Reviews of Tropicana Las Vegas a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Resort 4 stars

3801 Las Vegas Boulevard South, Las Vegas Strip, Las Vegas, NV 89109, USA

#116 of 193 hotels in Las Vegas

• Standard King Room

At check in attempted to upgrade to a better room at greater cost . The room needed better insulation from outside noise.

The breakfast buffet was exclellent. Bed was very comfortable. Cleanliness excellent.

• Deluxe King Room - Smoking

Room was very dark. Air refresher give off bad smell. This is one of the hotel on strip which has no theme, no specific decoration. Hotel seems old, the wash hand stand was broken, at least they recompensed by reducing the resort fee and by changin our room.

Location is average. Strictly recommend to add some more budget, then stay in Flamingo or Excalibur.

• Standard King Room

- They charged me twice - WiFi was bad - it takes 5-10 minutes to walk to your room from the lobby

- Loved my room view - Room was big - staff were friendly

• Superior King Room

We stayed here for three nights and really enjoyed it. Check in was easy and quick. After finding our room in the Club Tower (we took a couple of wrong turns) it was very nice, clean and comfortable. I will stay here again.

• Standard King Room

I stayed at the Tropicana Las Vegas for 5 nights on a business trip. My conference was at MGM Grand, so it was very convenient in terms of location. I found the room to be spacious. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was neat and clean. A little bit of the bathroom paint was chipped off, but that was ok with me. Housekeeping was done daily. As part of my stay I got breakfast and wifi included which worked well. Breakfast had many options - from two types of porridge, different types of cereal, an elaborate range of fruit, eggs to order, a variety of cold and hot buffet items, a bakery section, juices, tea and coffee as you preferred. Staff was courteous and helpful. The hotel has a Starbucks in house, along with a shop for essentials, various other little stores, and other dining options as well. This was well suited and I enjoyed my stay here. Great location for using Uber as well.

• King Room with Balcony Pool View

Miss the usual coconut smell and preferred the red pool staff uniforms over the new blue.

Very clean, always friendly staff. A pleasure to stay here as usual. Pool and atmosphere are great.

• Standard King Room

The pool area could have stayed open longer as 5pm seems to early. Distance from casino to rooms was a long walk

Value for money, pool area was very good and well staffed. When arrived a mistake in our booking by others was evident they had us coming a day later the guy sorted the problem without any fuss

• King Room with City View

A lady named Christine at the reception desk: we had misfortune to deal with her during check in and check out. First time she gave us low quality rooms, differ than we booked. Second time she was not able to provide us correct receipts for accommodation.

Perfect location, free parking, huge assortment of fruits at the breakfast. Nice view from the rooms. Near to airport. Special thanks to front desk manager Juan Alvarez for the assistance during check out.

• King Room with Balcony Pool View

Issues with the room as we had booked a King suite with pool view and ended up getting regular King room with view of parking lot. No mini fridge, coffee maker, etc in room. Had to call front desk to ask. Staff were professional, polite and on top of requests immediately after bringing issues to their attention. Room was okay, bed was comfortable. A little more expensive that what it was worth. All in all a good stay.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

I left a message to the cleaning lady that our bathroom Gad problema with the draining system of the shower and they didn’t take care of it

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Roll-In Shower

I'm not sure if this is an issue with Booking.com or the hotel but we raised two requests before we arrived: 1) option for an upgrade - no response but then quizzed with multiple choices when we arrived. Not fun after a 15 hour round trip and talking in a foreign currency. Opted to decline, costing us an upgrade and the hotel more money! 2) option to have joined rooms with friends. Both myself and the other party emailed in and received no direct response, however a third party did receive a response to explain it wasn't possible without consent (even though they had it). The two rooms couldn't have been further away- 7 minutes walk between them. The hotel couldn't have done less if they'd tried.

Excellent location and facilities. Bar tender Don was a real gent.

• Standard King Room

Not worth the money. Hotel like any other but expensive. No coffee maker. Rubbish internet connection for additional chargers which we found out about at the check in. Just one bin. Had to store our rubbish at the desk. View at the car park.

Big swimming pool but didn't have a chance to use it. Casino within hotel downstairs, coffee places, shops, bar. Right at the beginning of Las Vegas Strip just opposite New York New York

• Standard King Room - Disability Access

The rooms were outdated. Paint peeling in the bathrooms, but they were extremely clean. I'll take clean over flashy and new any day!

