Reviews of Super 8 by Wyndham Tulsa/Downtown/East 2 stars

3211 South 79th Avenue East, Tulsa, OK 74145, USA

#64 of 84 hotels in Tulsa

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Horrible. Best part was check out.!!!!.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The toilet seat was broken. The refrigerator had mold in it. The hot tub in the room did not work. The whole tub the paint was peeling horribly. The breakfast only had yogurt a banana and waffles, but the staff said they had no cooking spray so the waffles stuck to the waffle iron. When asked the staff for assistance he acted as if i did know what i was doing , he decided to help another guess who was having the same problem with the waffle iron... To his surprise, the batter stuck to the iron. Atleast i got a chuckle watching him scrap it out like he watched me. Wyndham should be ashamed to call this 1 of their locations. I would Not stay here ever. Very disappointed!!!!! The look of the lobby will trick you to think the rooms are nice.

Check out

Our stay was wonderful!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The bathtub was a little dirty but nothing that rinsing it out couldn’t fix!

Staff was super friendly and helpful. Room was an amazing size and super clean! I couldn’t of been happier about the price for the size of the room!

DON'T STAY HERE

There was food all over the floor all over the bed under the bed inside the pillow protector crystal meth on the floor. Looked like it had not been cleaned in 6 months

Rude staff made cockroaches look friendly

Cockroaches in the room, rude staff, breakfast not stocked

Trying to settle in our room as I plugged in my phone charger I discovered the room had cockroaches upon requesting another room front staff was very rude.

drug dealers were well established here
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

the hot tub was anything but hot the tub in the room was hotter

the area was not bad and the fast food and set down dinning that were with in walking distance was nice

Not going back
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

There was a sleeper sofa in our room that had empty wrappers and crumbs in it when we opened it. Also the mattress on it was terribly stained and had no sheets or pillows.

Close to restaurants

Quiet with restaurants nearby

Very friendly and helpful check in and out. The manager was very helpful, volunteered information about local restaurants and even gave us a discount voucher for a restaurant. Very comfortable bed slept well, well away from the highway so no traffic noise. A few selections for breakfast. All in all a good stay.

Would say decent for the price, but Bedbugs make it a zero chance of return.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We found bites on our 4year old the first morning, and the second night my husband killed a bed bug. There were burn marks on the furniture, bedding, and carpet in the No smoking room. The microwave did not work. The pool area needed to be scrubbed.

Room was large and staff friendly. The pool / spa, though small, was fun.

Great price
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The druggies in and out all night, the smell of Marijuana throughout the halls. And the sound of people having sex.

How easy booking was, and the price.

A pleasant surprise for a chain hotel. Good value.

Although I was very pleased to find an indoor pool...it is TINY and as soon as a a few more people showed up, it was impossible to enjoy the experience.

I was so surprised that a Super 8 was so nice. I've stayed in them before in the east and they are always very dated. We were well situated near a whole bunch of restaurants and the staff was very nice. There were even bananas for breakfast.

Awesome and no problems. Staff was very helpful and patient. Always smiling and ready to help.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Phone in my room didn’t work so when they forget towels or we needed toilet paper we had to walk downstairs and get it.

They have amazing waffles. Orange juice and bananas were good too. And breakfast starts at 6:30.

Glad we didn't have to spend to much time there

The whole entire upstairs smelled like marijuana... we had a non smoking room with a newborn and it smelled like a pack of cigarettes when you walked in...

The bed was comfy

It was horrible NEVER AGAIN.

Druggies and NOT clean

Where do I begin? We went to check in computer wasn't working,we got a smoking room(horrible)he changed us to a non smoking all blankets had burn holes,not vacuumed etc.Obviously this is a drug area,traffic and marijuana smoke all down the halls and people smoking in front/back of hotel. It was a horrible experience for me as a mom and my kids.

