Reviews of Trump International Beach Resort 4 stars

18001 Collins Avenue, Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160, USA

#8 of 37 hotels in Sunny Isles Beach

• Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds and Bay View

Huge room with nice balcony. The hotel is of awesome quality, staff very friendly and skilled. Breakfast buffet was splendid and the beach in front of the hotel is perfect!

• Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds and Bay View

The price you pay does not include use of any of the facilities. You are charged an additional fee per day for use of the pool and beach facilities. Be careful not to pick a movie on the TV channel. You will pay about R350 to download a movie (10 times more than I would pay at home in a cinema)!!

It is a beautiful hotel with prime location. Staff were friendly, helpful and professional.

• Deluxe Studio with Two Queen Beds and Bay View

Service people at the beach (towels service) is very bad except for one guy with curly hair. Never say “thank you” or greet you. When you ask for a towel they look at you like you owe them a million dollar. Worst service at the beach WiFi: it’s very inconvient to re register every day to keep your WiFi connected. Please make once for the duration of stay

• Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds and Bay View

It was mother’s day weekend, we had a reservation for 3 adults and one child and I was not aware nor I knew that I was going to have a hard time inviting my other daughter that was spending the day with me. I understand that you pay resort fees and should accommodate your guess first, although I was only asking for one additional person. I felt uncomfortable about this. In overall, the experience and facility were great!

• Deluxe Studio with Two Queen Beds and Ocean View

The resort did not tell us that there is major construction Happening next door. It was mega loud and irritating to pay $450 per night and listen to that with my morning coffee.

• Junior Suite with Ocean View

The valet attendant upon checkout was rude to my wife while I was inside checking out.

Nice hotel on the beach. The staff was excellent and very polite.

• Junior Suite with Ocean View

I have asked for comforter for sleeping sofa and waited 2 days to get it, my son had to sleep with towels as a cover. When i kept calling they told me in its on they way but it took 2 days. They never apologized and stated " I dont why they are not bringing comforter". What kind of answer is that? Elevators are nightmare it took minimum of 20 to 30 minutes to go down. There is no ramp upfront which is illegal by the way. How can you not provide ramp upfront for handicapped and strollers. We kept carrying stroller nonstop when going out. If you are planning to go with child in stroller by yourself think twice because nobody will help you with stroller. I have infant so i couldn't go down without my husband taking stroller down. Also elevators to go to the beach were broken which happens sometimes but at least have somebody to help with stroller. I was with 2 kids and when I asked for help the lady said sorry you have to carry stroller down. I have an infant in very heavy stroller and it was physically impossible to that. There is a lot of stairs and it would be too dangerous by myself. Mattress in our room was horrible not to mention sleeper sofa. They need to remodel rooms and get new mattresses. We travel all the time and never had such a bad experience before. I went to spa for a day since it was my birthday and facial was good but massage would be good if the lady wouldn't check her phone every couple minutes. The y charge a lot for massage but it is not worth it. I was trying to relax but you can't really do that if the person stops your massage every couple minutes to check her phone. Out of 50 minutes message at least 10 times she checked her phone. Absolutely horrible. I will never go back to this hotel. The only good thing is that is ocean front and you have restaurants across the street.

Only location nothing else. Absolutely horrible ecperience.

• Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds and Bay View

At check out three guys standing by the main door and no one help us with our luggage Room air condition broken and I called to fix at midnight and they do a mess So expensive compare to service

Cleans and comfort

• Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds and Bay View

Great location and view from our room on 28th floor was awesome. But in general the property felt tired and dated décor wise especially given the price. The front desk staff were exceptionally helpful however.

• Deluxe Studio with Two Queen Beds and Bay View

The pool was not heated enough, everybody was having a hard time getting in, even on a hot day.

Beautiful hotel and premises, luxurious pool and beach, very big room and super comfy beds, good service

• Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds and Ocean View

Facility could have been picked up more. Fencing was down, tennis court wasn't set up, whirlpool did not work. Entrance was busy with tree trimming

• Deluxe Studio with Two Queen Beds and Ocean View

There is a heavy reconstruction running just next to the hotel - you hear excavators all day long ! Very bad room service, sometimes forget to clean at all. Also terrible organization of valet parking, you wait and wait and ones they even bring different car. Do not eat on the beach bar please, you wait ages for food.

• Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds and Ocean View

The swimming pool staff could be a bit more proactive. The Jacuzzi had excess of chlorine and chemicals.

