Reviews of The Roxy Hotel Tribeca 4 stars

2 Avenue of the Americas, Tribeca, New York, NY 10013, USA

#37 of 415 hotels in New York

• Superior King Room

Everything was perfect... no complaints!

Perfect location and the style of the hotel is insane. You feel like you're walking into 1920's New York. The Django is always a blast and the staff are amazing. Have stayed here twice and looking forward to staying again!

• Standard Room

The bed was so narrow that we couldn't sleep probably. Room rate was USD365 per night! We had to wait twice at the reception as there was no staff at all.

• Studio King Room

The front desk staff on this trip were awful- grumpy , unhelpful and outright rude. They were also really rude for a friend of mine who came to meet me, super disappointing. Having stayed several times- the staff are new and a haven't made me want to go back.

I have stayed at the Roxy at least 10 times- location is great as is the cost of the hotels around this area. The rooms are a good size too. Bellman are super kind and helpful.

• Standard Room

Could not sleep from the noise of cars and traffic. Hotel is located right in the middle of two busy street. No way you can avoid car noise. my reservation was king bed, when we checked in the lady who checked us in was not welcoming and smily at all, she said there is no king available at the hotel, she gave us two single bed without any further explanation. Even though the hotel was not that busy .we had to sleep speared with my wife because we could not fit comfortably in a one bed. Room was too small we could not be able to open our suitcases, our room was facing busy traffic street, even without opening the window ,you can still hear the busy street inside the room. Didn’t sleep until late night and woke up with the car moving early in the morning. Isolation is not good I guess. I would not stay and not recommend to stay in the island of traffic and noises hotel

• Superior King Room

The location is terrible. There are restaurants but no wonderful delis. It is a long walk to everything that is real life New York: supermarkets; bakeries; delis.

When I asked the management, they bent over backwards.

• Standard Room

Super amazing staff; great ambience with lots of entertainment options like the in house cinema; in house lounge bar with live band and in house bar Django. Super comfy bed, spacious room, great location. An all round winner of a hotel!

I loved the whole atmosphere and design of the Hotel. All staff members were very friendly and helpful in every way. Live jazz music every night that we loved.

No complaints

First time at the Roxy ,Loved everything about the hotel ,roomy beautiful stylish rooms,the comfy beds 👌the stocked fridge and snack bar for all yr needs 👌very clean,loved my stay and certainly will be back

I travel a lot (domestically and internationally) and a few times a year to NYC. I appreciate paying for services and accommodations as corresondingly provided. But, for the overall amenities we received, I think the wonderful Roxy was about 1/4-1/5 over-priced, even for NYC. Otherwise, a great place. Next time we go to NYC and if we decided to go back to Roxy, I'll have to ensure to get a better rate! :) We also had some minor issues with the bath pluming, but nothing serious that cannot also happen elsewhere. :)

Staff were fantastic! Although, we did not get the champagne at arrival! We loved the hotel overall, only that it was a bit over-priced. Next time we go to NYC, I will still look up Roxy to see what the going rate is and if appropriate I will book again. Thanks for a great service, and also we loved the how comfortable the bed was.

• Studio King Room

We had an issue with our room compared to our reservation. Ended up switching rooms to a room commensurate with what we we reserved. Front desk staff was OK. Apparently some guests are served champagne when they arrive and others are not. In our case we were not. Not sure why there is this inconsistency. We also had an issue with the restaurant post. Mix up getting a simple food order to go. Ended up taking 45 minutes to resolve.

Great location. Valet and Bell staff are outstanding.

• Standard Room

Possibly a little overpriced ... when we arrived looked on booking.com and the price had been halved 🙁

Loved all the little finishing touches ...extra comfy bed, fab food, access to cinema and music and even my little goldfish pet for the week !! Found the room items in fridge a little expensive so didn’t touch them ... a wonderful 50th birthday treat !!!

• Superior King Room

Great location just next to Canal Street Subway station and just by the Holland Tunnel so quick in and out to EWR. Amazing weekend brunch and great happy hour specials perfect for winding down at the end of the day. Good area for working in the atrium as well. Coolest element was the cinema in the basement. Lovely. And THE BED!! Comfiest bed I’ve EVER had at a hotel. Bliss.

• Standard Room

This is the perfect hotel if you are looking for something different! You can have an entire experience without ever leaving the hotel if you want- or just step outside and you are in a wonderful part of NYC.

