Reviews of The Gallivant Times Square 4 stars

#368 of 415 hotels in New York

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

very bad
    • Standard Room

Everything. The hotel staff was dealing with with no respect. The room they give me was not safe since there was leaking from the roof close to the lamp which was dangerous and when I talk to them they did not even apologies from the that mistake. I talked to them twice at second time they offer to change the room but was not polite.

The hotel was so under my exceptions. so Nothing like in the hotel

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

The staff were courteous and helpful especially the...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The rooms were quite small and dark. They needed a spruce up. I asked for a different room and a refrigerator and the staff at reception were happy to oblige.

The staff were courteous and helpful especially the concierge. He was wonderful for storing our bags for 3 days while we travelled to Boston and he remembered us when we returned to pick them up!

Not ok for longer stay on a room with twin beds
    • Twin Room with Two Twin Beds

We stayed in a room with twin beds. The room is small. Not enough space for luggages and to move around. We only brought one luggage each. Check carefully the price as there is additional price for taxes and charges. Plus after our stay, we paid $21 more. Breakfast is not included. Not recommended for longer stay. Ok for one night.

I would like to complement the gentleman at the desk during...
    • Standard Room

I would like to complement the gentleman at the desk during the night of our stay. They went out of their way to help me with arrangements with our flight.

We had a family room with bunk beds on the 16th floor with a...
    • Premium Queen Suite

It was a little noisy at night, but what can you expect for New York!

We had a family room with bunk beds on the 16th floor with a view of the city and small balcony. The room was spacious, beds comfortable and seating area useful. The hotel was just a short walk from Times Square and a short walk from local restaurants and shops and two underground stations.

Amazing stay & PRIME location (steps from Times Square)
    • Standard King Room

Amazing service and experience!! The staff really went above and beyond to make us feel comfortable and make our trip exciting. I loved my stay there and would highly recommend it.

Great location, comfortable bed, relaxing space, easy access...
    • Deluxe Queen

The main problem I had with the room was the shower - the design of the screen allows a fair amount of water to end up outside the shower.

Great location, comfortable bed, relaxing space, easy access to all that New York has to offer.

Amazing little place
    • Standard Room

The rooms are a little small but for 2 we can manage. More than 2 in that room is crowded.

The property is close to everything you need in Time Square. Is clean, very pretty. The staff are polite and welcoming. The hotel and located in the heart of Time Square but not on a too busy street. Walking distance to everywhere!! We loved our stay there as a couple.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Would definitely stay again.
    • Twin Room with Two Twin Beds

The rooms were small for the price. And the fees that get added on to the original quoted price increased the price by quite a bit.

Thought the location was perfect for our needs. It was clean, and the staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

very bad
    • Deluxe Queen

they charge more mony than i agreed in the booking and when i ask them they said ohhh by mistake 265 $ they charged more and when i ask to return my money they said we well send back to your bank after 2 days and now 5 days past and nothing return to my bank till now more over they try to charge another amount biut i stop the card from my bank recommend every body to take care regarding this matter

decor of the room 1417
    • Standard Room

bed bugs or other insect infestations. lying managers and staff. dreadful customer care. over 40 bug bites all over legs with a restless night! room 1417. hotel has health and safety issues!!

decor of the room 1417

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Lovey stay very pleased thank you
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

No kettle in the room to make a cup of tea

Bed & pillows were very comfortable & room very clean , would have liked a kettle to make tea (not being a coffee drinker ) , coffee machine in room 😀

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

It was one night to experience the night life of NY
    • Standard Room

Small room but comfortable. Shuttle bus to airport was expensive and just outsourced. Would have been cheaper if I organised myself.

Great location, staff were good

I would recommend this Hotel to anyone else I know that is travelling to New York City.
    • Premium Queen Suite

I would have a difficult time to find something negative to say about our stay at the Gallivant Hotel. Everything was adequate for our accommodation.

The location was great. Close to Times Square and some other attractions as well. Rockefeller Center and Radio City Music Hall were within walking distance. Close to transit terminals. The bed was comfortable. The room was clean. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful when necessary.

Good position to time square and near to the subway station.
    • Standard Room

Poor room size and really old structure in the whole room!! The elevator always jam and not stable for service while the whole stay!! the key card had forbidden to use over 6 times for the whole stay!! it's really a sucks hotel and i will not recommend anyone to stay in this hotel at future!!

Good position to time square and near to the subway station. otherwise there is no any good reason to stay in this sucks hotel!!

Awful. The worst experience in a hotel ever.

