Reviews of Turf Valley Resort 4 stars

2700 Turf Valley Road, Turf Valley, MD 21042, USA

#1 of 1 hotels in Turf Valley

A piece of Heaven here on Earth!

N/A I loved every minute

My fiancee took me for my Birthday and this was my best birthday to date and all because of your facility. My birthday started off horrible I went to get my pedicure prior to coming and had my toes cut open rush to the hospital and didn't get to check in until after 11pm a day wasted, but when I tell you the stay made up for all that I had to endure prior to coming on 5/14/2018 which was my Birthday. The food, room, golf course, spa ( I had an hour Swedish massage) we ventured down to Historic Ellicott City and shopped, and the icing on the cake was lunch a The Manor Hill Tavern ( a must place to dine). I pray they reopen after what happened. We definitely will be returning to Turf Valley Resort

Very nice place to stay.
    • Queen Room

Little quicker service in the restaurant since we were the only ones in there.

We ate breakfast at the restaurant in the hotel and dinner somewhere else.

Good not perfect.
    • Queen Room

Room was nice but had an odd chemical smell. Ceiling of room looked recently repaired and not very well done. No mini-fridge or microwave (although lobby shop did have microwavable snacks and dinners!) Parking lot does not have guest only spaces and it was a trek to the front door in bitter cold weather.

Bed was firm and comfortable. Nice Keurig coffee pot in room.

We enjoyed our Anniversary celebration. Will return to stay & golf during the season.
    • Queen Room

Bartender had to “go downstairs”. I already waited awhile to be acknowledged. Then he had to return “downstairs” for the bottle of sparkling wine I chose. I was a little surprised. The bar did not have bottles on hand? No stocked fridge in upstairs lounge bar? Seems like a small convenience to have a bar fridge installed for easier access to all cold drink options, including champagne & sparkling wines. I waited again for his return from downstairs to retrieve my champagne & pay for it.

Special occasions We were unexpectedly upgraded when Turf Valley staff learned of our celebration for Anniversary. It was wonderful. Corner King Suite w golf course view. We could not make dinner at Alexandra’s but were able to enjoy a delicious breakfast. Could not reserve Sunday Brunch as our time was limited. It looked like a nice selection

It is really valuable for money to stay there during winter :)
    • Queen Room

No room package with breakfast included. I did not know I could not do check out before schedule. I mean I could not get refund from the hotel if I would check out before schedule. Hotel charged me for whole stay when I checked in.

Room rate is very reasonable but this is winter time only during nobody comes here to play golf at the resort

Always a comfortable place to stay.

No complaints.

We were upgraded to a bigger room, which was very comfortable. We have stayed here several times-any room is nice, clean, comfortable. Parking is easy. Main roads, shopping nearby. There is a restaurant on the premises.

Tad overpriced but did the trick. Was clean and nice staff!!
    • Queen Room

Bathroom was awesom on everything but pressure.

You get two taxes on your bill, county and state, it’s nice increase in Amy owed. The property is clean and nice but water pressure is mediocre to low. Hotel and rooms are a tad out dated but the bathrooms aren’t .

Excellent resort -- wish we could have stayed longer

Wish room was discounted

Having a Keurig, comfy bed, great water pressure in shower, easy acces to & from car to hotel room, great shampoo & Fox news, but wished for a room discount

it was my refuge after attended funeral.
    • Executive King Room

There wasn't much not to like. However, I did not appreciate the smokers who occupied the handicapped ramp. I could have used the ramp, however, struggled with the steps. Even then I did not avoid all of the smoke. Just want to clarify, I was a long time smoker, but since I gave it up, 25 years ago I choke from smoke.

Food at the restaurant was excellent. Room was clean and very spacious.

A wolf covered in sheeps clothing.
    • Queen Room

After hours there was loud music and yelling from a masonic type gathering going on the time I stayed there and the excessively loud noise did not stop till around 3:00 a.m. When I left early around 5:30a.m. the next morning there was an exceptional amount of beer bottles and cans piled up just outside the main lobby. The front entrance of the Turf Valley resort looked more like a Fraternity house after a night of partying than the resort that I had researched and found to be a much talked about place to stay.