Staff a bit terse, and not that welcoming on check-in.

The decor is mid-century modern/deco. Very cool. The "bellhop" in charge of luggage storage was really helpful.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Excellent location, quiet but near everything, we walked a lot, gave us a late check out, recommended a car service to take us to airport, it was a nostalgic stay

Mini Bar not Working. Everything was warm. The next morning they swapped it out.

Comfy clean. Great Staff. Great view of cast iron architecture from 8th floor.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Loved staying at The Roxy- location was perfect! The room was comfortable, the hotel had a great vibe- but the staff really made it special! Everyone we encountered- all the doorman, the staff at reception, bar & restaurant staff -were exceptionally friendly & professional! Looking forward to staying at The Roxy on our next trip to NYC!

Breakfast servers were hit or miss, and usually a miss. One morning, I was almost late for work due to the server ignoring me for an extreme amount of time for each aspect of the meal service. I couldn't get him to come back over to get my check. Was very disappointed a annoyed with this.

Rooms are very retro cool inside. Love the overall vibe and décor of the entire "speakeasy" style. Front desk was very kind and helpful. The lounge had live entertainment almost every evening making it great to go downstairs and relax/hang out.

• Superior King Room

I came back@ 1 pm to find out the hotel took my bag out of room, I stayed all over the world and this is the first time I was kicked out of room because I am one hour late, I am not sure what kind of coustumers you receive to make kicking customers out from room normal in your daily operation

Not sure if our dinner bill had the gratuity included? We noticed while paying for breakfast that gratuity was included. We tipped 20% on our dinner bill and while checking out I questioned it and the woman who checked us out couldn’t tell me if gratuity was included. I misplaced my receipt and couldn’t verify. I believe the patron should be made aware of the gratuity being added to the bill.

Almost everything.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Cleaning service didn't remove dirty dishes from room. Asked for coffee pot, which wasn't there originally. Had to ask multiple times to have coffee and cups delivered. Restaurant waiter snooty.

Location was good. Hotel is nice. We had a double room for three and the space for a NY hotel was enough.

• Superior King Room

Yes, the pillows were extra fluffy - comfy bed & décor. Excellent staff from valet parking attendants to check-in to wait staff. Great stay. Thank you

• Superior King Room

Absolutely loved this hotel. The complimentary glass of champagne upon check in was a wonderful surprise. We'll definitely be staying at The Roxy again!

• Superior King Room

Restaurant/lounge staff were less attentive

Location is awesome far enough from tourist areas with a local feel. Door staff were exceptionally helpful with no end of advice for things to do and places to eat.

The ambiance was incredible. The lobby restaurant was delicious and ideal for working alone or holding a meeting. Coffee bar was great! Staff were by far the best I’ve seen.

Location: Tribeca is the best of NYC. The history and recent renovations have made this an absolute landmark spot, for the cocktails, the music, the decor, this place is class from start to finish!

• Standard Room

NOISY AT NITE. FOLKS LEAVING CLUB SCREAMED ON STREET ON FRIDAY AND SAT NITES BY THE SAME TOKEN, NOISY INDIE HOTEL UNTIL A PARTY ON MY FLOOR LEFT. SECURITY TOUCHED BASE WITH ME

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Our room was too hot - minor complaint!

Fabulous TriBeCa hotel - staff were really helpful and friendly, hotel had a fantastic vibe, lovely breakfast, fab coffee and fruit bread at Jack’s, very comfortable beds....

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

You guys were awesome thank you for dealing with us it was my birthday weekend and we all drank way to much thank you for not throwing us to the streets

This hotel is amazing. Location was perfect and the staff was very courteous. I want to personally thank Corwin for his hospitality and friendly service. I would definitely recommend this hotel and I will be visiting again very soon.

This hotel is amazing.

• Standard Room

Mediocre DJ later at night with annoyingly poor sound system.

Staff was impeccable helpful. Everything was clean and comfortable. Good food at the Oyster Bar. Nice jazz music in the lounge in the early evening.

• Superior King Room

NOT the hotel's fault, but tough to get cabs at times. Next trip I would be sure to take advantage of Uber drivers.

The staff is beyond stellar. They answered every question with professionalism and went beyond expectations to ensure we had an amazing experience. The Oyster Bar was fantastic. The rooms were perfect.

• Superior King Room

It was a little noisy even with their white noise reduction system and very dark.

The whole experience was great. It has lots of facilities within the hotel and its so cool. It had a little gym and it's own cinema and jazz played each night in the relaxing bar.

