1. The website advised that there was continental breakfast. There was not. This was the main reason I choose this hotel. 2. Parking was ridiculous! We had to park near the road and walk back to the hotel.

The beds were super comfortable and the location was easy to find in relation to where we were coming from.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Holiday Inn

A C did not work quietly as heater. Reported to desk, nothing was fixed. Room was never replenished with coffee packs or cups

Close to attractiond. Close to restaurants

My stay was Epic. The staff was amazing and attentive to every patron in the building.
    • King Studio

The continental breakfast was mediocre. Eggs were a little dry.

There were many youth football teams staying in the hotel, the same time I was there. The teams on upper floors were rowdy at times. Staff addressed the situation quickly and respectfully. The teams on the first floor were a great group.

There was a long line, because of a shutdown at the airport,...
    • Standard Room

Hotel bar could have been open later than 11.

There was a long line, because of a shutdown at the airport, many cancellations... But the staff at the front desk was attentive and kind.

Friendly Staff, but moldy bathroom
    • Standard Room

There was mold on the ceiling of the bathroom and on the tub. Only a few channels on the tv would work and when maintenance came to fix it, I was told "Yeah, it does that sometimes." The next morning, I woke up with bug bites. When I informed the front desk, they said they would look into it and refund my money if they found anything. A few days later, they called to let me know the money was being refunded. I never found out what they found.

Dana, at the front desk, was awesome and a great way to start my stay. There was also a big playground and a kiddie pool that would have been perfect if my kids were traveling with me.

Very unsatisfactory - very disappointed. Unable to attach photos - sent in email 11/11/17
    • Standard Room

My very first morning there, I sent an email to Booking.com, with pictures. Not only was the tub painted over, the paint had peeled in majority of the tub and it would peel onto you when you showered. There was also a dead pincher bug in the tub (also sent that picture). Everything Wood in the room had baby termite crawling all over it, and I was constantly killing termite on the night stand next to the beds. Received an email back from Booking.com that they would like to accommodate and to send my booking info which I did. No response.

Location only.

Not that bad but I wouldn’t stay here again
    • Standard Room

Very loud when you open the door to the balcony. The bathroom should immediately be renovated, pieces of the tub were falling apart. We booked a room with breakfast, but as it turned out you have to pay extra money for warm meals incl eggs or porridge. That means we payed for some cornflakes, fruits and biscuits. We were not the only ones who got very angry about this rip-off!

Nice swimming Pools and the Old Town nearby

It was average !
    • Standard Room

Staff , cleanliness, hotel room (not lobby) is pretty dated !

It was average ! Nothing fancy ! Nothing stood out ! You stay here only if everything is booked up in the area ! If you are like me and like a tad bit “fancy” or “upscale” THIS IS NOT THE HOTEL FOR YOU !

Don't believe I would stay there again
    • Standard Room

They booked my room on the bottom floor tried to give me a smaller room finally got the room size I needed on the 7th floor Mama's afraid of heights and they didn't have complimentary coffee at the front desk

Breakfast was good

It was great.
    • Standard Room

I think the lobby and desk are due for a upgrade. You have such a great staff, update the desk and counter tops.

We left my daughters blanket that my mema made her and she can't sleep without. The manager personally went to thw room and found it. We were already 2 hours away and turned around to come get it. I think he heard the pa.ic in my voice and then the relief when he said he found it.

• Standard Room

The restaurant in hotel was a pizza one - pizza machine broken and staff not keen to do other food. Really poor

The location was perfect for all the parks

Niced place to stay in the Disney area, if you don't mind driving a little to get to the attractions
    • Standard Room

There was no coffee maker and when I called the front desk, they joking said "you must have taken it already. We'll send one up right away." The joke was funny, but we never good the coffeemaker.

They serve an excellent breakfast buffet, and the ground floor, lobby and walkway gives a good ambiance. Room is clean, nice amenities and good bedding. Staff was helpful and courteous.

Staff at the Holiday Inn deserve great praise for their endeavours during a really difficult time.
    • Standard Room

I couldn't use the gym as the pool furniture was temporarily being stored in it. This was understandable because Hurricane Irma was bearing down on Orlando.

As we were sheltering from Hurricane Irma, we needed a safe haven. The staff were reassuring and did whatever they could to help us. The staff manned the hotel throughout the period of the storm and deserve great praise for maintaining a good service. The bar was open each evening and even when the power was out ( running an emergency generator), a cold breakfast buffet was put on. Plenty of room to park.

