Reviews of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tucson Airport This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

7051 South Tucson Boulevard, Tucson, AZ 85756, United States of America

#56 of 103 hotels in Tucson

• Reviewed: November 27, 2017

Great location to the airport. Good value for the money.
    • Two Doubles Suite

The restaurant only has the bar open for dinner.

Great value, nice large updated rooms. The sleep number bed is wonderful. The staff is great and very helpful.

• Reviewed: November 15, 2017

Close to the airport, friendly staff and the best warm cookies!
    • One King Bed Suite

I was surprised by the glass doors as the front door. I am used to a solid door and a little more privacy.

Staff was very nice and the room comes with a living room area for working and a separate bedroom.

• Reviewed: September 4, 2017

Overall a really nice hotel
    • One King Bed Suite

Our door had a crack in it which caused easy access for bugs to come in at night when we had our lights on, but other then that we really loved it.

Very nice hotel and I really like the rustic look Tucson is known for.

• Reviewed: August 22, 2017

Quick, wanted to get out asap, if there were other hotels available we would have left
    • One King Bed Suite

Very disappointed the rooms were old and dirty, the bathroom was falling apart it looked as if it wasn't cleaned or tended to for quit some time. Lots of water damage which cased the walls to decay. I will not be staying there again, looked nothing like the pictures

• Reviewed: January 26, 2017

I Wanted to Love It!!!!
    • Two Doubles Suite

The breakfast was not included in BOOKING.com rate. That meant that we paid 17.50 per person for a breakfast that would have been free if we'd booked on Hilton site. Love the fact hotel is older because the rooms were big. Amenities included a kitchen area. The rooms were dark though. Towels were thin, frayed and blackish. They looked as if they had been used to clean the grill and then poorly washed. The bed was good. Overall, it fell well below what I've grown accustomed to from Doubletree. I usually choose Doubletree because they're remodeled older hotels. They usually have character. My favorite one is in downtown Austin, Doubletree Capitol Suites. This is a good hotel that could be awesome with a few upgrades

There was a great kitchen manager. Met her the night of our arrival. She was working in the bar. Saw her again the following morning at breakfast. The breakfast setup was great!

• Reviewed: January 1, 2017

I Love Doubletree! This one? Not so Much.
    • One King Bed Suite

The hotel staff was clueless and unfriendly. The towels which were supposed to be white were actually a blackish gray (as if they had been used to clean the grill and then washed and put in guests' rooms.). The towels were limp and when they cleaned our room they only restocked us with three towels total for two guests. (That was a washcloth and two hand towels.). As I was preparing to check out and mentioned this the woman at the desk (very early...around 630a) said, "We can get you more towels." Really? I had already told her that we made do. She offered no apology or anything. One more thing, I used Booking.com and breakfast was not included. It should have been. I would have gladly paid ten dollars more to avail myself of the buffet for less than 17.50 per person. When I realized that other guests had breakfast included With their room, I felt gypped. The breakfast restaurant was inviting, the buffet Itself was tasty. We had booked a total of four rooms for two days. Rooms 256,246, 251 and 325. The cookies are great! I usually love Doubletree properties because they are well maintained older, larger, more comfortable. This one? Not so much.

The bed was great. The restaurant manager was awesome. She was personable and entertained us like we were in her home The pool area was pretty and location was convenient.

• Reviewed: July 30, 2016

I'm Lovin' It!
    • One King Bed Suite

There was nothing I didn't like!

Everything is right there for you. I love the airport shuttle, and parking service; Friendly staff and awesome house keepers; Pool area; cafe; and big rooms!

• Reviewed: April 4, 2018

Dirty bathrooms
    • Two Doubles Suite

Dirty bathrooms Air conditioning wasn’t working adequately Fitness room wasn’t stocked with towels or water Pool was cloudy

• Reviewed: February 21, 2018

It was where my training was being held.
    • One King Bed Suite

Toilet was so close to the wall you had to rest your elbow on the toilet paper rolls.

It was where my training was being held.

• Reviewed: January 25, 2018

Very clean, comfortable and in a great location.
    • One King Bed Suite

Water pressure too low in the shower

Very clean, comfortable and in a great location.