• Superior King Room

Extremely noisy, rude staff that didn't seem to care, even on check in!

Stylish hotel, the coffee was great from the shop although quite expensive and we were disappointed that we didn't have a coffee maker in our room.

There was a mistake with my car booking for my airport transfer causing a delay in my trip to the airport. Also the housekeeping is not very diligent in replenishing the toiletries in the bathroom. Also, strangely, the front desk did not give me a bill to check when I check out.

The location is convenient. It is within walking distance to the subways and shopping area. Service staff are great.

• Standard Room

The rooms were at times very noisy, there was a loud extractor fan in the room and you could also hear everything going on downstairs in the lobby and restaurant areas. We had to ask several times about ameneties for our room e.g ironing board etc. It would have been nice if breakfast had also been included in the price of the room. The room itself was also very dark and abit dreary.

Most comfortable bed we’ve ever slept in! Great location, minutes from the subway and easy to get everywhere. Good restaurant recommendation from hotel staff.

We have stayed a few times now the only change would be better lighting in the rooms. Atmospheric i know but needs more light.

Didn’t have breakfast in the hotel

We were made aware on check-in that there was a private party on one of the two nights that we were staying at the hotel. This was a little frustrating as the bar and lobby area was one of the reasons we booked this hotel.

Great hotel, amazing lobby and bar area. Room was great (larger than expected) and the staff very attentive.

Whilst in a more quiet and stylish part of New York, be prepared to travel a bit more using subway or taxis to get around to the usual places of interest. We had two rooms which were side by side by not connecting. The cost of eating at the restaurant is on the higher side which is usual in New York. There is live music which plays until later evening but was not particularly intrusive.

The reception we received from Billy was exceptionally warm, friendly and helpful which set a great tone and beginning of a magnificent week in New York. The hotel is a stylish, groovy and happening place. The rooms were a good size with very comfy beds.

• Studio King Room

The room was a good size. The location was great for access to the city. The staff was very friendly and helpful. When you stay there make sure to take advantage of what the hotel offers from the cinema and especially Django jazz club.

• Superior King Room

Place needs office center. Foor was not great for the price.

Good on daily room cleaning. Front desk was very good. So was bell hop. Location worked for our purposes: A & 1/2/3 trains.

• Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite

We stayed in the junior suite. But the wall between our room and the nearby rooms are very thin so much so that we could hear noises from the other rooms constantly, like flushing of toilets, dropping of things on the upper floor. Sometimes, these noises happen in the middle of the night which can be very frustrating.

Convenient location which is within walking distance to most of the shopping districts. There are also a lot of good cafes and restaurants in the vicinity. Service staff are always friendly and helpful. Django, the jazz bar in the lower floor is excellent for evening fun.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Property was fine but booking.com failed to correct an issue with the rate being cheaper than booked and customer service completely ignored common sense in dealing with it. Will not book through this site again.

Really liked the decor and the location was convenient to the the 1 line to get where you needed.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Food in the hotel was pricey, even due NYC standards. Wine was very expensive.

Very comfy beds, great location right next to the Subway, very easy walk to awesome SoHo shops.

Noisy rooms - On weekends, the lobby is noisy and can be heard in the room.

Great location. Gorgeous coffee and bar. Excellent service everywhere. Really nice and helpful stuff.

• Superior King Room

The music in the bar was loud and disturbed our sleep. We had only one bathrobe and did not get another one despite for asking.

Location! Service at check-in and check-out was good and fast. Room was nice.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn’t like the constant scratching sound of a small rodent behind the headboard wall in room 507.

The location was great, the food & beverage was awesome, the room was comfortable, and the staff were friendly and responsive.

• Superior King Room

Shouldn’t have to ask for a coffee machine in room, should be there as standard... Should also be two robes in each room not just one!

The goldfish in our room was fun😊

• Superior King Room

We stayed for two nights and on both nights the main bar was closed from 4pm onwards for private events. It didn't open afterwards which was a shame for us as this was one of the nicest features of the hotel and we like to sit up at the bar for a few drinks, so for it to be closed on both occasions was very disappointing. We should have been informed when we booked or prior to arrival. On our second morning we had breakfast in the main bar and some of the staff were a little grumpy. Given the tips that are expected (20-25%) and also the cost of the food - I would expect much better service.