Worst attitude, they don't know the word 'service'
    • Standard Room

I know it was a difficult time because of hurricane irma, but the attitude of the people working there was the worst, I had to (literally) clean my own toilet after the service people were not able to do that in more than 12 hours. They also promised some basic services in case of power loss (electric power given by generators and internet access) and they did not deliver Also when I checked out they wanted to charge me the resort fee (for the inexistent wifi and pool service) and the breakfast Wich they didn't provide... After arguing with them, they charged it back Worst experience ever

The location was decent

Complimentary water, lemon in the lobby. Very pleasant experience.
    • Standard Room

We paid for a free breakfast and didn't get it. They made us pay again. The food is was dried out and over cooked. Not delicious and fresh. Prices are expensive! Parking is expensive at the hotel. I didn't like the lobby man asking me to by a timeshare for $299.00 everytime I walked by to our room. You need to take some tour of the property and you get discount tickets for the park :(

The room was large, well decorated, clean and quiet. The bed was comfortable could have used another blanket since this was washed so much it was worn out flat like a pancake. Park in the orange and lime at Disney Springs for free. Go early to get space at night time. The two bottles of water in the hotel room was nice size bottle for free.

Not the best

Cleanliness, Tiny bathroom, I was bitten badly numerous times after spending three weeks elsewhere and not been bitten at all !!! Smell in the room,

#RELAXINGSTAYCATION
    • Standard Room

Well I wrote that up top by mistake lol sorry so I will write what I liked the most....The staff was very friendly, rooms were clean, near by lots of restaurants, stores, not too far from clubs etc..It was reunions, weddings etc going on and while we was in the room I didn't hear any noise from above, below or in the halls, I really appreciated the quiet

I loved the hotel and staff. The price wasn't too bad but I wasn't happy that I had to pay a few more dollars than what I was quoted on booking.com, It was so many people staying at the hotel that I had to make a place to park (praying I didn't get a ticket or towed), It was folks walking dogs around and I wanted to pay cash for the room, which I did at check out but only to look at my banking online today and see that it was also taken out of my account (debit/visa card) so overall was great. Lots of traffic in the area but it was a great weekend.! Thanks Carlos (smile)

was Okay

Air conditioning probably needs filter changed made me cough, most of the time we had turned off and yet it was hot. The paint in the tub was peeling off. breakfast was free for only cold food and 2 people, this was not specified when in booking.com

Stay somewhere else

The bath tub was dirty.

Pay the extra $30 a night and stay somewhere else. The bathroom in my room was dirty had to buy cleaner and clean it myself. Later,I reached for a towel after my shower to find a used soap bar stuck to a "clean" towel. Disgusting.

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

The air conditioner box was ridiculous, right next to my mums face and so loud kept us all up all night and the cleaner didn't even do her job. Wasn't happy.

Great place to stay!

Being in tower 1 due to you can hear all the traffic from Irlo Bronson and it was extremely loud and there aren't enough parking spots and if you get back to the hotel late you have to park all the way in the back.

The rooms are clean and comfy and this is our go to hotel whenever we go to Disney.

Clean and great location

Good stay for the money. You can tell it's an older/dated hotel but the rooms have been updated. The hallways are old and dreary but the rooms are clean and more up to date. I was happy with our stay.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Close to Disney World - Biggest advantage to this hotel

I was there for 5 days. Breakfast got old after eating it every day. They should add little more variety to their breakfast. I believe they have guests who normally stay there for at least 4 or more days as they are pretty close to DisneyWorld. I checked in on Sunday at 9:00 pm, they gave me a password for the internet but didn't tell me that it will reset automatically on Monday. I couldn't use the internet for two days. I have to go and ask the front desk why internet isn't working. He told me that password reset every Monday. I said that you guys should have let me know when I checked in on Sunday. He said "OK", like he didn't care.

Rooms were clean. Pool was great. Location is very close to Disney World.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

Comfortable to stay in.

WiFi service was slow. Made it a bit frustrating to confirm our flight home.

Room was clean, bed linens fresh, pillows comfortable. Bathrooms clean and in good condition.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Never again
    • Standard Room

Didn't like they advertised free breakfast and then I got charged 12.95 each. Didn't like my a c cycling in and off every minute. Didn't like I booked two full beds and got one bed and bunk beds. Good luck getting to 26 yr olds in those. Never again

• Reviewed: 13 January 2017

Rooms were Clean.

Breakfast !!!! 1. Food quality was awful 2. Deceptive policy, expensive charge for cold cereal, 3.00 up charge for hot food, not explained well when booking room. Would not let you out of the original agreement. 3. Did I mention the hot food was cold, and the quality was awful. 4. Restaurant did not open until 7:00 AM. This policy is not very good if you need to leave by 7:00 am. 5. Bathroom was so small a child would have trouble using it. 6. Staff not very friendly or helpfull.