I requested early check in because I was visiting a terminally ill friend in ICU. The hotel was unable to check me in til 2:30pm which made it impossible to get to the hospital located in the Bronx in time to visit my friend. I paid for a full size bed but received a twin bed in a tiny room. Pictures of the room available upon request. The small bathroom had ants on the towels and crawling on the bathroom wall. Pictures upon request. There was mice droppings on the wall ventilation control box. Pictures upon request. Because of the ants, I decided I should check for bed bugs. As I moved the bed a bit to get to the mattress, a credit card appeared I took a picture of that too. The initials of the credit card owner are SF. It seemed obvious to me, if someone had cleaned under the bed prior to my visit, there would not have been a credit card on the floor. I only moved the bed about 5 inches as the room was tiny. I reported the ants and showed the credit card to the night check in desk. The night check in agent checked to see if the owner of the credit card had changed rooms and was still in the hotel but he was not. He told me I could report these matters to the manager and perhaps get a discount for my inconveniences. I paid $349.46 for tiny room with a twin bed that you could feel the springs of the bed when sitting on it. Of course, the room was too tiny for a chair. I was of course felt robbed. Never again will I stay there and am thankful I was not bitten by a rat!!!

The area is Perfect.
    • Standard Room

Cleaning straff in 5th floor were extremely noisy. Took down the total impression a lot.

The area is Perfect. Close to Times Square and in Hells Kitchen. Close to metro also. The standard rooms was small, But this is NYC so just expect it in most Hotels.

It was only one night and we were not expecting much, so it was OK.
    • Deluxe Queen

The room was stinking cigarette; air conditioning was noisy and leaking water; shower wasn’t draining well; only 2 elevators (once we lost 20’ with that)

Price and location.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Probably wouldn't go back
    • Premium Queen Suite

Felt like I needed a broom, staff was not that kind, they overcharged my credit card, had a hold on it for a good 5 days, major inconvenience, wouldn't stay here again!

The bunk beds worked well for a weird stay with my son and my ex

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

NY Time Square
    • Deluxe Queen

The alevetor takes long time, the road noise during the late night, but this is NY.

Staff very friendly especially Tony he was very helpful. The hotel very clean, they clean the room daily, location perfect.

Asides the payment issue which a very good staff Alphonso was able to sort out, it is a very good ho
    • Twin Room with Two Twin Beds

I didnt like the fact that i was charged for four days and by the time i wanted to move in i was meant to pay again for one night. Even though i had called the hotel twice to reschedule.

The location was perfect for my holiday.

I would stay here again and would recommend it to anyone else I know travelling to New York.
    • Premium Queen Suite

The elevators were a little slow and this made it difficult when it was busy in the lobby.

The location was excellent for a lot of tourist attractions. The room was clean and attended to each day. Staff was knowledgeable and very courteous.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

A decent hotel if you require twin beds
    • Twin Room with Two Twin Beds

No fridge Lack of mirrors VERY small shower room and sink NOISY - sirens non stop in this area but it is right next to Times Square

The room was just about big enough. The location is perfect. I'm not sure this is a 4 star though. Maybe 3.5 tops. The room was thoroughly cleaned everyday and lots of clean towels etc.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Sweet little room with awesome staff!!
    • Twin Room with Two Twin Beds

Elevator is cramped and slow, but not really an issue, weren't hanging out at the hotel all day, so no biggie

Trish at the front desk-awesome! Informed me of all charges and we came in early and she let us check into our room!! Super awesome to freshen up before a full day wandering NYC! Zumbia, the housekeeper, super helpfull..we didn't need services every day, but she was always available in the morning and afternoon if we needed anything(towels,washcloths)and so pleasant with a smile!! Beds super comfy, clean room. Bellman at the front door to assist with doors. Location cant be beat, right on times square! Had a wonderful experience and would definitely recommend and we shall be staying here again when in NYC!

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Very bad I will never come back!
    • Family Room with Two Double Beds

Room old fashion, forniture old and damaged, wifi doesn't work, door of the bathroom broken, staff at the arrival unprofessional. Cleaness not good. Elevators non adequate. Lobby not good

Close to Times Square.
    • Twin Room with Two Twin Beds

Smelled smoking m*, probably from other room(s). Noisy. Woke up by conversation outside of the door.

Close to Times Square. Location was very important for us, so we were happy.

forgettable
    • Fitness King Room

None of the outlets in the room worked. the USB ports did not charge, the power outlets seemed to be falling apart. Pretty essential item in a room of this cost! Also very loud (and not the time square noise, but the other guests in the hotel and in the hallways echoed through the room.