Amazing sea view from the room with with big panoramic windows. That makes the hotel special. Very nice rooms, swimming poll and a great beach. The valet parking and the concierge staff were very friendly. Great room service. Very nice spa.

• Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds and Bay View

If you need or want lunch in the hotel and is cold, is not confortable eat in the lobby. The restaurant is closed at lunch time.

The room is very nice

• Deluxe Studio with Two Queen Beds and Ocean View

No live entertainment. Lobby bar and restaurant were dull and low class. Food at the lobby restaurant was awful. Stairs at main entrance made carrying luggage a real problem.

Staff was really friendly and extremely helpful.

• Junior Suite with Ocean View

People would occupy the pool chairs and leave their personal stuff and leave. Could never find chairs at the pool.

The staff was amazing and friendly and so accommodating. The beach was wonderful and the service was amazing.

• Junior Suite with Ocean View

this was a tired, dirty, old, 1950's hotel that could have been in Havana or Las Vegas but it was on a beautiful beach with a run down hotel and staff who could have cared less

• Junior Suite with Bay View

The hotel has lost a bit of its first class status in the last few years. We have stayed there every vacation for the last 13 years and the service has changed. The management is not as accommodating or attentive as it once was and the amenities have been cut back considerably. We were told we had VIP status but we were not treated as such. May have second thoughts about next year. I hate saying that. We were a bit disappointed when we left.

Love the pool, the room, the whole area.

• Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds and Ocean View

The valet service was unprofessional. It was not child friendly as stated on the website. 75% of the pictures on the website include a large for the wonderful however this pool was closed for renovation. The surrounding facilities were dingy. There were a lot of waves and rip current advisory therefore nothing much to do with the family. I ended up checking out early

The food was good. The room was comfortable. The bathroom was clean. Location is ideal.

• Deluxe Studio with Two Queen Beds and Ocean View

the beach service was as usually very good. in comparison with my stays in this hotel during last 4 years range of service in reception fall very low. On the second day of my stay I informed the reception desk, that from my room was disappeared (stollen) my favourite and not cheap shirt. Then I remember about it each day. Only promises head I as answer. Nothing was done. On the last day I received the final account and paid it and leave hotel. But on the next day I received information from my bank that dieses hotel written of from my card about 200 USD. O.K. all of us are people, we can forget anything, but hotel didn't send me the correction of the final account. The are higher than we. This hotel was the best of hotels of me. And this changes are made of me and my wife very negative. I think, there is no new owner as good as was.

• Deluxe Studio with Two Queen Beds and Bay View

The food in the outside bar is no very good the Asian restaurant is very good

Big room clean very good service all the personal very friendly and courtesy

• Deluxe Studio with Two Queen Beds and Ocean View

I would say restaurants and hotel are a bit overpriced!

Excellent location! I love to stay at Trumps hotel. The most satisfying things about this hotel are their location, ocean view front, kids club and 2 big pools. This is a great place for weekend gateway with a family

• Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds and Ocean View

The amenities where great, the staff was very friendly, prompt & professional. The beds have great mattress & pillows and the food outstanding. There was everything you could think of in our Deluxe room, mini bar, mirowave, iron & ironing board, Trump Robs & slippers. There's even an umbrella. Definitely on the top of the list.

• Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds and Ocean View

We book 2 rooms 3 months in advance, we wanted to be in the same floor at least. With ocean view, I paid both reservations with my card , And we got different floors 17 and 26. It was a big inconvenient since I traveled with my parents and my kids to be so far away since they needed my supervision. The next day they moved us to the same floor but it was not door to door. I had to ask to speak to a supervisor to solve this matter. Also the pool area closed at midnight, You can't enjoy the wonderful view from the pool just to walk around the resort and get some fresh air, and see the beautiful moon,not good. Also no night life, no bar, no music, no dancing, I got bored, had to go outside for fun.

The Hotel is beautiful, we loved the beach

• Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds and Bay View

When checking in they charged us again for the resort fee, which Booking.com stated they charged us. The person at check in was not personable at all. Which surprised me. She memorized lines to say, but not human at all with no emotion. The rooms I thought would have a more of a wow factor and the sink had a crack and the granite was also stained.

The pool and beach are wonderful. The restaurant outside on the beach was fantastic.

• Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds and Ocean View

Too crowded. Queue for breakfast, never have chairs available on the swimming pool. Queue for elevators. Average cleanliness.

Family friend, good location. Great room service.