It is at the beginning (or end) of the street, so most of the casinos are at least a taxi or tram ride. You are by MGM Grand, Excalibur, and NY-NY. I was there for business and didn't leave the property. They have a great wing of the hotel dedicated to the conference areas. They also made sure we were in the tower closest to the conference rooms, which I thought was really convenient. We had dinner at the restaurant inside the hotel, "Robert Irvine's Public House." That was amazing! Check in and check out was extremely easy and overall, very good. It is older, but exceptionally clean rooms.

• Standard King Room

My room was ugly (first floor, facing a ceiling with lots of ducts) and laminate was peeling off the walls around the tub. The walk from the rooms to the front door is too long. Well over half an hour wait to check in.

• Standard King Room

Longest check-in/check-out lines. Lacking in customer service - no compensation when key reservation mistakes made by hotel.

Clean room right on the Vegas strip.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

More drink servers are needed. Air conditioning was lacking in some areas of the casino floor.

The location is great. The staff was friendly and helpful. Casino was clean and well lit.

• Standard King Room

The air conditioner was loud and the room was hot the first night. Some of the things were falling apart, there was a tile on the sink counter just sitting there!

It was in a good location

• Standard King Room

The property was completely understaffed at both check in and check out. My stay occurred during the EDC and it’s as if the hotel had no idea that was going on even though most places were booked solid. They had 3 staff members to check guests in but that meant long lines since it was so busy.

The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Deluxe King Room - Smoking

The resort is outdated; it looks old and weathered, bed wasn't very comfortable, gym was underwhelming, bad selection of table games; no poker at all, poor selection of restaurants, no mini fridge in rooms, charges exorbitant amounts for routine services

Location is great, pool is pretty good

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Roll-In Shower

I wish the pool were open later; closing at 5 was a bit of a buzzkill

I appreciated that the casino was actually smaller than most, which means we could move through the hotel that much easier.

I didn't like that we were asked to leave even though we weren't completely finished with our breakfast yet we felt rushed. For that amount of money for a buffet breakfast only seems like a bit much. Our second day in Vegas we ended up going to a different hotel for brunch. Maybe consider having a brunch menu instead of just breakfast.

• Standard King Room

The room wasn't really what i expected it was old and there was no air vent in the bathroom and our view was a parking lot. There were bright lights right underneath our winder that with even the shutters closed it shined through bright! I just wasn't happy with the quality of the room.

The staff was very welcoming and helpful

• Standard King Room

The person at the front desk tried to fast talk me into upgrading my room and charging me for it. They seemed to randomly add a mini fridge to the room. The a/c never got to the temp it was set at.

The casino floor was pretty nice. The location is at the end of the strip, but still good. The room was adequate, for being one of the cheapest options on the strip.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

We were able to check in early, and as a result the bathroom floor was not quite dry. The rooms need to have a map of the hotel facilities; we had trouble finding the restaurant for breakfast until a hotel employee graciously led us there. I also had trouble discovering how to use the tv checkout. The room was noisy (14th floor ) and the sheets smelled strongly of bleach. These should be easy problems to fix.

The rooms were spacious and clean. The breakfast restaurant was very good - especially in the area of lighter fare.

• Standard King Room

The room was very clean and yet the non smoking room still had the smell of smoke.

We loved the customer service at the front desk and how friendly the staff was.

• King Room - Hearing Accessible

The smoke inside almost killed me! I wish there were fridges and coffee makers in the rooms.

Old school charm with modern amenities, friendly staff, and a nice pool.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Some fixtures in the room were damaged. The operating blackjack tables were always full and no one bothered to address this so more people could gamble. This caused me to go elsewhere. Big miss for Tropicana. There should always be at least one table with open seats.

I like that this hotel is very close to many other bigger casinos but doesn’t suffer from overcrowding like some of the other (like MGM)

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Check in took so long. Only one person at the desk. There were others on the other side whom stood and helped others whilst there was a line up trying to check in & out. Once at the counter though the process was fast. No mini fridge to keep any drinks or foods cold.

I loved the warm cookies at check in. Easy access to and from airport. Location was good at the start of the strip so still a little quiet. Easy to get to the MGM mono rail to cruise down the strip. Hotel is very clean and our room was a generous size with a comfy bed.

• Standard King Room

Everything...gave us a horrible handicap room, no disrespect but were not handicap...with no towels equivalent for all parties...price/TAXES was RIDICULOUS...