Convenient location, clean, nice staff.

Excellent location ❤️
    • Deluxe Queen

The elevators are bit slow but that’s manageable, they dont provide water inside the room only when you ask the reception.

We love the location, its very near the bus tour for hop on hop off Near times square, walking distance to central park (10-15mins walk), nearby foodstall and good restaurants

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Location is flawless it’s right in the middle of Times...
    • Deluxe Queen

Property was alittle out dated with some blemishes to the room ( hole in ceiling paint chipping)

Location is flawless it’s right in the middle of Times Square

• Deluxe Queen

Rooms too small,not ready when we arrived missing items;staff not very helpfully to your needs,heating and cooling system just doesn't work properly.

My stay at the hotel
    • Standard King Room

Amenities, Wifi etc. I had the worst experience of my life staying at this hotel. Except for the location every other thing is bad! The room I am staying has bad wifi signals and most of the time is unable to connect so most of the times I have to go outside to check my mails. Telephone (intercom) was not working The mattress has sunk from the middle - so uncomfortable and a very bad quality And the worst part, killed 2-cockroaches. Arghhhh!!!! Cleanliness issue...... Would never recommend anyone to stay at this hotel.

Great location, fantastic hotel
    • Family Room with Two Double Beds

The location is amazing being just off Broadway and a minute walk from all the action. We are a family of 5 and had a family room which was really spacious even with big teenagers! The staff were really friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Not worth the price
    • Deluxe Queen

The biggest issue was the elevators. It could take you 10 to 15 minutes just waiting for the elevator and when it reaches you it’s already full. We had to take the stairs from the 11th floor, you can imagine how exhausting that was.The bed is extremely small and its springs hurt the back.

The mirror in the bathroom was fog resistant. The location was good. The wifi worked fine.

A wonderful experience that I will remember!
    • Twin Room with Two Twin Beds

I would have appreciate to have the breakfast included.

I liked everything, it was a great location just in front of the Walter Kerr Theater. The bed was comfortable. The room was very clean and it was quiet. I had a very good night. I will come back if I go back to New York.

Hotel nearby Times Squary
    • Premium Queen Suite

I would have expected more of the cleaning - now the cleaning varied from day to day, and the bathroom had a bit weird smell (maybe from a cleaning detergent?). Windows would benefit from more soundproofing although generally it was quiet in the hotel. Would be nice to have reasonably priced breakfast included in the room price.

The location was perfect for exploring New York. The room was modern and spacious enough for four, and included a bunk bed (good to have enough beds in one room).

It was pretty bad.
    • Twin Room with Two Twin Beds

2 of the 3 elevators were broken, and the one working elevator wouldn't stop in the lobby, and could only hold 7 people. All of this meant it took 20+ minutes to get an elevator. The beds made strange noises. The hallways smelled strange. No extra pillows or blankets. One of the ice machines was broken.

The in-room TV was large. The air conditioner did function.

Lovely and convenient. Clean and friendly.
    • Standard Room

The bathroom shower drain filled with water after a minute of being in it so you stood in a puddle of water that was growing each minute as you showered. The air-conditioning unit was also a bit loud and left water on the floors

It was small but modern looking which was a lovely vibe for the area. The staff and the front desk were lovely and welcoming !

Very clean and comfortable, located in an amazingly...
    • Twin Room with Two Twin Beds

Very clean and comfortable, located in an amazingly convenient spot. The staff were exceptionally nice and very accommodating, not one request was denied and they made sure our stay went smoothly. Will book again anytime!

• Twin Room with Two Twin Beds

Our initial room was quite small and stuffy. Had a problem with the shower leaking into the rest of the bathroom. After we informed them we got upgraded to a bigger room with better facilities.

The location was amazing. So great to be able to walk out the door and around the corner to times square!

Hidden fees; Dishonest advertising
    • Twin Room with Two Twin Beds

The hotel is dishonest about the fee structure. A $28 "urban fee" was tacked onto my bill and charged to my car without my knowledge or authorization. This fee is not required by law, in the way that the room taxes are. It is simply a way to make customers think their rate is lower than it actually is. If the hotel wants more money for its rooms, it should say what it wants, not tell you one thing and then charge another and tell you they can't do anything about the additional charge. It's called bait and switch, and their should be a way to get your money back, but apparently there isn't.