• Deluxe Studio with Two Queen Beds and Ocean View

Meal prices are expensive and do not invite you to consume. Service at the beach for drinks and snacks difficult too obtain it

Facities for kids all are excellent

Everything was perfect.

The constant professionalism of the staff from the valet to the, guest relations staff and the cleaning staff. The cleanliness of the hotel in the room was spectacular. The view the best I've ever seen of the beach.

• Junior Suite with Ocean View

The valet damaged my cup holder and then told me they had no evidence that any of their drivers touched my cup holder area as if they had cameras in my vehicle. Then the manager claimed he would have security come talk to me regarding the issue but they never did. They work for the hotel and are the only ones reviewing the video why would they tell the truth? So that they would have to pay for the repairs. Then the valet manager claimed he would waive the valet fee and resort fee, but you guessed it none of that happened.

Bed was great. The food was excellent. The hotel was very clean and nice. The staff was wonderful.

• Deluxe Studio with Two Queen Beds and Ocean View

Every thing in the hotel is great the location the facility the rooms the beach is just down stairs the pool, every other thing is just great

Every thing in the hotel was excellent and this is my second stay in it. There is just few things that I experience like when managing the booking at the front disk they ask us to pay thousand dollars as a security deposit, five star hotels in the world won't take this kind of money as deposit and this hotel is only four stars, instead of giving thousand dollar as deposit I would spent that money for my trip. Also in the final billing on chick out the charge us things that its not right like movie that I didn't even watch tv , and some donations for schools or what ever , and when they first see you they smile but if you argue with the money they want to take from you the face change the the behavior too.

• Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds and Bay View

Design of the common areas and access to the beach is too complicated and it lacks ease of access. Additionally, the elevator hallway is too narrow so it is always difficult to get in and out of the elevators.

• Deluxe Studio with Two Queen Beds and Ocean View

The beach service could be better, people there were not friendly. We had broken safe in the room, asked concierge to fix it, twice, nobody came, we just left it as is, decided not to bother

the beach was excellent. The pool also. The room was comfortable and very clean. We got upgraded rooms with excellent view

• Deluxe Studio with Two Queen Beds and Bay View

Your visitors can't come in the pool or beach if they don't stay there. My family that lived by had to walk around the resort to the beach. Super embarrassing and horrible for the price you pay. But they do let them park at the resort for $15 but they can't be with you. What's the point. I have been staying in Sunny Isles for over 35 years and never experienced this embarrassing moment. Horrible service at guest services and management too. The showers in the room would get burning hot. Be careful if you have kids. The air conditioner would freeze. They had to come twice to repair. I will never stay here again!

Comfortable

• Deluxe Studio with Two Queen Beds and Bay View

The in-ceiling A/C started leaking water during the night. A pool of water was formed on the marble floor in front of the bathroom. At 5:00am, in the dark, I was walking to the bathroom, I slipped in that pool of water and hit the floor hard, on my hip. It is still very sore. I made a report with Guest Services and Security. I hope it heals satisfactorily.

The room was comfortable

• Deluxe Studio with Two Queen Beds and Bay View

The service at the beach and by the pool was very poor. The waiters were slow and not very friendly. We waited for 45 minutes before we were attended and I had to ask 3 times to send someone so I can order drinks and food by the beach. It was not any better by the pool. The service was very disappointing.

It was very clean and the view from the room was beautiful. The beach was clean!!

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Deluxe Studio with Two Queen Beds and Bay View

Housekeeper repeatedly tried to open door to my room at 9:30 PM. She just used the master key to unlock it and enter. Luckily I had the swing lock closed.

Nice location

• Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds and Ocean View

We had a room for 3 people but everything in the room was only for 2 people (towels, robes etc...) Had to call 3 times and waited a good 2 hours just to get a clean towel Beach service attendants didn't want to set up a chair and umbrella Just told me to use one that was that was already set up which was full of sand and dirty towels Getting your car from valet takes a very long time

Location is great Clean

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• Deluxe Studio with Two Queen Beds and Ocean View

If you want a hotel on the beach it's perfect but if you want anything else the location is quite isolated. There are other hotels about but not much else within walking distance.

The room was lovely - tastefully furnished and clean. If you want a hotel on the beach it's perfect.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

• Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds and Bay View

Put your towel out early for a lounger around the pool. Chaotic ballet parking. Give them plenty of time to find your car and inspect it for damage!