Valet was good

• Standard King Room

No cable or WiFi second night. No hot water and power first morning. No explanation other than someone else’s fault. Disappointed with how front desk handled the conversation.

Breakfast, casino and location.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The room I had reserved was not available upon checking in and so I had to stay in another that was not what I wanted, the internet and tv were not working for one day and night, and the staff was not very helpful or accommodating.

The pool was very nice, the room was a good size, and the service staff were great. The casino itself is small, but clean and bright.

• Standard King Room

I didn't like that I had to walk for a long distance everyday. I was in the Tower Block. The room looked like it needed refurbishment. One day they blocked my access key into the room so I had to do the long walk twice to sort it out and call the security. The Concierge wasn't very helpful. Excessively expensive for what it was offered.

Apart from the bedding, I didn't like anything else.

• Standard King Room

There a was a line of 10 people at the checkin with only one registration desk working. And it took that guy 15-20 minutes to checkin one guest. I simply don't understand why a hotel like this can't afford 1 or 2 more people on registration desk and makes it's guest waiting for more than an hour in lobby with smell of cigarettes?

Cookie at the check in

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

That everything smelled like smoke I forgot you can smoke in casinos I get it but bleck!!

I liked everything was so conveniently located and I traveled with my elderly mother and anything she wanted they accommodated

• Standard King Room

The receptionist when we arrived seemed very confused about our arrival 'a day late' - we actually arrived just after midnight (an hour later than expected). They therefore had given our room away and put us in a smoking room. They did give us an upgrade and change our room the next day. They also have been holding 'security' money from our account for almost 2 weeks after we've checked out.

Perfect location for a trip to Vegas, right opposite the MGM. Rooms were very spacious.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

We arrived just after 2 and were advised our room was not ready (official check in is at 3), we waited in a friends room and were advised that we would be contacted when our room was ready. We rang again after 3 and were told that the room would be another hour which was unacceptable. When we eventually got to our room it was unimpressive, looked like it needed redecorating, furniture was scratched and all in all it just seemed old and tired. The lack of complimentary slippers and towelling robes (as in other hotels at this price) was disappointing. Definitely not value for money in comparison to other hotels in Vegas

The Bacio breakfast restaurant was fantastic, food was excellent and the staff were very friendly. The Robert Irving restaurant was also very good.

• Standard King Room

The staff could have been a little more helpful. I requested to be close to an elevator because I’m having difficulty walking long distances. I was close to an elevator but in the tower building. Too much walking.

Being a Hilton Honnors member for a long time I realize the complexity of running a hotel such as this. Everything was acceptable. All in all my rating would be a solid 7-8.

• Standard King Room

The long walk to the club tower is a killer! Some gluten-free bread & cereals would be good (I indicated in advance that I'm celiac). A bit of advertising for the hotel's attractions would be useful - we found out after we left about the Mob Experience. TV didn't work on our first night there and after 3 calls to front desk and one hour had elapsed, we gave up; it was fixed the next day, but caused initial frustration.

Breakfast was phenomenal! Such a range of excellent food, brilliantly presented. Great location, luxury top quality hotel.

• Standard King Room

Not particularly close to the airport or the bus stations. The pre-autorization arrived many weeks before my arrival. When booking the room breakfeast was included, but I was charged 22 U$ for it. No frigo, which was a small surprise.

At the end of Vegas' main strip, one step only from MGM, Dellano, Mandalay Bay and major shows, what makes for unforgettable city view. A well-endowed place with the cassino swiftly placed before the rooms' entrance and besides lovely restaurants. Comfortable bed in an all-around room. Excellent toaletry. I also enjoyed the pool.

The advertisements said that there should have been 2 complementary water bottles, and we didn't have those in our room.

The staff was friendly and everything was good for a one night stay.

Staff was rude, was giving wrong information to extend stay and over charged. Had to call IT to reset WiFi in the room in order for phones to connect. Big hassle to spend time in the phone while on vacation with only limited time. Tried ordering food at the market place but was ignored by staff and then had to ask to place an order after standing in the wrong area for several minutes I was asked to go to the end of the line while the line formed after standing there and no one acknowledged me. Very dissatisfied

Hotel was very nice and clean

• Standard King Room

Self parking walk was long from lobby. Walk from lobby to room was too long They gave room with phone not working Had to move to another room, wait for 40 mins for new room key. New room was stinking of smoke though we wanted non smoking.