The hotel was beautiful and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Recommend for Broadway family over nights
    • Premium Queen Suite

One elevator was down, had to wait a while a few times, once even taking the stairs down 13 flights! The cost was high, but comparable to other hotels in the area.

The location was ideal for anyone attending the theater district. The setting was clean, the bunk beds were good for our family where the kids are too old to want to share.

Misery
    • Premium Queen Suite

Bed bugs in the room (or some other similar looking small insects in the bed). Long dark hair all over the bathroom. The bathroom was obviously not properly cleaned. Tiny room (but that’s normal for NYC). Front desk lady was downright rude.

Good location close to time square.

Personal Vacation

Wifi could be spotty at times. I also didn't bother with any of the restaurants/bars associated with the hotel due to their high prices. Even with the 10% discount associated with the hotel, it was out of my price range for what I was willing to spend for what was being offered. Luckily, there are other cheaper options not to far away from the location of the hotel.

The single room was exactly what I needed for my stay in NYC. Bed was comfortable, room was clean (housekeeping was very nice and greeted me each morning), and the location of the hotel was perfect for my planned activities. The front desk staff was also very helpful when I decided to extend my stay an extra day and went out of their way to make sure that was possible.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

The room is very small and in bad condition.

Same

The room is very small and in bad condition. Some time No water in bathroom. The left not come always I took the stairs. Not clean room . I can't sleep from anoneue outside the windows not islated.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

There were three of us staying in the room.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

There were three of us staying in the room. There was nowhere in the bathroom to place our toiletries - hair brushes, toothbrushes, shaving stuff, etc. Absolutely no counter space. Just surprising.

My stay at The Gallivant
    • Standard Room

I did not like that we had to wait 15 minutes for the bell guy to come back to the area for us to collect our bags. Someone should be there at all times. He had went upstairs to grab someone’s bags but we were rushing to catch our train to get to the airport.

The location is perfect.... staff very friendly and the hotel is very reasonable in price.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Don’t waste your time or money.
    • Standard King Room

There was water coming up from the wood floor when I walked on it near the air-conditioner in the room-we had to wear sneakers the entire time, could not wear slippers, socks, etc. The bed mattress was a box spring type and was very worn. The bathroom shower flooded the entire bathroom. The way the shower is set up almost lets the water from the shower head spray the entire bathroom-the glass that encloses the person showering is nowhere near big enough to shield the rest of the bathroom from the water. My air conditioner unit was so worn that it was falling off the wall I had to reconnect it myself just so I could walk behind that part of the bed. They also charged me to hold our luggage in the lobby the final day of our trip every other hotel we ever stayed at in Manhattan(20+) had never charged me. Every time you walked in or out of the hotel it stunk like old chinese food/curry because of the attached restaurant directly in front when you walk in. The one single good thing about this hotel was the location. Everything else was terrible. Worst hotel ever!

The location.

Avoid this place
    • Standard Room

This place is a home for sickness and dirtness, save your money! I have been given a room, of which the bathroom is full of insects, and the bed sheets made us itchy. The floor looks like a hundred years has not been cleaned. HORRIBLE! As we complained, we have been given another dirty room-a little better. We complained again, and they just said sorry and refunded us partially with 75 (less than 10% of what we paid) dollars, SO INSULTING! I do not need money, I just need a good experience.

The location.

The location is wonderful.
    • Standard Room

I stayed here during a blizzard in February and had a wonderful spacious room with a balcony. This trip as soon as I got off the elevator, I smelled cigarette smoke and reported it but was told nothing can really be enforced. My sheets and pillows smelled like smoke too. It was hard to sleep smelling cigarette smoke in my pillows.

The location is wonderful.

Hotel was great.
    • Standard Room

the aircontitioning was too loud during the night. Otherwise everything was great!

Hotel was great. The rooms were reasonable big and clean. Great positioning, walking distance to theathres, Timesquare, Rockefeller tower... Great hotel. Vietnamesse restaurant conected to the hotel is just great!!! goog food, nice waitress!!! you get your food on propper plate.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Liked the location
    • Standard Room

Uncomfortable bed Connoisseur did not make departing reservations with shuttle service after I paid for the service. She was very rude while trying to fix the problem Night person at front desk was very rude No hot water for shower on last day there

Amazing location and confortable rooms
    • Deluxe Queen

The only thing I can say is that the room doesn't have any refrigerator, but the hotel is perfect!

The location is excellent, you can go to the times square and broadway every evening and just walk half square, the staff was friendly, the hotel is clean and confortable, amazing!