Large very comfortable rooms. Excellent restaurant

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Junior Suite with Ocean View

Overpriced everything!!!If you are filthy rich and money is no object stay here....I was charged $300.00 for parking but had no car!I had to argue with hotel management to have the bogus parking charges removed.They then added a $50.00 mini fridge charge even though we did not consume any of the hotels overpriced snacks!We were charges a $1.00 charity hospital charge without being asked if we wanted to donate! Also expect to pay $30.00 each per day for beach and pool towels and resort fee.If guests visit they are not allowed even to sit near the pool areas and must pay parking!!! The second night the room next to ours was rented to loud partying pot smokers who kept us awake all night long.Our room smelled like a toga party, like they were in our room with and the walls are thin! When calling the front desk they asked if WE wanted to move??? We were there first and it was after 3:00am...They should have moved the pot smokers or since it's advertised as non smoking,thrown them out! A very nice hotel with an egotistical manager who was condesending and spoiled our stay

Beautiful pools and beach, comfortable beds

• Deluxe Studio with Two Queen Beds and Ocean View

I paid almost $25 resort fee daily and was charged additional $30/ day for my car to be parked. I didn't know that up front. I still had a great weekend at the resort with my children.

The room was very clean, nicely decorated and the view from the balcony was just incredible! I live in an area with great beaches and to stay oceanfront is a real treat for me once in a while. The bed was so comfy I could have spent the entire weekend in it. Staff was very accommodating and pleasant.

• Deluxe Studio with Two Queen Beds and Ocean View

Could be better maintained. Room service was below average for a "luxury" hotel. Door lock was not working and despite multiple complaints nothing was done, same with the non working coffee machine in the room or the lack of coffee cups in the room. Beach was dirty, no one was keeping order at the pools where rude guests were misbehaving, littering, washing their shoes in the water! Last but not least, alcohol was being sold to clearly underage kids (16-18 years tops)...curious that this illegal practice was taking place at our President's hotel

• Reviewed: 3 February 2017

• Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds and Bay View

We Arrived tired & hungry-Raining, 52F - cold. Martina in Fusion Lounge greeted us & gently brought us back to life w/smiles! Thanks! In the AM it was sunny & 70's F. The good life!

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

• Deluxe Studio with Two Queen Beds and Ocean View

Breakfast was too expensive. There were a few below average staff in the restaurants.

Service in all the facilities was very good and there are some superstar staff there (unfortunately, there are some poor staff too.)

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

• Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds and Bay View

The staff was rude, food was very dismal, bed was uncomfortable, bathroom was literally the worst ever for this caliber hotel, elevators are outdated and took 10 mins to get to lobby, lighting in room was very poor - hard to work at night. This is NOT rated correctly on your site. I was scammed. Very unhappy. May not use booking.com again due to being misled and will be telling my employees the same.

My balcony was only thing I liked

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

• Deluxe Studio with Two Queen Beds and Ocean View

Staff at reception is not friendly and helpfull enough for such level resort. Bartender at the pool is horrible, makes undrinkable things.

Room was spacious. View was fair at ocean front.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2017

• Deluxe Studio with Two Queen Beds and Ocean View

Blocked toilet and shower. Previous guest broke glass in bathroom and cleaners didn't clean probably before we entered. Glass in foot had to wear shoes in bathroom for whole stay.

Beachfront location. Breakfast buffet. Pool.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

• Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds and Bay View

Valet parking $30 is talking the Mick!

One of the best Hotels we have stayed in, service, smiles and style. You only get what you pay for in this life!

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

• Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds and Bay View

I did not like the service here. I was once at the pool side and asked for assistance at the jacuzzi. The assistance was denied to me. They treat people very rudely and racist !!! I felt like minorities did not have any service what so ever !!! This was horrible and ruined my vacation. I will not be coming back.

The scenery was very nice and elegant.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Weather!

The staff was the best ever. I've stayed at many resorts and hotels, but the staff and how they treat the guests was the best I've ever experienced.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

• Junior Suite with Bay View

The water from the bath was green !!! not really clean for this kind of hotel !!! When i ask the staff to book a trendy restaurant all they propose me was to eat inside the restaurant so i gave up and we order room service

The confort of the bed The proximity to the beach

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Deluxe Studio with Two Queen Beds and Ocean View

The price was not the same as Booking .com Booking.com price was US $867.30 (for 3 nights) however the Trump hotel charged US $ 1054.87. Furthermore, the hotel charged additional US $ 268.99 on several fees such as: room change, room tax; daily resort fees hospital donation and sales state tax.