Loved the ambience of the hotel & the location was excellent. We particularly enjoyed the Jazz entertainment on the lower ground floor, it is something we wouldn't normally go too so this was a great experience. We loved the main bar too with lots of seating, really comfortable and cosy.

• Superior King Room

Room wasn’t ready at 4.30pm (check in from 3pm). Toiletries were never replenished. Superior room meant to be carpeted-it wasn’t. Superior room meant to have iron & ironing facilities-it didn’t. Superior room meant to have slippers-it didn’t (tiled bathroom & wooden floors which were cold). Reduced room service menu was down from 11 items to 2 items as it was raining & no staff member wanted to go to the market (that’s what reception told me). The bell hop said it was because the night menu (midnight - 6am is prepared & they just heat it up & run out regularly).

Very comfortable bed

• Standard Room

A little dated and dark. It took 5 minutes of running the taps before hot water appeared

Comfortable room. Quiet by NYC standards. Easily controllable room temperature

• Superior King Room

I like Jazz but it was too nosy in the room. The windows was very dirty and the room was dusty.

The breakfast was excellent,but the hostess didn't know what service is.

• Superior King Room

It has a large " atrium" area , where we had breakfast, which could be a bit cold ( we were there in freezing conditions) , but visually it is impressive !

The location is great for downtown New York ( Tribeca/Soho etc), it has a great Jazz/art Deco feel and the staff were well trained and friendly. The rooms, for New York, are a good size.

• Superior King Room

Too much noice from the different bars/night clubs in the rooms till late. It’s a pitty that all rooms have a direct “contact” with the lobby bars. Staff was sorry, but could not do anything.

Nice atmosphere, nice location, friendly staff

• Standard Room

Life music (can be disturbing if you want to sleep as is quite loud) The air-conditioning/heating way too noisy. The service was cold and uninterested (from the reception to the restaurant). Doorman very nice and friendly with me but he did not even open the door for my friend who came later as she was with a backpack instead of a suitcase. Sunday night we waited for the movie that was announced more than 15 min., someone said that they were running late but as there was no one to give us information we had to give up and go back to our room. Too bad…

Nice hotel, well situated. The room was quite spacious for NY standards. Good life music. Good brunch.

• Superior King Room

Shame no coffee machine in room. Shower ok but not very powerful. Certain areas needed a good clean, especially bathroom. Reception staff ok but not especially interested. Some guests received bubbly on arrival and porter offered to transfer bags to room-we got neither!!

Bar area-great music and free pool table. Very comfy bed. Quiet room-floor 8. Good position although slightly more north of the island (midtown) probably would’ve saved us some walking/time. Took hotel car back to airport-very big and comfortable which was lucky as traffic was so bad it took us over 1hr 30 mins to get to airport!!! 😬

• Superior King Room

Service was a bit slow. Understaffed in my opinion. Also was meant to be music on every night. Of 4 nights I heard music twice. Had construction work going on. Could hear it on two different mornings. When I asked I was told “no u can’t hear that. It’s on the 5th floor”. Well if I didn’t hear it. Why did it waken me up on two different days. How did I know ?? Not what I expect when paying 400+ dollars a night. No apology offered. Which would have been the least I excpected.

Decor was really cool. Coffee was excellent. Drinks and food were good. The door guys billy and all the others were the best I’ve dealt with. Their local knowledge was exceptional with great recommendations.

• Standard Room

Nothing could have been better -- don't change anything

Great location only 7 blocks from the theater where we were going to see a play. Great bar with live jazz jam session - the piano player was cooking! Breakfast was excellent and the room decor was mid century modern :)

Would be good for cinema to be open week nights.

Décor and design are amazing. Beds also very comfortable. Good location for public transport. The Django club and Roxy bar are brilliant for music lovers. Cocktails are also very good.

The bar is great the serving staff in the lounge were un attentive and snooty. We had to track them down and that seemed like a chore to them.

Great location, the Canal Steet subway is right behind the hotel. There are plenty of restaurants/coffee shops close by. The live music was great. Overall a great experience.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was tight for 3 of us and expensive, no tea and coffee making facilities though did provide a kettle when requested

Great location, quirky design, great staff especially bell boys and desk staff

• Superior King Room

Slow internet . Sometimes the concierge for tables would not keep reserved tables even when you arrived early . Waiters & cleaning staff were great but sometimes too busy . Some of the concierge staff were not very welcoming or helpful even though they had seen us before & we stayed a week ! A bit too superior ......... Only thing that let the place down .