• Reviewed: November 22, 2017

Rooms were big

No cookies

Rooms were big

• Reviewed: November 19, 2017

Okay
    • Two Doubles Suite

The rooms were small, beds were okay, bathroom was small, no Wi-Fi services like they said, very misleading.

The pool & staff were great !

• Reviewed: November 7, 2017

THE BEDS WERE COMFORTABLE

NOISY, DIRTY HOT TUB AND REALLY SMALL BATHROOM

THE BEDS WERE COMFORTABLE

• Reviewed: November 1, 2017

Great room service!
    • One King Bed Suite

The A/C wasn't as cold as I'd like.

Great room service!

• Reviewed: August 28, 2017

I won't be staying here again.
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non Smoking

The rooms are very outdated. The front door doesn't even close flush. Had bugs in the room everyday.

The restaurant was good.

• Reviewed: July 6, 2017

Excellent place to stay!
    • One King Bed Suite

I liked everything about the Doubletree.

The suite was large and clean. The staff was very courteous and helpful.

• Reviewed: May 30, 2017

Loved the cookies when we checked in!
    • One King Bed Suite

Loved the cookies when we checked in!

• Reviewed: May 29, 2017

fair
    • King Room - Disability Access - Non Smoking

maintain issue

clean

• Reviewed: February 21, 2017

Location ,Staff Mekey at the bar makes you feel at home
    • One King Bed Suite

the bathroom had the toilet paper holders sticking me on my side

Location ,Staff Mekey at the bar makes you feel at home

• Reviewed: November 27, 2016

No continental breakfast
    • Two Bedroom Suite Nonsmoking

No continental breakfast

• Reviewed: November 14, 2016

I loved the bedding.
    • Two Doubles Suite

Breakfast was not very good. The walls were very thin.

I loved the bedding.

• Reviewed: October 16, 2016

No A/C in room.
    • Two Doubles Suite

The room did not have a/c. Maintenance came and did nothing. Very uncomfortable for sleeping. Will find a different hotel next time

• Reviewed: September 20, 2016

Bathroom too small

Bathroom too small

• Reviewed: September 5, 2016

Good solution if you need to be close to the airport
    • One King Bed Suite

Breakfast buffet was bland to poor

Very close to the airport, comfortable bed, ok pool

• Reviewed: August 10, 2016

You can't go wrong with Doubletree suites
    • Two Doubles Suite

Pillows were amazing, liked how the pool was in the middle, felt like home. The staff treated us like family, were understanding and fast.

• Reviewed: August 7, 2016

Nice airport vicinity hotel
    • Two Doubles Suite

Very close to airport yet very quiet.

• Reviewed: May 24, 2016

Comfortable room and the space was great.

The breakfast at the restaurant was not very good. I would go somewhere else in the future.

Comfortable room and the space was great. The bed was very comfortable. We did not hear one airplane even though we were near the airport. Staff was very friendly and went out of their way to help us.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2016

The fitness center and pool were nice.

We had to walk a long ways from the parking lot to our room with lots of luggage.

The fitness center and pool were nice. The rooms were spacious and comfortable.

• Reviewed: May 2, 2016

the cookies were good

I know we booked the room in a short time frame, that was because we were going to a funeral. we requested a handicap room, and when we checked in, the lady at the front desk said it was when I asked her. When we got to the room, the door was very narrow for my grandma to go in with her wheelchair. She only has one leg and gets around in a wheel chair. We asked if it were possible to switch to another room and were told it would be ready when we returned from the funeral. When we got back, there was not a room available that accommodated our family, they told us we would have to get 2 rooms instead, which was not needed. Also, when we got back to the room, room service did not come to our room, we had to call and request it. We will not be coming back.

the cookies were good

• Reviewed: March 15, 2016

I booked this over three months ago and prepaid.

I booked this over three months ago and prepaid. And I would've left it I didn't, so I'll never do that again. First they gave us a room that smelled so badly from bug spray that there was no way we could sleep in it. Then they moved us to another room with two double beds, and we requested a king. It was old and tired and should be torn down. What a dump!

• Reviewed: March 14, 2016

People were very nice.

The elevator doors closed so fast that people kept having to push them back open to get their luggage in. The restaurant was closed sometimes.