Nothing much but the location and bath

• Standard King Room - Disability Access

Smoky casino, cost of coffee ($4.00 for a plain black coffee!). Hidden fees raise the room rate nearly 50% (same same applies to all the LV hotels)

Large room, plenty of free parking.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

There wasn't a microwave or a fridge in the room. The lighting was terrible. It was impossible to do my makeup without having my phone flashlight on.

The room was very comfortable. We didn't have to pay for parking and it was right on the strip.

• Standard King Room

The bathroom had grout cracks by the tub and toilet. We paid for $40 resort fees and the more than half the pool was closed and no lounge chairs available.

The beds were comfortable and clean.

• Standard King Room

We ate at the buffet and spent over 50 dollars and the food was not that good, very little fruit not much sweets,it's much cheaper at the luxur with a lot more food to pick.

We like everything except the buffet.

• Standard King Room

There was scotch tape on the walls in the bathroom, nice big bathtub that couldn't be used as there was no stopper, no coffee in room, or fridge, room was dusty, bed sagged in the middle and creaked all night. Water pressure very low, water temp in shower wouldn't stay consistent. If I'd paid $50 it would be okay but $130 for that was just terrible.

Nice windows that opened, good view, nice staff

They did not have my reservation on file when I showed up. They also double charged me when I got home and had to go through my bank to get my money back.

The staff was as helpful as they could be trying to get us a room.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Even on a high floor, it was a bit noisy from the traffic below, especially sirens from emergency vehicles - but since I had asked for nice views of The Strip I can't really complain. And there were indoor window shutters that would dampen the sound a bit.

Nice and clean. Very pleasant spacious corner room on the 17th floor with great views of The Strip. Smoke from the casino not pervasive when checking in at lobby level (which I had experienced a few days prior at another competitor's hotel next door).

• Deluxe King Room - Smoking

Made multiple requests to check in early as our flight arrived at 8:30AM and we had been traveling all night. We attempted to check in multiple times starting at 9am, were told to try again at 12:30. Tried at 12:30 and at 1, 1:30, 2:00 and were then told we'd be lucky if we got to check in at 3pm which is the actual check in time. Did not get into our room until 3:15pm and the extra towels I had requested were also not provided. Told several times that there was only one room that fit my reservation yet it didn't get cleaned until after normal check in time. Very frustrating since our trip was so short. Communication would have been nice, and no apologies were made/attempts to make the situation better. Disappointing.

Bed was nice location was good

• Standard King Room

The staff at the front desk didn't ask about my HHonors Status, didn't even offer to give me signature cookies. The whole place is like a maze.

Good location.

• King Room with Balcony

The room was soo out dated. Our view of the garden was just a view of the ramp out back. The drawers in the dresser didn't stay closed.there was no refrigerator. No coffee pot. Looked nothing lije the pics on the websight so was a big disappointment. It was 80° outside and our room didn't have working AC and when we called they said there was nothing they could do but bring us a fan. It took them 2 hours to bring the fan by that time it was 1 in the morning. Over all it wasn't a great exsperiance and not worth the money we paid for the 2 nights

The acual location of the hotel was great

• Deluxe King Room - Smoking

When we entered the hotel we felt only cigarettes' smoke. The water pressure in the shower was too high - water hits your body like pins. No fridge, no kettle.

Nice clean room, nice view

• King Room with Balcony

Staff weren't very helpful for a tourist destination and they just seemed generally disinterested with the exception of the housekeeping staff, they were great. Internet kept dropping out and was only available in the rooms, pool was closed as well but still paid full resort fee.

Room was huge and the buffet dinner was really good.

• King Room with City View

We got a King Room with view of the strip....But that didn't specify that it was the back end of the strip with two hotels. Also - the location wasn't the greatest. We were at the very end of the strip which called for 10+ mile walks daily or paying for transportation. The room did not have a refrigerator.

The bed was extra comfortable and the bathroom layout was great! The store was open 24/7 and the hotel was calm and quiet.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

the internet connection is terrible, you need to reconnect every 24 hours. the air conditioning is very loud. They promised to give a discount and don't charge the resort fee during checkin, however they still charged it during checkout.

• Standard King Room

I didnt like that wifi was terrible! It works for free only 24 hours and then they trying to make me pay for it it is a fraud i think in 2018 charge money for internet

Location was good and clean place

• Standard King Room

No coffee in room! The staff threw away the soaps every day and replaced them which was unnecessary as we stayed for 3 days.