The bar/restaurant inside was nice.

Great Place for People with Well-Behaved Show Dogs
    • Executive King Room

I was surprised when room service offered "CoffeeMate" instead of half and half with their otherwise fantastic coffee. This seemed inconsistent with the resort concept... and coming from the midwest, well, I have my (dairy) biases :-)

I was staying in the resort with a show dog (large breed) attending the kennel club shows at the Howard County Fairground. The resort accommodation was very nice and staff very helpful given my unique furry roommate. You will pay a one-time non-refundable fee and sign a contract for your dog to stay. Bring a crate for your dog. Barking dogs are not tolerated for obvious reasons. Resort provides a grassy area at edge of parking lot which serves the dog duty purpose. Was not a problem for me but the distance might be an issue for anyone who has difficulty walking. Hotel provided bags at that location for doggy pick up and most people respected that responsibilty. Dogs are required to leave the premise through the main lobby. Dogs in residence on higher floors may need to use the glass elevator so if a dog is wary of these open-style elevators you might request a room closer to the first floor, near a stairway. My dog had no problem with the elevator but she is extensively socialized and is rarely bothered by much. Might not be an issue with smaller dogs. I would definitely stay there again. I was put on to this resort by my professional (dog show) handler. This is head and shoulders above where I stayed the last time I was here! Wished my husband had come along!

Lovely place to relax and enjoy the view.
    • Queen Room

There was no fridge or safe in the room. The a/c unit blasted you if you tried to sit at the desk and work. There were no other chairs in the room so you were stuck sitting on the bed. The coffee pot over at the sink just takes up too much room at the sink.. and kind of ewww. This hotel wasn't a good fit for us, we were just all over each other with the space provided and our luggage. Adjoining rooms with the kids was nice though. I still think it is a great hotel and I would recommend staying there..

The fact they let us have our dog was a huge bonus for this hotel. It was very nice and I really did like the restaurant. The prices were very good and the food top shelf. My son enjoyed the swimming pool.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Safe and attracrive location with ammenaties.
    • Queen Room

Small standard, nothing special, room with no breakfast and was slightly more pricey than a chain. Liked it... but not enough to stay again unless the price included breakfast. Not unhappy though, just...satisfied.

Attractive & safe area. Large outdoor pool for the kids. The bathroom appeared updated- really good shower. Room did not have a 'hotel' smell at all. Staff was accommodating.

Place is ok but expensive for the bad customer service and just an ok suite.
    • Executive King Room

I paid over 200 per night for a king executive suite with jacuzzi looking over the golf course. The front desk staff were unfriendly to start and when we got to mine and my wife's room for a getaway weekend it had no jacuzzi and looked over the pool. Front desk did not attempt to assist with the main issue of no jacuzzi or view which I paid for. The room was ok but became an expensive basic suit without a jacuzzi. No internet on the tv for Netflix etc or at least a dvd player to watch movies. These are basics in a suit in most hotels and absolutely should be present at 210 a night. The first morning they were supposed to have a great breakfast buffet from what I read but of course instead we waited with about 7 tables for slow breakfast service instead as they only had one waitress and no buffet. Found out later they only do the buffet if their 65 percent filled. So the place isn't packed on the weekend yet we still couldn't get a correct jacuzzi sweet overlooking the golf course for our rare weekend getaway and day one of breakfast didn't exist. Sunday they did have breakfast buffet and it was very good. The food and clanliness were good but the price and customer service or lack of and paying over 200 a night foe a basic suite is ridiculous. We will not be returning and will not recommend this location unless it's a wedding.

Place was clean. Food was good inside Alexandrias.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Beautiful, out of the way resort
    • Queen Room

It was a bit hard to find the main entrance when arriving late and night and in the rain. Breakfast was not included in the price of the room.

The resort was so beautiful and the rooms were fantastic. The view of the golf course was lovely and made it feel so relaxing. Everything was clean and well appointed. There was an onsite restaurant and the food was great!!!