People were very nice. Rooms were big, clean, and nice. It was close to the airport but very quiet. Far from the city, but we wanted to be near the airport so that was ok.

• Reviewed: March 2, 2016

There's no communication between booking.com and the hotel. I had reserved a 2 bedroom apartment and turns out that double tree doesn't have any 2 bedrooms. The staff at double tree had no idea what they were doing when it came to the charges on my account. I had selected on booking.com that I would pay cash, yet they charged my card.

• Reviewed: January 14, 2016

When we arrived Hotel staff said there was no room.

Hotel did not have our booking in their system even though I had a reservation number from booking.com. We were eventually given a room although not the room we reserved. Fold out sofa bed had no blanket or sheet. There was none in the room. Hotel was old and bathroom was the smallest I've ever seen in a hotel. If it hadn't been 1 am and we hadn't had a 7:50 am flight the next morning, I would have complained to a manager. At that point I was happy to not have to sleep in the car with my husband and 4 children. I will not use booking.com again since this reservation did not make it to hotel staff.

When we arrived Hotel staff said there was no room. Our booking from your site did not show up in their system and she said it had happened to others that day. We had just driven 2 hours after the national championship football game to be near the airport for an early morning flight with reservations made on booking.com earlier the previous morning. We were turned away at 1 am with 4 children including a 2 year old and told the reservation wasn't in the hotel system and there were no vacancies. When I called booking.com their operator was able to get the hotel to give us a room although it did not include the number of beds we needed.

• Reviewed: January 4, 2016

Spacious, calm, quiet apartment type room with a lot of...

Spacious, calm, quiet apartment type room with a lot of space and a comfy bed. Wi fi good. Breakfast great. V close to the airport but inside the room you couldn't hear the planes at all. Really recommended.

• Reviewed: January 3, 2016

We were robbed.

We were robbed. Our tent trailer was removed from our vehicle while in Double Tree's parking lot. They have no surveillance cameras & if they have a watchman they didn't do a very good job. There are only two entrances to the site, both @ the front. Our two week trip was drastically changed because of this situation.

• Reviewed: October 8, 2015

The location was close to everything we wanted to do.

We had Room 101 next to a maintenance area of some sort. When the equipment came on, the noise was loud and cyclic, 24/7. Had we mentioned it earlier, I am sure the hotel would have moved us, though.

The location was close to everything we wanted to do. The restaurant was good. We left some items at the hotel and when we requested them to ship it, there was no problem and it was quick.

• Reviewed: September 21, 2015

Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Getting the wrong person's invoice upon check out and the inconvenience it is causing me is a bad experience. Also, the party that was held the night of my stay was quite loud so it took a while to get to sleep. Getting little sleep and having to leave for the airport at 5:30 a.m. was not a good experience.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. However, upon check out the person at the desk gave me the receipt of a different person. I didn't discover this error until much later and now I must contact the hotel and try to get the correct receipt / invoice. I hope the other person isn't upset that I have all of their personal information. Luckily, I'm an honest person, but if this information got into the hands of a person with malintent, bad things could happen and the hotel would be responsible.

• Reviewed: September 14, 2015

Only one problem was our first nonsmoking room smelled like...

Only one problem was our first nonsmoking room smelled like smoke and was promptly replaced with another in a more convenient location for our early flight.

• Reviewed: August 19, 2015

Breakfast real good.

Room style -double glass doors for entrance a little strange. Mostly concrete block walls very unwelcoming/spartan feel. Airconditioner only worked on high, had to turn off at night or froze.

Breakfast real good.

• Reviewed: May 30, 2015

I loved the beds and cookies.

the rooms were very small, the beds were small, bathrooms weren't cleaned good. Needs a makeover. Elevator was dirty. adjorning restuarant had a nasty breakfast spead, couldn't believe I paid 30.00 for two adults and my grandson to eat there.

I loved the beds and cookies...

• Reviewed: May 23, 2015

I booked two double beds and got a King instead.

I booked two double beds and got a King instead. I was told if I booked with someone else they can not guarentee the type of room. I told them when I booked with Booking.com I had a selection of the type of room and the number of beds. The price is based on the type of room. But, they insisted on telling me they can't guarantee the type of room and based on what was available.