Breakfast was excellent.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

• Deluxe Studio with Two Queen Beds and Bay View

It was my daughter's bday weekend and couldn't have any family visiting during the day. They were not allowed to even access the beach through the hotel. Would probably not book again unless it was just me and the husband.

Loved the pool - very relaxing. Also very spacious rooms. Bed was a bit stiff but I'm very picky when it comes to bedding. Everything was very clean and inviting.

• Deluxe Studio with Two Queen Beds and Bay View

The service and level of communication was perfect. All staff was on the same page to insure all of our needs and wants were met. I was very impressed.

• Junior Suite with Ocean View

I know it was a busy weekend (labor weekend), but the hotel should have been prepapred for this.. Instead there were a lot of staff delays, long waits to get the bands before hiting the pool/beach every day, bell boy delays, etc.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• Deluxe Studio with Two Queen Beds and Ocean View

My room did not get cleaned up until after 7pm on one of the days. I had to call housekeeping twice! That was frustrating to come back from the beach with no clean towels for showering.

The room was spacious. The resort was very clean!

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds and Ocean View

The fact that upon arrival we were assigned to a gorgeous room that unfortunately only had one bed when we required originally a double bed room. Although the concierge was very nice when we were given our new room it seemed like a big downgrade. So it was a bit disappointing

The view from the room was great and we really enjoyed the pool

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• Deluxe Studio with Two Queen Beds and Bay View

The bad and pillows were like a cloud! Loved everything about the place. Great staff, great service. Stayed at many great hotels in the area, year after year. First time in this hotel. It's the best! Will come again next year.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• Deluxe Studio with Two Queen Beds and Bay View

hotel room 2017 may need a little work, shower drain clogged up, wall paper peeling a little by shower, floor tiles chipped in spots. The hotel was very prompt at clearing the drain. Just need maintenance to go through and be a detail oriented and fix small stuff. Don't understand a service charge to eat at a grill/restaurant? Is this an inconvenience fee due to me choosing to eat at an establishment? If you need to make more money just up the food prices instead of nickel and dimeing patrons. That is an observation of a few dining establishments in the area. Thin walls and doors that access adjacent room makes rooms noisy. We had VERY loud neighbours! They were out of control drunk parting, ratchet in every description. But the hotel did move us to another room and the bell hop sent security to the room. I don't know how that turned out.... Now after I have said all that bad stuff. I LOVED my stay here due to the staff(they really are that good), the covenant location(beach, banks,eateries,mall), and beautiful hotel.

Nice staff, very accommodating, very friendly and helpful. A very nice hotel and resort!

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Deluxe Studio with Two Queen Beds and Bay View

The service at the beach is terrible . At the room they has change my towel and forgot to put a fresh one , so I had no towels all night . Also check in was late at 5pm instead of 4pm , and a lot more , for $400 a night I expect more !

Everything else!

• Reviewed: 15 July 2016

• Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds and Bay View

Beds and pillows are not that comfortable

The hotel is in a great location and the beach is outstanding. Hotel is clean and the staff friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds and Bay View

The hotel is a pricey hotel so I was a little surprised to find people staying there for free or very little money because they were attending seminar to purchase one of Trump's residences. This quality of people was much lower than I would have expected at this type of resort.

The staff was amazing! Very accomodating for whatever our needs were.

• Deluxe Studio with Two Queen Beds and Bay View

Because the broke my car

Valet parking manajer so sad

• Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds and Bay View

Room a bit dated with cracks in marble and old AC controller. Not deal breaker

Great hotel, clean fully stocked large room with balcony on 28th floor

Everything was great!

• Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds and Bay View

They painted the balcony on the last day of the stay which messed up the day

The beach was great

• Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds and Bay View

The pool do not have heater.it was cery coold ,the elevators in the pool was out of service so i can not go to the beach because i had a stroler.

Sum up in one word,” AMAZING “

No complaint .

The property met our expectations . Staff members very polite and very efficient . Good location .

Feels a little tired.

It is more of a family time share than luxury property. Individually owned rooms were not fully furnished.

Restaurant & Lobby Bar might be of better quality

Location, excellent staff, pool

It was free

The free upgrade

• Deluxe Room with Two Queen Beds and Ocean View

Old furniture in room, fruit flys in the lounge , no music in lobby lounge , needs updates

Beautiful location

• Deluxe Studio with Two Queen Beds and Ocean View

There is a construction next to the hotel and very noisy

Too much AC!

Great acomodations, big room, with amenities.

Browse Trump International Beach Resort traveller photo gallery