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Location, bed, room decor.
    • Queen Room

I ordered room service. The person who answered the phone initially told me I could not get a baked potato with only butter and sour cream, only loaded was available. I had to ask her to check with the kitchen, who said no problem. When my food arrived there was no sour cream. Steak was good and properly done. Your pet fee of $75 is steep but I knew about it ahead of time. However I was very surprised when I was charged $85. In 30 years of traveling with my dogs I have never been taxed for the pet fee!

Location, bed, room decor.

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Very nice hotel in a beautiful surrounding of an golf course with spa and swimming pool.
    • Queen Room

Very nice hotel in a beautiful surrounding of an golf course. Additional services with spa, swimming pool and tennis course. The kids really loved it. Breakfast (not included) was very good and also the restaurant of the hotel was quite good. Distance from Washington DC was good.

It was.
    • Queen Room

It was. It worth the value.

Love this hotel

I really wanted a massage but the spa was booked.

Nice view very clean and affordable with lots of activities for the kids

Had an awesome Birthday experience.
    • Queen Room

Had an awesome Birthday experience.

Room only had one chair and toilet door hit the toilet

Room only had one chair and toilet door hit the toilet

If I ever have to come back to that part of Maryland I most definitely will stay here.
    • Queen Room

This was such a nice hotel. It exceeded my expectations, and the staff was the best. The front desk personnel was so amazing.

Hot tub was awesome!

Hot tub was awesome!

Relaxing stay

Room small

Swimming pool, parking

We came for a family wedding and enjoyed the pool but the rooms were tiny and cold
    • Queen Room

Size of room and heating system was very loud

Tiny rooms, cold air leaked in thru the patio door

The appearance was beautiful
    • Queen Room

Would like to see them have microwaves and refrigerators in the rooms

The appearance was beautiful

A quality stay
    • Queen Room

Staff can be more friendly

Good facilities

Bed uncomfortable. Hot tub closed at 9. Too early
    • Queen Room

Hot tub closed at 9. We came to visit family and by the time we came back it was closed

Glad u offered a hot tub but it needs to stay open until 12 pm

Very satisfied.

N/a

The customer service excellent the resort is beautiful

Not likely to stay again unless there is no other choice
    • Queen Room

They advertised two queen sized beds and they were really only full sized beds.

Cleanliness

manager at front desk was rude

luxurious accommodations

Extremely disappointed
    • Queen Room

Manager at front desk very rude

Most of the staff very friendly and helpful

The restaurant was nice and being in the middle of a golf...
    • Executive King Room

The rooms seemed a little dated but overall it was very clean.

The restaurant was nice and being in the middle of a golf course was cool.

Bathroom was great.
    • Queen Room

Nothing it was a great place to stay

Bathroom was great. A/C great. Food was great.

April birthday

Everything was amazing..

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Amazing food in the hotel restaurant
    • Queen Room

I wish there were a mini fridge and a microwave in the room.

Amazing food in the hotel restaurant

A quiet retreat
    • Queen Room

Convenient to local restaurants yet off the highway enough so no traffic noise.

• Reviewed: 31 March 2017

Comfortable room
    • Queen Room

Room was very comfortable. Ate breakfast at the hotel and it was wonderful. Very relaxing setting.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Wonderful Family Visit

No extra soap

The bed was very comfy. Kosher friendly

• Reviewed: 6 November 2016

Easy to get to off I70.
    • Queen Room

Property is tired, in need of renovation: Old, worn carpeting.

Easy to get to off I70. Nice setting. Free wi fi.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Great room enjoyed everything

Great room enjoyed everything

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

The staff was friendly
    • Queen Room

The place could use a makeover, the mattresses are really springy and overall the design and decor is outdated

The staff was friendly

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Anniversary staycation
    • Executive King Room

The room had a little smell I guess from other dogs

The staff was very friendly and it was close to new restaurants, the outdoor pool was so relaxing

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Excellent Turf!!