We loved the location & decor . The Roxy cinema & Diago Jazz club . The reception and door staff were amazing & loved the champagne on arrival . Loved the Party Atmosphere at the weekends . The New York Lounge area where you could sit all day . Never too loud . Jazz Sunday brunches . The vintage decor & hotel worked really well . Good eating places very close by. Loved Tibeca you could walk everywhere. Good subway stops . Great local places for organic breakfasts . Best coffee in New York at coffee shop ground floor with terrace area outside .

The cool atmosphere and nice vibe. The Django bar, the restaurant and the lobby (common areas). The staff and the breakfast. The location is also great. Couldn't have asked for more. Perfect for three couples looking to have a good time in New York. We had a blast.

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Lobby restaurant/bar staff were not very friendly and service there was so so.

Room was very comfortable and had a view of the World Trade Centre. Door and front desk staff were extremely friendly and helpful

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bed was definitely like a cloud and the pillows were wonderful. Slept like a baby. Waffles bacon and sausage were superb. Your staff were so kind and courteous especially Patrick. The next day he stop us and wanted to know if we had a good time. Very sweet.

• Superior King Room

When booking we requested a quiet room on a high floor with a nice view, we got the 5th floor, no view, and construction going on in the room above us. We were pretty disappointed.

We enjoyed the hip atmosphere and the staff was very friendly. Location was excellent!

• Superior King Room

Nothing to complain about!

The hotel has a vibrant atmosphere. The communal areas are always buzzing. The bar is excellent. The rooms are comfortable - ask for a room high up (the top floor is the 8th) and visit the cinema! The food in the bar is perfect if you are on your own - well prepared and promptly served.

• Superior King Room

Just a little suggestion for daily room cleaning: some stuff that I meant to keep was thrown away as trash. Also the bathtub is getting more and more clogged everyday, after my 5th day I'm almost standing in a pond. Would be good to unclog the bathtub on a daily basis. There was a bit of an issue upon check out but it wasn't the hotel's fault I guess, but the front desk girls are not very patient with my questions unfortunately.

Amazing place with amazing, beautiful vintage-ish decoration. Room is spacious, comfortable and clean. Sound proofing system is great - you can barely hear the music from the lounge once door is closed. Loving the facilities: gym, jazz club, lounge, theater, etc. The boys helping with the door / luggage are super helpful. Also you can order goldfish for your room ;)

A cold reception area, were the people did not seem to mind who was coming in.

Music in the Lobby, brilliant but finished early to catch some sleep. Really cool.

• Superior King Room

We found that service in the lobby bar could be a little snooty but otherwise a great stay!

Jazz hotel in great location. Great jazz bar - The Djanjo, and club - Paul's cocktail bar. Larger than average rooms for NY with very comfy beds. Great location in Tribeca, right next to a main subway stop. The doorman, Billy, is very welcoming

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Air con is noisy, and even if turned off, ventilation and noise persist - you need ear plugs to sleep Twin bed is narrow - not more de 1,40 mts $25 charge for power adapter - if you're coming from outside the USA, you'd better bright your own power adapter... otherwise be prepared to pay $25 because the hotel won't lend you one during your stay

Location is very good Room area is good Front desk was efficient in checkin/checkout

• Superior King Room

There could have been tea and coffee making facilities I. The room. Also the noise from the music was quite loud in the rooms. Finally the air conditioning was particularly noisy.

Like the feel of the hotel and the lounge area

The Roxy is a special hotel and music makes integral part of it which is good. Unfortunatley the hotel installed a kind of white noise system outside room door that is very loudy and anoying. better to have music than white ssshhhhhh noise

Hotel amosphere is fun and differente from usual. Nice bed and location is wonderful. The Roxy team is nice and warm

• Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

No bathroom ventilation meant while taking a shower it would get very stuffy.

Staff are very friendly and accommodating, the rooms are spacious for New York standards and were cleaned well throughout our stay. The hotel is a stroll to SoHo shops and and numerous great restaurants, cafes and bars. The in house bar and lounge area were fantastic as if you didn't feel like venturing out in the evening you could stay in order a wonderful meal and listen to the live band. There is also a great little cafe in the hotel where you can order your morning coffee!

Leaving

The entire experience was incredible. It's like you stepped back into a time capsule but more modern if that makes any sense. This hotel will have your heart there forever! We will definitely return.

Browse The Roxy Hotel Tribeca traveller photo gallery