Rooms were Clean. Beds were comfortable

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Short stay but good!

My stay was okay, no dislikes with the exception of a small bathroom.

Hotel was close to where I was attending a graduation ceremony, there were no fees for Wi-Fi and parking, and the rate was affordable. Hotel staff was friendly, manager came by my room wanted to know if there was anything else he could do to make my stay better. I would definitely stay again.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

Great staff but unit needs updating.

You need more electrical outlets. I had to unplug the lamp to use the coffee maker. Had to put the phone on the floor to charge it. No outlet near the bed table. The very small sink in the bathroom had no room for toiletries. My makeup bag fell off 4 times. Annoying. Also the A/C was very noisy even in low.

Great location- right on the beach!!

People were screaming profanities outside my door at 2-3 in the morning. It was annoying! The tv shut down in the middle of watching it. Called front desk in morning and it still didn't work. No one ever came to fix it. Was told the storm knocked it out. Not truth..

The beds were comfortable. The breakfast was good. Kids loved making their own waffles.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Rooms could use updating

The bathroom was extremely small. The towels had a chemical smell the hallways were stale smelling. Buses and large rv took up parking spaces very inconvenient Not enough outlets to charge cell phones. Room was outdated

The room was spacious enough and bedding was clean

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

No towels, no coffee, don't care!!

We did not get towels or coffee left in our room 2 days of a three day stay. We finally got towels at 930 pm the second day, and never did get any the third day, we could not bath after spending the whole day at Disney. we left a note for 4 coffees, there were 4 of us in the room, we got none. Terrible service. They did not offer to comp us for the inconvenience, only that they would take it up with housekeeping. RIGHT!

Location was good.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Nice stay. But very expensive
    • Standard Room

I like the property, beds, clean, quite, breakfast at the hotel was good and good price. We stayed in room 1331 room was perfect. Only one little thing, the bathroom vas very small, my legs touch the door and toilet was loose.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Great time for State gymnastics meet.

Wifi is in and out but still was able to use. Kinda a pain to have to go down a floor for ice but not the end of the world.

Place is perfect close to were we need to be yet not in the rat race. Close to great food, will be back in January.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

All in all very nice

The only thing that was disappointing and there is not much that can be done about it now is that the bathroom was so incredibly small. It was hard to even move in there.

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

Stay at holiday inn

Breakfast complimentary should have more variety plus charging extra for eggs and sausages... Shuttle trips timing can be better with more trips

Location of hotel, team was good, had option of bunk beds for children,

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Very good fallback Hotel

Now there are several downsides that if fixed would make this place over the top. Let’s start with the room: we got a “queen” room with 2 queen beds, which seemed pretty small to me so I’m wondering what the regular rooms are like…..unless I’m mistaken and the regular rooms are bigger than the queen which was not explained when I booked it on the site (it was $1 more for a regular room), when we first came in we wanted to test out the TV and couldn’t turn it on; we found out it was unplugged due to the outlet being full with the lamp and the fridge, they need more outlets put in the rooms; I had to use my laptop to charge our phones and I had to use the outlet next to the sink, I had to go underneath the table behind the heavy chair and unplug the lamp to plug in the TV, there was no microwave, and during our stay the TV signal was very spotty, kept going in and out even when it wasn’t raining (rained 1 night). Also, the Internet kept going in and out as well even though it was clear. Now the bed was comfortable but the top sheets were very scratchy, that’s the only thing I didn’t like about the bed. I did say that the hotel was clean but they need to update their chairs at the front, they looked a little dirty and gross and I made the mistake of plopping down on one and it hurt, barely any cushion on the one I sat on.

Compared to the last hotels we went to it was much better, right off the bat I would like to complement the staff who were very helpful especially the guy who we met at the front desk our first night (should have remembered his name) he answered all our questions clearly and politely, when we asked for towels for our room the second night we received them quickly. The hotel has security at night, elevators (they also have carts which the guy at the front desk sought out for us quickly when asked), they have an arcade which we were too busy to go see, and a Cafeteria which if you have no time to go search out a place to eat is a plus and kids eat free with each adult, also there’s a free shuttle to the Disney parks (we didn’t use it because we were heading towards universal studios/islands of adventure and you had to pay them to get there so not bad for Disney goers), another plus was that the pool closes at 11 (at least the nights we were there) and that they had a hot tub. Now for the rooms: the rooms were clean (at least they looked clean), liked that they had a Keurig, and a fridge, we got the top floor with a Balcony view towards the pool, the pillows were nice and soft and there were many of them. Now the location in my opinion was great for us because it was close to the Hispanic stores and restaurants (not super close but it wasn’t hours away) and it was right next to a fun spot carnival looking place which looked very fun and if given more time would have gone to, close to the golden corral and several stores. Not the best but it was very decent thanks to the staff, some of the amenities and location.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

I came to Orlando for my birthday, and weekend and it they...