Extended pool hours.

Hotel was beautiful and the food was delicious. Bartender was very friendly and accomodating,

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

Overrated.
    • Queen Room

The rooms entirely too small. No seating area.

• Reviewed: 6 September 2015

The size of the room and the cleanliness was great.

There only a few options to watch on tv if you want to relax and maybe catch a movie or something while staying in. I would have like to have seen a few more menu options at the restaurant.

The size of the room and the cleanliness was great. The bed was comfortable. The decor was very nice and I like that I had a mini fridge in my as well.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2015

Loved the location and the total atmosphere of the hotel.

A little too noisy for me. We could hear people up and down the hall ways and the doors opening and closing.

Loved the location and the total atmosphere of the hotel. Friendly staff and and great price.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2015

View , comfort ,friendliness

Due ghi not hooked up properly we had no coffee machine or hair dryer . They were notified and stated it would be taken care of , but didn't happen in our 3 day stay. TV was also messed up but fixed .

View , comfort ,friendliness

• Reviewed: 4 July 2015

Everyone, from housekeeping, restaurant servers, bartenders,...

A/C in the room was wonderful, but there needs to be better climate control in the rest of the building. Walking in the halls was so humid. I was dripping with sweat, by the time I went from my room to anywhere else in the building.

Everyone, from housekeeping, restaurant servers, bartenders, to the front desk were friendly and helpful. Loved the grounds, and the gym. The pool looked great, though I didn't partake.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2015

Location, view, food & helpful staff.

Air conditioning unit extremely loud to the point of waking us up. Bathroom sink filled but didn't drain for a long time. Not free wi-fi charged $9.95!!!!!! Room 707

Location, view, food & helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2015

Nice and quiet rural setting .

Breakfast could be better ... one morning the buffet line was out of eggs - and could not get orange juice... jellies and marmalade should be available at the tables for breakfast toast.

Nice and quiet rural setting ... far away from noise and traffic.

• Reviewed: 6 January 2015

Loved the decor of the room.

Wasn't a thing I didn't like.

Loved the decor of the room. The bed was very comfortable. And the second sink came in very handy. The brunch on Sunday morning was the best brunch I have had in years. Please try it.

• Reviewed: 12 May 2016

Felt the pet fee was high for just one night. Also no break was included

• Reviewed: 10 May 2016

Comfortabe

Comfortabe

• Reviewed: 27 April 2016

Noisy party kept us awake.

Noisy party kept us awake.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2016

Everyone is friendly and makes you feel welcomed.

The price was alittle high but i guess it was worth it

Everyone is friendly and makes you feel welcomed.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2016

Room somewhat small.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2016

Clean, comfy, great dinner.

Pet fee too high, left my dog with handler at dog show because of that.

Clean, comfy, great dinner.

• Reviewed: 13 January 2016

The staff was so friendly and helpful.

The staff was so friendly and helpful. I would definitly come back!:)))

• Reviewed: 7 January 2016

It was very close to where we needed to be.

Unexpectedly small rooms for being a resort.

It was very close to where we needed to be.

• Reviewed: 15 September 2015

Everything.

Everything. Spacious, clean environment. Fantastic service. Good food. Spa treatment so refreshing!

• Reviewed: 27 August 2015

Everything is great at turf Valley with excellent service...

Everything is great at turf Valley with excellent service and ammenities.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2015

Nice room layout, clean & view of the golf course

Metal sinks in the bathroom.

Nice room layout, clean & view of the golf course

• Reviewed: 25 July 2015

Awesome resort

Awesome resort

• Reviewed: 16 June 2015

Breakfast was very late as we were on a time schedule so...

Breakfast was very late as we were on a time schedule so that was very irritating

• Reviewed: 7 April 2015

Hotel surrounded by beautiful golf course, pond with...

Hotel surrounded by beautiful golf course, pond with fountain, as well as a nature trail. Very nice!!!

• Reviewed: 14 January 2015

Room

I had to leave

Room Staff Restaurant Bar Location

There are also 37 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.