• Reviewed: May 17, 2015

Nearness to airport.

Average accommodations, not as nice as DoubleTree we've stayed at in Phoenix. Didn't care for the "split" bathroom, sink being in bedroom. Restaurant is semi-detached so it may be independent facility. Food is average at best.

Nearness to airport. Room size. Staff is courteous and friendly.

• Reviewed: February 3, 2015

Worst place I have ever stayed at. First the AC is not working the suit was like 76. So I was sweating all night and when I called the front desk to get it fixed. They told me there's nothing we can do!! Not even change the room! I couldn't sleep in that oven. Also when ever one of suits around use the the water it feels like I'm sleeping beside a crossing train!!! They charged me 174 for 1 night I swear if I new this gonna happen I would have slept in my car. This my first review ever. DONT GET RIPPED OF

• Reviewed: January 23, 2015

Comfortable, good value, super quick free pick up from...

Would have liked more tea bags and an actual kettle. Buffet Breakfast wasn't that great, should have ordered to room maybe.

Comfortable, good value, super quick free pick up from airport. We forgot toothbrush/toothpaste and they had complimentary supplies to give us.

• Reviewed: May 27, 2016

Love it 😊

Love it 😊

• Reviewed: April 18, 2016

The room is verte nice.

The room is verte nice.

• Reviewed: April 7, 2016

The rooms are amazing the location as well and the breakfast...

Awesome

The rooms are amazing the location as well and the breakfast waz amazing the staff waz exelent

• Reviewed: March 26, 2016

The whole experience more than met our expectations.

The whole experience more than met our expectations.

• Reviewed: March 22, 2016

Extremely quick shuttle service to and from airport

Extremely quick shuttle service to and from airport

• Reviewed: March 19, 2016

the breakfast

the breakfast wasnt included in my stay

the breakfast

• Reviewed: March 1, 2016

The bed was heavenly!

The bed was heavenly!

• Reviewed: February 23, 2016

Room wasvey nice and clean!

Need a contonental breakfast

Room wasvey nice and clean! Needed closer access to ice machine

• Reviewed: February 17, 2016

Everything was great.

Everything was great. It was clean, nice furniture, and friendly staff

• Reviewed: January 2, 2016

Facilities outdated

Facilities outdated

• Reviewed: November 30, 2015

Clean comfortable and made to feel very welcome

Clean comfortable and made to feel very welcome

• Reviewed: November 23, 2015

I liked the way the room was setup.

I liked the way the room was setup. Very comfortable beds. Of course love the cookies!

• Reviewed: November 15, 2015

Location and facilities.

Location and facilities.

• Reviewed: October 26, 2015

excellent location.

excellent location. friendly front desk staff very good bar restaurant on site with very good staff. Rooms nice and big.

• Reviewed: September 24, 2015

Cookie when you arrived and the pool.

The pool was slightly dirty.

Cookie when you arrived and the pool. Close to Pima air and space museum.

• Reviewed: September 22, 2015

We had a comfortable stay

As an experience in House keeping I found a couple (two strands) of hairs in our shower dish

We had a comfortable stay

• Reviewed: July 24, 2015

Staff were helpful and pleasant.

Staff were helpful and pleasant.

• Reviewed: June 30, 2015

The cleanliness of the overall hotel and rooms and it was...

The cleanliness of the overall hotel and rooms and it was very comfortable to stay at.

• Reviewed: June 28, 2015

It's right beside the Tucson airport, the hotel is...

It's right beside the Tucson airport, the hotel is beautiful and the beds are huge.

• Reviewed: June 28, 2015

Service.

Service.

• Reviewed: May 17, 2015

My reservation had been at the wrong hotel and they were...

My reservation had been at the wrong hotel and they were able to accommodate me since I was traveling with another couple

• Reviewed: May 5, 2015

The delicious cookie, and the quietness of the facility.

The delicious cookie, and the quietness of the facility.

• Reviewed: February 20, 2015

I enjoyed the welcoming staff.

I enjoyed the welcoming staff. They were all very friendly and seemed to love their job. Also, the rooms were very nice and the beds were great too.

• Reviewed: January 1, 2015

Most everything.

The attached restaurant.

Most everything.

There are also 26 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.