Unpleasant
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room is outdated, stained and just didnt seem upkept very well. Supposed to get queen beds and they where full. We had nonsmoking but could smell smoke all night long.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

It's your fault said the owner.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Staff very nice but owner was harsh, abrasive and basically rude. The property looked nice on the outside but a bit worn in rooms and hallways. Bathroom was outdated, 80's flashback. No elevator so if you pack heavy be ready to run up and down the stairs. Oh and the back hallway entrance anyone can enter and there was a caravan of people on the stairs that were not staying at the motel when we checked in. Had to stay an extra night cause of a flat tire on a Sunday and gentleman was nice to give me information on where to get a reliable and affordable tire for the next day. Was waiting for tow truck and asked the front desk guy, maybe owner, if I could get one hour extra and he said you have 30 minutes. Tub drain was fully clogged with other people's hair and the owner guy said I should have noticed it when I got there and told the front desk. Politely replied with how would I notify someone when there is no in-house phone in my room. Had the nerve to mutter under his breathe, "you walked down here."

The location is awesome. Minutes from shopping and downtown. Check in was simple and staff was cordial with every guest. Bed was very comfortable would've been better to have a full size pillow than the standard, flat cotton ball.

The host was very nice.

Some repairs in the bathroom need to be done. I don’t even know if the facility knows, I’m just build homes for a living. There was water leaking from the second floor through my ceiling into my tub. Need repaired ASAP . Other than that it was great. Get those repairs made thoug, because those are the types of things that would make me not want to return. I wouldn’t, if the hotel hadn’t been otherwise exceptional. Thanks

The host was very nice. The room was what I expected. Overall great experience

Woman who checked me in was friendly…nice. But I didn't pay close to $80 bucks just for that.

Noise through walls, ceiling (was on top floor), guests' doors shutting, graffiti on walls not quite painted over, wobbly fridge with door that wouldn't close, not fully functional microwave, AC/Heat unit that only functioned as a fan, leaning floor lamp, molding at base of wall under toilet not adhering to the wall, wrinkled sheets and pillow cases that had no detectable fresh scent of having been washed recently, not all light bulbs working in fixtures. The fact that it isn't in the greatest neighborhood (had no way of knowing this) isn't an excuse for the owner of this dump to get their act together, or lower their price. I believe I'm owed a full refund, and Booking.com should discontinue taking bookings for this facility until they improve it!!!!!

Driving away fast, never to return.

The room was clean when we got there and the bed was pretty...

When you walk into the lobby and down the hallway it smells horribly like cigarette smoke. I’ve never been to a hotel that allows smoking and had to endure that smell before.

The room was clean when we got there and the bed was pretty comfortable.

Price was quite cheap, proportional to the amenities.

Price was quite cheap, proportional to the amenities. While not the most comfortable and very close to the highway (hence, quite noisy), there are plenty of restaurants.

Wasn't expecting a 5 star hotel.

Wasn't expecting a 5 star hotel. It was good for the money. A little heavy on the deodorant smell down the halls but if it had been the opposite, we would've left. Right off the freeway, which is nice. Parking is a tad cramped. We stayed one night. Would go to again if needing a cheap place to stay. Office guy very nice.

It was ok
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Room wasn't the best cleaned found finger nalis and little trash around the room the tolet keep leaking to i had to use up the towels to clean it up

Price is quite reasonable, and the room itself is decent.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bed was dirty when we got our bedroom, we had to go ask for clean sheets since it was a little bit disgusting...

Price is quite reasonable, and the room itself is decent.

The staff was very friendly.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The room we stayed in was not in good quality. The carpet was wet in spots it also felt slimy. Burn marks everywhere on the table the bed stand and even in the bathroom

The staff was very friendly. The lobby and pool area were very well cleaned. Loved the whirlpool tub

Excellent.

The WiFi didn't work properly.

Rooms were spacious and comfortable, the tv was great and they offered a wide selection of channels including Showtime channels. The pool and spa were excellent. Breakfast was small but good. Over all very nice. Would stay here again.