Central position to the Strip. Great breakfast at Savor Buffet.

• Standard King Room

It is time to renovate the hotel. The carpet looks like is from 1970-s :)) In the casino there are only old people, and the wifi coverage is very bad.

hotel staff is friendly

• Standard King Room

Rooms are outdated. We booked a room with a king bed, but were given a room with 2 queen beds... We were offered to switch rooms after the 1st night, but because of the hassle we did not opt for this. We were disappointed that although we booked a king room, we did not receive the correct room upon arrival.

Great location close to the airport and on the LV strip.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

A bit of confusion between front desk and buffet breakfast regarding age of children allowed for the included breakfast. Our room was booked for two adults and two children and included breakfast. Children were 8 & 12, which front desk said was included for breakfast, however at breakfast they said children were up to 10 only.

• Standard King Room

Hotel in itself. Walk to room was longer then the walk to Excalibur, the casino was entirely too small and the slots were very tight. Vegas is my second home, but I wouldn't stay here again!!

• Deluxe King Room - Smoking

The front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating! We had a rough start to our vacation and was a little frazzled by the time we arrived! The male clerk was so calm and friendly and helpful that we immediately felt at ease. The cookies were a quick energizer until we could get to dinner.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Had to walk thru the casino to no matter which tower (whether closer or quarter mile away). The casino smells like smoke and just walking thru was enough to get that smell in your hair. :(

Water pressure in the shower was excellent.

• Standard King Room

No dislikes about the Tropicana.

The room was bright and comfortable. The bed gave us a good nights sleep. The property is located great for what we wanted to do while in Las Vegas. Casino is smaller than others in Vegas but is clean and a great variety of games to play. The hotel staff are very friendly and helpful. Restaurants offer great dinning selection at a good price. I have recommended the Tropicana to friends and family.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Deluxe

The bathtub water fixture was loose and it would make a loud noise whenever someone in the next room would take a bath. I notify the staff about the problem.

Rooms were very clean, quiet, and enjoyed our stay. We will stay at this hotel again. Liked the free parking and location of hotel was very good.

• Standard King Room

First room I had air was not working refrigerator didn't work second room upgrade toilet didn't work didn't clean room enough otherwise okay food made me sick at the buffet other places past good

• Standard King Room

The chairs for the desk in the room could’ve been a little higher to reach the table. I sat in it and literally had to get the pillow off my bed and fold in half just to be high enough to reach the table and I’m not even that short for a woman (5’5).

• Superior King Room

I made three calls to your reservations staff requesting to be sent a secured link so I could pay in advance. Despite this, I never received it and had to wait in a very long line twice to check in. I found the staff very unhelpful.

Location and value

• King Room with Balcony

I paid a lot of money at this hotel and had a room with absolutely no view. Ground floor and a 6’ solid fence 4’ outside from the sliding patio door. The hotel would not change it. I am not happy at all, I will never ever stay there again!

Nothing really.

• Deluxe Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Smoking

We were on the 10th floor, the windows open with no screen or security!!! Be aware with kids!!! The pool was closed and it was so warm. Expensive. When we checked in, they couldn't find our booking. When they did, they had our booking for 3 rooms and not 2!

The room was nice but we were in the other building so it was quite the hike to the main entrance. Gym is nice overlooking the pool.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Basic resort facilities and not much in the way of ambience

Certainly not high end but rooms clean and comfortable. Lacking the attractions of some of the other resorts but good considering the price

• Standard King Room

The rooms were outdated. They all have alarm clock with docking stations for iphones from 2010. It is almost 2018! There is no fan in the bathroom either which was annoying.

This hotel has two towers. One is right on the strip and one is about a half mile away through an indoor walkway. We had to walk that distance everytime we wanted to go down to the casino. Technically since it was the same building it is on the strip, but it is more like a half mile off of the strip, if you stay in the tower we did. And it is a half mile from the casino itself, the atm, the restaurants etc.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The room I stayed in needs to be updated. The carpet was stained and there was a once inch gap under the connecting door.

I was at a conference there and liked the proximity. The parking is great and free. Check in and check out were effortless.

• Standard King Room

The Wi-Fi could have been better, sometimes it was very slow inside the room.

Very good location, the room was super clean and quiet, comfortable bed and hot shower.

Browse Tropicana Las Vegas a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel and Resort traveller photo gallery