My first wrong choice in many years
    • Standard Accessible Room

Room and bathroom are very small. The bed also. The air conditioning was very noisy like having a generator in your bedroom. The hot and cold water in the shower was tricky and had to run lots of water to get hot water. Except for baggage handling staff the other reception staff not so friendly.

Only location.

Terrible check out service
    • Twin Room with Two Twin Beds

Requested a 2 twin bed room. Terrible old beds and the room was next to the A.C. condensation system, so we couldn't sleep because of the loud noise. We changed to another room the next and it was better. Some of the front desk staff not very friendly. When I asked some doubts I had about the room charges durong my check out, the receptionist grabbed a a paper a told me: "READ THIS!!, you signed on your check in, you agreed the terms". And he said no more. I paid $250 per night and received this terrible and rude service.

We will definitely stay here again. Right in the middle of activities.

Depending on the time of day it can be extremely difficult to get an elevator because the elevators are small and only hold 7 people at a time. It would be nice if the rooms with the small refrigerator also had a small microwave. The hallways could use a little refreshing.

The room was extremely clean. The beds were surprisingly comfortable. The WiFi reception was very good. Check-in was very fast despite the large number of people checking in. Very close to Times Square, restaurants and activities. We liked that we were able to leave our bags at the hotel after we checked out for about 6 hours until we left the city.

Great location!
    • Standard Room

Staff and Service were both awful at front desk and travel desk. No smile no courtesy. The hotel phone line was not working and we didnt have a local phone. So requested staff if they can call the taxi company from their phone to book for the airport and they denied. Bathroom had some small bugs in the shower area. The a/c stopped working one day!

Location was superb. Just close enough from Times Square main street. The room was clean but small.

Would definitely stay again!!!
    • Deluxe Queen

1 of the three windows did not have blackout shade and you have the LARGE M&M sign blaring 24/7, BUT, it didn't face the bed, so that was great. I semi checked out and left my IPAD charger, came back that night and it was gone, called the desk 3x, they said they would look. Next morning went to the desk, housekeeping said they were never contacted and could not find my charger. So they gave me an OLD charger they had in lost and found since they couldn't find mine. I was happy they gave me SOMETHING but after spending two weeks and a couple thousand dollars, I would have rather have my CLEAN and basically NEW charger. They did take my name and address to send if they ever find but I really don't think that will happen.

The room was BIG and loved that they had a stationary bike in the room. Even though I only had one issue, I really liked this place. I had already stayed two weeks in another hotel that was triple the size of this hotel. I prefer this one over the other! I felt more comfortable and they didn't charge me extra to have a mini fridge for the two weeks. I would definitely stay there again.

Great location but not worth the price
    • Twin Room with Two Twin Beds

The cleaning cart that is never put away and just stays in the middle of the hallway in front of the elevators is simply not OK for a hotel of this standing. Beds were like hospital beds.

Poor stay and below expectations
    • Twin Room with Two Twin Beds

The rooms, beds, and toilets were very small unlike the pictures on the website, staff not very friendly on check out, toilet broke late at night and they said wait till the morning and they actually fixed it a day later. The lobby and elevator smell is really bad, and there is no sound isolators were u can hear anyone walking or chating in the corridors, not very convenient for light sleeper. Just really below expectations, and 8.6 is a very false rating.

The location was fantastic to times square only 2 min walk...

The location was fantastic to times square only 2 min walk was clean tidy great value for money expected it to be average but was very good indeed

• Twin Room with Two Twin Beds

One day the room service skipped cleaning the room, when I complained to the desk (Anthony) he said this is normal behaviour as cleaning works around the clock (this happened at 20:00). Ten minutes later someone came up to the room and brought fresh towels (cleaning does not work around the clock). There is always a line in front of the elevators. We had a twin bed room. The beds are small.

Location is great , good staff, friendly
    • Premium Queen Suite

Not enough furniture in the rooms , no drawers , nowhere to put your clothes on . Small bathroom, shower had no door or curtain.

Location is great , good staff, friendly

Won't Recommend or Stay here again!
    • Twin Room with Two Twin Beds

1st I do understand that there're some things that are beyond the hotel's control; however, there were too many issues trying to get checked in and no working air conditioner, very disappointed.

Great Location

The location is good for people who are there for...
    • Twin Room with Two Twin Beds

The room AC systems are not good ...the first night we spent it with no AC at all... the hotel gave us a fan instead. The second day I moved to a new room but the AC also was making very loud noise which made it difficult to sleep well.

The location is good for people who are there for entertainment. Not good for business.