Roach Motel

Floors gross. My sheets had dog hair all over them, I went to front desk and she just gave me sheet to change myself. Bath tub was so gross we didn't even take a shower. Never will be back!

Pinto world stay
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Outlets and lights didn't work

Our outlets would not hold our cords and the lights by the bed did not work at all. We told the front desk about the lights but never hear if they tried to fix, but they didn't work at all.

Bad

The bed had holes in the comforter there was stuff on the pillows. The front desk lady was very rude and our room smelt like smoke even though it was a non smoking room

The free breakfast

Easy access to location of motel.

Not enough parking spaces. The pool needs some repair on the metal rail to hold on to wasn't properly secured. The hot tub jets were not working. The toilet in 218 needs fixed wouldn't flush properly. The fridge made loud noise making hard fall asleep. The bed had blood stains on the side of box spring, i was not impressed with this room. Was going to take pictures of the bed,but didn't. That's just gross!!!!!! I can handle toilet messing up. But the bed really!!!!

The staff was friendly. Price not bad for one night stay. I chose Super 8 due to the last one was clean and nice. After this one i don't know about staying at Super 8 again.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Horrible experience!
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Got there and bath tubs were filthy! One of the main reason I got the room. Night staff was a rude old racist lady. Called us at 11:30 telling us she walked passed our door and it "Sounded like we had more then 2 people in our room and she was only gunna ask us once to make them leave" we explained he wasn't staying but we were in town for my fiancés family reunion and he hadn't seen his brother in 4 years and we are just visiting" she continued to tell us "It's time for bed and I know you guys want some sleep" then told us then she seen us walk to the car? We were dumbfounded..We told her we weren't loud and asked if anyone complained and she again told us no but she will only ask us once to tell our guest to leave. You'd understand my frustration if you seen all the tweekers & everywhere strong smell of pot when you walk in..People we're running down the halls and the room by us had loud music. Yet we were called to make the black gentlemen leave?! It was a horrible experience and we couldn't even get a refund..Do not go here if you like clean bathrooms and having a guest.

Liked the location only. And pool was decent.

We survived the night, not staying again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Bathtub had black scratches,long black hair in the towels and on the floor. Outside door couldn't be used or we would be locked out.

I liked the pillows and breakfast was decent.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

Don't stay here-ever!
    • Deluxe King Room - Smoking

the room looked like the crack-cocaine family had just checked out. Cigarette stains were everywhere. The room had not been cleaned and the front desk staff was rude.

nothing about this property nice.

Stay away
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Everything from the drug users to the prostitution that was going on all night. I really can't believe that Wyndham even associates with this motel.

Absolutely nothing

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

The guy working the front desk when we checked in was...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The guy working the front desk when we checked in was totally awesome. He was very helpful and really nice to me and my kids. The indoor pool was a big excitement for the kids too!

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Will stay here again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The shower curtain rod was hanging out of the wall and fell completely down while we were there. Other than that it was great.

The staff was very friendly and did a great job with getting what we needed. Very kind.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Not bad if you can find it and don't mind people hearing you.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Door did not fit frame, so anyone could hear or smell what was going on in the room, or vice versa. Had to ask for ashtray and cups. Also, no tub stopper

Room was spacious.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

Good stay, bad smells.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Whenever you walked out in to the hallway, there was a strong smell of weed. The breakfast selection wasn't that great. We ended up having to leave for breakfast. It would be nice to have a TV guide if possible, especially for those who are traveling from a different state.

It was a good price. I did like that there were restaurants near by. The heater worked really good. The beds werent too bad. I also liked the vanity set up. The coach was also a nice touch.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

Very affordable and very comfortable

On the stairs going into the pool, the foot grippers could maybe be replaced with some bigger ones. And the handles going into the pool and into the Jacuzzi need to be tightened up.