That the lady took her time to go over a package deal with myself and my husband and when we got to the resort they didn't have enough people to explain the package to us,so it cause the lady at the hotel not to get paid.

I came to Orlando for my birthday, and weekend and it they really gave me a weekend that would never forget.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

It was a good week!

The housekeeping staff failed to return to clean our room the one day we'd overslept and hadn't left the room. When we returned the bed was unmade, trash not collected and we had to call for clean towels.

The location and friendly helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

Very nice stay.

When just arrived I've asked for an couple of ours early check in. Even being a Genius member, they denied my request.

The location and the amenities are very good.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

This is my 2nd time here.
    • Standard Room

nothing. keep up the great job!

This is my 2nd time here.I came back,mostly,because of the staff. They are always with a smile and willing to help.One of the friendliest staff ever. I got to Orlando earlier than check in time and the MOD did everything possible to check me in early. I put a note on my reservation that I would like to upgrade the room, if it was available when I've got there, and they granted it... I mean, what is not to love about this hotel? The lady who checked me out was adorable too (I wish I wasn't this bad with names...So sorry! can't remember any!)Amenities are lovely.Bed are really comfortable. LOVE their body lotion !

Had a terrific view to old Town, but didn't like the fact the balcony doors were screwed shut.
    • One-Bed Room - Non-Smoking

The bathroom sink wouldn't drain.

The beds were very comfortable.

In a good area if you are visiting the parks we were there 2 nights and won’t be coming back

Grubby hotel needs massively updating

Another receptionist gave us the room we reserved.
    • One-Bed Room - Non-Smoking

Front desk check in receptions. Very rude.

Another receptionist gave us the room we reserved.

• Standard Room

Great value for the money

Na

Room was clean and comfortable.

Overall great stay and convienant location to where I needed to go.

did not eat or drink at property resturants.

bathtub not properly cleaned, frontdesk person not friendly

bathtub not properly cleaned, frontdesk person not friendly

Very friendly and helpful staff.

Very friendly and helpful staff. Clean and comfortable place. Definitely recommend it.

nice experience, would do again

bed was too stiff for me

clean well run

Start of vacation

Shower had mold in corners and the shower head shot water everywhere.

I already stated above.

I already stated above.

We had to clean our room,.

We had to clean our room,.... Disgusting Service...No Breakfasts

• Standard Room

Bath room realy small, room needs remodeling

Beds excellent

Rooms serviced very late in the day

Beds excellent

Great location, expensive for what you get
    • Standard Room

Gym smelled badly and had very limited equipment. The housemaid threw away some receipts of mine that I left on the side.

Bed comfy.

Front desk very nive and accommodating
    • Standard Room

Beds were never made, had to ask for towels almost everyday

Front desk very nive and accommodating

DONT STAY HERE there are much better deals at suite like condo hotels

old hotel, dirty, EXPENSIVE for what it it is NOISY

Ok
    • Standard Room

Older property, dirty hallways, very very small bathroom, phone and tv did not work during our stay

Breakfast was great

Wasn’t satisfied
    • Standard Room

First room they gave me was dirty. The second room they gave me i saw a roach and the bathtub was dirty with people foot prints and hair

The area

The bed was super comfy!
    • Standard Room

The carpet in the room hadn't been vacuumed or not vacuumed well. Pricey for the outdated room.

The bed was super comfy!

it was comfortable and clean overall. The breakfast was good too.

The shower took a long time to get warm, and had no bath mat, which can be very dangerous if someone should slip.

Forget this hotel
    • Standard Room

Breakfast was not included Price at the reception was higher than booked. No trolley for suitcases Final price was double than usually

Addressed issues immediately

Overall great stay
    • Standard Room

Only one day beds wasn't neatly made

Awesome! Just beyond expectations
    • Standard Room

The manager and emplees of the cafeteria were very friendly and helpful

I'm not coming back to this hotel

I'm not coming back to this hotel

Good

More comfort beds. More ice machine on every floor, The price include the breakfast not additional.

Friendly staff, location

It was great overall! Internet not so much. We had to request for our room to be serviced the second
    • Standard Room

The wireless internet was not so great!

Everything was great!