Overpriced. 0 value for money
    • Twin Room with Two Twin Beds

Very disappointed. 0 value for money. Ants in room. AC wasn't working 90% of the stay. small rooms. overpriced for what the hotel provides as amenities. Would never book this place or recommend it to anyone.

This hotel was absolutely the best choice for our first visit to New York!
    • Family Room with Two Double Beds

After settling into our room, we noticed that our fridge was not working. They had a new one delivered in just under an hour! Totally took care of us during our entire stay.

Beds were super comfy, location was amazing, staff was awesome! We stayed in one of the "family rooms" for 4 nights (June 16-20) with 4 adults and 2 children and it was PERFECT. When we arrived, the check-in was prompt and the desk attendant was incredibly helpful. LOTS of food and stores around and the tour bus stop was on the next corner.

The Gallivant Hotel was in a great location with spacious...
    • Premium Queen Suite

Customer service was lacking. We were not able to check into our room until 6pm (check in time was 3pm). Limited staff to assist with many disgruntled customers. They were “unable to reach housekeeping” to assess if rooms were ready. Bellman didn’t open the door at all for my handicapped mother (even as the automatic open shut on her). No assistance with luggage. Our compensation was a bottle of water. I asked to speak with a manager, there wasn’t one available until the next morning, and the I apparently missed them by 15 minutes the next day. I asked for a call to discuss my dissatisfaction - and as of yet, I haven’t received a call. While this is a good location, there are many other places you can spend $400+ on a room and be treated like royalty. We will not be customers again to do lack of customer service.

The Gallivant Hotel was in a great location with spacious rooms. It was clean and easily accessible to Times Square and other attractions.

A great hotel room for our large family of 5 adults.
    • Family Room with Two Double Beds

The room was beautiful, and the location was so convenient. We were able to walk to almost all of the activities we had planned. The metro stations were easy to find also. The beds were so comfy!

not worth the high price
    • Deluxe Queen

A shower that was boiling hot and couldn'T be controlled, a "premium" room that was offered to us as compensation turned out to be just a second room with a bed like in a dormitory - this is completely inaquivalent to a hotel in the 4 star category

If you like to be in the middle of busy New York and in the...
    • Standard King Room

We came to NY for the first time ever for one week in June 2018. Hotel seemed nice when booking through booking.com; we booked a standard room. When we arrived at th hotel we could immediately see that this hotel was nothing close to the pictures that where on the hotel website or the pics you could see on booking.com . The hotel is really dark throughout and pretty shabby. We were located on the second floor. Our windows were located so that the wall of the next building was infront of us and there where stairs where workers walked up and down often. So we had to keep the „curtains“ shut at all times. So basically we never new what weather it was outiside. Whenever I went in to the bathroom there where small flies sitting on the towels and there for we did not feel like using those at all. There was also no proper cabinet at all where you would have felt nice to put your clothes in (after all we stayed for a whole week). The corridor was super dark and cramped and the trolly of the cleaning personnel stood there day in and day out. As the elevator took always for ever, we decided to take the staircase most of the times, even though it was ultra shabby. We dealt with two different receptionists: one gentleman was very kind and one of the ladies was unpleasant and curt. Last but not least, on our last evening a BIG cockroach appeared on our bathroom floor. Would never recommend this hotel to anybody.

If you like to be in the middle of busy New York and in the middle of the Theatre District, then this location is super for you,

Perfect location and value for money
    • Standard Room

Everything. We were lucky enough to get one of 4 rooms with a balcony . Everything was close bye. 3 different colour subway stations within 3 minutes walk. Hotel is spotless . Free water and ice machine on a couple of floors .

Just in the middle of the happening city
    • Twin Room with Two Twin Beds

Main doors n bathroom doors they were too noisy need maintenance...toilet flush every now n then stopped working... hotel can smell better at times corridors stinks

Just in the middle of the happening city

Location was good;
    • Twin Room with Two Twin Beds

Room and Washroom were too small and tight; lighting at the room was poor. I will not recommend for families.

Location was good; just 5 mins walk to Time Square and all the Broadway Shows are on walking distance as well.

at the reception they took payment (cash + credit cart...
    • Standard Room

at the reception they took payment (cash + credit cart scan) and did not give change When I left the hotel had to be reminded Since no one planned to give my $65 back

Love the location, a bit pricey
    • Premium Queen Suite

The room is very small. We stayed in the premium suite, the bunk bed should be fix. I don't think is strong enough.

The location is great, the jap-vietnam restaurant is delicious