The staff was very courteous and friendly. The room was very clean, Smelled very nice. The pool and Jacuzzi was well-kept up and very relaxing. The layout for the breakfast was spacious, clean and a very good variety to choose from.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

A very good stay for the money, and wish I would have brought my bathing suit for indoor pool.

Well, there were no eggs for breakfast here, but the staff was helpful when I needed dome business papers printed. I will look to stay there again next time I'm back in Tulsa for a May performance project that will be for a two-week stay. My only concern was that the hallway did smell of cigarette smoke, so maybe other hotel guests smoked out in there. My room was cleans and the king-size bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Don't expect much

Not clean. Furniture all stained, cigarette burns in the comforter, bathroom floor in need of a good scrubbing, exposed electrical outlet, just overall poor condition

Breakfast started at 5:30, Bed comfy

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

This location needs to be torn down and rebuilt.

The TV was broken, the bathroom was disgusting, the air conditioner didn't work right, the carpet was filthy, the bedding was burned and very gross,

All I can say is nasty! We will not be back ever.

I don't know but sometimes bit me on my arm 😣😣

The bathroom had mode around the corner of the tub.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

The pool area

Seems like a lot of weird activity

The pool area

Too far away from destination even though it only said 15.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Too far away from destination even though it only said 15.5 miles coming to find out it was 163 miles away

Big room

Roaches

Big room

The floor

The beds

Miserable set up game to just cheat on spouses

Rude

Not friendly

The room , the pools, and the breakfast

The room , the pools, and the breakfast

should make sure showers work
    • King Room - Smoking

the shower water pressure was not good at all - i was able to manage and shower but was not happy with the result of the shower once i got in.

n-a

The bed

The smell in hall way

The bed

Awful - the smell stays in you

Dirty, horrible smell - pretty much disgusting. Wyndham should be ashamed to put their name on this dump

Bed was comfy

Cool, spacious and clean room.

Breakfast was kind of boring.

Cool, spacious and clean room.

Nasty hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Didn't stay found bed bugs

Weekend getaway
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Loves the outside door access as well as inside door

not a clean place
    • Deluxe King Room - Smoking

There was no fridge nor ice. There was also a heroin needle in the ac vent.

It had a nice tv

Scary
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Environment and back door wouldn't lock

Pool

Ppl were great and spa and pool

Ppl were great and spa and pool

Very very poir.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was poor. Room was dirty and had a bad odor and pool water had an odor.

The spa

Check out :)

The spa

It was clean and well kept

I can't think of anyth ok ng

It was clean and well kept

I loved that we weren’t bothered
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

We rented a room with jacuzzi tub and it didn’t work we actually paid extra and it didn’t work

It was quiet and the beds were comfy

They need to have working tubs and better towels
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The tub didn’t work and there was a lot of extra running of people down the hallway and kids knocking on my door after midnight

Would not stay there again.
    • King Room - Smoking

I did Not get the room I had paid Extra to get and they were Not even interested in trying to help solve my problem.

The room stunk of cigarettes
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Room could have been cleaner smelled like cigarettes open window during cleaning freaking stunk

Staff

3.0
    Location was okay.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Me and my kids were bit by bed bugs

Location was okay.

Good hotel for the price.

Good hotel for the price. Friendly staff

Ok for 1 night

Shabby condition

Lots of hot water

The person that work on the morning shift was not a friendly...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

The person that work on the morning shift was not a friendly person. If you can't be friendly then you shouldnt be there to greet the customers.

Super 8

Nice staff

Good price

Not a property I would go to again

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

I will visit again

Price was great.

It was a comfortable stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The blow dryer didn't work and the heat/air was very outdated so the room was unevenly cooled

Breakfast and the size of the room

Perfect balance of price and comfort.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Great value for the dollar. Lots of stores and restaurants within walking distance.

halls smelled like smoke

halls smelled like smoke

The price was good and the hotel was quiet.
    • Deluxe King Room - Smoking

The price was good and the hotel was quiet. No issues with other guests or staff.